Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
2.36/5

Ford F-150

One of the most well-known trucks on the market, the Ford F-150 is a light-duty truck. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

312 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Loud whining noise. Down 5-6 miles per gallon fuel economy. Clunking. Delays of power to wheels causing vehicle to jerk back and forth so bad my kids complain about it. Severe steering problems. Pulls left, pulls right. Steering wheel binds steering wheel constantly pulsating. Engine knocking. Engine rattles. Door latches have frozen shut in cold weather. Not safe to drive Ford. Corporate says they only go by what Dealership tells them and Dealership tells me that I am wasting their time on warranty work. Ford and the dealership are terrible. Absolute junk. Will never buy another Ford. Shame on Ford for expecting people to work hard to pay for 100% junk unsafe truck. Do not buy a new F-150. You will regret it.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I purchased a new Fx4 with the 3.5l ten speed transmission and have no complaints whatsoever. Shifting is smooth and quiet starting or stopping. This is my fifth new Ford pickup in about eighteen years. I have never had mechanical problems with any of the pickups. I also drive like a bat out of hell along with huge amounts of miles on every one of them. Love them.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I special order this truck. Put $5000.00 down and waited 3 months to receive it. It is a great truck except that the 10 speed transmission make you hate this truck.

80% of the gear shift happens out of time causing a bump/slam on the transmission. Downshifting to a stop is the worst for it really hard shift every time you come to a stop. It has being at the dealer 4 times and every time the response is "it is normal". It is not. It is a piece of junk. To make it worst the so called adaptation, which is supposed to learn your drive style and make the shifting better, do the opposite to the point I need to erase its memory every 500 miles... It is irritating.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I have owned a 2016 Ford F150 since new, now with 50k miles. Thus far my transmission slams, windshield wipers won't turn off, and my phone never connects to the sync system. To me, these trucks are slapped so quickly together and everything is built as cheaply as possible. It doesn't ride well, and with the aluminum frame, a breeze flexes the body panels.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I've owned both from new... Ford F-150 52k and had to install a catch can and have to drain it frequently. Bad pinion bearings in rear end 1k. Replace the wheel bearings front and back, all brake rotors, both front wheel lockers, 2 Piece drive shaft, still have something grinding like a wheel bearing noise with vibration so I'm waiting for the transfer case or transmission to fail. 122k on it. Never tow or haul heavy, just a Motorcycle and a ATV. Toyota has my vote. Had a 2004 for 200k miles worry free Toyota.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-150?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I wish I would have never bought this 2018 F150 5.0! The engine rattles every time I let off the gas when it is cold and the rattle only just gets quieter when the engine is warm but is still there. The transmission shifts weird when cold. There is a strange turkey call type noise coming from somewhere in the rear end under acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear. The dash is warped and bowed up and dumb looking. I am so unhappy with this truck. I paid a for me an extremely large amount of money for this vehicle and Ford isn't making any attempts to fix anything. I had the TSB computer reflash done for the engine rattle and it does absolutely nothing for it. And Ford will not authorize any repairs for the warped dash. What a joke. I will never buy a Ford junk product again I hope they go bankrupt and out of business!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Updated on 02/08/2019: So Ford Motor finally responded to my trucks erratic 10 speed transmission issue. (I had the truck into the dealership for the 4th time, this last time they had it for 4 days). Ford's official response to me through dealership: "Yes after we reset the transmission software, the truck will drive much better for few weeks, but the AI software then learns my driving habits and it will change accordingly” - there is nothing wrong with it! So Ford is telling me that I chose to have the transmission hang out of gear when braking from 50 mph until I am almost stopped and then it drops in with a thunderous noise and the back of the truck almost leaving the pavement! Not to mention very rough upshifts with gears 1-5. Ford has a very big problem on its hands with this buggy transmission. I am dumping my 2018 F 150 and buying a GMC with their proven 8 speed transmission.

Original Review: 10 speed transmission performance is very erratic. My 2018 with 13K miles is back to dealer. 4th time. They reloaded transmission software 2x. The transmission realized a very positive improvement for a couple of weeks. Thereafter the erratic shifting returns. The dealer has had it all week now with no known solution identified to resolve problem. At times very rough up and downshifting. Sometimes when breaking from 40-60 mph, transmission hangs up out of gear without typical downshifts as I break. On a few occasions it shows it is in 7th-8th gear as I brake to 10 mph and then all of a sudden it drops several gears with a very loud and truck shaking experience. All other experiences with truck has been good; simply put a very buggy/faulty transmission.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I purchased a 2018 F-150 EcoBoost with a 2.7L and ten speed transmission. With the exception of some goofy shifting it has been good up to about 19k miles. First problem was noise from the wheel ends. Brought it in and was found to have a massive oil leak. Those things were fixed and a thousand miles later I had to have the front differential rebuilt, then about 300 miles later I’m having the front diff rebuilt again along with a wonky transfer case addressed that skips and grabs.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We just purchased a brand new 2018 Ford F150 XLT. While the experience at the dealership was horrendous, I'm also having issues with the truck as well. This is my second F150. The first was a 2013 and I'm still kicking myself for letting it go. The new 2018 is a mess. With 700 miles on it it got to face snow. My 2013 had automatic all wheel drive. This truck just slides down my street that doesn't get plowed. If I put it in 4H, I cannot turn! At all. Not even out of the driveway and onto the street. I've tried locking and unlocking and 4L. Unless I am in 2H, it won't turn. This severely limits where I can drive in this weather. The difference between the 2018 and the 2017 in 4WD makes me sick that I have the 2018.

I absolutely HATE the auto off function! While you can turn it off on your steering column and dash settings, you still have to push the center console button every single freaking time. And if I forget to turn it off, I can say goodbye to a full tank of gas. With it on I have to refill 3 weeks sooner than if its off. I was really sold on this 10 speed business. What that means is 3rd gear is what used to be 2nd gear and so on. So speeding up is choppy but not nearly as bad as slowing down. I have never driven anything like this. If you are looking for a smooth ride, this isn't it. My 2013 was like butter. This is like sliding down stairs on your face.

I can't plug my phone in! I should have brought a charger with me on the test drive. As soon as I plug in my phone, it goes to Android Auto. While you can exit out of that on your screen, it still causes issues. If I want to use the steering column to call someone in my phone, I have to unplug the phone or it brings up a Google search instead of the car's system. If I want to use Google Maps, I have to unplug the phone and start the directions before I can plug it back in. If I'm using my phone in the car when it's on I have to turn off Bluetooth or I have no sound. Unless it's plugged in. This is my fifth Ford. I've never experienced anything like this. I obviously made assumptions about charging my phone instead of checking it. I now have a long cord so o can plug my phone in from the back seat. You're sol if you don't have the cab.

My one star goes here. My Note 8 fits PERFECTLY in the center console. Snug as a bug. I believe Ford had to have coordinated with Samsung for this feature. It's the only thing I love about this truck. I also have the Android Auto app to unlock and remote start the truck. I was adamant that I needed remote start and accepted this as an option. The app occasionally works. If I hold down "unlock", leave my house, lock my front door and walk to the truck, I'm lucky if it's done and the door is actually unlocked. A few snowy cold days it didn't work at all. Which is why I wanted the remote start in the first place.

The tailgate lock is a new feature. I don't love it. I walked out to my locked truck with my hands full and no keys or phone, only to find out I couldn't put the tailgate down. As a woman, I don't like the all-or-nothing locking feature. There are so many times that I just want one thing unlocked at a time. This seems like a safety concern to me. And unless you have a cover of some kind, pointless. The passenger side back seat doesn't lock up. Not sure why. Driver's side does. That's the seat where the tools are stored so perhaps this is poor planning.

Dear Ford, if you're reading this, we need to fix the cup holders up front with the middle seating. It used to be that the floor set would slide in and out. Now it's a cheap piece of plastic that is locked in place either in or out by the seat. This is an extremely poor design for such small storage space down there I'll never use. It's far more likely that the seat will either be up or down for the majority of a driver's use. And flipping that seat up or down is nearly impossible from the driver's side anyhow. Unless I face the bed on my knees, I can't do it from that side.

I'm short. I never considered myself short until this truck. The seatbelt doesn't lower enough to cross my chest. It slices my neck while I drive. I don't want a ticket but I'll likely be decapitated in any accident. My husband and I have always loved "the extra wipe" as we call it. When you hit the washer fluid and the wipers go and then pause and go again. This has always been a Ford feature that we've loved. (Ford family). Not on this truck. No bonus wipe. I could keep going. Maybe in another post. But my advice is to thoroughly test drive and consider skipping this truck altogether. I cannot wait to get rid of it. No more Fords for this family.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I just recently purchased a brand new Ford F150 2018. Already the check engine light has came on twice for cylinder misfire. There's a recall on the rear doors for freezing shut. I have a rim that the coating is peeling off on and the paint is about the worst paint I have ever seen on a car - scratches when you look at. I also have a leaking radiator that has to be replaced and this is all on a brand new F-150 with 4000 miles on it. I have called World Headquarters and let them know that this will be the last Ford I purchase and that their name was built on their reputation and now they're letting it slip away with cheap products, paint and interior makeup. Why do we pay more and more for cars with less quality and craftsmanship? I hope Ford sees my review and the multiple other ones about how the quality of the product has went down exponentially.

Ford F-150 Company Information