Ford F-150

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased brand new 2017 F-150 3 months ago. Went to do my first oil change and found barely any oil in engine. Brought to Capital Ford Service Dept. in Raleigh, NC and was told oil pan was never installed properly at factory and had been leaking. They replaced oil pan and all was good. I have been driving the truck for 2 weeks since service was done and I have been smelling oil burning ever since. I assumed it was residual from the service work.

I went to check oil 3 days ago and found the mechanic never reinstalled the oil dipstick. It was laying on my engine. For the last 2 weeks there has been oil blowing out of the dipstick tube all over my engine!!! My $45,000 truck is now contaminated with oil all over it. I called the Service Dept. back and they apologized and told me they would set up a time to clean the engine. My wires and entire engine is coated with oil and will eventually rust from this. At any rate it has been 3 days now and still no call back. I want my truck replaced!!

Trent ** bought a beautiful truck 2012 Ford F-150 silver loaded... to the gills. He's thinking of LONG term with this truck. It had the V-6 Ecoboost 3.5 liter motor. Trent was very proud of his new truck that was his first purchase from a Cross Chrysler in Louisville. Truck had 62,000 miles on it. Anyway, Trent drives off the lot a proud owner. This was in October 2016. Truck seemed solid... and I use the word seemed very lightly. Sunday Trent and Lindsey Nicole ** were driving to our house. Trent called me and said he was sitting on side of the road. Long story short... BLOWED MOTOR. TRUCK now has 68,000 miles on it. Yes that's 6000 miles on the truck since Trent had bought it.

We towed it here and started the dreaded phone calls. Checked on warranty. It's a FORD. The warranty is 5year/100,000 km. Which in the USA, that's 62,000 miles. So we're good on the 5 year, but 6000 miles over Warranty. Here is the part that CHAPS MY ASS. Trent calls several different FORD DEALERSHIPS and they all read the same Queue Card. Sorry, you're 6000 miles over. So Trent calls the Cross Chrysler and talks to manager and manager said if this was a Dodge or Chrysler, they would get him an extension on warranty. So the Manager went to work for Trent, calling every Ford Dealer and manager he knew. To ask for an extension. But he came up empty. He called Trent the next day and told Trent that when the truck is fixed, send bill to him and he will pay $1000.00. My problem is a Chrysler Dealer is helping my son. A Dealer. A Manager. More than Ford Corporation. Pretty sad Ford.

In November 2002, I bought a brand new 2003 F-150 with 17 miles on it. It now has over 276,000 miles and is still going strong. The only repairs beyond the usual replacement of brakes, tires, fluids... was the 4th gear in the tranny and the pinion seal. It's only on its 2nd clutch, has no leaks, starts right up, doesn't burn/use oil, rides smoothly and still gets 18/22 fuel mileage. There's very mild surface rust (I live the Northern part of the country where salting/sanding is common during the winter). The only problem I have had was when the passenger side seat belt locked up when someone would strap it on and wouldn't "let go" until the belt was released. This was at 55,000 miles and Ford said it was out of warranty at 50,000 miles. It'll be $400 to replace that seat belt.

I bought a 2013 F-150 EcoBoost new, and from the start it was riddled with problems. It would go into limp mode often like all of them do, but the worst part was the battery kept going dead randomly, once every few months. Ford made a poor effort to troubleshoot and finally said they couldn't do anything. I traded it at another dealer for a used 2013 F-150, thinking I only had a lemon. This truck was OK for about 6 months, then it started developing squeaks, exhaust manifold leaks, and climate control problems. Then at 62,000 miles, just out of powertrain warranty, the timing chain began making terrible noises upon startup. Called Ford and they said "Too bad." No more Fords for me, my new Tundra is on the way.

I have a 2003 Ford F-150 pickup. The spark plug blew out of the engine while I was driving on the freeway at 70 miles per hour. I had my truck towed to a mechanic garage, and was told this is a common but expensive repair. Upon further review online, I found there to be hundreds of reports of this problem. Ford has done nothing to take care of this serious and dangerous problem. I read if there is to be a recall it would be the largest ever. Ford needs to take care of this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

I own a Ford F150 with brake problems. The rotors became warped causing the truck to shake when the brakes are applied. I took it to the dealer while it was still in warranty and they ground the rotors. As soon as the warranty expired at 36000 miles the rotors warped again. The dealership will not fix them. And Ford's customer service told me it was the dealer's problem. I have done some research and what I have learned is that the rotors, once ground are even more susceptible to warping because they are thinner. What I do not know but suspect is that the rotors are simply under designed for the weight of the vehicle.

I do not ride my brakes and the dealer can tell that because my brake pads are still in good condition. So I am faced with the decision of whether to spend more money installing new rotors hoping that the rotors themselves were somehow defective and that the replacements will not be defective, an iffy proposition at best, or just sell the truck and write it off as an expensive learning experience.

My 2015 F150 XLT has 41,000 miles on it and the paint is falling off. It's bubbling, cracking and just falling off. I took it into Ford and they said the truck was out of warranty and "SORRY". Wouldn't you expect a Ford factory paint job to last more than 2 years? I paid $44,000.00 for this truck and I will never buy another F150. Even the dealership said the paint job was defective. You would think Ford would stand behind their product.

2007 Ford F150 = Very bad engine design. Sparkplug very difficult to replace. No shop want to do it except Ford dealer and Ford dealer charge over $1500 just to change the spark plug. Engine fuel injection going bad. Engine head gasket blow up. Bad coil and Boot. Bad transmission = Sometimes just stuck in park won't move, very noisy gear, bad gear shift. And the worst is Ford Customer relation and Ford corporate will not do anything about it. Just don't buy Ford vehicle.

Was traveling along I-85 about 70mph in my 2013 f-150 stx 5.0 when out of nowhere the truck down shifted from overdrive to 2 gear. The truck started wheel hopping and barking the tires and was nearly uncontrollable! I was almost hit in the rear several times until I could limp it to the shoulder and if anyone knows the area I was almost in Charlotte NC. Traffic is terrible. Once I gathered myself, noticed the seatbelt light came on odometer showed 2 dotted lines with the wrench sign. Also tried to take off aging little power speedometer. Was not working and would not shift out of 2nd gear. I stopped and cut the truck off and waited about 5 minutes and seem to be okay.

The very next day going down the highway about 55mph and it did the same thing except this time the back wheels seem to have locked up and when it let loose I almost got hit trying to the shoulder. Once again did the exact things as the day before still no check engine light. I called the local dealer and was told nothing could be done until a check engine light came on. Once again after letting the truck set for a bit it seemed okay.

So for about 3 days it ran fine and I was to leave the next morning for out of town work and my truck is the only means of transportation. And just as I pulled from my house it started to act up and the check engine light came on. Just so happens I live near a parts store chain and the person put the code device on and the code came up with I believe it was p 0720 which was the output speed sensor switch located in the transmission... Dealer repaired at a cost of $987.00 that I paid that hurt my wallet. I called Ford customer service and the agent said that it has happened to other years with same code and the same fix and would open a case to see if there is a way to get Ford to pay, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. 1 associated product. Request research (services fees apply).

Motor noise on startup! Dealer, took apart inspected, said would not be cover under warranty due to oil sludge. Oil was always changed by their computer just like the owners manual tell you too. This is a big problem with Ford. They look in the oil filler cap and can tell you no!! ESP is crap. Ford knows turbo's make sludge "all turbo's" do... So 500 bucks later I get it back and now 2 blocks away from dealer engine light comes on so I take back and say that everything is hook up the motors just bad from the oil!! So I took for a second option. They found sensor unplugged. They had gotten it under the valve cover and the cam cut and shorted the wires. This cause the phaser to have wrong valve timing!! Blown head gasket and valves tapped top of piston. There was sludge but bearings were perfect so oil was working. The timing chains are weak that's why Ford has a TSB on them and Phasers! 1st ecoboost = S O L.

I just bought my son a used F-150 with fairly low miles for a pickup, 120,000. Within 3 weeks of purchase from a private seller, the rear spark plug blew. The mechanic "tried" fixing it with a sleeve and Loctite. Waited overnight to set, took out to test drive, and it blew again. The sleeve and Loctite did not hold. It blew within 2 blocks. Looking online after this experience, thousands of others are having to deal with this. Will there ever be a recall? Just bought this truck... out thousands for purchase and out $$$ for repairs that are not holding. Now my son has 2 inoperable vehicles. The one that originally died and the newer purchase to replace the one that died. Still has NO car to go to work. It would not be so bad if this was a permanent solution and not a reoccurring nightmare.

Would never buy another Ford again. First and last. More problems than I can even list. Not to mention it's a 2012 3 sets of brake pads, Ford forgot when it added a larger heavier engine to fix the braking system so the truck eats pads. I have had the transmission replaced. The automatic running boards work when they want to. The driver side window freezes up. Numerous trips to the dealer to replace parts -- of course with deductible out of pocket. I am as disgusted as a person can get. I'll never get half of what I paid for this POS in a trade in.

Purchased brand new Ford F150 for just under $50,000 and had nothing but problems with it. BOB BELL FORD made me fight for every problem to get it fixed, damaged my truck twice in the last two visits, repaired the ding they put in my door first time, but this last visit, chipped the edge of my door, got mad at me for asking that it be fixed, agreed to fix it, but when I wouldn't accept their appointment to fix it, because they didn't line up a vehicle for me to use for the day with my paid extended warranty which includes this service, they told me I was no longer welcome at the dealership. Nice, Huh... I had also left them a poor survey for their poor service weeks prior because of all the problems with this truck and the struggle to get them to honor their warranty and I have read from a number of other Ford Vehicle Buyers that left complaints with Ford, that they were treated the same way, told that they were no longer welcome at the dealership any longer.

I guess this is how Ford deals with its customers who don't leave favorable surveys for them when they don't deserve them. Remember this before you make the mistake of buying a new Ford Vehicle from Ford and especially from BOB BELL FORD on Ritchie Hwy in Glen Burnie, MD; I will not make the mistake of buying another new one from them until they stand behind their warranty. It was such a disappointment buying this truck from them, what a mistake, wish I could go back in time so I could make a smarter purchase.

Well I haven't driven my truck for 2 days and at about 5:30 in the morning I heard a boom and didn't think much of it until my neighbor comes knocking on my door and informs me that my truck had caught on fire. When I went outside it was in total flames around the engine and the cab. I was trying to use my water hose until the fire department got there but it was still a total loss. I have no idea about these recalls until I Googled it after the fire department left. Hopefully I can work something out about the situation.

Bought a brand new F-350. Just out of warranty at a year old and 66k miles - It needs a transmission, coil packs, and a power steering pump. I have to park it for months to come up with 5 grand to fix this terrible vehicle.

I live in Minnesota. I cannot use my driver's side door when the temperature dips below 20 degrees - which is almost 3-4 months of the year. I brought my $40,0000 truck in for service & the guy sprays wd-40 on the door. I came back the next day and told him that I needed help. They found out that there is a seal inside the door that has failed. No problem! It is under warranty. BUT - no problem - the parts are on backorder until April. Apparently a few other 2015 F-150 owners are having the same issue (just a guess). So, I can use my truck, but I just have to climb over to the passenger side to get in & out. The Ford service guy said that the doors aren't designed for cold weather! If I had known that I would never have purchased this brand new pickup last year. Very sorry and very disappointed.

Meanwhile I have called 3 times to find out if the service dept. has heard anything about when the repair can be completed. No one seems to know and I have not gotten one return call from the dealer (even though I was promised all 3 times that they would call me that day or the next). I feel like a prisoner in my vehicle and a captive by Ford's unwillingness to stand behind their product.

I pulled my 2016 Ford F-150 out of the garage and was inputting an address into the GPS when we heard my rear window blow up. I had thought we got shot or something came crashing down on the truck. I got out and saw nothing but my rear window was completely shattered. The only thing we think it could have been was the window shorted out. It's still at the dealer to replace the window and hopefully figure out the cause.

I bought this very expensive truck, 2014 STX F150 from Ford Cutter Aiea Hawaii. I had the truck for 2 years now and the miles still low, 37,500. So here I thought I would not see rust maybe for another 5 years. I was very wrong. Rusted spot are shown on the front roof corner, driver side. I have not call the deal about it but I will. I hope they can help me fix it. If they can't then, my love for Ford will go to another vehicle. Yeah... Build tough... NOT. I hope they can back up that motor with taking care of their customers. I remembered the car sales guy telling me that it was the best truck because it was made in America. Not so proud. Not the best.

Have this 1997 Ford F150 V8 with only 287,000 miles but the odometer stopped working years ago. My main issue with Ford is the heater core hoses quick release that leak and Ford dealers want to replace heater cores for $800.00 when it's a $7.00 part and those stupid vacuum sensors, and Speedo sensors, and cat sensors, and battery cable ends, and what is it with your "pink plastic gears" for tranny sensors? The cassette eats tapes when ditch hopping and radio has too many commercials. All this smog crap. I cannot even get over 100 mph down logging roads.

I have a broken shock mount on my truck. I cannot change the shock until this replaced or welded. I found someone to weld it, but the fix is just to put a washer in between. He said that he has done welding on other F-150 shock mounts. Anyone else having this problem? I am looking for a certified welder, so I can replace my shock. I replaced my other shock.

We bought our F150 brand new in 2006. It was garage kept and has low miles (currently 105,000). In the past 2 yrs it has became a huge headache and rust mobile. Once the rust starts it's over. Any owner of 2004 to 2008 models knows the rust problems, from the cab corners (mostly on the crew cabs) to the fenders on the rear. Since ours have ate out we have found what looks to be foam in them. Bad Ford company, anybody with a brain knows foam holds moisture and contaminants to eat away at the metal from the inside out. This is not to mention that we have put over $1,000 in repairs this year alone. Started with the faulty 2 piece spark plug that cost 600 to replace because 6 of the 8 broke in the engine.

The 4 wheel drive system going out because of some rubber tubing, and now most recently broken front springs on the struts. Come on Ford you have problems that need recalls. The springs were sheared right in half and we're sitting crooked. This is extremely dangerous and an issue that needs to be addressed. Ford has made some mistakes but refuses to take responsibility for them. We have been long time Ford owners (2 F150's, Cougar, Thunderbird, Escort, and a Ranger) this truck is the biggest mistake we have ever made. There will be no more Fords on our property once this one says goodbye.

I have had WAY too many issues with this Truck. It is a 2013 F-150 Platinum Truck. I bought it new... Since purchase I have had it in multiple times to dealers in both Kansas and Arkansas. Recently the Check Engine light comes on, the dealer "THINKS" it may be the Turbo Charger and now I get the dreaded Yellow Wrench. Ford has no way of capturing the codes unless is happens to them at the dealership. What a complete scam... Ford doesn't have to warranty anything because the codes never get saved. You cannot get the truck to them if the Wrench is showing, so you have to restart the Truck... Which clears the codes.

I've had to replace the instrument cluster, the sunroof... I even had to replace the lug nuts because the dealer couldn't rotate the tires since Ford uses Aluminum to cover the lug nuts and they were on so tight the lugs stripped out where the Aluminum was. Absolutely crazy. That cost me $200. Let's also talk about those POS automatic running boards... Which never go back up after 3 years. AND they cannot get those warrantied. I wish I had not put a brand new A.R.E. - Z Series Topper on it. Otherwise... This POS would be getting traded and I would go back to Toyota or Nissan. NEVER BUY an F-150 Eco-Boost POS Truck. Ford is a joke. I could keep going. But I think this is enough.

I had purchased a 2010 F150 Supercrew from my local dealership in 2014 with 18 thousand mile on it, I mainly needed it to tow my rv and boat in the summer months. I had it completely rustproofed right away and I have kept the undercarriage very clean from the little salt exposure that it got. I was under my truck recently and found the rocker panels totally rusted. I felt compelled to find the cause because I am only up to 28 thousand and it should never had rusted like this. Being an industrial mechanic I checked all the reasons that made sense, roof, window, and antenna leaks but when I found the rocker panels dripping every time it rains I found something completely unbelievable, the water draining from the front window and hood is channeled into the inside of the front fender body panels and drains into the rocker panels, my God a first year engineering student could figure out what a terrible idea this is.

I called my dealership to see if I have a recourse on this and it was a joke basically "New England is salty. You are on your own." This truck was the worst purchase I have ever made. It will be rusted out before the payments are over, in ten thousand miles it had needed new A-arms, brakes, and the limited slip axle is on its way out. The quality is on the way down and they do not back poor engineering problems like this. I wish I purchased a GMC. It looks like the quality has improved greatly. I have seen a multitude of consumers with this same rust issue and Ford acts like they have never heard of it.

It seems that the passenger side exhaust manifold on just about all 4.6 and 5.4 engines must leak at some time! I found 2 of the bolts on the rear that have broken off just inside the exhaust manifold. Checked the Ford forum. Seems everyone has this happen to them. Broken bolts either before or during replacement of the cracked manifold issue. Why couldn't they use better components. The rest of the exhaust bolts are rusted so bad they barely resemble bolts and nuts. Just a shame that planned obsolescence can be found in some many American made products.

Bought a new 2016 F150 2 weeks ago. A week after taking it home the stereo and all associated controls randomly quit working. Screen goes blank. No sound. If I turn off my truck and wait 30 minutes or so it will work again as it should. Took it to the dealership and they have no idea what the problem is. I call Ford and they said take it to the dealership. I'm afraid this truck will become a lemon. Too bad because I really liked my truck. Maybe I would keep it if Ford either pays for an aftermarket head unit and control module. This is the second Ford I've owned that within 500 miles had problems. I'm not very happy.

I leased a 2013 Ford F150 in March of 2013. Within 6 months of driving it (on my way to a Florida vacation), I got about 20 miles from home and when I applied the brakes to exit the highway, the steering wheel almost shook out of my hands. I had to pull into a Ford dealership to see what was the problem and they told me it was "ok" to drive. They blamed the shimmy on the local oil and lube joint that I took it to before I left for an oil change and tire rotation. They said the wheels were torqued too tightly and when I got back from vacation to take it back there. I did just that. The mechanic that worked on it showed me the required setting and then showed it to me on the truck.

He then proceeded to take me to the inside of the wheels where there was horrible pitting on the rotors. He said to take back to Ford. Took it in. They said they couldn't do anything about it. It was from not driving it much during the winter and because the salt laid on the rotors, it caused pitting (WTH?). I'm a woman but I'm not a mealy mouthed woman. I told him that I knew better than that. I made a scene at the service desk and refused to leave with the truck until the rotors were replaced. It took them FIVE hours to do the job but it got done. Six months before my lease was up, I was again driving on the highway when I heard a horrible "clunking" sound from the rear end.

When I pulled off of the highway, the noise was furious! I called a tow truck and they towed it back to the dealership, Kerry Ford, Cincinnati, Ohio. The truck needed an entire new rear end with barely 20,000 miles on it. They had the truck for almost a week. They refused a rental car for me so I told them they could pay my payment that month. I got the dealership manager involved and again made a scene in the SHOWROOM telling anyone looking at an F150 to go buy a GMC. They were POS. He got me into a rental car reluctantly but at least I had wheels.

In February 2016 I leased another F150 hoping that the first one was just a "bad apple". Last week I was 3 minutes from home, made a left hand turn at about 10 mph and as soon as I rounded the corner, I lost acceleration. I thankfully got pulled over to the side of the street and put it in park. Turned it off, waited a couple of minutes and started it back up. Message about manual track (??). Got the owner's manual out and that said it was an issue with the 4wd. I had never used the 4wd. The truck has less than 6,000 miles on it. I called Ford roadside assistance and waited an hour and a half for them to get there. They sent someone from the other side of Cincinnati at 4:00 on a Friday afternoon. The wrecker driver got in it (thinking I am a woman and I probably don't know how to drive that truck) and it wouldn't budge for him either. It was a real effort to get it up onto the flatbed.

As I was so close to home, I asked for a ride and he told me he couldn't drop me off! Ford contracts with the company and they GPS the drivers to the exact mile of where they are going and back. I told him to get his boss on the phone and I gave him an earful. I got a ride home. I called Northgate Ford, Cincinnati, OH (where I purchased the second truck) and told them what had happened.

After I told him the story, he suggested that I call roadside assistance and have it towed in so they could take a look at it. WTH? "Did you not listen to what I just told you??? I'm calling to tell you it should be on your lot at any minute and I need a rental car for the weekend." "I'm sorry but we don't provide rental cars for repairs." WRONG THING TO SAY TO THIS PO'd woman! I told him I needed to talk to the service manager and we had the same discussion. He told me that "corporate Ford" would not cover the cost of a rental even though the truck was under full warranty. He then proceeded to ask me if I purchased an extended warranty. I told him I was leasing and didn't need an extended warranty that the truck was covered 36 mo or 36,000 mi whichever came first.

He proceeded to argue with me and I flat out told him that if there wasn't a rental car in my driveway in the next hour, when I came to pick up the truck after it was fixed, I would gladly put in back in the showroom window and NOT by way of the door!!! I told him I couldn't wait to get their survey about their customer service because I was going to burn them up. He told me that if that was the case, he was hanging up on me. I hung up and then proceeded to call the General Manager of the dealership. It was getting to be almost quitting time on Friday afternoon and he really didn't want to deal with me either. I told him the same thing... where that new truck would end up when I got it back.

Needless to say, there was an Enterprise rental car in my driveway within the hour. It's sad that you have to get downright nasty to get anything done, but that's the way folks do business these days. I picked the truck up this morning but I am scared to death to get too far from home in it. I had a trip to FL planned in late Sept and am afraid I'm not going to be able to drive it. This time they said it was the throttle body and motor assembly. As I perused through these comments, I am finding this seems to be a "common" problem with the newer F150s.

I have always been an GM buyer but liked the look of the new Fords so I took a leap of faith and leased the 2013. I'm single so I thought by leasing I would be avoiding the service problems of an older, used vehicle. NOT SO! My biggest problem is that I have another two and half years with this vehicle and I doubt that this will be my last incident. I'm with those of you who said the F150s are pieces of junk. I will never have another Ford vehicle again. EVER!

2015 Ford F150 Lariat - The reason for my post is to see if anyone else had a similar problem. After reading other reviews, I see that there have been others (although according to Ford, this is an isolated incident!!). Multiple times my truck has stopped running on the highway without warning, putting myself and others in danger. After pulling over, restart is simple and it runs like nothing ever happened, until next time. Have had truck to dealer several times, even left it there for a two-week period and received it back with problems not solved and a "flight recorder" installed. They have installed this so we can duplicate the problem even though the error codes and data has already been recorded. We know it's happening and all is documented but they still feel it's OK to ask someone to get behind the wheel of a vehicle which we knowingly shuts down at random.

I feel this is unacceptable and very irresponsible on Ford's part. The last incident which occurred on August 17, 2016 at 10:48 am in Antigonish, NS happened as I was trying to pass an RV on a goat path in rural NS. I was passing with a transport truck hard on my bumper and about 3/4 passed when my truck decided to stop running. The transport truck was bearing down on me and I had no choice but to wait until the RV went ahead of me to get over to the side of the road. With power steering being lost and the pressure of the truck behind it made for a less than exciting few seconds. This could have ended much worse!!

After 3 phone calls to the dealer to report and no response, I continued on and made it home safely. Went to the dealer the next morning and reported. They pulled all codes from the flight recorder and agreed the truck had failed again. Reset the computer and sent me on my way again. I really don't have much recourse as they have tried to trade me out of it but they can't give me much for a trade because "We can't give you a retail trade number because we can't sell it. We will have to send it to auction with all the issues." But it's OK to expect me to continue paying for and driving it. I need a reliable and safe vehicle for my business and this seems to be an impossibility. The story goes on, too much to write. If anyone has a similar story, I would like to hear it. Very frustrated!!!

Just bought the truck in Feb 2016. 2015 Ford F150 V8 5.0 4x4. Well it only had about 240 miles when purchased. About a month later it would not start, had to take it in to a local Ford dealership for them to fix. About a week later I get my truck back. They said it was rodent or mice chewing up wires. So of course I was mad at the mice. Who wouldn't so went online to do some research on how to get ride off these frigging things. The day after I just brought from being repaired still won't start. Had tow it in, they said it was the same thing. Even more pissed 3 weeks later I get my truck back. About a week later check engine light comes up, took to Auto Zone check what codes. Intake manifold was giving the error the day after I went to Auto Zone. Truck would not start, took it to a different dealership and they could not figure what was going on.

I had a feeling that they called the last dealership to ask them how they supposedly fix. Wires being chewed up. Which now is starting not to make sense because we have multiple cars at the same location where the truck is being parked. They have been there for years and such problems are not common with the other vehicles including a motor home and a tractor. None I have this problem. Now all of a sudden the truck is being munched on all the time, very very weird the same problem occurring now. 4th time same check engine light same problem. I'm thinking that it is a way for the dealership to say that I don't have a problem that is covered by warranty. It's my problem. I have been paying out to fix this. 4th time with the same problem and I don't even have 8 month with it. I'm thinking a call to Better Business Bureau may get the ball rolling to figure what is going with this truck.

Loaded up for vacation and truck didn't even make it 100 yards away from home when the dash lit up with hill start assist fault. Truck surged and vibrated its way to a stop. I thought I had accidentally hit the button on the top center console, so I restarted the vehicle, and everything was fine. Made it about 5 mi down the road and it happened again. Turned around and unloaded/loaded in wife's Escape and took that instead.

Got home from vacation, and headed off to work. Had to pull over 3x on the way straight to the dealership. They say "it's the throttle body" despite the hill assist fault code. Anyway, part on backorder with NO ETA!!! My truck will be 1mo out of commission next week. Never had a problem like this in my vehicle-owning life. This truck is 7mo old with 12,000mi on it, BTW.

I have owned Ford trucks since I was old enough to drive and have always been satisfied until now. I bought a 2010 f150 4x4 with a 5.4. It was a used truck with 60000 miles. I changed the oil regular at 3000 miles. When it had 26000 miles the engine blows. 7500.00 dollars to get it fixed. I looked on internet and this seems to be a common thing. What is Ford doing about this?

Ford F-150 Company Profile