Ford Mustang

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bought a 2016 Mustang GT with pp. Fell in love with it the day I saw it. Two days after driving it noticed it had a loud thump when putting in 1st gear, and then into 2nd, and then into 3rd. Took it back to Ford. They said "we cannot do anything because it is the way it was designed at the factory." "So it is design flaw" I said and they said yes, but still not going to do anything about. Called and emailed Ford. Got some runaround for about 5 or 6 emails. They would not say it was a design flaw outright but they hinted it might be. So they said "we are looking into it." That was 5 months ago. No more emails, no more calls, no more anything. But I am going to guess if it was their new GT that sells for over 200 grand they would not let it leave the factory.

I bought the 2016 v6 Mustang car at the end of May 2016 from Galpin Ford (#1 dealer in the U.S.). Less than four months and 7800 miles, the car failed while driving it. Sudden and total power loss, nearly rear-ended in traffic. I re-started the car and noticed serious mechanical noise from the top end of the engine. Classic lifter/tapper noise. Car had to be towed through 50 miles of mountain roads. Ford would not tow it to where I bought it, but only to the closest dealership. Now, they are talking about providing a loaner car (funny. they loaned me a v6 and a v4 for consecutive weekends when they wanted to sell it to me). Stay tuned for more updates. I have ZERO CONFIDENCE in a car that fails after less than 120 days of ownership. I want either a new car or a full refund.

Bought a new 2016 Ford Mustang V6 back on 9/18/2016. 26k/mi. Out the gate, I had issues with the ECM & the rev's just dropping a few hundred RPM's every 30 seconds but multiple people have told me this is normal. Personally, I don't think it should be. Then came my first gas tank fill up. Now this is an odd issue, I don't think I've seen reported anywhere else but I had to manually hold the handle for the entire fill-up. I don't know what I was thinking but I let that go on for months before having it fixed. Not sure what they did, think they replaced the throttle body and some seals to correct the pressurization issue within the gas tank. Really wasn't a big gripe because I could fill up at certain pumps without issue & I just frequented those particular pumps.

Then a month has passed and it was time for the Cilajet application. I personally made sure the car had almost no swirls in the paint before they applied it. To this day I'm not sure what I shelled out an extra $800 for because the swirls that have formed since then are heartbreaking to look at. I know it's a black car but the Cilajet has done nothing to protect the paint from swirls as advertised. I asked my dealer and they said if I had corrosion they would do something about it.

Now my car has a new issue, whenever I turn the A/C on something in the dash rev's up and just vibrates the whole bloody car. I'm taking it in tomorrow for service but after reading some of the other commentators stories I'm thinking I'll be taking this thing in every chance I get. The paint seems pretty pathetic overall too, my car is now 1yr old but it looks like my daily commute is through a sandstorm. The front end is essentially destroyed. I've already bought a random orbital and some Meguiars products to fix all the damage. I'm really not sure if it's the paint though, there is a lot of dirt in the air and dirt on the road due to construction near the 15/91 freeway interchange right now in CA.

Overall, I love the car but the issues are really scaring me. Oh, I almost forgot, sometimes the Bluetooth won't connect to your phone. Calls will be fine but media just disconnects every time you go to play something. Ford has this whole page dedicated to fixing the issue, none of which works. Somebody figured out if you disconnect the battery it'll hook up to the phone again with no issues, had to do that at least 4 times now. Where was I?

I own 2014 Ford Mustang V6. Today I had bad experience. After work I was trying to go home. After warmed up my Mustang, I put the drive gear. I slowly moved with idle and I had to turn for getting out of the parking lot. But all of sudden the brake was not working and sponged, so I hit a car. My car got damaged and I had to towed. That is not right and if I would be in highway it could happened more and more dangerous. The Ford Motor Company has to find out what's going on with all the Mustang from now!!!

Failure at 65K, out of warranty at 36K, unacceptable, pull out the whole dash to replace. On top of that, new evaporator out of stock and backordered for a month. Sure is hot in July in Florida! Had to rent a car for that period of time waiting for part to come in. $553.00 for part alone. Ford customer service said best line of recourse is with dealer Service department. The dealer was very fair waving the $1200.00 service bill. Still no response from Ford to cover rental car $665.00 and part. For a car less than 2 years old what a mistake. Evaporator backordered and out of stock, Hmmm, am I the only one with this problem? This will be the last Ford if this is not set straight. Camaro! Hmmm.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

First I saw this car I was amazed how beautiful it looks... Eye catcher, compliments everywhere. I bought it March 11th, 2015. By March 27th my car got flooded with rain on the passenger's side. Took it to service, they took 2 days fixing the main window seals... April 15th my car was full of water again. They didn't do anything to fix it. Took it again to service and finally fix it. By May, the radio and Bluetooth stopped working. 2 more days getting serviced... Was working until now August 22nd, 2016. The radio - Bluetooth - rear view camera - stopped working. The AC unit is not working. They told me the evaporators in the new mustangs are failing and need to be replaced. Is going to take 3-4 weeks, come on.

They have this car has lots of issues, and they say nothing to their clients. And when you come to see them, because all this issues, they just act like "lucky you discovered this now because you only have 6000 miles left on your warranty." I'm in love with my car, but I guess "love hurts" a lot when comes to lemons and pieces of crap like this. Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost 2015 23.900 miles.

This was my dream car. It's been a nightmare situation from day 2. I was called to come back in because I wasn't approved. They told me I needed a cosigner. My cosigner got there (I put 6500 down) and then they said I didn't need one after all. Embarrassing inconvenience. Now with 6K miles, it is not driveable. Seems like me to be the electronic throttle body, which is a known problem. Dealership is backlogged 30 days before even diagnosing it. My only option were to purchase an extended warranty again spending more money.

This has been a horrible ordeal. I feel unsafe in my new car now. Who knows how long it will take the dealership to even get to it. And now I'm going to always have a bad feeling about this car since this is the only car that I've ever had to start breaking down so soon. Everyone warned me against Mustangs against Ford. But I wanted the Mustang and now it is embarrassing to say, that they are proving to be right. What a horrible way to handle your customers.

2013 Mustang convertible - When the car is parked during a rain storm, water fills up both rear quarters and barely weeps out. There has been no water under the rear seat, nor in the rear carpet. Fished a wood dowel down into area and measured 6" of water. When driving, one can hear the water sloshing. This experience seems different than anything discussed on the internet. Is there a way to unplug these cavities, easily?

I love Mustang. I really do. My car broke water pump around 30k, advance trac light in 20k. Now I'm doing maintenance. All I needed is ac/drive belt. Stores don't have it. Everything is complicated about this car. Its very unorthodox. Stereo you have to buy dash kit. Battery terminal is so different. I dunno I be the judge.

New EcoBoost Premium Convertible. Right inside pillar headliner has a tear in it at 500 miles. Checked left side. A hole is starting to form on the inside of the headliner on that side... Went to dealer, took pictures, have to contact Ford blah blah blah...say they may have to replace headliner. Okay so it is replaced. What caused the issue. Will it happen again. I want the entire top replaced or the whole car replaced because I see this as an ongoing problem. Nice to spend 40k on a lemon... Should have got the Camaro.

I was recently in a car accident, rear ended and pushed into an oncoming car. My daughter was in the passenger front seat with her seat belt on. Her face hit the dashboard while wearing her seat belt, cut her lip wide open!!! Also, with the impact we had, I do not understand why the AIRBAGS DID NOT INFLATE!!! This could happen again!!!

We purchased our Mustang about a year and a half ago and I was in love with this car the moment I saw it. Driving this car is so much fun and the horsepower that comes with it is amazing. It's such a sleek beautiful looking car. When we purchased the car we also bought the tire warranty, which came in handy six months later.

I was driving to work and hit a rock that ended up damaging the rim and flattening the tire. At first Ford refused to honor the warranty and it was a pain in the ass to get them to take care of it. The car Sat in the shop for over two weeks because it took them forever to get the rim in stock. Our more recent issue which now the car is at 11,000 miles, the evaporator is out. Ford told us it would take a month to get the parts in to fix it because this is a nationwide issue and this is the second 2015 Mustang they have gotten this week (the other has 14,000 miles on it) that is having this problem. They told us they couldn't give us a loaner car till the parts arrived (which a month is a long time, I get it) but this isn't our fault that evaporators are going out in these cars. They said they also would not be able to help with the cost of rental car.

At this point we are just going to get rid of the car because Ford is a pain the ass to deal with and we are afraid of what other issues may happen. We have also experienced problems with the radio electronics going in and out (they said it was linked to the ac problem). The usb ports work sometimes when you try to plug your phone in and sometimes you can't change the radio station or the volume. Overall the car is beautiful and I love driving it, but with all the issues we have had with a car that's only got 11,000 miles on it we are over it. We also have a used Toyota Corolla and have had less problems in the five years we have had it than the year a half with the Mustang. Very disappointing because I planned on driving this car till it couldn't go anymore.

I contacted customer service to complain about the aluminum hood paint problem on my 2011 Mustang. They felt that the car and no longer being under warranty, this was not their problem. Investigating online and talking to body shop experts, this problem has been an ongoing problem for years with many Ford aluminum hoods. I have a garage-kept car with only 32,500 miles and the corrosion, bubbling and cracking on the paint is of no fault of mine. Ford does not want to do anything, and has declined my letter to have this problem taken care of. I feel that Ford should stand behind their paint issues, and this should be a recalled.

My next step will be to tweet Mark Fields asking his thoughts on what I've described below. My 2013 Mustang convertible (Never winter driven) has a problem with oxidation of the aluminum hood where the paint is bubbling at the front edge in several spots. Car is just off warranty but called Ford anyway to complain. They blew me off. Car is now at a body shop to be repaired at my expense. In my complaint to Ford I requested a call back only if they could explain why its normal for a 3 year old car to basically rust from the perspective of aluminum. If they could explain to me why its normal I would speak to them and accept the answer. Will be interesting to hear that explanation.

I've had my 2015 Eco Boost convertible for a little over year, garage kept and <9000 miles on it. I had it serviced @ 5,000 miles and will continue to do so even though the recommended service is 7500 miles. My 1st issue was the puddle lights turning a neat running "mustang" to one running in a blinding snow storm. I took it back to Ford and did replace the lights under warranty but took two trips because they were out of the R/H light. Wonder how long these will last before it starts "snowing" again?

My second issue, which has me concerned, is a "SMOKING CONDITION." I checked My Sync online and found there was an update available so wanted to update mine. I downloaded the information and took the "stick" to the car and followed the instructions which included leaving the vehicle running while the update took place (20 minutes +/-). I drove the car into the garage and left it for the night. The following day I was backing it out and was surprised to be engulfed in a cloud of blue smoke. It filled the garage and was like a large cloud in the driveway. This lasted for a minute or so and then cleared up. The next time I started the car there was more blue smoke coming out of the tail pipes but not as bad as the previous time.

I took the car to the dealer so they could run a diagnostic on it to see what had happened and do a complete inspection. They could find nothing wrong, no computer codes or any reason for the heavy blue smoke. Not the answer I was looking for. That was only one item, while the car was there they did an inspection and informed that I had tire wear on the inside of my rear tires??? I haven't been back yet but will taking it back to find out what's wrong?? Car is just over a year old, <9,000 miles and I don't hot rod this car. No reason for the tire wear and if they actually rotated the tire at 5,000 miles we are talking about severe wear in <4000 miles.

Performance-wise, the car is exceptional! However, as far as product support and customer service on the part of Ford Motor, Co. is concerned, they score an "F". As incredulous as it may sound, I have a 2016 Mustang GT with only 400 miles on it for which Ford is playing hardball on paint defects/damage on all horizontal surfaces. The issue was reported to the dealer almost immediately as it took a few days of ownership to notice the marks under the lights in my garage. As reported by the dealer, Ford has taken a rather hostile position of rejecting the initial warranty claim and has been leaning toward a possible one-time concession. So basically the deal sounds like a repair could be made as a customer "so-called courtesy" and that would be it. So if the questionable paint would peel 6 months down the road, I could forking out thousands for a paint job. So much for Quality 1! For me and mine... no more Ford products!

We purchased a 2015 Ford Mustang Convertible with an ECO boost engine from Crossroads Ford in Cary, NC on February 21, 2015. About 3 months ago, we noticed smoke coming from the exhaust on several occasions. This only seems to happen when the car is idling. We called Crossroads Ford to express our concern about this issue. Because there was a recall on the car for an unrelated issue, we took it back to the dealership and at that time, we talked to the Service Manager, Chris **, concerning the smoke coming from the exhaust.

Mr. ** stated that he had heard of the smoking issue on these cars only once before. He also stated that he wanted to personally see where the smoke was coming from. Once the recall issue had been resolved on our vehicle, it was brought back to the service dept. for my husband to pick up. The mechanic parked the car and left it idling. At that time, Mr. ** came to inform my husband that the car was ready. Mr. ** looked out in the service bay and noticed smoke billowing from underneath the car. He quickly ran out of his office towards the car, thinking it was on fire. To his surprise, he was now witnessing the smoking that we had previously discussed. We were told to drive the car back home that day. Mr. ** assured us that it was safe to drive and stated that he was going to contact Ford to see if there were any other vehicles with the same problem as ours. He said he would keep us informed.

On October 26th, I remotely started my car from my desk. By the time I got to my car in the parking lot, it was totally enveloped with blue smoke. I was terrified. I immediately got in my car and raced home, afraid that the car might catch on fire. My husband contacted Chris ** immediately about this latest smoking event and how it had terrified me. I did not want to drive the car anymore. I kept visualizing Paul Walker, the actor from Fast & Furious, being burned alive in his car as it spontaneously combusted into flames. Chris asked my husband to bring the car back in for further evaluation. He wanted his technicians to try to diagnose the problem and come up with a solution.

The car was kept in the service dept. for over a week, where it underwent several diagnostic checks, to no avail. The technicians still had no clue what was causing the car to smoke or how to remedy the situation. On Oct. 27th, the technicians at Crossroads Ford received an email from the Ford website which stated "If no concerns are found, no further diagnosis or repair attempts would be recommended at this time as engineering is aware of this concern. The condition is not detrimental to the engine or the performance."

Wednesday, Nov. 11th, we received a phone call from Shayne **, a Regional Customer Service Manager for Ford. He only seemed to be giving us a courtesy call as he reassured us that the car was safe to drive and that they were still investigating the cause of the problem as well as seeking a solution. I expressed my frustration telling him that even if he ASSUMED it was safe to drive, I did not want to drive a smoking brand new Mustang. I am not paying all this money to drive a smoking car. This is extremely embarrassing. His ridiculous solution was to TRY NOT TO LET THE CAR IDLE FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME.

My questions to him were as follows: 1) How can I predict how long I will be sitting in traffic or how long I may be in line at a drive-thru? 2) How do you know the car is safe to drive if you don't know what is causing it to smoke? 3) Why can't Ford offer to let us drive another Mustang until a solution has been found? Without reaching any happy-medium, the conversation between Mr. ** and I ended with him stating that he would forward my concerns and continue to keep us abreast on the situation. My question is if the engineers at Ford do not know what is causing the car to smoke, how can they say that it is safe to drive and that it will not adversely affect the engine or performance of my car? I am afraid to drive my car, as well as extremely embarrassed when smoke starts to barrel out the exhaust.

I purchased a 2016 Mustang GT on 9/26/15. I love the car. The only problem is when you open the driver door or press the lock button on the key fob the passenger window rolls down automatically. Took it back to the dealer. They have done everything they can to fix the issue. Wiring harness, door modules, new key fob, reset computer, etc... and have contacted Ford Engineers, all to no resolve. My car has been in the shop all but nine days since purchase. My first payment is due and I am still without a vehicle. I am told today that hopefully Ford Engineers will call them back on Wednesday with another hopeful fix??? I feel as though they have had more than enough time to find the issue. Now this is just ridiculous.

I purchased my 2003 Mustang GT new. 152,000 miles later it has had absolutely zero issues, only normal maintenance items. It is still on the original clutch which is working perfectly. The car is still running great and has proven to be perfectly reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another.

I'm an Air Force retiree and I live in the UK. I bought the above described car with the extended warranty (over $1000 extra) for a total of 7 years from the Army Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES). I've had a "clunk" noise somewhere in my drive train since day 1. After about 1.5 years, I discovered the paint on the front edge of my hood bubbling up. I wanted the hood replaced but I was told the corrosion had to create a hole all the way through in order for it to be replaced. I had to settle for it to be "treated" and repainted. The body repair guys did an excellent job but they told me that the problem would return because they had seen the same problem on other Mustangs AND other Ford vehicles.

I've also had corrosion problems on my mags as well. On the drive train, I had it looked at once already and was told the "clunk" was normal. HUH?? I got a second opinion on the "clunk" and was told that it was NOT normal. He stated that the play in the drive shaft was almost 5mm and the allowable limit according to Ford specs is 0.762mm. LESS THAN 1mm! NORMAL?? Don't think so. Now I'm being told that if I have it looked at by the FIRST place I took it to and they don't find anything, I'll be charged, even though it's still under the extended warranty (runs out in Feb 2016). There are many more Mustang owners that have the same "clunk" problem. So Ford, is it possible that your name actually DOES mean Fix Or Repair Daily?

Remember when the Ford slogan was "Quality is Job 1!"? Where did that go? I'm going to keep my Mustang and I'm going to pay out of my own pocket if I have to because it was my dream car after I served my country for 20 years. When I saw the first one on the cover of Mustang Magazine, I changed my mind from getting a new Dodge Challenger to the new Mustang. But I will NEVER recommend buying ANY Ford to ANYONE EVER!! If I could have rated my experience 0 stars, I would have.

I have a 95 Ford Mustang GT. When it rains the water runs through trunk. Problem is the paint is covered in mold. I have no idea how to remove it. I have tried numerous things to remove it with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm originally from Detroit. Never bought a Ford until 2011. Bought a brand new 2011 V6 Mustang, 12,000 slave cylinder needed to be replaced. Traded it in for a 2013 Mustang GT. At 3000 miles my check engine light would come on, blinking and car would lose power. After several attempts to get it fixed... Service codes available but engineers didn't know how to fix. Tried lemon lawing it. Ford sent me a check for my inconvenience and they finally figured out how to fix it.

I bought my 05 Mustang new in 2005 and it currently has 41,000 miles on it. Since 2011 I have had a creaking groaning noise in my brakes. It occurs when it's hot outside but I've heard it in mild weather as well. Just depends on how long it's driven. It is especially annoying around town & sounds like rubber on rubber, creaking & groaning. I have taken it to the dealer and had 3 new booster replacements: 2013, 2014 & just recently in 2015. The dealer put in the first two and I had the second one replaced while the part was still under warranty. I've spent almost $1,000 doing this and I'm convinced the booster has nothing to do with the problem.

My most recent mechanic who installed the 3rd replacement told me that the booster is all that it can be, however I found a thread at the Ford F-150 forum that suggests changing the master cylinder and brake fluid. This from a guy who had installed 2 boosters with no success. He wrote that after the MC was changed, the problem went completely away & has not returned. I plan to price the MC replacement and go through with it if I can convince my mechanic. I have found that when there is no TSB, mechanics hesitate to delve in and try to solve the problem.

This problem has been so perplexing, because the car runs well and gives me no other problems. I have done nothing but baby it… still looks new! I was just looking over the problems consumers are having with the 2015 model & it seems that not much has changed in 10 yrs. I had a lot of issues during the warranty period but got all fixed. I wouldn't buy another Ford product.

Purchased a 2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary pkg. on 6/22/15. I heard some clutch noise when pressing in the clutch when I was test driving it. I was told it was rust on the flywheel. The noise never went away. I took the car in 7/7/15 and was told the entire clutch set up needed replaced. I was then told the clutch kit was on back order and wouldn't be available until 8/15/15. I opened a case with Ford Motor Company on 7/13/15. I was told they would expedite a kit to get me my car. I was given a date of 8/3/15. On 8/4/15 I got a call stating the ship date of the kit was moved back to 8/26/15. The dealership (Reineke Ford of Lima, Oh) hasn't done anything to help the situation. I had the car in my possession for 14 days and the dealership at the time of me writing this has had it for 29 days. It has been the worst experience of my life.

So I bought a 2015 Mustang convertible from an Ohio dealer with 270 miles on it. The dealer swapped it from another Ohio dealer, hence the 270 miles. I developed a vibration between about 60-74 mph. It's noticeable and it doesn't encourage a feeling of safety while driving. The rearview mirror vibrates, the seats vibrate, the steering wheel vibrates. So I had the car for 5 days and it's been in the Ford shop for 5 days. Ridiculous. The dealer is trying to do the right thing and the repair manager is definitely putting in an effort to resolve the problem, but FORD THIS IS A BRAND NEW CAR! The dealer has checked the tires, Road Force balanced them... replaced the driveshaft and those didn't remove the vibration.

Now, they're replacing the rear differential. I read online that for rear-wheel drive cars, it's more common to be a U-Joint, center ball bearing or rear differential. I'm curious as to why the dealer didn't just go right to the rear differential? Maybe it's because they're so used to dealing with front-wheel drive cars. Either way, if this isn't fixed well and resolved really soon, I will never, ever buy another Ford product. This is why I've driven Toyotas for 12 years - zero issues up to 150,000 miles. 2 days old, 300 miles and the whole freaking driveline needs replaced? REALLY FORD? Where is your quality assurance people? Sleeping in the Union nappy time room??? Recovering from a hangover while on your floor plant? Or where are you ordering your parts from, a Chinese child labor camp???

I bought my 2015 Mustang GT Convertible Premium and it is well above past model years. There's one MAJOR problem. The Assurelink (Visor mounted garage door opener) works without the key. The point of getting this device was to allow someone to remove the clicker remote from the car and make it more secure. People often will park their cars and someone will gain access to their home through the garage. There needs to be a recall and this needs to be fixed.

The car came standard with heated/AC seats but only the driver gets lumbar support and memory seats. I also have the collision warning system with adaptive cruise control. In heavy rain both will become disabled and won't work for some time after the rain has stopped. I'd also suggest that if you get this car that when you change your tires you get Y rated tires. The standard W rated tires don't have enough grip for what the car is capable of. Sadly most of the modifications I want to do to the car will void my warranty. Just plugging a tuner into the car voids the powertrain warranty and a cold air intake requires a tune.

I bought my 1999 Ford Mustang brand new. It worked great. But a few years later, I needed a new clutch. A couple years later, I needed another clutch. I have had my mustang for 15 years and needed 6 clutches. I have only driven approximately 80,000 miles. I am very gentle on the clutch. I used to use the clutch a lot when I first got the car, but now, I use it only when I have to. Never downshifting, I use the brake instead. This last time, the clutch wore out in one year. I know how to drive a clutch, so please don't bring this up. Is there something going on with 1999 Ford Mustang clutches? Any others having same problem? FYI I had the clutch fixed by Ford dealership and by an independent repair shop with 5 star ratings.

Ok so I purchased a brand new 2015 ford Mustang off the lot. Fully loaded v4 turbo ecoboost engine. First I'd like to say how disappointed with the engine. I just thought it would feel a better ride then the v6 but I was wrong. That's just something I could deal with because of the mpg I read and they told me about. 22 mpg city wow was I completely wrong. I don't even get that highway and I use premium gas and I have not drove fast yet since I want to break in the engine first. Most the time cars are passing me because I try my best to drive slower so I can see what's the best mpg I can get. The best I have got was 20 but it only showed for 1 sec and I was hardly going 20mph.

The biggest complaint and why I'm truly writing is hot horrible the body work is. The front and rear bumper both are flimsy. I can touch it so soft and see it move. I was my car and am afraid to break something. When I wash the fenders they make noise like a clunk noise when pressed. If someone were to tap me my bumper would fall off and be ripped apart. Other then all that I love love love how the car looks inside and out. Hope we can get some help on this problem. This is my first brand new car ever and am proud of. I just hoped for more out of it. I loved my 2006 mustang that was solid. To break it down, I do not get even close to the mpg, and the body on my 2015 Mustang is not very solid or secure feeling.

I was driving my 2002 Mustang GT with 74,000 miles at 65 miles an hour. A spark plug on the right side of the engine let go and went through the coil and dented the hood of the car. I contacted the local Ford dealership. They said they have no responsibility for this issue. They would be happy to fix the problem at a cost of close to $1000.00. How does a well-maintained engine just let go of a spark plug?

My "certified" 2010 Mustang turned out to have been a rental car before I bought it and this was not disclosed. When I found out via Car Fax ( which I should have checked before purchasing the car) initially the dealer denied it until I threatened to report them to DMV. They settled by honoring my request for a free remote starter. The blender actuator door was repaired a few months after I bought the car in 2012. It is in need of repair again and the Extended warranty does not cover it. Dealer wont make good on it as the part is only guaranteed for one year. It will cost around $700 to be repaired. Worse yet now the passenger side carpets get flooded every time it rains. Also leaks are not covered under extended warranty. Convertible top elastic strap connected to the support lever arms frayed to the point it looked like it would snap off. Cannot be repaired. Cost of new top around $2700. Also not covered under extended warranty.

Rear window defroster connector part detached by itself. Not covered by ext. warranty either. Well the good news is I repaired the convertible top all by myself with a needle and thread. I watched some Youtube videos and plan to investigate the source of the leaks and change the cabin filter while attempting to find all the places Ford has installed plugs. Nice way to spend Fourth of July weekend and my birthday. I am not a mechanic. I am a female social worker who doesn't like to break a nail and knows nothing about cars. I just can't get an appointment now or take time off work next week to have the source of the leaks checked. So much for my "certified" Premium 2010 Mustang convertible.

Ford Mustang Company Profile