Ford Cars and Trucks
3.51/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford makes cars and trucks for individuals and families of all sizes. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for several of their models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford Cars and Trucks Reviews

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

2012 3.5 ltr Ecoboost. Shame on Ford. I purchased a used one owner 2012 with 90k miles on it. Got to use it for about 15k more miles and then it had the same problem so many others have. Timing chain issues. Quotes from 2500 to 3500 to repair. Very poor design for many year models. Ford should be ashamed for not taking care of such a major problem. I had to eat some major negative equity on a trade to be free of this problem. The days of holding your head high for being a Ford owner are long gone. Shame on you, Bill Ford.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

My 2015 Ford Taurus was not completely shutting off after I turned off my car. The car was staying in accessory mode. I took it in for service and they said they could not find anything wrong. They told me I had to replace the battery. Diagnosis was a bad cell. I bought this car as a certified pre-owned and they replaced the battery before I bought the vehicle, they put the lowest-priced battery in the car.

The date stamp on the battery was 4/2017, and another sticker that said 3/36 meaning 3 years or 36,000 miles. I assumed that 3/36 was on the battery but apparently that is for the car warranty. Per Ford Customer Relations and the dealership, the date stamp means nothing and the battery would not be covered. Just keep this in mind if you experience this same problem. They offered me two different batteries, both were way overpriced compared to an auto parts store. You are better off saving a trip to the dealer and paying a deductible ($100.00 for me) and just go to your local auto parts store, get a battery that they will warranty!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Had not bought a vehicle in some years. Always go through Carfax but this time I couldn't. I was told I had a great deal to have the 2016 Ford Edge out the door for 25,000. Got home, checked Carfax and found they were advertising it for 22,901. They lied for a few hundred dollars. They will never get my business because they are deceptive. This was the second car from Gwinnett Place Ford. The first was a new 2001 Ford Ranger and we had to be real sharp and after maybe 5 to 6 hours, they finally honored the buy. This time they got away with the usual tactics. I will never ever buy another product from them, ever again. I am a Navy Veteran and I am disabled. A few hundred dollars is like thousands to me and my retired wife. Will also tell anyone else who wants to know about my experience with them. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

My 2018 Ford Transit Connect Titanium car that my wife and children drive we started noticing the car having hard times to turn left or right. We discovered that the carpet floor mat keeps getting sucked underneath the dash because of the turning mechanism from the steering wheel. I’m sure this is going to be a recall that nobody’s noticed yet but it is very dangerous. If my wife God forbid was to make a turn in the carpet gets stuck in the steering mechanism it would keep it from turning the way she’s going and can cause an accident. I don’t know where to go from here. Someone please help. Thanks again.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Having good experience with giving the exact point of view and rating in the market with showing the income of the company with employee treatment. Good information with pros and cons - lots of interaction with data.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I’ve owned F150 trucks for the last 20 years. They are usually the leader in design of different component upgrades from year to year. But I’m disappointed in them letting GMC beat them to the tailgate design they have. That’s one thing that’s really helpful in getting up inside the bed, that would almost cause me to switch but not likely. Tighten up Ford.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My 2019 F150 4X4 Supercrew has 1200 miles on it and was purchased July 1, 2018. The driver's side door makes a loud cracking noise when opened or closed. It started out of nowhere approx 2 days ago. I’ve only driven it about 15 times. I took it to the dealer, Pompano Ford, and 2 service techs and a body shop tech looked at. The 2 service techs said it might need to be lubricated, but the body shop tech said the black hinge was faulty and needed to be replaced. It’s difficult to tell if the noise is coming from the part of the hinge that’s connected to the door, or the part that is connected to the body. He said the door has to be taken off to replace it. I asked him if the door would be put back on the way it was new, he stated he couldn’t guarantee it would be exact, but may be slightly off after the repair. They did not have the part, but would contact me when the part arrived.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Part unavailable for my 2015 F-350. I purchased this truck in April of this year. It is a King Ranch. Shortly after picking up the truck a couple of warning lights came on. Took it back to the dealership and was told it needs a RCM Harness which was currently unavailable. The truck was still in warranty so I left it with the dealership awaiting a part. That was April 19, 2019. The truck is still there and there is no ETA on this part. Ford customer service has sent me an email regularly saying there is no idea when this will be available.

In the meantime I have a brand new camper (5th wheel) and no way to use it. I have been told this is not uncommon for this model and I wonder why it is taking so long for a part to be available. I feel Ford as well as the dealership should offer some serious compensation for this as the previous owner traded it due to this problem (he told me) and the dealership did not disclose it however Ford has not addressed the issue.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Thousands of customers have experienced problems with changing spark plugs. Changing spark plugs should be a simple maintenance job. Thousands of people including myself have had their spark plugs break and get stuck in the cylinder head. Ford settled a class action suit because of the defective spark plugs, but the majority of those affected by this problem never saw a dime. Now the consumer is stuck footing the bills for what should have been Ford's responsibility. Ford charges $600 to change the spark plugs, and if they break, that's considered the customer's problem and costs more money. Often the broken plugs cannot be removed and the customer has to buy all new heads. This problem is affecting thousands of Ford owners, who are unknowing about the problem until they are stuck with broken plugs. This should be Ford's responsibility to fix, not on the consumer!!!

Original review: July 27, 2019

Worst experience ever for purchasing a brand new truck with 9 miles on it. Didn't even have the truck 24hrs and the truck dies on the side of the highway. All the dealership Framingham Ford and Ford motor company could say is, "Sorry. We'll fix it." Not one offer of an extended warranty or a gift card of some sorts. They don't care about there consumers. They just care about taking your money.

Ford Cars and Trucks Company Information