4.38/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

59 DieHard Batteries Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 9, 2018

We purchased a DieHard battery for my Acura MDX in February 2018. By June 2018 car won’t start if sits more than 24 hours-needs a jump. Battery tested by local shop-totally dead. Alternator ok. Original store where battery purchased no record of transaction. No recourse. DieHard Gold battery DEAD after 4 months!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have had only positive experiences with DieHard batteries. They are a good price and they work well. They are affordable and dependable and that's exactly what I want in a car battery! We have to replace our car battery every 5 years or so, which really isn't bad at all.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: May 30, 2018

DieHard was the last battery I ever did have to buy again as I never had any problems with the car after I put a DieHard in it. No more stranded nights out fishing yup, but I always carried a generator with me. The batteries would always have that fierce cold cranking amps for the sub zero weather around here and I would definitely recommend DieHard batteries.

Original review: May 27, 2018

This was the first time getting a DieHard battery and it was the most reasonable battery I could get. The guy also said it was the best there was, and I took him at his word. And it was the best battery that I have ever bought. It was maintenance from, easy to install and it did the job. But they could lower the price and make it to last longer.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Diehard is a brand we have always trusted. We have many classic cars in which we use these batteries and the fact that the cars sit for a very long time and the battery holds charge is a comfort. And in the event the battery is sluggish, it charges up with no problems. I like the easy warranty. Due to the cars that we use the batteries in being stored primarily, on rare occasion the battery must be replaced. Yet we never have any issues with the warranty. DieHard Batteries perform to my husband's standards.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DieHard Batteries?

Original review: May 24, 2018

I am completely satisfied with the quality and excellent performance of DieHard batteries. I have used this brand for years and this is why I always choose this exceptional brand. I like how easily I can install the batteries myself. I have also had a technician replace my DieHard battery in their automotive shop and I've always been recommended DieHard batteries from automotive specialists as well as friends and family. The only negative thing I can come up with is the price of the batteries. Sometimes I have considered going with another quality brand but always ended up buying DieHard in the end. I feel like even though the price of the batteries may be a little more than other quality brands it's worth the extra expense.

Original review: May 20, 2018

The battery works great and I'm happy with it so far. I have had the battery for almost a year now and it hasn't died yet. I like that it has lived up to its name. Example, my three-year-old had turn the lights on in the inside of my truck without me knowing and overnight they stayed on. The next morning when I went to the store I noticed that the lights were on. I turned them off then let battery rest for about 15 minutes and then the truck cranked up right away. The battery didn't hesitate. If the door stays open or if the lights stay on in the vehicle overnight with other batteries it would more likely die and then I would have to get my cables to recharge it but with this battery I don't have to worry about it. The battery is just a little heavy.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Diehard batteries are the best for providing cranking power in adverse conditions, when it gets really cold a generic battery is not going to do it. I can trust Diehard to start every time. They tend to hold a charge better than some store brand batteries. Also, their price is competitive with other national brands. Excellent product for the money.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I like the DieHard Battery and it wasn't the most expensive, in other words my price range. However, I dislike when battery acid leaks. But other than that, they last so long. They keep going and going.

Original review: May 17, 2018

The DieHard battery is a very reliable battery with a very good warranty. Plus I feel that it is also very strong with a brand that you can trust. Also was referred by family and friends. I am very excited that I decided to pursue the DieHard battery. They take the worry out of going out on cold weather mornings. I also like how durable the battery looks and build.

I like the amount of cold cranking amps. This is especially good doing weather months. Also it has a nice contact size, easy to handle, easy to install with little effort. This very good that I feel even a woman could manage to remove the old battery and replace it with the DieHard battery. I will recommend the product to everyone that I can and ensure that everyone in my family would have this DieHard battery is installed in everyone's cars and pickup trucks. I have had one before and I am really pleased to have purchased this particular battery.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have had very good luck with the DieHard battery. They are very long lasting and outlasted the cars that they were installed in. It was the first battery that I bought that did not require water. It started up with lots of power. Of all of the batteries that I have used this was the most reliable - most worry free and always gave me great performance. The DieHard battery worked thru different kinds of weather. Once I thought my battery was dead - had the battery for 75 thousand miles - all that was wrong was the cable had to be cleaned. The battery ran for another 10 thousand miles. It's a great battery as is. I have used other batteries that have not held up as much as the DieHard. I had one that actually exploded. That is why that I have always depended on DieHard.

Original review: May 8, 2018

My experience with DieHard was really great. I bought it 12 mos ago and the car runs like a charm. Son-in-law put it in, in minutes, have had roaring starts since and we live in sub zero temperatures in Wisc. I've always liked "DieHard" because that's the way I work too! They are dependable, long lasting, start on-time and tops on their field. I trusted this brand for years. The DieHard Batteries are all effective and reliable, and even the price/value is so worth it.

Original review: May 7, 2018

The overall experience has been very satisfying. This battery has lasted me well over a year and a half now. It's efficient, trustworthy, durable, reliable and a great and important piece of my car! Reasonable price that was easy to install. I recommend DieHard to anyone looking for a battery.

Original review: May 6, 2018

DieHard Batteries start up right away. Durable in the rain and snow. Easy to install and comes with a extended warranty if anything happens to it. Bought it from Sears and it was worth the price. Easy to hook up jumper cables to it. This battery brand lasts longer than other brands. Has more durable outer coating. More retailers should sell it. But DieHard should offer a discount more often and issue coupons. Also, offer a free lifetime warranty if quits working or breaks, and a free battery check at every retailer that sells it and give a rebate if turn old one in.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I've always used DieHard batteries. They always last a long time and I can depend upon them, even in the coldest winters in the Midwest. DieHard Batteries are reasonably priced. Even in weather extremes, I can depend upon my car starting with a DieHard battery in it. I always recommend DieHard.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I bought the DieHard battery and it was a great price. Hooked it up and the car started right up. Time and time again DieHard batteries brand has done exactly what it said it would. The brand has been around for awhile and they have a nice variety in the stores and you can find them in any store. The company has always been consistent and has yet to show me anything negative about their brand

Original review: May 3, 2018

My overall experience with my DieHard battery was good. You can find them just about anywhere. It was a bit expensive and I might lower the price a little to make it affordable for everyone, but built to last. It also comes with a good guarantee. I still have the same battery after 2 years, and haven't had any issues with it yet. I would choose it over any other battery and I would definitely purchase a DieHard battery again. Hopefully, I won't need to anytime soon.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I have had a very good experience with DieHard Batteries and I have been happy with my purchase so far. The performance of the battery is excellent. They last a long time and I have no problems with it. The car starts right up every time and I don't need any car jumps. Even when the car sits for a long time, I turn the key and the car stats right away. It also works great in extreme cold during winter or in extreme heat during summer. Makes everything run smooth and the car runs great. The cost of the battery is a fair price considering how long the battery lasts. It's a good value. When I have to buy another battery I will choose another DieHard Battery. I give the battery a thumbs up and would recommend this battery to anyone.

I just wish the battery was not so heavy but all of the batteries are very heavy. Also, I wish there was another way to hook the cables up to the car. It's hard to hook the battery in. I wish the battery was not so expensive and that it would be under warranty and if the battery fails you could return it for another one free. I also wish there was a way to tell how much charge is left in the battery instead of just trying to start the car and it doesn't start.

Original review: May 1, 2018

DieHard Batteries has the best price of the options I had at the time and it held up very well. I do not have the car that I purchased the battery for anymore but the battery was not the issue and was still probably perfectly fine even though the car had to be junked. I was happy with what I paid for. It worked well for me.

Original review: April 30, 2018

We replaced the battery about 3 months ago. The DieHard battery was on sale when we went to purchase a new battery and my husband was pleased with that. My husband said that DieHard was a really good brand. The battery was easy to install and my husband was impressed with the ease of the installation. So far, we have had good luck with our new DieHard battery. It's been a great experience and I would definitely buy DieHard again if needed.

Original review: April 29, 2018

The battery worked fine. It fit in the compartment that was made for it. That's under my back seat. Change the casing on battery though. It seems to not be as good as the gel type. Change the top that clicks into itself where you have to put the water.

Original review: April 29, 2018

DieHard was a great battery. I had it for years. The battery I purchased lasted for the duration that I had the car. I never had an issue with that battery. I was happy with my purchase and I would recommend this brand to my family and friends.

Original review: April 28, 2018

The battery was good. The Book was easy to read to locate your battery. And the car battery came in three types of batteries. I always picked the best one. The batteries were very well marked to be able to pick the right size battery and the code was easy to read for expiration date. The battery was easy to install and the warranty was good.

Original review: April 28, 2018

DieHard actually "dies hard". Lol... I've never had to take one to get it tested or replaced. There are many brand names that I've used that are comparable but DieHard brand name sticks to my mind. The price is competitive and has always been a good choice for me. I would recommend it to anyone, friends and family.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I was needing a battery and DieHard Batteries was a good name brand battery at the time I had a car. It worked well for me and I had no problems with the tires at all. Overall, it was a good battery for me.

Original review: April 26, 2018

The Diehard battery was suggested by the salesperson and he indicated that it was dependable and for the price and the reliability of the product it would be an excellent choice. However if the battery had not been on sale at the time, it would have been a cost prohibitive choice. The Diehard battery has been installed for two years and lived up to the salesperson’s word of dependable through various types of weather conditions. Despite random cold to hot weather conditions, the battery has started the automobile engine without any hesitation. The size and ability to install the battery do not present a challenge to the installation process.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I have used DieHard Batteries a very long time. They are great batteries and they last a long time. They are very durable and well made and I never had to return because of any faults. If I leave something on and battery dies real easy and quick to recharge. Great company that has been making great batteries long history. My family members use this battery as well. I never had problems when first installing and mine last about 10 years before buying new one.

Original review: April 24, 2018

DieHard is a very good battery. Car starts easy and lights seem much brighter. I would use this battery and recommend it to family and friends. The price was a little higher but well worth it and that wouldn't prevent me from purchasing another battery.

Original review: April 18, 2018

DieHard Batteries is a trusted brand and very recommended by many. Every one I know uses DieHard Batteries. Even my granny trusts DieHard and she don't trust many things at all. Diehard is the best battery in my option and it has never let me down. It was very good buying it. I would recommend to my family and friends. I wish that it could be a little cheaper in price but when it's time I will choose DieHard Batteries again.

Original review: April 17, 2018

My overall experience with DieHard Batteries has been very good. The battery was priced good and the durability has been amazing. When I have to replace my current battery I always go for DieHard Batteries. They seem to last the longest out of all the brands and the car batteries I have purchased. They seem to do great in harsh climates, too.

DieHard Batteries Company Information