Dodge Charger

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Side panels are so soft that when washing the car the sides cave in with just a little pressure that I apply with the sponge. Door panels are folding inward on all 4 doors and this thing is only 3 years old. Too many recalls on this piece of crap and now the transmission is rattling like crazy and the dealer pretends to have never heard of any transmission problems with these vehicles. They have my car and said they would let me know on Monday if it's covered by the drivetrain warranty. Of course it's covered by that warranty you morons. It's part of the drivetrain. I will follow up after I return to the dealership on Monday.

I bought my wife a new 2016 Dodge Charger Sxt 3.7 v6 with like 8 miles on it back in Nov 201Oklae drove 4-1/2 hours one way to get "THAT" car. May 3 2017 @ 5:09 pm CST in Oklahoma, I had pulled into my driveway to find my wife's car on fire. Flames were coming out of the front driver wheel well and threw the hood same side. It was like a blow torch was running full bore. I bust the front door to find my wife and get her outta the house as the car was close by in the entrance of carport. Called 911 got fire department on the.

By the time they got there the car fully engulfed and my buddy's wife had come over to check on my wife (as I was at the end of the road waiting for fire trucks to follow me to the house) and had used my garden hose to put the fire out on my house. Very grateful she was able to come to our house. The fire was put out. No one was hurt. people have came to look at the car but have not gave clear answer as to what caused it. And have more people coming to look at it. As it stands it still sits where it burned. Apr 17 2017.

My Husband could have lost his life on the highway when his Dodge cut off. Only to find out they was going to charge us over $10,000 for a new Engine up until they found out we had a Warranty. This is when the Insurance Co. got involved and wanted the Engine broken down. Further after finding the timing belt should have been replaced to ensure my husband wasn't at fault further investigation from Victory Dodge yielded that an ex-employee from Keffer Dodge yrs earlier (we didn't own the car- it was in auction) signed off on the timing belt recall (yet didn't complete the work) which busted which caused total Engine Failure. Claim from Insurance CO. was denied so Keffer Dodge was responsible for the new engine.

Needless to say I twittered the incident, got Dodge Corp from MI involved and stating also they were doing everything to prevent this from happening again as well as customer satisfaction. Never once did I feel The Dodge Corp Give any thoughts or matter to hat day "Dec 23rd 2016" on HWY 17 when My husband was on the HWY & could have been Killed along with his father, who would have thought to look at the car??? And to have read an Article in Hot Rod Magazine that Dodge put up a big fuss about the whole timing chain recall mess and it wasn't till yrs later that they fessed up to them taking responsibility for it.

This Corp. just in my opinion should take a look in the mirror and put themselves in place of one of us how would they feel? How can we hold these Corporations responsible for such acts as what happened here? I know my husband and father are okay. How about the next guy or family? Or about the Lives they fail to take responsibility for because it was "following protocol" to rebuild the engine with the old engine parts and take the warranty down from 3 Yrs now till 2.

So now Long story short and lie after lie- from the three involved I wrote our State Attorney General's Office- Still Pending- It began on Dec 23 and it is now April 18 it was nearly a week ago when we got the Charger back for the second time. The initial time it was not a new engine, it was a rebuilt block with the blown parts off my husband's busted old engine. It was shaking, misfiring, leaking, so bad it misaligned his hood to where it would not shut. Back in the shop it went. I instructed them not to touch it that we had already discussed unless from day one the new engine was in it now look what happens. They were put on notice prior to them initially telling us to pick the car up that we contacted the Attorney General office and here again we have the car and are still awaiting the outcome of what's to become of such a nightmare.

Please also Beware of a Highway Officers Patrol Car "Also A Dodge Charger" Caught Fire under the hood as it was on the Highway in Wyoming the story caught my daughter's eye- unbelievable. "Never heard what happened in the Investigation." Only that the Highway Officer was okay. But this is the messed up part: the Machanic at the Victory Dodge's as well as the Service Management stated though they couldn't be responsible for the law-enforcement vechicles being they have their own mechanics who work on their vehicles which voids any liability/warranty we were the first Civilian's who had a cover up recall come through that shop. Not sure what he meant by that but seconds later he starts to tell me about a list of Dodge Vechiles on a list with serious recalls- in which he later gave me a copy of- Shocking "some life/death recalls".

The Chysler 200 has a Serious recall. I'm the CO-Signer for a family member. It also holds a serious recall which has deaths occurred and lawsuits because of it- the Airbags not only is it a Recall but they are on such back order. It's just ridiculous! So what are these people suppose to do? Told my family member to get a rental and park it. Have Dodge pay for it until they get the recall part in. In any situation with any vehicle- especially used off a lot- always check it with the dealer's system for recalls and having it look over by another dealership would be a bad idea either- and always ever 6 months check you're cars recalls against the Vin #. There should be a web site available just google.

You can't trust Dealers no more than you can trust a thief- I say that as well being too that the same Dealership done work on my 2011 Dodge Ram which claimed to have resurfaced the roaters as well as new breaks ropes out my dash some work on the Air conditioner well $24,00 later and come to find out no reserfaced rotors, crossed my heated seats, messed up my bezel, oil light on, insulation coming up from my dash had to get all that taking car of yet still after sending my husband up there a week of being gone on the road "trucker" he comes back tired not paying attention yet gives them the list- my dash hasn't been fixed- oil light still on- Bless my husband's Heart. I have to give him An A for his efforts. He was so exhausted that day.

Needless to say we disputed $12,00 of the bill w/ the credit card company- no response was made to our dispute- case closed refunded our dispute for half our bill &12,00 and the Dealership replace the damaged they caused to the bezel and gave me new rotors they charged me for which claimed was resurfaced and was not. I never had a problem when this was Nabor Dodge yet once it became Victory Dodge it fell apart. Never even heard of Keffer Dodge until this whole incident with my husband's car yet can speak too highly of them either or of the Dodge Corp in MI altogether. Everyone please be safe out there!

I have wanted a Charger forever, but if I knew now what I didn't know then, I would label these junk! Just to think I was a Dodge fan until I seen how much they refuse to help their clientele. I bought a 2006 Charger a couple months ago, and I can't even drive it now due to the toe leaning in from the plastic bushings on my rear end. My fear is the whole camber may be screwed, because my 2 back tires are all metal on the insides. We've already replaced control arms, engine and transmission. Now I am having to replace the complete suspension. Not just the bushings, but the shocks, tires again, possibly the camber depending on the damage done.

I have read several people having the same issues with the suspension and bushings. It's not a cheap fix because we not only fork out 400 for parts, but we have to pay the mechanics hour rates, and this stuff is petty and time consuming. How can you not help out your consumers to keep your future business. I am praying you issue more recalls for all the hassle with the suspension, and learn to value your customers. Dodge if you fix these issues we're all facing this can help you in the future, and it should give you insight on how to make a durable vehicle!

Hello all, I have a 2010 Dodge Charger and at low speeds like under 20mph the cars feels like it want to stall. It has actually cut off of me twice in the last 2 months. I took my car to the dealership and advised of this issue and they thought it was the ERG seal and valve. They replaced it and it's still doing the same thing. I did some research and on Dodge forums. I see that this car does this and the dealership act as if they don't know the issue. Today my check engine light came on as it do randomly and turns back off. Do this sounds familiar to anyone or have know someone who works on dodge chargers? I don't want to keep getting weaseled out of money by the dealership.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge?

The car is very cheaply made. We bought the car brand new 2013 Dodge Charger and since day one we've had nothing but problems. We've to replace seatbelts, alternators, and now today the check engine light comes on and the gas tank won't open anymore. The car only has 70000 miles and isn't the main car. Yet we've had to work on it more than the one we actually drive. We won't be buying anymore Dodge vehicles. If it's not a recall it's always something else.

I bought my 2012 Charger in 2013 as a second owner, the car had 22,000km on it when I purchased it along with an extended warranty for 7 years/170,000km. I've only had basic issues with the car, all covered by warranty, such as faulty battery, pulley for the belt drive, a caliper bracket, etc.The biggest issue I had was in the summer of 2016 when my car started shaking like crazy while sitting at a red light, CEL came on, checked it out online, turned out it was a misfire in cylinder 6. I called the dealership and was told to bring it in right away, they had the car for 3 days, swapped out the bottom half of the engine for a manufacture defect, totally covered by the warranty, it was actually on a recall for a lot of 2012 Dodge vehicles, so I'm pretty sure it would've been covered either way.

Since I've bought the vehicle, I've done a few mods on the car, such as; Catback true dual exhaust, with a cross flow. Mopar cold air intake. Diablo Trinity tuner. Full brake kit (Pads, Rotors, and Calipers). The car now has about 80,000km on it, always done the oil change before it needed to be done. Rust proofed it twice since I owned it, not a spot of rust on it (even the undercarriage). I deal with a dealership here in Quebec, St-Remi, called Lestage Chrysler and they are absolutely amazing when it comes to their clients, these guys would bend over backwards to help out a client.

Got a 2007 Dodge Charger. I had custom rims and stereo system. As soon as I get the car almost paid for it fell apart. I replaced water pump axles, upper and lower ball joints and now I have a blown head gasket. Don't buy this car.

My 2008 Dodge Charger's engine started knocking for no reason even though I keep up with the maintenance & repairs like clockwork & only drive the car in summer. Research shows many have same issue.

I went to a big local Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep dealership and the most skilled sales guy sold me a new Dodge Charger car that turned out to have many open safety recalls from the Dodge manufacturer. I am a female, I went by myself and under the high sales pressure, I signed all the papers and made the payment. Few days after the sale was done, I was contacted by the same aggressive sales guy who urged me to cooperate with him and bring back the brand new car to their service department to get it serviced and fixed to safety standards. Basically, I was defrauded on a new car that was not to be sold to me or anyone in the first place.

After that point, I was given the biggest run-around, especially when I let them know that all I want at that point is to cancel out the sales deal and get my money back since the car has all these safety hazard issues and they had it back in their property and they wouldn't tell me if it's safe for me to drive it again. Since it is a brand new car, it is supposed to have bumper-to-bumper protection from the Dodge manufacturer. So, weeks turned into months and all the sales people I dealt with during the sales process just avoided addressing my concerns, answering my calls, and telling me when I can get my money back. They claimed that they can't help me out if they can't locate where the car was. They treated me as an inconvenience and would not do the right thing and just refund the money since they took possession of the car anyway 2 days after the sale was done.

They would not honor the manufacturer warranty and the service contract because the greedy sales people were negligent and lost track of the car after selling it to me knowing that it has safety defects. Lack of cooperation and malicious negligence is all the service recovery that I got from the folks at the dealership. The sales department would transfer me to the service department, and vice versa. No one seems to know what is going on with the car they sold me. They were very shady and secretive about it as if they were going to lose their jobs if they disclosed to me what is wrong with the new car they sold me. In the meantime, they have overdrafted my bank account after they withdraw large sums of monies from my checking account, so I was left with no money to hire a lawyer to sue them for my loss and damages and all the inconvenience and stress thereafter. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

For the past year my car shuts off periodically while I am driving it. The last time I was going around a bend in the road lost all power and steering. Was barely able to get to the side of the road. Luckily no one was coming the other direction because I went into the oncoming lane. Dodge keeps telling me it is throwing no codes and they cant get it to duplicate the problem so there is nothing they can do!!! WTH. Am I supposed to drive with my kids in the car until something does happen. Then what!!! Ugh so frustrated.

I have a 2008 Dodge Charger, and I have had nothing but issue with the car. I had to issue with the water housing unit, radiator, head gasket, and now my crankshaft (new engine).

I have <41k miles on my 2014 Dodge Charger AWD SXT. It developed a front vibration when braking. On July 9, 2016, I took it for service to Golling Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Bloomfield Hills, MI. The service department diagnosed warped & rust pitted rotors along with worn pads (same write-up for all 4). In addition, the pitting was so deep that machining would cause the thickness to be below the lower limit. I drive this vehicle daily in rush hour traffic. I do NOT race or drive on a high-speed track. I'm very concerned the vehicle has warped & rust pitted rotors (all 4) at such low mileage. I deduce the rotor material is substandard. I okayed the work for the front pads and rotors only. Has there been any technical service orders issued against the rotors? More than concerned.

We have had to replace the motor $10,000! Also the ignition which was $600 which we got back because of the recall. The brakes and struts have been a constant issue... $1600 spent on that so far. We had to replace the battery and alternator $600. The moon roof now leaks. Now there is an airbag recall. We have put $12,200 in this car and have owned it less than 2 years. I know it's used but this is ridiculous! Replacing the motor at 130k miles!

I bought my 2008 Dodge Charger new off the lot and always kept the maintenance up to part and never had problems with my car until my engine locked up with oil in the car. Took the car to the dealership to see what the problem was and it was due to sludge. I have researched this issue and it happens in way too many chargers and Chrysler is not wanting to fix the problem. I have a warranty on my engine and Chrysler still wouldn't fix my car. There has to be something done about this!!

Purchased my 2013 Dodge Charger off a local lot in Bakersfield. Loved driving the car... No issues, regular maintenance. Was driving car and car came to a sudden stop while accelerating on highway. Was stuck in traffic. Car would not shift into neutral to push off of road. All cluster lights were on. Very scary with children in the car. Called a tow truck and had it delivered to Dodge. Now we wait. Car only has 40000 miles on it and should be covered under power train warranty. Very sad to see so many issues with Dodge/Chrysler products.

I've had my '08 Dodge Charger for 8 yrs. I bought it new. I've always taken care of my car. Any & all problems I take care of them right away, but now the mechanics can't pinpoint what's the problem. My car lost power twice. The 2nd time I had to be towed & after the tow truck put her down it started up like nothing so that was $280 down the drain. I had a diagnostic tests. Gave a code P4020 so I had the driver side catalytic converter changed, but the code is still there. The engine light comes on & off, took it to Dodge. They want me to leave it and said it will be $130 an hr bc they have to do a detail diagnostic test so NO I did not leave it.

I'm having so many issues & I'm frustrated. I love my car. I can't afford a car payment. Now this morning the radio is out. I hate driving my car because I don't know when it will just give out. Dodge you know the issues we are having. Stop trying to drain our pockets and make better cars and fix the issues that you know Dodge lovers are having.

2015 dodge charger rt - First oil change at 10k, the oil filter was in bypass and leaking oil around the filter. This is the first year of switching from the traditional mopar 899 filter which is larger.

Bought a 2012 Charger in November of 2011. Within 6 months had to have the radio and electrical system replaced. It has had 6 recalls so far. I only have 27,000 miles on it. Take it to the dealership for regular maintenance I had to replace tires after 20,000 miles. 2 weeks ago, it sounded like it was going to stall and I couldn't get it into gear or shut it off. Finally was able to and had it towed to dealership. They said it was the alternator, had it replaced. The air bag light would come on and they said it was the electrical harness. I complained to Dodge and they didn't charge me for the part, but I had to pay 280.00 for labor only to find out a few days later that the harness was already replace in 2013 due to a recall.

I sent in a reimbursement form to the FCA and they called and said they would not reimburse me since the dealer gave a good will receipt for the part. Also, 2 days after I got it home, the MIL light is on and the remote start won't work either. I haven't been able to get it back to the dealership, since I don't have any other transportation and they are going to charge me over 100.00 just to diagnose the problem. I am so fed up and will never buy another Dodge again.

I have 2015 Charger R/T premium. All R/T Chargers are standard with Sport Mode 2 which has SRT pages. But after I bought car the pages disappeared and Dodge was suppose fix it but now getting runaround and say I'm not suppose have Sport Mode 2 it's only available in SRT package. You look on build your own Dodge and all R/T are standard with Sport Mode 2. So I need help getting a national recall on all of these cars so we get the option back because it's advertised with it in our cars and we paid for these SRT pages. I have dealer printouts showing I do have Sport Mode 2.

Drove my 2013 Dodge Charger RT to work, no problems. It rained heavy while at work. Started car after work. Traction control, airbag light, and transmission error (Check engine light) came on. Could not get car to change out of fear. RPM would not level. Has anyone had this problem?

I have a 2014 AWD SXT Charger with 14k miles on it (which I love), feel like I am being completely lied to by dealer. The car was always in RWD unless road conditions were such that it would auto shift to AWD. Up until a couple weeks ago... Now it stays in AWD and never reverts back. I was told temp under 70 would cause that... I am not technician but I know that isn't right. I will be taking it to a private auto tech to get this investigated. It's under warranty and bet it is why they are telling me there is nothing wrong.

I have a 2009 Dodge Charger. It has been a wonderful car for four years and now that I have paid it off and reached 135,000 the car is starting to lose power. I have lost power several times on the highway at a speed of 60 or more. I don't know what is the problem and can't seem to get answers...

Some small details and annoyances - had the same O2 (oxygen) sensor replaced twice under warranty, Bluetooth module replaced, squeaky dash, 18" wheels w/ clearcoat that scratches pretty easily, and a couple small things - but as far as reliability and overall performance and enjoyment of the vehicle? That's been great. Plenty of power, pretty good quality materials inside and out, runs strong, shifts well, gets pretty good highway gas mileage (25-27mpg with a Hemi V8!), it looks great, and the maintenance on it so far has been pretty simple and not very expensive over the first 30,000 miles. Very happy with it so far. I am not disappointed at all with my purchase.

I purchased a used 2011 Dodge Charger in 2012. I have had nothing but issues since after having the car for 6 weeks. The 1st issue was the headlight. I drove the car and opted to not pay for the repair because there was already a recall on certain models. It was eventually recalled. The next issue was the door handle. It was recalled and fix. The 3rd issue, I was driving to work at 6a in pouring rain. My car completely turned off with no power at all. I had to pay to have the car towed. I then paid to have alternator replaced. The alternator was eventually recalled and Dodge reimbursed me.

I'm now having an issue as in gears are not automatically shifting. I took it to Dodge and was told there was an update that needs to be done. The update fix the issue for 4 days. I have the same issue again. Keep in mind I have had the car towed twice and 2 weeks. I'm going to probably have to tow the car again. It's ridiculous to have all these issues. I should have went with a camry, Altima, maxima, or Honda. I know next time. My dodge neon didn't have all these issues.

Purchased a 2013 Dodge Charger R/T with barely over 17,000 miles. It now has 45,000 miles and several days ago I noticed smoke coming from the hood and coolant pouring from the front of the car. My water pump already went out along with the thermostat. Water pump is covered under power train warranty but the rest is not, making it a couple-hundred dollar problem with cost of labor included. Mostly just an inconvenience, but I've stumbled upon a few similar posts with dodge chargers regarding issues with the water pumps going out. Supposedly, a few spark plugs are already out as well, and the car isn't even close to docking 100,000 miles. Did not expect this with a fairly new car, and a bit disappointed to be honest. Hoping this is the last of the issues with it for a while. I really love this car, the smoothness of how it drives, and its sharp look. I just don't want it to become a pain in the ass.

I have a 2008 Dodge Charger R/T with 131k miles on it. I've had it for about 2 years and have done extensive work on it to make it look much better than it was stock. Needless to say I get compliments almost every time I drive it. I've only had one issue concerning my vehicle which was when my Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) started shorting out and that was (I believe) due to the massive amount of electrical additions and wiring I've done under the hood. Take care of this car well and it will take care of you.

The engine on my 2006 dodge charger started knocking and making noise, took it to the automotive shop. They say I need a new engine, also I had transmission issues, the car jerking and brake issues.

2011 Dodge Charger. Went from loving this car to hating it. Just over 3 yrs old (bought new in Mar 2012) and it seems every week there's something else not working on it. Took it in yesterday to have blind spot detection diagnosed, the dealer said it probably needs a new harness and sensors to the tune of $2500. The dash has rattled in this thing since I bought it and the dealer said it was just a loose clip under dash. It was not. In twice for that and now no warranty so now have to live with that.

The steering makes a groan in the column which I also live with now coz they couldn't fix it. The trunk switch has also been replaced at my expense and guess what? Today the engine lights on. I bought this car new and also 2014 Ram which I'm happy to report is starting to rust after one winter. I bought these vehicles with the intention of having worry free driving for 5 yrs with the expectation of having replaced brakes and tires. Very disappointed with these vehicles and doubt I will buy another Chrysler. It was definitely assembled in Canada but the components they assemble with are subpar.

My 2007 Dodge Charger rt has 93,333 miles and it the motor has to be rebuilt! After tender loving care our car has failed us! I should say Dodge failed us by producing bad Heimi engines. When I attempted to start the engine, it sounded like a belt broke. It was the piston shattering inside cylinder number 4!!! Last year I had to replace several sensors like the electronic throttle control, oil sending unit and crankshaft sensor. Very costly!!! Before the engine failed last Thursday, the charcoal canister is clogged from a flaw gas tank design.

Supposedly that would have nothing to do with the engine failure. I did some research and it has happened to another individual and involved the same cylinder. Is it coincidental??? I don't think so!!! I contacted Dodge and all they can say, is that there is no recalls and involving that type of issue. The only recall is involving the seat belt and air bag system. I hope they don't expect us to believe that. We need to band together and file a class action lawsuit against Dodge for producing defective cars, motors, etc. and force them to produce quality instead of quantity. Our money is good, would you agree? Call me at ** if you want to start a suit against Dodge corporation.

Dodge Charger Company Profile