4.4/5 (1629 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Delta Auto Protect

As of 2/17/21, Delta Auto Protect has removed most features from its website and is not offering a way to purchase plans. The company states on its website that it is working with a limited number of employees due to ongoing issues with COVID-19.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Offers price matching
    • Direct provider
    • Covers vehicles up to 20 years old
    • Affordable plans

Cons

• Inconvenient quote process
    • Doesn't cover high-mileage vehicles

Bottom Line

Delta Auto Protect's extended auto warranties are among the most affordable you can find, especially because they price-match. Although the quote process is a little inconvenient, it's hard to find a better extended auto warranty.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Delta Auto Protect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Delta Auto Protect?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

If I could give zero stars I would. So quick to take your money, yet HORRID in issuing refund for unused policy. I have been waiting 6 months for my refund of $685 for a car that I sold in JULY. Suffice to say, hours of wasted time on hold and when I do get a fast talking slick representative, I get the runaround and appeased being hearing "the check will be processed". I have warned them via email and phone messages for the last month that I will take legal action and post a review and they just don't care. PLEASE go elsewhere unless you enjoy waiting on hold listening to terrible music and then getting the runaround and most of all NOT GETTING PAID. Good luck if you use them. P.S. I had a claim on another policy and my BMW service center gave up on getting an authorization as no one ever answers the phone and I had to pay out of pocket.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I purchased a Diamond Premier Delta Auto Protect Warranty in 7/26/17 for $1,800! My first claim was on 11-25-19, when my wife took the car into dealership for a Blower Motor Repair on AC System. Delta Auto Protect requested for the full service history of my used car in addition to the estimate. On 11-25-19, My Dealership sent them the estimate and I sent them details of the whole service history since I received the car. I use the Autosist App and I keep detailed records in addition to shop receipts. On 12-02-19, I also sent them the dealership estimate in addition to resending details of the whole service history. I then called Delta Auto Warranty said that they were still reviewing the claim. I was informed that they had all the paperwork

On 12-03-19, I called again and Aaron told me that they are still waiting for paperwork. I asked him how come I was told that all paperwork was received by them on a previous call. Then he switched to the run around again saying that it was under review. I asked for his specific Email so that I could send him the documents and get a paper trail (their website does not show you what has been uploaded). I was put on hold. I sent the Email. Aaron comes back and says that the dealership “Handwritten Estimate” on the Dealership Paperwork/Estimate Form will not do. It now needs to be typed up.

So far waiting for a week to get a claim approved or even reviewed. It is a good thing that the car is driveable. What happens when the car breaks down completely??? I guess they figure you will give in and pay out of pocket and they will say that you did not get the claim approved. I think this company is a SCAM. Stay away. If I do not get closure, the Better Business Bureau and Small Claims Court is next. I will update this post if things change....

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

My vehicle "oil pressure low" light came on and I turned it off and called Delta and they said to have it towed to a garage of my choice as long as they were ASE certified. I took it to my dealer who said they hadn't worked with Delta before, but if they were like other extended warranty company, it should be no problem. I later was told by Delta to read my contract where they don't have to approve any work if I didn't have the appropriate maintenance records. I told them that I bought the vehicle used and that the factory warranty had already expired and that I do all the oil changes and maintenance my self. They told me if I wasn't ASE certified that they had no way of telling whether or not the vehicle was maintained properly.

Then Katie ** told me to just get the CARFAX on the vehicle. I did, and it cost me 39.99 and when I called them to tell them that I was faxing the report to them. I then told her that I would cancel my two vehicles' coverage and that I expected a full refund. She then put me on hold. Amos ** then got on the line and told me that they don't accept CARFAX reports because it doesn't tell them what SAE of oil was used or if the proper oil filter was used. Whether or not the tires had been properly rotated? Then he said that I was a "buffoon" for doing all that work myself. When I asked for his boss, he said that the only people above him were the owners of the company.

They had offered me, as a courtesy, $200.00 towards a nearly $1400.00 bill for the work that needed to be performed. When I told him that I would like for them to pay at least half of the bill or I would have to contact a lawyer and write various consumer protection agencies. He then said, "Well if you're going to sue us, then I'll take the $200.00 offer off the table." He then said that he was the last and highest I could go in their corporate ladder. I then said, "Okay, just send me the 200" and hung up.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

WARNING! DELTA AUTO PROTECT EXTENDED SERVICE PROGRAMS. If you decide to purchase an Extended Service Program for your automobile you may want to read this further. I purchased an Extended Service Program back on 01/15/2017 for my 2011 Corvette from Sean ** (866-598-5429 **) at Delta Auto Protect. It was the Diamond Premier plan and would cover the vehicle for 80,000 or 8 years. I have since had the following experiences through July 31, 2019 using the Extended Service Program from Delta Auto Protect:

1) I received a voucher from Delta Auto Protect regarding Car Wash Promo. I was to be reimbursed for all car washes completed within 365 days of ESP activation date. On 02/13/17 I submitted a receipt for $22.46 along with the Car Wash Promo Reimbursement Form. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY REIMBURSEMENT ON ANY CAR WASHES, EVER!!!

2) I have had to repair the rear bearing on the passenger side of the car in February 2018. After taking it to an authorized repair shop, Delta Auto Protect authorized the repair and provided the shop with an authorization number. 3 weeks after I get the car back, the repair shop calls me to call Delta Auto Protect to see why they haven’t been paid. I called the Delta Auto Protect number 866-598-5429, spoke to their Customer Service Representative (CSR) and they couldn’t handle anything and was transferred to the reimbursement group. They finally issued a check to the Repair Shop. I called the Repair Shop and gave the information the check is coming. Luckily it did.

3) On 05/23/2019 my car decided to not shift from park to any gear. The shift linkage part broke. A common problem for the C6 Corvette. I called Delta Auto Protect at 866-598-5429 at 13:50 and spoke to David. He recommended I take it to an Authorized Service Center. I asked if a Chevrolet Dealership is authorized. He stated yes. I took it to Sunset Chevrolet. They fixed it but I had to pay the $632.93 bill. I asked why. Tito, the Service Rep at the Dealership, told me that Delta Auto Protect DOES NOT REIMBURSE THE REPAIR WORK VIA CREDIT CARDS. THEY REIMBURSE BY CHECK IF THEY EVER REIMBURSE and Sunset Chevrolet hasn’t had positive business experiences in doing business like this.

So, I pay the bill and submit the original receipts for towing ($135) and repair $632.93 to Delta Auto Protect via Registered Mail/Return Receipt Requested. Delta Auto Protect received the letter and the enclosed receipts on June 03, 2019. Kelley ** from Delta Auto Protect signed for it. I called Delta Auto Protect (866-598-5429) on June 20, 2019 @ 13:37 and spoke to Jay after a 4 minute hold. I asked the status of the claim. Jay stated “the receipts haven’t been uploaded as of yet”.

It’s almost 3 weeks since they received and no activity. Jay went to get someone from the Mail Dept for a status. Placed on hold for a few minutes. Jay came back on and stated they will have to call me back. I asked how long. They stated 1 day. Jay stated he will call me back and give me a status. I verified the number for him to call me back on knowing full well Jay will not call me back. Jay did state “This should have been processed by now”. Call was over in 7 minutes.

I never received call, so I called back (866-598-5429) on Tuesday June 06, 2019 at 3:15pm (5 days later). After waiting on the call for 22 minutes for a Representative to come on the line. I spoke to a lady who asked for a claim number. I told her I didn’t have one. I did inform her that I spoke to Marie on 05/23/2019 and I asked for a purchase number, claim number or case number and Marie (Delta Auto Protect Customer Service Rep) told me I didn’t need one. This new rep assigned me a Claim # ** and then told me to submit the claim via email to claimscenter@deltautoprotect.com.

I asked why do I have to email it when the contract states to mail it to: Delta Auto Protect 1800 John F Kennedy Blvd. Suite 300 Philadelphia, Pa 19103 which I already did May 29, 2019 and they received on June 03, 2019 signed as received by Kelley **? I then asked for a supervisor. I was transferred to Stanley ** and Julian (Supervisor, allegedly). I asked for a status. They acknowledge they have it and that they will cut the check within 7-10 business days and I will have the check 5 business later.

On Wednesday October 02, 2019 @ 2:15pm I called Delta Auto Protect @ 866-598-5429, selected option 2 for Question. I was on hold for 12 minutes and 40 seconds a Delta Auto Protect Customer Service Rep (female) picked up and hung up on me. I called Delta Auto Protect back on 866-598-5429 at 2:32pm and selected option 3 for status. After a 11 minute and 30 second hold I spoke to Jessica. She stated I needed to get an odometer reading and a notarized letter asking for a refund. This letter is now to be sent to a new address. The new address is: Delta Auto Protect 600 Eagle View Blvd. Suite 300 Exton, Pa 19341.

I asked since when and where is this published and why wasn’t I notified of the contract change since the contract states to mail it to: Delta Auto Protect 1800 John F Kennedy Blvd. Suite 300 Philadelphia, Pa 19103. And there is no mention of anything getting notarized. She just repeated herself and I agreed to send the information NOTARIZED as she requested. Now you know it and I know it that Jessica is lying to me but I’ll play along. Jessica at Delta Auto Protect is a sorry excuse for a human being and the world now knows it!!

So, on 10/02/2019 I sent the following package: 1) Notarized Letter. 2) A copy of the initial request (letter). 3) A picture of the odometer reading. The package was sent via the United States Postal Service, Registered Mail, Return Receipt requested. I have the receipt from USPS that they received it and will send it. We will see when Delta Auto Protect receives it.

Guess what? I receive a called from Delta Auto Protect on 10/02/2019, right after I mailed the package to them, from the following number 831-210-9429 (spoofed number?). The Rep from Delta Auto Protect identified herself as Katie and get this, Katie stated the Delta Auto Protect (they) are waiving the requirement for the notarized letter and I should have a refund in 30 to 60 days. Well, this prove Jessica at Delta Auto Protect is a sorry excuse for a human being and an outright liar.

10/14/2019 I receive from the United States Postal Service the return receipt request from the mailing on 10/02/2019. The Delta Auto Protect location at 600 Eagle View Blvd in Exton, Pa 19341 received the package on 10/07/2019. Kenane(sp) ** signed for the package. Apparently, Kenane(sp) printing and penmanship in grade school because it both are illeligible.

10/30/2019 09:19 am I called Delta Auto Protect at 813-210-9429 (probably a spoofed number) and 2 minutes later Marie ** answered. I asked for Katie and Marie informed me Katie is not in. I provided Marie with the ESP number and asked for a status of the refund. Marie states that she sees a note that Delta Auto Protect waived the notarized letter requirement and that I should be receiving a check either the first week or the second week of November. I asked if she could provide the prorated amount since they have had six (6) weeks to process the request. She (Marie) was not able to provide that information. Sunday 11/17/2019 6:30 pm No word from Delta Auto Protect and no check in the mail. I’ll have to call Delta Auto Protect and get a status tomorrow Monday 10/18/2019.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

We had a very easy claim for a water pump problem I thought. But after over 10 phone calls and now 6 months we still have not received our check for repair. This is the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with. We were told on 4 different calls that the check has been approved and mailed. Just give it a few more days. Last one was on 10/4/19 the customer rep said give it 5-7 days. Now as of 11/17/19 still no check. Deception and smoke and mirrors is how this company operates. If you call to get a new policy you will get someone on the phone immediately bending over backwards to get your business. After that 15-20 mins to get anyone on the phone and no help. Very dissatisfied and want my original fee of $1469 returned.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

This company is a scam, would give zero stars, they take your money and give you stupid reasons to deny coverage-I had an oil leak and provided all maintenance record required by Mercedes. They denied it because they said during my services I hadn't flushed the transmission-which had not been required or rotate the tires-my tires are different sizes in front and rear. And neither of these had anything to do with repair.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I have waited 3 months without a vehicle. Thank god I have a work truck to get to work. I have been made to file 2 claims for the same incident. I was denied the cost of the manufacturer dealership. On the second claim I was denied the claim, calling it “basically cosmetic” when it’s now compromised.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I purchased a Auto Warranty for my 2013 Range Rover Evoque. $2560 is the price I paid. The first claims were denied, Not covered! Then my turbo went out and they asked for all sorts of maintenance reports and the dealer would not accept their assignment of payment (Not Replicable). I had to pay for the repair then be reimbursed. The repair was in May 2019, I paid over $3000.00 with an additional fee for the rental car which they did not cover. On July 2, 2019, the claim was finally approved for $2260.78. Today is November 4, 2019 and I HAVE NOT BEEN REIMBURSED! They just continue to tell me Lie after Lie. It was mailed before Memorial Day, then before Halloween 10/4/19 and 10/29/19 with check Number 8787. Now by the end of the month (November).

There was a system update and it also was sent back. Just all sorts of lies and excuses. The Employees are trained to lie and the Manager/Supervisor tell even more lies. I want my money back and I want it ASAP! I am going to go after a class action lawsuit and every entity that endorsed this company will be liable. I am requesting you get involved and demand my refund immediately! Next day mail with a tracking number!!!! This is a very serious issue for the endorsement of a company that is a complete Fraudulent Warranty Company (DELTA AUTO PROTECT). Please post your experiences and help take down this fake company! Elderly, Disabled, Retired and Good American Citizens are being Robbed by this Company! Thank You **.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Delta took my car when almost majority of the companies refused to accept my car because it was high on mileage and was an old model. Delta not only gave me positive response but offered me a deal that suited my car. It provided for coverage of 120,000 miles for 3 years. 1 year has already passed and I have filed 4 claims so far. They all were approved without bumps and hiccups. I am sticking with this company as long as I have a car.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I had a policy with them. Cancelled sold the vehicle and was supposed to get a pro rated refund and never received. Horrible customer service. Very rude people. I have had to call several times and get a different answer each time. I do not recommend them at all and will not use them again.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Delta Auto Protect authorized worked on my car in July 2019. It's almost November 2019 and the auto body shop has not received payment yet. Delta LIES!! They keep saying they are sending the payment and never does. They took my money in a manner of minutes for the policy. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!! DO NOT BUY THEIR WARRANTY!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

The warranty contract I purchased was for the 2011 Ford Edge Limited 2 years ago and I am very satisfied with my deal so far. Recently I went for the heated seats that were not working. The dealer told me it was due to the bad HVAC control module. The rep told me the company is responsible for all the coverage so I took a sigh of relief and left my car there. I had a car rental facility from Delta and I could not thank enough for having this company on my car’s back.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

On 9/10/19 my service provider determined that the alternator needed to be replaced in my 2003 Porsche Turbo and estimate was sent to Delta for authorization to replace the alternator and received promptly. The work was completed on 9/20/19 and the invoice was faxed to Delta. On 10/4/19 I called Delta and inquired about the status of the claim and was told that they never got the invoice from the provider. Per the instructions of the claim personnel I posted the invoice to the claim file and emailed the invoice along with the contract number, the authorization number and the claims number.

About 10 day later I called again about the status of the claim and was told that they never got the information yet they confirmed they got my email and it was posted to my claim file but the invoice did not have the claim number on it. Additionally they shorted the repair facility an hour of service time as the book they use shows the time needed is 1.5 hours not 2.5 hours. This is a Porsche Turbo and requires additional parts to be removed to replace the alternator. The book used does not show a Turbo just a 2003 Porsche. I have been calling almost daily since 10/22 to resolve this problem and was informed that Delta just got the invoice on 10/22. I have left numerous messages for finance to call me about when my service facility will be paid and as of 10/24 I still have not gotten an answer.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I have been looking at the best warranty company for several months across a variety of warranty companies and narrowed it down to a few top choices. I decided to take the benefit of the July discount deals and signed up with the selected companies. The sales rep at Delta was pleasant and not pushy at all despite the busy weekend. The plan they offered me suited me best and was according to my desires and budget. Buying a warranty is not an easy job but the rep managed everything professionally and satisfied me. He made my day and it turned out to be the great choice. I would definitely recommend my friends and family members to buy warranty for vehicles from Delta Auto Protect.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

This company conned my parents into purchasing a $1400.00 warranty for their Acadia. After approximately 9 months of coverage they had an issue with one of the covered components. First, Delta denied covering the component stating that it was an excluded item, we then submitted their own contract to them, with this component clearly defined as "covered". Delta then authorized the repair, but 7 months later has yet to actually pay the dealer for the work, or parts. The The dealer has called on a weekly basis, and we have all called several times to find out where the payment is. Below is a list of the excuses Delta has given for non-payment:

- Payment request form not filled out properly
    - Invalid address
    - Returned Damaged check
    - Cannot located company credit card for payment (Deltas own credit card)
    - Credit card payments are made at the end of the month
    - Accounting department on vacation, call back next week
    - Check to be mailed out today, call back next week

- Check was returned, reason: unknown

We are now banned from the GMC dealer in our area, and are out $1400.00. If there is an open class action lawsuit against them, I'd love to join.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I have had great working experience with the Delta Auto Protect. The sales process was easy and coverage was great. My car was diagnosed before finalizing the contract for any pre-existing issue. After 7 months into buying the contract I had to file my first claim for the oil leakage and engine heating issue. I dropped the car to the repair center and picked up after 6 days. It was easy and efficient.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Delta is the best company to do business with. I am sticking with this company for 3 years despite the pressure of other companies who are always trying to drag me towards them. No high pressure by the reps at the time of buying and it is always a pleasure to work with them. I have premier plan that offers bumper to bumper coverage and is very comprehensive. I would definitely recommend it to the others.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I filed claim for the transmission of my 2014 Jaguar. The rep seemed to be on training because he handled the case very unprofessionally. He just noted my contract number and hung up saying he would get back to me after 5 minutes. But I waited for half an hour but no response. I called again but this line the rep who responded me was a gem. He was polite and cooperative. He approved the claim and instructed me to take my car to the certified dealer and told me he would take care of the rest. He proved his words and I did not face any issue after that. I think it’s your luck that you get on the phone when you call. A good rep would relieve your worry and would give you peace of mind. And an untrained rep would piss you off.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

AVOID THIS SHAM OF A COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!! They make you jump through so many hoops before even attempting to approve a claim, and then when they do, they have to send a physical check from their home office to your auto repair/dealer. In most cases they won't begin work on your car until they receive payment since 99% of dealers know this company is a total scam artist and joke.

We waited over a week for approval of our claim. Ran up a $665 rental bill, which don't even think they will reimburse, because they won't, and then when they finally approved the claim, they covered HALF of the repair estimate. The dealer would not wait for payment so I had to cover the whole bill myself, over $2500! Now I am waiting from Delta to reimburse me. It's been a week and a half and even though we have faxed and emailed the invoice, every time we call and wait on hold 20+ minutes, the answer is the same, "We have no received it." AVOID THIS COMPANY! How they are allowed to remain in business is beyond me!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I do not write reviews usually but when I do it is mostly for complaining about the bad services or products. But Delta has compelled me to write a positive review. I purchased a premier plan 6 months ago and it was an amazing experience. The rep guided me well and I landed a plan that was most appropriate for the make and model of my car. When I filed claim I was skeptical also its services and hoping a rejection payment from my pocket as I heard about other but nothing such happened. I could not be happier.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

2012 Mitsubishi is the first car that I managed to buy after 12 years of savings. So it is quite natural that I love this car and is very conscious about its road performance. I purchased it from a colleague and it is in the best forever. So, I purchased an extended warranty from Delta Auto Protect. Buying process was easy and transparent. When I filed first claim I called the rep and he responded real quick. He guided me about the entire process. It was easy to coordinate with the dealer and my car was approved within minutes. Delta is great.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

This company flagged as scammers, they will take your money with no service and no refund. They are scammers. Stay away. STAY AWAY, THEY HAVE SCAMMER TEAM, THEIR JOB TO TAKE PEOPLE MONEY. ALERTING YOU ....

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I bought a $2000 warranty for my Range Rover and when it came time to use the warranty they declined it because I had custom wheels on it. Yet, after I was told that I called to get a quote and told the person I had aftermarket wheels and I am always told no problem. Was told numerous times they would refund me and I am still waiting on the refund. Tried to contact them through the BBB and they are not accredited and don't respond to them either. So not only did they not help fix the car they stole my money and won't call me back. BEWARE!!!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Delta says they can't seem to find an inspector to send to review the request to repair my car, even though I have their most high level of coverage. People on the phone are not knowledgable and feed me to voice mail when I ask for their management. It has been over a month. Many many calls with no satisfaction. Mustang needs rear end work done. These guys have taken their 2500 and no not providing service.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

My first experience with Delta has been great, the staff is awesome and helpful, they explained really well what I was purchasing and how I am going to file the claim when it needs to be, the most convenient thing for me is my payment plan, as I broke down my payment in to 4 halves, as I could not pay lump sum and they agreed to it. Purchased a customized diamond plan that covers all the major parts of the car. I could not be more happier.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

My truck broke down nearby a mechanic shop. I was lucky enough to stop by a mechanic and after checking, the mechanic told me that there was a fault in the engine. I immediately called Delta and told the rep that my vehicle's engine is faulty. Left the car to the mechanic and went to the office of Delta. They filed my claim and after a week, got my truck back. Then after a week or so, they refunded my 780 bucks, Really appreciatable.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I purchased an extended warranty from Delta 2 years ago and filed a claim for the 2012 ML 350. Two months after buying the warranty the accelerator or a pedal sensor of the car got shot and I filed the claim. I was relieved that I got it covered. I called Delta and requested them to have it towed to the repair center because it lost all the power. They told me they will get back to me after a couple of minutes. But I had to wait for an hour. The car was towed and repaired. But next month I noticed $ 120 were deducted By Delta instead of $ 100. I called them to ask why this happened and they told me it was for towing services. I told them my plan covers towing as free service and fax them a copy of my contract. They apologized and promised to rectify the mistake and they did it after 1 week.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I had a car warranty that went off, so I looked into acquiring another one. I called Delta Auto Protect, and got everything over the phone. Their representative answered all my questions and told me what he could offer, what the price was and what the payments were going to be. The cost for their warranty was good, and it met my budget. So far, it has been a great experience.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Stay away from Delta Auto Protect - they are scammers. They dont pay for any coverage and when I cancel it they wont refund my money. Holding my money with no reason. I called them 100 times. They keep saying, "Will send you the money back," nothing yet!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I work for an automotive repair facility in Arizona, and I deal with extended warranties all day long and these guys are the worst. Customer has had this vehicle in our shop for 8 days now and still nothing from these guys. Every time I call back to check status all they tell me is we will call you in 24-48 hours. 8 DAYS REALLY? DO NOT BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM THIS COMPANY. TRUST ME. I AM IN THE INDUSTRY. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!

Delta Auto Protect Company Information