2.84/5
Based on 31 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Bonham TX

32 Bonham Chrysler Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 26, 2018

We had been looking for a dependable car for our son for a while. We thought we had found just what we were looking for and then our friends at Bonham Chrysler found us a real deal! Jimmie ** and Joanna ** were great. Stayed late on a Saturday evening to help get us taken care of. From finding the right vehicle to helping with financing these folks are great. If you need a dependable car, go see them! They will go the extra mile.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have heard so many horror stories about Bonham Chrysler, Bonham Chrysler Service, Four Wheel Auto Group, but I did not listen. Please save yourself the misery. Their service center just got me. Drove my truck into their service center for a rough idle, getting my truck back in a box of I don't pay them near 1000.00 dollars. They are manipulative. Went in for a diagnostic. Their diagnosis was a "we think". No definitive answer as to problem. Told them I don't want any surprises after quote of repair.

Their repair came back with near 5000.00. A replacement motor is 2900.00. Now their diagnosis fee of 130.00 has turned into near 1000.00 to get it back as I brought it in, or 450.00 to get my truck back in a box. Stay away from these conmen. They shouldn't be in business, but everyone seems a sucker for the gimmicks. Just stay away and let them close their doors. Save the next person from this con business, please. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was blocked by John the service writer saying the manager was on vacation.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: May 15, 2018

Mr. ** was very helpful in the purchase of my new truck. He explained the differences between the models and listened to what my needs were. During the negotiating process they were both fair and timely in the process. I had always heard that the great deals were worth the drive to Bonham and it's true.

Original review: April 25, 2018

We had a wonderful experience buying our truck. It’s not usually pleasant sitting and waiting for the paperwork and everything to go through but this instance it was! Kelli ** made sure we were comfortable the entire time. She went out of her way to make sure both of our girls were entertained and comfortable. She has our business!

Original review: April 24, 2018

A big Thank you to David ** at Bonham Chrysler! Thank you David for helping me get into a New Jeep (Cherokee) and answering all my questions. If you are looking for a great salesperson go see David ** at Bonham Chrysler. Thank you to Joanna as well, she got me all set up with David.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bonham Chrysler?

Original review: April 24, 2018

Went in and had Jacob ** as our salesman, had a wonderful experience with him. We didn’t feel the usual “car sales pressure” that we have from other salesman, Jacob made sure that we understood everything and answered all questions we had then some. Best car shopping experience we have had!

Original review: April 24, 2018

Extremely happy I purchased my new Dodge Diesel from Bonham Chrysler. My salesman, Jason ** went out of his way to make for sure I had all the information I needed prior to making my decision. Thank you Jason and all the staff at Bonham Chrysler for helping with my new purchase.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Kim **, my salesman, was professional, accurate and a straightforward in communicating to me key details about my 2018 Ram 2500. I am in every way satisfied with my experience at Bonham Chrysler and Jeep.

Original review: April 23, 2018

BC is a long time JEEP Chrysler Dodge dealership. As with any company, experiences will vary. Overall great experience with Gail ** in sales. Feel confident in his determination to understand vehicle needs, work for the very best deal and exceed customer satisfaction. I'll return because of Gail **. Thank you Gail!

Original review: April 19, 2018

This is the third car I’ve bought from Jimmy ** at Bonham Chrysler. He always goes out of his way to make sure we find a car and financing options that meet our needs. I refer friends and family to him all the time and I’ve never heard a negative word from any of them. He’s top notch and so is the dealership.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Dodge Journey - Bonham Chrysler went above and beyond. My husband and I walked ready to buy a car and they wouldn't let us leave until we had a car and we're happy with our purchase. They stayed late and worked to meet our pricing needs.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Browsing around for cars, found one on Bonham Chrysler's website. Went in to look at it and not only was the car everything I wanted and more, the people were awesome! Kim ** was the nicest saleswoman I could have ever asked for! She was very thorough and had answer for all of our questions. Overall a really great experience.

Original review: March 30, 2018

The overall experience was unsatisfactory. I agreed to buy the vehicle at sticker price expecting typical amenities. They left it with only 1/4 of a tank of gas instead of filling it up, they didn't give the Sirius radio trial and after they said they detailed the inside it was still extremely dirty.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I cannot say I have ever had a better experience working with a car dealership. Kim ** never once used a high pressure sales tactic. Was understanding to my personal scheduling needs and communication preferences. Having everything ready to ease the stress and anxiety of buying a new vehicle. Her Manager Joanna ** gave full support and control to make the experience as effortless, comfortable, and rewarding. We will be back to purchase another new Jeep in the near future for my wife.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I contacted the dealership the morning of 12/26/17 to confirm that they still had a 2016 Dodge 1500 Crew Cab. They confirmed that they did, so my wife drove from Tyler TX to Bonham, about 2 1/2 hours one way to see it. She arrived about 11am, and spoke to a salesman. She waited 30 minutes, while the salesman looked for the truck. He then came back and told her that he couldn't find the key or the truck. He then said he could show her a truck that was a year older, had more miles and was $2000 more. I was at work, and some of my coworkers had warned me that Bonham Chrysler is known for doing the ol' Bait & Switch. My wife was very upset, because the salesman would hand her the key and go back inside, then if she had questions kept, she would have to go looking for him.

I unfortunately had to work, and could not be there. I spoke to the Sales Manager on the phone and explained how upset I was. He seemed to try to help, but really didn't want too. I asked if he could locate the vehicle and bring it to Tyler for us to look at it, and he reluctantly agreed. The next day, I called and left a message which he never returned. I texted him, with no response. We will never do business with Bonham Chrysler! After our experience, I looked online and found several similar complaints against them. I wish I had learned about them sooner and not wasted our time. Word to the wise, stay away from Bonham Chrysler!!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We were looking for an inexpensive car for one of our children and found a used Kia on Bonham’s used car listings. On Friday, we called regarding the car and were informed it was still available. We reviewed the Carfax information and called to make an offer. After some negotiation, our offer was accepted and we received a callback with the total after the dealer additions. This increased the price of the car from $3900 to $4400. We accepted the price and made arrangements to pick up the car on Monday. On Sunday night, we received an odd phone call from Juan ** at the dealership. He did not know we had already spoken to an agent at the dealership. He hung up after obtaining this information.

On Monday morning (when we were en route to Texas), he called again to say that the car would not be ready for pickup. It was having a transmission replaced. This was never mentioned at anytime before in our negotiations. When we called back to get an estimate of when it could be picked up, we were told it would be later in the week. We then received another phone call telling us that the purchase price was now $2000.00 more than the original price. The car is still listed on the dealership website at the original price. This appears to be a textbook bait and switch.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

Unethical, immoral, dishonest dealership. Even after you buy from them, they treat you like a piece of **. Have never had a more dismal experience in my life with a car dealership. They have no interest in working with you.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I purchased a 2014 Dodge Durango from Bonham Chrysler in December 2014. After agreeing to a price and all the information via email, they told me that it was a Manufacturer Buyback from California. They assured me that all that was wrong was the rear bumper and that had been fixed. In fact the salesman told me that in California and Florida if a consumer makes 3 complaints about the same problem that a manufacturer must buy the vehicle back. He told me people do this so they don't have a repossession on their credit. He proceeded to tell me the manufacturer's warranty was extended because it was a buyback and that it was better than just a pre-owned.

I came with a check from my bank. During the paperwork portion of the deal, they tried to change the price and tell me there is no warranty. I pulled up my email and showed them in text they agreed to price and terms of the warranty. I got up to leave and was told "I'll be right back". Well when he came back they made the deal I had in writing. That's after they tried to rip me off again. Fast forward 2 years when I go to another dealership to upgrade as I need a larger vehicle and I am informed that my vehicle has a branded title stating it is a Lemon. I have reached out to Bonham to make this right. They have not made the situation right as of this posting. Do not buy from Bonham, they lie!!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I bought a Dodge Ram truck last week at Bonham Chrysler. This is my second purchase at this location and both have been very positive. George ** offered the best customer service experience I have ever had buying a new vehicle. I got the vehicle I wanted at the price I wanted to pay, without any pressure. George was eager to please and not just eager to sell like many car sales people, and had great customer service skills. I felt like he was my advocate and he wouldn't win unless I won as well. I would recommend George at Bonham Chrysler to anyone looking for a new vehicle.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

Called up to the office and worked with David who showed my wife multiple Jeeps and explained the differences between Cherokees and Grand Cherokees Galore. When she found a type and fit she liked I was able to go online and pick the exact model I wanted as I need a package that would tow up to 6400 lbs. There were option of putting a tow kit on a regular Cherokee, but this would not haul the weight I needed and since they did not have the exact model they drove one in from Arkansas. It was perfect and we got it in 2 days. They allowed us to use a new model in the mean time to test drive it so we could leave our old car that needed repairs and not have to worry about safety in the meantime. The sales manager Kevin was available and helpful and I wouldn't purchase a Jeep anywhere else. We have had our new car since July and it has been great.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

I have always done my car deals via phone, so I am not waiting at the dealership hours and hours. I started off with one salesman that couldn't pull a credit app off of their website so he had me submit it 5 times. I texted him that evening to see if he finally received it and I got no response. I followed up with another text the next morning and still no response. I called the dealership, he was off and had no courtesy to let me know or have someone pick up where he left off, so I speak to one of the rudest managers there that did not help me in any way. I had to speak to the general manager who finally got our app and submitted our credit. We went that evening, test drove a couple cars, got a new salesman but for some reason I was pawned back on to the 1st one that cannot communicate with his customers. We get to financing and the car I chose was sold to some else. The worst customer service and the worst communication I have ever seen.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

Worst Jeep dealership in America. Please do not shop here for a potential Jeep. BUYER BEWARE!!! This dealership practices and lost leaders, and selling vehicles that have been recalled and damaged in California as new vehicles in the state of Texas. Do not purchase a jeep here unless you want to pay $8,000 above the vehicle purchase price as well as have a car that would not pass inspection in other states. Absolutely incompetent sales and finance staff.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2015

Even though this truly sounds unbelievable it actually happened. I went to Bonham Chrysler looking for a good used Ram truck on the 3rd of October and it was truly the worst experience with a dealership that I ever had. When I got there to take a test drive in the truck I was intending to buy it wouldn't even turn over. We swapped batteries, changed fuses and the truck wouldn't crank. That should have been the signal to leave that place and never look back but I persisted. After another hour had gone by I had another salesman helping me find something in my price range. We found a good Ram truck that I could afford. I took it for a test drive and loved it so I told them I wanted to buy it. After 5 and a half hours of waiting and filling out all the paperwork and signing my name on all the papers the salesman I was working with disappeared.

Another man came out and said that the guy I was working with was new and apparently they couldn't put me in the truck I wanted. I said "Fine. Show me what else you have." The man brought me a '93 F150. I told him I didn't want to buy it and he got visually upset so I said "Sorry we couldn't make a deal" and tried to leave. He came after me saying "Wait, wait. There's something else we can show you. How bout a single cab ram?" I said "Sure. Let's take a look." As we were walking back to look at the ram he stopped me next to a 2012 Toyota Tundras they were asking 30 grand for. He said "What about this?" I told him it was a nice looking truck but it wasn't what I was looking for. Then he said "Then ** it I'm done working with you." Shocked I say "Then you're not getting my ** business!"

After I said that he got in my face and started cursing me. When I started yelling back he shoved me to the ground. When I stood back up he came at me with his hand cocked back like he was gonna punch me. When I backed away he kicked me in my leg and started screaming at me to fight him. I turned around and walked back to my GF's car and he followed me aging it on. I got in the car and went to the police station to file a report. I'm pressing assault charges against the salesman and I'm suing Bonham Chrysler.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2015

My son had already talked to Bonham Chrysler to get a new truck. He was told to come up with $1500 for the downpayment and he could have the truck he wanted. Well, he went down today, worth everything they said he needed. 6 hours later doing paperwork they decided that he couldn't be financed for that particular truck. They offered him a 93 Ford f150 that was in worse shape than his current truck was which he refused. They then offered him a Toyota Tundra that he didn't like.

The salesman then said to him "** it, I'm tired of messing with you." Said he had "bent over backward to try and help you." My son said to him, "You gave me 2 trucks." The salesman pushed him to the ground and kicked him. My son decided to be the man and walk away. The man then tried to punch him. The supervisor of the salesmen was holding the guy back so my son could walk away. My son had to file an assault charge against this man. Is this how you treat paying customers Bonham Chrysler? I would hope this man is fired! But yet I will never know because we will take our business elsewhere!!!

Original review: July 14, 2015

First strike went to Bonham from Gainesville about 50+ mile drive with all the things they told me to bring with me for my purchase. Down payment - I was told to bring $1000.00 for down payment and was told I would drive away in a car that day. First of all, was there about 4 to 6 hours, looking through cars that was on my budget and finance would allow.Then when the papers was getting signed and finalized, I was told I was going to need $300.00 more for down payment - paid it even though it was wrong. That's strike one.

Bought a 07 Jeep Compass and have had issues with it from day 3 - engine light coming on and off and traction control light going on and off. Finally it just shut down. Called Bonham Chrysler to ask about trade-in and was told to bring it over. Told them I couldn't, that it ran 20 miles an hour. Was told to come over anyways and they would deal me out of it.

First question asked when I got there was where's the car. Told them was told to get here and would deal me out of it. Then told they had to check the car to see the problem. NOT WHAT I WAS TOLD ON THE PHONE. Second, of course they now told me I would have negative equity on it 'cause they did not know the problem and it would push my payments to almost twice what they are. As I was told they don't want their problems back and was told by a salesman that he couldn't help me - STRIKE 2. My car is being repaired here in my hometown by people I can trust, and will never go to Bonham Chrysler again. Way too many people that has no idea what's going on, and forget about you completely. Was there 4 hours for them to tell me they couldn't help me because that wasn't what I was told on the phone.

Original review: May 25, 2015

Bonham Chrysler Jeep advertised a Jeep for $30,750. When we got to the dealership, they said they couldn't find the car on the lot. Then they said the car was on a train heading to Bonham and they would still sell the car for the internet price and deliver it to our house. Then later, they said they didn't have the Jeep at all. This is a bait and switch practice. Offering a car for a certain price on the internet and then not having the car on the lot???? Don't go here.

Original review: April 18, 2015

Was going to buy a new Dodge ProMaster High Top cargo van from them. I arranged financing with my credit union and was prepared to bring them the cashier's check. The loan officer called and talked to **, the sales manager and explained to him that sales tax and title/registration was to not be charged according to Oklahoma sales tax commission, because I would then have to still pay it again in Oklahoma. ** rudely told the bank loan manager that it is their policy to charge it anyway and supposedly send the money to Oklahoma. We checked with the tag office and they informed us that is not the way it worked and then gave me the correct amounts that would then need to be paid.

Come to find out, ** is a nice little con-man ripoff artist. Bonham Chrysler was going to almost charge me 100 dollars more for title and tag that would never come to Oklahoma and then almost 400 dollars more in taxes that would never come to Oklahoma. Just FYI: this was not including the dealer doc fees and inventory tax, which I was ok with and understood. **, the salesman seemed to be good-spirited and friendly, but the rest seemed to be very rude and dishonest. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this dealership. I asked to speak with **, the dealership manager and have never been contacted. You'll most likely be taken advantage of and lied to and cheated if you try to deal with Bonham Chrysler. Western Sun Federal Credit Union even suggested to me to purchase somewhere else after they spoke with ** at Bonham Chrysler. Very sad dealership and situation.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

Five years ago we bought a truck from Kerry at Bonham Chrysler in Bonham Tx. It was a great experience, and so when we were ready to buy a second truck the first place we looked was Bonham. What a disappointment. I called and asked for a sales man to return my call on a certain truck. No one called me back. So I called again. Everyone was so busy they could not take time to get a sales person to talk to me. Called a third time and finally spoke to Mark. He test drove the truck and said it ran fine but had smoke when turned off. I said I would call back after discussing with husband if we felt the truck was worth the possible mechanical issues and was it safe to drive home (1600 mile trip).

Went to call Mark back. It was like no one knew who he was. Finally got David who then said the truck would not start at all and was offered a second vehicle which was not as clean a truck. Called David back and he was never available to discuss the purchase or repair time for the second truck. If you want the run around and half answers along with promises to return calls that never come then contact Bonham Chrysler. They will be the perfect dealer for you. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2014

Me and my husband purchased a Dodge Challenger SRT8 from this dealership in mid July. Since then the car has spent more time with them than us. We have filed a case with Chrysler over their service dept. Once they sell you a car they don't want anything to do with you. Please if you decide you want a new Dodge please drive 20 more min down the road to Sherman and go to Hoyte. They will always take good care of their customers. I should have listened to all the people who live in Bonham who told me they're nothing but crooks. They were so right.

Original review: June 5, 2013

I drove from Plano to looks at trucks, because from the internet, they seemed to have a good selection, and cared about the community. I bought an older truck for my daughter. It was the best one we could find on the lot for our price range, and our sales guy told us repeatedly that it was a good truck. The AC worked but wasn't cold, and he told us several times that it just needed Freon. My daughter fell in love with it and we bought it; the ride seemed pretty smooth.

On the way home, we discovered a problem with the lights; the tail lights and dash lights kept going off. We had tested them on the lot, but the salesman was turning them on/off and I was watching to see if they came on. It turns out you had to tweak the switch for the dash lights to come on, but they wouldn't stay on. I took the truck to my mechanic, only to find that the AC compressor was locked up; the hoses were not even connected to it, and some wires had been removed "as though someone had started to remove the compressor." My mechanic stated, "There is no way they didn't know that the AC was broken."

I made several attempts to work this out with the dealership. I explained what I was told about the truck by the salesman. I spoke with 3 different managers; 1 said they would fix the AC, but then another rescinded that offer, and said, "We don't do that; that guy's only been here a week." I was told by a manager "an old joke about the used car business: if you drive away and the car breaks in half, you better call 2 tow trucks, because you own both halves." They refused to take the truck back, and they refused to fix the AC. The last manager I spoke with was rude, and patronizing, and told me, "Never believe anything anyone tells you."

I will never do business here again. The only upside is I found a decent mechanic down the street at Bonham Service Center. If you are looking at used cars, please take it to a mechanic before you buy it. You are signing an "AS IS" agreement and it makes NO difference what they tell you about the vehicle. They don't stand behind their words, and any immediate problems you have, you are on YOUR OWN. Let the buyer beware.

Bonham Chrysler Company Information