4.1/5 (253 ratings)

About Cadillac Escalade

The Cadillac Escalade is a full-size luxury SUV. Read more Cadillac reviews to learn about other models.

Cadillac Escalade Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac Escalade?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

I bought brand new 2022 Cadillac Escalade ESV Sport. I drove less than 7k mile. Couple time break got failed. I don’t understand. Brand new. Got master cylinder and pipes issues. Sitting at dealer for 5 weeks waiting on parts. I call Cadillac customer service. They want me wait till break fail get again then they do something. Breaks fail is big issue is can big accident. Not satisfied. I own Germany and Japanese Mercedes Lexus Tesla X. Never any problem. Cadillac was my big mistake. I will never buy again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

Purchased a new Escalade in June. Paid over 110k for this car. It has had leak after leak. Yesterday, on a family road trip, started smoking profusely and had to have the car towed. (Leaving me and my family on the side of the road) transmission was Leaking tons of fluid. It has been repaired at a Cadillac dealer for this problem multiple times and still has issues. I deeply regret spending so much on a terrible car. I have owned several luxury cars and suvs and Cadillac does not compare in quality or customer care to high end German brands. I would RUN from an Escalade if you are thinking of purchasing.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

I bought a 2005 Base Deville with the Fleet Livery package, with 75,000 miles. It's amazingly powerful V8 engine reminds me of old muscle cars, except that it's smooth and quiet. Cadillac warranty's the "fleet" vehicles with a 150,000 miles, I understand. I get why: This massive V8 moves the car effortlessly at 70 miles an hour, barely over an idle. I also understand the "fleet" means the radiator is larger. You see, radiators tend to get clogged over time...this reduces the effective cooling capacity and often results in overheating. With this super large radiator, even if it's half clogged up, the other half will still keep the engine cool making it last and last, as overheating kills motors. The car is exceptionally comfortable and roomy, front or back seat. I got 27 miles per gallon, and wonder why I did not buy one sooner.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I have owned many Cadillac Escalades and loved them. My 2016 has been a problem I bought new. The brakes went out when driving 3 1/2 months after purchasing 2900 miles. Then was good for a while. When I would get serviced they would fix recalls. Have had problems with cameras some computer stuff Door locking etc and those darn running boards on passenger side still don’t work. They hit you in the ankles when you least expect it. So I took my car in for CAl on screen so cameras not working and the service rep said, "You should get your transmission serviced." It has 41700 miles. Said due at 45000. That way I won’t have to come back right away. I said ok. $1100 later. Picked the car up on Wed 9/30/20 went home.

Next day that CAl on screen again and doors wouldn’t unlock Same on Friday the Saturday 10/3/20 I parked in front on my business. I got out of my car with my employee we had stuff to unload. I pushed the clicker to open didn’t work closed all doors tried again we were pulling on pack door and nothing. Walk to my drivers side. Opened door. Heard noise. Car started rolling. Toss me on ground. Drag me. Now broken ankle and leg. Waiting to here back from G.M.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I bought a 2015 Escalade about 4 years ago, I have experienced most of the issues everyone else has, transmission vibration, leaking air conditioning condenser, and cue scream issues... however now I also have paint issues. Having bought GM for many years the last that’s the last issue I thought I’d have. My Escalade has 48k miles and has always been taken care of, now I noticed my hood and roof are faded. We contacted the dealer, but they said that issue is not covered. I haven’t gotten en estimate yet, but from the other reviews I have read it seems to be $2000-$2500 repair. Thanks, GM definitely not the quality you would expect when paying $80k +.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Cadillac Escalade Rolls Back when Start/Stop Button Pushed. I parked my Escalade on a slight incline and pushed the power button off while the vehicle was in Drive Gear. I have reached out to Cadillac and Dealer and their response was that you have to put the car in Park before switching off. I have discussed with many vehicle owners and they make the same mistake but their vehicle does not roll back. I have a 2019 Jeep Wrangler and it does not roll back and is half the price of an Escalade. I hope that the new Escalade does not roll back as it is very dangerous and could lead to fatality.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Very satisfied with all the comfort and the bells and whistles. Great for taking long trips especially to Colorado. Even has 4 wheel drive for all of the mountain driving on snow and ice. Also has driver assist for holding you in your lane and for parallel parking.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Purchased a new 2016 escalade. Around 16k it would shake while accelerating to merge on freeway. Dealership said no codes show up so can't fix. I took to my buddy who is a tech at Ford dealership. He found the problem when he took it for test drive hooked up to computer. 4 out of 8 ignition coil bad. I took results back to Cadillac and service manager pissed off that I took it to Ford. He still refused to fix it and also refused to take it for test drive and have it hooked up to computer. I used lemon law. And they had to take it back and refund everything. Never again.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Brakes are not working on 2015 Cadillac Escalade. Attempted calling the local dealer and was told that we could set up a service appointment even after I explained that the vehicle was unsafe to operate. After I informed him that i was not going to drive the vehicle. I was told to call Cadillac Road Side Service since vehicle is unsafe to drive. I then proceeded to call GM Road Side and explained situation. Was told I had to transferred to customer service and was disconnected. I called back and the 2nd time the gentleman's phone I was speaking with cut out on me. I called back a 3rd time to finally get someone to help me with this issue. Simply poor service for a majorly dangerous situation.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

My Escalade passenger side by the dash started on fire from wiring. I reach out to them to take care of the issue. They blamed it on a bigger fuse in the fuse box. Mind you, there is no bigger fuse. Then they said it was wiring to the radio. Mind you the factory radio is still in the truck and was never replaced. I still have the Vehicle and there is no sign of any of that they're saying and they're just like to hell with you and your truck and hung the phone up. These people don’t mind us Representing their product but when something happens then best believe you’re on your own. And note I only gave them a one star because you have to put something in that field.

Cadillac Escalade Company Information