Find a Car Brands partner

Ford Cars and Trucks

3.9/5 (2068 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford makes cars and trucks for individuals and families of all sizes. Read reviews for several of their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Ford Cars and Trucks Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Cars and Trucks?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I have owned my share of Ford cars and trucks since 1979. I used to believe they were the best and the quality was off the chart. However of lately, my past two 2017 Ford’s were not the Fords I have had in the past. The quality has gone from 10 to about a 7 at best. I have recently owned and still drive my 2017 Taurus and recently parted with my 2017 F250 Diesel pickup. The truck wasn’t as bad as the Taurus but there were minor things. The truck had starting issues, and the quality of products used was not up to par in my opinion.

Mechanically it seemed to hold its own, I didn’t like how the computer limited its capabilities to be the truck it could actually be. As for the Taurus, it is a good mechanical sound driving vehicle as I expect from a Ford. However the body panels don’t line up, misaligned doors to 1/4 panels, the hood and trunk don’t fit correctly. I got a really good deal on it and didn’t take it to heart too much. But now after year 3.5 I am starting to notice rust sitting in the gutter of the trunk lid, that is unacceptable. There are a lot of people who drive Fords today or in the past because of my tenacity about them. However now not so much so. I recently bought my wife a Chrysler 300 Sedan, it is a nice well built car, I become more and more impressed with it over my beloved Fords.

I have owned probably over 50 vehicles in my life time, mostly Ford’s and a few GMs. Dodge hasn’t been a player since the early 70’s. Now they are back on the map! I am impressed and GM has made their way back as well. Ford needs to tighten up again. I was looking forward to possibly buying The new Bronco, however, I am really looking at the Rams and Dodges right now... If we continue to have good fortune with the Chrysler it will motivate me to move away from the Ford line.

Trust me I live and breathe Ford’s, my RV is The F53 RV Chassis with the V10, I love it! My late 90 and early 2000 Ford’s were much better, quality, craftsmanship and sheer engineering ingenuity. Just thought I would share. I have had at least one (1) Ford all my 45 years of driving. Not bad, but times have changed and so has Ford unfortunately. Breaks my heart. I hope they turn it around before it is too late, especially after dropping their automobiles. I plan on making a purchase in the next year, hoping to be my final purchase in my life time.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

As if this 2020 hasn’t been awful enough, Lincoln/Ford has now been doing their part to bury what little is left of the year. I’ve been trying for nearly 4 months to get into another Lincoln, which would be my 4th consecutive Lincoln/Ford, but I’ve had nothing nightmare-after-nightmare unfold. I’ve actively reached out to the dealer and the individual that I have purchased my current lease through and either haven’t gotten responses or have been getting sky-high pricing. I’ve reached out to at least 20 dealers across the states of NY/NJ/PA and I’ve been met with ridiculous/oppressive pricing and dealers not willing to even discuss pricing. I have the GM of Causeway Lincoln, Dave ** telling me he won’t even talk to me (and this is the first time I’ve reached out to them, so not like there is a bad history). Imagine this lunacy when trying to give people business?

Now Lincoln is telling me that if I don’t get another vehicle, which I’ve been trying to do for months, that I will be penalized many hundreds of dollars. This is how they treat the loyalty that I’ve given, the money that I’ve spent, and the referrals that I’ve brought them. They’ve told me to buy more or get penalized. This has not only soured my time with the dealers, but with the brand as a whole. Clearly they have gone into the business of confiscation, not customer service.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

To be brief: More than a dozen phone calls. More than half a dozen emails. Two different Map Update Drives. Poor Customer Service - No knowledge of system, careless attitude, multiple call you backs (without a call back). No follow up. Completely messed up Navigation System in vehicle. System will not update, continues to flash screen throughout the day while driving about incomplete update, voice command Nav totally disabled, maps reverted to earlier version with missing data. Suggestion: Don't buy a FORD. They don't understand the tech they put in their vehicles and will give you the run around hoping you will go away instead of fixing the problem.

Resolution response: Nov. 14, 2020

Problem solved.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

Hi, I have purchased new Ford Freestyle petrol in Sep 2020. I am having extreme bad experience with ford dealership and overall quality of vehicle. Nowadays ford is spending more on advertisement and fooling to customers. As compared to price of any ford vehicle you will find better options in market from other car manufacturer (Kia, MG, Hyundai). There 100% frauds are happening at ford car service center. Staff is truly careless. If you complain to Ford India about poor service, nothing happens. Ford India turn their finger towards dealership. All dealers are forcing to customers to give them highest rating. Day by day build quality also compromised by Ford. I want to return my vehicle to Ford and want refund of my whole money.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I bought a 2016 Limited Ford Explorer in November 2016, I was actually spoiling myself with a vehicle that wasn't 5+ years old. When purchasing from the dealership I had nothing but problems with the driving, had to take back multiple times as the alignment was very off. Turns out I was being sold the vehicles with tires that wouldn't pass inspection. So I just decided never to go to or use that dealership again. Now fast forward not even 4 years later. I was driving down the highway when suddenly I lose all power steering. I managed to get my vehicle back to my local Ford Dealer. I now need the entire steering rack replaced. That costs $2100 plus tax. This is ridiculous for a vehicle that is less than 5 years old. Called customer service and they say they will mark it as a case but until they have many of the same complaints or problems and Ford releases a statement there is nothing they can do about it.

I am just so appalled at lack of concern Ford has shown that this young vehicle has this serious of a problem. This is defective and should not be blowing like this. We've always been a Chevy family & took a chance on this vehicle, what a wrong decision I have made. I have never had to drop that kind of money on any vehicle, I drove my Chevy Trailblazer well past 200,000 miles before I had anything more than your wear & tear issues.

I remember over a course of a summer I had to drop about $3000 overall for those wear & tear issues. Now I have no vehicle of my own to drive until this is repaired and I have to wait a few days for parts to be shipped. So what am I driving while I wait for mine to be fixed? Well I am driving my Dad's old pickup, a 2005 Chevy Silverado. I had loved this vehicle up until now, and I am going to now look at getting rid of it because what other major problem is going to happen next. Plus I was lucky this time that no one got hurt, that I didn't get into or cause an accident when I suddenly lost steering control on a highway of 65 mph.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Purchased a Ford Transit 2020 from this place. I submitted my review for Ford.com but they did not publish it because it was a one star. Two main reasons for one star: They sold me a car without passenger seat. I thought I can install a seat. When I went to pick up the car, they told me it doesn’t have any passenger airbags. Factory removed them! If they have told me I would never buy this car. It is not safe to operate. It took them one 8 days to finish the paper work for my car, and they only did it because I keep following up with them.

I purchase that car remotely, by phone. We agreed on a price that was 300$ less than MSRP. They called me after a while saying that somebody else is willing to buy the car for the whole MSRP price and I need to pay the full price if I want it. Who changes his word for 300$, one a 50+K$ car? They removed a 1$ Funnel in the car to fill it from a canister. In my way home, I ran out of gas. I went to a gas station and filled a canister and came back then I couldn’t find the funnel to fill the tank and had to wait a long time for road side assistant. The passenger door on my brand new 2020 car rattled sometime and you have to open and close it several times to fix this. Need to the new car to the dealership. The MPG is way lower than what advertised.

Original review: June 10, 2020

2017 Escape SE, purchased brand new. We are not hard on our cars! Maintain them as required, had a 2010 Escape hybrid that we had for 11 years and loved it. That's what prompted us to buy another. Any way 30,000 miles engine light comes on then goes out. Starts to idle rough. The next day when I started the car the engine light comes back on and stays on. Call Ford dealer, they said drive it in. I do, they tell me new engine is required. Lucky still under warranty. They said it's okay to drive while they get the new engine, since we are in Hawaii everything takes a long time to get things anyway. So they tell me at least a month, but I am figuring on at least 2 months. Time will tell if the engine blows before I get the new one. FRUSTRATING!

Original review: April 25, 2020

I purchased a brand new 2019 Ford F150 that was damaged. 1 day later I returned it for a refund. Dealer said, "No, once you sign it is yours." Called Ford with no satisfaction either. Ford does not stand behind their products.

Original review: April 24, 2020

As a leasee with Ford leasing, two vehicles, I am disappointed that Ford does not support account holders when trying to log on to their account... when submitting inquiries about early termination of a lease... converting a lease to purchase before an existing lease is up. Like other large corporations, Ford's business model appears to basically be: For every customer lost, we get five new ones. Which follows the third world agricultural model of "slash and burn"... without sustainable "crops" planted. What we consumers need to do is collectively demand our "sovereignty" as consumers as written in America's "Free Market Bible" written by Adam Smith... we.. the consumer decides fair treatment, not an overpaid executive core in the corporate board room.

Original review: April 20, 2020

This is a simple and clear issue. April 14, 2020 went to Big Valley Ford in Stockton California, located in the Stockton Auto Mall. My need from Big Valley Ford was a set of 4 new tires and a wheel alignment. Was told it would take 2 hours for the what I needed done. 1) I waited on-site at Big Valley Ford while the service was being completed, service personnel knew we were on-site. We were notified in-person by the Advisor our truck was done, within the 2 hour time frame. I was happy.

2) The Big Valley Ford Advisor had us pay our invoice prior to us taking our truck, the truck was slightly out of view so I could see while paying. After the payment we walked out to the truck and noticed the tires were installed incorrectly. The Advisor agreed the Tech installed the tires incorrectly, Advisor stated, "We will fix it." I was thinking okay 30mins is reasonable and asked how long, the Advisor stated it would be additional 2 hours for them to correct their mistake. The Advisor stated a new invoice would have to be created and my truck would be taken in the order of the invoice (My vehicle was at the back of the line again).

I was upset and the Advisor said they would check with management to see about a free oil change in the future. I said I didn't care about free stuff just get my truck in now and fix Big Valley Ford's mistake, the Advisor stated they could do that. So of-course I had no choice, I was upset and told the Advisor we were going to walk home. The Advisor said, "I could try to get you a shuttle ride home," I wasn't having the TRY moment again and walked home.

3) Big Valley Ford's Advisor called my home to let us know the tire were done correctly and the truck was ready for pick-up. I drove my wife to Big Valley Ford to pick up the truck, saw the tire were correctly mounted. Checked the tire pressure, the tire pressure was incorrect from what was placed on the invoice. I told the Advisor and asked how long would it take to get the tire inflated correctly, the Advisor stated it will be awhile. At this point my blood was boiling but kept my cool, I said never mind. I'll use my small electric air pump at home.

4) Drove the truck home from Big Valley Ford, we live about a mile from this dealership and parked it so I could get to it in the morning. I was hurting bad by this time (physically) from walking home. April 15, 2020 woke-up and went outside to air up the truck tires. I noticed one of the lug-nuts was wrong. I understand the newer vehicles have decorative caps over the lugs, checked the rest of the lugs and they had no play in the caps at all. This truck had 24 lug-nuts with no issues when I took the truck to Big Valley Ford the day prior, now I had 23 and one odd looking one.

5) Drove the truck back to Big Valley Ford and showed them, they promptly replaced the incorrect lug-nut. The mileage difference from the final invoice was around 2 miles, drove it straight home and straight back to Big Valley Ford. Spoke with the service manager at this time and all he would do is make excuses and downplay the problems I had, he said the lug-nut cap probably flew off when I drove home. I had him test all the others and they were solid, his tone changed a little however the manager just downplayed the series of mistakes as not being a big deal.

6) My background with Big Valley Ford, from 2003 to 2015 I have purchased 9 new vehicles for more than $300, 000.00 not including services. The last two NEW vehicles I purchased 2015 Ford Lariat Ecoboost 3.5L F150 FX4 ($60K) and 2015 Ford Fusion Ecoboost ($30K), I purchased the best warranty from Ford for both for over $5,000.00. The warranties expire in 2021.

7) I have handicap plates on my truck because I'm 100% disabled, this is why I hurt so much from walking home. Big Valley Ford Advisor knew this as I have had prior conversations about my military service and how I became disabled. 8) Big Valley Ford sent a free oil change coupon to my house and gave my wife 5 car-washes, again Big Valley Ford thinks giving free services makes things right. I told Big Valley Ford they had plenty of opportunities to make this right when it was happening. Customers deserve as a basic their vehicle returned in the same or better condition, all this mean is my truck should have been in better condition when I picked it up, New Tires. How many customers who didn't know Big Valley Ford made mistakes drove off, how many of these ended in accidents and people hurt or killed. 9) Ford Motor Company needs to get a head of this and do something to protect the Ford name and reputation.

Updated by ** · Apr 19, 2020. I forgot to mention I took the 5 free war-wash & Free oil change coupons back and gave them to the Advisor. Talked with the main manager and he treated my issue like I was a second rate customer and he also downplayed the issues with a lack of concern. I also paid cash for both vehicles (2015's).

Ford Cars and Trucks Company Information