Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

283 Acura Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

The driver side fog light unit fell off. I have been taking care of the car very well and there isn't anything remote in my driving that would have caused it. Multiple pictures were provided to Acura for verification. Acura does not own that the unit failed due to manufacturer fault. Shame on you Acura.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I have 2013 Acura MDX. It was good and smooth when the mileage was about 40000-50000 but after the mileage went higher the transmission got problem, it will shake every time I tried to be from 45-50 mile per hour.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I bought a 2005 AcuraTL and paid cash for my dream car. Within 3 years the dash in my luxury Acura started cracking and finally just plain falling apart. I was heartbroken. I was around 55 years old and bought the car with money my Father left me. I chose the AcuraTL caustic. Was positive it would last until I passed. Well irony took over and I sold the 2005TL because of the dash. My Mom loved my car so she bought a 2006TL but with wood trim instead of my carbon fiber and she had tan interior, I had black.

My Mom passed also and I got her 2006TL. I was sure the dash thing would not happen again. It not only has happened but worse. It only have 54,000 miles on my Mom's 2006TL and my and my Mothers dream car is falling apart. I called Acura and they told me it would cost me 1600.00$. I'm still in shock. I'm gonna be 61 in a couple days and I don't have money for a dash that never should have fallen apart. I believed in Honda (Acura)... I spent a lot. They should replace my dash for free. The car is perfectly maintained and is so pretty except the dash. COME ON ACURA... STEP UP... PLEASE.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I have been giving business to Acura since 2010 and I bought one TL, leased TL/RLX. You could say that I was a loyal Acura customer. Least as I had expected, Acura stole my money and screws me up. When I was leasing the 2014 RXL I signed out auto-payment via my checking account; for fear of continuing charges from my checking account. I asked my bank (Citibank) to stop the auto payment in November, 2015 and I had been sending checks every month since until I traded the 2014 RXL to 2016 RLX in May, 2016 in Acura of Westchester and as usual, the dealer pays off the remain value and I signed a new lease with Westchester Acura. So I thought, and you will think as well, that the 2014 RLX car is left behind me. Lo and behold, in July 2018, I received a letter both from Acura Financial services and collection agency charging me $1651.98.

When I first called Acura Financial service, a man with British accent told me that I did not pay the last month payment (which is strange, even it were true that I did not pay the last payment, it would only be $825.99, not $1651.98). When I called them back again from my vocation on 07/31/18, Acura financial told me a totally different story -- Because Acura overcharged me 3 months (twice of $825.99), I called my bank and the bank reversed the overcharge. Now Acura wants me to pay extra money, when in fact that the dealer had already bought off the older car and I am under new lease over 2 years! Acura had overcharged me more than 3 months and only month even charged me 3 TIMES! That is stealing because by contract, I only authorized Acura to charge me once a month!

Not only that Acura lying to me by saying that they had been trying to contact me during the past 2 years, which is the biggest lie in the world -- because I have never received any mail/call regarding the 2014 RLX until July, 2018 and I have been paying the monthly payment of the 2016 RLX every month. I called Westchester Acura and spoke with the General Manager who was angry as well and states that he will contact Acura Financial Services in the morning.

Regardless what outcome it will be, I have lost trust and confidence towards Acura and would like to share this experience with you guys, especially the potential buyers -- stay away from Acura unless you want to be screwed up and potentially have your credit scores affected negatively and being bullied and discriminated like this! I plan to go to court if this matter is not resolved. Watch out giving business to Acura! Watch your wallet because Acura may steal from you like what they did to me!

Original review: July 23, 2018

DO NOT BUY AN ACURA. I have a 5-year-old Acura with 55,000 - Garage kept. All of the so called leather is coming off the doors and has torn on the side of the drivers seat. I called Acura/Honda "goodwill" department and received a callback today saying it would cost $3600.00 but they will give me a discount and I can pay only $750.00. I have had Lexus, BMW, and a Nissan which were much older and never had a problem with the leather.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Original review: June 28, 2018

Honda Acuras are designed like a luxury car but with a reasonable dollar sign. They ride smooth. The 2008 Acura is compact but sporty at the same time. It's fully loaded, remote start. The color is a deep dark green, with the softest caramel colored leather seats. I love the leather seats. It's a sleek little sedan that looks sporty. I like how when driving, it drives so smooth. It's comfortable for long road trips and has the best gas mileage. But I might change how the cup holders and console are situated. I dislike how the memory setting for the seats work. It memorizes by size not by number. So I program the seat for me and it always goes to my husband's setting first because he is the bigger setting. I am programmed under number one, and he is programmed to number two. I still have to go through his setting before go to mine.

Original review: June 27, 2018

My Acura MDX is a really great car. It was used to us, but was a great buy and is still to this day running smooth. We take it to the dealership for maintenance. But I'd change the exterior color because there are a lot of the same models that are the same color out there on the road and in parking lots. But for a 2004 car, it's awesome. Even in the snow and ice! We always knew we wanted this model, we just had to wait for the right one to come along. They just hold up when taken care of. The interior craftsmanship has held up. Very safe.

Original review: June 23, 2018

This is my first time owning an Acura. My experience with it is a positive one. I love the all the features of the Acura, I enjoy driving my newly purchased vehicle. This vehicle is a luxury suv. It has navigation, XM radio activation, a sunroof, an awesome back up camera, and other amazing features that cater to the drivers need. But I would love for my suv to have a hatch that is motion sensored on the bottom of the car though, so that I can open to back hands free.

Original review: June 22, 2018

The Acura CL is the most reliable car I have ever owned. The only thing that goes wrong is the normal wearing of parts. It's a 1997 car and was totaled once, but I had it towed so a new transmission could be installed and it runs perfectly. For a 1997 vehicle it has automatic door locks so I can lock and unlock the doors from a distance. It also enables you to open your trunk as you approach the car, especially helpful when your arms are full of items. It has a sunroof which is always nice to have. The things that would improve the car are things available in today's cars, like a Bluetooth connection for your cell phone or a GPS that will give you directions. Heated seats would be nice and better speakers for the radio and CD player.

Original review: June 17, 2018

My Acura MDX drives very smooth and has excellent gas mileage. It has wonderful features which assists in driving. The seats are super comfortable and have warmers or coolers in them. It has a great entertainment package which is great for my backseat passengers. It has great sound and I was worried I would have to replace the factory speakers, but it works and sounds great. But I wish there were more functions on the steering wheel to control everything, including volume, bluetooth functions, etc. The power windows could be a little faster when going down or up too.

Acura Company Information