3.43/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Dodge Caravan

The Dodge Caravan is a minivan that was first introduced in 1984. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Dodge Caravan Reviews

Original review: June 7, 2018

We are pleased with the purchase. It is what we were looking for mostly. We like the heated mirrors, the outside temperature gauge and the storage cargo bins under the floor for at least 5 people. We also like the visibility as the headrests can be lowered when not in use and driver can see out the windows without having those headrests in the way. But, it has light colored cloth seats that are just terrible to keep clean and hard to get in and out of vehicle. We are big leather seat fans because they are easy to clean and get in and out of vehicle. This is a used 2016 vehicle so we had no choice. But this is a real issue with us and the only main item we do not like about our 2016 Grand Caravan. One other item that we dislike is the fact that the passenger has to manually move seat back. All our other vehicles that were in this price range and quality can be done with the touch of a button.

Original review: June 12, 2018

It's roomy, comfortable and nice. My whole family fits in the car. Easy to operate and easy for everyone to get into and out of and nice to sit in. Easy to move around in the car. I really love my car and no effort system.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I love the roominess of the Dodge Grand Caravan. You sit up a little bit higher and can see well. The van gets great gas mileage. Being able to take out the back bench seat and the two middle bucket seats makes for a lot of room to move. Also, there is a lot of room in the back of the van even with the rear seat in place. Additionally, I liked the compass and temperature feature in the front roof console. I liked the dual temperature controls too. I've owned my van for 15 years and have taken care of it. However there is a lot of rust on the lower body of my van, which I see on every van type that I have.

Original review: June 16, 2018

It's a decent vehicle. My favorite features would have to be the automatic doors due to having kids or babies or even groceries in my hands. Also the mirror to check on little one in the back seat. But been having a lot of self opening doors lately. If they fix the doors where they don't open by themselves would be a huge plus. It's my main issue and drives me bonkers. The key fob has been stuck in the ignition and the only way to remove was to disconnect the battery. Bummer. Also the key fob key should open doors and not just the glove box.

Original review: June 21, 2018

It is a Caravan... Is a great van for taking the whole family places, school, park, and doing errands. Daughter and granddaughter using van to go to school and to go to work. We wanted a van and this one had low mileage at the time of purchase and has run good for us. We have not had any major problems with it. Like that the whole family has enough room and sitting space plus the very good for storage and rack on top for storage, too. If I had the money and another one came available I would purchase it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Caravan?

Original review: June 13, 2018

The dodge caravan is a good van. It is roomy and spacious so you can drive your family and haul loads for groceries, scrap or moving. The back door opens with a switch and that is very useful for unloading and for going to the south end drive in movie theatre. I like the radio, transmission, wipers, good gas mileage, good on oil, affordable price, tires are new, lots of room, seats can be taken out for even more room. Ours is older and we need a newer one. Need a new transmission of course and the driver side mirror fell off and so DID the rearview mirror. Back up lights or brighter headlights would be grateful.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Dodge Caravan is very spacious, reliable, and family friendly vehicle! I love that it has stop and go seating, heated windows and mirrors, and enough room to hold 7 passengers adequately with extra room. It is very fun to drive and has a lot more power than I expected. It has the same motor as the Challenger and Charger. It has the 3.6 and definitely has power to be a van. We bought just the basic model which is the AVP package and while we are very satisfied with it, I wish they could find a way to get better gas mileage. I only get 15.1 in town which is a small town with lots of stop and go and only get 17 miles per gallon highway which I feel they should get at least 20 if not a little more. Other than that I love everything about this vehicle and it is very sporty looking too.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Dodge Caravan is very roomy. You can get more people in it and set comfortable. Lots of leg room and the space is great. Stores a lot more stuff. Drives so good and not sitting low. Easy riding. Love the CD radio and cruise control. Lots of drink holders. Big trunk. Motors are good on gas. It is also easy to start. I love it but making it more sporty would be an improvement. Also easier access to the backseat and a sunroof would be good. In addition, put air conditioner in the back and let the leather seats recline. Put TVs in it and more ashtrays in them too.

Original review: June 14, 2018

This van has built-in DVD players for the kids. It also has the touch screen radio in it. It also has heated seats. The seats are stow and go also. But I dislike that the steering wheel has no buttons to operate anything. I also dislike that it doesn't have an automatic starter or heated mirrors. It could also use a better stereo. Still, the Dodge Caravan has worked great for us as a family. It seats 7 people and has plenty of storage in the trunk. It would be great to take on a road trip with the family.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Dodge Grand Caravan is convenient and an incredibly useful vehicle. Everyone in my family loves it! Even when driving alone, I love the versatility & options it provides. It has all of the space and convenience of other minivans, but without the big pricetag that comes with other car brands. It is at least half the price of other minivans on the market today. While it is a satisfactory vehicle in most aspects, the transmission is a great deal more likely to have issues. Shifting between gears is not always smooth, and the RPM's frequently go higher than normal when accelerating.

Dodge Caravan Company Information