3.71/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford F-150

One of the most well-known trucks on the market, the Ford F-150 is a light-duty truck. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford F-150 Reviews

Original review: April 3, 2019

I wanted to make a complaint about Ford Motor Co. On yesterday, April 2, 2019 my Ford F150 truck exploded into fire without a cause, the engine wasn't on nor the keys in the ignition. The fire generated under the hood and completed destroyed the vehicle. It also caught my grass in my front yard on fire. If I had walked out to go to work 5 minutes earlier I would have lost my life.

The cause of the fire started from some unknown source from under the hood!!! My request from Ford is to compensate my family with another vehicle because this was my only means for transportation to go to work! This request is very reasonable due to the fact that no one lost their lives. I have pictures as well as a video that I can submit as evidence.

Please let me know how I submit this evidence to you and I will get it done expeditiously. Traumatized and disappointed of my vehicle situation, I have a wife and 8 children, 2 grandchildren, and a niece that I care for and I'm graceful to God that no one was in the truck because it would have been nearly impossible to get everyone out of the car in time without losing lives!!!

Original review: April 1, 2019

2011 F-150 EcoBoost. Good truck for the first 30k miles.

1st - front tires wear in a weird pattern and constantly... been to 2 tire shops and a dealer, all of which can't figure out why. Never been wrecked.
      2nd - rear window defrost quit working at around 60k. Dealer said I need a whole new rear window.
      3rd - both rear door latches broke and wouldn't open.
      4th - when heater is on high it makes a loud knocking noise under the dashboard.
      5th - tailgate latch needed replaced.
      6th - at about 132k miles, I had to replace the engine due to timing chain and cam phaser issues.
      7th - catalytic converter is needed replaced.

8th - now I have a turbo that went bad!

All this on a 40 thousand dollar truck! NEVER again Ford... promise!

Original review: March 9, 2019

I should have done my own walk-around inspection. I noticed the check engine light on as I drove it home for the first time at 80 miles. The service department was closed so I took it in the next day and they "couldn't figure out what the problem is." I am in a small loaner SUV indefinitely.

Original review: March 2, 2019

So, we bought a new 2017 2.7 liter EcoBoost, with a 6 speed transmission. Great truck. Then around 10,000 kms it starts to blow white smoke upon start up. As most people know, white smoke usually means, you're blowing antifreeze. The dealer says they can't find a problem. Eventually they offer me a 2018 F-150 for the same payment per month, sounds good right? I get my 2018 F-150 but this one I wanted a V8 5.0 liter with the ten speed transmission. Big mistake, long story short. I checked the oil between oil changes, before 12,000 kms to find out on the dipstick I was almost out of oil. By the way, I park in the same spot everyday at work, and have zero oil leaks. Ford doesn't have any answers yet. Also, my 10 speed transmission downshifts very hard. Was told it's not showing any codes. Not happy with Ford.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Updated on 05/18/2019: Bought a new F-150. Ford agrees with me that my F-150 is a lemon law buyback. I have been trying to negotiate, by the law in my state, with Ford. Ford refuses to apply the lemon law correctly to my situation. For example, I had 2 trade ins with zero negative equity, a large cash down payment, thousands of dollars made in payments, a large sum in Ford Customer Cash Rebates and somehow Ford says I need to pay several thousands of dollar more in order for Ford to complete the buyback process of their defective F-150. Ford knew prior to selling the f-150 that it has known defects Ford can’t fix. Ford is dishonest and fraudulent. Ford doesn’t care about consumers or the law. Buyer beware. Do not buy a ford product.

Original review: Loud whining noise. Down 5-6 miles per gallon fuel economy. Clunking. Delays of power to wheels causing vehicle to jerk back and forth so bad my kids complain about it. Severe steering problems. Pulls left, pulls right. Steering wheel binds steering wheel constantly pulsating. Engine knocking. Engine rattles. Door latches have frozen shut in cold weather. Not safe to drive Ford. Corporate says they only go by what Dealership tells them and Dealership tells me that I am wasting their time on warranty work. Ford and the dealership are terrible. Absolute junk. Will never buy another Ford. Shame on Ford for expecting people to work hard to pay for 100% junk unsafe truck. Do not buy a new F-150. You will regret it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-150?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I purchased a new Fx4 with the 3.5l ten speed transmission and have no complaints whatsoever. Shifting is smooth and quiet starting or stopping. This is my fifth new Ford pickup in about eighteen years. I have never had mechanical problems with any of the pickups. I also drive like a bat out of hell along with huge amounts of miles on every one of them. Love them.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I special order this truck. Put $5000.00 down and waited 3 months to receive it. It is a great truck except that the 10 speed transmission make you hate this truck.

80% of the gear shift happens out of time causing a bump/slam on the transmission. Downshifting to a stop is the worst for it really hard shift every time you come to a stop. It has being at the dealer 4 times and every time the response is "it is normal". It is not. It is a piece of junk. To make it worst the so called adaptation, which is supposed to learn your drive style and make the shifting better, do the opposite to the point I need to erase its memory every 500 miles... It is irritating.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I have owned a 2016 Ford F150 since new, now with 50k miles. Thus far my transmission slams, windshield wipers won't turn off, and my phone never connects to the sync system. To me, these trucks are slapped so quickly together and everything is built as cheaply as possible. It doesn't ride well, and with the aluminum frame, a breeze flexes the body panels.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I've owned both from new... Ford F-150 52k and had to install a catch can and have to drain it frequently. Bad pinion bearings in rear end 1k. Replace the wheel bearings front and back, all brake rotors, both front wheel lockers, 2 Piece drive shaft, still have something grinding like a wheel bearing noise with vibration so I'm waiting for the transfer case or transmission to fail. 122k on it. Never tow or haul heavy, just a Motorcycle and a ATV. Toyota has my vote. Had a 2004 for 200k miles worry free Toyota.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I wish I would have never bought this 2018 F150 5.0! The engine rattles every time I let off the gas when it is cold and the rattle only just gets quieter when the engine is warm but is still there. The transmission shifts weird when cold. There is a strange turkey call type noise coming from somewhere in the rear end under acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear. The dash is warped and bowed up and dumb looking. I am so unhappy with this truck. I paid a for me an extremely large amount of money for this vehicle and Ford isn't making any attempts to fix anything. I had the TSB computer reflash done for the engine rattle and it does absolutely nothing for it. And Ford will not authorize any repairs for the warped dash. What a joke. I will never buy a Ford junk product again I hope they go bankrupt and out of business!

Ford F-150 Company Information