2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.09/5

Cadillac is a division of General Motors that manufactures luxury cars. Read reviews for their models:

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Cadillac Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I bought a used Cadillac SRX 2015 last month & had NO IDEA that I'd Never be able to drive my very first Cadillac at Night! The lights go from very dim to non existant in a matter of seconds from the get go! I truly cannot believe a company this size & reputation would knowingly dismiss all of the complaints regarding driving safety & no headlights to see the road!!! This is unbelievable & unacceptable! Shame on you GM!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Buying a Cadillac SRX was a HUGE MISTAKE. I bought a used Cadillac SRX in January of 2019 and it was the worst mistake. I have had to spend over $4000 in repairs within the first year and Cadillac has been of NO HELP at all. In fact, they gave me overinflated prices for the repairs and incorrect assessment of the issue.

Firstly, my rear bearing went. Nothing to be done about that except to fix it. Repairs were just under $800. Next month, my lift gate failed and dropped right on my head. After moving out of the way and letting the lift gate fall closed, it refused to open again. Not manually and not with any of the power buttons. We brought it into a dealership and after a $70 inspection, they said it was fused shut and they didn’t know why. They quoted my $450 to break open the rear lock. On top of that $450 price tag would be a new diagnostic to see what the root problem was. The mechanic said it could be the module, the struts, the shocks or even the motor. With all that, I would then need to reprogram the module for another $150.

As I was deliberating what to do next, the Cue system (the touchscreen where everything relies on) stopped working. I had no central control over heating, music, navigation or anything else, on top of no trunk. I took my car to a mechanic who boasted previous work for Cadillac to see what his prices were. He charged me $0 to open my trunk! He used the manual release hidden behind the tail light. Why wouldn’t Cadillac do that?? Instead they tried to charge me $450 for a whole new lock system.

After that, he told me that there was a problem that plagued a lot of SRXs. The moon roof drainage lines, when backed up, leak into the trunk of the SRX (under the spare tire area). So, we checked and yes indeed, there were 2-3 gallons of water in my trunk. The lift gate module and the motor were both submerged. So, in the end I had to pay for the 2 new struts, new motor and new module. I now have to go back to Cadillac to have the module reprogrammed (as only Cadillac can do it). They are charging me $150 for that, and offer NO help at all. Unfortunately, there will be a real chance of it happening again, as there was no way to fix the drainage problem.

To fix my Cue system, Cadillac quoted me $1400. This mechanic I went to and replaced it while I waited and only charged me $400. That’s a $1000 difference in this one aspect alone. My car is only a 2014. It has 86,000 km which is just outside their warranty period. Cadillac boast their comfort, their quality and their care for their drivers. Well I say BULL. When I bought a Cadillac, I thought I would have a quality vehicle that would last, while providing a comfort that my children and I would love. That did not happen. At all. Buying a Cadillac was the worst car decision I have ever made and it has cost me thousands of dollars and dozens of hours in repair time. I will not buy a Cadillac again and I highly discourage anyone buying a SRX. It is not worth it. Sure, its pretty but mine is the sourest of all LEMONS.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I purchased a Cadillac SRX and was very excited at the time. Little did I know I was fixing to have regrets. Cadillac used to have a great reputation but not anymore. I have a car that only has 49000 miles. Bought it brand new and it's been in service dept 3 times each time for a week for their poor craftsmanship. They could care less how long you go without a vehicle. Will not provide a loaner. I know friends with a Lexus, BMW get loaners and treated like they care. The problem is Cadillac's faulty design in the sunroof water can't drain properly so it runs into the car shorting out electrical. This happened not once but twice. Now I can't see at night unless my lights are on bright because of anther faulty design. Headlight covers retain moisture and become faded and cloudy.

A class action lawsuit is ongoing but they are telling me I have to pay $1000 out of my pocket. I don't Think so. When I wreck because of this a lawsuit will be placed on Cadillac. They can't pick and choose who they will take care of. As I'm typing this my car sits in the service dept while they don't care. Johnson motor co won't even call back. I may as well bought a cheap piece of **. It wouldn't have been any worse but better. I wouldn't have paid as much to be SCREWED!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I bought a 2016 Cadillac CTS in JULY 2018 at CADILLAC OF GREENWICH. THIS WAS CAUGHT ON VIDEO (DASH CAM, WITNESSES) was driving with my wife and my brother in a very TOURISTIC part of NYC (59th st and 5th Avenue). The car started emitting smoke and the hood went in complete flames. Thank god we came out of the car on time and the FIRE DEPARTMENT broke the hood and put out the fire. We were told that the damage even got to the gas line since gas was leaking and the brakes also stopped working. If the fire wouldn’t have been put out in 2-3 minutes we would’ve all exploded and many tourists (innocent bystanders) would have died. Mechanics are saying that the cause was because of FAULTY manufacturing inside of the hood.

The Cadillac dealership washed their hands and don’t want to accept responsibility. NOBODY WANTS TO TOUCH THE CAR and I don’t have comprehensive insurance so they are useless. My car is considered total loss even though it wasn’t my fault, I was sold a faulty car. Cadillac of Greenwich promised to honor my warranty till 100,000 miles and it was “luxury” which was a lie, I have it all on text messages. The guy RAJ pressured me into trading my old ATS and telling me the New car was luxury and it wasn’t. I confronted him after I found out (a week of having the car) and all he said “oh sorry I thought it was luxury.” Since first day of driving off the lot, I’ve been having issues with the car, I went MORE than 5 times back to the dealership to fix many issues especially something with engine and transmission because the car was jerking. They “tried” to fix it but said that there’s nothing they could do.

They were pressuring me so much to buy the car because it seems like they wanted to get rid of it. I called Cadillac customer service and they are just delaying everything. I’m hiring a lawyer and to sue them. I suffered loss and I almost died!!!! I have proof please contact me for more info. I have messages, Pictures, Videos, Witnesses. DON'T EVER BUY FROM CADILLAC.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Great aesthetic and styling. Excellent road manors, handling, and ride. Very solid power deliver and road control in harsh weather. Excellent interior with comfortable fit and crafting. Rotten reliability. Official Cadillac Certified repair is a joke and a complete scam. Leaking sun roof. Issues with alternators and electrical. A lot of recalls. Overall, love the car but hate the service department and always worry about how long until something else breaks.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I love my Cadillac SUV. I have a 2012 and 2019 year models. They handle the road nicely in rain and snow. It is a smooth riding vehicle. I have never had any issues with the vehicles. Just regular maintenance has been the only thing needed.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

For a top end luxury car, this vehicle had numerous problems, including drivetrain, cosmetics, and more. Additionally, value decreased rapidly. A positive, Cadillac did repair everything, no questions asked, while under warranty.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I switch from a Lincoln MKX to this Cadillac. I am very impressed with it. The Cadillac is a bit smaller but has nearly as much interior room and is more comfortable. Driving is better as you can see better, is a better ride and has better power plus better gas mileage.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Great car. I have the 6-speed manual transmission and 2.0 turbo engine. Great combo and a lot of fun. Super handling and great gas mileage. Easy shifting. It's fun to drive and not something most people even know about.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I have owned my 2006 DTS for 3 years. I bought it used with 51,000 miles. It now has 142,000. The car is very comfortable to drive and ride in. I love all of the luxury features such as automatic high beams, memory seats, remote start, and XM radio. I had a roomy trunk and quiet interior. It gets between 21 and 23 mpg pretty consistently on regular unleaded.

What I don't like about it is how often it needs repairs. Around 70,000 miles, I had to have the entire front suspension system essentially rebuilt, as tie rods, ball joints, and struts were worn out. I developed several oil leaks, and I have stopped trying to get those fixed. Changing front turn signal bulbs and headlights requires the front bumper be removed. Parts seem expensive. I plan to keep it for another couple of years. I doubt that I will be replacing it with another Cadillac.

Cadillac Company Information