Cadillac Escalade
Based on 38 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Cadillac Escalade

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 9, 2017

39 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

2011 Platinum Cadillac Hybrid Escalade - For the price of this vehicle, it is astonishing how fast things start to break down. That is testament to the mediocre parts used. My engine misfires and truck would not go past 60 miles per hour. Passenger mirror failed already and the check hybrid system light came on. Cruise control failed. Heater doesn't work unless vehicle is moving so good luck in cold weather in stop and go traffic. Hybrid is painfully sluggish. You have to constantly be on the left lane for fear of being run over on the fast lanes.

This has to be the greatest car cons going in America. The price and bling doesn't match the quality. Cheap parts guaranteed to fail as you approach 90k miles. It's no surprise that GM gives this truck a mediocre 5 year warranty or 50k miles, because they don't vouch for the integrity of this vehicle. So disappointed and have to sell it and get the equivalent in Lexus or Range Rover. GM Escalades have to be exposed for the con they are and we got to do this on other social media platforms.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

My 2016 Cadillac Escalade has all 4 wheels delaminating. I took to local dealer in Clearwater and service manager stated it is because of the way the car has been washed??? Probable caustic chemicals. The car has been washed by hand three times only with mild soap. I have had off road Hummers that had no problems with the chrome flaking off? So, said this is not a warranty item but they would be happy to repaint the wheels for 2 Grand? Bumper to bumper warranty??

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I bought a new 2017 Cadillac Escalade and for 3 months, perfect vehicle. Took it in for routine oil change and went back to pick it up a few hours later and on the drive home all of a sudden the air stopped working. South Carolina heat 90s. I have a grandmother who's 96 and a son with allergies 5! Took car back to dealership few hours later couldn't find problem so they kept it a week, claim there is some new freon Cadillac is using. Well got it back. Air wasn't blowing as cool. Few weeks later issue arise again! Told this time maybe didn't get enough freon in it. Then a week later when I called them BC I didn't have an update on my car, told they ordered a new system for freon for the new Escalade. 2 weeks later they tell me it's ready. Pick it up again and I be damn if 3 weeks later she's back at the dealership, same issue and now finally they admit they have no idea what's going on.

But me in an Escalade ESV, bigger, heavier, uses more gas! Going on week two, third time in shop last 2 months for a total of 5 weeks, contact Cadillac customer service which is a joke, contacted BBB, even funnier. How do we have a lemon law that does cover lemons. If Cadillac was humble they would replace it and apologize or even remove me from this problem all together. How can I ever trust this car? Should have gone BMW X5 and sacrificed the size. I hate my current situation, please please please do not buy this. Go cheaper with Denali or Suburban at least save 10-20 grand up front. Or better yet don't buy GM products at all. First and last!

Original review: June 9, 2017

Purchased 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV in April of 2015. Been in the shop over 20 times for same reasons, also many new problems. From the air conditioning compressor exploding to the radiator busting.

Original review: May 8, 2017

2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV A/C Compressor - I have been waiting for a few weeks now to get a response from the Cadillac Dealership as to when GM will be getting these A/C Compressors. They just keep saying that they are on back order and have people ahead of me still waiting for theirs. I have 4 highly asthmatic and allergic children, so driving around in hot weather with my windows closed is not an option.

I'm so disappointed with Cadillac, a supposedly high end car brand, that clearly has a defective product issue but is unable to provide the parts to fix it or to support their loyal customers in any way. This is the 2nd new Cadillac we have purchased to date but it will definitely be my last. Between the brakes going bad every 7,000 miles and constant electrical issues, this has been the worst new car that I have owned to date. It's these type of ongoing issues and poor customer service, that brings down everyone's perception of American Made cars and their quality.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cadillac?

Original review: March 30, 2017

2017 Escalade ESV 457 miles on the vehicle and the driver side window has one crack horizontally from end to end. I called the dealership and explained the problem to service secretary/operator. She asked me if I parked the car in the sun. I live in South Florida and said yes I do that quite often. She said that happens sometimes and it is not covered by any warranty. This should be disclosed at the time of purchase.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

2015 Certified Pre Owned Escalade Lemon. When I received the vehicle I noticed the engine was misfiring, I attributed it to bad fuel, so I filled it up with premium. After almost a tank of premium fuel, the misfire continued. I took the vehicle to a dealership. They found collapsed lifters on the right bank. They replaced them, but it took almost three weeks. Got the truck back and everything seemed fine for a while. Still has an intermittent misfire, which cannot be duplicated. I believe it vibrates because of the engine misfire. Does not set a code, so Cadillac will not do anything about it.

I have been a loyal GM customer for the past 44 years. Presently I own a 2006 Cadillac XLR-V (100,000.00 dollars), 2014 Cadillac CTS-V (72,000.00 dollars), and now 70,000.00 dollar 2015 Escalade. GM refused to do anything. After doing some further research the vehicle had the same work done, just before I purchased it. Filed complaint with the BBB, GM Factory, and the Radley Cadillac in Fredericksburg Virginia. As soon as I can trade this junk, I will never purchase another GM product. I have over a quarter million dollars in GM products and the factory did nothing to try to keep my business.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

In 2014 both my son and I purchased certified pre-owned 2011 Escalades. Months later we each found that the tires were losing air. The local dealership would explain it as a minor item; that the bead needed to be resealed which they did on my son's car a few times and mine too. After purchasing new tires elsewhere the bead problem has occurred on my vehicle 2 to 3 times (my son confirms it still occasionally happens to his vehicle also) which that tire dealership has taken care of. However they reported to me that the Escalades are known for weak rims. Checking the internet I see they are correct! I have about 25 days left on my warranty and will call them today for new rims and report back.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

Purchased new 2016 Cadillac Escalade a few months ago. It has been in the shop 5 times, and as of now, a total of 21 days, due to an UNKNOWN VIBRATION with 6,200 miles. Six hundred miles have been put on driving to dealership for service!!! We have purchased at least 22 new GM products. This is likely our last due to the run around from GM. So disappointed and totally inconvenienced! The cheaper rental cars for a loaner are not acceptable due to my height!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

We purchased a 2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV in 2015 with factory warranty and certified warranty and now that I have 54,000 miles I noticed that my dashboard has two cracks on the driver side, I called GMC Cadillac (11-28-16) and they informed me that it's not covered since it's no longer under factory warranty. However, speaking with two separate dealership they said this has been happening a lot especially on black escalades and because the plastic is very thin and also moves and bends with the car and the heat over a couple of years starts to crack the dash.

I want to know if other people are having this issue and would like to start a campaign in social media so that other new and future owners are aware of the quality workmanship that is taking place in the expensive Cadillac Escalade and hopefully GMC would stand by their product even if its only 4,000 miles after the factory warranty ran out. This is a default that they are clearly aware of. Please call me at ** if you have experience this problem. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

We bought a 2012 Cadillac Escalade last summer. Since then we have had tires that lose air easily. We replaced them 6 months ago but are still losing air. We took the car back to the tire shop and they explained that it is an issue with the rims. I can see from the numerous complaints that this is a manufacturing issue but Cadillac refuses to take care of the problem since we are over 50,000.00 miles. They should pay to fix the problem since the problem existed at manufacturing.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

3 time Owner of Escalade -- Disappointed with the 2015 quality. This has to be the worst Escalade Cadillac has come out with. While there was a significant price increase the quality seems to have suffered even more. First week of ownership the car was in the shop for the Auto Cruise control not working, first month new transmission had to be put in then onto all the interior things - leather peeling, console leather wrinkled up, chrome fell off the door, exterior parts between the windows all had to be replaced. Engine still glitches now the power locks went out. Really??? On 100K vehicle this is a complete Fail!!!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

Like everyone else, 2016 Escalade ESV Premium. Started having issues from the minute I drove it off the lot, Trans bucking, Vibration, a very rough ride and driver seat clicking noise. Took it 3 time back to the dealer total of almost 1 month and still having the same issues. I hate my truck so much it's making me sick!! Can anyone advise me on what to do, can I return it back to the dealer? The truck has 12k now. Shame on you Cadillac, Escalade was the only thing you have going for you and you go and screw it up!! Shame on you!! I would never nor recommend to anyone buying or even thinking about buying this truck!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

This is my second GM. Large suv, great vehicles. Then I bought a benz. Go diesel. Loved them, but my family thought it was too small for us. My wife picked the cadillac for our beach and other trips with the second row bench for trip naps. The size is perfect, but the cadillac is the biggest disappointment. The transmission is awful. In the shop 4 times. No improvement. The dash cue display is hard to see from the driver seat. Loaded it rides great but empty it is not great. Never again will I consider a product from cadillac. Great dealer response but no results to fix the problem area. I am told there recalls. I am still waiting for a proper satisfying solution. Cadillac you have lost me and many of my 104 friends that ask me about the vehicle. I am not a whiner. As a rule I am a car guy.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

My wife and I bought a 2012 Escalade with 31,000 miles in June. The vehicle looked and drove great after driving it off the lot. 3 weeks later my wife called me and explained that the radio is cutting out and the truck seems to be losing power. I told her to go to Autozone to get the alternator and battery check. I'm thinking 4 year old car with 31,00 miles it may have been sitting for a while so the battery may have gone bad.

After the test we learned that the alternator was going bad. We replaced the alternator that day. My wife and I went to Walmart today, and are now experiencing the same issues. The voltage of the charge of the charging system seems to be correct after research. I'm wondering if anyone has experience anything similar, or does anyone know what maybe wrong. Any help would be awesome!

Original review: April 17, 2016

This is my 5th Escalade and probably my last. After 5,000 miles, the transmission began to buck when you hit the pedal. It also lunged forward about 10 inches after shutting off. My dealer had it for a whopping 2 weeks. Horrible. Great dealership, bad truck! I'm out 80 grand and my wife refuses to drive it. My 2016 loaner has the same transmission delay. Ugh.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

Bought a 2015 Escalade after owning 2 others, 2005 & 2009. I noted that the 8 speed automatic transmission was different than what I had before, so I asked for someone to check it out. They did and told me there was an upgrade on the transmission that they performed. No difference, so I called back and spoke with the service manager and told him the issues I was having. The car would act as if it had not gone into gear. I would be in drive, but the car wouldn't move, therefore I would push more on the gas, and then it would surge and give whiplash to any passengers including myself. If you are the passenger, you simply think the driver is a bad driver. I finally got them to recreate this in service and they ordered a new transmission for the vehicle and put it in (only 9000 miles).

It seemed better for a while, now it is doing the same thing again. It jerks when putting into gear, sometimes the engine simply revs and doesn't move. Occasionally when turning the corner, it revs and doesn't move. How in the world can a $95000 car be this bad. Also the side mirrors are so high, I have to raise up high in the seat at a turn, to see over them, bad blind spot. The indicator that someone is in your lane on the mirrors is in the same color as the turn signal indicator in the mirror and at a peripheral glance, you are not sure which you are seeing. The 'auto' feature on the heater fan is always on, on the old models it would only be on high if the engine was heated enough to throw warm air. When you turn off the heat in the rear, it will come on by itself when no one is back there. Anyone have ideas as to how to get some satisfaction?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2016

Having owned an 07 ESV with nary a problem and 145K I did a ton of research on the 2015 and 16s. Waited until the 16 came out, thought we had a true winner until I got to driving it. Very rough ride with the 22-inch wheels. That vibration has created a rattling, vibration in the center CUE that the dealer can't find!! The sunroof has a sporadic slapping sound like wiring hitting the roof. Generally the plastic fitments are a joke. They just vibrate all the time.

This past Friday with a mere 1430 miles something went clunk in the transmission that now has me worried sick. Dealership says that they have never heard of these problems before. Yet I read about all of them online. I have filed a complaint with Cadillac and am beginning the lemon law process. I know how this is going to end and not well for me. Tell you what I will do; having owned 5 Lexus LS over the years with NEVER a problem, customer service that truly cares, I will find a Lexus LX570 and won't look back.

Updated on 02/10/2016: Here it is Wed Feb. 10, 2016. I have had my 16 ESV in now 8 times in 8 weeks. She has 1685 miles now and I hate it. There is a new vibration in the dash in behind the tachometer. Vibrating. Having a great ole time! I know this is a lemon. Have filed two complaints with Detroit and got my first ever phone call today from Ms. Ebonics. Could barely understand her. Says their goal is to repair and if you have an attorney already then she can't help. Folks spread the word - don't buy anything Detroit, GM, nothing. HQ won't help. They truly don't care. I have a $90K paperweight sitting at the dealership and don't ever want to see it again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2016

I own a 2015.5 Cadillac Escalade which I purchased from David Taylor Cadillac in Houston, TX just a few months back. It’s important to know we’ve been loyal Cadillac customers since 1980 when I purchased my first 1980 Cadillac Sedan DeVille and have owned Cadillac since 1980. We continue to enjoy our 2011 Cadillac Escalade which my wife drives. So we are the proud owners of two Cadillac Escalades. Never one complaint until recently when realizing we have ZERO VISIBILITY TURNING LEFT OR RIGHT beyond sunset, NO LIGHTING whatsoever for a full 90 degrees on both the left and right side when making a turn in either direction, VERY VERY SCARY SITUATION TO SAY THE LEAST. It’s difficult at best to even comprehend such a blatant design flaw, however it’s so serious that we can’t comfortably drive our new car beyond sunset.

This is a life threatening General Motors Corporation, Cadillac Division manufacturers design flaw and I know it’s hard to even imagine that this newly designed Cadillac Escalade could have ever gone to production with a most important detail as to having lights when turning left or right being discovered. I have taken my vehicle to David Taylor Cadillac on several occasions to see what aftermarket lighting solution they might have, however the consensus by everyone from my service writer to our service Manager to the General Manager is that nothing can be done on their end that wouldn’t be obnoxious and unsightly and that clearly this is a gross Cadillac Escalade design flaw. Please call me at ** at your earliest convenience. Please recognize the seriousness of this most serious safety issue. Can you even fathom driving a vehicle at night, any vehicle, without lights? That’s what I thought, NOBODY CAN.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

I was a very loyal Cadillac customer until I leased a new 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV. For the last eight years I had owned a 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV. One of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Very little issues and great experience. In December of 2014 I leased a new 2015 Escalade ESV. This truck has been in and out of the shop at least six times. It is currently in the shop and has been for eight days as they replace the torch converter and the Cue System. Also have transmission issues. I am ready to turn the truck back in and move away from the GM brand.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2015

Well.. where to start... The beginning is best so here goes. Traded a 06 Escalade for an 08 Escalade plus a few dollars on top because it's a beautiful vehicle as was the 06, but the color and options were everything I wanted in the first place. So I'm driving it around for a couple weeks and the engine light comes on. I take it to a garage I trusted. 4 days later engine light again so around the 3rd time I take it to the actual Cadillac dealership... they fix it not once, but twice and now it's broken again and each time they assure me it's something different.

Original review: July 23, 2015

I purchased my 2002 Cadillac Escalade in 2005 from a used dealership. It was beautiful to me and ran so smooth I felt like a queen. We have driven back and forth from California to Colorado a few times and had no problem. About 2 years later the CD player started missing and finally never turned on again. The passenger seat no longer heats up. The side view mirrors won't tilt up anymore nor left or right. The back hood door no longer stays up. The breaks make an annoying squeak & get hard. I have to pull over, unscrew some screw in the tire and all this oil looking stuff comes out and I have to tighten it again. Every day now I have to do that. It always says I need to put oil in it or change it. The abs is messed up and brake light stays on and airbag light too.

And there was a time my brakes would give out, out of the blue. I almost killed myself one day when it caused me to run a stop sign on a heavy traffic road with lots of diesel trucks. My air conditioner causes my car to look and sound like it's gonna die. It's so embarrassing. I love my car but I will NEVER EVER purchase another Cadillac Escalade again.

Original review: July 7, 2015

Sunroof leak will cause your floorboard to get wet. Open your sunroof and pour a cup of water down each drain hole towards the front of the vehicle. The water should dump outside like your air conditioning. Mine is in the shop right now because it got into the electronics and it's a big mess!

Original review: July 7, 2015

We bought our 2008 Escalade new from the dealer. It has 130k miles on it. The retractable running boards no longer work, multiple door handles have had to be replaced, some twice. Seat cooling module melted down. Had to be replaced twice. Console between front seats had to be replaced. We have dealt with multiple tire leaks at corroded rims and rim cracks. Cruise control doesn't work. Back up sensor is disabled. Rims are corroded so badly the Cadillac emblem fell off 2 of them. This $80k vehicle is a great disappointment to say the least. Would never buy a Cadillac again.

Original review: July 3, 2015

I was driving and my car door locks. They would lock, unlock, then the motor would rev up and when I got to where I was going, shut it off and did not start. Then we unhooked the hot side of battery and it cooled off and started. It does this a lot. I used to love my car but now I would never say good about Cadillac Escalade. They should not cost as much as they do because they don't stand by their cars because they are made to money you to death.

Original review: May 18, 2015

Trying to figure out why every time it rains or I wash my 2007 Cadillac Escalade Esv the driver side floor board be wet. Can you tell me what causing this and how to fix it.

Original review: March 4, 2015

I own a 2004 EXT and the trans. had to be replaced within 60K miles (10K miles over). After that the blower fan, back up sensor and the front diff. went out. Other than that this is a great truck. It may be wise to add an extended warranty as these items are not covered under warranty because of months or mileages, the one that come first. After replacing all the above at 113,385 miles no other problems as of now.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

Numerous times in shop for various issues. Latest one is tires losing air, because of the fake chrome paint they apply poorly on their rims, as well as the metal from the rims cracking inside the bolt holes. Extremely poorly designed and built and you'll get 0 help from GM or Cadillac. Biggest piece of CRAP I have ever owned in my life!! I will NEVER buy any GM Product again. NEVER!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2014

Purchased an 09 Escalade ESV with 59k miles. Use it as a car service for high-end clients. Just hit 120k miles, engine has ceased due to catastrophic camshaft failure damaging engine beyond repair. Same damage to another colleague in same industry.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2014

How about a positive for Cadillac? I purchased a 2006 Escalade in November of 2007 with 27,000 miles. I now have 18,3000 miles on this vehicle and still get 18MPG on a trip, put new tires on at 98,000, oil sending unit this week, original brakes.

Cadillac Escalade Company Information