3.7/5 (1625 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Acura

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Acura Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

The weird part is - Acura and Honda are basically the same company, but Honda customer service seems like the luxury brand and Acura runs like the thrift car brand! I bought a TLX a year ago in Queens, NY with the expressed purpose and peace of mind of their 'certified pre-owned' warranty. I read over the warranty and it stated two things that I needed to know before I purchased:

One - you can take the car to ANY Acura dealership to get your car looked at and/or serviced.

Two - The CPO cars could not have been in an accident!

Well, my car was in an accident, but since it was shown as a fender bender on Carfax, I figured it should not be a problem. I later put some side moldings on my car and that was when I spotted uneven rear doors! I also noticed the trunk lining was not put into place perfectly. The inside looked clean and almost new, although I did noticed the side airbag screw cover looked as if it had been replaced...

To try to make a year long story short, the low down criminal Acura dealer in Queens, NY (I would look the other way - if not at another brand!) treats you as if you never existed after they get your money! No email replies, they won't return phone calls and they will NEVER connect you to the service department! You literally have to show up in person and make demands! As busy and as crowded as those streets are, you would think that they would try to resolve each issue over the phone to prevent more traffic, but they don't care.

I took my car to them to get the bumpers repainted to actually match the car, but I had to call Acura headquarters (who are useless) to facilitate the issue. They repainted them but left my car with a lot of scratches and dust inside and outside of the car. I called Acura about it going back to around April of 2022 and they give the same ** as the dealership. I had gone to other dealerships looking for warranty service - but only to LOOK into a concern. I got the CPO car specifically for the purpose of peace of mind if the dealership lied about the condition. It is a real pain to get anything done with Acura.

I have been contacting Acura in CA for months over this issue, sales cons with Acura dealers on parts that I didn't need, and of course - not being able to get this warranty satisfied, which amounts to FRAUD on the part of Acura - not the dealerships - but the Acura brand! I tell Acura this, they tell me that they cannot make dealers do anything and that I would have to deal with them. Dealers don't just sell cars of a particular brand on their own, they must follow rules.

Acura said that the warranty had its own 3rd party rules - then I had to remind them that it was Acura's CPO warranty! They kept trying to play the sames games that the dealerships played, twisting your words, playing stupid and trying to do everything to get out of responsibility! I told these bozos that this is my 6th Honda/Acura car and this will be my LAST! Again, it is longer than this, but the point is, Acura has committed fraud in not honoring its warranty but getting you sold on a CPO by emphasizing the CPO warranty!

About one year of stringing me along (After I contacted Japan), they would call me countless times to talk about it and my claim that I should be entitled to the difference of what I would have paid with buying it from a non-Acura dealer without their ** warranty, that each time they made me feel as if they were going to take care of me, only to take back each offer with each call, finally giving me their behinds to kiss! No more Acura or Honda for me! I guess I might try European, and I will make sure that I do my part to discourage as many people as possible from getting suckered into buying a USED Acura!! If you want one - buy from anyone BUT Acura or Honda!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

My Acura RDX 2021 was stolen but seems that is not a big concern at Acura since is one of the top SUVs that is stolen daily, I have learned that they have a very week security system. My car was stolen in few mins during daylight and same happened to my friend as well with the same model. I was able to recover it but with huge damages inside when the car was inspected at Acura. The problem is there no parts to fix the car and the dealer mentioned that they have 6 months car sitting waiting for parts.

Called Acura to stop the lease payment until it’s fixed but they mentioned is not possible, asked for replacement car since the insurance will give only one month but they mentioned they don’t have any cars to give and I just need to wait for whatever it takes to be fixed! Horrible service and communication that no one cares regardless it’s expensive car. I still can’t believe that they don’t offer courtesy car. They asked me also to install Sherlock and pay for it while Acura should cover this cost knowing it’s their issue. I really regret that I leased this car and never use this brand again!!!!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Never buy any warranty for your car because you will never be able to use it. Every time I brought my car to the dealer, I have to pay out of my pocket. I really regret that I bought the extended warranty, it’s a waste of 5000$. The car is good but it uses up lots of gas. I really hate the automatic Idle Stop, it destroys the battery quickly and it’s so annoying to disable this option EVERY time you sit on your car. The manufacturer made it in order to ruin your car so that you will need their service soon. To the Acura manufacturers: please take that @ button away. Why don’t you make it disable as Default? I definitely won’t buy Acura again if that button is still there.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I purchased an Acura MDX on 4/4/2019 and purchased an extended warranty for it, which is supposed to provide coverage for electrical and mechanical failures in the car. In 2020, we notified our local Acura Dealer (Pleasanton, CA) about an issue we were experiencing. Whenever we remote started the car, the heated seats would no longer operate about 50% of the time. We took videos of this occurring, and the dealer was able to duplicate the problem. They said it was an issue that needed to be addressed by the corporate office, as there was nothing the dealer could do.

I have spent the last two years going back and forth with Acura over this issue, and the matter remains unresolved. At first they said it was operating normally when it did this. They also said they hadn’t heard of this issue before. An internet search revealed numerous online complaints from other customers about this exact same issue. There’s even a service bulletin put out my Acura about this in August, 2017. Bulletin number BTS 161203 Version 3. It states that the front seat heater control unit was suspected to be the culprit.

Acura has refused to fix this issue, so I requested a refund for our extended warranty, which we paid $2695 for. We are experiencing a mechanical/electrical failure of the heated seats to work properly, and Acura has refused to fix the problem. Therefore, we would like a refund for the extended warranty, which was purchased entirely for problems like this.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I have been unable to drive my 2020 Acura MDX for over five months because a replacement motor mount bracket is on national backorder with no ETA available. It is not available in the after-market or used. In desperation, I contacted the Acura Brand Officer for assistance in locating the part or at least providing an ETA so I could make a decision regarding a replacement vehicle. He referred my issue to Acura Client Care. The representative took my information and promised to call back in a week. He did not. When I finally was able to contact him again, he was totally unprepared to speak with me and said he would call back in another week. He did not.

Apparently, this is not an isolated incident. Since then I have read many Acura customer service reviews and many Acura owners have cars sitting because they can't obtain replacement parts and Acura customer service has been unresponsive. I've owned four Acuras and the decrease in quality and customer service is very disappointing.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

I purchased a new 2020 Acura RLX hybrid with all of the bells and whistles. While under 30,000 miles the vehicle has had major issues with the infotainment system, the fuel pump, transmission, and battery. All have required replacements and extensive (months) time at the dealership. On August 13, 2021, while at a hospital in another state, for my mother's surgery, the vehicle failed to start inside a parking garage. Acura's roadside assistance was contacted and they informed me that they were unable to tow the vehicle from a parking garage and I had to find my own towing company. I arranged the vehicle towing, at my expense and had to get a rental car to get home and back. According to Acura's warranty, all of these expenses are reimbursable.

I picked up the car a week later from the dealership just to find that my back seat was missing (the hybrid battery had to be removed to replace the fuel pump). Once I got the seat installed, I went home and filed a claim with roadside assistance. That claim has not been paid or even decided after 7 months. According to Acura's policy, this was supposed to take place within 30 days. I later the transmission failed to work, and I had to have the car towed to the original dealership. I filed a Lemon Law claim as advised by the Acura dealership due to all of the issues with this vehicle through Acura customer service. The claim was opened in September of 2021. The process as listed on the Acura website is a 4-6 week process to obtain a decision. It is now February of 2022 and no action has taken place.

When I call customer service I am informed that it is with a new case manager and the process has to start over. In other words, the first lazy case manager did nothing and they hand it off to the next case manager to start the process over. This is my 3rd Honda vehicle to include a 2019 Acura TLX that is 1 year older than my 2020 RLX. I have always had great experiences with Honda until now. What they have become is a company that no longer values dependable vehicles or great customer service. Even if you are paying over $65,000 for a vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I drive an Acura MDX 2016, great car, and we are a family of Acura obsession. I met with an accident the first week of August 2021 and today it is December 9th, 2021. My car is at the body shop to date since Acura failed to supply the parts for repair (every time the date gets pushed for another month). I have called Acura customer support asking to speak to a supervisor for the past four months. Every time, I was told they were too busy or unavailable (are they unavailable or cowardly behavior by refusing the answer escalated concerns?). Requested for a follow-up phone call NOT an email. However, all I received was scripted generic mail for every call I made. Finally, today spoke to the supervisor, explained all the detail and all I hear is sorry. Now, I have paid over $9000 on rental. The only solution I have received is sorry from Acura. I would refer to Acura's supervisor’s customer service as a meaning of worst customer experience in the dictionary.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

We bought a certified pre-owned 2019 MDX hyrbid in June 2021, and it is a lemon. We've had four breakdowns in less than 2,000 miles worth of driving time, all involving components of the car that should not break down in a vehicle that has less than 30,000 miles on it. The car has been in the shop over 40% of the time we've owned it, and we cannot use it for the thing we bought it for - long family road trips - because it breaks down once every couple of weeks.

On top of that, Acura's customer service has been an absolute nightmare to deal with. They do not respond to any written communications and make it as difficult as possible to try to resolve your issue. We still have not been compensated for the substantial out of pocket expenses we suffered from the first breakdown in July, which was a life-threatening incident that stranded my family away from home for a day.

I bought this car because Acura supposedly has a reputation for great cars and great service. This experience has exposed both of those ideas as lies. Stay far, far away.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Very luxurious ride without the highest costs. Has all the “bells and whistles“ you’d like in a luxury vehicle. Only downside is the cost to upgrade to a tech package that includes built in navigation pkg as opposed to CarPlay where you have to have a good cellphone service.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I purchased a new 2021 Acura TLX on Dec 6th, 2020. Around 7500 miles the car steering rack started to make a noise. I recorded the video and sent it to my local Acura dealership (Vandergriff Acura). They said other Acura had the same issues and I need to get the steering rack assembly changed. The part was back ordered and it couldn't be fixed right away. After 4-5 months of wait the part was back in stock and Vandergriff installed the whole new steering rack assembly. The car at that point only had 14,000 miles.

I took the car back to Vandergriff 3 times because the car wasn't going straight. The first time it was pulling to the left and the next two times pulling to the right. I

then took it to another dealer in my area, Goodson Acura. They performed an alignment for free and said the issue is fixed. I drove the car right after and again the issue was there. The car keeps going to the left. The sensors in the car has be reset and still the car doesn't go straight. I contacted Acura Client Relations and Sue from CA called me back. She called me 3 weeks ago. She mentioned she will call me back and let me know if I can bring the car into the dealership.

Three weeks in and reaching out to her three times already, she hasn't called me back. I am getting frustrated I have a new car and it drives worst than my 2021

Mazda 3. I will never buy a car from Acura again. I will stick with Audi and/or BMW. The contact number for the Acura Clients relationship person is 1-800-999-1009 ext **.

Acura Company Information