2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.93/5

The Ford Mustang is an iconic American sports car that first debuted in 1964. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Ford Mustang Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Mustang?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Mustang?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

This Mustang is my second childhood. When I am driving it I feel like was as boy riding my bicycle all over my small town where I grew up. I loved riding my bike, the sense of speed and freedom and the world was anywhere I could peddle. I would put cards in the spokes to make a motor sound, the faster I could peddle the louder the sound, people turned their heads to see what was coming. Now my Mustang GT turns heads when I drive and now my boundaries have moved past my little town.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I ordered a 2019 Ford Mustang convertible in November 2018. I was told it should take 6-8 weeks. So I was hoping to receive my new car mid January. Then it was end of February to be delivered, then mid March. It is now Mid March and I still have no information as to when the car will be delivered. It's in production and that is all I know. It doesn't make sense that in 4 months no one, the dealer or customer service has any idea as to when I will receive my car.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Have 2015 50th Anniversary Special Edition Mustang. At less than 21000 miles and 3 months out of 3 yr 36,000 mile warranty the A/C evaporator coil failed. My unit is not the only unit from 2015-2017 that has had this experience in short periods of time or miles. Some according to internet postings experienced multiple failures while in warranty. Ford does not recognize the problem.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I purchased a 2016 Ford Mustang in June of 2016. Around June of 2018 my AC seemed to not be cooling as well. Eventually warm air was coming out of the drivers vent, cool air out of the middle vent, and somewhat cold air (eventually) out of the passenger side vent. I called the dealership and they said I needed to bring it in for a diagnostic, it would cost $140 for that alone since my car was barely past the 36,000 miles for my warranty. I told them that the AC should not be going out on a 2 year old car. They suggested I start a case with Ford corporate, which I did. Corp said that I needed to go in for a diagnostic to continue with case. I did this and my service adv was kind enough to not make me pay the diagnostic fee. The estimate was $2400!!

I submitted paperwork to Ford and they said it would take 48 hours and it ended up taking much longer, after many calls to dealership I finally found out Ford would pay $1600 and I had to pay $773. This was a huge hardship on me. But it was July in Charleston SC so I desperately need my AC! I took car in and they gave me a loaner at no charge, which was appreciated. They had my car over a week and I got it back and drove down road and heard some clicking noise coming out of the passenger vent and I could hear the engine, as well. Also my engine light was still on and my radio screen was blacking out as if it lost all contact.

I called Ford and they told me to bring it back, of course. They once again had my car a week and finally they call and tell me that they had not put a gasket in & had to take dash off AGAIN and do that. Also my car had a new issue that requires $300 repair!! I said NO and I will be there to pick up my car TODAY. I need to know WHO else I can complain to and who can help me? I will NEVER purchase another FORD and when I close on my new home, the very NEXT day I will be trading this one in, if anyone will even take it!?! It is really a shame too because I love my car and driving it. The reason I bought a new car and pay $473 a month is so I would not have to worry about costly repairs or breaking down by myself at night. Bottom line is that you can NOT DEPEND ON A FORD! You need to make this right FORD!

Original review: June 28, 2018

I like that my Mustang has all the perks of a new car. The sound system is one of my favorite features and the different color dash lights. It's just an all around fun car to drive any time of the year. Mustangs have been around for 50 years. So why change things so drastically that there's a recall. Still, overall a good experience. My Mustang is perfect for vacation trips especially in the summer since it's a convertible. It was a little more expensive than I wanted, but Reliable and comfortable when taking long trips.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I bought 1989 Ford Mustang LX as a project car to help out a friend. It is good on gas and it's kind of a smaller car and it should be easy to drive. But I wouldn't have put the bucket seats in the back. I would have just put a regular bench seat and painted it a different color other than white. It's the only Mustang I've had and currently it isn't running. But I'm sure once I get the master brake cylinder, brake lines and the sheet metal underneath the seats it will be an awesome little car.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The 2017 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 is a sporty car that is fun to drive and I have a great experience thus far. It looks good, sounds nice and I love the classic bright blue color. I also like that it's a 5.0. However, maybe they could improve a backseat that's more suitable for children's booster and car seats to fit in.

Original review: June 18, 2018

It's my favorite car! Drives well and I enjoy it. I like the shape and the size. The car is easy to handwash. People like the way the Mustang looks and I enjoy the attention. It is a pretty car! I like that my car is a V-6 and gets pretty good gas mileage. The back seat is big enough to hold both my dogs. Also my seats are fabric and not leather. I have a Sirius Radio and I like the little horse on the front grill. It has an automatic transmission.

I owned a Mustang in the past. I like the way they hug the road and they are easy to handle. They are sturdy cars. I like having a trunk. I had cars with hatch backs in the past. This is the first sports car I have had with a trunk. But I do not like that the clear coat is coming off the hood and how the Ford emblem has come off the wheels. I also do not like when my car gets dirty. Otherwise I intend to buy another Mustang in the future.

Original review: June 17, 2018

We were living in PGH, PA but we did not buy the Ford Mustang until we moved here to Burlingame California. Also we have four kids. While they were growing up we had a family car, for our vacations and work. We waited a long time to buy this type of car. We read the facts online and had a test drive. My husband went alone. I told him I will like it no matter the color. My husband came back to get me to go to the Ford dealership to sign some papers. He was so proud that he could finally have the car he really wanted! It hugs the curve like a magnet. Gas mileage is very good, Has a great get up and go. Controls well. The right color, it seats comfortably. We bought it new, and we are very happy. I like all the safety gadgets and we love it!

Original review: June 16, 2018

It was love at first sight, despite being rear wheel drive. I was a little hesitant about purchasing a performance car until I researched the crash test and safety reviews. It is a great car. It is very reliable and fun to drive. It is comfortable for long drives. Little kids will yell from the sidewalk saying that they like my car. However, it would be nice if the passenger seat could be raised slightly. Auto on headlights would be nice and I wish that the seatbelts were more adjustable. They sometimes ride high across passengers.

Ford Mustang Company Information