Find a Car Models partner

3. Car Models

4.0/5 (741 ratings)
Find a Car Models partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Ford F-150

One of the most well-known trucks on the market, the Ford F-150 is a light-duty truck. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Ford F-150 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-150?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-150?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Bought a new 2020 F-150 with only 10 miles on it from Performance Ford in Bountiful, Utah after my vehicle needed a $4k repair. Drove new vehicle to Darwin, Minn. to visit friends (1340 miles). Drive truck 2 days after arriving and it started to blow blue smoke out the tailpipe. Took truck to Holt Ford in Cokato, Mn; 8 days later discovered #3 cylinder was scarred. Ford decided to replace engine. Now, 19 days later, Ford says truck is ready to pick up but I have to drive several hundred miles before I tow my 2,000 lb. motorcycle trailer and bike back home. Having owned Ford vehicles before without any problems this is discerning. I’m now faced with driving 2300 miles home in a vehicle I have absolutely no confidence in. Feel like I’ve been bent over and you know what.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

As a previous owner of a landscaping company I quickly became a Chevy man after countless issues with Dodge and Ford trucks. Switching businesses I was forced into purchasing a Ford Transit 3500 with the 3.5 Ecoboost. I was pleasantly surprised with the torque and overall horsepower. Gas mileage wasn't too shabby at an average 14.5 miles per gallon.. For a high roof Euro style van that's decent. Since I no longer needed the van I found myself at a Ford dealer as no other dealer would give me a decent trade-in value with only 43k miles on the Transit Van.

Ford came through with a decent deal and I suddenly found myself in an f150 with the same 3.5 ecoboost motor. Since I no longer needed a van and do occasionally tow a lightweight camper, plus the great reviews on the gas mileage, horsepower and torque of the f150, I figured I would give Ford a chance to prove me wrong on my years of referring to Fords as "junk"... Unfortunately it looks like I was right all along.

I grabbed a leftover 2019 f150 max tow 4x4 with the 3.5. Gas mileage is good as long as you keep it on the slow sluggish "eco setting" which gets you approx. 20mpg. Any other setting and you're at 15 to 17mpg..tow a trailer and you are quickly down to 8 to 10mpg! The 10 speed transmission ruins any previous experience I had with the 3.5 ecoboost in the Transit with a 6 speed tranny. The f150 is constantly shifting making acceleration and braking extremely ODD for the lack of a better term.

The "truck" overall drives like an SUV. Acceleration is very boggy at first and then the turbo kicks in and your immediately thrown into an out of control acceleration. Does not feel like a truck AT ALL. The aluminum construction is a huge disappointed. The panels are flimsy, chintzy and cheaply made. The paint flakes off of the aluminum with as much as a strap from a backpack rubbing against it. All four door handles fell off the vehicle the very time I ran it through a car wash... The polymer type tops on bed and tops of bed rails easily gouges with as much as a mountain bike over the tailgate. Every piece of black plastic on the entire exterior is already showing signs of fading on a 8 month old truck with 20k miles.

The interior is no better. Cheap tacky carpet attracts dirt like flypaper. The tweed like fabric seats already are discolored and driver seat is showing sign of wear with creases and flattening of inner cushioning. The interior plastic/polymer scratches ..literally with the rubber sole of a tennis shoe..horrible! 20k miles and the truck already has a rough idle, a rough shift between 3rd and 4th, a loud bang every other time you start it and the horn is only half a horn now. I can not wait to get out of the Trash Can on Wheels! And I will most certainly lose big money because their trade-in value is horrible. I will bite the bullet as long as I can get outta this and into a real truck.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I purchased a brand new Ford F-150 in 2016 with a Ecoboost engine. At the 3000 mile mark the engine failed and had to be completely replaced. Fast forward to the 30,000 mile mark. The second engine failed and half the engine is being replaced as we speak. BEWARE OF FORD ECOBOOST ENGINES. THEY ARE JUNK.

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2020

After several months and just as many dealer drop offs Ford Customer Care did help resolve my flaking paint issue. Thank you Ford Motors for I was regretting switching brands. I've driven other brands as assigned work vehicles and Ford is #1 for a reason which is too clear if compared.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I'm experiencing huge paint failure on my 2015 F-150. Ford is refusing to fix even being within 5 years Unlimited Mileage corrosion warranty. Since truck is now aluminum Ford is washing their hands of the issue.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Bad transmission. I bought a 2015 Ford F-150 xlt with 5.0 engine. I was perfectly happy for a while and one day I went to pass someone and I accelerated in a manner that my transmission downshifted from 5th to 3rd and that’s when I noticed a loud noise. I studied it and learned about and when to reproduce the noise and went to the dealer to have it worked on. I drove and the technician rode with me and I reproduced the noise multiple times. The technician said he knew what it was and what to do. He contacted the main headquarters and did a few simple fixes that didn’t work and wanted me to schedule to drop my truck back off at a later date. I did what he asked and dropped the truck off at a later date. Ford had a fix for it. So we thought. He pulled the transmission and replaced a bunch of parts in the transmission. This was ford's ultimate fix for the problem and it went away for about 10,000 miles.

It returned this past week and I contacted Ford and the dealer with no resolution. There are no other fixes for this issue. Ford calls this problem “6-3, 5-3 downshift squawk” and it is very common. Ford denied me a buy back even though there are no other fixes for the issue and wants me to let the dealer attempt to repair again. Last time they had my truck for over a month waiting on back ordered parts. I have researched and found many people with the same problem with the year models ranging over 4+ years. I recommend staying away from these trucks. They have a transmission issue that can’t be fixed! I duplicate the noise by waiting until my transmission temperature is over 180-190 degrees and getting the truck to 5th gear and accelerating hard enough to drop the gear to 3rd. It happens on an incline at a higher reproducible rate but it’s not hard to reproduce on a flat road. Ford has been no help. They just expect me to be happy with a subpar truck.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I’m 22 years old and I have a home improvement business that I put 22 hours a day into seven days a week. I love my job and wouldn’t trade it for anything else. I have two F150s a v8 2011 and a v6 2015. While pursuing my passion I used to hold Ford in high esteem and consider them an Intercal part in helping me facilitate my business. I’ll never forget the day I Made enough money to trade in my Hyundai Elantra for a vehicle that would boost the efficiency of my business. I knew the make of the truck that I was going to buy, what is the brand I was committing myself and my business to Indefinitely. There was a time where I envisioned all of my future fleet vehicles to be Ford’s and spending so many hours working out of that truck I felt that Ford had become a part of my journey in the growth of my business.

It turns out at 18 years old choosing Ford to be a part of my growing business was such a foolish decision I must pay for that at the expense of my health. I have unquestionably been exposed to such a high level of carbon monoxide for such a prolong period of time I’ll forego many years pursuing my passion for home repair. At 22 years old I now suffer from health conditions that I had attributed it to working long hours, to the negligence and blatant disregard for the sanctity of life that runs so deep in the Ford motor company.

My newest truck which is a 2015 F150 super crew Lariat has been at the dealership where I purchased it less than two years ago for three months. The first month was spent by the technicians inability to duplicate the carbon monoxide leak which requires no duplication. Finally after three weeks I brought my carbon monoxide meter drove on the interstate taking a video as I was driving showing the immediate spiked to 168ppm. Seconds after the engine exceeded 2000 RPM. Keep in mind 168 Ppm what is the maximum because I immediately put the window down to vent the cabin.

Here’s where Ford has robbed me not only have a vehicle but serious health concerns that I must face now and in my future. I spent many hours in that truck breathing and carbon monoxide levels much higher than 168 ppm, even Sleeping in the truck when traveling out of state to do work. I’ve now come to find out that what I mistook for fatigue Was really me losing consciousness from carbon monoxide poisoning. Countless hours and countless nights I’ve come to realize many of depressing health concerns I currently face are due to prolonged exposure to Cabon monoxide. Damage to my internal organs, extreme lack of hemoglobin and how that damages your body. Which I had originally attributed the the symptoms for my inheritance of type two diabetes for my father.

In my opinion, the most devastating Price I had to pay for choosing Ford what is my no permanent brain damage from prolonged exposure. However, just because the research says it’s permanent I choose to believe I can repair the areas of my brain damaged. At least I finally have an answer for the decline in mental function extreme lack of short-term memory including the inability to retrace my steps, and my once fluid free-flowing speech. Stuck with two truck loans that come with a life or death decision when it Comes to driving them, Ford’s negligence has been a single most detrimental thing to my life.

I honestly don’t know how the corporations Ford, top executives, and anyone who receives a check from Ford can bear the weight of knowing they in some way contributed not only to my misfortune but the millions of other Americans don’t have a carbon monoxide meter. I thought our country had evolved to a point or something like this never would’ve gone out the front door of an American factory. What happened to the quality of American products? Once revered for the highest quality of items produced when built by American hands, now shoved off the assembly line for ridiculous prices so that a Ford motor company may continue to be ingrained in America’s auto culture. It makes me so sick that a company I once aspired to be like has become so lost in pursuing profit that the lives of the people they’re supposed to be benefiting no longer matter.

Instead of launching a public campaign, seeking minimal restitution to get me out of my current auto loans, or even an apology. I’m gonna put the remaining time I have on this earth in my business where I hope that I still have enough time to grow my passion into what my future dreams are. I hope Ford finds its integrity, and at the very least you all have shown me how important integrity is.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

They deserve less than a one star. 1 month after the warranty was up the engine in my son’s F-150 is toast and all we got was, "That’s not our problem." Ford Canada told my husband to pay the $8000 for repairs and when they recall he could apply to get his money back. Why would she say that unless she is getting calls for the same problem. The F-150 is supposed to be an engine that lasts to 300,000 Klms or more easily if taken care of. This is why we chose that truck. The truck was always serviced before needed and never towed heavy loads.

Ford used to have a good will program to take care of customers if something very unexpected like this went wrong but they no longer have this. Guess with all the problems that they have been having with their vehicles they don’t care anymore. There is no way that a serviced V8 engine should be toast with barely over 100,000 klm. 2 of my friends just got rid of their 3 year old Escapes because they were spending too much time having repairs done. I have never made a review like this and feel so sad doing this because I have owned a Ford since 1987 when I got my first car. They are not the same and I can’t stress enough do not buy a Ford. Never ever ever????

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I bought a new 2019 King Ranch at the end of August 2019. By the first week of September I noticed hairs in the paint on the driver's side. My Ford dealer assured me they could a factory paint job. We went through two full repainted of the driver's side of the vehicle before I thought the issues were resolved. Fast forward a few months latter I start to find more dirt and debris in the paint. I escalated to Ford and my dealer but the response was slow and almost stalling. I now asked for replacement or refund. I guess I asked for that during the second repaint too but they ignored. Anyway they offered to give me another new King Ranch for an additional $7200 dollars which included the cost of another spray in liner. I documented 14 pages of paint defects complete with pics.

The last straw was the paint starting to bubble off the roof. I've never driven a Ram but on Monday I lost my shirt but traded in the KR for a highly discounted Ram 1500 Laramie. Ford customer service was pitiful and my dealer insisted there was little they can do as they only sell the product. It was Ford's responsibly to support and warranty it. Thanks to Ford's lack of support they lost a lifelong customer. One that also had a Mache on order too. So thank you Ford you saved me a lot of money.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I drove a 1997 Nissan Maxima for 20+years & put 207+K miles on it, at which point it began developing major issues (too long a story for this), so after wanting one for a long time, I found & traded for a 2016 Ford F-150 XLT crew cab, just a basic model w/o fancy trim & other stuff & absolutely love it. It had 36K miles on it when I got it, and I'm up to about 75K now. It's my daily driver, plus I tow a 20' runabout boat with it & so far, no issues. It handles everything like a champ. It rides great, tows great & performs great. My oldest daughter is in college & we've used it to move her a couple of times, so it's extremely handy for that. I change the engine air & cabin air filters myself but I have my local Ford dealer do oil changes (approx $45) every 5K or so. Very pleased with my Ford F-150XLT crew cab so far.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The Ford F150 with the 5.4L Triton engine is the worst thing since the Pinto!! If I had to do it again I definitely would have bought the RAM! This is the 1st Ford I have ever purchased in 50 years and I will NOT ever buy one again!! Once all the repairs were done I bought the truck twice.

Ford F-150 Company Information