2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.99/5

The Ford Fusion was first introduced in 2006 and can last more than 15 years when well-maintained. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Ford Fusion Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Fusion?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Fusion?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I bought a 2016 Ford Fusion from ford about 2 years ago. One day I was driving on the highway and my car started shaking and engine light turned on. Pulled into the nearly parking spot and had it towed. The tech drove my car down the road, it was shaking, smell of fuel out of the exhaust, hesitation and lack of power. Also check engine light was blinking. He replaced the spark plugs, and cleaned the injectors, but was advised to replace engine. Got a second opinion, they advised me that ford has acknowledged the problem but is advising to replace engine. I called ford, and their customer service team advised there are no programs my car would fall into because my car is TWO THOUSAND MILES OVER WARRANTY. Ford refuses to help and now I’m out of a car I still owe $14,000 on. Engine replacement with labor is $7,000. I could NOT recommend buying a Ford anything.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Our 2013 Ford Fusion hybrid titanium has 233,000 miles and is still going strong. We are looking to buy a 2020 and pass the 2013 to our daughter. We have never had a problem with this car and I’ve only had to do the normal maintenance and replace tires.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I've had a 2013 Lincoln Mkz base with high mileage and decided to trade up to a 2019 Ford Fusion titanium. Glad I did. Got all the bells and whistles I wanted without breaking the bank. Android auto simplified using navigation/sirius tremendously by using Google voice commands, which I am used to. AC is real cold, leather seats are very comfortable on long rides, radio blasts and adaptive cruise control practically makes the car drive itself. Also since I owned Ford products, I do not need to spend on costly/frequent repairs. These cars rock and am glad I bought one this year.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

The Ford Fusion is a very easy driving car. It works wear in the snow especially when it's bad weather outside. I would recommend anyone to purchase a Ford fusion SE or a Titanium or Hydride. It is a force to be reckoned with.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I was the owner of a 2016 Ford Fusion. Ford announced an air bag recall. I repeatedly contacted Ford Motor Company and the dealer starting on the day after receipt of the recall notice. They informed me that replacements were not available and I would just have to wait. They refused to offer a replacement, a loaner or a reasonable trade. After nine months of driving under fear of injury I traded the car in at a Ford dealership for $3000 less than the blue book value for a car in pristine condition. I would not do a private sale because of the defect. A broker advised me that they would not buy it because of the open recall and that the open recall reduced the value of the car. The Ford representative at the pre-trial meeting refused to provide any compensation.

The mediator who met with us and Ford discouraged us from continuing the suit, saying that we could not possibly win. We foolishly dropped the suit, not wanting to incur court costs if we lost. (I believe, in retrospect that the mediator may have been in cahoots with Ford and regret our decision to back down.) Ford motor company continued to manufacture new vehicles with air bags while failing to address the needs of existing customers and failing to address a safety issue in a timely manner. Their legal department and consumer relations department does not take responsibility for and remedy valid customer complaints.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I have owned it for 8 years and all I have had to do other than oil, gas and tires is replace two tail light bulbs. AWD is wonderful for winter. Unfortunate that they have removed this wonderful car from their sales list. A comfortable nicely sized sedan.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Got a call from Kyle that Ford was able to offer a good price on a lease. From start to finish he was honest, affirming, and eager to be helpful. He synced my cell phone to the car which would have been challenging for me and altogether I am pleased.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The hybrid version we own is amazing. The surprising power and the gas mileage is great. The interior is made well and seems to hold up. The large touch screen and camera combo is beautiful. I recommend these cars at this price range. Just test drive first.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

My Fusion handles and drives pretty well. I get good gas mileage. I have 2013 and I have never had major repairs. I keep it serviced on a regular basis. The trim and many other accessories are cheap. I had to glue on some loose trim. The windshield wipers are awful. They squeak and skip. I have replaced them with different brands and they still don’t work well. They perfected windshield wipers 50 years ago. Ford hasn’t found out yet. There are rattling noises in the interior that I have never been able to assess. I think it’s inside the door. There is no way to use Bluetooth to listen to music. The car speakers sound awful. Because of the things, I may buy from a different manufacturer for my next car. With all this said, it’s been a very reliable car.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

The 2015 Ford Fusion S has a nice look and the cost was reasonable. The seats are comfortable and it gets fantastic gas mileage. The negatives are the engine is very loud especially when running the air and the backup camera sound went out within a couple of months. The transmission has been rough since the beginning. There is a center monitor by it is not touchscreen and when playing music from my phone it does not say what song is playing. The Sync is maddening. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Ford Fusion Company Information