2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.69/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

The Dodge Charger is an iconic muscle car that was first introduced in 1964. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Dodge Charger Reviews

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I got a 2014 Charger RT - about 47k miles on it. I got it new off the lot in May 2014. 3 months later I started getting a Battery Saver Mode and car turned off my screen side lights dashboard so I made an appt with dealer and nothing was found. Maybe about year later took it in again with the light on for the battery mode and they turned off the car and again nothing found. I have called dealer, talked to the main Dodge center, I've done recall alternator in 2018 and I still get it but without turning off and I don't want to be stuck in the middle of the freeway. No one can figure it out. I got a lifetime warranty on the electronic and motor and all that and useless.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I had leased a 2018 Dodge Charger in February of 2018. Ever since the first recall on the vehicle, that I took it in to Haddad Dodge of Bakersfield, the car has been malfunctioning. Every time we go out of town for the car will begin to shut off on the freeway. The car cannot even get to 65 MPH before it starts to shake then turn off. We had taken it in to 3 different dealerships where all of them have stated that there is nothing wrong with the car.

Out of all those 3 times, the car shuts off when we are driving on the freeway, let alone we have children in the car. The third time we took it in the dealership stated that it was a battery malfunction. We replaced the battery that cost us $800, and a few days later the car shuts off again while on the freeway. We even have taken videos and shown them that the car turns off while we are driving on the freeway. This car will surely kill us one day because of it turning off on the freeway. The warranty department just states to take it back to the dealership so they can fix the issue, but they don't care about my family's safety. We are literally afraid of taking this car anywhere. My kids don't even want to get back in the car. At this moment the car is back at the dealership waiting to hear what they will do this time.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Second owner of a 2011 Dodge Charger R/T with the 5.7 Hemi in it, bought it with 20k on the odometer. We have driven this car from coast to coast and have never had an issue with it. All recalls were taken care of in a timely manner by the local dealership. I have modified the car with aftermarket parts such as lowered suspension and cat-back exhaust. The Multiple Displacement System (MDS) works as it should and gives the car excellent gas mileage for a V8 car. I traded my 2009 M-B E350 for this car and I'm glad I did.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I purchased a 2016 Dodge Charger that is in excellent condition. The look of it is breathtaking. Looks just as it is, sports car, but also family car. The vehicle will make anyone's neck turn. It's sexy! I purchased it in 2017 at CarMax which I suggest anyone who is thinking of purchasing a vehicle to consider going by there. The vehicle is a four door model that has a lot of space so is great for a family of four, even five. But I would change the feature that beeps when you back up into a backup camera. And would also change the feature that has the Bluetooth only into DVD player as well as the Bluetooth because sometimes my cell phone dies due to me forgetting to grab a charger from my house or even having issues paying attention to the road while trying to locate a song I want played from YouTube or Pandora.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I'll just sum this up. I've paid almost double the amount I originally cost! But since it's paid for I'm sticking with it (2013 Dodge Charger Daytona Black), however when I get it out of the shop THIS TIME I will only drive it occasionally.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Charger?

Original review: May 3, 2018

I leased my 2018 Dodge Charger in November of 2017. After putting a little over 5000 miles on it the transmission started to slip. Initially, Chrysler changed the valve body thinking that might do the job, unfortunately it did not. Days after the valve body was replaced I was still getting the hesitations between gears and the slipping. I took it back into my local Chrysler dealer and they had to replace the entire transmission. Again, I have only about 6000 miles on the Charger at this point. The transmission was replaced mid April and after it was replaced the car has not driven the same.

I feel like I have an overall loss of power and the transmission is still jumpy. I took it back to Chrysler to tell them I am still unsatisfied with my practically brand new Dodge Charger and the service advisors are telling me nothing is wrong with the car yet I am the one who drives in 100+ miles a day and experience the issues. I do not know what to do about the issue. If anyone has had the same issue please let me know. Thank you.

Original review: May 2, 2018

The 1969 Dodge Charger is the one of many cars I own. It starts and runs at a drop of a hat. It is stylish and while it's not a luxury car it rides and performs very well. Plenty of ponies under the hood. Very reliable in any situation. The only drawback is gas mileage 10 mpg city. Will keep this car forever and it never needs smogged.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Dodge Charger - Great car to drive. However, uses a large amount of gas and at times difficult to parallel park. But performance is great, smooth ride, sleek appearance, always looks personable and can be utilized as a professional automobile.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I purchased this Dodge Charger SXT V-6 3.5HO new in 2005, it has 225,000 miles on it and it is still an awesome vehicle. Biggest problem was at 198,000 the Front Suspension (Ball Joints, both sides) had to be replaced. The biggest gripe I have is that the environmental controls (Heat/AC Controls) are not lit up and hamper adjustments at night. A $27K car that has no console lights for the Heat/AC? That is a minor irritant, but the car is really a good one, one of my best owned!

Original review: April 4, 2018

I purchased 2018 Dodge Charger Daytona 392 in October 2017, the vehicle recently caught on fire. I only had this vehicle only 6 months when it caught on fire. Upon catching on fire there were no warning or signs before. What happen was that there were cloud of black smoke entering the vents of car and two minutes later my car went into flames. I contacted Dodge. There hasn't been any type of dialog between Dodge and I. They said there were investigator/claims specialist going to contact me, nobody has. I originally reached out Dodge March 29 and followed up with them on April 4. The customer service associate said he didn't have any information regarding my car, he said the adjuster closed my ticket and he wasn't able to look at the notes. I just wanted information regarding my car.

Dodge Charger Company Information