2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

One of the most well-known trucks on the market, the Ford F-150 is a light-duty truck. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Ford F-150 Reviews

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I drove a 1997 Nissan Maxima for 20+years & put 207+K miles on it, at which point it began developing major issues (too long a story for this), so after wanting one for a long time, I found & traded for a 2016 Ford F-150 XLT crew cab, just a basic model w/o fancy trim & other stuff & absolutely love it. It had 36K miles on it when I got it, and I'm up to about 75K now. It's my daily driver, plus I tow a 20' runabout boat with it & so far, no issues. It handles everything like a champ. It rides great, tows great & performs great. My oldest daughter is in college & we've used it to move her a couple of times, so it's extremely handy for that. I change the engine air & cabin air filters myself but I have my local Ford dealer do oil changes (approx $45) every 5K or so. Very pleased with my Ford F-150XLT crew cab so far.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I had a 1999 Ford F150 and loved it. I just sold it in the summer. That's why I went with a 2019 F150 and I'm not sorry. I love this truck, it has everything I wanted and more. I really like the power and pickup. The aluminum body is a huge plus, because I never have to worry about rust. I look forward to many happy years with my truck!

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I have always been a Ford man and I will be until I am 6 feet under. Ford has the bells and whistles if that's what you prefer however they have muscle to do any job, if that is what you desire. I got my F-150 scaled down so I could do all of the added goodies as I wanted them, Ford can help you do that. Ford stands behind their product and you know what in a Ford versus Chevy, or Ram or Toyota My Ford is always on top. I said before Ford stands behind their Product and I stand behind my Ford.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I see why males like this truck. I am a female, 5'4", it took a while for me to appreciate the climb getting into vehicle. I was amazed at how easy it is to handle or drive. I have a clam back door on this model. Perfect for coolers and groceries. My dog loved it too! It is a pick up which I wanted because I frequent Flea Markets for antiques. I was worried about the mileage but surprising it isn't bad. I am 60 yrs. old and remember how much gas my station wagon guzzled. This doesn't have a cd but the radio is still very clear and crisp if you know what I mean. So far I have never had engine problems. A friend sold me this truck 15 years ago. I still drive it to work every day. Thank You Mr. Ford.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I purchased a new Fx4 with the 3.5l ten speed transmission and have no complaints whatsoever. Shifting is smooth and quiet starting or stopping. This is my fifth new Ford pickup in about eighteen years. I have never had mechanical problems with any of the pickups. I also drive like a bat out of hell along with huge amounts of miles on every one of them. Love them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-150?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I bought a new 2019 King Ranch at the end of August 2019. By the first week of September I noticed hairs in the paint on the driver's side. My Ford dealer assured me they could a factory paint job. We went through two full repainted of the driver's side of the vehicle before I thought the issues were resolved. Fast forward a few months latter I start to find more dirt and debris in the paint. I escalated to Ford and my dealer but the response was slow and almost stalling. I now asked for replacement or refund. I guess I asked for that during the second repaint too but they ignored. Anyway they offered to give me another new King Ranch for an additional $7200 dollars which included the cost of another spray in liner. I documented 14 pages of paint defects complete with pics.

The last straw was the paint starting to bubble off the roof. I've never driven a Ram but on Monday I lost my shirt but traded in the KR for a highly discounted Ram 1500 Laramie. Ford customer service was pitiful and my dealer insisted there was little they can do as they only sell the product. It was Ford's responsibly to support and warranty it. Thanks to Ford's lack of support they lost a lifelong customer. One that also had a Mache on order too. So thank you Ford you saved me a lot of money.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The Ford F150 with the 5.4L Triton engine is the worst thing since the Pinto!! If I had to do it again I definitely would have bought the RAM! This is the 1st Ford I have ever purchased in 50 years and I will NOT ever buy one again!! Once all the repairs were done I bought the truck twice.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Ive been in 2 major accidents, after both I I walked away. Went to work after the bigger accident. Truck kept me safe. Solid vehicle. Would buy again. Wish MPG were a little better. Only 2wheel drive but I sit high giving great view of roadway.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Of all the cars and trucks I've owned the Truck is amazing. The truck has a full size bed for easy hauling. It supports OBD2 and has air conditioning, Media included: CD, AM, FM. It also came with a personal navigation device. A map in the glove box.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Amazing truck, great power and mileage. Plenty of room inside, nice and quiet, and plenty of perks. I've had numerous F150's, and this by far is the favorite one I've owned. I'm a Ford man for life.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Ford F-150 Company Information