3.2/5 (45 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Acura

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Acura Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

My Acura RDX 2021 was stolen but seems that is not a big concern at Acura since is one of the top SUVs that is stolen daily, I have learned that they have a very week security system. My car was stolen in few mins during daylight and same happened to my friend as well with the same model. I was able to recover it but with huge damages inside when the car was inspected at Acura. The problem is there no parts to fix the car and the dealer mentioned that they have 6 months car sitting waiting for parts.

Called Acura to stop the lease payment until it’s fixed but they mentioned is not possible, asked for replacement car since the insurance will give only one month but they mentioned they don’t have any cars to give and I just need to wait for whatever it takes to be fixed! Horrible service and communication that no one cares regardless it’s expensive car. I still can’t believe that they don’t offer courtesy car. They asked me also to install Sherlock and pay for it while Acura should cover this cost knowing it’s their issue. I really regret that I leased this car and never use this brand again!!!!

Original review: April 26, 2022

Never buy any warranty for your car because you will never be able to use it. Every time I brought my car to the dealer, I have to pay out of my pocket. I really regret that I bought the extended warranty, it’s a waste of 5000$. The car is good but it uses up lots of gas. I really hate the automatic Idle Stop, it destroys the battery quickly and it’s so annoying to disable this option EVERY time you sit on your car. The manufacturer made it in order to ruin your car so that you will need their service soon. To the Acura manufacturers: please take that @ button away. Why don’t you make it disable as Default? I definitely won’t buy Acura again if that button is still there.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I purchased an Acura MDX on 4/4/2019 and purchased an extended warranty for it, which is supposed to provide coverage for electrical and mechanical failures in the car. In 2020, we notified our local Acura Dealer (Pleasanton, CA) about an issue we were experiencing. Whenever we remote started the car, the heated seats would no longer operate about 50% of the time. We took videos of this occurring, and the dealer was able to duplicate the problem. They said it was an issue that needed to be addressed by the corporate office, as there was nothing the dealer could do.

I have spent the last two years going back and forth with Acura over this issue, and the matter remains unresolved. At first they said it was operating normally when it did this. They also said they hadn’t heard of this issue before. An internet search revealed numerous online complaints from other customers about this exact same issue. There’s even a service bulletin put out my Acura about this in August, 2017. Bulletin number BTS 161203 Version 3. It states that the front seat heater control unit was suspected to be the culprit.

Acura has refused to fix this issue, so I requested a refund for our extended warranty, which we paid $2695 for. We are experiencing a mechanical/electrical failure of the heated seats to work properly, and Acura has refused to fix the problem. Therefore, we would like a refund for the extended warranty, which was purchased entirely for problems like this.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I have been unable to drive my 2020 Acura MDX for over five months because a replacement motor mount bracket is on national backorder with no ETA available. It is not available in the after-market or used. In desperation, I contacted the Acura Brand Officer for assistance in locating the part or at least providing an ETA so I could make a decision regarding a replacement vehicle. He referred my issue to Acura Client Care. The representative took my information and promised to call back in a week. He did not. When I finally was able to contact him again, he was totally unprepared to speak with me and said he would call back in another week. He did not.

Apparently, this is not an isolated incident. Since then I have read many Acura customer service reviews and many Acura owners have cars sitting because they can't obtain replacement parts and Acura customer service has been unresponsive. I've owned four Acuras and the decrease in quality and customer service is very disappointing.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

I purchased a new 2020 Acura RLX hybrid with all of the bells and whistles. While under 30,000 miles the vehicle has had major issues with the infotainment system, the fuel pump, transmission, and battery. All have required replacements and extensive (months) time at the dealership. On August 13, 2021, while at a hospital in another state, for my mother's surgery, the vehicle failed to start inside a parking garage. Acura's roadside assistance was contacted and they informed me that they were unable to tow the vehicle from a parking garage and I had to find my own towing company. I arranged the vehicle towing, at my expense and had to get a rental car to get home and back. According to Acura's warranty, all of these expenses are reimbursable.

I picked up the car a week later from the dealership just to find that my back seat was missing (the hybrid battery had to be removed to replace the fuel pump). Once I got the seat installed, I went home and filed a claim with roadside assistance. That claim has not been paid or even decided after 7 months. According to Acura's policy, this was supposed to take place within 30 days. I later the transmission failed to work, and I had to have the car towed to the original dealership. I filed a Lemon Law claim as advised by the Acura dealership due to all of the issues with this vehicle through Acura customer service. The claim was opened in September of 2021. The process as listed on the Acura website is a 4-6 week process to obtain a decision. It is now February of 2022 and no action has taken place.

When I call customer service I am informed that it is with a new case manager and the process has to start over. In other words, the first lazy case manager did nothing and they hand it off to the next case manager to start the process over. This is my 3rd Honda vehicle to include a 2019 Acura TLX that is 1 year older than my 2020 RLX. I have always had great experiences with Honda until now. What they have become is a company that no longer values dependable vehicles or great customer service. Even if you are paying over $65,000 for a vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I drive an Acura MDX 2016, great car, and we are a family of Acura obsession. I met with an accident the first week of August 2021 and today it is December 9th, 2021. My car is at the body shop to date since Acura failed to supply the parts for repair (every time the date gets pushed for another month). I have called Acura customer support asking to speak to a supervisor for the past four months. Every time, I was told they were too busy or unavailable (are they unavailable or cowardly behavior by refusing the answer escalated concerns?). Requested for a follow-up phone call NOT an email. However, all I received was scripted generic mail for every call I made. Finally, today spoke to the supervisor, explained all the detail and all I hear is sorry. Now, I have paid over $9000 on rental. The only solution I have received is sorry from Acura. I would refer to Acura's supervisor’s customer service as a meaning of worst customer experience in the dictionary.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

We bought a certified pre-owned 2019 MDX hyrbid in June 2021, and it is a lemon. We've had four breakdowns in less than 2,000 miles worth of driving time, all involving components of the car that should not break down in a vehicle that has less than 30,000 miles on it. The car has been in the shop over 40% of the time we've owned it, and we cannot use it for the thing we bought it for - long family road trips - because it breaks down once every couple of weeks.

On top of that, Acura's customer service has been an absolute nightmare to deal with. They do not respond to any written communications and make it as difficult as possible to try to resolve your issue. We still have not been compensated for the substantial out of pocket expenses we suffered from the first breakdown in July, which was a life-threatening incident that stranded my family away from home for a day.

I bought this car because Acura supposedly has a reputation for great cars and great service. This experience has exposed both of those ideas as lies. Stay far, far away.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Very luxurious ride without the highest costs. Has all the “bells and whistles“ you’d like in a luxury vehicle. Only downside is the cost to upgrade to a tech package that includes built in navigation pkg as opposed to CarPlay where you have to have a good cellphone service.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I purchased a new 2021 Acura TLX on Dec 6th, 2020. Around 7500 miles the car steering rack started to make a noise. I recorded the video and sent it to my local Acura dealership (Vandergriff Acura). They said other Acura had the same issues and I need to get the steering rack assembly changed. The part was back ordered and it couldn't be fixed right away. After 4-5 months of wait the part was back in stock and Vandergriff installed the whole new steering rack assembly. The car at that point only had 14,000 miles.

I took the car back to Vandergriff 3 times because the car wasn't going straight. The first time it was pulling to the left and the next two times pulling to the right. I

then took it to another dealer in my area, Goodson Acura. They performed an alignment for free and said the issue is fixed. I drove the car right after and again the issue was there. The car keeps going to the left. The sensors in the car has be reset and still the car doesn't go straight. I contacted Acura Client Relations and Sue from CA called me back. She called me 3 weeks ago. She mentioned she will call me back and let me know if I can bring the car into the dealership.

Three weeks in and reaching out to her three times already, she hasn't called me back. I am getting frustrated I have a new car and it drives worst than my 2021

Mazda 3. I will never buy a car from Acura again. I will stick with Audi and/or BMW. The contact number for the Acura Clients relationship person is 1-800-999-1009 ext **.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

After 5 years of being a faithful customer, when I bought out my lease the numbers were all over the place, I suspect intentionally. I suspiciously could never find a clear summary of the payoff amount, taxes charged, and all other fees on my account, and when I called for them to clarify they didn't seem to know. I was given a payoff amount, but a higher amount was deducted from my account. Not ok.

When I received the signed bill of sale and title it showed that they'd taken almost $1400 more than the bill of sale said I should have been charged. I immediately opened a case on the transaction with my bank and call Acura. It took several weeks before they got back to me and when they did instead of apologizing and fixing the problem and refunding my money, they dared to argue with me and give me attitude. They admitted they made a mistake on the signed bill of sale so they wanted to send me another one for a higher amount. Every time I pointed out this was their error and not really my problem she corrected me with the word "typo" lol, and then went so far as to accuse me of trying to take advantage of a lower price! I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Aside from the fact that the bill of sale was binding, I explained I already used it to transfer the title and other things, so there's no going back now...She still just argued and accused me, she even said I should have called them to verify the bill of sale amount! Even though the Bill of sale is binding! What world is this? Honestly their defensiveness makes me wonder if this wasn't all an intentional scam. If it was really just an error then when the shoe is on the other foot and they stand to lose money, they really won't stand for it, will they. Funny how that works. Even when I told her I'd already spoke to a lawyer she still got defensive and argued with me. There is no point even talking to them obviously they will not fix their problem, I regret ever buying from Acura. Check and DOUBLE CHECK ALL your numbers with them (especially sales tax!!)

Acura Company Information