2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Acura

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Acura Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Luxury, comfort, power, economy and best dealerships! It's fun to drive and handles well, also looks classy and stylish. The main thing it's made by HONDA, that says volumes. My wife and I took a long car trip and she said this is the first time on a car trip her back didn't get sore. Total Reliability, also MADE IN AMERICA.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

In two years we have never had an issue with the Acura. Other than a little road noise it has been very dependable with more than adequate power and performance. This is a 2017 model AWD with the 6 cyl engine.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

My car is a 2016. I bought it used. It was in excellent condition. The acceleration is lacking somewhat. It has a hesitation problem. But it's a nice looking SUV. It's smaller than the car I sold when I bought this. That was a Hyundai Santa Fe. The Acura has some convenient things. It has a moon roof. It doesn't use a key to start the car. It's a push button. Mine has fully adjustable front heated seats. They are leather. I'd like to have cooled seat because I live in southern Arizona. Overall it's a good car that's a little hard on gas, however.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I own a 2013 Acura RDX AWD tech everything about is perfect. Great power, great gas mileage, comfort and reliability. All the technology it has is endless. Anybody I’ve talked to who owns this car loves it. I look forward to getting in every time. The leather and fit and finish is as good as it gets.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The 2019 Acura ILX runs great, gets good mileage, powerful enough 4 cyl engine. Only drawbacks are particular to me as the CD player does NOT display the song titles or times. Weird. The windshield gets a little fogged up at night in damp weather and will not clear unless the defog blower runs on it for over 5 minutes. Strange clouds of fog seem to be inside the glass as I cannot wipe from inside or outside the windshield. This is my 7th Acura and the first with this issue. But seats are very comfortable. Headroom a bit tight for me at 6"3". Trunk is a bit small.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I bought my 2018 RDX and it's just less than 2 years. The battery died and I replaced it with Autozone which is less than 300 yards from my stop. Now Acura manager at Torrance told me they do not reimburse me. The manager named Steve at Torrance location (he denied to provide me further info about him) said I should have taken my car to an Acura dealer for a battery replacement. I asked him how and he told me to tow the car there (15 miles away). And I have 2 important customers to meet in about 45 minutes.

I explained to him about my situation that I can not cancel my customers. I can not use Uber to leave my car at that neighborhood. The manager named Steve is very impolite. He sounded like 'I don't care, whatever you say, I am not gonna pay you. At some point, he's kind of sound like he just won over some battle'. This is just a battery and I had to go to this rough road. What if some other important part fail? What kind of drama will I (possibly you) have to go thru? I am glad that I was able to make meet my customers. But this Acura client service really irritates me. Acura Manager: Steve (not sure it's real or fake, doesn't care much about my situation). His phone: **

Original review: July 6, 2020

2016 Acura TLX only 69000 miles noise coming from timing belt, after taking to dealership the dealer came back that they don’t know what happened but the noise of coming from one of bully’s rubbing on the cover /camshaft so they will be installing a SHIM, what kind of repair is this? A 2016 acura cover under till 70K warranty. The dealer come back and said this will not be covered even though they will be taking the timing belt off and installing their SHIM. Called Acura. 3 hours on the phone and all they did and will do is give me the run around. Very disappointing with Acura.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I bought new Acura RDX 2015 at the dealership. Acceleration is slow, breaks a bit noisy. Most importantly repeated problems with alternator and battery causing catastrophic failure on the road. Till owning Acura I never had a problem with alternator. In Acura it's a persistent issue. To top it off the dealership next to me Piazza West Chester is probably the worst customer service and competence of any dealership I've had experience with and zero desire to improve anything. That alone would deter me to buy another Acura. I won't be an owner of another Acura. Can't wait to get rid of this one.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Almost all sensors started to give trouble and the car froze on highway. Had to get it towed to Acura Service. Apparently, it was due to a bad Alternator that stopped charging the battery and that in turn froze all electrical systems like ABS, AWD, Power Steering etc. Alternator location is poorly designed - I was told an oil leak on the Alternator was the issue. It costed me $3000. After getting it fixed, I had the sensor trouble within 3 months again! Will never buy or recommend Acura to anyone again.

Original review: May 18, 2020

I have owed 8 Hondas/Acuras in the last 30 years. This time my 2011 MDX is burning oil so I called Acura. They said I was under the mileage needed to have to rings and engine rebuilt but my time had expired so TOO BAD. I asked how they contacted me about this problem as they knew about the other 7 cars I owned. They said, "Oh we contacted you." I asked how since they had my email, phone number and home address. They could not verify they sent anything. They could not even tell me how they contacted me. So I'm going to put on a sandwich board above my car saying "I got screwed by Honda/Acura. Ask me how". If this is customer service I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Acura Company Information