3.70/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Dodge Charger

The Dodge Charger is an iconic muscle car that was first introduced in 1964. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Dodge Charger Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have a 16 charger and my door panels are lifting. Went to Dodge while in my warranty. They said it was backed ordered. Went to different place. They said take back to the place I bought car from. I call many times, same story. Now my car is over 36,000. Now they say I'm out of my warranty and refused to cover 3/4 doors that are lifting. I see all forums of the same product problem. Something needs to be done about this. I also have made a complaint with BBB.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Unfortunately I have to put a star! I own a 2015 Dodge Charger. It is a little over 3 years old 50,000 miles and the interior door panels are lifting away from the door frame and the dash upholstery is lifting away from the dash and center console. I have read in Dodge forums that this is an issue with the years model, due to the foam lining panels. The dealership refuses to stand behind the product. The dash gets worse with every passing day. I have a 3 year old vehicle that looks like it is 20 years old on the inside. I have filed complaints with Dodge and nobody cares. This is my first and last time buying a Dodge and I go out of my way to let everyone that Dodge will not stand behind their workmanship. Shame on you Dodge. A quick fix and you can’t or won’t standby the consumer.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I'm a proud owner of a 2017 Dodge Charger, white with black, 20 inch wheels, love this car, fun to drive for a large car. But having issues with my a/c and that new gas that's in this car. How the hell did this gas get approved, so expensive to charge with, and being that they use this new gas it needs a high pressure system. In English this means problems going forward. Didn't these guys test this new gas before they went ahead and approved this. That's the EPA for you. It's also very explosive, if I would of known this, I would not buy this thing.

My Chevy Camaro still runs on that 134 gas which is so much better for the car and still blows ice cold air from 2015 with no issues, and much less expensive to repair and charge up. They made it where you and I couldn't even charge this system like the old days, they knew this, and even changed the adaptor so you can't charge the system or even mix gasses which I know isn't a good idea either.

Bottom line my ac gone out, only blows hot air, after a year and in a half when I started having issues with this. I have a bumper to bumper warranty but Dodge told me that I had over 36,000 miles on ac and it's no longer covered. It was like 100 miles over and they would not repair this. They also told me it can run over 5,000 for repairs. I'm not stupid. I'm good with cars, I think it's the evaporator coil being clogged or the expansion valve issues.

I'm curious, am I the only one having issues with a/c on a 2017 dodge charger? More good news, this new gas will be on most cars here built in US, GL! Stay away from dodge charges and those crooks, I mean EPA should be stopped. Now I heard they are adding more junk in your engine compartment to handle this high pressure system and to make it safer, does not make any sense to me. I guess this was a way to rip people off and pocket your money, what crooks.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I cannot complain about the power of this car. It's fun to drive. I have 2015 Dodge Charger RT with 42k miles on it. Noticed when I park after engaging the foot brake the car moves forward or back depending on the angle of the road. At 35k the water pump broke and it stayed at the dealer for 2 weeks for repairs. Spent almost $500 on the car rental for two weeks. Now when it was time for reimbursement Dodge said that they can only refund $175, WOW! I have a Mopar Plan that in case the car fails they pay for the expenses but ended up bouncing back and forth with Dodge and Mopar. Now at 42k miles, I noticed suspension problems. There's a noise coming from the front right suspension, a thud when it's running. I'm getting ready to get rid of this car and this will be my last Dodge vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I got a 2014 Charger RT - about 47k miles on it. I got it new off the lot in May 2014. 3 months later I started getting a Battery Saver Mode and car turned off my screen side lights dashboard so I made an appt with dealer and nothing was found. Maybe about year later took it in again with the light on for the battery mode and they turned off the car and again nothing found. I have called dealer, talked to the main Dodge center, I've done recall alternator in 2018 and I still get it but without turning off and I don't want to be stuck in the middle of the freeway. No one can figure it out. I got a lifetime warranty on the electronic and motor and all that and useless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Charger?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I had leased a 2018 Dodge Charger in February of 2018. Ever since the first recall on the vehicle, that I took it in to Haddad Dodge of Bakersfield, the car has been malfunctioning. Every time we go out of town for the car will begin to shut off on the freeway. The car cannot even get to 65 MPH before it starts to shake then turn off. We had taken it in to 3 different dealerships where all of them have stated that there is nothing wrong with the car.

Out of all those 3 times, the car shuts off when we are driving on the freeway, let alone we have children in the car. The third time we took it in the dealership stated that it was a battery malfunction. We replaced the battery that cost us $800, and a few days later the car shuts off again while on the freeway. We even have taken videos and shown them that the car turns off while we are driving on the freeway. This car will surely kill us one day because of it turning off on the freeway. The warranty department just states to take it back to the dealership so they can fix the issue, but they don't care about my family's safety. We are literally afraid of taking this car anywhere. My kids don't even want to get back in the car. At this moment the car is back at the dealership waiting to hear what they will do this time.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Second owner of a 2011 Dodge Charger R/T with the 5.7 Hemi in it, bought it with 20k on the odometer. We have driven this car from coast to coast and have never had an issue with it. All recalls were taken care of in a timely manner by the local dealership. I have modified the car with aftermarket parts such as lowered suspension and cat-back exhaust. The Multiple Displacement System (MDS) works as it should and gives the car excellent gas mileage for a V8 car. I traded my 2009 M-B E350 for this car and I'm glad I did.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I purchased a 2016 Dodge Charger that is in excellent condition. The look of it is breathtaking. Looks just as it is, sports car, but also family car. The vehicle will make anyone's neck turn. It's sexy! I purchased it in 2017 at CarMax which I suggest anyone who is thinking of purchasing a vehicle to consider going by there. The vehicle is a four door model that has a lot of space so is great for a family of four, even five. But I would change the feature that beeps when you back up into a backup camera. And would also change the feature that has the Bluetooth only into DVD player as well as the Bluetooth because sometimes my cell phone dies due to me forgetting to grab a charger from my house or even having issues paying attention to the road while trying to locate a song I want played from YouTube or Pandora.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I'll just sum this up. I've paid almost double the amount I originally cost! But since it's paid for I'm sticking with it (2013 Dodge Charger Daytona Black), however when I get it out of the shop THIS TIME I will only drive it occasionally.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I leased my 2018 Dodge Charger in November of 2017. After putting a little over 5000 miles on it the transmission started to slip. Initially, Chrysler changed the valve body thinking that might do the job, unfortunately it did not. Days after the valve body was replaced I was still getting the hesitations between gears and the slipping. I took it back into my local Chrysler dealer and they had to replace the entire transmission. Again, I have only about 6000 miles on the Charger at this point. The transmission was replaced mid April and after it was replaced the car has not driven the same.

I feel like I have an overall loss of power and the transmission is still jumpy. I took it back to Chrysler to tell them I am still unsatisfied with my practically brand new Dodge Charger and the service advisors are telling me nothing is wrong with the car yet I am the one who drives in 100+ miles a day and experience the issues. I do not know what to do about the issue. If anyone has had the same issue please let me know. Thank you.

Dodge Charger Company Information