2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

The Ford Taurus is a full-size car that has been around since 1986. In 2018, Ford announced plans to discontinue it. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Ford Taurus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Taurus?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Taurus?

Original review: June 18, 2018

I purchased six years ago and I have loved this Ford Taurus X from day one. It rides nice, is roomy and easy to maneuver around. Has the ability to handle seven people, it's easy to get in and out of. It's also quite stylish. Everyone in my family loves it and even the dog loves to ride in it. Can hold a lot of equipment as well. It has a large cargo area and great for lugging things around. It has a great heating and cooling system, the stereo system works great and the dashboard is easy to read. But I wish it had better gas mileage, perhaps a couple of blind spots taken care of and more color choices. No mp3 player, more cup holders, get rid of cigarette lighter, underfoot ambiance lighting and more lighting in 3 seat area, it's a little dark back there. Wish it was still in production.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The 2002 Ford Taurus was the perfect small family vehicle. And first thing that caught my attention was the look and size of the car. I was the second owner of this vehicle and it was a wonderful choice. It was completely reliable and never once gave me a single issue. It was very well on gas and oil. But if the car would have had more mileage on it that would of been better. I absolutely loved that vehicle and would definitely buy the same car again and I do recommend people to buy the Ford Taurus.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I wish it were a brand new car but the Ford Taurus has been a very reliable car for me and my family, aside from a few small maintenance issues like there were some old loose wires underneath that would not allow us to start the car. But ever since has been a great car. It has been here for me to get back and forth to work. The vehicle is great on gas and is very spacious for my very big family. However, it would be nice if it were more like an SUV. It would fit better for my family's outdoor adventures. It has a nice spacious trunk. But it doesn't fit all of our needs. Also, I don't like how low to the ground it sits. And I don't like how it rattles when I hit bumps.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I like how comfortable the seats are and when it ran right... I absolutely love how it drove. I also like how wide the seating is. It is really comfortable. It’s a nice car, but it went to hell quick. In one week my serpentine belt snapped 3 times... My air conditioner pulley broke. And now my idle doesn't work and my heat and air conditioning doesn't either. Also, I wish it would have came with factory Bluetooth in the stereo. It would have been nice to be able to listen to music I liked instead of the radio or CDs (who even uses CDs anymore?).

Original review: June 14, 2018

Most repairs have to be done at a Ford shop which is over the top expensive. Not too many problems with the car overall. Just regular maintenance. Drives okay. The body had a little rust, which I'm not pleased with. We chose Ford Taurus because it seemed to be in decent shape body wise. It was a first car for a new driver. It was priced decent and taken care of by the previous owner. But I do not like the gear shifting lever on the steering wheel. You would think they would have modernized it after the year 2000 but I guess not. Just have to accept it bu I would like it to be between the seats like other models.

Original review: June 13, 2018

It was a used car and I needed it at the time. Saw it on the side of the road for sale, checked it out, tested drove it and bought it. I liked how it drove and how good the engine sounded. It had low gas mileage and sounded the motor looked clean without any leaks. It had nice tires on it, the price was right and it only had one owner. I liked the color but the paint is chipping off so I would have it painted. And then clean the inside a bit more, have the car waxed and detailed and maybe put better tires on it. But the Ford Taurus works for me.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was not a fan of the 1995 Ford Taurus. The automatic windows frequently ended up jamming, my AC went out after 20 minutes of use and I ended up having to get several repairs. But I enjoyed the interior of the vehicle, the finish was nice and there was a ton of leg room in the back seat. However, I would make the interior color different -- perhaps a dark grey or even black. The large trunk was also a perk. The tires seemed to be in really outstanding shape, as well. But they should use different parts that are more durable and aesthetically pleasing.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Not my first choice but Ford Taurus was all I could afford at that time. Older car and not many features. It is a 2007 model and 11 years old. Some dents when I bought and it needs a good interior cleaning. Needs some body work too, new and better tires, and a tune-up. But runs decent and no major issues. Has sunroof and it gets me where I need to go with low maintenance needs. Better than not having a car.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Surprisingly very good. I really like that it's all-wheel drive. Especially since my last vehicle was an SUV and I travel over 3 mountain passes for work. It's a little heavy so it does well going over our mountain passes. It's roomy inside and the trunk is huge. But, it gets nearly 25 mpg. I had an SUV before so this does not feel like a tin can. I like the satellite radio too and that my phone is programmed into the car. But I would like a built in GPS. Especially with our new no distraction laws. It must be built in to be used. I would also like an electronic plug in for the rear passengers. Dual climate control and accessible vents for the rear passengers as well.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Ford Taurus was my second car I owned that I picked up in 2000. I held on to that car and traded in for a Ford Edge in 2008. The car served me well in having more room than my prior car. I added a aftermarket navigation system.

Ford Taurus Company Information