Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

37 Honda of Ocala Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2018

I've now bought 3 Hondas from Michael ** at Honda of Ocala and have always had a positive experience. Michael's knowledge of his products and the ease of doing business makes it easier to refer my friends! Thanks for all you do!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I have purchased 6 vehicles over a 10 year period from this dealership, the sales force and service department are top notch. I feel as though they have become my friends. Always treated as family and always feel welcomed. Thank you Honda of Ocala.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I purchased a used vehicle through the Honda of Ocala last year with Mike **. It was such a great experience. As a young girl I was very nervous about going in and purchasing a vehicle. I grew up with a father in the car business and always thought of the salesmen as "sharks." That was far from the experience I had. Mike made me feel comfortable and treated me like family. I truly believe I got the best deal in town. I continue to come to Honda of Ocala for routine maintenance and I'm always impressed. It never fails that Mike comes and says hello and checks up on how the vehicle is running. When I have to purchase again I will definitely go through Mike ** at Honda of Ocala.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Ryan was awesome, such a great character! He helped convince me to want the car, and also his boss to buy my trade in. Christmas was much more bittersweet! Ryan, thank you so helping us get the car, especially when we came in not thinking we were getting one! You’re awesome!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I am a loyal customer of Honda of Ocala and especially loyal to my salesman Michael. I have referred 2 of my friends and they both have bought CRV's and they love them as much as I do. When I was visiting a friend in New York state she asked me to help her lease a Honda HR-V. I called my salesman Michael and he advised me on what to look for. I am grateful for his support as I was able to help my friend get the car of her dreams. I will continue to refer people to Honda of Ocala and my salesman Michael. And I will be buying my next CRV from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Ocala?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Well me and my wife went to this dealership and met with Thomas who was a very nice salesmen. We had a lease that wasn't for us so I went to turn in this lease and Thomas show me and my wife a HRV EXL which was great. Your manager said that it was going to be 590 a month so we said no way so we had to to get LX which I am not happy about and your manager ** come running out and said to us we got a better interest rate. Okay so I had no other choice but to take the LX model sadly so we go into financial and sign contract so when get home my wife saw that we was charge 2399 for a warranty that we did not want.

If we was not charge for this we could have gotten the EXL so I go back to financial and talk to someone other than to first person I told him I did not want it so he tells me after, "** got you a lower rate." It took a while he said to me that they will take it off anyway. I am not happy with management so it look like me and my wife will never do business here again plus at the end to guy from financial told us thing that I would not write here but if I ever talk to management I would tell his boss. This is the deal# **.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I purchased my first new car from Honda of Ocala in March of last year. This purpose behind purchasing new and from this dealership was based on hearing how so many others had been treated so well. I unfortunately was not one of those people. The entire process has been a total nightmare and I would not in good faith, recommend this dealership to any friends or family.

Approximately two weeks after purchasing my 2015 Accord V6 Touring, I noticed "spider webs" in the clear coat. I contacted the service department immediately and was put into a rental while the vehicle was sent to the body shop for what I was told to be a simple polish job on the body. I picked the car up two days later and it was worse than it was when I first dropped it off! The body shop had actually taken the paint down to metal at almost twenty spots on the vehicle! So it was dropped back off at the dealership yet again. I was called to come and retrieve the vehicle about a week later, in which a horrific attempt to fill the damage was blatantly obvious almost immediately.

I was forced to contact Honda Corporate who conducted their own investigation. Their conclusion was that the condition was caused by incorrect vehicle care by the dealership, not a defective Honda product.This put me back at square one with Honda of Ocala. I had a sit down meeting with a supervisor of the Morgan Auto Group, the owner of the body shop who was causing the damage, as well as the service manager.

All who were telling me that what I was seeing on my vehicle was "refractions" in the paint. I do not feel that they understand what a true refraction is, a color change. These are painfully obvious scratches in the vehicles finish! They only offered to have the car clay barred and waxed, which does not fix bad paint! I had conducted my own research by taking the vehicle to three other body shops that are local, and they all advised me the same: The car needs to be repainted and those are not refractions. They are scratches in the clear coat.

I was advised by Honda Corporate that it was up to the dealership to correct the issues. To which I was told by service that they were willing to repaint only two spots in which the paint damage was very obvious. As for the way the clear coat looked, Honda of Ocala told me that they were not going to do anything! (This all happened with the vehicle only having about 500 miles on it, and about three to four months worth of back and forth. All for me to end up with a car that needs to be repainted and finished properly.) Please steer clear of this dealership!! Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I was initially very nervous about purchasing a car, as I had heard horror stories about not ever getting what you want. Fortunately this was not the case with my visit, as I was helped by Sam ** and was able to get a car that met mine and my wife's requirements. I am very happy with my purchase and I will be coming back in a few years to get a Honda for my daughter. Thank you Sam and Honda of Ocala for your help.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

My experience with Rob ** at Honda of Ocala was a pleasant one. I initially came in for an oil change and Rob advised I get a transmission flush as it was recommended by the manufacturer. As I waited for repairs, I was treated to lunch in the cafe and enjoyed a movie in the lounge. I would recommend the professional and courteous service received at Honda of Ocala.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

We are very blessed that Frank was our sales representative at Honda of Ocala. He went out of his way to make sure that we had a great experience in purchasing our new CR-V. He was very informative about the differences in the 2016 & 2017. Since we owned a 2008 Pilot, changing to the CR-V was like going from Windows to Android computer systems. This was quite a feat, as they changed the colors for 2017. We had to make a decision on one of the new colors & once that achieved Frank kept in constant contact with on the process of the car.

Unfortunately, once the car arrived the color was what we were expecting, so Frank drove us around to look at the remaining colors & we did drive out in a new CR-V. We have called with questions for help understanding one of the new functions & Frank has always been very helpful & tells us not to hesitate to call him with any questions we have. He always is very cheerful whenever we see or hear from him. We would not hesitate to refer Frank to any of our friends or family. Thanks again Frank.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

When looking for a new car in Ocala FL, Joe ** did an excellent job of making us comfortable while looking, being professional and listening to our requests of what we needed in an automobile. Very happy with the customer service.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

When I walked into Honda I was not looking for a specific vehicle. I needed something that was reliable and very good on gas, considering my wife drives about 100 miles to and from work daily. Alex helped me look for something in my price range and also very good on gas. He brought me to a couple different options and he was very patient with me while I reviewed pros and cons about each vehicle. He didn't rush me while I was making a decision and has been one of the best salesmen I have had the experience meeting with and he did a wonderful job on helping my wife and I with the help on finding a new vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

I've been searching for the best deals because I'm getting ready to buy a new car. I went into your establishment and was wowed buy how great the staff was. This was by far the best experience I've ever had when looking to buy a car. My salesperson was Harry ** and he was great. Very patient and professional and very knowledgeable about the vehicles. I will definitely be recommending this place in the future. Great job guys!!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

Amy is very energetic and so positive in conversation with me and others around us. Her personality has a calming and inviting appeal to make it easy to discuss all things. She is verse and knowledgeable in many areas to relate to all people. Not a know it all but confident in conversation. A high caliber person and a pleasure.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

Just wanted to take the time to let everyone know about my experience at Honda of Ocala. The team was very professional. It was a professional and friendly atmosphere and the staff was very knowledgeable about any questions I had. My salesperson was Harry **. He went above and beyond to help us. I haven't purchased yet but am getting ready to in the next month and I'll definitely be coming there for my purchase.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

So my husband and I were shopping for a car for over 3 months when we were referred to Honda of Ocala by a good friend. We were told to see Ammar ** who did a phenomenal job. We bought a 2017 Honda Civic by a couple thousand dollars cheaper than the competitors. The sales staff was great. Managers are not pushy. Overall a great experience.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I recently purchased a car from Sam ** at Honda of Ocala and I was very pleased with the service he gave me. He was extremely courteous and knowledgeable of the product, which made the purchasing process flows very smoothly. The entire staff was pleasant and I felt very comfortable and at home while at the dealership. I was offered coffee and enjoyed a movie while waiting on financing. I would recommend this dealership to anyone who is in the market for a car. Take a visit to Honda of Ocala and ask for Sam **. You won't regret the experience.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I have purchased and leased my last 4 vehicles through Honda of Ocala. The Salesman have always been very informative, patient and pleasant. Each of my purchases and leases have gone smoothly without any trouble. I go to Honda because of the friendly environment and because I am treated with respect instead of being fed a bunch of bull. My salesman walks me into the finance department, introduces me to the finance person and thanks me for choosing Honda! The finance person explains everything to me and walks me through my purchase taking time to answer all my questions. I have sent many of my friends to Honda! I will continue to purchase my vehicles from this company for the fact that you are treated like a person and not a sale! Thank you Honda of Ocala!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I am pleased with Honda of Ocala. Overall one individual stood out. Jeremy he is a true professional and really made it easy to buy a CRV. They have a good selection and a great team!!! Go see Jeremy.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

When looking for a new vehicle I was impressed by the salesman. He was very courteous and knowledgeable about the vehicles they sold. He showed me several vehicles and explained the features and how they worked. I was shown the service department and I met some of the staff and how they handled any problems should they arise. I would recommend this dealership to my friends and neighbors. I was not prepared for this enlightening experience.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

From the moment I walked through the doors at Honda of Ocala and was greeted by Alex. He has been informative and available to me. He made the buying process easy and quick. He took the time to walk me through every aspect of my car. He took the initiative to call multiple times after the purchase of my new 2016 Honda Civic to assure I am happy with my car and to see if I have any questions about anything. I purchased my car in September of 2016 and to this day he is still available to me for my car needs. I have personally never had such a great experience.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

While I was on vacation I brought my car in for service and the customer service I received was fantastic! Could not be happier with everything that was done! If ever in town I will definitely return! Also will be telling all the family I have in the area to visit this location!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

In my quest to find a specific model of car for the best price, I filled out the contact info requested by the dealer website. Within just a few minutes, I received a return call from a very knowledgeable and courteous salesman who answered all of my questions. As it turned out, the car in their inventory would not meet my needs but Connor agreed to stay on the lookout for one that will. Based on my pleasant conversation with this gentleman, I have confidence that I might be a future customer of Honda of Ocala.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I came in to speak to someone about purchasing a car for my granddaughter. I had researched the Civic online but I feel that actually going to the dealership to have more specific questions answered and of course to drive the car is imperative. I was fortunate to be approached by Christopher **. He is exceptionally informative and gave me detailed qualities which reinforced that I believe the Civic is the right car for her. This will be a graduation present for her. I will be contacting Chris directly to make this purchase.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

All I can say is go see Jeremy he is extremely patient and knowledgeable. He helped my friend find the perfect Civic for her needs!! He was funny and a pleasure to deal with. Not high pressure like she experienced with other dealerships and he went the extra mile for her, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I am excited that Jeremy will be assisting in the purchase of my new car later this year!! It's a blessing to find such an amazing salesman!!! Thank you Honda of Ocala!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

This is our second purchase from Honda of Ocala without first new car purchase with salesman Larry ** and it was a very enjoyable experience. There was no pressure. He really work with us to get us where we needed to be price-wise and couldn't be more help with explaining all the aspects of our new Pilot. I will definitely be recommending Honda of Ocala and Larry personally for anyone I know looking for a new vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Purchased a used vehicle on 12-22-2016. On 12-23-16 the next morning started vehicle up and immediately started smoking and making loud noise from engine comp. Called dealership and had it towed and found the air conditioning compressor seized up. They kept my vehicle till 12-28. If I would of known this was going to happen would never of bought it. Tried to get out of deal or get better warranty. Sales mgr was unprofessional, dropped the ** bomb like I was one of his bar buddies. He was not interested in satisfying the customer and I never even heard from the general mgr. Will not purchase again from Honda of Ocala again or recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I always search the luxury cars, but my sense of economics always prevails. I can afford to drive the "other" cars, but I choose Honda because it provides the luxury and driving experience I am looking for. It also does not cost me $250 for an oil change. I love my Elite Pilot!! In business I can carry passengers and not worry how my car "measures up". Honda of Ocala is my choice of dealerships because the sales and service are impeccable. I am always treated like family!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I recently had a friend who bought a new car from a dealership in Ocala and had a miserable experience that left her feeling ripped off and angry. I felt bad for her and told her about the wonderful experience that I had when I bought my new 2016 Accord and HRV from Michael ** at Honda of Ocala. Her response was: "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!! - I could of avoided all of the garbage that I've gone through!" I thought about it and I realized that in someway I had an obligation to let others know through my testimonial that there are GOOD auto dealers and HONEST sales people out there who can make a huge difference in the deal that you get when you buy a car.

I'm the type of person who spends time researching vehicles and prices before I even step into an automobile dealership. I bought my last 5 cars from Michael ** at Honda of Ocala and each and every time he got me a great deal and a great price and made the whole thing easy and relatively painless (notice that I didn't say totally painless - lol). Maybe by just sharing my story it will help someone avoid what my friend went through... Sorry Sharon. I wish I had gotten to you first and told you to call Michael at Honda of Ocala.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

He was putting undue pressure to proceed and actually asked "What is keeping you from doing it now?". That my dear friends is not the way to talk to a client. These guys must be on a commission system, really bad stuff and it should be investigated. I assume a legitimate service pro would have taken me to the vehicle and showed the reason for his recommendation. He couldn't even explain clearly how he arrived at that conclusion because he said the boots were full and inflated - they are not!!! I am getting really concerned about these dealerships. I have been a good and long customer, don't deserve this. And sadly the wash on the car was so bad, that I wish they would have not done it. I guess it's time for a new service place. The fault lies in the management not the service guy. He is probably following instructions.

Honda of Ocala Company Information