Cadillac Escalade

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased new 2016 Cadillac Escalade a few months ago. It has been in the shop 5 times, and as of now, a total of 21 days, due to an UNKNOWN VIBRATION with 6,200 miles. Six hundred miles have been put on driving to dealership for service!!! We have purchased at least 22 new GM products. This is likely our last due to the run around from GM. So disappointed and totally inconvenienced! The cheaper rental cars for a loaner are not acceptable due to my height!

We purchased a 2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV in 2015 with factory warranty and certified warranty and now that I have 54,000 miles I noticed that my dashboard has two cracks on the driver side, I called GMC Cadillac (11-28-16) and they informed me that it's not covered since it's no longer under factory warranty. However, speaking with two separate dealership they said this has been happening a lot especially on black escalades and because the plastic is very thin and also moves and bends with the car and the heat over a couple of years starts to crack the dash.

I want to know if other people are having this issue and would like to start a campaign in social media so that other new and future owners are aware of the quality workmanship that is taking place in the expensive Cadillac Escalade and hopefully GMC would stand by their product even if its only 4,000 miles after the factory warranty ran out. This is a default that they are clearly aware of. Please call me at ** if you have experience this problem. Thanks.

We bought a 2012 Cadillac Escalade last summer. Since then we have had tires that lose air easily. We replaced them 6 months ago but are still losing air. We took the car back to the tire shop and they explained that it is an issue with the rims. I can see from the numerous complaints that this is a manufacturing issue but Cadillac refuses to take care of the problem since we are over 50,000.00 miles. They should pay to fix the problem since the problem existed at manufacturing.

3 time Owner of Escalade -- Disappointed with the 2015 quality. This has to be the worst Escalade Cadillac has come out with. While there was a significant price increase the quality seems to have suffered even more. First week of ownership the car was in the shop for the Auto Cruise control not working, first month new transmission had to be put in then onto all the interior things - leather peeling, console leather wrinkled up, chrome fell off the door, exterior parts between the windows all had to be replaced. Engine still glitches now the power locks went out. Really??? On 100K vehicle this is a complete Fail!!!

Like everyone else, 2016 Escalade ESV Premium. Started having issues from the minute I drove it off the lot, Trans bucking, Vibration, a very rough ride and driver seat clicking noise. Took it 3 time back to the dealer total of almost 1 month and still having the same issues. I hate my truck so much it's making me sick!! Can anyone advise me on what to do, can I return it back to the dealer? The truck has 12k now. Shame on you Cadillac, Escalade was the only thing you have going for you and you go and screw it up!! Shame on you!! I would never nor recommend to anyone buying or even thinking about buying this truck!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac?

This is my second GM. Large suv, great vehicles. Then I bought a benz. Go diesel. Loved them, but my family thought it was too small for us. My wife picked the cadillac for our beach and other trips with the second row bench for trip naps. The size is perfect, but the cadillac is the biggest disappointment. The transmission is awful. In the shop 4 times. No improvement. The dash cue display is hard to see from the driver seat. Loaded it rides great but empty it is not great. Never again will I consider a product from cadillac. Great dealer response but no results to fix the problem area. I am told there recalls. I am still waiting for a proper satisfying solution. Cadillac you have lost me and many of my 104 friends that ask me about the vehicle. I am not a whiner. As a rule I am a car guy.

My wife and I bought a 2012 Escalade with 31,000 miles in June. The vehicle looked and drove great after driving it off the lot. 3 weeks later my wife called me and explained that the radio is cutting out and the truck seems to be losing power. I told her to go to Autozone to get the alternator and battery check. I'm thinking 4 year old car with 31,00 miles it may have been sitting for a while so the battery may have gone bad.

After the test we learned that the alternator was going bad. We replaced the alternator that day. My wife and I went to Walmart today, and are now experiencing the same issues. The voltage of the charge of the charging system seems to be correct after research. I'm wondering if anyone has experience anything similar, or does anyone know what maybe wrong. Any help would be awesome!

This is my 5th Escalade and probably my last. After 5,000 miles, the transmission began to buck when you hit the pedal. It also lunged forward about 10 inches after shutting off. My dealer had it for a whopping 2 weeks. Horrible. Great dealership, bad truck! I'm out 80 grand and my wife refuses to drive it. My 2016 loaner has the same transmission delay. Ugh.

Bought a 2015 Escalade after owning 2 others, 2005 & 2009. I noted that the 8 speed automatic transmission was different than what I had before, so I asked for someone to check it out. They did and told me there was an upgrade on the transmission that they performed. No difference, so I called back and spoke with the service manager and told him the issues I was having. The car would act as if it had not gone into gear. I would be in drive, but the car wouldn't move, therefore I would push more on the gas, and then it would surge and give whiplash to any passengers including myself. If you are the passenger, you simply think the driver is a bad driver. I finally got them to recreate this in service and they ordered a new transmission for the vehicle and put it in (only 9000 miles).

It seemed better for a while, now it is doing the same thing again. It jerks when putting into gear, sometimes the engine simply revs and doesn't move. Occasionally when turning the corner, it revs and doesn't move. How in the world can a $95000 car be this bad. Also the side mirrors are so high, I have to raise up high in the seat at a turn, to see over them, bad blind spot. The indicator that someone is in your lane on the mirrors is in the same color as the turn signal indicator in the mirror and at a peripheral glance, you are not sure which you are seeing. The 'auto' feature on the heater fan is always on, on the old models it would only be on high if the engine was heated enough to throw warm air. When you turn off the heat in the rear, it will come on by itself when no one is back there. Anyone have ideas as to how to get some satisfaction?

Having owned an 07 ESV with nary a problem and 145K I did a ton of research on the 2015 and 16s. Waited until the 16 came out, thought we had a true winner until I got to driving it. Very rough ride with the 22-inch wheels. That vibration has created a rattling, vibration in the center CUE that the dealer can't find!! The sunroof has a sporadic slapping sound like wiring hitting the roof. Generally the plastic fitments are a joke. They just vibrate all the time.

This past Friday with a mere 1430 miles something went clunk in the transmission that now has me worried sick. Dealership says that they have never heard of these problems before. Yet I read about all of them online. I have filed a complaint with Cadillac and am beginning the lemon law process. I know how this is going to end and not well for me. Tell you what I will do; having owned 5 Lexus LS over the years with NEVER a problem, customer service that truly cares, I will find a Lexus LX570 and won't look back.

Updated on 02/10/2016: Here it is Wed Feb. 10, 2016. I have had my 16 ESV in now 8 times in 8 weeks. She has 1685 miles now and I hate it. There is a new vibration in the dash in behind the tachometer. Vibrating. Having a great ole time! I know this is a lemon. Have filed two complaints with Detroit and got my first ever phone call today from Ms. Ebonics. Could barely understand her. Says their goal is to repair and if you have an attorney already then she can't help. Folks spread the word - don't buy anything Detroit, GM, nothing. HQ won't help. They truly don't care. I have a $90K paperweight sitting at the dealership and don't ever want to see it again.

I own a 2015.5 Cadillac Escalade which I purchased from David Taylor Cadillac in Houston, TX just a few months back. It’s important to know we’ve been loyal Cadillac customers since 1980 when I purchased my first 1980 Cadillac Sedan DeVille and have owned Cadillac since 1980. We continue to enjoy our 2011 Cadillac Escalade which my wife drives. So we are the proud owners of two Cadillac Escalades. Never one complaint until recently when realizing we have ZERO VISIBILITY TURNING LEFT OR RIGHT beyond sunset, NO LIGHTING whatsoever for a full 90 degrees on both the left and right side when making a turn in either direction, VERY VERY SCARY SITUATION TO SAY THE LEAST. It’s difficult at best to even comprehend such a blatant design flaw, however it’s so serious that we can’t comfortably drive our new car beyond sunset.

This is a life threatening General Motors Corporation, Cadillac Division manufacturers design flaw and I know it’s hard to even imagine that this newly designed Cadillac Escalade could have ever gone to production with a most important detail as to having lights when turning left or right being discovered. I have taken my vehicle to David Taylor Cadillac on several occasions to see what aftermarket lighting solution they might have, however the consensus by everyone from my service writer to our service Manager to the General Manager is that nothing can be done on their end that wouldn’t be obnoxious and unsightly and that clearly this is a gross Cadillac Escalade design flaw. Please call me at ** at your earliest convenience. Please recognize the seriousness of this most serious safety issue. Can you even fathom driving a vehicle at night, any vehicle, without lights? That’s what I thought, NOBODY CAN.

I was a very loyal Cadillac customer until I leased a new 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV. For the last eight years I had owned a 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV. One of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Very little issues and great experience. In December of 2014 I leased a new 2015 Escalade ESV. This truck has been in and out of the shop at least six times. It is currently in the shop and has been for eight days as they replace the torch converter and the Cue System. Also have transmission issues. I am ready to turn the truck back in and move away from the GM brand.

Well.. where to start... The beginning is best so here goes. Traded a 06 Escalade for an 08 Escalade plus a few dollars on top because it's a beautiful vehicle as was the 06, but the color and options were everything I wanted in the first place. So I'm driving it around for a couple weeks and the engine light comes on. I take it to a garage I trusted. 4 days later engine light again so around the 3rd time I take it to the actual Cadillac dealership... they fix it not once, but twice and now it's broken again and each time they assure me it's something different.

I purchased my 2002 Cadillac Escalade in 2005 from a used dealership. It was beautiful to me and ran so smooth I felt like a queen. We have driven back and forth from California to Colorado a few times and had no problem. About 2 years later the CD player started missing and finally never turned on again. The passenger seat no longer heats up. The side view mirrors won't tilt up anymore nor left or right. The back hood door no longer stays up. The breaks make an annoying squeak & get hard. I have to pull over, unscrew some screw in the tire and all this oil looking stuff comes out and I have to tighten it again. Every day now I have to do that. It always says I need to put oil in it or change it. The abs is messed up and brake light stays on and airbag light too.

And there was a time my brakes would give out, out of the blue. I almost killed myself one day when it caused me to run a stop sign on a heavy traffic road with lots of diesel trucks. My air conditioner causes my car to look and sound like it's gonna die. It's so embarrassing. I love my car but I will NEVER EVER purchase another Cadillac Escalade again.

Sunroof leak will cause your floorboard to get wet. Open your sunroof and pour a cup of water down each drain hole towards the front of the vehicle. The water should dump outside like your air conditioning. Mine is in the shop right now because it got into the electronics and it's a big mess!

We bought our 2008 Escalade new from the dealer. It has 130k miles on it. The retractable running boards no longer work, multiple door handles have had to be replaced, some twice. Seat cooling module melted down. Had to be replaced twice. Console between front seats had to be replaced. We have dealt with multiple tire leaks at corroded rims and rim cracks. Cruise control doesn't work. Back up sensor is disabled. Rims are corroded so badly the Cadillac emblem fell off 2 of them. This $80k vehicle is a great disappointment to say the least. Would never buy a Cadillac again.

I was driving and my car door locks. They would lock, unlock, then the motor would rev up and when I got to where I was going, shut it off and did not start. Then we unhooked the hot side of battery and it cooled off and started. It does this a lot. I used to love my car but now I would never say good about Cadillac Escalade. They should not cost as much as they do because they don't stand by their cars because they are made to money you to death.

Trying to figure out why every time it rains or I wash my 2007 Cadillac Escalade Esv the driver side floor board be wet. Can you tell me what causing this and how to fix it.

I own a 2004 EXT and the trans. had to be replaced within 60K miles (10K miles over). After that the blower fan, back up sensor and the front diff. went out. Other than that this is a great truck. It may be wise to add an extended warranty as these items are not covered under warranty because of months or mileages, the one that come first. After replacing all the above at 113,385 miles no other problems as of now.

Numerous times in shop for various issues. Latest one is tires losing air, because of the fake chrome paint they apply poorly on their rims, as well as the metal from the rims cracking inside the bolt holes. Extremely poorly designed and built and you'll get 0 help from GM or Cadillac. Biggest piece of CRAP I have ever owned in my life!! I will NEVER buy any GM Product again. NEVER!!

Purchased an 09 Escalade ESV with 59k miles. Use it as a car service for high-end clients. Just hit 120k miles, engine has ceased due to catastrophic camshaft failure damaging engine beyond repair. Same damage to another colleague in same industry.

How about a positive for Cadillac? I purchased a 2006 Escalade in November of 2007 with 27,000 miles. I now have 18,3000 miles on this vehicle and still get 18MPG on a trip, put new tires on at 98,000, oil sending unit this week, original brakes.

While returning from a trip to Disneyland, our 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV made a horrible noise and stopped. We had the vehicle towed the last 70 miles home to a local garage. After an engine teardown it was determined that a broken valve spring caused a bent valve and led to a $ 3,000 repair. We purchased the car new and it has been pampered. Not covered under warranty, of course, due to the age of vehicle. I expected more than 42,000 miles from GM's top of the line Flagship. I have purchased over 20 new GM products in the past. This will be my last!!

Cadillac Escalade - I have had all four of my exterior door handles break. They actually pulled away from the exterior car door panel. I currently have my vehicle at the dealership right now to replace the fourth handle. I am told that there is no recall by GM for the exterior handles. My car is a 2007, the handles should not be falling off the car. I have paid for each replacement, over $100.00. How come GM is not doing a voluntary recall for this problem?

Our car is a lemon and they won't take it back. Car turns off randomly and power and everything turns off, including the steering.

Bought a new 2009 Escalade after owning multiple BMWs because I wanted a large 3-row SUV. After two months of ownership, while driving a black battery or fuse box cover simply fell off from under the dashboard and nearly caused me to crash because it got lodged behind the brake, WHILE DRIVING. Went to dealer and it was replaced after warranty. A few weeks later, got a letter stating that the heated wiper fluid had a recall, since the OEM vendor for that heated module went out of business, GM gave me $100 as compensation for a feature that is no longer usable on an $80,000 vehicle. Went to dealer within the next year for numerous cosmetic and build quality problems.

Front and rear Cadillac logos fade within 2 years, replaced 4 times, rattle behind knee dash trim, dealer ordered part but never called me to install it. A TPMS sensor went bad, replaced, leather on seats started tearing after 3 years with LIGHT use. Center console became extremely loose and creaked, replaced, bases on 3rd row seats started rusting, dealer only offered to replace the bases which means disassembling the entire seat, didn't accept because I KNEW they would screw up the seat. Screws under hood started rusting, repainted, seam on rear doors started coming apart, replaced, rear cup holder scratch easily, replaced. Dashboard cracked near instrument panel caused by dealer detailing, exterior door handles broke on 3 doors, the driver's broke twice, replaced with door handles that didn't match size wise, both headsets broke, replaced.

On year 2, it was a rainy day and the sunroof was closed, but I saw water drops started dripping from the overhead DVD screen. It broke my heart, turns out the drainage lines were not installed properly which caused a backup that the drain pain could not contain. The entire headliner was removed and the drain lines fixed. Trim on exterior window edges started fading after 3 years and both sides had to be replaced. Seat motors would fail and the seat fold feature failed also. Passenger and rear passenger window switch failed. Numerous rattled and squeaking, poorly fitting panels and many other numerous other problems with the car. I should have listened that that "American cars are garbage" is no myth.

Give a Tahoe a new engine, hood, fascia, headlamps, dash and tada you have an Escalade. Absolutely no innovation and concern about quality. After 4 years 8 months of ownership, I sold it when the audio/nav became defective and would cost $1200 to replace. Went back to BMW and am still wondering why I even considered an American vehicle. No wonder GM is recalling millions of vehicles because a 40 cent part was too expensive and they had to use a 30 cent part and that it is worth. AMERICAN CARS=COST CUTTING. Just look at HUMMER, Saturn, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Mercury. Cheap, cheap vehicles, You don't see Audi, VW, Jaguar, Peugeot going out of business.

Apart from these defects, there were numerous ergonomic and design issues with the car: 3rd row seats don't fold flat and each weigh 50 lbs, 3rd row is only for little kids, mediocre storage space, 16mpg on a good day, no front parking sensors, seat leather was squeaky, shiny, and felt like vinyl. On my 5th BMW and have NEVER had any cosmetic or build quality problems with them. I guess that German engineering is no myth. Goodbye America cars-my previous US car was a NEW 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee...lemoned. Enough said.

I own a 04 Escalade. I love my vehicle but for awhile I have been dealing with my stability system traction control engine automatic shut off. It don't matter where you are. You never know when it's going to happen. The vehicle disables itself giving you short notice. Even with small children in the car, the vehicle loses power creeping at 5 miles an hr or less. When you try to accelerate out of harm's way, there's nothing you can do. The steering wheel locks after brakes applied. I have to sit, unplug my battery, reconnect and pray I make it home safely with my children on board. Worse case, get towed if far from home. There are other owners with the same problem. There is no recall when there should be no matter if the truck is older or new. Other than that, do not get me wrong, it's excellent to me.

I bought the best coverage for my 1999 Cadillac Escalade, at least that is what I thought. I had my car for just about a year now and had 4 things wrong with it. Two of those thing I fixed myself, which was a gas leak and a spring job which both was not easy. Okay, so here is my problem. I went and got my car looked at and they found a front wheel bearing bad. Ok, no problem right? But the best coverage doesn't cover it. Wow, $152.10 a month and it doesn't cover it? Again, wow. Okay, it cost me a little over $590. Well after bitching a little, I got a month of a payment of...Now here's another big one, now under their Cadillac coverage it says all about the electrical about how things go in these cars. Now my dash goes and it's not covered. Another big item on this car, but no coverage and I have never been late with my payments or have I took it in for any small things.

This might not mean too much to some people, but when you pay, I feel like I am being robbed. A brand new car coverage cost just over $3000 and I'm paying just over that. So to all who are thinking about buying this, you can change your starter cheaper than the cost of this coverage.

I bought a pre-owned 2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV under warranty and had problems within 12 hours of driving it off the lot. There is some sort of electrical problem. I replaced the battery 2 or 3 times after only having the vehicle less than 1 year. Multiple jump starts and multiple times, I were stranded on the side of the road. I had a claim initiated. I traded it in after being stranded on the side of the road for the 10th time and missing my daughter's soccer game. I had it towed to the dealer and was waiting on a response for the claim. I traded it in November 2011 and have been waiting on someone from Cadillac to contact me. I keep getting the run around and being blown off. I called multiple times to inquire, but keep getting blown off. I would like an answer to my claim.

My 2009 Escalade brought right out of showroom is a lemon. My vehicle has been in more than several times for ongoing unfixable problems. I dealt with corporate and they refuse to help me. Last time I got stuck engine problem the GM service came out and witnessed major problem said to have the Escalade towed in to dealer. On Monday when I called the dealer, they refused to see the vehicle on star even says the vehicle has problems and no one will look at it and the car is still fully under warranty.

Cadillac Escalade Company Profile