3.93/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford Fusion

The Ford Fusion was first introduced in 2006 and can last more than 15 years when well-maintained. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

30 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 2, 2019

We bought the Fusion new in 2013 as a reliable car after our first daughter was born. It was the first year for the new model. A month and a half after purchasing the car, it dead stopped in the middle of the highway with me, my mom, brother, sister and 8 month old baby! We were left to wait for a tow truck in the middle of the highway and had they did not offer to send someone to pick us, or at least a few of us and the baby, up. We have had at least 10 recalls done and for the first year and a half, we were in a rental/loaner car more than in our own vehicle! Customer service was a joke at the dealership unless we became angry.

Now, we just had to have another recall done on the coolant sensor. Took it in for the day. Picked it up, drove to work the next day and we're stranded forty minutes from our house because there was no coolant. They told my husband to drive it to a gas station and put coolant in and go home, and that they would look at it first thing Monday (this happened in a Friday). They did not offer a loaner. Took it in Monday to find that while doing the recall, they been the gasket and caused the coolant to leak. They took the car Monday to fix it. We could not get ahold of anyone to give us updates until 30 minutes before they closed! My husband went to pick it up, and it broke down on the way home! They told my husband to call a few tow companies and have the car towed.

They did not offer to set up a tow or a ride home. They were not able to give us a loaner car Monday night since they were about to close-suggested we take part of the morning off until they could get us one. Customer service was horrible and unworkable! They suggested I come in with my two small kids to get a car the next morning. Only after demanding that they bring a car to my house the next day, did they agree. I spent the entire next day trying to get through to figure out what was going on with my car. No call back and they weren't even answering the phone! What a horrible way to treat a customer! I guess since we no longer owe them money, and this was their fault do we aren't paying for it, they don't care and we get pushed to the side. Overall, I'm highly dissatisfied with the car, company and dealership!

Original review: June 15, 2019

I have a almost one year old Ford Fusion Energi. I was not having a good expectations but contrary it is overall very nice car. I am writing on a one year perspective. It has a very good spacious interior, brilliant colour combination and design. Actually its seating is better than Camry. Only the marketing difference and Ford's inability to enter the Asian community the real obstacle. The Energi I have is one of its kind, they did almost everything with this. Only thing they have to do is increase the kilometre on battery and trunk space. Instead as all American companies with marketing failure they are running away to SUV. Tesla and others are coming out with SUV and truck so run again to something else and finally die as GM.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2019

We bought the car new in 2006 and I was a little worried buying the first year model. Fast forward to 2019 and 128K miles and we just had our first repair. The water pump was looking bad and the power steering pump was starting to leak. While they were at it they also replaced the valve cover gaskets and one power steering hose. While all the repairs (at the dealership) were done by appointment... it did cost almost as much as the car is worth. However, did not want to start over with an unknown in a used car so we dumped the money into it and all is good. I like the ride and handling of it and the V6 is plenty powerful. The only thing I don't like about Ford cars are the value drops like a rock. I think it has held up well since it has low mileage and garage kept.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I am left stranded without a car! My 2015 Ford Fusion is not drivable due to my gear is stuck in park. This is my only transportation and dealership said it will take 3 days to get to it!! I bought this car brand new for reliable transportation and this what I get. Bad customer care and customer service!! Bad customer experience!! No car and possibly no job!! Thanks Ford Motor Company!!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

2016 Ford Fusion/Recall of shift cable bushings. Bumper to bumper extended warranty - contacted local Ford dealership, referred me to Ford roadside assistance for a tow to their dealership. I was charged $59 for a tow that is not a result of any wrongdoing on my part. I was informed by the dealership that I will be responsible for having the issue fixed out of my pocket, then be reimbursed by Ford at some point, since the parts for the recall are available... but not for the actual "recall". I was also told that I would not be provided a loaner vehicle. If I needed a vehicle I would have to more than likely rent one. Fortunately my additional warranty covered it. I've always been satisfied with Ford products and this issue is sickening. I feel as a Ford owner I was left holding the bag and paying anything out of pocket on a recalled product is not good business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Fusion?

Original review: July 1, 2018

Like many people of my generation, I grew up with American-made cars and my own first cars, some new and some used, were American-made - Fords, Chevrolets, and a Pontiac. I made the switch to Japanese-made cars (Honda and Toyota) in the early eighties, and I drove hundreds of thousands of miles over several decades with hardly any maintenance costs beyond routine servicing. My parents stayed with American cars, and they would routinely tell with about their cars going in for repairs.

After my father passed away, my mother made the switch. Her last car was a used Camry and it never cost her a dime beyond routine servicing. But American cars gradually improved, and in 2013 I found a Ford Fusion Energi. It did have a couple of electrical problems early on, but they were covered by warranty. Then, two months ago at about 100,000 miles, the touchscreen went out. It took the Ford garage two weeks to get the part ($1,400) and after a few days, the screen went out again. Three weeks more have now passed, new parts have not arrived, and I have been without my car for 31 days. Two weeks ago I bought a new Honda. Lesson learned.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I like my Ford Fusion's nice sound system, great technology package, sporty attractive look, nice wheels, all wheel drive, white exterior, leather interior, and turbo engine. The Gas mileage isn't as great as I thought it would be but it is better than my last car. Also, it gets dirty easily and the sport tires suck in the snow. The seats could be more comfortable, too. But overall, the car is excellent, reliable, stylish, clean lines, fast, high tech, and easy to park. Car body is attractive as well.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My Fusion has been easy to maintain but I do think it is starting to get some wear and tear. The tires wore out and brakes wore out fast. Also some of the interior is not made well. The driver door panel snaps broke and I am having difficulty finding a replacement within my budget. The spoiler on the trunk also busted when I closed my trunk the wrong way. Even so, it get really good gas mileage. I also like that it's small but spacious. It's a V6 so it has the get up and go that I like but not too much that I can't control it. The seats lay down so I can fit almost anything in it. Overall it is a really pretty car. The exterior has really held up.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I really like my Ford Fusion. It is the Titanium and has a turbo boost engine. It is black with sparkles. It is a four door coupe and has a sunroof. But it needs to have better headrests and easier functions.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I was trying to purchase a used vehicle with limited funds, while only wanting to pay cash and not have monthly payments to worry about. This car was offered to me by a relative at a very fair purchase price. I did not want to have a very reliable and dependable car traded in for something else, when I was in desperate need of good transportation. This car has gotten me on long drives many times over the course of my owning and driving it. Dependable and great on gas. However, I did not like the constant troubles with tires needing aid. I really wish this car came with better features than it does have. There are so many new and improved features on vehicles these days that I really would like to have in this vehicle. Otherwise, I am satisfied pretty much overall in terms of the features I currently have available to me and I would definitely recommend this car.

Ford Fusion Company Information