3.32/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford Taurus

The Ford Taurus is a full-size car that has been around since 1986. In 2018, Ford announced plans to discontinue it. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford Taurus Reviews

Original review: July 26, 2019

Because of the age of my Taurus I have to look for a different car. It has been my favorite car. 19 years and it still looks great. Unfortunately the undercarriage is rusting out according to my mechanic. Thinking about another Taurus or Escape. Being a senior citizen not sure which way to go. No matter what I choose I know it will be a great Ford. Thanks for all the great work and service you do. Both my sons also have Ford vehicles. Thanks again. Keep up the good work!

Original review: June 2, 2019

I purchased a 2013 Ford Taurus. Absolutely loved the car and did a lot to get it. I took one trip down to Georgia and now I'm having the darndest time getting it home due to the fuel pump going out. We made it to our destination and it died. I had my kids and husband in the car, we all could've died right in the middle of the highway during Atlanta's traffic. Shame on Ford and their entire team for failing to make sure at least the fuel pump properly work or at least have it under the recall. First we replaced the module. Worked for a bit. Then discovered the whole pump went out. It ran for about 3 days and quit again before we could even get it home. I have spent so much money on a 2013 I should not have to spend. Under 100,000 miles clean under the hood.

I checked the Ford recall website and lucky me the 2013 Ford Taurus is under recall but not my vin number so nothing can be done. Such as shame that I paid so much money for something that's not my fault. My family talked so much about Fords and I took a chance and now my car is doing the very thing my family mentioned. My Kia Sorento is more reliable. Just note I hope Ford knows I will not buy another Ford and my children will not get a Ford when they are teens, I don't trust that my kids won't get stuck on the side of the road. To top it all off by husband works for Ford and is highly upset that his wife couldn't be safe on the road. I've spent more money in a 6 year old car than I have on a 2003. Such as shame. I hope this makes it to Ford and they know I don't recommend their cars.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Every time I turn on the car, it makes an intermittent electrical humming/buzzing sound. The car makes the sound whether it's sitting in idle or when I'm driving. It is coming from the rear of the car and sometimes sounds like a static in/out buzzing/humming sound. I've had a couple of mechanics listen to it and they said it's coming from underneath. One mechanic told me it's something with the electrical power steering and nothing can be done. You hear the sound more in the middle of the back seat on the floor. It is aggravating. This is a brand new car and I know this is not normal. I am taking it to Ford today because I know this has to be a factory defect. A car should not be humming/buzzing and sounding like a static noise. That is not normal. It's a brand new car!

Original review: June 17, 2018

The 2002 Ford Taurus was the perfect small family vehicle. And first thing that caught my attention was the look and size of the car. I was the second owner of this vehicle and it was a wonderful choice. It was completely reliable and never once gave me a single issue. It was very well on gas and oil. But if the car would have had more mileage on it that would of been better. I absolutely loved that vehicle and would definitely buy the same car again and I do recommend people to buy the Ford Taurus.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was not a fan of the 1995 Ford Taurus. The automatic windows frequently ended up jamming, my AC went out after 20 minutes of use and I ended up having to get several repairs. But I enjoyed the interior of the vehicle, the finish was nice and there was a ton of leg room in the back seat. However, I would make the interior color different -- perhaps a dark grey or even black. The large trunk was also a perk. The tires seemed to be in really outstanding shape, as well. But they should use different parts that are more durable and aesthetically pleasing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Taurus?

Original review: June 13, 2018

It was a used car and I needed it at the time. Saw it on the side of the road for sale, checked it out, tested drove it and bought it. I liked how it drove and how good the engine sounded. It had low gas mileage and sounded the motor looked clean without any leaks. It had nice tires on it, the price was right and it only had one owner. I liked the color but the paint is chipping off so I would have it painted. And then clean the inside a bit more, have the car waxed and detailed and maybe put better tires on it. But the Ford Taurus works for me.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Most repairs have to be done at a Ford shop which is over the top expensive. Not too many problems with the car overall. Just regular maintenance. Drives okay. The body had a little rust, which I'm not pleased with. We chose Ford Taurus because it seemed to be in decent shape body wise. It was a first car for a new driver. It was priced decent and taken care of by the previous owner. But I do not like the gear shifting lever on the steering wheel. You would think they would have modernized it after the year 2000 but I guess not. Just have to accept it bu I would like it to be between the seats like other models.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Surprisingly very good. I really like that it's all-wheel drive. Especially since my last vehicle was an SUV and I travel over 3 mountain passes for work. It's a little heavy so it does well going over our mountain passes. It's roomy inside and the trunk is huge. But, it gets nearly 25 mpg. I had an SUV before so this does not feel like a tin can. I like the satellite radio too and that my phone is programmed into the car. But I would like a built in GPS. Especially with our new no distraction laws. It must be built in to be used. I would also like an electronic plug in for the rear passengers. Dual climate control and accessible vents for the rear passengers as well.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I wish it were a brand new car but the Ford Taurus has been a very reliable car for me and my family, aside from a few small maintenance issues like there were some old loose wires underneath that would not allow us to start the car. But ever since has been a great car. It has been here for me to get back and forth to work. The vehicle is great on gas and is very spacious for my very big family. However, it would be nice if it were more like an SUV. It would fit better for my family's outdoor adventures. It has a nice spacious trunk. But it doesn't fit all of our needs. Also, I don't like how low to the ground it sits. And I don't like how it rattles when I hit bumps.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I purchased six years ago and I have loved this Ford Taurus X from day one. It rides nice, is roomy and easy to maneuver around. Has the ability to handle seven people, it's easy to get in and out of. It's also quite stylish. Everyone in my family loves it and even the dog loves to ride in it. Can hold a lot of equipment as well. It has a large cargo area and great for lugging things around. It has a great heating and cooling system, the stereo system works great and the dashboard is easy to read. But I wish it had better gas mileage, perhaps a couple of blind spots taken care of and more color choices. No mp3 player, more cup holders, get rid of cigarette lighter, underfoot ambiance lighting and more lighting in 3 seat area, it's a little dark back there. Wish it was still in production.

Ford Taurus Company Information