Bonham Chrysler

Bonham TX

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Called up to the office and worked with David who showed my wife multiple Jeeps and explained the differences between Cherokees and Grand Cherokees Galore. When she found a type and fit she liked I was able to go online and pick the exact model I wanted as I need a package that would tow up to 6400 lbs. There were option of putting a tow kit on a regular Cherokee, but this would not haul the weight I needed and since they did not have the exact model they drove one in from Arkansas. It was perfect and we got it in 2 days. They allowed us to use a new model in the mean time to test drive it so we could leave our old car that needed repairs and not have to worry about safety in the meantime. The sales manager Kevin was available and helpful and I wouldn't purchase a Jeep anywhere else. We have had our new car since July and it has been great.

I have always done my car deals via phone, so I am not waiting at the dealership hours and hours. I started off with one salesman that couldn't pull a credit app off of their website so he had me submit it 5 times. I texted him that evening to see if he finally received it and I got no response. I followed up with another text the next morning and still no response. I called the dealership, he was off and had no courtesy to let me know or have someone pick up where he left off, so I speak to one of the rudest managers there that did not help me in any way. I had to speak to the general manager who finally got our app and submitted our credit. We went that evening, test drove a couple cars, got a new salesman but for some reason I was pawned back on to the 1st one that cannot communicate with his customers. We get to financing and the car I chose was sold to some else. The worst customer service and the worst communication I have ever seen.

Worst Jeep dealership in America. Please do not shop here for a potential Jeep. BUYER BEWARE!!! This dealership practices and lost leaders, and selling vehicles that have been recalled and damaged in California as new vehicles in the state of Texas. Do not purchase a jeep here unless you want to pay $8,000 above the vehicle purchase price as well as have a car that would not pass inspection in other states. Absolutely incompetent sales and finance staff.

Even though this truly sounds unbelievable it actually happened. I went to Bonham Chrysler looking for a good used Ram truck on the 3rd of October and it was truly the worst experience with a dealership that I ever had. When I got there to take a test drive in the truck I was intending to buy it wouldn't even turn over. We swapped batteries, changed fuses and the truck wouldn't crank. That should have been the signal to leave that place and never look back but I persisted. After another hour had gone by I had another salesman helping me find something in my price range. We found a good Ram truck that I could afford. I took it for a test drive and loved it so I told them I wanted to buy it. After 5 and a half hours of waiting and filling out all the paperwork and signing my name on all the papers the salesman I was working with disappeared.

Another man came out and said that the guy I was working with was new and apparently they couldn't put me in the truck I wanted. I said "Fine. Show me what else you have." The man brought me a '93 F150. I told him I didn't want to buy it and he got visually upset so I said "Sorry we couldn't make a deal" and tried to leave. He came after me saying "Wait, wait. There's something else we can show you. How bout a single cab ram?" I said "Sure. Let's take a look." As we were walking back to look at the ram he stopped me next to a 2012 Toyota Tundras they were asking 30 grand for. He said "What about this?" I told him it was a nice looking truck but it wasn't what I was looking for. Then he said "Then ** it I'm done working with you." Shocked I say "Then you're not getting my ** business!"

After I said that he got in my face and started cursing me. When I started yelling back he shoved me to the ground. When I stood back up he came at me with his hand cocked back like he was gonna punch me. When I backed away he kicked me in my leg and started screaming at me to fight him. I turned around and walked back to my GF's car and he followed me aging it on. I got in the car and went to the police station to file a report. I'm pressing assault charges against the salesman and I'm suing Bonham Chrysler.

My son had already talked to Bonham Chrysler to get a new truck. He was told to come up with $1500 for the downpayment and he could have the truck he wanted. Well, he went down today, worth everything they said he needed. 6 hours later doing paperwork they decided that he couldn't be financed for that particular truck. They offered him a 93 Ford f150 that was in worse shape than his current truck was which he refused. They then offered him a Toyota Tundra that he didn't like.

The salesman then said to him "** it, I'm tired of messing with you." Said he had "bent over backward to try and help you." My son said to him, "You gave me 2 trucks." The salesman pushed him to the ground and kicked him. My son decided to be the man and walk away. The man then tried to punch him. The supervisor of the salesmen was holding the guy back so my son could walk away. My son had to file an assault charge against this man. Is this how you treat paying customers Bonham Chrysler? I would hope this man is fired! But yet I will never know because we will take our business elsewhere!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bonham Chrysler?

First strike went to Bonham from Gainesville about 50+ mile drive with all the things they told me to bring with me for my purchase. Down payment - I was told to bring $1000.00 for down payment and was told I would drive away in a car that day. First of all, was there about 4 to 6 hours, looking through cars that was on my budget and finance would allow.Then when the papers was getting signed and finalized, I was told I was going to need $300.00 more for down payment - paid it even though it was wrong. That's strike one.

Bought a 07 Jeep Compass and have had issues with it from day 3 - engine light coming on and off and traction control light going on and off. Finally it just shut down. Called Bonham Chrysler to ask about trade-in and was told to bring it over. Told them I couldn't, that it ran 20 miles an hour. Was told to come over anyways and they would deal me out of it.

First question asked when I got there was where's the car. Told them was told to get here and would deal me out of it. Then told they had to check the car to see the problem. NOT WHAT I WAS TOLD ON THE PHONE. Second, of course they now told me I would have negative equity on it 'cause they did not know the problem and it would push my payments to almost twice what they are. As I was told they don't want their problems back and was told by a salesman that he couldn't help me - STRIKE 2. My car is being repaired here in my hometown by people I can trust, and will never go to Bonham Chrysler again. Way too many people that has no idea what's going on, and forget about you completely. Was there 4 hours for them to tell me they couldn't help me because that wasn't what I was told on the phone.

Bonham Chrysler Jeep advertised a Jeep for $30,750. When we got to the dealership, they said they couldn't find the car on the lot. Then they said the car was on a train heading to Bonham and they would still sell the car for the internet price and deliver it to our house. Then later, they said they didn't have the Jeep at all. This is a bait and switch practice. Offering a car for a certain price on the internet and then not having the car on the lot???? Don't go here.

Was going to buy a new Dodge ProMaster High Top cargo van from them. I arranged financing with my credit union and was prepared to bring them the cashier's check. The loan officer called and talked to **, the sales manager and explained to him that sales tax and title/registration was to not be charged according to Oklahoma sales tax commission, because I would then have to still pay it again in Oklahoma. ** rudely told the bank loan manager that it is their policy to charge it anyway and supposedly send the money to Oklahoma. We checked with the tag office and they informed us that is not the way it worked and then gave me the correct amounts that would then need to be paid.

Come to find out, ** is a nice little con-man ripoff artist. Bonham Chrysler was going to almost charge me 100 dollars more for title and tag that would never come to Oklahoma and then almost 400 dollars more in taxes that would never come to Oklahoma. Just FYI: this was not including the dealer doc fees and inventory tax, which I was ok with and understood. **, the salesman seemed to be good-spirited and friendly, but the rest seemed to be very rude and dishonest. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this dealership. I asked to speak with **, the dealership manager and have never been contacted. You'll most likely be taken advantage of and lied to and cheated if you try to deal with Bonham Chrysler. Western Sun Federal Credit Union even suggested to me to purchase somewhere else after they spoke with ** at Bonham Chrysler. Very sad dealership and situation.

Five years ago we bought a truck from Kerry at Bonham Chrysler in Bonham Tx. It was a great experience, and so when we were ready to buy a second truck the first place we looked was Bonham. What a disappointment. I called and asked for a sales man to return my call on a certain truck. No one called me back. So I called again. Everyone was so busy they could not take time to get a sales person to talk to me. Called a third time and finally spoke to Mark. He test drove the truck and said it ran fine but had smoke when turned off. I said I would call back after discussing with husband if we felt the truck was worth the possible mechanical issues and was it safe to drive home (1600 mile trip).

Went to call Mark back. It was like no one knew who he was. Finally got David who then said the truck would not start at all and was offered a second vehicle which was not as clean a truck. Called David back and he was never available to discuss the purchase or repair time for the second truck. If you want the run around and half answers along with promises to return calls that never come then contact Bonham Chrysler. They will be the perfect dealer for you. I will never do business with them again.

Me and my husband purchased a Dodge Challenger SRT8 from this dealership in mid July. Since then the car has spent more time with them than us. We have filed a case with Chrysler over their service dept. Once they sell you a car they don't want anything to do with you. Please if you decide you want a new Dodge please drive 20 more min down the road to Sherman and go to Hoyte. They will always take good care of their customers. I should have listened to all the people who live in Bonham who told me they're nothing but crooks. They were so right.

I drove from Plano to looks at trucks, because from the internet, they seemed to have a good selection, and cared about the community. I bought an older truck for my daughter. It was the best one we could find on the lot for our price range, and our sales guy told us repeatedly that it was a good truck. The AC worked but wasn't cold, and he told us several times that it just needed Freon. My daughter fell in love with it and we bought it; the ride seemed pretty smooth.

On the way home, we discovered a problem with the lights; the tail lights and dash lights kept going off. We had tested them on the lot, but the salesman was turning them on/off and I was watching to see if they came on. It turns out you had to tweak the switch for the dash lights to come on, but they wouldn't stay on. I took the truck to my mechanic, only to find that the AC compressor was locked up; the hoses were not even connected to it, and some wires had been removed "as though someone had started to remove the compressor." My mechanic stated, "There is no way they didn't know that the AC was broken."

I made several attempts to work this out with the dealership. I explained what I was told about the truck by the salesman. I spoke with 3 different managers; 1 said they would fix the AC, but then another rescinded that offer, and said, "We don't do that; that guy's only been here a week." I was told by a manager "an old joke about the used car business: if you drive away and the car breaks in half, you better call 2 tow trucks, because you own both halves." They refused to take the truck back, and they refused to fix the AC. The last manager I spoke with was rude, and patronizing, and told me, "Never believe anything anyone tells you."

I will never do business here again. The only upside is I found a decent mechanic down the street at Bonham Service Center. If you are looking at used cars, please take it to a mechanic before you buy it. You are signing an "AS IS" agreement and it makes NO difference what they tell you about the vehicle. They don't stand behind their words, and any immediate problems you have, you are on YOUR OWN. Let the buyer beware.

My husband and I bought a new 2012 Chrysler 200 on Saturday, February 4th with only 16 miles on it. Then after a very long day at the dealership, we left in our new car and had gotten half a mile down the road and the check engine light came on so we turned around. Now, it being near closing time, two salesmen and the sales manager came out and put their handheld computer on it and said something about a solenoid. My husband didn't hear this. He was talking to the sales manager. So I turned to ask him what a solenoid was and before I could say anything, the guys were saying it was a loose gas cap and had reset the check engine light and sent us on our way.

We got around 20 miles down the road and it came back on. So Monday, we went to a local dealership to have it checked out and was told that the transmission had problems. And with the the guys at Bonham knowing the problem existed should have never sent us back out because we were in danger of breaking down on side of the road. On Wednesday, February 8th, we both had to take off work to return the car for repair and was sent away in a loan car with near bald tires. On Friday, the 10th, we got a call from them telling us that they replaced some parts and that now something else was wrong. So Saturday, we returned hoping to resolve this matter and all they wanted to do is put us in another 200 that were colors. We didn't want and may have the same problems. So here, we sit with their loan car with bald tires as our new car still sits in their garage. What do we do?

I have a 1999 Dodge Durango 4x4 SLT with 68,000 on it. I was experiencing difficulty in the steering. Took it to the dealership for assistance in correcting the problem. I was informed that the entire rack and pinion unit needed to be replaced. I was told that I could have had a wreck in the condition that it was in.

The service manager, assistant manager, and two technicians who worked on it say that they have never heard of this ever happening to my type of auto. All of them agree that the part was defective. They checked the recalls, but was inconclusive. They also tried to get the factory rep. to assist them, but quoted to me that "he is an **** and won't help us out here". What am I to do? They all agree that the part was defective from the factory.

Without my vehicle for 4 days now, and maybe more. Repair bill will be right at $800.00.

Bonham Chrysler Company Profile