Ford F-150

Ford F-150 Reviews

About Ford F-150

One of the most well-known trucks on the market, the Ford F-150 is a light-duty truck. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Ford F-150 Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-150?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-150?

Reviewed June 10, 2024

2018 ford f150 fx4 3.5 ecoboost with every bell and whistle. It’s an absolute hunk of garbage. 4 wheel drive stranded me one foot away from pavement with “4 wheel drive temporarily disabled”. A 2 wheel drive truck pulled me out. Can’t unlatch the seats to get to the tire change stuff. Can’t unlatch them even with a rope or a prybar. Unbelievable.

Air conditioner stopped working at 65k miles. It just stopped blowing cold. The smartrack system is crap. If you ever get stuck, you’re gonna need a wrecker. This crap applies the brakes every time the wheels spin. Trash. The front end is crap. Zero hard service yet we have had the front end aligned several times. It’s undrivable above 70. Literal garbage. You can’t use tire chains on this ford. Not so all. There isn’t enough clearance for them. Tire chains will destroy your front end. Don’t buy a ford f150. It has a plastic oil pan and a plastic transmission pan. Plastic. Junk. I’ve owned 15 or 16 ford trucks. This is my last one for sure.

Customer ServiceCoveragePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 7, 2024

My F150 started having 4wd issues with engaging/disengaging underneath 10k miles. I took the truck into the dealership and they said that there was nothing wrong and "they couldn't repeat the issue." Fast forward a few years and 3 months, 4K miles over warranty. I took the truck back in for the same 4wd issue (Dealership in Milwaukee WI, Versus Neenah WI this time), as well as a transmission slamming issue in low gears that has been going on for several years. They magically were able to find the issues once warranty has expired!! Now I am asking Ford to help cover the damages that have been reported.

As I write this review on 5/6/2024, my case has been with Ford Corporate since 4/29/2024. I have not had a car for over six weeks, no answer from management on financial assistance (Not Even a No!!!!). I have had my friend who owns a mechanic shop also look up components for this truck, and it turns out the 10 speed transmission is the most looked up component for these vehicles. It sure is Weird... and the fact they say "issues not found under warranty aren't covered." How is it the customer's fault that incompetent service departments can't "replicate" and issue? Mechanics all go through the same certification process do they not??

Additionally, the rep who has been assigned to my case called two days in a row to tell me she just "escalated the paperwork with her manager today". She must have watched ground hogs day one too many times... She never calls back when she says she will, missed several emails to escalate paperwork, as well as messed up on the paperwork for helping to resolve the issue. I could not speak worse about Ford. Save yourself some time and skip over their vehicles. Ford Does not care about their customers or their quality.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer Service

Reviewed April 22, 2024

I have had several issues with my 2023 f150. Truck tries to shift to 4wd while driving all the time. Over 409 times in first 6000 miles. Dealer won't attempt repair because Ford says they don't have a fix for it. Vehicle has shifted to park while driving. Windows won't roll up. E brake issues. Major electronic issues. I could go on and on. Tried to get ford to buy it back but they said the dealer can't duplicate the problems. Total lies because they won't give me a copy of my appt. or send me emails after my appointments. Looks like chevy and toyota are getting a new customer for me and my family's vehicles.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed Nov. 13, 2023

Bought a brand new 2022 F150 limited. Sales man was great. Sale was great. However that all changed drastically once I had the truck. Service has been a nightmare. Have booked my truck in multiple times, weeks in advance for simple service maintenance. Dropped the truck off at 7:00 am. Called around 4:00pm as service closes at 5:00pm only to be told that they never got around to my truck. Always asked if they could have it for 2-3 days to do simple maintenance, with no loaner provided.

Additionally, it only has 20,000km on it. First cold weather of the season, the back tail light cracked and moisture got in. $3000!!! Bill to me as apparently it's not covered under warranty. Called Ford customer service and they said “the policy is cracks are not covered, we can’t do anything”. 0% loyalty or support. Wasn’t even asking for full coverage but anything as there is no damage to it, simply poor quality on the manufacturing. Strongly advise anyone looking to buy one to turn and run. Have family members who have Toyotas and 0 issues with any of their trucks. Wish I would have listened to them before I bought Ford. All I can do now is share my story and hope it helps people think twice.

Reviewed Oct. 1, 2023

2020 F150 failed an oil consumption test as it guzzles 1-2 quarts every 1000 miles or less. Needs a new engine which is on backorder. Ford knew of this problem with the engine and tried to cover it up, looks up class action lawsuits! They will have my vehicle for over a year and they are just telling me to wait, they are not responsible. I will NEVER buy a Ford again and you shouldn’t either.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed June 21, 2023

It is a shame that ford has known issues with timing chain stretch and will not do a recall! Their work around this issue is a TSB even has all the parts needed to fix fords problems that is a joke! My 2013 f150 3.5 ecoboom had 87000 thousand miles on it and now this junk transmission threw a wrench mode at 78 miles per hour!!! Thankfully I was lucky enough to get off the highway. That is just plain poor craftsmanship on Ford's behalf! So looks like the transmission is cooked due to poor design and flawed lead frame! Again this should be on ford but just another TSB and screw the customer! This will be my last ford I will purchase as they refuse to stand behind what they sell! Junk trucks with way too many issues and no help from Ford. What a Joke..

Coverage

Reviewed Feb. 24, 2023

My husband and I have owned Ford vehicles for over 20 years and my Uncle actually owned a Ford dealership for over 30 years. After the experience we have had with my husband’s truck and my Ford Edge within the same month, I can assure you I will NEVER buy a Ford again! My husband’s F-150 3.5 liter Eco boost truck has only 70,000 miles and all at once everything started going wrong! These codes started going off:

PO172 (system too rich)
      PO016 (crankshaft camshaft correlation)
      Bank 1 sensor A
      PO299 (turbo under boost)
      Cam phaser

Emergency break locked up

Our truck’s warranty was for only 60,000 miles, so of course none of this repair work will be covered! This is on top of my Ford Edge with only 60,000 miles having major transmission issues within the same month! I don’t know how anyone can afford to buy these vehicles and then pay for all the major repairs related to Ford vehicles. Ford, please recall the 2014 F-150 3.5 L eco boost for these codes!

Price

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2023

I have a 2018 F150 with the 3.5 eco boost engine. I had to have the cam phasers rebuild/replaced at 26k miles. I am now at 75k and the truck is doing the same thing. I see tons of issues online with same issues but yet don’t see anything being done to solve the issue. I am a lifelong customer. I have owned and drove a Ford of some kind since I was 18. I cannot believe that Ford knows about this issues with this engine yet won’t do anything to fix them. I am now being told the cost will be in the thousands to fix the issue that should have been fixed on the first warranty fix instead of putting the same parts in that are causing the issue to begin with. Ford, I think you will be losing a loyal and lifelong customer because of this. I am one of your greatest advocates when the Ford vs others conversations are started. I am starting to think that this was a mistake.

Price

Reviewed Sept. 29, 2022

I took my truck (F150 Raptor) to have heater core replaced, I informed the service department that there was also an issue with the transmission that needed to be looked at and a a/c issue. They fixed the heater core, however, that was all. After driving the truck off and traveling 10 miles all sorts of alarms went off, causing the truck to become disabled and non functioning. Cost of repair was over $2,800.00 several attempts to contact the service manager and even the store owner resulted in NOTHING. Bad service and bad dealership, they do not care about their customers!

Reviewed Oct. 4, 2021

Since we bought our brand new 2017 F-150 XL, we have had to bring it in time and time again for both electrical and mechanical issues. When a vehicle has so many issues right out the gate, there should be something to protect the consumers and the company should make it right‼

Ford F-150 Company Information