3.50/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chrysler Pacifica

The Chrysler Pacifica has replaced the Town and Country. Read more Chrysler reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chrysler Pacifica Reviews

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Our Chrysler Pacifica 2019 Rear/Back Tailgate glass just exploded while parked at church (Houston TX) parking lot on 09/15/2019. As we were exiting the vehicle, we heard a loud blast from behind. Turned around and couldn't believe my eyes, the Back-Tailgate glass was completely shattered and pieces all over the place. There were others at the parking lot at the time of the incident who also saw this happen. Many even came over and asked, "how did you glass explode?" Luckily my kids are safe, but now there's glass chips are all over the place even inside the tailgate.

We had leased 2 Chrysler Town & Country vans prior to leasing this Pacifica and never experienced something like this. Started googling found similar posts on "Pacificaforums", namely, "Exploding 2017 Chrysler Pacifica window". This is a new van we just leased this year Feb-Mar 2019, with less than 3000 miles, so we hoped this defect would be covered under Manufacturer warranty. Opened Case Number with Chrysler Customer Care (+1-800-334-9200). Also posted the incident under (https://www.pacificaforums.com Forums: "2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Issues, Problems,"; Thread: Chrysler Pacifica 2019 Rear/Back Tailgate Glass Exploded).

Chrysler Customer Care was not helpful and didn't address this as a defect. The rep, she said they needed 2-4 weeks to investigate and then more time to conclude findings and resolution. They don't even want us to repair the vehicle until this time. They didn't even offer to arrange to have the van taken in at a dealership during this wait period and offer us a loner van to use during this time. "So I asked are you telling me not to repair the vehicle for 2-4 weeks that we need to use every day so somebody can come and inspect this in 2-4 weeks. Does this mean I have to put all the cleanup glass back in the van and park the van in the location of the incident (at church parking spot) for this inspector to inspect????" The rep's only reply was it is their process and the inspector needs to inspect to determine the how this happened.

I told them we cannot wait 2-4 weeks, we told them we can take the van to any Chrysler Dealership Service Department and they can have service advisors document the whole damage with videos, pictures, even they could be online if they wanted to confirm; their inspectors can write their findings based on all that documentation; the lady rep literally stated that Chrysler Dealership Service Department-Service Advisors are not qualified for this, so they cannot authorize that.

I told them, "Since you not going to help in anyway, my only option to get this resolved quickly is going through my insurance and have scheduled mobile at-home service to get this repaired via Safelite Autoglass. Will you at least cover my deductible that I need to pay out-of-pocket, just $250," and their reply was if I am getting it repaired outside then they cannot do anything to pay even $250.

I had a similar experience with my old Chrysler Town & Country where there was a defect with the van which we found when we lived in San Diego CA. Went to dealership, the service advisor drove the van under similar circumstances, reproduced the hazardous issue and we were the ones who had to help the service advisor stop the vehicle. The van was out of control and he also acknowledged the defect. We called Chrysler customer care from the dealership and asked the Service Advisor to explain the problem which he did. All Chrysler customer care rep could say was they opened case and I needed to leave vehicle there until they can investigate (for weeks and months) and didn't even offer loaner van.

Again, this was a new leased Van at the time. Since we knew how to control the vehicle if this happened, we just said we don’t need their help at the time, and they closed the case. In this case we didn't even ask for any compensation just needed their help to address this serious defect. Even when we report issues with their vehicles, Chrysler customer care does not have the slightest courtesy to understand of the trauma customers face 'cause of these defects, does not accept responsibility to address their own vehicle defects, does not value customers time or satisfaction.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Bought this car like 2 years ago, an 05 with only 120k on it, I should have walked away from the start. Not even a month after I bought it I had to replace the catalytic converter and the alternator, let alone not even 3 weeks after that had to have the trans replaced and the terrible place that did it dinged up the car. Subframe is rusty - had nothing but issues with water getting into the interior of the vehicle and replaced blower resistors and blower motors multiple times. No BS. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. I'M LIKE 10K INTO A 3K VEHICLE now and can't afford to get my self out of it.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Bought my '18 Pacifica May '18. January my car just wouldn't start, 3 tow trucks has tried. Dealership could not figure out what was wrong so they replaced the battery of the starter. 2 months later it happened again. It has been 4 full days, they still have not found the source of the problem. Forgot to mention that my car only has 7050 miles!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I had to take my fuse out to the stereo and heat so the battery wouldn't go dead... My radio stays on even with the car off... I was wondering if I replaced the radio would I have to program it... If anyone knows please let me know.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

In 6 months of ownership, I've had to replace inner and outer tie rods both sides, sway bar links both sides, alternator was making transmission shift erratically and surge so I replaced that, strut blew out completely on passenger side (replaced both sides), engine light has never went off and I need to pass emissions in a few months, catalytic converter is bad and the whole exhaust system too - it hangs down, gas cap is bad, was told the subframe is rusting, there's a evap leak somewhere, there's a code for the intake, burns oil like a taxi - 2 quarts a month sometimes more sometimes less, leaks antifreeze, transmission bangs around in heavy traffic, and drivers side vents don't work for the heat. Last time I went through a car wash the things that slide next to the windshield to stop water from coming in both flew off, rain guards flew off too. This car is just a joke, if I didn't fall on hard times and need this car I would've set it on fire by now!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler Pacifica?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

When you activate the cruise control, your odometer is gone! Accident: 5 miles ahead, where do I monitor miles? Car in median: 5 miles ahead, where do I monitor miles? See a trend here? Was this designed by someone that only rides a bicycle? Congratulations Chrysler, you will truly help Honda and Toyota sales.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

This issues keeps popping up every once in a while. If I select the surround camera app while in drive and the vehicle is stopped, I cannot the change the camera view or close the camera by pressing the X button on the top right corner. None of the other camera view options work. If I put it in reverse and drive the screen goes to main uconnect apps. Also at the same time when I put it in reverse none of the other camera view options work. The screen remains stuck until I move out of reverse. I brought this to the notice of my dealer but they play dumb claiming it's not a known issue! However I have read about this very same issue on Chrysler forums and it is a really well-known issue. So the duplicity of the dealership is pretty obvious and they don't seem to care that I know that they are lying! The dealership is Earnhardt's in Gilbert AZ!

Original review: June 21, 2018

My 2006 Chrysler Pacifica is the best car that I have ever owned. I dont ever want to think about having to buy another car. The car isnt fancy. It has a 3.5 motor. It will get up and go when you want to get on the interstate. It will get you where you are going. The only thing that I dont like about my car is that it has a terrible blind spot on the drivers side. Also you do not want to roll the windows down in the back if you are driving down the road. The car has a terrible roaring sound when you do this.

Original review: June 17, 2018

It is a very attractive and a very nice family car. It is also very technologically advanced. I like how it is very handy and good for road trips. Its lights look super cool. I like its space in car, price, colors, designs, leather and inside features, handy censors and apps. But I dislike how you cannot get a sky view when you get eight seats in the car because I wanted it all. Overall very good and I would recommend.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I love the features. It drives nice. It is comfortable as a passenger and driver. Lots of features that make it a great car for lots of uses. Lots of space for people and cargo. I like the remote start, ease of stow and go seating and kid friendly theater system. I really like being able to heat the car in the winter or cool it in the summer before getting in. However, the console drawer doesn't pull out so it is a problem if something gets pushed behind it. No spare tire. Key sense is difficult to disable and has annoying feature of limiting stereo volume making listening to my audio books difficult.

Chrysler Pacifica Company Information