Acura

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Peter of Lakewood, CA on

I am current/original first owner of 2005 Acura TL. My car has dashboard cracked and airbag sign showed on screen. And I've researched on web and found this is common issue/problem that many TL owners are experiencing. I recently went to Acura dealership for trade in my '05 TL for 2017 MDX and my vehicle appraised was $0.00. They said they couldn't buy it from me with dashboard cracked and sell it in their dealer. FYI my TL has about 148,000 miles and has good condition.

I cannot believe Acura knows there's a problem with dashboard cracked on almost every TL they manufactured and not taking any action. What if there's airbag issue and not function it properly because of cracked dashboard? Is airbag going to function well? This is safety issue and Acura should make recall to check who has dashboard cracked. I don't think I am never going back to Acura again after experiencing this kind of bad service.

Melissa of Raleigh, NC on

I am a huge fan of Acura as well as Samsung and anything about cars and electronics intrigues me. I own a TSX ACURA year of 2010, I am greatly in love with it. Acura has a nice sleek look that make it different from other cars on the road today in 2016. The best part about it that it is luxury but not too expensive, great running car and very dependable. Plus you can fit one person in your front seat and 3 in the back with enough seat belts for everyone. I like factory items on an Acura to keep it classy, however, I did spice up my TSX up with some custom wheels, black and chrome. They go great with the car and makes it look like a combination of sport and luxury. However, I have had an issue with the navigation system draining too much battery causing my battery to go dead frequently.

Cameron of Henderson, NC on

Acura has lots of options, example: leather, sunroof, power windows and doors, variety, pleasing, very time consuming, aim to meet my needs and desires. The car has sleek design, fuel efficient, economical, attractive and amazing color choices. Very friendly and aimed to meet my needs as well as my desires. Also, I was able to choose if it had a sunroof or spoiler or power windows, power locks, gas mileage, two door, four door, anti-lock brakes and also many color options. But, my car has very minimal storage capacity. Glove box was on the smaller side than I prefer. The two-door model was very lax in back seat room.

Dennis of Arlington, TX on

Acuras are very stylish both inside and out and have a great technology package that makes driving much more productive and fun. Although there's not a lot of different cars that Acura produces, there are quite a few variables that go into each car, such as options. Plus they makes a variety of cars with differing sizes. I have the TLX which is a perfect size for my needs. I rarely have any passengers in the back seat but there is plenty of leg room for them when I do. I wholeheartedly recommend Acura as a great choice in cars. I would also strongly recommend anybody purchasing an Acura get the technology package because it provides an awesome GPS and sound system. It has very intuitive controls and easy to operate.

Armen of Los Angeles, CA on

This car brand offers the sporty model (ILX), the mid-size sedan model (TLX), the larger sedan (RX), the two SUVs (MDX and RDX), and an expensive sports car (NSX). All the cars are tastefully designed inside and out. The Acura brand provides in their standard cars what most others charge as extra. All the cars have leather seats that are very comfortable and superior handling. Most of the upgrades were "nice to have" options. The description was good enough to understand what I'd be getting if I opted for some of the personalized options. Passenger capacity in all Acura models is as expected. Sedans comfortably fit 4 people and the SUVs can fit one more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Claudia of Cumming, GA on

Acura has so many different varieties. There is really something here for everyone. I am picky, but it was easy for me to find something unique and luxurious. Love built in GPS, fresh acceleration and sleek design. The car seems luxurious but with reasonable price, very eye catching and I love the image that comes with it. Also has fantastic size for the whole family and the dogs. Perfect for my road trips and always really great to take hiking. It was very functional and realistic. However, my husband had way more options with his Lexus. I also had many more options with my Subaru. If there were more features I missed, I was not made aware of them.

Brittney of Panama City, FL on

Acura has cars and SUVs. The cars range from sporty to convenient. My husband and I both drive Acura. My Integra is very spacious and comfortable. I have fit 4 people and a car seat in my Integra, and everyone had enough room to move around. There was wiggle room, enough leg space which is very important especially when traveling. I love all the features the car has. I also love how safe I feel in the car, considering I have a newborn child. My Integra is very personal. With it being a new car, I can set my phone up through Bluetooth and answer calls in the car, through the speakers, which is very important to me, be wise of work, but also safer.

Julia of Aurora, CO on

Acura offers a sufficient variety of models to suit every lifestyle (sedan, SUV, sport model, etc.). When I owned an Acura, I had the Vigor sedan model, which I absolutely loved. Their models are classically designed, and an old Acura looks just as contemporary as a new one. What I particularly appreciate is the fact that blind spots are minimized, reducing the need to stretch and crane your neck before changing lanes. Also, their upgrade and personalization options are comparable to those offered by other manufacturers of upscale automobiles. For example, on-board GPS, air conditioning, hands-off mobile phone, etc. The passenger capacity depends on the style and/or model of car selected. My Vigor sedan had standard seating capacity for two passengers in the front and three in the back.

Kaylie of Fort Walton Beach, FL on

MDX is a nice mid size SUV and the RDX offers more seating. The TSX is a smaller sportier sedan. We have the TSX. The dealership also has a lifetime supply on Acura grade cleaner for the exterior and interior as well as superb customer service. Very sleek and stylish. Definitely looks like a luxury vehicle. The leather has not cracked at all and the paint has stayed in perfect condition. You can upgrade pretty much anything from upholstery to wheels to the technology inside the car. Bluetooth aux output plus Bluetooth ability to hook up and play music without any cords. While other models of Acura may be roomier we chose the TSX. We bought it fully knowing that there was not going to be much room. One kid fits well in the backseat with maybe one additional person.

Jay of Gig Harbor, WA on

Acura has SUVs, sedans and different varieties of them and they are pretty well laid out. Pound for pound it is one of the best luxury values in the market hands down, and I am overall very satisfied with my purchase. There are a lot of personalization options for the average buyer but the price points are the main issues. Since it is luxury the options are priced accordingly and if you are on a budget, can break or exceed it. The car has a gorgeous interior and is a pretty car. It is very modern with a lot of technological innovation. You have options for leather or less luxurious interiors but it is all well done and nice. The car is generally pretty roomy and comfortable. It is not a bed or your favorite chair but as far as driving from place to place it is a good seat, and certainly more comfortable than lower end brands and things like airplane seats.

Melissa of Malden, MA on

Leather seats, heated seats, GPS, moon roof, 6 disc player, power windows, power locks, automatic and manual 6 cylinder, rides smooth, radio sounds really good and loud. Acura is generally a good looking car and it gets a lot of compliments and it's not that bad in the snow. The passenger capacity holds about the driver which is 1 and then the passenger up front is 1 then the back holds at least three people so the car holds about five people.

Jason of Mesa, AZ on

All their cars are nice, reliable power options, great inside and out, last a long time and they have family cars and sport cars depending on your needs. These cars always have looked good and seems to get better with time. The features have got better over time, better radios, better interior design and power everything. At the dealership you can customize your car with tinted windows rims, also custom colors you can change out the interior colors and you can add TVs. Depending on the model of the vehicle you purchased you can sit anywhere from a two-seater to a full-size family vehicle just depends on the preference of your family.

Joseph of Downey, CA on

Acura has a few varieties but I only like a couple. I like the EX and LX models. I also like the 95 body style but it is very hard to find. It is my dream style of car. The features are good. The Sirius radio is a plus. Also the ability to see while backing up comes in handy on long nights. I love the interior because it is easy to keep clean and keep up the blue tooth connect is also a plus. The upgrades are cool. The capacity is well suited for the family of 4 that I have. The trunk space is actually bigger than it looks from the outside. It is very convenient on long trips to Texas and other places.

April of Olive Hill, KY on

Acura offers sedans (large and smaller sizes), 2-door hatch back, and SUV models good for a range of family types and vehicle uses. They're mid priced luxury cars. The Acura I purchased was a sporty 2 door model with a hatchback. It had features for adjusting the handling. I thought the round headlights on the Integra looked cool, too. Acura offered a variety of trim levels. There were options for radio, CD player or 6 CD changer, upgraded speakers. Some were offered in packages, such as wheel upgrades and performance tires. Acura has auto types equipped for 2-6 passengers. You can select the car that fits your needs the best, from sport models to SUVs. I was single when I purchased my sport model.

Nate of Minneapolis, MN on

Acura provides a number of different vehicles to choose from, from sport sedans to luxury SUVs. They offer mid to high range vehicles that are tightly tuned and a blast to drive. Acura vehicles all look very sharp, with trim features you'd expect to see on a luxury car. The trim lines are sleek and the headlamps make the front end look stylish. However, they don't give a lot of options to upgrade, but most features already come standard. A technology package is usually available which usually gives navigation and a few extra bells and whistles. Depending on the model, you can expect ample interior space for passengers and cargo. Some of the smaller sport sedans may sacrifice rear leg room, but this is expected in this type of model. The SUVs are spacious.

Anthony of Seattle, WA on

There was a lot of variety, and tons of different types of cars to choose from. There were small, large, and medium cars everywhere you looked. There were tons of cars that looked nice. Not only were they affordable and the cars had specs worth buying, they all looked incredible. The cars all looked like they were the best of the best, and there are no bad cars in the mix. Also, the upgrade and personalization options were extremely vast, and you can do as much as you want to the car. Furthermore, the brand's passenger capacity was massive. There is no other brands that has this much passenger capacity. I would recommend this to anyone, even my parents, family members, or friends!!!

Joshua of Canal Winchester, OH on

Although Acura does not have many models, they produce much more reliable and long lasting cars because they have more time to focus on perfecting the few models they do have. I love the sporty yet calm look of Acuras. They keep a very stylish and sleek looks while also not skimping on comfortability and nice up to date technology. They have many upgrades and personalization options that should please any consumer, from color to the latest gadgets/technology. You will not be disappointed! Acura has always been very comfortable and passenger friendly. Three people can fit very comfortably in the back and they leave everyone enough leg room!

Kacy of Breaux Bridge, LA on

I have the Acura TL model, which is a sedan. There's an Acura MDX which is the sport utility vehicle and also the Acura LX which is the full sedan. This car is so sporty and cute! It's definitely an eye catcher! It is mid size but has plenty of room! Its interior is cozy yet roomy! It has a navigation system if recommended and the style is superb! On the Acura TL you can add a rear spoiler which gives it more of a sporty look. Also you can add a navigation system with satellite radio available along with roadside help availability! The passenger capacity is suffice! There is plenty of leg room whether your short or tall, small or big! Your seats are also adjustable so however your comfortable, this car makes it easy!

Dallas of Salt Lake City, UT on

I love the car that I have because it is fast, quality, and fun. It has a good radio, a good size trunk, and has a lot of space in the car so that you are comfortable and don't feel squished, and that was another big factor in choosing this car. The AC and heater also works really well. They didn't have a lot of upgrade options but I think that I got a good value for the car. The price is a big reason that I choose this car.

Rob of Mankato, MN on

The Cars for Credit lot is a great place to go for any type of consumer. They are very easy to deal with even without much of a down payment. The design of teh car is much more stylish than past years but maintains the durability and functionality. A great brand for anyone interested in a quality automobile. You can get a lot of additional great features for customized personalization. They do everything possible to maintain quality. There is plenty of leg and head room for all the passengers to ride comfortably. A great overall ride.

Laura of Franklin, OH on

Whether you're looking for a car with speed and lots of power or a family car, Acura has what you are looking for. They have any variety you could think of - minivans, compact cars, coupes, SUV. They include navigation systems, internal and outer cameras so you know you have a safe distance from others. You can personalize and add more options to your car such as style, color, extras included. They also have a lot of options for the right car for you. Whether you need lots of space or just a little, they have it all. I have 3 kids so I needed something with lots of space and I found exactly what I was looking for. Love these cars. Very stylish and safe family cars. Very minimal to no problems. Would highly recommend.

Tim of Somerset, KY on

It serves the purpose and really is all that is needed. It is stylish and yet passes safety tests. The car steers well and is smooth on the road. It has a lot of extras on the body and inside. I feel proud to drive it. Sometimes I just get in it and drive just for the pleasure it provides. It is leather on the inside and has a stylish sunroof. Also there are a lot of ways it can be personalized from top to bottom. It can come in several colors and personal choices. The tires can be upgraded along with the stereo system. There are lots of room with a total of five people. The belts and the seats are comfortable. It sits well and has lots of room upfront as well as in the rear.

Gaby of Santo Domingo on

Love the Acura deluxe. The car is beautiful and also has a perfect shine to it. I love the black color interior. It's perfect to go to the beach and does not get wet very easily. It's very big and has a perfect warm seat. It is perfect if you have kids, and the kids and love ones love it. Also the deal I have made for this car is perfect. Did not pay that much. The best machine and engine. The best car for me.

Jeff of Canonsburg, PA on

We were able to see all variations and options at the dealership. A lot to choose from as far if color, size, and body type. We were happy with the choices and the decision we made to purchase. The vehicle was state of the art without being pretentious. We are not status symbol types and just wanted a quality car at a good price. It had sporty appearance which fit our personalities. We got what we wanted without paying over our budget. We are a family of three but always have more in our party. Also, always are hauling something. There is plenty of room for all and all occasions.

Larry of Palm Springs, CA on

The Acura I purchased was sporty and fun to drive. It had all the safety features I wanted as well as most of the options I was looking for within my budget. I had bought a sport coupe, but even with the 2 doors, the back seat had ample leg room for anyone sitting back there. I was pleasantly surprised how roomy the car was. The upgrades I got were rear spoiler, power sunroof, and leather interior. All other options I wanted were standard features with the model I chose. There is a good selection offered by Acura, however, they could diversify their cars a little more. They should offer a more affordable selection of sport coupes.

Bea of Iowa City, IA on

Many models to choose and I liked the way the car moved on the road because the way it drove was colorful and bright and lovely and swerve so really today I will drive to work forever. So many features of this car to deal with. It was so cool to put the windows down and ride around in the fancy car with the leather seats and carpeting to dress up the fur. Got to upgrade all elements with leather seats and heaters and sunroof and satellite radio and automatic windows and trunk space and tires. You can fit so many people in the car. It is almost like you are going to the zoo and take your whole family.

Erica of Bogalusa, LA on

One of the best cars around. Acura offers one the most comfortable, spacious, and trendy car I've seen on the market. Its models remind me of body builders, strong and muscular. Buff appearance and very durable. It appeals to both genders with its sporty models. The mid size sedans can be compared to many luxury cars by being both spacious and appealing to the eye. An Acura can fit an average size family comfortably. I personally have driven the car holding 5 passengers with no problem or space issues. There are many options for upgrading and giving your Acura a personal touch. LED lights are my personal favorite. You can also add things like all weather floor mats and automatic car start for reasonable prices.

Scott of Bristol, CT on

There are a number of models to choose from and they range from the lower, cheaper models to the more expensive models with all the bells and whistles. It is a relatively higher end brand – not going to be on the lower price of cars but there are other brands that are much more expensive. There were a lot of personalization options available but of course they are all pricey but you get what you pay for. Overall I was pretty happy. It is fairly roomy and a little bit bigger than other cars. I am satisfied with passenger capacity.

Mark of Springboro, OH on

I had the four door base model with few features other than the standard package but it felt luxurious to me. The stereo system sounded great. The car felt well put together by the manufacturer. The heating unit was quick to respond after startup. I had the black and when it was polished up would look great at night against the street lights. The all wheel drive made it great for cruising around. I really liked the radio interface. The backseat was also very roomy. I once had three friends in the back for a four hour trip and they were able to survive. There was enough room to make it comfortable.

Lori of North Charleston, SC on

The Acura has a variety of different cars and usually all fuel efficient. When I purchased my car I looked at a variety of Nissans and chose the Acura due to the fuel efficiency of the product. I have a black model and love it. It is shiny and always stays shiny. I like the red color in this car. I did not do any upgrades on my Acura since I was trying to keep the cost down, but many are available. The best one in my opinion is the navigation system. The passenger capacity is also good and sits 5 including the driver. I don't think you can get better than that but I am completely satisfied with it. I am very happy with my Acura.

Acura Company Profile