Find a Car Buying Sites partner

3. Car Buying Sites

3.6/5 (102 ratings)
Find a Car Buying Sites partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About CarGurus

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

CarGurus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarGurus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarGurus?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

During my recent search for a late model used car, I found this site very helpful. The selection process was very comprehensive and the search results were updated regularly. The information provided including vehicle history and CarFax results were most helpful. I recommend them to searchers,

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

The app has spyware and it will invades your privacy even when you are at home. I do not suggest this app it hasn’t been accredited and do not recommend the app for anyone!! It shows up on your commercials after you download the app when you never seen a commercial before!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Drove 2 hours to purchase a car that was not as pictured on CarGurus and did not come with the equipment stated in the ad. Dealership informed us they don't directly post on CarGurus and they have nothing to do with them.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Per cost per lead they are more expensive than "every vendor" combined. They only allow 30 leads a car. They sell your customers to Carvana with pops-up. That's why your leads have dropped. Huge scam, biggest ripoff.

Original review: June 23, 2020

CarGurus has misplaced the title for the vehicle that I sold to a buyer in another state. The process has been dragging out for over 2 months now and they are expecting us, the buyer and seller to do all the legwork of finding the required forms and completing the process. We are receiving zero support or responses from them. Their attitude amounts to "this is your problem, you figure it out." This is despite me paying for the full autopay service. STAY AWAY unless you want a major headache and zero sympathy or support.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I have bought 3 cars and sold 2 cars here. I most recently used their autopay system (when I sold my car) where CarGurus handled everything concerning the buying process. No concerns about fake cashier's checks or scams - they take care of checking the title, acting as the go-between with the money, paying off the lien (if there is one), and providing $75,000 worth of coverage (should anything go wrong). It went seamlessly and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. And all of that is included in the $29.95 price to sell your car. That also includes a FedEx prepaid label (if needed, and my buyer was out-of-state) to send the title and bill of sale to the buyer. I've bought 2 cars from dealers using CarGurus, one was 400 miles away and the other was 60 miles away. Cars listed on here get great visibility too. I had a hard-to-find car (the one I just sold), and had 3 serious inquiries within an hour of my listing, and one of them ended up being the buyer.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I was looking for a pickup with low mileage and a great price. I didn’t want a truck off a lease. I found a great pickup with mileage that wasn’t bad for the year. It was used for a utility company. Everything was in great condition as per Description from CarGurus.

Original review: June 15, 2020

I've used this site for approximately 5 yrs. now, continually "just seeing what is out there". They break down the options more than any other site, including doing an evaluation as to "DEAL RATINGS... Great Deal, Good Deal, Overpriced, etc." They have more search options than most sites so you could limit your search down to color of the vehicle. Some of the ads even show the seller info so you can contact seller direct with-out using their site and not knowing for sure the seller was contacted (which HAS happened on other sites). Want financing? Some ads even show it might be available. I still use other sites, but this one is FIRST!

Original review: June 14, 2020

CarGurus.com helped me a lot to make a decision on which car I wanted to buy. They lost the price and let me know if it was fair or not based on the market in my area. It detailed all the information of the vehicle and has the Carfax reports attached. I would definitely recommend this site to everyone.

Original review: June 11, 2020

This is an excellent online company. They give links to contact listing person or company. An excellent coverage of what each car has and the ability to ask for more if needed. The photos for each car, if available, are excellent. They also let the potential buyer ask for more. The seller can contact you, if requested, by phone, text or email. They use symbols as well as text to let the buyer know what that particular vehicle has to offer. I have been contacted by a seller more than one time when requested.

CarGurus Company Information