2. Automotive
  3. Auto Transporters

4.9/5 (72 ratings)

About Budget Transporter

Budget Transport is dedicated to honesty and openness when helping you ship your car. These pillars of customer service mean Budget Transport works hard to secure the best, affordable rate within the dates you require. Their team of experts ensures the experience is stress-free with no hidden costs. Call for a free quote today!

Pros

• Door-to-door shipping
  • Ships multiple vehicle types
  • Affordable pricing

Cons

• No international shipping

Bottom Line

Budget Transporter offers affordable door-to-door transport. They don't handle international shipping, but they’re a good choice for those who don’t want to pay for unnecessary bells and whistles.

About Budget Transporter

Budget Transporter is an auto transport broker that focuses on finding quality car shipping at an affordable price. Because the company is a broker, it uses a network of carrier contacts and can find carriers that meet your hauling requirements. Budget Transporter is licensed, bonded and insured. The business transports a variety of vehicles, not just cars. You can ship motorcycles, boats, RVs and trucks with Budget Transporter. Budget Transporter is open seven days a week.

Budget Transporter features

When you ship with Budget Transporter, you’re assigned a personal point of contact who works with you throughout the shipping process. Budget Transporter can ship your vehicle across the state or country, and the company’s auto tracking options let customers know where their vehicle is at all times

Many people looking for a trusted auto transporter are in the middle of a move. Budget Transporter assists with this as well and helps you find the best mover for the rest of your belongings.

Budget Transporter pricing

The cost to ship a car with Budget Transporter ranges between $500 and $1,200. The total transport price varies based on pickup and dropoff locations, time of year, type of shipping and other factors. You don’t have to pay anything until you’re matched with a carrier.

Budget Transporter charges more for expedited shipping or using an enclosed transport vehicle. The best way to avoid expedited shipping fees is to plan ahead and be flexible with your shipping dates. Enclosed shipping adds additional protection and is great for valuable vehicles and those with sentimental value, but the extra cost may not be worth it for everyone.

Budget Transporter FAQ

How does Budget Transporter protect my car during transport?
The risk of damage is unavoidable, no matter how unlikely. However, Budget Transporter offers full insurance on shipped vehicles. When your vehicle arrives, inspect your car and check for any damage, which you should note on your bill of lading.
Do I need to be present when Budget Transporter drops off my car?
No. You let Budget Transporter know in advance who will be present to pick up your car. This could be a friend or family member — it doesn’t have to be you. It just needs to be someone you trust to thoroughly inspect your vehicle for damage.
How long does it take Budget Transporter to ship a car?
On average, a coast-to-coast shipment with Budget Transporter takes between a week and 10 days. A trip from the coast to the middle of the country takes anywhere from three days to a week.
Is Budget Transporter fully licensed?
Yes. Budget Transporter is fully licensed with the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT).

Do we recommend Budget Transporter?

We recommend Budget Transporter for those looking for an affordable move, whether it’s across the country or across a few states. We like that the company hauls a variety of vehicles, including boats, motorcycles and RVs. Its door-to-door shipping option is convenient, and customers appreciate that the business is open seven days a week, assigns each person a single representative and has live vehicle tracking.

Budget Transporter Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Transporter?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Budget Transporter?

Original review: June 14, 2021

I called Budget after a different transport company gave me the runaround for over a week. Jaime had my car on a truck that night and delivered to me, 1500-miles away, within 2-days. Budget was responsive and I got a real person on the phone every time I called. Beware, of the OTHER COMPANIES. They under-quote their prices to get your business! These other companies are very responsive during the honeymoon. Then, when they can't find a driver to take the contract at their misquoted price, they disappear. The other company, rhymes with Load Dunner, dodged my calls, didn't reply to messages or texts, hung up after leaving me on eternal hold more than once. Both times that I used their online chat, they gave me vague answers, made excuses and refused to have someone call me.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I can't speak highly enough of the service I received at Budget Transporter. Working with Danielle was as good an experience as I could have hoped for. From starting the process to the delivery of the car, everything went 100% smoothly. When I called Danielle, I was very frustrated and worried as I had signed up with another company. Because that company had offered to pay the difference between what they estimated my cost would be and what a driver would accept, my car just sat for almost a week with no offers from drivers. The company knew I was very stressed about a timely delivery and yet they told me it was because no drivers were going my route yet. This wasn't true!

I called other companies and they said my car had no offers to be driven to Colorado, because I wasn't offering enough money. Both companies told me drivers were driving my route. Because Danielle was so honest and informed me about the whole procedure, I was ready to pay almost $300 more to have a timely delivery. The other company had not been honest even when they knew my car was just waiting in my driveway and they knew how stressed I was. They should have paid what they said they would or just broken their agreement and told me that I had to. I highly commend Danielle for her honesty and her customer service. She helped me every step of the way and my granddaughter's car was delivered on the day I had hoped for - in perfect condition and with seamless, honest and considerate service.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I reached out to Danielle and she responded within the hour and found me a driver within one hour for the best price out of any other service. He picked my car up in the next hour and delivered my car in perfect condition from SoCal to South Florida within four days. She was available for check ins throughout the week as well. What’s also nice is you’re working with a small family business. I couldn’t ask for better service, highly recommend.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I chose Budget Transportation because of their low cost and they had high ratings. I found out why they had such high rating when I used them. I dealt with Danielle and she was very professional. She kept in close contact with me during the process form the initial call until the car was delivered. I called on a Friday and the car was picked up on Monday. The driver was also very professional and called me the night before to let me know when he would be there. He also called that morning to give us an update on his arrival time and also called when he arrived. We were completely pleased with their service.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I cannot say enough about Danielle’s service and responsiveness in my transport order #** Of my 66 Charger going from IL to MN. This was my first time transporting a car, and her expertise and patience made the process quite understandable and stress free (especially since we are also both selling and closing on a new home). Don’t hesitate to work with Budget, especially Danielle.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I contacted Budget Transporter to inquire about transporting a new vehicle. I ended up using a different transporting company. I was then charge $200.00 on my credit card without my permission. I did NOT use their services. They're dishonest - thankfully I saw their fraudulent charge on my credit card statement. I would stay clear of Budget Transporter!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

We worked with Danielle at Budget to schedule the transport of our family van across states. She explained the entire process and cared about our experience. Jerome was our driver and hand-delivered the van to my father ahead of schedule. Best overall experience.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

We shipped our vehicle from new Hampshire to Arizona. The vehicle arrived in six days, without incident or damage. The process was smooth and hassle free. Everyone was easy to work with. Both driver I dealt with were very friendly and professional. Well Done!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

This being our first time to ship a car halfway across the country, we were put at ease by our broker Danielle, who explained the process thoroughly, set us up with reliable drivers, and kept an open communication with us the entire time. The transport was very quick, the drivers were personable, polite and professional, delivering our car safely.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

After 2 weeks of false promises to pick up the truck from another company I finally called Budget transport after being recommended by a friend. In 2 days Jamine had a driver to pickup my grandson's truck from California to Georgia, In 3 days the truck was picked up. The driver kept his promises on pick up and delivery and answered all my texts and emails in a timely fashion. My grandson arrived from Germany to his truck. I would highly recommend Budget transportation for peace of mind..

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

After dealing with several shady companies I found 3 things with Jaime at Budget Transport: Honesty, respectfulness and execution. They were a real pleasure to work with wing to wing - in an industry that has many questionable characters, my experience, Budget is one you can count on to get the job done right. Highly recommend.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I stupidly went with another company first and their lack of response (in any way, shape or form) had me very worried. I immediately cancelled and found Budget Transporter. After seeing the praise from customers, the BBB and Consumer Protection, I called. I spoke to Jaime **. He was amazing and went over everything with me. I had a deadline and he made sure it was met. His kindness and professionalism had me deeply assured everything was going to be alright. That kind of confidence and assurance is priceless. I would recommend Jaime and Budget transporters to anyone.

Original review: May 27, 2020

We had a bit of a timing issue at the beginning due to the Memorial Day Weekend but they did everything they could to get the car to us ASAP. It arrived a day before scheduled and was in immaculate condition. Reasonably priced. Overall very satisfied.

Original review: May 15, 2020

As someone new to transporting a vehicle we had many questions and concerns. Budget was more than accommodating and responsive. All calls and emails were answered in a timely, if not immediate, manner. We felt very comfortable in our choice and would definitely use again or recommend budget to friends and or relatives. Our point of contact was Jamie. He was awesome. Thank you.

Original review: May 7, 2020

We shipped a vehicle from a residential location in NC to a residential location in NY. Only one hiccup and it was handled very professionally and to our satisfaction. Pickup was made on time and delivery was as well. Would highly recommend this company, and especially Jaime.

Original review: March 19, 2020

Budget Transport did an amazing job getting my car and the public transportation of my girlfriend. I was burnt by another organization and you people made it happened and! Thank you so much! I'll call you back in a few months! The best auto movers in town.

Original review: March 6, 2020

My car was picked up nearby, at exactly the time the driver said it would be, and traveled across the country. It arrived there on time, and my son was able to easily arrange to pick it up from the driver. And it was in perfect condition! The whole process could not have been smoother and easier.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Thank you, everybody, at Budget Transport. We thought we would be able to do this move on our own but it was just impossible. We put our request online and immediately started to get calls. Most of the companies we spoke to were way out of our budget not even in the ballpark. I am so impressed with the whole move.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I used Budget Transport to ship a vehicle I purchased from out of state. They immediately quoted me a price for shipping the vehicle and that was it, no hidden fees. They gave me an estimated time frame for pick-up and delivery and I received the vehicle in that time frame. Without hesitation I would use Mike if I need a vehicle shipped in the future.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Ms ** and her crew are awesome and customer service oriented. From the beginning till the delivery of my daughter's car it was smooth, and excellent customer service. Even when my daughter missed her scheduled time, Ms ** was able to make sure that another dispatcher went and pick up her car. We received the car in less than 7 days. Their amount is more reasonable than other Companies. You worth more than 5 stars, keep up the good work.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I worked with them to have my vehicle shipped. It was my first time shipping a car and I was nervous about the process. They were great, super prompt with email replies, very understanding, and he was able to answer all of my questions. I really like all their work tactics. Highly recommended.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Let me start by saying that although I’m not a rich person but the am at Budget Transport treated me like royalty. The service was great from start to finish. They answered all my questions promptly and gave me a great rate. I received the service I was promised in a timely manner. I will definitely be using your service again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

The gents at Budget Transport did a great job in transporting my car after I sold it through E-Bay. I communicated with them and they handled everything in a very professional manner. The price he quoted me was exactly what I ended up paying. There was no funny business! I would definitely recommend using Budget Transport anytime you need to ship a car.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

No.1 auto moving services!! They are 100% authentic and reliable. Take my words on it. They are great. They drove my vehicle with safety and security. The hiring of these guys was super easy and was easily available. I love their services and highly recommend them to all. 5 stars for the team and work tactics.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Great experience shipping my new car in an enclosed trailer. Budget Transport were awesome to work with. They were timely with their responses and kept me in the loop on what was happening. Every question I asked was answered professionally and gave me confidence that my vehicle would arrive safely.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Budget Transport were very pleasant to work with. I asked for soonest shipping of my car. An hour later I was notified a truck would pick it up in 25 min. The driver was very professional and photo checked car prior to loading. The delivery was as stated by driver. Overall an excellent experience.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Fantastic experience from start to finish getting my car from coast to coast (in only 4 days!!). It was super easy to work with, and kept me in the loop throughout the entire process. The price I was quoted upfront was the price I paid. Finding a broker to transport my car was difficult, but I'm very happy I went with Budget Transport.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I was very nervous about shipping my car, but manager of Budget Transport stayed with me throughout the entire process. She was very understanding of my needs and worries and worked hard to ensure I would be satisfied. I would definitely consider using Budget Transport again. Best movers in the country.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

My car was successfully delivered to my new apartment by the help of Budget Transport some days ago. It's a pleasure to realize that they provide door to door service with no deposits, most companies ask for upfront fee, so the next time will ship with them, for sure. I would love to recommend you all this company too.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Budget Transport show excellent work on transporting my car. I am happy because the car was delivered at the appointed time. True, it was a little dirty after the transportation, but that's my fault, because I ordered an open trailer. And I am satisfied with the work of the company and the driver of the carrier.

Budget Transporter Company Information