2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.70/5

The Dodge Charger is an iconic muscle car that was first introduced in 1964. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Dodge Charger Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Charger?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Charger?

Original review: March 7, 2018

My husband purchased me a 2018 Dodge Charger for my birthday. Beautiful car only 63 miles on it. About 1 month in a little over 2,000 miles my transmission went out without any warning. It is in the shop now for repairs. I am so disappointed and disgusted with this vehicle. We will see once it's out the shop what happens. Any advice on what I need to do?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I bought my Dodge Charger brand new in 2014... This past year in 2017 my Dodge Challenger was engulfed in flames. My car was a total loss. The insurance company determined after their investigation the cause of the fire was the engine. After my own research other people have reported the same issues even while driving their cars... My car was sitting parked when my car caught on fire. It was sitting 2hrs...when I heard a explosion. Dodge needs to have a class action suit against them and replace everyone cars.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

My 08 Dodge Charger with 70,000 miles on it needed a transmission mount replacement. I had to replace a few sensors. I replaced the hood compartment belts 2 times. I replaced the spark plugs, rotors, gas cap, and the exhaust. And the computer that controls the entire car malfunctioned. And the airbags, and ignition switch were recalled. All this cost me around $6,500 on top of what I paid for the car. I tried to sell it, but no one will offer more than $1,000 for it. I'd rather junk it than give it for that little, because it still has a thousand problems. After this experience, I'll never buy an American car again, because they are made of trash.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I bought a 2006 Dodge Charger less than 1 year ago with about 80,000 miles on it. I have did the basic oil change and upkeep on maintenance. I got in my car on Tuesday. Let it warm up for a few minutes then I drive off and I notice my car won't move faster than 40 mph. I get home and let it rest, the next day I let it warm up for 30 mins before I pulled off, hopped on the highway and the same problem. So I go to my mechanic and he says it's a transmission computer issue. I went online and see many people have this same issue with this same car. I contacted Dodge to complain and they seem uninterested in fixing a known issue with these cars.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

This is my second Charger rt max. I absolutely love these cars, it's fast, stylish, and comfortable. I see these horror stories, but unless you totally just beat the crap out of it or not the first original owner there should be no issues. IS there such thing as a perfect car? ABSOLUTELY NOT, and there isn't going to be either. I never buy used, and I suggest to those reading don't because you are buying someone else's garbage. They beat on it, wrecked it, cant pay for it, and drove it like they stole it. I have had some very minor issues, nothing that wasn't covered under warranty, I opted out of the extended when I bought the car as it comes with the standard 3yr/36000 mile bumper to bumper.

If you keep the car for that entire time then purchase an aftermarket one. Thats what the warranties are for. I once had an electrical issue with my first Charger and after taking it back 3 times with the same issue and dealer couldnt figure it out, I called corporate. They were the best, they had a started work on the vehicle and he was able to fix what the regular shop mechanics couldnt, even though they had it for almost a month, it was fixed. Again there is no such thing as a perfect car so get that idea out of your head. I also had a brand new Toyota Tundra platinum loaded, 12 miles on it at purchase sold it back after 6 mos. Nothing but electrical problems. Just to show another end of the spectrum here for all the "I'm gonna buy a Toyota cause they are so good" people. Hope this helps, just maintain the vehicle and dont beat the crap out of it, love it, take care of it, and it will take care of you.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I bought my 2006 Black Dodge Charger RT 4 Door in 2006 from local dealership in FWB, FL. I have the oil changed every 3k miles, had new tires put on. My car has had a couple of recalls. Nothing major. Air bag, and a few other things. All covered under RECALL. I have not had any issues with my car, like a lot of people I have read has had. I take very good care of it. And it has made it through a 100 year flood which water surpassed the door handles while in my garage. It has made it through 2 Hurricanes. And 3 hail Storms. No damage. It is 11.5 years old and so far, going strong. Proud to be driving it.

I just recently drove a BMW 2016 for 3 weeks while my son's vehicle was being repaired. He hit a cement pole in his (Dodge Ram 1500, 2007, also very good vehicle), (he is too young to drive rental car from insurance, so I drove it and let him drive my car to and from work and school, while truck being repaired). BMW drives like a dream. I would seriously considering buying one until I looked up the maintenance and compared over a 10 year period with other cars and it was the no. 1 problematic vehicle and the most expensive to repair if you add up all the repairs (on average). So, I guess I'll keep my sweet Dodge Charger until it starts giving me problems or until it needs a new motor. I guess I will buy a new car at that time. Good luck to all of those who own a Dodge.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Side panels are so soft that when washing the car the sides cave in with just a little pressure that I apply with the sponge. Door panels are folding inward on all 4 doors and this thing is only 3 years old. Too many recalls on this piece of crap and now the transmission is rattling like crazy and the dealer pretends to have never heard of any transmission problems with these vehicles. They have my car and said they would let me know on Monday if it's covered by the drivetrain warranty. Of course it's covered by that warranty you morons. It's part of the drivetrain. I will follow up after I return to the dealership on Monday.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I bought my wife a new 2016 Dodge Charger Sxt 3.7 v6 with like 8 miles on it back in Nov 201Oklae drove 4-1/2 hours one way to get "THAT" car. May 3 2017 @ 5:09 pm CST in Oklahoma, I had pulled into my driveway to find my wife's car on fire. Flames were coming out of the front driver wheel well and threw the hood same side. It was like a blow torch was running full bore. I bust the front door to find my wife and get her outta the house as the car was close by in the entrance of carport. Called 911 got fire department on the.

By the time they got there the car fully engulfed and my buddy's wife had come over to check on my wife (as I was at the end of the road waiting for fire trucks to follow me to the house) and had used my garden hose to put the fire out on my house. Very grateful she was able to come to our house. The fire was put out. No one was hurt. people have came to look at the car but have not gave clear answer as to what caused it. And have more people coming to look at it. As it stands it still sits where it burned. Apr 17 2017.

Original review: April 19, 2017

My Husband could have lost his life on the highway when his Dodge cut off. Only to find out they was going to charge us over $10,000 for a new Engine up until they found out we had a Warranty. This is when the Insurance Co. got involved and wanted the Engine broken down. Further after finding the timing belt should have been replaced to ensure my husband wasn't at fault further investigation from Victory Dodge yielded that an ex-employee from Keffer Dodge yrs earlier (we didn't own the car- it was in auction) signed off on the timing belt recall (yet didn't complete the work) which busted which caused total Engine Failure. Claim from Insurance CO. was denied so Keffer Dodge was responsible for the new engine.

Needless to say I twittered the incident, got Dodge Corp from MI involved and stating also they were doing everything to prevent this from happening again as well as customer satisfaction. Never once did I feel The Dodge Corp Give any thoughts or matter to hat day "Dec 23rd 2016" on HWY 17 when My husband was on the HWY & could have been Killed along with his father, who would have thought to look at the car??? And to have read an Article in Hot Rod Magazine that Dodge put up a big fuss about the whole timing chain recall mess and it wasn't till yrs later that they fessed up to them taking responsibility for it.

This Corp. just in my opinion should take a look in the mirror and put themselves in place of one of us how would they feel? How can we hold these Corporations responsible for such acts as what happened here? I know my husband and father are okay. How about the next guy or family? Or about the Lives they fail to take responsibility for because it was "following protocol" to rebuild the engine with the old engine parts and take the warranty down from 3 Yrs now till 2.

So now Long story short and lie after lie- from the three involved I wrote our State Attorney General's Office- Still Pending- It began on Dec 23 and it is now April 18 it was nearly a week ago when we got the Charger back for the second time. The initial time it was not a new engine, it was a rebuilt block with the blown parts off my husband's busted old engine. It was shaking, misfiring, leaking, so bad it misaligned his hood to where it would not shut. Back in the shop it went. I instructed them not to touch it that we had already discussed unless from day one the new engine was in it now look what happens. They were put on notice prior to them initially telling us to pick the car up that we contacted the Attorney General office and here again we have the car and are still awaiting the outcome of what's to become of such a nightmare.

Please also Beware of a Highway Officers Patrol Car "Also A Dodge Charger" Caught Fire under the hood as it was on the Highway in Wyoming the story caught my daughter's eye- unbelievable. "Never heard what happened in the Investigation." Only that the Highway Officer was okay. But this is the messed up part: the Machanic at the Victory Dodge's as well as the Service Management stated though they couldn't be responsible for the law-enforcement vechicles being they have their own mechanics who work on their vehicles which voids any liability/warranty we were the first Civilian's who had a cover up recall come through that shop. Not sure what he meant by that but seconds later he starts to tell me about a list of Dodge Vechiles on a list with serious recalls- in which he later gave me a copy of- Shocking "some life/death recalls".

The Chysler 200 has a Serious recall. I'm the CO-Signer for a family member. It also holds a serious recall which has deaths occurred and lawsuits because of it- the Airbags not only is it a Recall but they are on such back order. It's just ridiculous! So what are these people suppose to do? Told my family member to get a rental and park it. Have Dodge pay for it until they get the recall part in. In any situation with any vehicle- especially used off a lot- always check it with the dealer's system for recalls and having it look over by another dealership would be a bad idea either- and always ever 6 months check you're cars recalls against the Vin #. There should be a web site available just google.

You can't trust Dealers no more than you can trust a thief- I say that as well being too that the same Dealership done work on my 2011 Dodge Ram which claimed to have resurfaced the roaters as well as new breaks ropes out my dash some work on the Air conditioner well $24,00 later and come to find out no reserfaced rotors, crossed my heated seats, messed up my bezel, oil light on, insulation coming up from my dash had to get all that taking car of yet still after sending my husband up there a week of being gone on the road "trucker" he comes back tired not paying attention yet gives them the list- my dash hasn't been fixed- oil light still on- Bless my husband's Heart. I have to give him An A for his efforts. He was so exhausted that day.

Needless to say we disputed $12,00 of the bill w/ the credit card company- no response was made to our dispute- case closed refunded our dispute for half our bill &12,00 and the Dealership replace the damaged they caused to the bezel and gave me new rotors they charged me for which claimed was resurfaced and was not. I never had a problem when this was Nabor Dodge yet once it became Victory Dodge it fell apart. Never even heard of Keffer Dodge until this whole incident with my husband's car yet can speak too highly of them either or of the Dodge Corp in MI altogether. Everyone please be safe out there!

Original review: April 17, 2017

I have wanted a Charger forever, but if I knew now what I didn't know then, I would label these junk! Just to think I was a Dodge fan until I seen how much they refuse to help their clientele. I bought a 2006 Charger a couple months ago, and I can't even drive it now due to the toe leaning in from the plastic bushings on my rear end. My fear is the whole camber may be screwed, because my 2 back tires are all metal on the insides. We've already replaced control arms, engine and transmission. Now I am having to replace the complete suspension. Not just the bushings, but the shocks, tires again, possibly the camber depending on the damage done.

I have read several people having the same issues with the suspension and bushings. It's not a cheap fix because we not only fork out 400 for parts, but we have to pay the mechanics hour rates, and this stuff is petty and time consuming. How can you not help out your consumers to keep your future business. I am praying you issue more recalls for all the hassle with the suspension, and learn to value your customers. Dodge if you fix these issues we're all facing this can help you in the future, and it should give you insight on how to make a durable vehicle!

Dodge Charger Company Information