Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
1.99/5
Based on 87 reviews that contain star ratings

Ford Mustang

The Ford Mustang is an iconic American sports car that first debuted in 1964. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

106 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I purchased a 2016 Ford Mustang in June of 2016. Around June of 2018 my AC seemed to not be cooling as well. Eventually warm air was coming out of the drivers vent, cool air out of the middle vent, and somewhat cold air (eventually) out of the passenger side vent. I called the dealership and they said I needed to bring it in for a diagnostic, it would cost $140 for that alone since my car was barely past the 36,000 miles for my warranty. I told them that the AC should not be going out on a 2 year old car. They suggested I start a case with Ford corporate, which I did. Corp said that I needed to go in for a diagnostic to continue with case. I did this and my service adv was kind enough to not make me pay the diagnostic fee. The estimate was $2400!!

I submitted paperwork to Ford and they said it would take 48 hours and it ended up taking much longer, after many calls to dealership I finally found out Ford would pay $1600 and I had to pay $773. This was a huge hardship on me. But it was July in Charleston SC so I desperately need my AC! I took car in and they gave me a loaner at no charge, which was appreciated. They had my car over a week and I got it back and drove down road and heard some clicking noise coming out of the passenger vent and I could hear the engine, as well. Also my engine light was still on and my radio screen was blacking out as if it lost all contact.

I called Ford and they told me to bring it back, of course. They once again had my car a week and finally they call and tell me that they had not put a gasket in & had to take dash off AGAIN and do that. Also my car had a new issue that requires $300 repair!! I said NO and I will be there to pick up my car TODAY. I need to know WHO else I can complain to and who can help me? I will NEVER purchase another FORD and when I close on my new home, the very NEXT day I will be trading this one in, if anyone will even take it!?! It is really a shame too because I love my car and driving it. The reason I bought a new car and pay $473 a month is so I would not have to worry about costly repairs or breaking down by myself at night. Bottom line is that you can NOT DEPEND ON A FORD! You need to make this right FORD!

Original review: June 28, 2018

I like that my Mustang has all the perks of a new car. The sound system is one of my favorite features and the different color dash lights. It's just an all around fun car to drive any time of the year. Mustangs have been around for 50 years. So why change things so drastically that there's a recall. Still, overall a good experience. My Mustang is perfect for vacation trips especially in the summer since it's a convertible. It was a little more expensive than I wanted, but Reliable and comfortable when taking long trips.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I bought 1989 Ford Mustang LX as a project car to help out a friend. It is good on gas and it's kind of a smaller car and it should be easy to drive. But I wouldn't have put the bucket seats in the back. I would have just put a regular bench seat and painted it a different color other than white. It's the only Mustang I've had and currently it isn't running. But I'm sure once I get the master brake cylinder, brake lines and the sheet metal underneath the seats it will be an awesome little car.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The 2017 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 is a sporty car that is fun to drive and I have a great experience thus far. It looks good, sounds nice and I love the classic bright blue color. I also like that it's a 5.0. However, maybe they could improve a backseat that's more suitable for children's booster and car seats to fit in.

Original review: June 18, 2018

It's my favorite car! Drives well and I enjoy it. I like the shape and the size. The car is easy to handwash. People like the way the Mustang looks and I enjoy the attention. It is a pretty car! I like that my car is a V-6 and gets pretty good gas mileage. The back seat is big enough to hold both my dogs. Also my seats are fabric and not leather. I have a Sirius Radio and I like the little horse on the front grill. It has an automatic transmission.

I owned a Mustang in the past. I like the way they hug the road and they are easy to handle. They are sturdy cars. I like having a trunk. I had cars with hatch backs in the past. This is the first sports car I have had with a trunk. But I do not like that the clear coat is coming off the hood and how the Ford emblem has come off the wheels. I also do not like when my car gets dirty. Otherwise I intend to buy another Mustang in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Mustang?

Original review: June 17, 2018

We were living in PGH, PA but we did not buy the Ford Mustang until we moved here to Burlingame California. Also we have four kids. While they were growing up we had a family car, for our vacations and work. We waited a long time to buy this type of car. We read the facts online and had a test drive. My husband went alone. I told him I will like it no matter the color. My husband came back to get me to go to the Ford dealership to sign some papers. He was so proud that he could finally have the car he really wanted! It hugs the curve like a magnet. Gas mileage is very good, Has a great get up and go. Controls well. The right color, it seats comfortably. We bought it new, and we are very happy. I like all the safety gadgets and we love it!

Original review: June 16, 2018

It was love at first sight, despite being rear wheel drive. I was a little hesitant about purchasing a performance car until I researched the crash test and safety reviews. It is a great car. It is very reliable and fun to drive. It is comfortable for long drives. Little kids will yell from the sidewalk saying that they like my car. However, it would be nice if the passenger seat could be raised slightly. Auto on headlights would be nice and I wish that the seatbelts were more adjustable. They sometimes ride high across passengers.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have always loved the Mustang. It belonged to my father and was his favorite. He enjoyed driving it and all the times he drove it to and from work, about an hour each way. The car is fast, drives very nicely. I was able to purchase his car when he passed away. I also enjoy driving it every day to work and it makes me feel like he is still with us. But it does drink a bit of gas and if it were more fuel efficient that would probably be a good idea.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Amazing. It is fast enough, sporty and good looking, and it has a nice color, which is black and I like black on cars. It's just a good car and I like it a lot. It is smooth as well. I like sports cars because that's my style. But I would like that the car doesn't look suspicious because police always pull over sports cars for no reason sometimes. Like even if you go 1 mph over the speed limit. Other than that, sports cars are better than any other car in my opinion. Some people may disagree but they are wild.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My 1994 Mustang was of sentimental value because it came from my grandparents as a gift as they had previously owned it. However, I had nothing but problems with this vehicle towards the end of owning it. I just didn't like the color and all the mechanical problems I had with it after I got into an accident. But, it really wasn't too bad of a car. It was my first car so I was just learning everything. I wish I would have taken better care of it.

Original review: June 12, 2018

The 2002 Mustang is a very nice little car and runs like a top. It is bright red, very stylish, fast and looks great. I like the style on this automobile and that it's a Mustang. Good old fashioned American style, and American muscle. It is well maintained by the previous owner. It had a great service record and had great owners. However, it's a fuel guzzler. Maybe if they had a fourth gear it would do better on the gas. The fuel consumption sucks but all in all it's a great car.

Original review: June 11, 2018

The reason for the review is because my V8 engine on my 2016 Mustang needs to be changed at 12000 miles. The Coyote engine consumed 5L of oil in 6000 miles. I could not be more disappointed with the vehicle.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I like the style. It looks small and sporty... All the mechanical works good. It takes me from place a to place b. It runs fast on the freeway. It fits 4 people but...short ones only. It was not that expensive. I like the inside is in great shape and like the color of the inside too. It has a good system. The windows are pretty nice and big. It also has a stereo. I like the steering...and the braking. But it would be nice to have more space on the back. The sensor of the wheel don't let the car run with different type of tire you would like to use. And it needs space to fit a baby. Should put more stronger kit body. Change the type of rims it has.

Original review: May 14, 2018

My father bought his first FORD in 1954. He then had all Ford and Mercury cars for the rest of his life until he died in 1997. He followed that 1954 Ford with a 1959 Ford which became my first car when I became old enough to drive. All my life, I have had all Ford and Mercury cars. Presently, my family has a 2006 Mustang convertible and a 2014 Escape. On 04-10-2018, I put my Mustang in for state inspection at a local Ford dealership. Unfortunately, it failed due to some rusting of support members which are only found on the convertible cars.

The dealership had to order the parts from the factory but required me to pay for both parts and labor first. I cooperated. I have been waiting now for 5 weeks and the parts are still not here. The old inspection sticker has since expired and I cannot legally drive this car. I have requested a loaner car but both the dealership and Ford have denied this request. I have given blind faith loyalty to Ford and its dealerships. Unfortunately, FORD motor company is no longer the company that used to stand by both its products and customers. My next car will be manufactured elsewhere.

Original review: May 2, 2018

The Ford Mustang is the most satisfactory vehicle I have ever driven. A bit difficult to enter or exit for an almost 80 year old, but a real hoot to drive; I've had the car for almost two years.

Original review: April 29, 2018

This is my third Mustang and I cannot say how I love them. This is my first black one and I keep it so nice but this one the clear coat is coming off in the back. I am so so disappointed.

Original review: April 18, 2018

My Mustang is extremely comfortable with great ease of driving. It has high comfort level with placement of all controls and buttons, great gas mileage and display of needed info.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Bought a 2017 Mustang GT and paid 45 thousand cash and after a year and 19000 miles having problems one after another. Three engine light p0308 misfires no. 8 cylinder. First they replaced spark plug then ignition coil then intake manifold. Then car starts to vibrate more upon acceleration. They tell me my tires need to be replaced yet they replace my air condition compressor and vibration goes away with traction control turned off. Tires didn’t need to be replaced. When brought to be serviced mileage in was the same as mileage when I picked up the car so they obviously didn’t test drive to see what the problem was and wrote it up as saying I told them not to repair the issue because I refused to have them replace my good front tires for which they said was the cause of the vibration.

Funny how the tires don’t vibrate when I turn off the traction control. The Ford dealer of Redlands ca. Still hasn’t fixed the problem because they insist it’s the tires. I have missed 4 days of work because I thought I was going to be more reliable to get to work by purchasing a brand new Ford Mustang and apparently I made a big mistake believing Ford could make a reliable product. Researching the internet shows that Ford doesn’t care at all about the customers that buy their crappy cars as well as how crooked the maker and the dealerships that sell Ford products. I will never buy another Ford product and I will warn others who think about buy Ford. I use to be a dedicated Ford owner and enthusiast but not anymore. To the public I WARN EVERYONE. DON'T BUY FORD PRODUCTS. If you do I promise you will end up regretting it!???

Original review: March 30, 2018

I’ve just bought Mustang Ecoboost 2018 with special order. It has only 400 miles on it and there is annoying noise from front driver side. It sounds like a air flow/ leakage but since I am not a mechanic I cannot say that it is not something more serious. I took the car to FORD FAIRWAY GREENVILLE, SC since it is under warranty at the moment to fix it. Car stayed there all day. Feedback was this noise is characteristic for these cars!!! It is brand new car!!! I have driven different Mustang before buying this car at another dealer and that car had no noise like that at all! They tried to create some excuses that they contacted Ford engineer...bla...bla...bla. They even did not tape or try to make more diagnosis on the car at all.

Oh, also between sentences the service representative was always insisting me to take my car to the dealer where I purchased my car! Hey, I bought it from FORD and it is under WARRANTY. You have to act like a responsible dealer and solve my issue even though I did not buy this car from your dealer! After that I reach out to Ford Service Facebook account and explain my problem to them as well. They escalated it to service manager again in the same dealer and representative called me back. The answer was straight again that they cannot fix my problem and they again insisted me to take my car to the dealer where I bought the car. That dealer is more than 1 hour away. To be honest I am really regretful for not buying Camaro. I was between Camaro and Mustang but made the wrong choice.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Purchased my 2018 Mustang GT in December and the LCD Panel went out first week in February. Was told part was on backorder and that it would not be available until April. Was given Ford Edge loaner and was really unhappy about that given I purchased a slick Mustang GT for a reason. I have escalated this issue to Ford Exec Offices and they are yet to respond. Just want all to be aware of this issue!

Original review: March 20, 2018

I have been looking for a locking gas cap or locking gas cover door for my 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost, including the local Ford dealership and aftermarkets. I have not been able to find any caps or doors. It has been almost three years since this car was made. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We purchased our new Mustang from Hastings Ford in Greenville, NC in Nov 2017 for my Wifes Birthday. This was our fourth Mustang and we really loved the Mustang until this purchase. On Dec 13th 2017 my Wife was driving in a 20 MPH zone and made a right turn at almost a stop and the accelerator suddenly sped up on its own which caused her to go up on the curb and hit a building. The car stopped and she put it in reverse and it did it again. She finally turned the car off. We had it towed to the body shop, we checked the car mat and it did not cause the problem. The body shop took it to a local Ford dealer and they checked the computer and stated that there were no codes listed. We researched and it states that if the throttle body fails that there would be no code sent.

We contacted the dealer Hastings Ford and their comment was that no recalls were on the vehicle and that was their response. We called Ford and their response was that they hope it would not happen again. We had the car damage fixed. Over $10,000.00 for the repairs for a car that had 497 miles on it. Now we have a new car that may kill us one day but as Ford stated they hope it doesn't happen again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

2016 Mustang GT Premium currently has 40,000 miles. 1st Issue - At around 15,000 miles the stereo head unit started glitching and skipping music while connected to my son's iPhone or my iPhone either by Bluetooth or cable. My son brought it into the Santa Cruz, CA Ford dealer 4 times where they updated the software a few times and changed the entire head unit, still with no resolution.

2nd Issue - The car has a parasitic draw on the battery where my son has been stranded a few times and had to call AAA to get a jump start. He brought it in for repair at Santa Cruz, CA Ford dealer prior to the 30K warranty ending and apparently they couldn't find it. Now that we have 40,000 miles, they surprisingly found the draw. Turns out the seat heating/cooling module burned up and fused the connectors together. Ford quoted $800 to fix even though we brought it in prior to the warranty ending.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

2015 Ford Mustang V6 - A/C evap coil is broken, AGAIN! 1st one replaced at 19k, under warranty. Second one replaced at 40k, not under warranty. (The part # is 19850.*, where * is the version. My first replacement was version W, My second replacement is version Y. They started on version A.). Thanks a lot Ford.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

The evaporator cores of Ford Mustangs are defective. The company knows about it, but is definitely not warning consumers. While my Mustang Ecoboost is a 2016, it appears that this defect is hitting 2015-2017 models. My evaporator core started leaking shortly after my warranty expired - around the 37,000/2.5 year mark. I am now on the hook for $1.7K. Replacing the evaporator core requires tearing into the dash and putting it back together... a full day's work for 2 technicians. I was told by my dealership that they have seen many Ford cars and trucks with this problem. They knew right away what was going on... and of course never mentioned it to me during my routine service appointments. But, I digress.

Upon recommendation from my dealership, I contacted Ford's Customer Relations program and spoke to someone who was clearly not located in the United States. They opened a case to review my request for some kind of consideration for compensation since the evaporator is a defective part prevalent in the fleet and since the part most likely started leaking while still under warranty. I received a response that indicated that they closed my account without further consideration because my dealership didn't respond to their request for information. My dealership suggests they never received a request for information and confirmed that the regional Ford Customer Service rep had never been involved in my case review.

So, in summary: 1) the evaporator cores in (at least) the 2015-2017 Ford Mustangs is defective. They will start leaking slightly before 36,000 miles or slightly after that point in most cases. Recommendation-get yours checked out prior to the expiration of your warranty. 2) the Ford Customer Care case system is a do-loop. If you get a negative response to your request, call them and have them tell you why your request was denied. In my case, I have documented that Ford Motor Company customer care communication system is inadequate to transfer necessary decision-making information between Ford and dealership (best case) and/or Ford or my dealership are just lying. Make sure to document everything related to your a/c operation. Additional concern: My evaporator core is going to be replaced with another evaporator core... which is also probably not going to last very long.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I was extremely excited when I purchased my 2015 model Mustang as a birthday present to myself on June 19th, 2015 because this was my first "NEW" vehicle purchase. Here I am on a HOT SUMMER LOUISIANA DAY WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING! I was told that the car basic warranty expired, so there's nothing that they can do about it, and I'm extremely dissatisfied! I should not have to pay to get a 2015 model vehicle air conditioning repaired! This is absolutely too early for drastic maintenance as such!

I've purchased used vehicles having almost 100K miles, over six years old and NEVER had to replaced the air conditioning! To make matters worse the service manager told me that the defect has affected more consumers, but because my air conditioning didn't break before 30K miles, I have to pay for Ford's defective part and can rent a loaner vehicle for $30.00 a day. Are you kidding me?!? This is my only source of transportation, I'm a single mother, still making $497.00 payments on a two year old model vehicle without air conditioning! It seems as if they need to do a better job protecting consumers. I was sold a lemon; this by far was a ripoff!

Original review: July 25, 2017

I love this car. I bought it last year and currently has 22k miles. It has that many miles on it because my daughter and I took a four thousand mile cross country trip on Route 66 to California. It did amazing on the drive through the deserts of New Mexico, Arizona and the Mojave in California and the mountains in Utah and Colorado. We were even in the mountains in Yosemite. Never had a single problem and still love my car.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Ok here is my beef for the Ford Mustangs. Back in 2015 I had a Fiesta. I took it in for a oil change. Before I left a salesman had pressured me into buying a 2016 V6 Mustang. Beautiful car to say the least but a piece of ** mechanically. Here is my story. Not too long after buying the car it left me stranded on the side of the road at night all alone and scared to death. I had to have it towed into the Ford dealership. They said it was the electronic throttle body, fixed it, but I notice the AC kept surging in and out and every time it was on it would pull down the performance of the car really bad. Finally they had to replace the fan motor. Then the thing would vibrate the whole dash board and sound horrible, so just this week the car once again stranded me but this time it cut off with me in incoming traffic and almost got me in a bad wreck.

They once again fixed it and it seemed to be doing fine, but like so many others on this board, I do not feel it's fair to pay so much money for a car to have it fail on you so much. This car is a piece of crap car. Beautiful as it may look it's not a good car. I can only imagine having my grandbaby in the back seat and this thing stalls out on me and a car or truck hits me on the passenger side and harms my baby or myself. It's terrifying to think of, so I traded the piece of ** and we will see how this new one does. Still love Mustangs and always will, but some of them suck.

Original review: July 7, 2017

Got a 2017 Mustang GT - 4months ago. 3 weeks ago and 520 miles the car won't start. (Thank goodness for the place in the cup holder where you place the key and start that way.) Now our 4th trip to shop. The key fob still doesn't work, no backup camera, no radio. Told the battery amps. were low. Told problem was fixed. Drove home 13 miles same problem - going back to the shop on Monday-- Never again.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I am the unhappy owner of a 2010 Ford Mustang. Five weeks ago my car started cutting out/dying with no indicators or service lights sometimes while stopped and other while driving. It has currently been sitting at Plantation Ford for the last ten days. Prior to that it was in/out 4 times for the same issue. They have replaced parts. Released the car to me only to have the same issue the same day or a few days later. They have replaced the O2 Sensor, then another trip was the ERP value, which turned out to be defective. It was replaced all of this at my expense. Along with no vehicle and having to Uber to/from work. Finally, after it was determined the part was defective. It was replaced then they realize it was the PCM that was bad all along Then they agreed to put me in a rental. A few days into the rental, I was sent a text message to return the rental and pick up my car. Because the part was on backorder and wouldn't be available until August.

I called Garry, my Service Rep. and asked if they could guarantee the car wouldn't do the same thing. Answer, "NO." I asked to speak to the Service Mgr. Mark. Asked him if he could put his wife or child back on the road in this car. Never got an answer, but got a text me to stay in rental. He would see what he could do about getting the part expedited. Bring us to yesterday when I got a call to return the rental once again because their bottom line couldn't cover the rental and Corporate wouldn't assist because the age of the car. WHAT! If it is covered under Manufacturers Warranty and the car isn't safe to drive then you should provide a rental. I've reached out to Corporate and have gotten nowhere.

My take away from this Ford doesn't stand behind their cars. The bottom line is more important than consumer lives. Don't buy a #Ford #fordsucks #greed #fordmotorcompany #fordmustang #motorcity #plantationford. Ford should be ashamed of how they are running their business. Money over safety!

Ford Mustang Company Information