4.0/5 (57 ratings)

About DieHard Batteries

DieHard Batteries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DieHard Batteries?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DieHard Batteries?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I bought a Platinum DieHard battery in March 2022. It worked great for about two months. Then it would not hold a charge. I took it back to advanced auto where I purchased it. The guy gives me a replacement but gives me a gold instead of platinum like I exchanged. Less than a month later I had to charge the battery. I checked my alternator and for anything on that would cause it to drain and nothing was wrong with my truck. After charging the battery it worked for about three weeks then it was dead again. I tried to charge it and it would not connect to the charger so I bought a new charger same issue. Took the battery to advanced auto and they could not get it to connect to test it. I asked to exchange it and was informed you can only exchange it once. No prorated no nothing. Just buy another battery. Diehard used to stand behind their batteries. Now they are owned and made by advanced auto. DO NOT BUY DIEHARD BATTERIES.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Bought a diehard silver battery in March of 2022. In August off 2022 the battery will not hold a charge. Alternator and starter are good. Took it back to place of purchase and they said all was good with battery. Wasn’t even 24 hours and it was dead again. They finally replaced it with hesitation and coming up with that maybe I left lights on or I have a bad alternator/starter. Mind you there is a 24 month warranty on it and I have no other issues with my car.

Get buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Based on supposed reviews I had Die Hard battery installed in my car on November 13th. It was a Silver Series 86-1. The very next day the car would not start without a jump. After no help from the mechanic who did the installation I finally opted to take the car to the dealer. They did a complete system electrical check and the end result was the battery had a dead cell. At the time of the check the battery showed 10.2 volts. I had the dealer install a battery and the problem was corrected. It appears that quality control has become less important than satisfying a customer who was inconvenienced greatly. Die Hard was a Great name back in the Sears Days, sadly that time is gone.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I just replaced my Die Hard Battery today with another Die Hard Battery that I got from Sears. When I asked the clerk when the original one was purchased it was 2011. Incredible that this battery lasted 8 years of hard miles and driving on my car. Even when I turned in the battery it was holding 13volts and still capable of starting the vehicle but unfortunately its cranking power had eventually diminished and it didn't always start my car in the end. It truly lived up to its name of "Die Hard". It NEVER left me stranded, NEVER needed a jump in all the years I had it. It always brought me home. The funny part is that the clerk also told me how long the battery I had before that one lasted and it was 6 years. Go figure 6 years on the first and 8 years on my second Die Hard. These people really know how to make a battery.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

As a loyal Die Hard fan, I purchased the newest gold DieHard only to have it die in 3 months. To make matters worse, Sears would not replace it even though they have a 3 year warranty and was guaranteed. Awful experience. There are numerous better batteries on the market which stand behind their warranty...

Original review: July 9, 2018

We purchased a DieHard battery for my Acura MDX in February 2018. By June 2018 car won’t start if sits more than 24 hours-needs a jump. Battery tested by local shop-totally dead. Alternator ok. Original store where battery purchased no record of transaction. No recourse. DieHard Gold battery DEAD after 4 months!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have had only positive experiences with DieHard batteries. They are a good price and they work well. They are affordable and dependable and that's exactly what I want in a car battery! We have to replace our car battery every 5 years or so, which really isn't bad at all.

Original review: May 30, 2018

DieHard was the last battery I ever did have to buy again as I never had any problems with the car after I put a DieHard in it. No more stranded nights out fishing yup, but I always carried a generator with me. The batteries would always have that fierce cold cranking amps for the sub zero weather around here and I would definitely recommend DieHard batteries.

Original review: May 27, 2018

This was the first time getting a DieHard battery and it was the most reasonable battery I could get. The guy also said it was the best there was, and I took him at his word. And it was the best battery that I have ever bought. It was maintenance from, easy to install and it did the job. But they could lower the price and make it to last longer.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Diehard is a brand we have always trusted. We have many classic cars in which we use these batteries and the fact that the cars sit for a very long time and the battery holds charge is a comfort. And in the event the battery is sluggish, it charges up with no problems. I like the easy warranty. Due to the cars that we use the batteries in being stored primarily, on rare occasion the battery must be replaced. Yet we never have any issues with the warranty. DieHard Batteries perform to my husband's standards.

DieHard Batteries Company Information