Chevy Malibu

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We were in a Chevy Malibu 2015 when the flash flood happened in Denham Springs, Louisiana. The car went dead and it almost became our coffin. We couldn't get out. The car went dead. We couldn't open a door, put down a window or anything!!! If it had not been for God we would have died. God opened 2 doors at the last moment. No one was touching the doors. Water had almost consumed the entire interior. We swam for our lives. Hey Chevy really?

I purchased a new 2016 Chevy Malibu from Jerry's Chevrolet in March of 2016. My current has 19k miles on it as of April 2017. The car was put in the shop on April 20, 2017 because it had lost almost all power and was driving so rough it was barely drivable. Much to our surprise the service manager notified us the following day that it needed a new motor. Outrageous! Once we got the General Manager of the dealership involved the following day we were told it did not need a motor but had a broken piston ring. They apparently removed the entire motor from the car and replaced all the pistons and gaskets and did a third repair on the malfunctioning auto stop part. So basically they rebuilt the top part of the motor. I did not purchase a vehicle with a rebuilt motor. I purchased and am paying for a new, reliable and safe vehicle. They sent me on my way and said I would be very pleased with the repair and not have anymore problems.

A day later while driving the vehicle I lost all power to the vehicle. I was trapped inside, unable to open windows or doors. Odd that there is no manual way to unlock the doors to get out. Extremely unsafe. Could not even put the car in park to try to restart the vehicle. Notified dealer and they informed me that the car problem just needed to reset after the big repair. What? The car did start back up and I drove it home. Two days later it did the same thing again while I was driving the vehicle. Only this time I was pulling into an intersection and the car just stopped and lost all power. I was almost hit by a vehicle traveling behind me and I was again trapped in the vehicle. This vehicle is a lemon and at this point a death trap. I was terrified and that is not acceptable. My child is with me everyday in this vehicle and we could be killed if this were to happen on a major highway.

The dealer has me in a loaner car and has told me that the reason this happened is because when they were doing the previous repairs the mechanic did not tighten back the positive battery cable. No way! I do not want to drive this vehicle away from the dealership! It is unsafe and I do not trust what the service department is telling me. We have demanded that they take a trade in on this vehicle without any additional finances from us. They are telling me they don't have that authority. That is ridiculous! They make deals everyday to just sell a damn car! They passed me off to Chevrolet customer service to file a formal complaint. Shouldn't the dealership assisted me in this? They are the ones who sold me the vehicle.

I placed a formal complaint with Chevrolet on April 26, 2017. Was told I would hear from someone within 24 hours. We will see how well they back their product. I will not get back into my vehicle until they have something resolved! It is unsafe!! I am prepared to take this all the way to the top with a civil suit against GM if I have to. Oh and did I mention that my husband's company has 50 employees driving GM/Chevrolet vehicles. I would hate to see that account lost.

I purchased a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu brand-new from Don Folk Chevrolet in Kelowna BC, Canada. Since purchase, I have complained about electrical issues with this car that is causing a serious safety risk that seems to be very prevalent in this model of car. The steering wheel and brakes go stiff and the instrument panel and radio unit shuts off completely. The car will also shut itself off while moving in gear which causes complete loss of operation of the vehicle. I have complained about electrical problems multiple times and from what I read (sadly) is that nearly everyone has the same issue with their dealership and/or General Motors Corporate. They say they have to replace my rack and pinion now? If anyone else has had the rack and pinion replaced please let NHTSA and or Transport Canada aware that you are having this problem so we can get the ball rolling because this is absurd.

The car is clearly mis-engineered and the dealership is trying to deny a defect, so everyone with this problem is in the same boat with this car and there seems to be a substantial amount of sheer evidence that this is an engineering defect cause a very unsafe and possibly deadly situation. The rack and pinion assembly they want to replace is approximately $2560 Canadian. They will not cover the cost because it isn't deemed a recall or defect which it should be and much like other people have said. They also do not want to cover any portion of this repair as it is just past warranty and will not guarantee this will ensure the safety of my car. There must be something we can do together, this isn't a co-incidence.

While returning from a Florida vacation our 2010 Chevrolet Malibu transmission with 120,000 miles on it suddenly started slipping so badly that we had to have it towed to a transmission repair shop. Needless to say the vacation ended on a bad note. The transmission wave plate repair will cost us $3508.00. When I started researching this failure I can see that there are many many people who have experienced this same problem. Why isn't General Motors being held accountable for this defect?

I bought my 2017 Chevy Malibu Premier in January of this year and already have problems. I brought my car in for a simple oil change and the dealer decided (without my permission) to fix a recall on it. According to the dealer he was "required" to fix the recall (transmission module update??). I had no problems prior to this "fix". Now my car shifts hard and my cruise control doesn't work. The dealer claims "That is normal. The car just needs to relearn your driving"... Not buying that.

I asked him to reverse the "update" and he said he couldn't and there is nothing he can do for me. I decided to get a second opinion and brought it to different dealer. Lo and behold I was right... It wasn't "normal". The new dealer told me that they might have to replace the whole transmission... WHAT... NO. This is a new car; I don't want a car that has a rebuilt transmission when I paid for a brand new car... Needless to say I'm very disappointed. I have always purchased Chevy vehicles, however, that is now going to change.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

I will never buy another GM!!! So my 2002 Chevy Malibu blew a head gasket at 88000 miles. Head was cracked ended up replacing motor. One day the wife was backing out of my driveway and ran into my other vehicle which busted up the driver's side tail lamp assembly on the Malibu. When she got out to look the light was glowing and poof, burst into flames. She frantically got my two kids out of the car and tried putting out the fire with some water bottles and one gallon jug of water, all to no avail. Luckily she was at home, and grabbed the fire extinguisher which put the fire out. The assembly is melted with some blackening around it and a burnt smell inside the car. When I called GM they said it was the "collision that started the fire". So if a minor fender bender can catch their car on fire with my two kids in it, no thanks. Not to mention the fire was right above the gas tank. Lost a customer for life, and I recommend everyone to steer clear.

I purchase a 2013 Chevy Malibu from Jarred ** in Winter Haven, FL late Tuesday, February 21 2017. The vehicle had only 26,388. On Friday February 24, I contacted Jarred ** in Winter Haven, FL and I talk and the sales person who sold me the vehicle, Mr. Joe ** and told him the car panel started to malfunction turning off. I was transfer to the service department and they told me to bring the vehicle in the afternoon. I proceeded to ask questions regarding the vehicle and the warranty but he said he was too busy to answer my question because he had too many customer, that I needed to bring the vehicle in the afternoon for him to check it out. I drove the vehicle to work and the panel turn off a couple of times.

After work I proceeded to go and get my children from school. As I was merging into Interstate 4, the car panel turn off. I lost power steering, the steering wheel lock. I was not able to merge into traffic. The car went from 60 miles to almost a complete stop. I tried to turn my emergency lights and the car panel kept turning off. I lost power again, the steering wheel lock. I couldn't get off the highway because the power steering will not go back on. The windows and power lock did not work. I couldn't open the windows, it was very scary for me and my children. I pull on the side of the road, call the dealer, talk to Mr. **. He told me to drive the car to them and it was going to be check on Monday.

I requested the car to be towed. This car was not safe to be on the road. He kept telling me to drive the vehicle to them which the dealer is a 40 minute drive from my home. He even told me to go directly to the Chevy dealer close to me which is in Clermont, FL, almost an hour from my home. I requested the vehicle to be towed. Mr. ** told me to drive it to my house and then they could send someone to pick it up. I cancel my purchase of vehicle. I do not want this car anymore, it not safe to drive. I was terrified. My children and I could have gotten seriously hurt or even kill driving this car. The Chevy dealer need to look into this malfunction because a lot of complaints have been made from different Chevy Malibu owners and they do not have a recall and for what I have been able to research Chevy does not know how to fix the problem.

I have had my 2011 Chevy Malibu for 4 years and 2 months. The transmission has went out, fuel pump and now I think it is the starter or alternator. My family is a Chevy family... I am so afraid to drive this car anywhere. I went to a banquet last night and went out to get in my car and it would not start. Lights and everything work but it won't start. When I had all the problems, the car gave me no indication that something was wrong. With all the computers these cars have on them now, it seems like they would let you know when there is a problem. When I had it towed for transmission issues to a transmission shop, there were three other car in the shop for the same reason but no recall... Hmmm! I will never buy another chevrolet!! If chevy does not fixes these issues not only will you lose my business but a lot of others too! Please help us!!! This is ridiculous!!!

We bought our Malibu LTZ 2011 used. It seemed as though it had been kept up, looked great inside and out! The first few months were fantastic. Summer in a sweet car. Then winter hit. Little things began to happen. The car would shake, the heat would cut in and out, the battery drained over and over, the headlights came on in the middle of the night, the alarm began sounding often, check the esc. Then it just stopped.. Starting. First trip to the dealership they told us it was the codes, 21, low codes. The car wouldn't start the next morning. The next service call was to replace the entire fuse block. They figured it out! But.. No.. Still shaking at times. No heat/air. But it starts most times. I'll never buy another GM. And now that I've read more reviews, I'm actually scared of what will happen when the transmission goes while driving in the highway.. Very disappointed.

I purchased a 2006 Malibu a few years ago from a friend. Like everyone else who have filed a complaint, I have complaints with this car as well. First of all, my car has a thud in the steering wheel. Every time I turn the corner, you could hear this thud. I show recalls on this car for several repairs. I took my car in for the recall twice but STILL have that same thump every time I take a turn. Is my life in danger?

I WILL NEVER buy a Chevrolet again. I bought it b/c my uncle used to work for Chevy for years and swore by the cars. I bought the car in 2012 and after 5 years and it being paid off and just received my title it needs an engine. Check engine light came on said coil 3 misfire. I get it fixed. Light still on. Now they saying no compression in coil 3. Really??? This is sad. It needs to be a recall on this engine. They should at least pay half of the repairs. It's unfair. I planned on driving this car many more years. I guess I need to buy a Honda or Toyota. Heck I have a 2000 Protege with 314K miles. It's still going strong. GM please help!!!

I bought my 2011 Malibu brand new with 4 miles on it. 4 days after driving it off the lot my car died making a left turn. I brought it to the dealership and they were unable to replicate the problem. Years passed with some normal wear and tear until I felt it shifting late. It got worse until 1 day I was at a stop light and when I went to accelerate it wouldn't move, no matter if it was in the manual mode, automatic or reverse. Had it towed to a dealership and the transmission control module had to be replaced, thankfully under warranty.

6 months went by and I felt it shifting late again, so a mechanic recommended pulling the battery and maybe it would reset its learned shifting behavior. When I reconnected my battery my odometer went from 74,000 miles give or take to 7,300 miles!! I spoke with a dealership and they had no idea what would cause it. 9 months passed and I decided it was time to trade it in, but no dealership will give fair trade value because of the odometer issue. So I brought it to another dealership and they accuse of me of tampering with it. They replaced the instrument panel cluster and of course did not get it resolved. So Chevy has no clue why this happened and the dealer has no idea. I owe 7k on the car and I'm ready to cut my loss.

I have had my 2011 Chevy Malibu for 5 years now and I loved it! Keyword loved... I used to consider myself a Chevy guy after being raised with Chevy and GMC my whole life. I have had numerous issue with this car and have shrugged them off with Brand Loyalty. Especially since my dad worked at GM for a long time. I will never be buying myself a Chevy again. Let me get you up to speed with my story on this car (or lack of car).

So my car is 2011 Chevy Malibu LTZ with 90,000 miles on it. In the course of 5 years, I have had the brakes replaced 5 times. The mass air flow sensor go out twice. All the spark plugs go out twice (they are 100k mile plugs). Battery go out 3 times within a 3 year span. Different rims bend while normal driving and having to put on the spare because the tire deflated (still on factory rims). Radio switching inputs on its own. Aux hit or miss if going to work. Car shaking then turning off right after it being turned on. Car sometimes not braking properly even if pushing down all the way on the brakes.

After all of these it leads me to my worst and breaking point on the vehicle... so the current status of my car is undrivable. I had just gotten back from vacation and had left the Malibu at home. I went to go to work in the Malibu and on the drive the car came almost to a halt on its own from 55 MPH down to 20 MPH instantaneously and wouldn't go over that speed. I pulled over and turned off the car. After waiting 5 minutes and trying again my car would not accelerate past 20MPH and the check engine light came on.

After getting it home I checked the code on the car with my reader and got error P0700 which says shift solenoid or transmission control unit. I tried to reverse it out of my garage to take it to a mechanic just to find the reverse had just stopped working too. I had 3 mechanics look at it and they all said the transmission was out and that it had a special code on the transmission that only Chevy could program in so that the replacement would have to be through Chevy. I called all the dealers and they said my warranty was a month up, but that they could look at it to see what's wrong. I called the main line for GM and they had told me that they could do a courtesy fix or they could possibly give me an extended warranty.

The catch was I had to get it checked out at a Chevy dealer first for them to give me the free fix. They set up a tow which they charged me for and then charged me to have it inspected. They came up with the same conclusion that it was the transmission. They said it would be 2000 to inspect the inside of the transmission and 4000 to replace it. After that the following week went on with me not being able to get ahold of the people at the main GM office that told me they would fix it. Then I got a call from the dealer after having my car there for 3 days saying that if I didn't come get it by the weekend that they would deem it abandoned. They had told me the talked to the representatives from the main GM office that I had spoke to and they said they would not help with the problem and for them to have my car off the lot if I wasn't going to pay to have it fixed.

The car is 5 years old and has 90,000 with a transmission problem!!!! I have seen multiple Malibu owners with all different year Malibus reporting the same issue with the transmission between 80,000 to 110,000. I am afraid to pay to get it fixed because if it stays consist that could be 3 transmissions in the life of the car. That would be 10s of thousands of dollars on that fix through the life of the car. I think this car is a lemon because of everyone having the same issue with different years of Malibu's. Chevy is aware of this and have not recalled it because they know of the repercussions from it and probably like all the money they are making off of the constant fixes. This car is a money pit and should not be sold anymore until all these things are fixed.

I would like this car replaced or something to be done about this. I would be willing to get into a class action lawsuit even for this. They have no problem taking your money for the car and fixes but will not help you to fix the issues they are aware with the car. Something needs to be done about this and it can't just be one person it has to be all the people who have been wronged by this model of car. If there isn't a stop put on it then they will continue to cause more distress on more unknowing victims that buy this car. If something doesn't change soon there could be a lot of people injured or fatalities in this car and a lot of life's in danger. There isn't a price on people's lives and this company must be stopped! It has gone on for far long enough!!!

Front camera service and adaptive cruise control service lights keeping coming on. Repair of car lasted one day. Now it's back in the shop for the same problem, system drains my car battery. Is there a recall for this problem because now am without a car and am angry.

I purchased my 2010 Chevy Malibu LTZ slightly used with only 8,000 miles in same year of 2010. Thought I was getting a good bargain being that due to it being slightly used the price of the LTZ model was the same as the lower end models of the same year saving me $8,000 for all the upgrades. The first problem began roughly 3 years after purchase and around 45,000 miles.

I live in south Texas so even in the winter months temperatures are fairly mild but during our cold months I was unable to start my car in the mornings. I would turn the starter and it would sound as if it was trying to fire up engine so I tapped gas pedal and it would then start however a cloud of black fumes would come out of tailpipe. This happened on a few occasions so I took it to 2 separate mechanics who were unable to find cause of problem but believed it to be a fuel injection problem. They said normally a car would need to change the fuel filter but my car does not have a simple fuel filter to change. This worried me a great deal because it sounded like it will be a more expensive fix.

By chance, during the same time this was happening my passenger side low beam light went out. So I went to AutoZone to purchase light and usually they are kind enough to change the bulb for me however when the AutoZone worker came out and looked at my car said he would not be able to change my bulb due to the complexity of the design of my car. Had to be taken to a mechanic which cost $179 in labor just for headlight change. I spoke with same AutoZone worker about the problem I was having with my car not wanting to start when the weather is cold. He said to try using only high-octane gas from either Shell or Valero. Up until that point, I would buy my gas at any gas station and only use regular grade.

So I followed his advice and 4 years later I have not had any further problems with that issue. I chalked it up to having a "picky car." My car is now 7 years old with approximately 102,000. Last week the transmission went out. Up until the day it went out I had no indication there was a problem with the transmission. So I am now replacing the transmission with a Jasper at a total of $4,400. My car was just paid off 3 months ago and of course the warranty is out. I didn't bother to take it to Chevy but a very reputable auto mechanic in town.

I had their mechanics give it a thorough look over to see if anything else would need to be replaced or see any further potential problems. They did find that all 4 ball joints have a rubber seal that protects against grinding are all worn down and recommend replacing those at a cost of $650. Mechanic did indicate that it is rare to see them worn out and that on most cars that is something that sometimes never needs to be replaced. Headlight needed to be replaced once again about 4 months ago which this time was about $159. Both times the headlight was out I had them replace the bulbs on both sides since the cost of labor is so high.

To list a few other things my rear defrost went out about 3 years ago. I left it alone because being in south Texas I don't really find that I need it. The sunroof leaked when the car was approximately 3 years old. Luckily I had that fixed for free by a relative that works in an auto body shop. No problems with that since the fix. The leather interior is not holding up well on the driver's seat and door handles are peeling. Service ESC light appears frequently. I would like to say that I am good about taking my car in for regular service when car indicates it is time and use synthetic mix oil. High octane gas.

Overall I, will continue to drive my Malibu once the transmission is replaced but have not been happy with the design of the mechanical engineering of the car due to not having dipstick to check transmission fluid, no fuel filter and high cost to change headlights. I will drive this car as long as I can because I simply cannot afford a new car at this time but I will not buy a Chevrolet in the future. Not even sure who makes a good affordable midsized car anymore.

Disappointed because I really wanted to buy only American car. Especially when purchased back in 2010 right after all the car manufacturer's closing. I thought I was doing the patriotic thing at the time and "WAS" proud of the Chevy emblem. I could probably name a few more minor issues but I'm an easy going kind of person and never worried too much about the small stuff but when things become a danger or cost working class Americans more money than its worth I must speak up. Shame on GMC.

Took my 2011 Malibu in because the engine light came on. Got a dia. code of A0443. They told me my solenoid needed changing. Had it done for $371.00. A week later the engine light came back on. Called the dealer service dept. and was told if the engine light isn't blinking I can drive it, my mistake should have taken it back to them right away. Took it to AutoZone and got the same code A0443 to fix the original problem. Now my inspection is due. A few months later took it back to them and with another charge of $350.00 to change the gasket on the fuel tank. I express my belief that this was the original problem with the gasket and not the solenoid and was told many diff. problem can happen under that code relating to fuel leak. Don't know what's going to happen next, very disappointed. Ready for a class action lawsuit.

I got my 2016 Chevy Malibu in June of 2016 and it was a BRAND NEW CAR, 0 miles on it. And now not even 6 months later, I had 5 to 6 recalls then after the recalls the engine light start coming on and when I take it to them they say that it's normal for it to have a hard shift. I said, "No it's not I wanted" to give the car back and they was not going to do it. GM needs to do better on their cars, trucks because I will never by a Chevy Malibu from them by looking at the reviews on them and the problems I'm having already. This is crazy!!! We all need to get together and do a class action suit on them. I hope this helps someone that has a 2016 Chevy Malibu. They look good but NOOOOO to many problems being a NEW car. GM I need HELP!!!

We bought a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 2.4L Ecotec in 2013 from a dealer. I am a car nut. This thing has been well maintained with premium synthetic fluids on a routine basis. The car had 30K miles on the odometer at the time of our purchase. Within the first 24 hours of purchasing the car, its check engine light came on and the car began to stall. Had to cycle the key multiple times to get the car to crank, idle, and run. Check engine light shining. Dealer advised to bring it in for a scan. Mass air flow sensor on day 2. At 45K miles, we were almost left stranded 30 miles from home. Engine began to stall, no power, CEL blazing on the dash again. Car would not idle enough to stay running. Had no choice but to wait for help. After an hour, the car started and ran normal again. This problem remains persistent and unpredictable without any explanation from the dealer, we never know when it's going to act out.

At 98K miles the tail lamps went haywire. Pedal depressed = lights off. Pedal released = lights on. Had to clean the connector in the passenger compartment. Last week at 101K miles, wife was driving down the highway and the car popped and lost all power. Transmission gave up the ghost. Lost first, third, fifth, and reverse. Now having to pay out more money to have a new transmission put in this never ending nightmare. The car is clean and immaculate, but a mechanical train wreck from day one. Way to set the bar low GM. Many of these cars have the same issues, but they have been ignored and dealers love to see them coming. GUARANTEED 100% this will be our last GM product.

I bought this 2010 Chevy Malibu about a year and a half ago. It had 63,000 miles on it and have had nothing but issues. I have had a problem with the defrosters not working and when I went to the dealership they said that a fuse in the back panel had fried the entire fuse box and it all needed replaced. Brakes have been a major issue and have replaced them and the rotors on the front and the back. I have had to replace the headlights multiple times. The exhaust manifold cracked last winter from the snow touching the hot part under the car. The wipers quit working. Found out the problem is something in the linkage. Replaced fuses because they keep blowing for the cigarette lighter which is only used for charging a cell phone. The esc is always coming on at inappropriate times. The airbag has been serviced six times and is currently on.

Then yesterday I went to the store and came out and without warning the transmission went out. The car would not go in reverse and it would engage in first gear but would not go over 18 miles per hour. Would not go into second gear at all. Don't you know the extended warranty I bought just ran out and there is no help for me. What's the bill this time? $4500. I still owe $10,000 on this car and am beyond upset. I cannot believe Chevy would let this happen to people. I have always been a Chevy person and this ruined it for me. I will definitely be looking around for a FORD!!!

Recall and electrical issues - I purchased this car brand new in 2013 and have had electrical issues from day one. I would the car and the heat would come on full force and that was in the summertime. The radio constantly changes on its own between AUX, FM, and XM, so you cannot listen to music anymore, and I have been stranded 6 times as the electrical system would drain the battery and the alternator. Both have been replaced twice. I am seeking relief via the Delaware Lemon Law.

I have a 2015 Malibu. The check engine light is on and the tachometer has stopped working. GM says I have had rodent problems and have chewed up some wires. I took it to a guy that use to be an electrical engineer for GM and he says this is impossible, the tachometer works by a signal. I am lost and GM wants to charge about $1,000 to fix it. I am fed up with this car. Can someone help?

Within 6 weeks after having my transmission serviced 7/15/16 at an authorized dealer, the wave plate broke requiring a $3K repair. 2010 Malibu with only 78K miles! GM paid 50% but should have paid 100% due this is a design defect or recommended maintenance error. Do not get your transmission serviced on these cars unless you want to incur a major transmission repair or replacement. GM should be ashamed of how they are treating owners in these situation.

I bought this car back in December and I was completely scammed on it. The month I purchased it, the brakes completely went out which caused a wreck which did not do that bad of damage so I ended up spending money to fix the damage due to spending every last dime I had on this car. After fixing, it ran fine for a while then it started having many, many minor issues. Tire rod, new tires (after already having new tires) ball joints, lots of electrical issues from the front to back. It is now October of 2016 and I have yet had a break on this car. It is constantly one thing after another and it’s so unreliable and unsafe. With having a 5-year-old daughter that experienced the wreck with me, she's terrified to ride in the car with me but considering it's the only transportation that I have, I have no other choice but to deal with it. Now, there's oil leaks and possible transmission fluid leak on top of the transmission going bad due to the symptoms.

Due to the past of this car, the transmission was replaced back in 2014 so if it's not the transmission fluid leaking, how could the transmission already giving out. I'm stressed upon measures. I've never had this many car issues or driven a car period that is in this kind of condition. Every model Chevy Malibu should be completely taken off the market until the issues are fixed. I even researched the past issues on this car, and there's thousands of dollars of work.

This car is the worst!!! Got this car back in 2013. Thought I was getting a decent reliable vehicle, but it turned out to be a complete nightmare!!! At 80,000 miles my transmission broke down... got it repaired for $1,275.35 last year. Now it's 2016 and it down again at 104457 miles. How can this be?! I have read some reviews on here about other people's Chevy having the same issues and some of these cars/trucks are new vehicles! I had a 1999 Ford expedition that I bought used with 74,000 miles on it and end up putting 264500 miles on it, never had a transmission problem with it. I will not go Chevy again!!! Oh forgot to mention, my front speakers just stop working about 4 days ago. SMH!!! =(

There was a recall on my 2006 Chevy Malibu, I'm the 2nd owner... I bought the car in 2015. I've had it for about 8-9 months now! My car started to make loud noise and my steering wheel locks while driving. I've spent $100s of dollars for car repairs and a few Google searches... I saw it was a recall which was fixed but I'm having a problem that was already suppose to be fixed!!! Please help. I can't afford to fix Cannon Motor Oxford, MS mistakes???

Had a headlight replaced and already burnt out 1 month later. Also had the transmission replaced after car wouldn't reverse and wouldn't go pass 20mph. Car still jerks when ac is turned on. Lemon of a car. Only has 50,000 miles on it. Last year stalled on a busy street. Luckily some man stopped to help. Had to get car towed. Will never buy Chevy again. Keep reading all the same issues on the Malibu. Waiting for the 2011 recall so I can get the money back for the transmission.

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Steering - My son went to pull out from a stop sign and the steering wheel wouldn't turn and he almost ran into the bushes straight ahead. Cars were coming and had to stop. Been having issues with for a while now with the steering wheel acting up. Sometimes when you put it in drive while the wheel is turned it jerks back. I've had recalls already done to the car but it's certainly not fixed. Called and was told a part for the steering had been replaced last year but being it's been over a year there is no warranty to fix again.

How can you take a vehicle for a recall and if still having problems not be corrected because it's been over a year??? Recalls should not have limits. I've read numerous times where people have the same issues on recalls over and over again. Regardless if a part was replaced this car clearly has more than one issue with steering and needs more than one part. It needs to be fixed!!! So now I can't allow my son to drive the car at all which leaves me without a reliable vehicle with too many steering problems.

I bought a 2010 Chevy Malibu in 2012 from Bommorito Chevy South. This was a certified vehicle which has only been a certified mess. I have spent $3500 replacing the transmission at 101,000 miles. Apparently something broke of course when my warranty expired. I am at 124,000 miles.

I just recently purchased a used 2015 Chevy Malibu. Took it to get an oil change and they said I need a transmission service. Already? I have a 2003 Volkswagen Passat for 5 years and I NEVER had to get a transmission service. What is going on? Are they going to recall these?

I was on the highway with my children on Saturday 9/10/16, when my 2009 Malibu went from 70 to 20 in seconds, complete loss of power, and my steering became difficult I was almost hit by a semi that swerved into another lane to avoid hitting me as I tried to get to side of the interstate. I was so shaken and upset my car had no power when pushing down on gas pedal. It started shaking violently, I turned it off and gained composure. Got out, check all my fluids which were good. Nothing overheating. Fan, everything had kicked on as it should, my lights at the time of incident started chiming and a service ESC came on .

I turned vehicle back on and lights were then off, and I was able to make it to the next exit with continued loss of power by continuing down the side of highway. I got off and pulled in to a S&S where he came out. An 11 Codes had popped up. He advised this car had recalls, and some complaints about issues I just experienced, and advised me to park it and get it to a dealership. Imagine if we had been hit and killed. Would my family had even know that this car malfunctioned at 70 and caused it? UPSET MOM.

Chevy Malibu Company Profile