4.07/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford Mustang

The Ford Mustang is an iconic American sports car that first debuted in 1964. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford Mustang Reviews

Original review: March 11, 2019

I ordered a 2019 Ford Mustang convertible in November 2018. I was told it should take 6-8 weeks. So I was hoping to receive my new car mid January. Then it was end of February to be delivered, then mid March. It is now Mid March and I still have no information as to when the car will be delivered. It's in production and that is all I know. It doesn't make sense that in 4 months no one, the dealer or customer service has any idea as to when I will receive my car.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Have 2015 50th Anniversary Special Edition Mustang. At less than 21000 miles and 3 months out of 3 yr 36,000 mile warranty the A/C evaporator coil failed. My unit is not the only unit from 2015-2017 that has had this experience in short periods of time or miles. Some according to internet postings experienced multiple failures while in warranty. Ford does not recognize the problem.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I purchased a 2016 Ford Mustang in June of 2016. Around June of 2018 my AC seemed to not be cooling as well. Eventually warm air was coming out of the drivers vent, cool air out of the middle vent, and somewhat cold air (eventually) out of the passenger side vent. I called the dealership and they said I needed to bring it in for a diagnostic, it would cost $140 for that alone since my car was barely past the 36,000 miles for my warranty. I told them that the AC should not be going out on a 2 year old car. They suggested I start a case with Ford corporate, which I did. Corp said that I needed to go in for a diagnostic to continue with case. I did this and my service adv was kind enough to not make me pay the diagnostic fee. The estimate was $2400!!

I submitted paperwork to Ford and they said it would take 48 hours and it ended up taking much longer, after many calls to dealership I finally found out Ford would pay $1600 and I had to pay $773. This was a huge hardship on me. But it was July in Charleston SC so I desperately need my AC! I took car in and they gave me a loaner at no charge, which was appreciated. They had my car over a week and I got it back and drove down road and heard some clicking noise coming out of the passenger vent and I could hear the engine, as well. Also my engine light was still on and my radio screen was blacking out as if it lost all contact.

I called Ford and they told me to bring it back, of course. They once again had my car a week and finally they call and tell me that they had not put a gasket in & had to take dash off AGAIN and do that. Also my car had a new issue that requires $300 repair!! I said NO and I will be there to pick up my car TODAY. I need to know WHO else I can complain to and who can help me? I will NEVER purchase another FORD and when I close on my new home, the very NEXT day I will be trading this one in, if anyone will even take it!?! It is really a shame too because I love my car and driving it. The reason I bought a new car and pay $473 a month is so I would not have to worry about costly repairs or breaking down by myself at night. Bottom line is that you can NOT DEPEND ON A FORD! You need to make this right FORD!

Original review: June 28, 2018

I like that my Mustang has all the perks of a new car. The sound system is one of my favorite features and the different color dash lights. It's just an all around fun car to drive any time of the year. Mustangs have been around for 50 years. So why change things so drastically that there's a recall. Still, overall a good experience. My Mustang is perfect for vacation trips especially in the summer since it's a convertible. It was a little more expensive than I wanted, but Reliable and comfortable when taking long trips.

Original review: June 18, 2018

It's my favorite car! Drives well and I enjoy it. I like the shape and the size. The car is easy to handwash. People like the way the Mustang looks and I enjoy the attention. It is a pretty car! I like that my car is a V-6 and gets pretty good gas mileage. The back seat is big enough to hold both my dogs. Also my seats are fabric and not leather. I have a Sirius Radio and I like the little horse on the front grill. It has an automatic transmission.

I owned a Mustang in the past. I like the way they hug the road and they are easy to handle. They are sturdy cars. I like having a trunk. I had cars with hatch backs in the past. This is the first sports car I have had with a trunk. But I do not like that the clear coat is coming off the hood and how the Ford emblem has come off the wheels. I also do not like when my car gets dirty. Otherwise I intend to buy another Mustang in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Mustang?

Original review: June 9, 2018

I like the style. It looks small and sporty... All the mechanical works good. It takes me from place a to place b. It runs fast on the freeway. It fits 4 people but...short ones only. It was not that expensive. I like the inside is in great shape and like the color of the inside too. It has a good system. The windows are pretty nice and big. It also has a stereo. I like the steering...and the braking. But it would be nice to have more space on the back. The sensor of the wheel don't let the car run with different type of tire you would like to use. And it needs space to fit a baby. Should put more stronger kit body. Change the type of rims it has.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I bought 1989 Ford Mustang LX as a project car to help out a friend. It is good on gas and it's kind of a smaller car and it should be easy to drive. But I wouldn't have put the bucket seats in the back. I would have just put a regular bench seat and painted it a different color other than white. It's the only Mustang I've had and currently it isn't running. But I'm sure once I get the master brake cylinder, brake lines and the sheet metal underneath the seats it will be an awesome little car.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My 1994 Mustang was of sentimental value because it came from my grandparents as a gift as they had previously owned it. However, I had nothing but problems with this vehicle towards the end of owning it. I just didn't like the color and all the mechanical problems I had with it after I got into an accident. But, it really wasn't too bad of a car. It was my first car so I was just learning everything. I wish I would have taken better care of it.

Original review: June 12, 2018

The 2002 Mustang is a very nice little car and runs like a top. It is bright red, very stylish, fast and looks great. I like the style on this automobile and that it's a Mustang. Good old fashioned American style, and American muscle. It is well maintained by the previous owner. It had a great service record and had great owners. However, it's a fuel guzzler. Maybe if they had a fourth gear it would do better on the gas. The fuel consumption sucks but all in all it's a great car.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The 2017 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 is a sporty car that is fun to drive and I have a great experience thus far. It looks good, sounds nice and I love the classic bright blue color. I also like that it's a 5.0. However, maybe they could improve a backseat that's more suitable for children's booster and car seats to fit in.

Ford Mustang Company Information