3.28/5
Based on 67 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Ford F-150

One of the most well-known trucks on the market, the Ford F-150 is a light-duty truck. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

288 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

In early 2016 had 95000km on truck (2011 F150 3.5 L EcoBoost). Complained to dealership service rep at that time about no pick up in the truck. Had the extended warranty up to Aug 2016. Service rep started to get irate and stated, "This EcoBoost engine is great and there have never been problems." Now 2018 with only 119,000 km on the truck and the timing chain needs to be replaced. Ford will not pay but dealership is paying for some of the cost to replace timing chain. Had a Ford Focus station wagon with 120,000km from 2005 to 2011 with no problems. I traded it in for the EcoBoost F150. Bad decision.

Original review: June 28, 2018

2012 F150 Lariat: Worst experience ever. First I had electrical issues at 60,000 km. The truck turned off while I was driving, I lost all breaking and steering. It was the scariest moment of my life while driving. I was lucky not to die or crash the vehicle. $3500.00 later no warranty. Next at 120,000km, my timing chain broke, $4000.00 to get that fixed and the shop said, "Oh yeah that happens all the time." Also the truck has cold break issues, what I mean is the breaks don't work when you first start to drive, also super scary when you live in the mountains, I almost went off a cliff 3 times (would have died if I didn't get lucky with a down tree to stop me. DO NOT GET A FORD TRUCK.

Ford F-150 288 Reviews (with Ratings) | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: June 28, 2018

Thanks to the electric adjustments of the steering wheel, seat and pedals, it is very easy to find the ideal position and the one that best suits you to drive. The large windows and the already characteristic cut of the Wolf (F-150) in the window of the driver and passenger work very well to have a panoramic view in any direction, something very necessary in a vehicle of its dimensions. Finally, it is not that you need it, but the panoramic awning gives you a feeling of greater interior spaciousness.

Obviously one of the biggest and most representative changes of this new generation of Lobo is the aluminum body, but the revolution does not stop there because although we still find versions with the 5.0L V8 engine called "Coyote", the big bet of the brand is the replacement of the same by the 3.5L EcoBoost V6 that relies on a pair of turbos to increase the torque figure and match the delivery curve, two things that are indispensable in a vehicle load and/or drag. I like that my car is an off-road vehicle, which due to work and travel conditions allows me to travel comfortably and be able to carry my work implements all the time, which allows it to be more profitable for the company.

Original review: June 27, 2018

45 days ago my Ford F-150 Platinum had an issue with the air conditioner going off, radio stuck on, blind spot malfunctions, tire pressure malfunctions, key detector malfunction, running boards won’t come out, windows won’t roll down, door locks won’t work, and many more issues. Brought it to dealership and it still sits there broken. They changed a module and a sensor and now they say it needs a different module that’s on a National back order. No estimated time of when it will be fixed. Truck just made a year old and only has 15,000 miles. Very dissatisfied and this has turned me completely off of Ford vehicles.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Ford F-150 - This has been one of the best trucks I have ever owned. The EcoBoost motor is fantastic with the 3.5 liter engine. I have the max tow package of 12,200 lbs in a short bed and pull a 12,000 lb 5th wheel and on open ground. It is effortless for it to pull. I would highly recommend this truck over a Dodge or Chevrolet as it is far ahead of both in new technology.

Now for a problem. Ford has found it necessary to use cheap chrome capped lug nuts on their chrome rims. Meaning it is a steel lug nut with a cap that remains on even while removing them from the wheel. What this does is the cap takes damage every time your wheels are rotated and after about 5 to 8 wheel rotations the lug nuts are no good anymore. If you put them back on and have a flat on the side of the road you may not be able to remove them. Ford wants over $175 for a set of 24. Come on FORD you can't use regular all steel chrome plated lug nuts!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-150?

Original review: June 21, 2018

My Ford F-150 is a good reliable vehicle with an overall appealing look. It has a lot of amenities that are nice and it's a quiet smooth ride. It's comfortable and the interior is spacious with plenty of room for our family. The folding center front seat/console is convenient for my large family. But has some issues with door locks. The key fob replacements are expensive and when the body control module went out it was not fun to replace. Still, it was definitely worth taking to the dealer for this specific problem. I have traded vehicles many times but I don't want to trade this one.

Original review: June 21, 2018

My husband needs something we are able to haul his boat and when he cuts wood he needs something that he can use to throw wood in the back of the truck. I like the car for the most part and I like that it will fit all three of my kids car seats. It can haul things because the other 2 vehicles we have we are not able to haul. wood with. We bought it from a used car dealership and the guy said that he had drove it for a few weeks and didn't have any problems with the truck. But the radio does not work and it stopped working soon after we bought it. Only had it for 15 days before it stopped working.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Ford is a wonderful brand and the Ford F-150 is a very well made truck. It's sturdy, and the year model has some pretty good features. There's a lot of room as well. I love the colors of the truck. It's two tone. However, this truck must of been in a car accident. It has had many issues. We have had to do a lot of work to this truck. I also wish this truck had a longer bed and that it had a touchscreen and heated seats as well. But other than that, it's a wonderful truck.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My husband and I are thrilled with our F150. We love its towing capability as well and the spacious interior. The truck is comfortable to ride in and feels very safe in all weather conditions. We feel we have gotten a good bang for our buck with the technology in this truck. We feel that other brands charge you for upgrades that come as standard features in Ford vehicles. Some of these features include Apple CarPlay, a large touchscreen and backup camera, and an awesome GPS feature.

However, this truck does not have Sirius Radio capability which we would strongly prefer. We also would most likely pick a more upgraded interior in our next truck. This truck has rubber floor which is awesome for cleaning purposes but it always looks dirty. It would be great if they found a way to make these floors from showing all the dust and dirt between cleans. But other than that, our decision to purchase a Ford F-150 is our loyalty to the Ford brand. In addition we truly feel that Ford trucks are the best available.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I would not give my F-150 (2007 FX4) a good rating for longevity and repair. I have a 5.4 liter V-8 and tune up at 90k was over $800.00 because spark plug design is such that the plugs break off into the cylinder head more times than not. One steering problem after another. I like to keep my vehicles for a long time but this Ford is making me go broke. Next truck will be a Chevy or Toyota!! Ford quality stinks!!

Original review: June 18, 2018

Have owned several vehicles of this model (Ford F-150) and have always had good experiences with this model. I feel safe in this truck and it is easy to see out and this makes it easier to drive. I like the GPS and running boards that fold in when doors are closed. Leather seats and a sliding glass roof made this model one of my top picks. I also like the color combination of interior and exterior. However, I dislike having to reset everything when the battery goes dead. The manual could be more user-friendly too. Could find what I needed in manual after searching for hours and finally called the dealership.

Original review: June 17, 2018

We are very happy with the Ford F-150 truck. In our business, we need a reliable vehicle and this car shots all our needs. It gets great gas mileage too. It is roomy in the front and back for all of us to sit comfortable as well. We could not be happier with our choice of vehicles. However, if we were to get another model, it will be a bigger model for the work we do. We seem to outgrow each model quicker than I thought that we would.

Original review: June 16, 2018

My cousin gave it to me. So I liked that it was free and also how high up it sits which gives me a greater field of vision and makes me feel safer than being in a smaller, shorter vehicle in this massive Denver Metro traffic. However, the seatbelts go across the front of my neck no matter how I adjust them and I'm 5'8"! I find myself having to twist it around twice by the buckle before buckling in or taking the shoulder belt and pulling it over my head and across the back of my seat and only driving with the lap belt for protection. It's a scary proposition in the traffic I have to drive in every day. Other than that, I love this truck!! It's very dependable and provides the income necessary to afford the high cost of living in the Denver Metropolitan area. I drive 200 miles a day and my truck now has over 380,000 miles on it and is still going strong.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have personally owned this make model of vehicle in the past and it has always met my every need. I live in an area that four wheel drive is needed so that makes this vehicle perfect. The options available for this vehicle are as wonderful as the vehicle itself. There are many features that I like about the Ford F-150 including the four wheel drive. Also the fact that I was able to get four doors and seating for five is wonderful. It's difficult to think of improving an already perfect vehicle without ruining it.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We purchased a Ford F-150 with the intent in using it for hauling large items and pulling a trailer. We have had it for 4 years and has been a great old truck for its age. We even bought a new windshield and it looks great again. Needs a paint job though. Overall, I am very impressed by this truck. It's old but it's tough and can last longer than a time. It has certainly earned its use. It's bittersweet because I love to hate that truck and I hate that I love it too.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I am very happy with my Ford F-150 Super Cab and it lives up to all the standards that I expect from the Fords. I am happy with the motor power and pulling ability. It is very good work truck. It has great towing power and can hold bigger loads. It has also been great for family time out and has a lot of room for the whole family. We go for outings a lot more now that we have enough room for everyone. This truck was made for a bigger family. It has become the best truck so far that I have owned. I also believe my next truck will also be a Ford series.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I just leased the Ford F-150 about 6 months ago. I absolutely love it! It is a little bigger than I expected, but it is so easy to drive! It is a really great truck. I also have a Ford Taurus and my Ford dealer has been great to me, so I continue to go back to them when I am looking for a vehicle. I love the look of the Ford trucks. But they are a little expensive, so maybe if they were a little cheaper it would be nice.

Original review: June 12, 2018

F-150 XL Ford is my new model from the Ford brand. I knew this brand so powerful from my coworker, he know what the best car ever exist in this year. Then I try to make some research first to see which model fit me the most. This model I choose because it got all the features I need in one place, more efficient and more potent. They include some co boost, and features like 10 speed, automatic transmission and auto start-stop tech. But it's too big which I more prefer medium. Sometimes this new model got something I dont like, it does not have some seat that feel more comfortable like the previous model. But this new car looks so perfect when driving thru.

Original review: June 11, 2018

The truck was great on gas and provided a comfortable ride. It made traveling out of town a great experience. Its short bed was exactly what I liked. It also had eco boost which helped with the gas that the truck used. The traction control helped when the weather is bad too. The short wheelbase was the right look for the vehicle that I prefer. In my opinion, it was a fantastic truck and I would recommend this model to people looking for a great vehicle.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My Ford F150 truck has been a great vehicle. One of the best I have owned. Very little maintenance and when it does need repairs so far it has been very affordable. I like the extended cab, body style and color. I wanted to try a Ford after driving GM and Chevy models for years. I remember the phrase "found on road dead", that was what Ford meant to the haters out there. But not true at all. Great vehicle to have and be proud to say you own one. But the back window started leaking water when it rains though. The bed detached about two inches from the cab for no reason at all. I should take it to the dealership and question what is going on with that situation. But I enjoy Ford products overall.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I bought it from my roommate's brother whose dad owned it and I got it as a work truck for my lawn care company. I chose this vehicle because it was a good work truck. It's a great, reliable and tough truck. It's very cheap and it was exactly what I needed. This vehicle had an extended cab with a third door and have a really powerful engine. It also had a back row. It was very affordable with power windows and a third door. However, the car windows stopped working and the air conditioner died on it. I would fix those and add a fourth door instead of just three.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have been driving Fords for over 40 years. Ford has always had issues with 2 things brakes on large vehicles and transmissions. I recently purchased a 2018 F-150 Platinum and the transmission went out. It scared the crap out of me when it happened. Dropped it off at the closest ford dealer and they said the valve shift body needed replacing so they did and still doesn't work so corporate had them tear transmission apart and said to replace more parts, Corporate again, not a new transmission. So I asked what guarantee this will fix and the reply is we hope it does. This is day 8 without my truck which is only 3 months old. Parts won't be at dealership until next week so 2 weeks minimum with no guarantee it will work. Ford customer service is no better they say we can only do what the repair engineers tell us to do. Don't buy Ford products because they, Ford, do not stand behind their products.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Reliable truck and comfortable. It is sturdy and has many luxury features such as Siri's radio heated steering wheel. Heated seats are nice in the winter and cooled in summer heat. The leather seats are easy to adjust as well. The back is large enough for hauling and is capped for golf clubs or luggage when traveling. The top Keeps things dry. The ride is smooth too. Nice truck for travel. All in all it is a great truck but a step to access the back could be helpful for older people. It didn't have side mirror alerts for side passing car alert. I would also like lower gas mileage and a lower price.

Original review: June 7, 2018

We are pleased with the gas mileage and the ride. The seats are comfortable and there is plenty of room in both the front and back seats. It has a tonneau cover over the bed that keeps things really dry. The car cooled down quickly in the summer and heats up fast in winter. However, it has been a little high to get into so we have had to use a step stool sometimes for some passengers. But there are pull up handles on each side in the front so that also helps to get in. It has been a great truck so far.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I purchased a used model and still it has great power. I currently have 150000 miles and my truck is still strong and drives so smooth. I wouldn't be as happy if I had choose a different car. I love the spacious seats and the power going up hills and through the snow. It has been great and reliable. Better gas mileage and maybe more AWD options would be nice though especially with living in a state with lots of snow. It would just help it be a more reliable vehicle.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I just love the Mercury Mountaineer & Ford F150 Crew Cab. Both are dependable, easily managed. Seating is great. Easy to drive and park, both of the autos. Both are keep in the garage. Easy on long trips.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Lifelong Ford Owner - not happy - Just bought a Ford F-150, V8 Gas motor, Lariat, with 10-speed transmission. The transmission shifting is unsteady and causes the truck to lurch continuously. Also, the engine backfires from time to time. It has been in the shop at the dealer for nearly a week, but they can't find the problem. Technicians have driven it and confirm that my complaint is valid. They don't see anything on their computers, so they don't know what to fix. I foresee a Lemon Law complaint on the not-too-distant horizon. I traded a 2014 F-150 FX4 Lariat for this one. Now I wish I had my old truck back.

Original review: May 20, 2018

The 2017 F150 is by far the worst vehicle I’ve ever owned. The truck has a terrible vibration at 45 mph, I’ve had it in the shop 6 times now and all the mechanic can say is it’s normal. Unless the check engine light comes on they won’t work on it because they don’t get paid to troubleshoot anymore.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I love my Ford F-150 4x4 with eco boost. The F150 seems to be quickly becoming America’s family “car” and with good reason. It rides like a luxury Car, handles well, and provides all the functionality you need to haul things, transport people and pets and gets great gas mileage. There is reason there are more Fords trucks on the road today than any other vehicle. They are built Ford tough and a Ford truck owner can expect to get so much more mileage out of one than other vehicles. I plan to drive mine for the next 20 years.

Original review: May 8, 2018

My Ford F-150 Sport, XLT 4x4 is my 5th F-150. Only 1 had to go in for a window regulator. Each time I get a new one it's better than the last. I do have to say the prices on all vehicles are ridiculously too high. Personally I lease so my payment isn't the same or close to my mortgage payment.

Ford F-150 Company Information