2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.00/5

One of the most well-known trucks on the market, the Ford F-150 is a light-duty truck. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Ford F-150 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-150?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-150?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I drove a 1997 Nissan Maxima for 20+years & put 207+K miles on it, at which point it began developing major issues (too long a story for this), so after wanting one for a long time, I found & traded for a 2016 Ford F-150 XLT crew cab, just a basic model w/o fancy trim & other stuff & absolutely love it. It had 36K miles on it when I got it, and I'm up to about 75K now. It's my daily driver, plus I tow a 20' runabout boat with it & so far, no issues. It handles everything like a champ. It rides great, tows great & performs great. My oldest daughter is in college & we've used it to move her a couple of times, so it's extremely handy for that. I change the engine air & cabin air filters myself but I have my local Ford dealer do oil changes (approx $45) every 5K or so. Very pleased with my Ford F-150XLT crew cab so far.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Of all the cars and trucks I've owned the Truck is amazing. The truck has a full size bed for easy hauling. It supports OBD2 and has air conditioning, Media included: CD, AM, FM. It also came with a personal navigation device. A map in the glove box.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I had a 1999 Ford F150 and loved it. I just sold it in the summer. That's why I went with a 2019 F150 and I'm not sorry. I love this truck, it has everything I wanted and more. I really like the power and pickup. The aluminum body is a huge plus, because I never have to worry about rust. I look forward to many happy years with my truck!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Very dependable. Great power in the 3.5 twin turbo motor. Great pulling capacity. Interior is very appealing leather seats. Very roomy. Plenty of leg room in the 4 door model. 4wd is very smooth. Can put in 4wd high on the go. Nice selection of wheels for the stylish look.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I have always been a Ford man and I will be until I am 6 feet under. Ford has the bells and whistles if that's what you prefer however they have muscle to do any job, if that is what you desire. I got my F-150 scaled down so I could do all of the added goodies as I wanted them, Ford can help you do that. Ford stands behind their product and you know what in a Ford versus Chevy, or Ram or Toyota My Ford is always on top. I said before Ford stands behind their Product and I stand behind my Ford.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Bought a new 2020 F-150 with only 10 miles on it from Performance Ford in Bountiful, Utah after my vehicle needed a $4k repair. Drove new vehicle to Darwin, Minn. to visit friends (1340 miles). Drive truck 2 days after arriving and it started to blow blue smoke out the tailpipe. Took truck to Holt Ford in Cokato, Mn; 8 days later discovered #3 cylinder was scarred. Ford decided to replace engine. Now, 19 days later, Ford says truck is ready to pick up but I have to drive several hundred miles before I tow my 2,000 lb. motorcycle trailer and bike back home. Having owned Ford vehicles before without any problems this is discerning. I’m now faced with driving 2300 miles home in a vehicle I have absolutely no confidence in. Feel like I’ve been bent over and you know what.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

As a previous owner of a landscaping company I quickly became a Chevy man after countless issues with Dodge and Ford trucks. Switching businesses I was forced into purchasing a Ford Transit 3500 with the 3.5 Ecoboost. I was pleasantly surprised with the torque and overall horsepower. Gas mileage wasn't too shabby at an average 14.5 miles per gallon.. For a high roof Euro style van that's decent. Since I no longer needed the van I found myself at a Ford dealer as no other dealer would give me a decent trade-in value with only 43k miles on the Transit Van.

Ford came through with a decent deal and I suddenly found myself in an f150 with the same 3.5 ecoboost motor. Since I no longer needed a van and do occasionally tow a lightweight camper, plus the great reviews on the gas mileage, horsepower and torque of the f150, I figured I would give Ford a chance to prove me wrong on my years of referring to Fords as "junk"... Unfortunately it looks like I was right all along.

I grabbed a leftover 2019 f150 max tow 4x4 with the 3.5. Gas mileage is good as long as you keep it on the slow sluggish "eco setting" which gets you approx. 20mpg. Any other setting and you're at 15 to 17mpg..tow a trailer and you are quickly down to 8 to 10mpg! The 10 speed transmission ruins any previous experience I had with the 3.5 ecoboost in the Transit with a 6 speed tranny. The f150 is constantly shifting making acceleration and braking extremely ODD for the lack of a better term.

The "truck" overall drives like an SUV. Acceleration is very boggy at first and then the turbo kicks in and your immediately thrown into an out of control acceleration. Does not feel like a truck AT ALL. The aluminum construction is a huge disappointed. The panels are flimsy, chintzy and cheaply made. The paint flakes off of the aluminum with as much as a strap from a backpack rubbing against it. All four door handles fell off the vehicle the very time I ran it through a car wash... The polymer type tops on bed and tops of bed rails easily gouges with as much as a mountain bike over the tailgate. Every piece of black plastic on the entire exterior is already showing signs of fading on a 8 month old truck with 20k miles.

The interior is no better. Cheap tacky carpet attracts dirt like flypaper. The tweed like fabric seats already are discolored and driver seat is showing sign of wear with creases and flattening of inner cushioning. The interior plastic/polymer scratches ..literally with the rubber sole of a tennis shoe..horrible! 20k miles and the truck already has a rough idle, a rough shift between 3rd and 4th, a loud bang every other time you start it and the horn is only half a horn now. I can not wait to get out of the Trash Can on Wheels! And I will most certainly lose big money because their trade-in value is horrible. I will bite the bullet as long as I can get outta this and into a real truck.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I purchased a brand new Ford F-150 in 2016 with a Ecoboost engine. At the 3000 mile mark the engine failed and had to be completely replaced. Fast forward to the 30,000 mile mark. The second engine failed and half the engine is being replaced as we speak. BEWARE OF FORD ECOBOOST ENGINES. THEY ARE JUNK.

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2020

After several months and just as many dealer drop offs Ford Customer Care did help resolve my flaking paint issue. Thank you Ford Motors for I was regretting switching brands. I've driven other brands as assigned work vehicles and Ford is #1 for a reason which is too clear if compared.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I'm experiencing huge paint failure on my 2015 F-150. Ford is refusing to fix even being within 5 years Unlimited Mileage corrosion warranty. Since truck is now aluminum Ford is washing their hands of the issue.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Bad transmission. I bought a 2015 Ford F-150 xlt with 5.0 engine. I was perfectly happy for a while and one day I went to pass someone and I accelerated in a manner that my transmission downshifted from 5th to 3rd and that’s when I noticed a loud noise. I studied it and learned about and when to reproduce the noise and went to the dealer to have it worked on. I drove and the technician rode with me and I reproduced the noise multiple times. The technician said he knew what it was and what to do. He contacted the main headquarters and did a few simple fixes that didn’t work and wanted me to schedule to drop my truck back off at a later date. I did what he asked and dropped the truck off at a later date. Ford had a fix for it. So we thought. He pulled the transmission and replaced a bunch of parts in the transmission. This was ford's ultimate fix for the problem and it went away for about 10,000 miles.

It returned this past week and I contacted Ford and the dealer with no resolution. There are no other fixes for this issue. Ford calls this problem “6-3, 5-3 downshift squawk” and it is very common. Ford denied me a buy back even though there are no other fixes for the issue and wants me to let the dealer attempt to repair again. Last time they had my truck for over a month waiting on back ordered parts. I have researched and found many people with the same problem with the year models ranging over 4+ years. I recommend staying away from these trucks. They have a transmission issue that can’t be fixed! I duplicate the noise by waiting until my transmission temperature is over 180-190 degrees and getting the truck to 5th gear and accelerating hard enough to drop the gear to 3rd. It happens on an incline at a higher reproducible rate but it’s not hard to reproduce on a flat road. Ford has been no help. They just expect me to be happy with a subpar truck.

Ford F-150 Company Information