2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5

The Dodge Caravan is a minivan that was first introduced in 1984. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Find a Dealer Near You

Dodge Caravan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Caravan?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Caravan?

Original review: April 5, 2020

I purchased a slightly used 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan and I still own and drive it daily. It has a little over 100K miles and it runs great. I love this van and it's cargo space plus the seats are comfortable. Because it has to sit out in the hot Texas heat the head liner is coming down and the left driver side window sticks. The only other repairs have been AC air compressor and replaced the radiator. This van has and continues to serve me well.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I bought a brand new 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan March 2016. In the 4 years I have owned this vehicle I have had to have a transmission solenoid replaced under warranty, transmission coolant lines replaced, have had both sliding doors actuators go out, one sliding door will not lock at all due to broken latch, & most recently had to have all 24 rocker arms, all lifters, 3 camshafts replaced, plus exhaust heat shield taken off due to it being loose & the oil filter housing replaced due to an oil leak.

I filed a claim with Chrysler asking for assistance in these repairs since this last repair was $2552.16 & got a, "NO sorry. Nothing we can do for you." A vehicle barely 4 years old with under 100k miles should not have any of these issues. I've had vehicles last over 200k miles & never had to repair any of these issues let alone this many in this little of time. My mom is on her 3rd grand caravan & is refusing to purchase another one due to how they have treated me. I will never purchase any type of Chrysler/dodge/Jeep product again. I will take my business to a company that will stand behind their product.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Great vehicle a lot of space and many others. Big 3.8 engine roomy comfortable, fun to drive. Easy to maintain. Great for errands, sits high off the ground. Would buy another newer version a low mileage one.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

My Dodge carries 6 kids + myself and can become a cargo van all in one. Affordable & fairly good on gas - gives a very busy working mom all I need. P.s. It's a roving change room between volleyball & soccer!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

This was the best deal on a new vehicle I could find by thousands of $$. It is like a mine truck with a shell. I love it. Drive is great. So much room. You cannot beat the versatility of this van. It has a lot of power. I had a Dodge Charger with a Hemi. I know power and this has it.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I purchased this vehicle 12 years ago from Enterprise Rent a Car with 29k miles. It was about 6 mo. old. I drove it back and forth to work on the interstate (70 mi round trip). At the beginning of 2012 I retired and don't drive as much anymore and currently it has 119,823 m. I'm not a fan of American made cars due to the a/c only works if you have it full blast and if you're driving. If you're at a stop it blows out air but not cold air unless it's on full blast (which drinks up gas).

But overall, this has been a good vehicle. In 2014, I broke my hip due to MS and now I drive with hand controls and a friend paid for the accommodations. It's been wrecked once but it still looks like new on the outside. On the inside well, normal wear and tear. Over the past couple of years have had some issues with the sliding doors and the windows not always wanting to be operable; and have found the parts to be too expensive to replace. Maybe someday I'll win the lottery and be able to get another van, but in the meantime this van will do.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Love the versatility of the van, used as a work vehicle for my small business. Love the Stow n Go seating option... Can fit a 4X8 sheet of plywood and all my tools. Downfall is I have some rust starting on a 4 year old vehicle and Dodge won't stand behind it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

This vehicle drives and handles well, fuel mileage is not as good as I would prefer but it not bad and it handle 7 riders. I would buy this car again. The best part is you can have some luxury without spending the money to enjoy it.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Really like the storage size with all seats down. The 2019 v6 has great power, handles great, not overly pleased with the transmission shifting, at times a little rough. It's very comfortable especially on long trips. Gets great mileage on the highway.have seen 30mpg many times. Overall a good basic van.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I find the Dodge Grand Caravan to be an extraordinary value. You get all the benefits of a minivan (perfect vehicle for dogs and their crates, which is what my van is used for) without the exaggerated pricing of Toyota or Honda. My last Grand Caravan went 276,000 miles with only one mechanical failure... fuel pump had to be replaced at 230,000 miles. And it has sufficient engine power for any duty! Can't go wrong here. Sadly you have to look for used vans now as Dodge has abandoned this great vehicle for the not as spacious nor as utilitarian Chrysler Pacifica.

Dodge Caravan Company Information