Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
3.96/5
Based on 27 reviews that contain star ratings

Ford Fusion

The Ford Fusion was first introduced in 2006 and can last more than 15 years when well-maintained. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

27 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I am left stranded without a car! My 2015 Ford Fusion is not drivable due to my gear is stuck in park. This is my only transportation and dealership said it will take 3 days to get to it!! I bought this car brand new for reliable transportation and this what I get. Bad customer care and customer service!! Bad customer experience!! No car and possibly no job!! Thanks Ford Motor Company!!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

2016 Ford Fusion/Recall of shift cable bushings. Bumper to bumper extended warranty - contacted local Ford dealership, referred me to Ford roadside assistance for a tow to their dealership. I was charged $59 for a tow that is not a result of any wrongdoing on my part. I was informed by the dealership that I will be responsible for having the issue fixed out of my pocket, then be reimbursed by Ford at some point, since the parts for the recall are available... but not for the actual "recall". I was also told that I would not be provided a loaner vehicle. If I needed a vehicle I would have to more than likely rent one. Fortunately my additional warranty covered it. I've always been satisfied with Ford products and this issue is sickening. I feel as a Ford owner I was left holding the bag and paying anything out of pocket on a recalled product is not good business.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Like many people of my generation, I grew up with American-made cars and my own first cars, some new and some used, were American-made - Fords, Chevrolets, and a Pontiac. I made the switch to Japanese-made cars (Honda and Toyota) in the early eighties, and I drove hundreds of thousands of miles over several decades with hardly any maintenance costs beyond routine servicing. My parents stayed with American cars, and they would routinely tell with about their cars going in for repairs.

After my father passed away, my mother made the switch. Her last car was a used Camry and it never cost her a dime beyond routine servicing. But American cars gradually improved, and in 2013 I found a Ford Fusion Energi. It did have a couple of electrical problems early on, but they were covered by warranty. Then, two months ago at about 100,000 miles, the touchscreen went out. It took the Ford garage two weeks to get the part ($1,400) and after a few days, the screen went out again. Three weeks more have now passed, new parts have not arrived, and I have been without my car for 31 days. Two weeks ago I bought a new Honda. Lesson learned.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I like my Ford Fusion's nice sound system, great technology package, sporty attractive look, nice wheels, all wheel drive, white exterior, leather interior, and turbo engine. The Gas mileage isn't as great as I thought it would be but it is better than my last car. Also, it gets dirty easily and the sport tires suck in the snow. The seats could be more comfortable, too. But overall, the car is excellent, reliable, stylish, clean lines, fast, high tech, and easy to park. Car body is attractive as well.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My Fusion has been easy to maintain but I do think it is starting to get some wear and tear. The tires wore out and brakes wore out fast. Also some of the interior is not made well. The driver door panel snaps broke and I am having difficulty finding a replacement within my budget. The spoiler on the trunk also busted when I closed my trunk the wrong way. Even so, it get really good gas mileage. I also like that it's small but spacious. It's a V6 so it has the get up and go that I like but not too much that I can't control it. The seats lay down so I can fit almost anything in it. Overall it is a really pretty car. The exterior has really held up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Fusion?

Original review: June 21, 2018

I loved my 2014 Ford Fusion, the look and features. It was a gorgeous blue color, ran great and was great on gas mileage. It also had a great factory sound system and touchscreen on the dash. We were able to get financing for the car and it was overall a great purchase. The automatic roll up and down on the windows was a little sensitive. But other than that I really loved everything about the car.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My experience of this car has been very good. I love My Ford car and would not go to another model sedan of any other model. Ford has outdone itself. I like everything about my car and has very good gas mileage and a safe car as well. Way to go Ford. Keep up the good work.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I love Ford Fusion! It is so smooth riding, reliable and comfortable and was a great price too. I also like its design and look. Moreover, I feel very safe driving this car and can hardly feel the bumps on the road when driving it. Additionally, it gets a lot of mileage per gallon. It also has a great navigation system, Sirius radio and all kinds of upgrades from what I am use to having. Overall, it is absolutely fantastic.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I really like my Ford Fusion. It is the Titanium and has a turbo boost engine. It is black with sparkles. It is a four door coupe and has a sunroof. But it needs to have better headrests and easier functions.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I was trying to purchase a used vehicle with limited funds, while only wanting to pay cash and not have monthly payments to worry about. This car was offered to me by a relative at a very fair purchase price. I did not want to have a very reliable and dependable car traded in for something else, when I was in desperate need of good transportation. This car has gotten me on long drives many times over the course of my owning and driving it. Dependable and great on gas. However, I did not like the constant troubles with tires needing aid. I really wish this car came with better features than it does have. There are so many new and improved features on vehicles these days that I really would like to have in this vehicle. Otherwise, I am satisfied pretty much overall in terms of the features I currently have available to me and I would definitely recommend this car.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Great in the winter because of AWD. It also handles great in summer thunderstorms. Comfortable, smooth ride. Great fuel efficiency and enough new technology to keep things interesting without being overwhelming. Heated seats are a treat. However, it rides a bit low which makes me cautious while going up and down steep driveways. Color shows dirt way too much. Defrost runs at an odd angle that dries my eyes out after 5 minutes.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have enjoyed the reliability of the Ford Fusion and I might buy another one. I like the smooth drive, the gas mileage that I save and the tires that came with the car. I also like the amount of gas I can put into my tank at one time and the overall space for seating. It can fit four people comfortably and has enough trunk space. Although I wish it would accelerate more quickly. Can be very slow when making a turn and getting up to speed. This is the only issue I have with this car. Everything else is fine.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Ford Fusion is ok. I had a very good experience. I like that it's compact. Big enough for me and my daughter. It's good on gas. It's not too costly. I also had light and inexpensive work. It's easy to park too. Moreover, I like the radio color. Other than that, I don't like that there's no gas cap. Still, I like my 2011 car and would like to upgrade to a newer model.

Original review: June 9, 2018

The car has a classy look and a lot of features. I haven't had any major issues with the vehicle in two years. I like the internal GPS, Bluetooth and the key code on the door. I chose this because it's a Ford and for safety reasons. We also needed more space, since we had a kid on the way. But some of the features are frustrating. I dislike the voice command feature because it never recognizes what I'm actually saying. I also dislike how the directions and driving portion is set up. It's complicated and frustrating. There are also large businesses that don't show up in the GPS, which have been around for years. If I don't have an address, I have to drive blind.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I purchased my FORD FUSION especially for the sync navigation package. A few months ago when I tried to get directions using my service, there was a recording stating that the service was no longer available. When I called FORD they basically told me they had no other options and to use my phone's navigation. I loved that service and I feel so disappointed. They sold me on something that I can no longer use!

Original review: April 29, 2018

My 2013 Ford Fusion rocks! I’ve never had a moment’s trouble with it. I get about 40 mph and drive it a lot! It looks good, drives well, is economical, and is reliable with all amenities. No complaints here!

Original review: April 28, 2018

Ford Fusion has fair value. I had to do a major repair at 90000 miles and some of the interior is cheaply made. But, it has decent performance for a four cylinder and decent gas mileage.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Love my Ford Fusion. It looks and drives great, but the one thing is it does not get the gas mileage it should. It does have the turbo engine and is listed as getting 22 mpg city and 33 highway. No way, it gets about 21 city but only about 28 highway.

Original review: April 26, 2018

My Ford Fusion is just a great mid-size car. I was a little disappointed in the gas mileage, nothing terrible but just not as good as I expected. Other than that, it's been very low maintenance, it's a 2009, and I hope that continues.

Original review: April 25, 2018

My Ford Fusion Energy has plenty of leg room, sleek design, comfortable, electronic commands and perfect, large screen. Also, rich design and good view of outside. But it has a small trunk, issues with charging, max 22 miles on a charge. 565 miles on a tank driving 140 miles 5 days a week.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I bought this 2010 Fusion Hybrid in 2013 and have had only two problem areas, brakes wearing quicker than expected and a minor fuel system issue. It rides and handles well and is comfortable for five. On long trips the mileage is very good with summer mpg hovering close to 40. Around town in the summer, I average close to 45. While a northern Maine winter drops the around town mpg to the upper 20s. Display is adequate, blind spot monitoring works well as the view out the rear and sides is smaller than I'd like. I would buy this vehicle again.

Original review: April 19, 2018

The Ford Fusion's sync system is terrible and fuel performance poor. Has cheap seating, wears tires out fast, and too low to the ground. Feel and hear road noise. Does not hold value.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I've only had Ford Fusion for 1 month and driven 300 miles but outside of being too high tech I love everything about it. I've always had good results with Ford products.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Our Ford Fusion provides a 26.6 MPG and a great ride based upon it's model build. The trunk space is very good as well as the car inside. The performance has been very good with no glitches.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I've found the extras included in this car (2014 Fusion) extremely helpful. For example when desiring to change the temperature, audio and various other choices, there is no need to take your eyes off the road, just tell the car what you want and it responds. No fiddle with the touch screen necessary which is dangerous for your eye movement. The interior is very comfortable with leather seating and very handy arm storage area. Good design and good mileage.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

2012 fusion SEL v6 28000 miles and no problems. Lots of power and great gas mileage. Best car I've owned. Nice ride steers like a Ferrari. Great power pushes you back in the seat when you step on it. Great Sony surround sound stereo system.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

The Ford Fusion is really great! I've had no problems in the 2 years I've owned mine. My experience with Ford has been great. The Ford Fusion is dependable, great on gas, comfortable and I have not had any problems with it.

Ford Fusion Company Information