3.9/5 (238 ratings)

About Dodge Charger

The Dodge Charger is an iconic muscle car that was first introduced in 1964. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Dodge Charger Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Charger?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Charger?

Original review: April 10, 2022

Bought a new 2016 Charger from dealership. 1st month front 2 door panels lifted up like if they forgot to glue it down or something. Then less than half a year later sparkplugs go bad. A year later thermostat goes out. Couple 2 months later coolant lines from transmission to AC condenser break. Not even sure how that's possible! Replacing AC condenser, coolant lines to transmission having to recharge AC and refill transmission fluid and labor is costing me more 2700 alone not to mention all the back orders. SMH. With all the money I've spent just to repair the factory malfunction I would've paid more than half the car! It's a nice car just a shame they didn't make them as good as they look. Owned Dodges all my life but after this experience it'll be my last Chevy and GMC. Just a new customer.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Have owned Chevy, BMW, Honda, Mazda, Ford, VW & what not... But for the first time I owned a Brand new Dodge, bought in Dec 2017. Within the 1st month & <500 miles, I got a traction control malfunction message & when I go to the dealer, they say it's a fake one. Few months later, the trunk wont work consistently. About an year later, the trunk again gets jammed, they replace some mechanical parts. Few weeks later, the UCONNECT RADIO goes blank - replaced. Within 15 months, the UCONNECT RADIO & the key fob has issues, pay $500 to get that fixed. 2 Weeks later, now, the same problem.. After 10 days of leaving the car at the dealer - a $950+tax bill for the same. ELECTRICAL parts are just crap!!! Escalated this to the customer case & had no luck. Asked them so many times for a buy back & they just keep denying it. God knows what next for me!!!

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I Love my 2018 Charger Hellcat, with one exception. The car is now beginning to scare me. As often as several times each day, when I press the upshift paddle it will downshift instead. This could be very dangerous, even cause an accident. On every visit I've notified the dealership. However they won't acknowledge this frightening & problematic issue. Why?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I have had my Dodge Charger for over 8 years now, It has not given me any major problems in those 8 years. It is reliable and comfortable to drive. It has had a few recalls but Ive not had any issues with item they recalled or getting it fixed. I'm now hitting 150,000 miles and we are still going strong. I love my car and plan to drive it until it just wont go anymore and my next car purchase will be another dodge charger because I just love it that much!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Car handles very well and fun to drive. V-6 provides plenty of power and 8-speed transmission is an improvement despite still showing typical problem of searching for a gear when at cruising speeds between 50-60. Often feels like it’s holding you back for the lower gear when you're trying to stay at a constant speed in the higher gear. Anyone who’s owned a Dodge knows what I’m talking about. I’ve owned 4 new Dodges and loved them all but would like to see them go to a different transmission or CVT style. Had a quirk with transmission clunking when switching to reverse in my 2019 Charger but seems to have dissipated. Lastly, get rid of the hard seats. My SXT has hard “racing style” seats. Great shape but terrible comfort. Not good on passenger side for short people either. You can’t adjust lumbar on passenger side. Overall, I love the car.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Well I'm very happy with the performance of the vehicle. The body style is great and I would like to just say if possible could Dodge come up with plans to design a 2 door Dodge Charger. I love the handling of the Charger. I love the design of the body work as well.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

If you at all, if you want a car that can be driven all year long this car is a beast in the snow. I have RWD SXT and it handles great, no going off the road, no need for the extra sand in the trunk. This car will get you to your destination safe.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Overall I'm very happy with my car. Just recently the actuator went out, and needed to be replaced. I was just outside of warranty but the manufacturer covered the entire cost. That was pretty great of them.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have a 16 charger and my door panels are lifting. Went to Dodge while in my warranty. They said it was backed ordered. Went to different place. They said take back to the place I bought car from. I call many times, same story. Now my car is over 36,000. Now they say I'm out of my warranty and refused to cover 3/4 doors that are lifting. I see all forums of the same product problem. Something needs to be done about this. I also have made a complaint with BBB.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Unfortunately I have to put a star! I own a 2015 Dodge Charger. It is a little over 3 years old 50,000 miles and the interior door panels are lifting away from the door frame and the dash upholstery is lifting away from the dash and center console. I have read in Dodge forums that this is an issue with the years model, due to the foam lining panels. The dealership refuses to stand behind the product. The dash gets worse with every passing day. I have a 3 year old vehicle that looks like it is 20 years old on the inside. I have filed complaints with Dodge and nobody cares. This is my first and last time buying a Dodge and I go out of my way to let everyone that Dodge will not stand behind their workmanship. Shame on you Dodge. A quick fix and you can’t or won’t standby the consumer.

Dodge Charger Company Information