1.59/5

Last updated: March 30, 2018

89 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 30, 2018

Bought a 2017 Mustang GT and paid 45 thousand cash and after a year and 19000 miles having problems one after another. Three engine light p0308 misfires no. 8 cylinder. First they replaced spark plug then ignition coil then intake manifold. Then car starts to vibrate more upon acceleration. They tell me my tires need to be replaced yet they replace my air condition compressor and vibration goes away with traction control turned off. Tires didn’t need to be replaced. When brought to be serviced mileage in was the same as mileage when I picked up the car so they obviously didn’t test drive to see what the problem was and wrote it up as saying I told them not to repair the issue because I refused to have them replace my good front tires for which they said was the cause of the vibration.

Funny how the tires don’t vibrate when I turn off the traction control. The Ford dealer of Redlands ca. Still hasn’t fixed the problem because they insist it’s the tires. I have missed 4 days of work because I thought I was going to be more reliable to get to work by purchasing a brand new Ford Mustang and apparently I made a big mistake believing Ford could make a reliable product. Researching the internet shows that Ford doesn’t care at all about the customers that buy their crappy cars as well as how crooked the maker and the dealerships that sell Ford products. I will never buy another Ford product and I will warn others who think about buy Ford. I use to be a dedicated Ford owner and enthusiast but not anymore. To the public I WARN EVERYONE. DON'T BUY FORD PRODUCTS. If you do I promise you will end up regretting it!???

Original review: March 30, 2018

I’ve just bought Mustang Ecoboost 2018 with special order. It has only 400 miles on it and there is annoying noise from front driver side. It sounds like a air flow/ leakage but since I am not a mechanic I cannot say that it is not something more serious. I took the car to FORD FAIRWAY GREENVILLE, SC since it is under warranty at the moment to fix it. Car stayed there all day. Feedback was this noise is characteristic for these cars!!! It is brand new car!!! I have driven different Mustang before buying this car at another dealer and that car had no noise like that at all! They tried to create some excuses that they contacted Ford engineer...bla...bla...bla. They even did not tape or try to make more diagnosis on the car at all.

Oh, also between sentences the service representative was always insisting me to take my car to the dealer where I purchased my car! Hey, I bought it from FORD and it is under WARRANTY. You have to act like a responsible dealer and solve my issue even though I did not buy this car from your dealer! After that I reach out to Ford Service Facebook account and explain my problem to them as well. They escalated it to service manager again in the same dealer and representative called me back. The answer was straight again that they cannot fix my problem and they again insisted me to take my car to the dealer where I bought the car. That dealer is more than 1 hour away. To be honest I am really regretful for not buying Camaro. I was between Camaro and Mustang but made the wrong choice.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 24, 2018

Purchased my 2018 Mustang GT in December and the LCD Panel went out first week in February. Was told part was on backorder and that it would not be available until April. Was given Ford Edge loaner and was really unhappy about that given I purchased a slick Mustang GT for a reason. I have escalated this issue to Ford Exec Offices and they are yet to respond. Just want all to be aware of this issue!

Original review: March 20, 2018

I have been looking for a locking gas cap or locking gas cover door for my 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost, including the local Ford dealership and aftermarkets. I have not been able to find any caps or doors. It has been almost three years since this car was made. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We purchased our new Mustang from Hastings Ford in Greenville, NC in Nov 2017 for my Wifes Birthday. This was our fourth Mustang and we really loved the Mustang until this purchase. On Dec 13th 2017 my Wife was driving in a 20 MPH zone and made a right turn at almost a stop and the accelerator suddenly sped up on its own which caused her to go up on the curb and hit a building. The car stopped and she put it in reverse and it did it again. She finally turned the car off. We had it towed to the body shop, we checked the car mat and it did not cause the problem. The body shop took it to a local Ford dealer and they checked the computer and stated that there were no codes listed. We researched and it states that if the throttle body fails that there would be no code sent.

We contacted the dealer Hastings Ford and their comment was that no recalls were on the vehicle and that was their response. We called Ford and their response was that they hope it would not happen again. We had the car damage fixed. Over $10,000.00 for the repairs for a car that had 497 miles on it. Now we have a new car that may kill us one day but as Ford stated they hope it doesn't happen again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

2016 Mustang GT Premium currently has 40,000 miles. 1st Issue - At around 15,000 miles the stereo head unit started glitching and skipping music while connected to my son's iPhone or my iPhone either by Bluetooth or cable. My son brought it into the Santa Cruz, CA Ford dealer 4 times where they updated the software a few times and changed the entire head unit, still with no resolution.

2nd Issue - The car has a parasitic draw on the battery where my son has been stranded a few times and had to call AAA to get a jump start. He brought it in for repair at Santa Cruz, CA Ford dealer prior to the 30K warranty ending and apparently they couldn't find it. Now that we have 40,000 miles, they surprisingly found the draw. Turns out the seat heating/cooling module burned up and fused the connectors together. Ford quoted $800 to fix even though we brought it in prior to the warranty ending.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

2015 Ford Mustang V6 - A/C evap coil is broken, AGAIN! 1st one replaced at 19k, under warranty. Second one replaced at 40k, not under warranty. (The part # is 19850.*, where * is the version. My first replacement was version W, My second replacement is version Y. They started on version A.). Thanks a lot Ford.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

The evaporator cores of Ford Mustangs are defective. The company knows about it, but is definitely not warning consumers. While my Mustang Ecoboost is a 2016, it appears that this defect is hitting 2015-2017 models. My evaporator core started leaking shortly after my warranty expired - around the 37,000/2.5 year mark. I am now on the hook for $1.7K. Replacing the evaporator core requires tearing into the dash and putting it back together... a full day's work for 2 technicians. I was told by my dealership that they have seen many Ford cars and trucks with this problem. They knew right away what was going on... and of course never mentioned it to me during my routine service appointments. But, I digress.

Upon recommendation from my dealership, I contacted Ford's Customer Relations program and spoke to someone who was clearly not located in the United States. They opened a case to review my request for some kind of consideration for compensation since the evaporator is a defective part prevalent in the fleet and since the part most likely started leaking while still under warranty. I received a response that indicated that they closed my account without further consideration because my dealership didn't respond to their request for information. My dealership suggests they never received a request for information and confirmed that the regional Ford Customer Service rep had never been involved in my case review.

So, in summary: 1) the evaporator cores in (at least) the 2015-2017 Ford Mustangs is defective. They will start leaking slightly before 36,000 miles or slightly after that point in most cases. Recommendation-get yours checked out prior to the expiration of your warranty. 2) the Ford Customer Care case system is a do-loop. If you get a negative response to your request, call them and have them tell you why your request was denied. In my case, I have documented that Ford Motor Company customer care communication system is inadequate to transfer necessary decision-making information between Ford and dealership (best case) and/or Ford or my dealership are just lying. Make sure to document everything related to your a/c operation. Additional concern: My evaporator core is going to be replaced with another evaporator core... which is also probably not going to last very long.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I was extremely excited when I purchased my 2015 model Mustang as a birthday present to myself on June 19th, 2015 because this was my first "NEW" vehicle purchase. Here I am on a HOT SUMMER LOUISIANA DAY WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING! I was told that the car basic warranty expired, so there's nothing that they can do about it, and I'm extremely dissatisfied! I should not have to pay to get a 2015 model vehicle air conditioning repaired! This is absolutely too early for drastic maintenance as such!

I've purchased used vehicles having almost 100K miles, over six years old and NEVER had to replaced the air conditioning! To make matters worse the service manager told me that the defect has affected more consumers, but because my air conditioning didn't break before 30K miles, I have to pay for Ford's defective part and can rent a loaner vehicle for $30.00 a day. Are you kidding me?!? This is my only source of transportation, I'm a single mother, still making $497.00 payments on a two year old model vehicle without air conditioning! It seems as if they need to do a better job protecting consumers. I was sold a lemon; this by far was a ripoff!

Original review: July 25, 2017

I love this car. I bought it last year and currently has 22k miles. It has that many miles on it because my daughter and I took a four thousand mile cross country trip on Route 66 to California. It did amazing on the drive through the deserts of New Mexico, Arizona and the Mojave in California and the mountains in Utah and Colorado. We were even in the mountains in Yosemite. Never had a single problem and still love my car.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Ok here is my beef for the Ford Mustangs. Back in 2015 I had a Fiesta. I took it in for a oil change. Before I left a salesman had pressured me into buying a 2016 V6 Mustang. Beautiful car to say the least but a piece of ** mechanically. Here is my story. Not too long after buying the car it left me stranded on the side of the road at night all alone and scared to death. I had to have it towed into the Ford dealership. They said it was the electronic throttle body, fixed it, but I notice the AC kept surging in and out and every time it was on it would pull down the performance of the car really bad. Finally they had to replace the fan motor. Then the thing would vibrate the whole dash board and sound horrible, so just this week the car once again stranded me but this time it cut off with me in incoming traffic and almost got me in a bad wreck.

They once again fixed it and it seemed to be doing fine, but like so many others on this board, I do not feel it's fair to pay so much money for a car to have it fail on you so much. This car is a piece of crap car. Beautiful as it may look it's not a good car. I can only imagine having my grandbaby in the back seat and this thing stalls out on me and a car or truck hits me on the passenger side and harms my baby or myself. It's terrifying to think of, so I traded the piece of ** and we will see how this new one does. Still love Mustangs and always will, but some of them suck.

Original review: July 7, 2017

Got a 2017 Mustang GT - 4months ago. 3 weeks ago and 520 miles the car won't start. (Thank goodness for the place in the cup holder where you place the key and start that way.) Now our 4th trip to shop. The key fob still doesn't work, no backup camera, no radio. Told the battery amps. were low. Told problem was fixed. Drove home 13 miles same problem - going back to the shop on Monday-- Never again.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I am the unhappy owner of a 2010 Ford Mustang. Five weeks ago my car started cutting out/dying with no indicators or service lights sometimes while stopped and other while driving. It has currently been sitting at Plantation Ford for the last ten days. Prior to that it was in/out 4 times for the same issue. They have replaced parts. Released the car to me only to have the same issue the same day or a few days later. They have replaced the O2 Sensor, then another trip was the ERP value, which turned out to be defective. It was replaced all of this at my expense. Along with no vehicle and having to Uber to/from work. Finally, after it was determined the part was defective. It was replaced then they realize it was the PCM that was bad all along Then they agreed to put me in a rental. A few days into the rental, I was sent a text message to return the rental and pick up my car. Because the part was on backorder and wouldn't be available until August.

I called Garry, my Service Rep. and asked if they could guarantee the car wouldn't do the same thing. Answer, "NO." I asked to speak to the Service Mgr. Mark. Asked him if he could put his wife or child back on the road in this car. Never got an answer, but got a text me to stay in rental. He would see what he could do about getting the part expedited. Bring us to yesterday when I got a call to return the rental once again because their bottom line couldn't cover the rental and Corporate wouldn't assist because the age of the car. WHAT! If it is covered under Manufacturers Warranty and the car isn't safe to drive then you should provide a rental. I've reached out to Corporate and have gotten nowhere.

My take away from this Ford doesn't stand behind their cars. The bottom line is more important than consumer lives. Don't buy a #Ford #fordsucks #greed #fordmotorcompany #fordmustang #motorcity #plantationford. Ford should be ashamed of how they are running their business. Money over safety!

Original review: June 21, 2017

In December of 2011, my wife realized a life-long dream: ownership of a Ford Mustang. At the ripe old age of 57, I purchased our first (and only) brand-new vehicle - a base model V6 Mustang. This being our only brand-new vehicle ever, I was looking forward to years of reliable driving but purchased the extended service contract anyway for peace of mind. Probably the smartest thing I ever did in my life. We babied that car. Kept it garaged, polished and very well maintained. Used only premium fuel. Exceeded all the maintenance schedules/requirements. Minor issues were taken care of immediately. Drove it modestly. I'm too old to race around like a lunatic abusing the drivetrain.

Then the horror show begins. In May of 2017, the vehicle has just 28,000 miles on the odometer. We just had the oil changed, and there is a 'ticking' noise coming from under the hood. On May 17 (2 days after the oil change) we bring it in to Arrow Ford and the response is: "sounds like the compressor bearing". Oh, and btw, the belt needs replacement. A few days in the dealership for the repair. The "repair" is completed. We start to drive home and hear that same 'ticking' noise coming from under the hood. Only it's now louder and more noticeable!!!

Back to the dealership. Several days of going back and forth with the service manager, their 'senior mechanic' and the extended warranty company. Arrow Ford replaced the compressor bearing, the compressor, and "fixed the transmission". What? We were never notified of a transmission issue/fix. Further conversations with all the parties involved and the engine was torn down because it is "probably a thrust bearing". Arrow Ford has now had our Mustang for over a month, with the engine torn down for crankshaft/bearing replacement. The warranty company inspector did remark, "I've seen this before. It's an issue with this engine." (paraphrased)

On June 19, we are told that the reason for the failure is a design/engineering fault. Allegedly, the pulley belt was placing too much sideways tension on the crankshaft pulley - which destroyed the bearings. The belt is a "stretch" version, without an idler/tensioner pulley. The engine will be replaced with one that was scavenged from a wrecked Mustang. On a vehicle with only 28,000 miles on the odometer??? Seriously? IF we ever get this car back from the service department, we will now own a "Quality is Job 1" Ford Mustang with just 28,000 miles and an engine from a wreck that I will never be able to trust because it has the same design/engineering defect and an unspecified number of miles already on the engine. Will this 'replacement engine' fail within the year? Obviously, I'm not happy with Ford's "solution" for an issue that caused by a design fault. We'll be shopping for a non-Ford vehicle in the very near future.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I bought a 2015 EcoBoost Mustang Convertible - 50-year limited edition package. I special ordered my car. Waited an extra month for it, my car has been in the shop 5 times and it's not even 2 years old to me yet. So, the problem is the passenger seat belt doesn't retract and gets stuck in the door jam, last year when I brought it to their attention they changed the seat belt that worked for a month. It's now back in the shop and they say there is nothing wrong with it, just take it out of the feeder and that should stop the problem. There is also the problem that the seat belt comes across my neck and not my chest, I'm 5'3, my sister and spouse are 5'8 and they both have the same problem. I believe the problem is the feeder is too high on the seat but I'm not an engineer and Ford told me there has been no other complaints regarding the seat belt.

So, now here's the thing. If I get into an accident while the seat belt is in the feeder is there a possibility that the seat belt would cut my neck open or worse cut my head off and if I took it out of the feeder will the seat belt still work properly and save me from going through the windshield. I spoke with Ford's Corporate office today and they said do not take it out of the feeder and they are working diligently to fix this issue. But wait the dealership said there is nothing wrong with the seat belts. My question to the community is - Does or has anyone else had a problem with the seat belts in their car?

Original review: June 14, 2017

I bought my car in May 2016, and I was very happy with it, but short after the issues began. The radio has some kind glitch that you have no access of any function of the radio's panel. Again, only once I managed to bring the car to dealer when the problem was active, and they just hard reset the unit. The problem seemed to be fixed at that time, but couple days later it happened again. Since then I could never take the car to dealer and reciprocate the problem, so they say "nothing is wrong with it". Again, until today I still have the same issue with the unit. Now, the car has been in service 6 times and only has 16000 miles on it. Now to add to all this nonsense, the trunk lid was touching the passenger taillight and scratching the trunk's inside lid. I brought the car to dealership around August 2016 to be fixed. Now, June 2017 it is doing the exactly same thing. So, I guess wasn't really fixed.

I love the way the car looks, but the quality of the car is horrible. The inside is gorgeous, but again no quality. I feel really angry when I look back, and I see that I spent 27 thousand dollar and change in a car that wasn't worth 10 thousand. Now the quicker in all this is, Ford doesn't allowed loaner anymore on warranty issues, so if you have any problem with your brand new car the customer needs to pay for his rental car, or that owner will be on his feet on the way home.

Please, they should be giving us plenty of apologies, and also making sure that we were taken care, since they sold us a faulty car. I am very disappointed, and I am sure this was my last Ford vehicle. I do tell all my friends, and their friends, and anyone that ask about my car the disappointment it becomes to me. Even though it hurts my ego saying that, but I just don't want to see anyone else be in my position.

Original review: June 2, 2017

We purchased a 2017 Ford Mustang GT with cloth interior on 4/7/2017 from Planet Ford in Spring TX. Since day 1 I could smell fumes that would make my eyes burn, and my husband started getting headaches that wouldn't stop, felt lethargic, always tired and couldn't concentrate. We brought the car to the dealership where we purchased it and it is still there over a week later. They can smell it also. In fact 1 of the service advisors said it was so bad he could taste it. We have contacted Ford Corporate and have been contacted by the Regional Manager. Hopefully the dealership agrees to take care of this situation. My husband has no more symptoms since he has been driving a rental car. If you are experiencing the same thing, please contact Ford Corporate, these chemicals being used in the interior of these cars are dangerous and life threatening.

Original review: May 24, 2017

My 2015 Ford Mustang has broken AC in just 1.5 years. Thank God it still has warranty. Fix it and sell trade off is the only option. Their service ever since we bought the car has been very rude. Their salesperson calls me to extend warranty and says I have only one time offer to extend warranty and I say, "I have to consult with my husband." He says, "You can after you have paid activation charges and there will be 30 days to consult while underwriting occurs and if you choose otherwise we will refund." I said, "Not possible without consulting." He hangs on me. They call me and hang on me.

Original review: April 17, 2017

For anyone contemplating on purchasing a Ford Mustang, or any other Ford vehicle, I highly recommend you search other options first. I purchased a BRAND NEW Ford Mustang about two months ago, 1,500 miles in and nothing but issues. I have taken the car to the dealer I purchased it at and they act like it is a joke and couldn't care less about me or my brand new pile of junk. I have taken this car in to three different Ford dealers, explained the transmission issues, and they claim they will try to fix it but have yet to find a solution. The car makes crazy noises going from park to drive, park to reverse, drive to reverse and reverse to drive. To make things worse, on the highway the car will be unresponsive to the throttle, I can floor it and it will not pick up speed.

After taking it in and having them work on it, my car now has an odd smell like fireworks or something may be burning. The transmission also gets stuck when trying to change gears and is a pain in the butt. All I want is for Ford to give me a new SAFE Mustang in exchange for the defective one that they sold me, but the service I have received from all Ford dealers is a complete joke. I tried to contact Ford and they have the worst customer service, considering I just purchased a $30,000+ vehicle that is already having issues. This is ridiculous and I hope I can save someone else from this headache and scam of a company.

Original review: April 17, 2017

Found a big puddle of coolant on my garage floor underneath the engine of my 2014 Ford Mustang. The car is only 38 months old and has just under 37K. Had a local mechanic look at it thinking it may just be a leaking hose. Nope, they ran a full diagnostic and did a pressure check to find out that the water pump was leaking. They documented with photos and a report and advised me to bring it into Ford being that it would be covered under the powertrain warranty. After Ford Service looked at it they claimed there was no leak to the water pump, but advised me that the air conditioning system was leaking, which was not under warranty and would be an $800 fix. Decided to forego the air fix and just drive the piece of crap with no air for a while. Remember, just under $37K. Had to e-mail Ford the local mechanics report and photos to convince them something was wrong with the water pump. Waiting to hear back what has been done.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I have owned my Mustang EcoBoost for 2 years and I really can't complain aside from the depreciation and some hiccups with the dealer. Aesthetically the car is great. I love the look of the 50 years edition grill and the performance pack rims that match the black paint perfectly. I daily drive my car and I have taken it up and down from NorCal to SoCal twice now so it has seen some road. The car gets decent gas mileage especially for making 300ish HP. The computer does exaggerate on the gas mileage though. It says I average 27 MPG when it's really closer to 25 MPG when I do the math (again not a really big issue).

Mechanically the car has been very sound. I have about 30k miles on it and I haven't brought it to the shop outside of the typical maintenance. I have kept the car stock (except for the exhaust) to maintain my warranty. The paint could have been a little higher in quality. I have some swirling and I only do hand washing and I got the paint protector from the dealer. I do also have a black car so that is to be expected. The interior is holding up well, no signs of major wear on the leather. I do park in a parking garage most times so I could be preserving it that way. The driver's seat is aging more than the passenger seat but that is to be expected. I do have a clicking noise from my center speaker in my dash, if I pull on the speaker grill it stops the clicking noise for a while. The clicking is probably my biggest gripe with the car.

All in all the car really looks cool, is fairly quick and has been reliable thus far. If you want a car that won't break the bank on gas and insurance I recommend the car. One last note, I do wish that Ford gave more options for the V6. I preferred the sound, liked the fact that it didn't require premium to make peak horse power, basically the same gas mileage and was naturally aspirated. But, I think this is because Europe is weird about cars and tax them based on the liters of the engine, oh well.

Original review: March 22, 2017

Bought a 2016 GT Mustang. Bad vibration on freeway, drove it for 4 months. Like that ends up driveshaft out of alignment. It's clunking really hard when shifted from reverse to drive. Dealership can't duplicate so they say there's no problem. They aligned it still clunks. Shout out to Ryan of Norco, CA. I also had the Cilajet applied. My poor black car was totally swirl marked because of it. I know black is a pain but they ruined the paint job. All they want to do is get it buffed out. Heck no that will add more swirls. When they sold me the Cilajet they said I wouldn't have to wax it for yrs. 2 weeks later I had to buy wax. RRR. Also at 1 year the air conditioner broke & I guess they have to rip the dash off, take out front seats. Well 6 days later they get it all back together, broke the windshield doing it & put holes in the dash where the side of your knee hits.

8 days now no car, guess new windshield is in & they have some guy in morn. Who repairs stuff like that. Can't wait to see what I'm going to tell them to replace. I want it the way I gave it to them. Impeccable(?). Oh I do have a lemon Law lawyer. Hopefully this $50,000 car can be sent back to dealership with ruined paint and all!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

After reading about other owners' problems with the Ford corrosion issues the consumer needs to stay away from the Ford product until they address the current issue we are experiencing. They have known about this issue since 2004. The real truth is they know and refuse to do anything to protect the buyer - period. Let us stand together for once. I have a nice vehicle that looks like crap because of product failure!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

My wife and I bought this 2015 Mustang Ecoboost March 11, 2015. We drove it and notice the odor smell of gasoline. We went back to the dealer and inform them about the problem. They said probably when the staff over spill the gas. So accepted it. Then months and months still the same. So went back to the dealer to inform them about it. Finally they arranged the schedule to find out causing the bad odor of gas inside the car. To make the story short we will return the car on 2nd year lease and we already bought the 2017 RS CAMARO and we don't smell any gas odor. But in fairness to FORD MUSTANG 2015 I love the style and performance but the only issue we experience is the bad odor gas inside the car.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

Bought a 2016 Mustang GT with pp. Fell in love with it the day I saw it. Two days after driving it noticed it had a loud thump when putting in 1st gear, and then into 2nd, and then into 3rd. Took it back to Ford. They said "we cannot do anything because it is the way it was designed at the factory." "So it is design flaw" I said and they said yes, but still not going to do anything about. Called and emailed Ford. Got some runaround for about 5 or 6 emails. They would not say it was a design flaw outright but they hinted it might be. So they said "we are looking into it." That was 5 months ago. No more emails, no more calls, no more anything. But I am going to guess if it was their new GT that sells for over 200 grand they would not let it leave the factory.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

I bought the 2016 v6 Mustang car at the end of May 2016 from Galpin Ford (#1 dealer in the U.S.). Less than four months and 7800 miles, the car failed while driving it. Sudden and total power loss, nearly rear-ended in traffic. I re-started the car and noticed serious mechanical noise from the top end of the engine. Classic lifter/tapper noise. Car had to be towed through 50 miles of mountain roads. Ford would not tow it to where I bought it, but only to the closest dealership. Now, they are talking about providing a loaner car (funny. they loaned me a v6 and a v4 for consecutive weekends when they wanted to sell it to me). Stay tuned for more updates. I have ZERO CONFIDENCE in a car that fails after less than 120 days of ownership. I want either a new car or a full refund.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Bought a new 2016 Ford Mustang V6 back on 9/18/2016. 26k/mi. Out the gate, I had issues with the ECM & the rev's just dropping a few hundred RPM's every 30 seconds but multiple people have told me this is normal. Personally, I don't think it should be. Then came my first gas tank fill up. Now this is an odd issue, I don't think I've seen reported anywhere else but I had to manually hold the handle for the entire fill-up. I don't know what I was thinking but I let that go on for months before having it fixed. Not sure what they did, think they replaced the throttle body and some seals to correct the pressurization issue within the gas tank. Really wasn't a big gripe because I could fill up at certain pumps without issue & I just frequented those particular pumps.

Then a month has passed and it was time for the Cilajet application. I personally made sure the car had almost no swirls in the paint before they applied it. To this day I'm not sure what I shelled out an extra $800 for because the swirls that have formed since then are heartbreaking to look at. I know it's a black car but the Cilajet has done nothing to protect the paint from swirls as advertised. I asked my dealer and they said if I had corrosion they would do something about it.

Now my car has a new issue, whenever I turn the A/C on something in the dash rev's up and just vibrates the whole bloody car. I'm taking it in tomorrow for service but after reading some of the other commentators stories I'm thinking I'll be taking this thing in every chance I get. The paint seems pretty pathetic overall too, my car is now 1yr old but it looks like my daily commute is through a sandstorm. The front end is essentially destroyed. I've already bought a random orbital and some Meguiars products to fix all the damage. I'm really not sure if it's the paint though, there is a lot of dirt in the air and dirt on the road due to construction near the 15/91 freeway interchange right now in CA.

Overall, I love the car but the issues are really scaring me. Oh, I almost forgot, sometimes the Bluetooth won't connect to your phone. Calls will be fine but media just disconnects every time you go to play something. Ford has this whole page dedicated to fixing the issue, none of which works. Somebody figured out if you disconnect the battery it'll hook up to the phone again with no issues, had to do that at least 4 times now. Where was I?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I own 2014 Ford Mustang V6. Today I had bad experience. After work I was trying to go home. After warmed up my Mustang, I put the drive gear. I slowly moved with idle and I had to turn for getting out of the parking lot. But all of sudden the brake was not working and sponged, so I hit a car. My car got damaged and I had to towed. That is not right and if I would be in highway it could happened more and more dangerous. The Ford Motor Company has to find out what's going on with all the Mustang from now!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Failure at 65K, out of warranty at 36K, unacceptable, pull out the whole dash to replace. On top of that, new evaporator out of stock and backordered for a month. Sure is hot in July in Florida! Had to rent a car for that period of time waiting for part to come in. $553.00 for part alone. Ford customer service said best line of recourse is with dealer Service department. The dealer was very fair waving the $1200.00 service bill. Still no response from Ford to cover rental car $665.00 and part. For a car less than 2 years old what a mistake. Evaporator backordered and out of stock, Hmmm, am I the only one with this problem? This will be the last Ford if this is not set straight. Camaro! Hmmm.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

First I saw this car I was amazed how beautiful it looks... Eye catcher, compliments everywhere. I bought it March 11th, 2015. By March 27th my car got flooded with rain on the passenger's side. Took it to service, they took 2 days fixing the main window seals... April 15th my car was full of water again. They didn't do anything to fix it. Took it again to service and finally fix it. By May, the radio and Bluetooth stopped working. 2 more days getting serviced... Was working until now August 22nd, 2016. The radio - Bluetooth - rear view camera - stopped working. The AC unit is not working. They told me the evaporators in the new mustangs are failing and need to be replaced. Is going to take 3-4 weeks, come on.

They have this car has lots of issues, and they say nothing to their clients. And when you come to see them, because all this issues, they just act like "lucky you discovered this now because you only have 6000 miles left on your warranty." I'm in love with my car, but I guess "love hurts" a lot when comes to lemons and pieces of crap like this. Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost 2015 23.900 miles.

Ford Mustang Company Information