2.85/5
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

269 Acura Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have had a number of expensive nuisance issues with my MDX that I paid handsomely for. From day 1 it has had a slow leak in the tire that they say there is nothing wrong with. The driver's side window whistles and they say it is not 'a known problem' and nothing they can do about; and now most recently I was pulled over by the police for a tail light that was not working. I replaced the bulb myself, no avail. Acura says $500 for a new tail light assembly. What does it say about the quality of construction when an enclosed tail light assembly needs to be replaced??? I bought Acura looking for Honda/Acura quality. Very, very disappointed. I will be a returning customer. PS, additionally the Acura navigation system is the worst. Too hard to use; just use your phone.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I leased with Acura for two consecutive 3 year term and I initially thought it was a great vehicle (MDX) and great service until I decided to try another car company. I received an invoice for almost $3000 for "excessive wear and tear." The report indicated that I had a poor repair and my car was NEVER in need of repair in the three years I had it! I was charged for two tires when only one didn't meet the spec requirements. You're fine as long as you keep your money with Acura... They don't bill you unless you decide to leave. Fusion Auto Finance asked me to take the vehicle for inspection on Long Island and I live on Staten Island: it was a major inconvenience to me. The communication from Fusion Auto Finance initially billed me over $1600 because there was an error stating that my lease was overdue when it wasn't! The miscommunication to rectify that error was insane.

Then, in dealing with Ms. Doreen ** and her supervisor Marissa **, the miscommunication continued in trying to "ground" my vehicle from another dealership. Overall, it was a nightmare that I never want to go through again. The corporate office ("Drake" ext. ** at Fusion Auto Finance) was rude and did not want to do anything else but collect my money. It's ABUSIVE and they (Drake of Fusion Auto Finance) made accusations of damages to the car and then accused me of lying when I said the vehicle was never in need of repair!! I will NEVER give my business to Acura again. They totally rip you off. There are so many other dealerships that offer better.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I’ve purchased a used 2005 Acura TL with 69K miles on it. At 96K miles the transmission blew out, it was a $4000 bill to rebuild the transmission. My AC compressor had to be changed. The tension pulley had to be changed. The battery dies if the car is not turned on daily or in cold winter months (I live in Houston, we don’t have severe weather). It has a new battery and the alternator is just fine, we never could establish what the battery issues were.

The car will lock you out since it automatically locks, the mirrors shift while driving. The dashboard has cracks. I happily sold the car to a junkyard for $500, I just couldn’t wait to get rid of it. I maintain my cars regularly and only put less than 20 miles a day on it. I didn’t expect all these issues with less than 100k miles on it. Never getting an Acura again.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I love the size of my Acura ILX. It has the feel of a much larger car and drives and rides great. It has plenty of power which many small cars lack. I’ve had no problems with my car during the 3 years I’ve owned it.

Original review: May 1, 2018

My Acura TL 2014 model was purchased new and I never had a black vehicle but always seen black cars and they looked great. The vehicle has a V6 engine and plenty of power and the style is sleek, aerodynamic curves and it a great vehicle. The only issue I have are the tire sensors fail consistently and these are a nuisance as I have my own pressure gauge to measure the tire pressure. The vehicle rides so smoothly on various roads while steering is very comfortable and ease to control the vehicle. Overall I recommend this vehicle but my taste has changed in terms of car type. I would like to pursue a mid sized SUV in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Original review: April 28, 2018

Acura RDX - comfortable cushy drive; somewhat slow acceleration; blindspot on passenger side more noticeable than previous owned vehicle. Window design needs to be improved. Averages 21-22 mpg city driving, 26-27 mpg highway.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Bought the Acura RL used with @30K miles. Had some factory warranty remaining plus I bought an extended warranty from Acura dealer and had car serviced regularly at that dealership. At @50K miles, the car developed a malodorous odor of burning oil, especially strong when parked in enclosed garage after having been driven. I suspected an oil leak dripping onto hot exhaust component and complained to dealership on each of three or four service visits while warranty was in effect.

Dealership claimed they could not smell the odor or find any leak. On the next service visit AFTER the warranty expired, I complained again and dealership said the engine's rear main oil seal was dripping onto exhaust causing odor and wanted @$1000 to fix it. Appealed all the way to Honda headquarters but was not able to get Honda to fix the problem which had been present and had been reported during warranty period. Leak has now reached the point to where it puddles on garage floor. In addition, on the same visit, dealership said front shocks were bad. Additionally, had five repeat problems with SRS system, and the fuel pump relay failed and stranded me at the grocery store with a car load of groceries. The car looks good and drives good, but it is unreliable, prone to breakdown and definitely not worth its cost.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Acura RL is a reliable car, fully equipped, great horsepower, all the bells and whistles, low maintenance costs, luxuriously on the inside and beautiful on the outside.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I've had the Acura RL for a while. It is the first car in many years that I still love to drive. The design is awesome, the performance is awesome, and it has been very low maintenance, even though I'm almost up to 200,000 miles!!

Original review: April 24, 2018

Bought the Acura TL as a CPO. Good value. No real issues except for a couple of minor computer parts that needed to be replaced. Now have 127k miles on it and have owned it for 9 years. 2005 model year. Best body style... Do not like the newer ones, style wise.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I have had Acuras since 1987. Most reliable car ever had. And, when there was a problem, both dealer and Acura resolved issue to my complete satisfaction without any hesitation or reservation.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Overall love the Acura TSX. V6 is great. Mechanically any issues have been minor, mostly electrical. But the finish isn't holding up as well as I would hope or expect from Acura. Had peeling paint issues with a prior Honda product as well (Accord).

Original review: April 18, 2018

Acura MDX, 2014 - Nice appearance. Very nice ride, good Continental tires. Comfortable driver and passenger seats. Both are adjustable. Telescoping steering wheel. Excellent gas mileage, 32 mpg hwy. Good forward and rear visibility. Easy driving controls on steering wheel. Good rear view camera. Good road map and GPS navigation. Adequate mobile communication system. However, complicated destination setup and manual organization.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Acura RL is very reliable and comfortable. Great performance and great car for a long trip. Have 155k miles on it with no serious problems. The SH-AWD with torque vectoring make it ultra stable on snowy roads.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I have bought an Acura ILX July last year and in January the transmission broke! February they had to replace the battery twice, in March they had to replace the starter... and today the car would not start. I have been trying to talk to Acura saying that the car is beyond repair and that I don't need a buyback, only give me car that is not a "lemon"... the case manager keep saying that he is trying something but cannot guarantee anything!!! So I would not recommend anyone to buy an Acura, specially ILX.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I got RDX 2018 model. I mainly tells what this lacks compare to other non-suv models. I expected decent options when I say word Acura or luxurious model. Rear passenger leg room is so small, my old Toyota Camry got much larger leg space. Acura provided two 12 v chargers. Guess what, they are cigarette lighting chargers. If any passenger want to charge their phone, they need to buy compatible charger. What a life! No power windows for passengers. No telescopic steering wheel, means no adjustments. Now, good things about this one, smooth transmission ride, power steering control, vehicle stability, and its sleek look and design suggestion, compare option from similar vehicle class and buy!

Original review: March 27, 2018

My exterior door panels have warped 3 separate times and now the 4th time. Acura (2015 Acura RDX) has a defective material and now fails to stand behind their product. This has also happened to my 2016 Honda Accord. I know numerous people that own the same products and they too have warped panels. Acura will not stand behind their product. I am so finished with this company. I own 3 Acura’s and a Honda! I’m finished with them.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Vehicle Mileage: 17997. Description: I recently purchased (5/24/2017) a 2016 Acura ILX. I'm very disappointed to say the least. This car is expensive and Doesn't even offer a satellite radio. Also when driving I can't access my phonebook to make calls. I have to pick up my phone to call a number. I can only use voice call to call 15 stored speed dial numbers instead of being able to say call "whomever". What's the purpose of hands free when this car doesn't offer that. Also the name doesn't appear when a call comes through. Even though the contacts are downloaded into the system. I had all of these options in my Elantra before trading it in on what I thought would be better for me. A mistake I made because clearly more money doesn't mean better. Could this please be fixed??

I'm so upset about my purchase and wish I could trade a brand new ILX back in for an Elantra that offers better quality. The phone system needs to be fixed in the ILX. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone. Thank you for your time. I've actually reached out to the CEO and he forwarded me to a representative whom was NO HELP. I actually asked them if they could upgrade this data system in the car or buy back their overly priced basic car... I'm still stuck with this Car for 3 years.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Dealership totaled my car while in for repair and tried to hide it, they tried to "pay me off" not to leave reviews. 9/5/17 I received a call from the service department saying my car was involved in an incident at the shop that they had found that morning. I was told that they were unsure the extent of the damage at that time. I sent my mom down to get important papers out of my glove box as I was unable to get there. When she arrived, she found someone still working on the car and she opened the glove box to it full of water rushing out like a fish tank being dumped over. The next day I went down to the dealership to see my car myself and speak to management. We met with George who promised to bend over backwards to help me.

I was continually pushed aside and treated like I was a nuisance. Once their insurance finally claimed it a total loss (over a week later) I then was left to do all the work, I had to fight for 104 days to get my car paid off. This was daily calls and emails and hundreds of hours of work. When it came time to get me into a new vehicle I was shuttled back and forth between salesmen (who were all friendly but couldn't help) and the 2012 that was comparable to my MDX was sold before I could get there to see it the next morning.

I was hopeful they'd cut me a great deal on a replacement vehicle for all I'd been through but alas all I got was a lousy $1000 off the price (something anyone could haggle down) and still paid over blue book, and 15% off floor mats and I had to pay for moldings to be put on to cover all the scratches on the passenger side. To get the $1000 off I had to fight for $250 of it and was told by Gene **, "Fine if it's a fight over $250 I'll do it just to get you done and out of here." He was incredibly rude to me and honestly I shouldn't have proceeded with the purchase of the new car especially since the only viable option was a 2015 MDX that now costs me an extra $150 per month and I had to start payments all over again.

Once my car was paid I reached out to the dealership to try to work out some compensation for my time and losses like new tags, paying double insurance while I fought to get my car paid off, and interest accrued during that time. I sent a certified letter to George, and Gene called me in return, I asked to hear from George who refused to contact me and I never heard from again. I then put a complaint in with the BBB because I was receiving no response. George blank told the BBB they bent over backwards to help me and there was nothing more they could do.

I then contacted Acura corporate directly (who were wonderful by the way) and they couldn't believe how I had been treated and they tried to help me. They arranged a call with the dealership which was between me, Acura and Gene. Gene again was not very friendly in his tone and took no responsibility for what had happened. His apology is, "We are sorry this happened, and that WE'VE had to deal with this." He finally offered me some compensation for my loses. $1000 with the stipulation that I leave no negative reviews and do not discuss the dealership negatively. And 3 years free oil changes (no way would I bring my car back to them).

I refused his offer because I believe people need to know that while I was fighting the insurance I found out from their own tech and from their incident report I had to collect, MY CAR WAS ACTUALLY TOTALED 4 DAYS PRIOR TO THEM CONTACTING ME AND THEY TRIED TO HIDE IT!! I've collected thorough documentation on all the events that occurred, and it is now my mission to warn people about this dealership's poor business practices. There are good people that work there that if they could have would have helped me more; these people are Bob **, Chris ** and Matt in sales.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I leased a 2016 Acura TLX V6 AWD approximately two years ago, I finally traded it in recently: I attempted to address several issues that were not rectified to my satisfaction: 1. Transmission shifting issues, abrupt shifts and downshifts as if you are being rear ended. Dealer supposedly updated software, issue remained unresolved. 2. iPhone Bluetooth issues with new iPhone. Contacts do not populate, had issue for four months and was never resolved, they blamed Apple for the issues. 3. Brake rotors warped after close to a year and leads that 13k miles, they blamed my driving, had to pay to get them resurfaced. 4. Brake calipers rusted, cosmetically unappealing, I was told it does not affect performance even though they look horrible through the big alloy wheels.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I purchased Acura Care for my Acura MDX. The engine failed and it took 76 days to replace. Acura Care attempted to put a 60,000 mile engine back in my vehicle but I prevented it. They finally had the Walser Acura dealership install factory parts, but they delayed the process for two months. I am extremely dissatisfied with the level of customer service, care, and professionalism offered throughout this experience. IF I would have signed a "forever discharge" release, they would have made my car payment while it was in the shop. Since I would not sign, they withdrew their "goodwill gesture". Acura, American Honda, Acura Care and the Walser Acura dealership left me very disappointed that a luxury automobile company would treat their customer in such a manner. If I could rate them lower than 1 star I would. I would not recommend purchasing Acura Care for your next purchase if you choose to take your chances with an Acura.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I was considering leasing another MDX at the end of this lease as my car (2016 Acura MDX) has two months to go however have reconsidered as too many problems. 50% of the time my phone won't connect yet it has no problem with that in other cars that we have rented on trips over the last 3 years. The memory steering wheel and seat which can be set to the driver works again sometimes but most the time have to manual set them each time I get into the car. These two problems over the almost 3 years I've had the car have not been solved by the dealership and are quite annoying in a car costing $60,000. Recently the cruise control has gone out and the lane keeping has gone out also... Seems a bit over the top considering the car only 20,000 miles on it. It's a shame as like the way the car drives but when this lease is up in two months I will not be getting another Acura MDX.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Acura RL has great reliability and is beautifully done inside and out. Keeps its resale value, can be suited for female or male drivers and very low maintenance.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

My wife and I purchased a pre-owned 2017 Acura MDX from a local Honda dealership which was acquired from a Colorado Acura dealership via a regional car auction. The vehicle had only 650 original miles on the odometer and was spotless as well as mechanically in excellent condition. The car now has 3500 miles and the entire family is very impressed with the quality and comfort. Very pleased!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

My experience have left me feeling angry as a consumer. On many sides I have experienced disappointment. I did a trade in 10/12/17. Completed paperwork twice. Finance company originally Wells Fargo, never have I been late with my car note. As of today's date 12/26/17 I don't have resolve with the pay off, nor payment book. I was told that Acura finance company would contact me but to no avail. Early pm today I spoke to manager who said will call back after he get paperwork in his hands. It's 10:11pm. Still waiting. I've tried to be patient. Tomorrow I will have to spend the day talking back and forth with Wells Fargo. PLEASE ADVISE.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I have had three Acura vehicles. The first two vehicles were of good quality, but the third is terrible. From the beginning I've had problem. I've only had it two year, but there are numerous small issues like a bluetooth system that does not work properly, a sound system that is intermittently tinny, windshield wipers that do not function on auto, and other similar small things. I have also had to have the car in for a major repair to the engine because a valve got stuck open. It shifts gears with a significant clunk frequently.

And the parking sensors in the front have now been replaced twice because they start beeping at empty space. I have had the vehicle at the dealership multiple times, but because the issues are intermittent, they cannot find them and therefore cannot repair them. I have now talked to customer relations at corporate Acura multiple times, only to be told that because the dealership can't find the problems, corporate won't do anything. So now I'm stuck with a vehicle that doesn't perform correctly, they Acura can't fix and won't take back.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Very displeased for how Acura does not stand by their product and does not value a repeating customer. I have purchased 4 Acuras in the last 10 years and am sad to say I will not purchase another. In 2010 I bought a 2009 Acura TL and here recently in the past year I have had issues with the rubber seals around all the windows, windshield and around all moldings on the outside of the car. I have explained to the dealership and a customer care manager at Acura Care services what my issues are and that my car is garage kept away from all natural elements. The window moldings have completely melted away leaving an inch gap between the door frame and window on all doors which allows water to fall freely within the door. Also cold/hot air flows into the car due to this so having the air turned on high in either condition is a must.

When Acura Care was contacted and a case was opened I was advised due to the car's age they will not help at all. I asked if the pictures that were taken at the dealership were looked at. They replied that no pictures were seen or sent by dealership but the decision has been made. They will not be able to do anything for me. I again said that it isn't like I have been tampering with the seals or weather stripping but it is literally melting away to the touch and flying off the car as I am driving, again no concern was shown by the Acura Care Case Manager.

Again I have purchased 4 Acura cars but WILL NOT BE DOING SO AGAIN EVER. VERY DISSATISFIED AND SAD TO KNOW THAT ACURA DOES NOT STAND BY THEIR PRODUCT! I have a 98 Ford F-150 that stays in the TEXAS heat 365 days of the year and have never experienced this or anything near this on it. Yes it is a 09 but just barely has over 100k miles on it and is garage kept. Product is faulty and ACURA knows that is why they don't stand by their product or value true customers.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Experienced total steering failure. Extremely dangerous, apparently a more wide scale problem and they don’t seem to care people could die. Upwards of $3500 to get it fixed! This is on a 4 year old upscale vehicle (Acura TL). This dealer (Hertrich Acura) especially does not care after purchasing 6 cars among me and family. Car was impeccably maintained but if you don’t service the vehicle at their overpriced garage you can forget it. It does have a 109k miles on it but that’s a break in period for other upscale brands! Stay away!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

To the person who got locked out of her Acura with a child in the car: I just did a Honda review and I totally forgot about this issue. I have been locked out of my various Hondas more times than I can recall. First time: I warmed up my car on a -7 day, left it unlocked. Came back 10 minutes later and it was locked. Over the years this has happened so many times, that if I leave my car running (mailbox, warming up/or getting AC to cool car down) I leave the window cracked so I can reach in.

My wife and I are so paranoid that on our newer non Honda's we still do it. I warned her when we first got married and she found out the hard way. Rain, snow, whatever, if I get out and the car is running (no keys), the window is cracked so I can reach in. I would never just leave my keys in the car like we did growing up in the 70's.

With my first Honda (89 Si) I would take my dogs when house hunting (I was single) and leave the AC on and bring my extra set of keys. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR RUNNING (like warming it up away from your spare set) AND NO WAY TO REACH IN. Honda/Acura never fixed this, as I've owned 6 Hondas and they all had the 'self lock problem'. My wife will roll her eyes when I remind her about this.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Upon purchasing my 2015 Acura TLX, I was not told that Acura and Apple iPhones do not play nice with each other. At the time I had an iPhone 5S and now have an iPhone 8 and neither work with my car's hands-free dialing. I have carefully entered contact names and voice tags into my speed dial list but when I speak the name John **, up comes a list of names starting with Mary **. Acura offers no fix. Quite the deal from a so-called luxury care.

Acura Company Information