3.46/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Dodge Caravan

The Dodge Caravan is a minivan that was first introduced in 1984. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Dodge Caravan Reviews

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

This vehicle drives and handles well, fuel mileage is not as good as I would prefer but it not bad and it handle 7 riders. I would buy this car again. The best part is you can have some luxury without spending the money to enjoy it.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

About 6 weeks ago I discovered 2 bubbles in the paint job, on the rear quarter panel, of my 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan. A very disturbing thing to find on a 4 year old vehicle! I brought the vehicle into my local Dodge dealership, S&L Dodge in Pulaski Wi. They took pictures and sent it into corporate for review. After waiting around 3 weeks for a response that I never got I phoned S&L to see if they had heard from Dodge. To my dismay, Dodge's response was that they would NOT stand behind their product because the 3yr/36K warranty had expired. I was fully aware that the original warranty was no longer in effect but by no means should this be occurring on a 4 yr old car!

The manager of the body department at S&L was actually a bit shocked to see this as well, stating that the company had issues with the edge of the hoods rusting on these vehicles and had repaired a few already at corporate's expense but had never seen paint bubble in this spot before. I left the dealership feeling confident that Dodge would do the right thing and fix this. Boy was I wrong! I have purchased 5 new Dodge/Chrysler vehicles from this dealership in the past 20 years. I guess if this is the way they stand behind their so called quality for a so called long time devoted customer, I feel sorry for any new customers trying to build a long lasting relationship with Dodge!

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Bought a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan brand new. Currently (as of 4/2019) it has 75,000 miles on it. Problems from the start.. Have had it break down MULTIPLE times. Transmission, fuel pump, fuel relay, multiple fuses, alternator, different lines and sensors and more have had to be replaced over the last few years. Not to mention the seat heater on the passenger side broke within a year after, the black rubber material on the doors constantly fell out of the groove. Multiple mechanics have stated that this is a horrible car and there is NO way all that should have had to be replaced with less than 75,000 miles on it. It is not reliable AT ALL. It has broken down during vacations 3 different times plus around the area and it STILL isnt working properly! Dodge needs a class action lawsuit against them for those that have purchased faulty vehicles!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I bought a 2010 grand caravan new. I only have barely over 40,000 miles on it now I had to replace front wheel bearings and it was not out of line. The transmission would not show the 1st and 2nd gears on the gear shift right after the warranty went out. Now the transmission is leaking. If there is not a recall on them there should be. I know that they had problems with the transmissions that year. I put my trust in this vehicle. I am retired handicapped person living on a limited income and planned using it the rest of my life. I love the way it steers. But I can't afford to fix all the problems it is having. With just 40,000 miles it should be like a new vehicle. This vehicle year must be the lemons. I am very upset with this vehicle.

Original review: March 2, 2019

CHETUMAL AUTOMOTORES IS A DODGE DEALER IN CHETUMAL MEXICO. I drove my 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan to Chetumal Automotores on November 15, 2018 for these 5 repairs. 1. Engine light is on. 2. The temperature gauge in the dashboard is not running properly. 3. The 2 cooling fans keep running all the time. 4. The car is backfired. 5. The engine is not running properly. The repairs was not done and Chetumal Automotores burn, fry and damage my computer by the battery, since then my 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan will not start.

I filed a complaint with Dodge USA, Dodge Mexico. I send 2 letters To Dodge USA and made many phone call to Dodge USA corporate office. The second letter was send to the CEO and and chairman of Dodge USA. I filed complaint with Better Business Bureau in the US and Mexico. On January 3, 2019 I filed a complaint with PROFECO in Chetumal Mexico, I have a meeting with PROFECO on January 10, 2019. There was no solution. I towed my car out Chetumal Automotores the Dodge dealer on January 10, 2019. I want Chetumal Automotores to refund the 6000 pesos bill, Chetumal Automotores never done the repairs and I want Chetumal Automotores to pay for the total repair cost of the computer damage when Chetumal Automotores burn, fry, mess up and damage my computer by the battery. I look forward to hear from you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Caravan?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Driving the van smelled and saw smoke near the middle van seat on the driver's side. My wife got diaper bag and kids out. Van burst into flames. Total loss. Insurance said electrical issue but was so burned up they couldn't tell for sure. 2016 Dodge Caravan 43000 miles.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I have had a few minor issues since buying my van in 2016. Oct 11 my van overheated on my way home. We had it towed home. Changed the thermostat and it still overheated. Took it to our mechanic who said it coded as a blown head gasket. Still under warranty, we towed it to Dodge. They charged me 250 bucks to replace the thermostat and radiator cap. I drive it home and it overheats. I take it back. They said it had air in the thermostat. I drive it 2 miles and it overheats again. I take it back. Then they say it had the wrong coolant put in and said I had a blocked hose. They wanted to talk to my husband before they looked any further.

They decided it wasn’t the radiator but now a cracked head gasket. It’s under warranty and they take a week and a half to fix it without calling me once to give me any heads up on what’s happening. I get a called Wednesday saying it’s fixed. I drove it 2 miles and it still overheated and blows cold air when the heat's on. It’s been 3 weeks and Dodge still can’t figure out what’s wrong. What bothers me more is they say it’s fixed and I drive it less than 2 miles away and the problem comes back. I feel like Dodge is doing the bare minimum to fix my van.

They are even testing to see it’s fixed before sending me away. The second time they said it was fixed my husband was late to work because I had to take it back to the shop and he had to take me home. I’m very disappointed with how Dodge is treating me. This is my 3rd Dodge I’ve owned. The first 2 made it to almost 300k miles with no issues. I really hope Dodge is going to make this right. But I really just want my vehicle back. It’s been almost a month and we arent making progress.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We bought our 2010 4.0L Grand Caravan SXT in 2015 it had 90,000 km on it. My wife and kids use it most. She told me she thought the gas pedal stuck 2 times. I tested and wondered if floor mat was cause. Over a year went by then I drove for 3 hours, I changed lanes to pass a semi on a hill. The pedal would not stop when released. I hit the brake and pumped the gas till it released. 20 seconds was like the last minute of our lives. I was not in control and very distracted. Local dealers say no info in system, no bulletin or recall.

It's at 124000 km's now we just has $3800.00 transmission repair, the shop said the 4 liter is too strong for transmission... Great. ;( On top of this now the 8 year old van that has never seen either ocean or coast has rust under both doors that looks serious. The paint is bubbling on hood oak doors & hatch edges. We are scared and want to replace the parts that could cause gas pedal stick to eliminate the chances of it again. However dealers won't say these are the possibilities, they say we can diagnose it. Considering changing accelerator pedal positioning sensor and complete throttle body unit that looks like it also has a sensor. Any ideas?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Loved this van but poorly made, windshield whistling, rattles, clunks and no spare tire! Bought it new and put only 23,000 miles on it. It broke down in the wilds of eastern New Mexico; not good. Owned it for three years and 27 days. Had it towed to Clovis, NM, bad fuel injector, not in stock, stranded! Finally got a rental and drove to Santa Fe. Back home in Lubbock, TX on Monday. Drove 100 miles to Clovis to pick up my "repaired" van on Tuesday, paid $530 because it was 27 days out of warranty. Drove it 1/2 mile and it broke down again, bad fuel injector on the other side!!?? Not in stock, stranded in Clovis again, rental car was re-rented no way to get home to my dogs. Finally dealer pulled a fuel injector out of a vehicle in the lot and put it in my vehicle. Fixed? Or is it a computer? Drove it slowly back to Lubbock and promptly traded it in for a Toyota.

Original review: June 28, 2018

The Dodge Grand Caravan has been an amazing vehicle for myself and my children, especially on long trips and in the school pick up line. I love the power doors that make it very easy to get everyone in and out. I also love the drop in floor seats, the abundance of room and the power windows, especially in the very back. But I wish there was more leg room for the passengers in the 3rd row, and that it were more easily accessible from the middle. I also wish the car had memory settings for the driver seat, storage for more than one pair of sunglasses, a flat spot for a cell phone mounting, had heated seats standard, the passenger seat was power and that the dual climate control was more consistent. But overall, it's a great van for a family.

Dodge Caravan Company Information