2. Automotive

Ford Cars and Trucks

Ford Cars and Trucks
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.67/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Ford Cars and Trucks Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I tell everyone I know to stay as far away from Ford as possible! They are liars and they will do everything and anything to ruin people. They will ruin your credit over $44.00 instead of contacting the customer. They tell you they didn’t have your phone number to contact you even though you have proof that you received a call and spoke with someone 2 weeks earlier. They are out to ruin people!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Updated on 02/18/2020: So I call Ford Customer service today, again and because I haven't received any updates on my complaint I ask for Adriana **'s supervisor to see if maybe I can get a ending in all this ridiculous and absurd case of malfunctioning Ford USB navigation update. So again nothing, I have to wait and see if this supervisor will respond....I will keep calling and posting because this is the only way that I may help others not to make the same mistake and purchase a navigation system update by using the USB that Ford is selling for 152 dollars.

Updated on 02/12/2020: After I received an email from Ford customer service said that I need to call the Ford dealer director....after a month 1/2....I decided to call today again and I call 7 times asking for help....the last person that I talked to told me that I have to call 18009008458....navigation system customer support, so I spoke with Melanie, explain my problem and you are not going to believe this, she said that there is nothing she can do, that I have to call Ford customer service 18003923673...again. I call 7 times today...."Sorry you have to call back so they can call us...." call us....I pay 154 for an update on my navigation system and 107 to fix the part that was damage by the USB that Ford send me and now there is no one who is responsible to all this and there is nothing that I can do to have my money back.

Original Review: I'm the owner of a Ford F150 and I was advised by a letter from Ford motor company that my navigation system needed an update and for me to be able to have it I have to purchase. Went to the website and after writing down the VIN number and the navigation system code I paid 175 dollars. After a fews day I received and USB with all the installed instructions. The truck need to be running and it will take around 60 minutes, so I sat and followed the instructions, after a few seconds my screen was white and said navigation system error and then the alarm of the truck went off and the radio. So I decided to call to the number that it was showing in the USB box. Customer support. I was talking to a person name Jasmin. Tried really because her background was a baby crying, so she put me on hold. Wait and wait.

I decided to call my Ford dealership and explain the situation. The only solution it was for me to drove and get my battery. That resolve the sound problem, but my navigation system was white and showed a navigation error. So I decided to made an appointment to the following day which was Monday at 9am. Monday the only person who does fix this type of problem show up and say, "I don't have time today, come back tomorrow, maybe tomorrow." maybe? So I need another appointment to Thursday at 8am. There I was listening to the manager talking to customer service. "Doesn't she has a guarantee?" "Yes she has." "Well let order the part." Part? I just need an update.

As a result I have to paid another 107. The USB that I received from Ford motor company damaged my navigation system and a part needed to be replaced. I call Ford motor complaint department and explain all the situation, and after a month of calls and emails I received an email said this is the director phone number for you to call it. What I want, I want my money back that's all. There was nothing wrong with my pickup before all this update thing. Did I got my update. I don't think so no.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

This is about Lugoff Ford and what has happened with Ford Corporate. Low levels of integrity especially when faced with legal grey areas. Spot deliveries should be removed as they do nothing but help the dealer and put the potential owners in a precarious position if the unapproved financing falls through. A disabled veteran, who has never purchased a new truck finally decides to make the leap, a dealership who on the surface seems amazing to deal with. One spot delivery and failed financing deal two days later, and the honeymoon is short lived.

Out of town and unable to review new documentation I requested the dealer to pick up its truck as financing had failed, it was their truck, and I couldn't give a yes or no until the paperwork was reviewed. Unfortunately for both parties, a drunk driver drove through my yard before my return, and broke the frame of this brand new truck. Putting on a wonderful front, attempting to help (at least on the surface), it seemed all was well. The insurance questioned who owned the truck, because documentation was never signed, and the fun began.

On the verge of harassment the dealership went so far as to say they would drive to wherever I was located to get me to sign the documentation, because, in their eyes, why wouldn't I sign the documents I never had a chance to go over. They went so far as to say that the approving credit union knew the truck was wrecked, and that it was deemed OK. A quick phone call to a branch manager proved that the dealership was lying and never disclosed the accident, as a result, the credit union started that neither I or they had financial responsibility to the new truck. The dealer then took the stance that regardless, I owned the truck, and it was my responsibility, and I was on my own. Calls left unanswered, phone calls never returned, and a GM who wouldn't make contact, in stepped lawyers on both sides.

A month later and the issue is unresolved, the dealer refuses to be amicable, and now they have gone so far as to push my personally identifiable information to ANOTHER creditor, obtain an approval without my permission or signature, and expect me to make a payment on a truck I have yet to sign for by the 7th of January.

As a disabled veteran, this is heartbreaking to be apart of, it has put me back in therapy. We have approached the VA and Prisma Health (my wife's place of employment) about publishing our story in their newsletter, as it obvious the only thing this dealer understands or respects is the bottom line. I will also be contacting, if approved, all local news outlets that are willing to listen, as this needs to be out in the open. I wonder how many lost customers this issue will cause? And for what? A truck? With so many Ford dealerships to choose from, Lugoff Ford (and by virtue the whole family of dealerships IE Lugoff Toyota, Carolina Dodge, etc.) needs to understand the repercussions of taking advantage of its disabled veterans and hospital workers.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

My complaint is with Ford Motor Company. My vehicle was covered under the power train warranty and I noticed sluggish shifting and jarring in low gears. Because it was within 60k miles, I took it to their service center. They said they created ROI but couldn't do anything until a service light came on. It felt unsafe to drive but I did continue driving, the service light came on when it downshifted too far and red lined. I took video and picture of this within the vehicle, but the light shut off before I could get back to them. They claimed they couldn't recover the code, but they did have my picture proving light had been on. They also drove vehicle and confirmed the mechanical issue I experienced.

This is all documented, but both the dealership and Ford is unwilling to service vehicle to satisfaction and now vehicle falls outside warranty mileage. I have all invoice documentation and pictures proving this, and Ford also said they can't fix vehicles without service light. This all took place over the course of 6 weeks or so, not years or even months. They are avoiding their warranty obligation.

Shortly after, the service light came on and Ford confirmed what I already new, Transmission issues. Even though I reported the issue within warranty with ROI invoice created, Ford refuses to pay full cost of repair because light didn't stay on until just outside of warranty miles. This is definitely deceptive and probably illegal to not cover the repair, which is why Ford is offering to cover "less than half." However, I would never recommend purchasing from Ford again as they don't back their warranties. It's unfortunate as I've been a Ford owner of new vehicles for years, but I can't recommend anymore. Quality control and lack of Warranty consistency has hurt this once great American Brand.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I ordered a Lincoln Aviator Black Label in April. In August I was given the VIN number and was told that this car would arrive in two weeks. As of this date (12/17/2019), the car has NEVER shown up. Because of this, I was forced to buy another car that was not the same as I ordered or wait until???? Now I find out that ALL the things that I thought were part of the Black label package are ONLY available at certain select dealers. And none of these are near my house. I cannot even get a free car wash. Also, yesterday my wife had a flat tire and when she called Lincoln she was told that there was nobody close enough to help her. So naturally she called me to fix the problem but only after damaging the tire trying to get off the road.

My question is how does anyone lose a car like the one I ordered after it is built?? And when you pay $7,500 extra for Black Label you should get something other than someone telling you that they cannot help you. Lincoln has a long way to go, to get their standards up to the foreign dealers. I called Lincoln today, and was advised that they will file my complaint. I am sure I know where!!!!

The car is sitting in the garage after I removed the tire myself and ordered a new one. It will be a week to get this new tire, without the use of any car. All this just days before Christmas. Someone should tell me why a 74 year old who just had abdominal surgery 4 weeks ago had to remove the tire and why I paid some much extra for a Black Label that means nothing??? I am writing this after talking to Lincoln and realizing that once they have you money, they could care less.

Robert **

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Decent truck. Would purchase again. Newer model. The issues I have had are consistent with age and normal wear and tear. Could run a little heavier, turn a little steadier, but in its price range it is good.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I bought the car the Friday after Thanksgiving. A good time to shop. It is a 2018. I've been looking for quite a while. I viewed many. This was the 'right' one because the price was 'right'! I love it!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The car itself is great for a couple with no kids, not much leg room in the back. However, since the company has decided to cease manufacture of all of its small cars my opinion of the company has tanked. Not everyone wants to drive an SUV.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I love driving my Ford Freestyle. I wish Ford still made them cause I'd buy another one. The only major thing I've had to replace in it is the air compressor. It's a great car. Gets great gas mileage. I'm very happy with Ford and would definitely look at buying another Ford in the future.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Buying the Ecosport was a mistake.

1) The size does not allow more than two to travel comfortably, especially on long trips. The trunk is tiny and the rear seats are needed for luggage.
2) The economy factor is negligent when compared to our former Ford Escape. Gas, upkeep, and general savings are costing about the same as before.
3) Comfort is absent. The seats do not present a good ride at all on anything but a good highway. Even then it’s noisy. Nor is it meant for country driving at all. I wish we had been told.

4) The dealership was not helpful when I asked for their help in going back to an Escape. The sales man said it was cost prohibitive and to call him in a few months. That’s not happening.

I’ve hated this car from day one. I can’t wait to change vehicles at another dealership and another company.

Ford Cars and Trucks Company Information