2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.72/5

The Dodge Charger is an iconic muscle car that was first introduced in 1964. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Dodge Charger Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Charger?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Charger?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I have had my Dodge Charger for over 8 years now, It has not given me any major problems in those 8 years. It is reliable and comfortable to drive. It has had a few recalls but Ive not had any issues with item they recalled or getting it fixed. I'm now hitting 150,000 miles and we are still going strong. I love my car and plan to drive it until it just wont go anymore and my next car purchase will be another dodge charger because I just love it that much!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Car handles very well and fun to drive. V-6 provides plenty of power and 8-speed transmission is an improvement despite still showing typical problem of searching for a gear when at cruising speeds between 50-60. Often feels like it’s holding you back for the lower gear when you're trying to stay at a constant speed in the higher gear. Anyone who’s owned a Dodge knows what I’m talking about. I’ve owned 4 new Dodges and loved them all but would like to see them go to a different transmission or CVT style. Had a quirk with transmission clunking when switching to reverse in my 2019 Charger but seems to have dissipated. Lastly, get rid of the hard seats. My SXT has hard “racing style” seats. Great shape but terrible comfort. Not good on passenger side for short people either. You can’t adjust lumbar on passenger side. Overall, I love the car.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Well I'm very happy with the performance of the vehicle. The body style is great and I would like to just say if possible could Dodge come up with plans to design a 2 door Dodge Charger. I love the handling of the Charger. I love the design of the body work as well.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

If you at all, if you want a car that can be driven all year long this car is a beast in the snow. I have RWD SXT and it handles great, no going off the road, no need for the extra sand in the trunk. This car will get you to your destination safe.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Overall I'm very happy with my car. Just recently the actuator went out, and needed to be replaced. I was just outside of warranty but the manufacturer covered the entire cost. That was pretty great of them.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I Love my 2018 Charger Hellcat, with one exception. The car is now beginning to scare me. As often as several times each day, when I press the upshift paddle it will downshift instead. This could be very dangerous, even cause an accident. On every visit I've notified the dealership. However they won't acknowledge this frightening & problematic issue. Why?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have a 16 charger and my door panels are lifting. Went to Dodge while in my warranty. They said it was backed ordered. Went to different place. They said take back to the place I bought car from. I call many times, same story. Now my car is over 36,000. Now they say I'm out of my warranty and refused to cover 3/4 doors that are lifting. I see all forums of the same product problem. Something needs to be done about this. I also have made a complaint with BBB.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Unfortunately I have to put a star! I own a 2015 Dodge Charger. It is a little over 3 years old 50,000 miles and the interior door panels are lifting away from the door frame and the dash upholstery is lifting away from the dash and center console. I have read in Dodge forums that this is an issue with the years model, due to the foam lining panels. The dealership refuses to stand behind the product. The dash gets worse with every passing day. I have a 3 year old vehicle that looks like it is 20 years old on the inside. I have filed complaints with Dodge and nobody cares. This is my first and last time buying a Dodge and I go out of my way to let everyone that Dodge will not stand behind their workmanship. Shame on you Dodge. A quick fix and you can’t or won’t standby the consumer.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I'm a proud owner of a 2017 Dodge Charger, white with black, 20 inch wheels, love this car, fun to drive for a large car. But having issues with my a/c and that new gas that's in this car. How the hell did this gas get approved, so expensive to charge with, and being that they use this new gas it needs a high pressure system. In English this means problems going forward. Didn't these guys test this new gas before they went ahead and approved this. That's the EPA for you. It's also very explosive, if I would of known this, I would not buy this thing.

My Chevy Camaro still runs on that 134 gas which is so much better for the car and still blows ice cold air from 2015 with no issues, and much less expensive to repair and charge up. They made it where you and I couldn't even charge this system like the old days, they knew this, and even changed the adaptor so you can't charge the system or even mix gasses which I know isn't a good idea either.

Bottom line my ac gone out, only blows hot air, after a year and in a half when I started having issues with this. I have a bumper to bumper warranty but Dodge told me that I had over 36,000 miles on ac and it's no longer covered. It was like 100 miles over and they would not repair this. They also told me it can run over 5,000 for repairs. I'm not stupid. I'm good with cars, I think it's the evaporator coil being clogged or the expansion valve issues.

I'm curious, am I the only one having issues with a/c on a 2017 dodge charger? More good news, this new gas will be on most cars here built in US, GL! Stay away from dodge charges and those crooks, I mean EPA should be stopped. Now I heard they are adding more junk in your engine compartment to handle this high pressure system and to make it safer, does not make any sense to me. I guess this was a way to rip people off and pocket your money, what crooks.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I cannot complain about the power of this car. It's fun to drive. I have 2015 Dodge Charger RT with 42k miles on it. Noticed when I park after engaging the foot brake the car moves forward or back depending on the angle of the road. At 35k the water pump broke and it stayed at the dealer for 2 weeks for repairs. Spent almost $500 on the car rental for two weeks. Now when it was time for reimbursement Dodge said that they can only refund $175, WOW! I have a Mopar Plan that in case the car fails they pay for the expenses but ended up bouncing back and forth with Dodge and Mopar. Now at 42k miles, I noticed suspension problems. There's a noise coming from the front right suspension, a thud when it's running. I'm getting ready to get rid of this car and this will be my last Dodge vehicle.

Dodge Charger Company Information