2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.54/5

The Chrysler Pacifica has replaced the Town and Country. Read more Chrysler reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Chrysler Pacifica Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

We just bought this car lightly used and so far so good. There is a lot to like such as the heated seats and steering wheel, dial shifter, backup camera, power seats, 9 speed transmission and spacious cabin. There are a couple things they could have improve on as well. The input for the rear seat could be improved to make navigating the DVD screen easier and more intuitive. Also the van didn't come with a tow hitch or even prewiring to add one on which made installation a headache. Overall, a solid purchase.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

2018 Hybrid Pacifica. Owned over a year, zero problems. 7800+ miles on 49 gallon of gas. Much more usable room than huge SUV that was traded in. Averages 34 miles a gallon when running on gas. Get around 36 miles electric before it goes into hybrid mode.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Excellent trouble free car. I bought the lower cost series to get cloth seats and because of that I couldn't get the good speakers. I replaced the cheap factory speakers with good ones, but had to disable the noise cancellation microphones by covering them to prevent feedback due to the change. I wish Chrysler would offer cloth seats as an option on their loaded models, and wrote them to that effect.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I bought my 2007 Pacifica on March 27th 2019. Since I have spent countless dollars on repairs. I first had to replace mufflers because they had a hole. in them. Then like many others...I will be driving then the car just cuts off. Took it to the mechanic who found nothing wrong. Driving to work one day the tire just broke off as I was driving. $340 repair. Then I've had hub bearings, control arms, struts changed. Still having problems.

Fast forward to 3 days ago...engine misfired. Take. it to the shop, come to find out, 2 gaskets leaking oil into my coils caused the engine to misfire. The mechanics fix it only to find that it still misfires so they replace the fuel injector. Engine is still misfiring. Now they can't figure out why it's misfiring after basically replacing every part on my engine. I'm up to $1400 bucks of work so far and they still have the car to see if its an electrical issue. I feel like I bought a lemon and I'm a single mother of 3 barely making it. I can't afford to be without my car or to keep fixing it.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I have been to the dealership with various problems since purchasing our vehicle new in June of 2019, each time being told that the problem could not be recreated. I feel like I purchased a vehicle that could break down at any moment and no one from Chrysler seems to care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler Pacifica?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Our Chrysler Pacifica 2019 Rear/Back Tailgate glass just exploded while parked at church (Houston TX) parking lot on 09/15/2019. As we were exiting the vehicle, we heard a loud blast from behind. Turned around and couldn't believe my eyes, the Back-Tailgate glass was completely shattered and pieces all over the place. There were others at the parking lot at the time of the incident who also saw this happen. Many even came over and asked, "how did you glass explode?" Luckily my kids are safe, but now there's glass chips are all over the place even inside the tailgate.

We had leased 2 Chrysler Town & Country vans prior to leasing this Pacifica and never experienced something like this. Started googling found similar posts on "Pacificaforums", namely, "Exploding 2017 Chrysler Pacifica window". This is a new van we just leased this year Feb-Mar 2019, with less than 3000 miles, so we hoped this defect would be covered under Manufacturer warranty. Opened Case Number with Chrysler Customer Care (+1-800-334-9200). Also posted the incident under (https://www.pacificaforums.com Forums: "2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Issues, Problems,"; Thread: Chrysler Pacifica 2019 Rear/Back Tailgate Glass Exploded).

Chrysler Customer Care was not helpful and didn't address this as a defect. The rep, she said they needed 2-4 weeks to investigate and then more time to conclude findings and resolution. They don't even want us to repair the vehicle until this time. They didn't even offer to arrange to have the van taken in at a dealership during this wait period and offer us a loner van to use during this time. "So I asked are you telling me not to repair the vehicle for 2-4 weeks that we need to use every day so somebody can come and inspect this in 2-4 weeks. Does this mean I have to put all the cleanup glass back in the van and park the van in the location of the incident (at church parking spot) for this inspector to inspect????" The rep's only reply was it is their process and the inspector needs to inspect to determine the how this happened.

I told them we cannot wait 2-4 weeks, we told them we can take the van to any Chrysler Dealership Service Department and they can have service advisors document the whole damage with videos, pictures, even they could be online if they wanted to confirm; their inspectors can write their findings based on all that documentation; the lady rep literally stated that Chrysler Dealership Service Department-Service Advisors are not qualified for this, so they cannot authorize that.

I told them, "Since you not going to help in anyway, my only option to get this resolved quickly is going through my insurance and have scheduled mobile at-home service to get this repaired via Safelite Autoglass. Will you at least cover my deductible that I need to pay out-of-pocket, just $250," and their reply was if I am getting it repaired outside then they cannot do anything to pay even $250.

I had a similar experience with my old Chrysler Town & Country where there was a defect with the van which we found when we lived in San Diego CA. Went to dealership, the service advisor drove the van under similar circumstances, reproduced the hazardous issue and we were the ones who had to help the service advisor stop the vehicle. The van was out of control and he also acknowledged the defect. We called Chrysler customer care from the dealership and asked the Service Advisor to explain the problem which he did. All Chrysler customer care rep could say was they opened case and I needed to leave vehicle there until they can investigate (for weeks and months) and didn't even offer loaner van.

Again, this was a new leased Van at the time. Since we knew how to control the vehicle if this happened, we just said we don’t need their help at the time, and they closed the case. In this case we didn't even ask for any compensation just needed their help to address this serious defect. Even when we report issues with their vehicles, Chrysler customer care does not have the slightest courtesy to understand of the trauma customers face 'cause of these defects, does not accept responsibility to address their own vehicle defects, does not value customers time or satisfaction.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Bought this car like 2 years ago, an 05 with only 120k on it, I should have walked away from the start. Not even a month after I bought it I had to replace the catalytic converter and the alternator, let alone not even 3 weeks after that had to have the trans replaced and the terrible place that did it dinged up the car. Subframe is rusty - had nothing but issues with water getting into the interior of the vehicle and replaced blower resistors and blower motors multiple times. No BS. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. I'M LIKE 10K INTO A 3K VEHICLE now and can't afford to get my self out of it.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Bought my '18 Pacifica May '18. January my car just wouldn't start, 3 tow trucks has tried. Dealership could not figure out what was wrong so they replaced the battery of the starter. 2 months later it happened again. It has been 4 full days, they still have not found the source of the problem. Forgot to mention that my car only has 7050 miles!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I had to take my fuse out to the stereo and heat so the battery wouldn't go dead... My radio stays on even with the car off... I was wondering if I replaced the radio would I have to program it... If anyone knows please let me know.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

In 6 months of ownership, I've had to replace inner and outer tie rods both sides, sway bar links both sides, alternator was making transmission shift erratically and surge so I replaced that, strut blew out completely on passenger side (replaced both sides), engine light has never went off and I need to pass emissions in a few months, catalytic converter is bad and the whole exhaust system too - it hangs down, gas cap is bad, was told the subframe is rusting, there's a evap leak somewhere, there's a code for the intake, burns oil like a taxi - 2 quarts a month sometimes more sometimes less, leaks antifreeze, transmission bangs around in heavy traffic, and drivers side vents don't work for the heat. Last time I went through a car wash the things that slide next to the windshield to stop water from coming in both flew off, rain guards flew off too. This car is just a joke, if I didn't fall on hard times and need this car I would've set it on fire by now!

Chrysler Pacifica Company Information