Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.72/5

Ford F-150

One of the most well-known trucks on the market, the Ford F-150 is a light-duty truck. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

324 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 9, 2019

I should have done my own walk-around inspection. I noticed the check engine light on as I drove it home for the first time at 80 miles. The service department was closed so I took it in the next day and they "couldn't figure out what the problem is." I am in a small loaner SUV indefinitely.

Original review: March 2, 2019

So, we bought a new 2017 2.7 liter EcoBoost, with a 6 speed transmission. Great truck. Then around 10,000 kms it starts to blow white smoke upon start up. As most people know, white smoke usually means, you're blowing antifreeze. The dealer says they can't find a problem. Eventually they offer me a 2018 F-150 for the same payment per month, sounds good right? I get my 2018 F-150 but this one I wanted a V8 5.0 liter with the ten speed transmission. Big mistake, long story short. I checked the oil between oil changes, before 12,000 kms to find out on the dipstick I was almost out of oil. By the way, I park in the same spot everyday at work, and have zero oil leaks. Ford doesn't have any answers yet. Also, my 10 speed transmission downshifts very hard. Was told it's not showing any codes. Not happy with Ford.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Updated on 05/18/2019: Bought a new F-150. Ford agrees with me that my F-150 is a lemon law buyback. I have been trying to negotiate, by the law in my state, with Ford. Ford refuses to apply the lemon law correctly to my situation. For example, I had 2 trade ins with zero negative equity, a large cash down payment, thousands of dollars made in payments, a large sum in Ford Customer Cash Rebates and somehow Ford says I need to pay several thousands of dollar more in order for Ford to complete the buyback process of their defective F-150. Ford knew prior to selling the f-150 that it has known defects Ford can’t fix. Ford is dishonest and fraudulent. Ford doesn’t care about consumers or the law. Buyer beware. Do not buy a ford product.

Original review: Loud whining noise. Down 5-6 miles per gallon fuel economy. Clunking. Delays of power to wheels causing vehicle to jerk back and forth so bad my kids complain about it. Severe steering problems. Pulls left, pulls right. Steering wheel binds steering wheel constantly pulsating. Engine knocking. Engine rattles. Door latches have frozen shut in cold weather. Not safe to drive Ford. Corporate says they only go by what Dealership tells them and Dealership tells me that I am wasting their time on warranty work. Ford and the dealership are terrible. Absolute junk. Will never buy another Ford. Shame on Ford for expecting people to work hard to pay for 100% junk unsafe truck. Do not buy a new F-150. You will regret it.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I purchased a new Fx4 with the 3.5l ten speed transmission and have no complaints whatsoever. Shifting is smooth and quiet starting or stopping. This is my fifth new Ford pickup in about eighteen years. I have never had mechanical problems with any of the pickups. I also drive like a bat out of hell along with huge amounts of miles on every one of them. Love them.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I special order this truck. Put $5000.00 down and waited 3 months to receive it. It is a great truck except that the 10 speed transmission make you hate this truck.

80% of the gear shift happens out of time causing a bump/slam on the transmission. Downshifting to a stop is the worst for it really hard shift every time you come to a stop. It has being at the dealer 4 times and every time the response is "it is normal". It is not. It is a piece of junk. To make it worst the so called adaptation, which is supposed to learn your drive style and make the shifting better, do the opposite to the point I need to erase its memory every 500 miles... It is irritating.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-150?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I have owned a 2016 Ford F150 since new, now with 50k miles. Thus far my transmission slams, windshield wipers won't turn off, and my phone never connects to the sync system. To me, these trucks are slapped so quickly together and everything is built as cheaply as possible. It doesn't ride well, and with the aluminum frame, a breeze flexes the body panels.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I've owned both from new... Ford F-150 52k and had to install a catch can and have to drain it frequently. Bad pinion bearings in rear end 1k. Replace the wheel bearings front and back, all brake rotors, both front wheel lockers, 2 Piece drive shaft, still have something grinding like a wheel bearing noise with vibration so I'm waiting for the transfer case or transmission to fail. 122k on it. Never tow or haul heavy, just a Motorcycle and a ATV. Toyota has my vote. Had a 2004 for 200k miles worry free Toyota.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I wish I would have never bought this 2018 F150 5.0! The engine rattles every time I let off the gas when it is cold and the rattle only just gets quieter when the engine is warm but is still there. The transmission shifts weird when cold. There is a strange turkey call type noise coming from somewhere in the rear end under acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear. The dash is warped and bowed up and dumb looking. I am so unhappy with this truck. I paid a for me an extremely large amount of money for this vehicle and Ford isn't making any attempts to fix anything. I had the TSB computer reflash done for the engine rattle and it does absolutely nothing for it. And Ford will not authorize any repairs for the warped dash. What a joke. I will never buy a Ford junk product again I hope they go bankrupt and out of business!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Updated on 02/08/2019: So Ford Motor finally responded to my trucks erratic 10 speed transmission issue. (I had the truck into the dealership for the 4th time, this last time they had it for 4 days). Ford's official response to me through dealership: "Yes after we reset the transmission software, the truck will drive much better for few weeks, but the AI software then learns my driving habits and it will change accordingly” - there is nothing wrong with it! So Ford is telling me that I chose to have the transmission hang out of gear when braking from 50 mph until I am almost stopped and then it drops in with a thunderous noise and the back of the truck almost leaving the pavement! Not to mention very rough upshifts with gears 1-5. Ford has a very big problem on its hands with this buggy transmission. I am dumping my 2018 F 150 and buying a GMC with their proven 8 speed transmission.

Original Review: 10 speed transmission performance is very erratic. My 2018 with 13K miles is back to dealer. 4th time. They reloaded transmission software 2x. The transmission realized a very positive improvement for a couple of weeks. Thereafter the erratic shifting returns. The dealer has had it all week now with no known solution identified to resolve problem. At times very rough up and downshifting. Sometimes when breaking from 40-60 mph, transmission hangs up out of gear without typical downshifts as I break. On a few occasions it shows it is in 7th-8th gear as I brake to 10 mph and then all of a sudden it drops several gears with a very loud and truck shaking experience. All other experiences with truck has been good; simply put a very buggy/faulty transmission.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I purchased a 2018 F-150 EcoBoost with a 2.7L and ten speed transmission. With the exception of some goofy shifting it has been good up to about 19k miles. First problem was noise from the wheel ends. Brought it in and was found to have a massive oil leak. Those things were fixed and a thousand miles later I had to have the front differential rebuilt, then about 300 miles later I’m having the front diff rebuilt again along with a wonky transfer case addressed that skips and grabs.

Ford F-150 Company Information