2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.93/5

The Cadillac Escalade is a full-size luxury SUV. Read more Cadillac reviews to learn about other models.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Cadillac Escalade Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac Escalade?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac Escalade?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I have owned many Cadillac Escalades and loved them. My 2016 has been a problem I bought new. The brakes went out when driving 3 1/2 months after purchasing 2900 miles. Then was good for a while. When I would get serviced they would fix recalls. Have had problems with cameras some computer stuff Door locking etc and those darn running boards on passenger side still don’t work. They hit you in the ankles when you least expect it. So I took my car in for CAl on screen so cameras not working and the service rep said, "You should get your transmission serviced." It has 41700 miles. Said due at 45000. That way I won’t have to come back right away. I said ok. $1100 later. Picked the car up on Wed 9/30/20 went home.

Next day that CAl on screen again and doors wouldn’t unlock Same on Friday the Saturday 10/3/20 I parked in front on my business. I got out of my car with my employee we had stuff to unload. I pushed the clicker to open didn’t work closed all doors tried again we were pulling on pack door and nothing. Walk to my drivers side. Opened door. Heard noise. Car started rolling. Toss me on ground. Drag me. Now broken ankle and leg. Waiting to here back from G.M.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I bought a 2015 Escalade about 4 years ago, I have experienced most of the issues everyone else has, transmission vibration, leaking air conditioning condenser, and cue scream issues... however now I also have paint issues. Having bought GM for many years the last that’s the last issue I thought I’d have. My Escalade has 48k miles and has always been taken care of, now I noticed my hood and roof are faded. We contacted the dealer, but they said that issue is not covered. I haven’t gotten en estimate yet, but from the other reviews I have read it seems to be $2000-$2500 repair. Thanks, GM definitely not the quality you would expect when paying $80k +.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Cadillac Escalade Rolls Back when Start/Stop Button Pushed. I parked my Escalade on a slight incline and pushed the power button off while the vehicle was in Drive Gear. I have reached out to Cadillac and Dealer and their response was that you have to put the car in Park before switching off. I have discussed with many vehicle owners and they make the same mistake but their vehicle does not roll back. I have a 2019 Jeep Wrangler and it does not roll back and is half the price of an Escalade. I hope that the new Escalade does not roll back as it is very dangerous and could lead to fatality.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Very satisfied with all the comfort and the bells and whistles. Great for taking long trips especially to Colorado. Even has 4 wheel drive for all of the mountain driving on snow and ice. Also has driver assist for holding you in your lane and for parallel parking.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Purchased a new 2016 escalade. Around 16k it would shake while accelerating to merge on freeway. Dealership said no codes show up so can't fix. I took to my buddy who is a tech at Ford dealership. He found the problem when he took it for test drive hooked up to computer. 4 out of 8 ignition coil bad. I took results back to Cadillac and service manager pissed off that I took it to Ford. He still refused to fix it and also refused to take it for test drive and have it hooked up to computer. I used lemon law. And they had to take it back and refund everything. Never again.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Brakes are not working on 2015 Cadillac Escalade. Attempted calling the local dealer and was told that we could set up a service appointment even after I explained that the vehicle was unsafe to operate. After I informed him that i was not going to drive the vehicle. I was told to call Cadillac Road Side Service since vehicle is unsafe to drive. I then proceeded to call GM Road Side and explained situation. Was told I had to transferred to customer service and was disconnected. I called back and the 2nd time the gentleman's phone I was speaking with cut out on me. I called back a 3rd time to finally get someone to help me with this issue. Simply poor service for a majorly dangerous situation.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

My Escalade passenger side by the dash started on fire from wiring. I reach out to them to take care of the issue. They blamed it on a bigger fuse in the fuse box. Mind you, there is no bigger fuse. Then they said it was wiring to the radio. Mind you the factory radio is still in the truck and was never replaced. I still have the Vehicle and there is no sign of any of that they're saying and they're just like to hell with you and your truck and hung the phone up. These people don’t mind us Representing their product but when something happens then best believe you’re on your own. And note I only gave them a one star because you have to put something in that field.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Cadillac Escalade is one of extraordinary luxury. I bought used one - and extremely happy with purchase. Previously owned - Mercedes Gl Class, BMW X5, Audi Q7, AND Toyota Highlander. PROS- This one Cadillac Escalade is powerful engine - and speed up fast on highway. Look is awesome - that attracts in one look. Dashboard is very attractive and easy to use - with many extra features on it. Extra room and spacious from inside for long drive - feel like mini bedroom room. Larger space between 1st row to second row and second row to third row. A five star deserving luxury for looks and for speed on highway - and comfort level.

CONS: Gives you less mileage on road which normally many large size SUVs. For good mileage, drive Toyota Prius or Corolla. We bought for enjoying real luxury after $100000 deal- really mileage is not an issue at all. REST PERFECT FOR KIDS AND FAMILY AND SENIOR CITIZENS - WITH SPACIOUS ROOM INSIDE. Everyone enjoy it truly the journey on road and worth for cost!!! 100% honest REVIEW!!!

Original review: March 20, 2019

Bought a 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV and two weeks after purchase the car started falling apart. The DVD broke, the sensor in the chair broke, the appliques were falling off, the air compressor went, the on start broke. Horrible quality control! Thankfully warranty paid for most of it. Then I find my tire was going low on pressure to realize they did a ** weld job on the OUTSIDE of the rim and somehow after inspection AND getting new tires put on this was somehow missed. It could of blew and killed my family. Kelly Cadillac then argued with me about it and when I went in for them to replace the rim, they admitted they damaged the under carriage of my car that held the spare tire.

To top things off, I was signing for the loaner vehicle and this lady comes screaming at me from across the store about my son. They always asked me kids to wait in the play room and there is this super nice guy who sits there and eats the fake food my son "cooks". This female employee screamed at my 4 year old autistic son, TRIED TO PUT HER HANDS ON HIM and then got in my face and publicly humiliated me saying my child was out of control.

My son always sat in the playroom quietly and was content with toys while I was close by paying the bill or signing something. We always cleaned up any mess he made. Someone had a bug up their ** and decided to chase him out of the play room and when he ran and screamed she tried to physically grab him. UNACCEPTABLE. YOU DON'T TOUCH OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS. He literally ran from her and was afraid. When I asked for an apology Kelly herself told me my business wasn’t welcome there anymore. She said because of my son being loud while she was on the phone and running around. Well maybe your employee shouldn’t have tried to grab him!

They literally immediately brought my car back and picked up the loaner and even the employee who came for the loaner saw I was upset and embarrassed and crying said the actions of that woman were disgusting. they still have not fixed the damage to my car or in any attempt to correct what they have done. I called corporate and they were the ones who actually were apologizing. I will never again ever, purchase another vehicle from Kelly Cadillac. When I left a review on their Facebook she deleted it and then proceeded to block me. Well I guess you can’t delete Google reviews or Consumer Affairs. They are lucky I don’t sue.

Original review: March 15, 2019

23,000 miles on a 2019 Escalade. Corners were cut everywhere. Remember this thing has a higher profit margin than a Saturn. Remember the great quality of Saturns? Me neither. Problems: The AC rattles, the dash rattles, the truck makes noises my 2008 Cayenne S doesn't make with 6 times the miles on it. It is obvious these Escalades are of very low quality and continue the widespread perception that GM is run by the effects of insane UAW contracts and not by the engineers. This car sings to you when you open the door... "Oh I wanted to be nicer but my parents had to pay out ridiculous pensions and free healthcare for people who haven't lifted a finger at GM in 25 years... So I'm half the car you were told you were getting. I'm sorry" - think I am kidding? We have 1 retired, 2 active GM workers on the other side of the family.

I know my stuff. They are all proud of their 25-year career requirement and one gets a huge pension, lifetime retirement perks and free insurance until they die and then their wives get it blah blah blah...etc etc. All of them live at the parts store because their GMs live there too. If they visited a Porsche factory their eyes would melt because they would have to tuck in their beer guts, put on a uniform, and focus. Every single one of them has admitted that they have places to sleep at the factories they work at, AND on a regular basis.

Dash cracked below CUE screen can't be fixed. Seat heaters come on all by themselves in all areas of car. Can't be fixed. I also own a Porsche Cayenne S and never had people try to hit me like they do in the Escalade. In the midwest people think you are Bill Gates because at least once a day they break check, step out into traffic from the sidewalk, or otherwise try to "earn" a collision with this car. It's way more stressful to drive because of that mantra that caddie has. Don't know why it is so much worse than much more expensive cars.

There are NO BUTTONS on dash! Just "touch sensitive" icons. TERRIBLE TAKES. FOREVER TO CHANGE THE HEAT SETTING. SO BAD. The person who thought of this should be fired, rehired, and then fired again just for effect. Literally takes 25 seconds and 50 presses to turn the heat from cool to hot. Half the presses don't even register. Whoever designed this dash, must hate dials because there are no dials in the car except for the lights.

The shifter on the column is terrible, loose, flimsy, and looks like it is out of a suburban or something of much lesser trim. Incredibly difficult to get the right gear in a hurry! A vehicle of this tier should never have a column shifter. It's terrible. I HOPE YOU LOVE FINGERPRINTS EVERYWHERE. They put plastic over the main nav screen and it attracts fingerprints like no other! Why? Why GM? Rear view mirror camera system already broken, cannot turn it off anymore, so I am stuck with the terrible camera at night, can't see anything.

If you have kids you want to see in the rear view mirror, this is NOT the car for you. The mirror is basically black when the camera is turned off. Very hard to see. I am 6'5" and my head hits the ceiling even with the seat all the way lowered. The CUE screen is LITERALLY FACING THE CEILING. It is oriented about 20 degrees higher than your head or your passenger's head. WHY GM? WHY? Who signed off on that stupidity? Is there a mouse up in the sunroof that needs to see the CUE screen more than the passengers?

Sunroof smaller than a 99 Saturn. The second-row seats do not slide back because they are AGAINST THE WHEEL. Well Good luck putting a big car seat in them. LOL. My baby seat faces backward and my wife can't even put her passenger front seat back hardly at all. THERE IS NO CARGO ROOM WITH THE THIRD ROW MINI-SEATS UP. NONE. NONE. Briefcase if you're lucky. Enjoy a 7-day hotel stay with a briefcase. Hope you like being flashed on the road by every car because the low beams violate state law (120ft on the ground max) and project way too high. This vehicle plain sucks. It is like someone designed an ESV version and then tried to cram it all into the non-ESV. It just doesn't work.

Oh and the center console will eat a credit card like a stray dog will eat steak. Don't put your cards down. They will disappear behind the sliding covers into the dashboard. Lost 2. Really made for a wonderful vacation. In fact, this vehicle single-handedly brought our entire trip to a crawl and really lessened the entire experience. TINY GAS TANK for the mileage it gets. It looks big on the outside, but the door and interior body panels are like 6" thick because of poor engineering so the inside of the vehicle feels like a mid-size SUV. Leather is way too sticky. Alcantara accents in the wrong place.

Seat heaters are colder on 3 than the Porsche is on 1. Vented seat blower makes so much noise. I never use it because it is annoying. Shifter does not have a stop in place at drive, so you're shifting into 1 every time you want to take off. Other cars do this from park so you don't go past drive. Plainly, this is a Tahoe dressed up with some upholstery, but lacks any additional quality or forethought. There is nothing truly higher quality about this than a Tahoe or Yukon. Nothing. The Caddie soul is just gone. It has no soul. It shares so many parts with those cars, that the Caddie badge has no soul and basically means nothing except that you enjoy paying 35k more for literally a badge and some Alcantara.

This was my first delve into GM in 15 years and clearly nothing has changed. They are up to the same tricks they were before, have low quality, MASSIVE margins, and make sure you get the customer in the car then abandon them. This car is half baked, some controls are STRAIGHT FROM A YUKON CIRCA 1999 like the lighting control dial with the fins on it... Thought you slipped that one by me? Lol. Then there are some niceties like the high beams. But they are very far and few in-between. It was clearly rushed in the design phase and someone from pension accounting went through and said "Nope, we can use a Tahoe part for this, this, oh and that, too." We all know what GM is doing, it's just a shame they are repeating history by letting the UAW gut them AGAIN and this time there may not be a bailout.

Cadillac Escalade Company Information