Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
3.29/5

Ford F-150

One of the most well-known trucks on the market, the Ford F-150 is a light-duty truck. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

292 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I bought my Ford used but I also know that the company has had many complaints on the same issues I feel like should have been addressed. I bought a 2010 Ford F150. The day I drove it off the lot I had to take it to shop to have rear end replaced because of the clutches which I got fixed then turned around and here we are exactly a year later my truck not only needs the rear end fixed again but also four wheel drive as well as cam phasers less than 100,000 miles and the truck not only looks like crap with paint peeling but you can't drive it. Not to mention the fact that due to Ford's negligence of not taking care of certain complaints I can't even get into my truck due to health issues.

Most every single thing I've posted on here including what is causing me to have health issues has been complained about multiple times and has been looked over. I do not recommend getting a Ford to anyone and I will never own another one and this is my second Ford F150. The first one had some issues but nothing like the 2010 or later and my first one was an 02 which its main issues was throwing spark plugs and breaking coil packs.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I ordered my 2015 Ford F-150 from the factory March 2015. Day one: driver seat leather had a crease. Diagnosis: tighten the leather. Returned to dealership as that failed. Solution: new leather with new cushion. The seat now squeaks and has two permanent tracks in it as the metal frame is now embedded in the leather. Transmission from gear 4 to 5 started to abruptly shift as anticipated after reading Consumer Reports. Windshield wiper stopped working. Ford diagnosed the wiper motor-fried. They wanted $400 for the part alone. Researched and tested the motor myself and the motor worked fine but the wiper linkage was seized. After being only 3 years old, are you kidding me! Told them to pound sand and did the work myself? Part $98 and one hour of my time - thanks YouTube. Ford still stuck me with the initial $60 diagnosis fee and would not refund the misdiagnosis on their part.

The large console storage box between driver and passenger seat; the spring went in the lid so it's now like a Gelatine. Upper ball joint, passenger front, had to be replaced and not by Ford, yup by me. I am at 140,000 highway kilometers now and the alternator just went. Of course you cannot get an aftermarket one. $390 for the alternator and $180 for the labor = $570. Thanks again Ford. Truck has great curb appeal and free of any dents and visually in pristine condition. FORD and the aluminum body: it's much lighter than most trucks and therefore easier to push off the road or home.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

My F150 XLT super cab Flex Fuel Vehicle was ordered with a CNG capable option meaning it has hardened valve seats. I ordered the 3:31 rear axle ratio and like the electronic fuel monitoring displays. It got 18MPG around town and 22MPG highway. At 500 miles I added a compressed natural gas conversion kit and now get 30MPG around town and 35+MPG on highway. The engine has 16 gasoline injectors which are not shut off when CNG is added. The engine computer thinks it has a tailwind going downhill and reduces gasoline flow to make room for the CNG supplement. The Ford ECM and oxygen sensor system controls the air/fuel ratio. I can switch to 100% gasoline if CNG runs out but the FFV learns to like the CNG+gasoline mixture. So far it has been a beautiful truck for me.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have a well taken care of 2013 Ford F-150 with 45,000 miles on it. I have noticed paint bubbling with rust forming underneath the paint on the drivers side rear quarter panel. I have contacted Ford corporation which put me in contact with Mat a regional manager at Ford. I explained my situation to him and he had told me to get an estimate at a Ford body shop to see what they can do. I wound up getting the estimate where I have my Ford dealership, and the supervisor of the paint and body shop looked at my truck. He seen the paint bubbling and told me that there is nothing that I could have done to prevent this. He said he seen it before and sometimes from the factory. Ford misses spots with the rust Inhibitor.

So with that thinking it's definitely not my fault and it was an oversight from the factory. I figured for sure Ford would either pay for or pay something towards my repairs which totaled $740.00 dollars. Mat calls me back and tells me Ford will not pay for or give me anything towards the repairs. So now I speak with another manager Peter who tells me, "Well let's see what we can do", and he calls back and tells me the same thing. I have two Ford vehicles. Ford demonstrated to me how much they care for their customers. I'm so disgusted by them.

Original review: July 17, 2018

In early 2016 had 95000km on truck (2011 F150 3.5 L EcoBoost). Complained to dealership service rep at that time about no pick up in the truck. Had the extended warranty up to Aug 2016. Service rep started to get irate and stated, "This EcoBoost engine is great and there have never been problems." Now 2018 with only 119,000 km on the truck and the timing chain needs to be replaced. Ford will not pay but dealership is paying for some of the cost to replace timing chain. Had a Ford Focus station wagon with 120,000km from 2005 to 2011 with no problems. I traded it in for the EcoBoost F150. Bad decision.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-150?

Original review: June 28, 2018

2012 F150 Lariat: Worst experience ever. First I had electrical issues at 60,000 km. The truck turned off while I was driving, I lost all breaking and steering. It was the scariest moment of my life while driving. I was lucky not to die or crash the vehicle. $3500.00 later no warranty. Next at 120,000km, my timing chain broke, $4000.00 to get that fixed and the shop said, "Oh yeah that happens all the time." Also the truck has cold break issues, what I mean is the breaks don't work when you first start to drive, also super scary when you live in the mountains, I almost went off a cliff 3 times (would have died if I didn't get lucky with a down tree to stop me. DO NOT GET A FORD TRUCK.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Thanks to the electric adjustments of the steering wheel, seat and pedals, it is very easy to find the ideal position and the one that best suits you to drive. The large windows and the already characteristic cut of the Wolf (F-150) in the window of the driver and passenger work very well to have a panoramic view in any direction, something very necessary in a vehicle of its dimensions. Finally, it is not that you need it, but the panoramic awning gives you a feeling of greater interior spaciousness.

Obviously one of the biggest and most representative changes of this new generation of Lobo is the aluminum body, but the revolution does not stop there because although we still find versions with the 5.0L V8 engine called "Coyote", the big bet of the brand is the replacement of the same by the 3.5L EcoBoost V6 that relies on a pair of turbos to increase the torque figure and match the delivery curve, two things that are indispensable in a vehicle load and/or drag. I like that my car is an off-road vehicle, which due to work and travel conditions allows me to travel comfortably and be able to carry my work implements all the time, which allows it to be more profitable for the company.

Original review: June 27, 2018

45 days ago my Ford F-150 Platinum had an issue with the air conditioner going off, radio stuck on, blind spot malfunctions, tire pressure malfunctions, key detector malfunction, running boards won’t come out, windows won’t roll down, door locks won’t work, and many more issues. Brought it to dealership and it still sits there broken. They changed a module and a sensor and now they say it needs a different module that’s on a National back order. No estimated time of when it will be fixed. Truck just made a year old and only has 15,000 miles. Very dissatisfied and this has turned me completely off of Ford vehicles.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Ford F-150 - This has been one of the best trucks I have ever owned. The EcoBoost motor is fantastic with the 3.5 liter engine. I have the max tow package of 12,200 lbs in a short bed and pull a 12,000 lb 5th wheel and on open ground. It is effortless for it to pull. I would highly recommend this truck over a Dodge or Chevrolet as it is far ahead of both in new technology.

Now for a problem. Ford has found it necessary to use cheap chrome capped lug nuts on their chrome rims. Meaning it is a steel lug nut with a cap that remains on even while removing them from the wheel. What this does is the cap takes damage every time your wheels are rotated and after about 5 to 8 wheel rotations the lug nuts are no good anymore. If you put them back on and have a flat on the side of the road you may not be able to remove them. Ford wants over $175 for a set of 24. Come on FORD you can't use regular all steel chrome plated lug nuts!!!

Original review: June 21, 2018

My Ford F-150 is a good reliable vehicle with an overall appealing look. It has a lot of amenities that are nice and it's a quiet smooth ride. It's comfortable and the interior is spacious with plenty of room for our family. The folding center front seat/console is convenient for my large family. But has some issues with door locks. The key fob replacements are expensive and when the body control module went out it was not fun to replace. Still, it was definitely worth taking to the dealer for this specific problem. I have traded vehicles many times but I don't want to trade this one.

Ford F-150 Company Information