Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Acura

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Acura Reviews

Original review: May 3, 2019

Just leased a 2019 Acura MDX Sport hybrid Technology. I am in love with it. The Active Damper suspension works amazing. Had a 2018 RDX Advance and the ride was not smooth at all. This MDX Hybrid just rides wonderful. I am getting 26MPG regularly, and I am not a light footed driver. While the infotainment is outdated - it sounds like it works better than the new system in the RDX. There needs to be LESS road noise Acura, and the interior dash and other surfaces need to be more luxurious, but overall this SUV is GREAT.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My Acura is a 2012. It started as a lease but I liked it so much I kept it. I have 87000 miles on it and have never needed breaks. There is no rust on the car anywhere. I bought the insurance in case anything went wrong... It appears I wasted my money.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Before I purchased my Acura, I had a VW Passat and although the VW ran good, the upkeep was ridiculous. I had to get breaks and it cost me 1200! The final straw was that the rear privacy screen was broke and would not retract. I hardly ever use it so I was mind blown as to how it would break on its own, even more mind blown when VW said that they couldn’t fix it, only replace for $600. After that, I traded that VW in and purchased my 2008 Acura TL. I have made that car for 11 Years and have never had any major issue, just the normal wear and tear stuff but as far as reliability, they can’t be beat!

I was rear-ended a couple years back and ran into the car in front so I had both rear and front damage. Insurance totaled the car cause it cost more to fix than what it was worth. They paid me $8000 for it and I kid you not, it still runs. I got a new hood and had someone paint and it STILL runs without any issues, even after being totaled and now having over 150,000 miles! Since then, I have purchased at 2017 ACURA MDX and it’s awesome. Fully loaded with all the amenities for thousands less than what you’d get from BMW or Mercedes. You just can’t go wrong with Acura or Honda!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I recently purchased a new 2019 Acura RDX a-spec and have been experiencing continuous issues and malfunctions with the infotainment system. Issues include system freezing, Calls not ending, unable to access navigation or apple car play, System remains on (sometimes all day) when car is shut off. System will shut off while driving and lock out of all functions. Loud screeching over speakers at random. Unable to adjust volume with steering wheel controls, etc. Several of these things I was able to document on video. I was instructed by the service manager to disconnect the battery and allow car to sit for 10-15 min before reconnecting. This sometimes resolves for a short period before the issues resurface again. Not to mention, a step that no owner of a brand new luxury brand vehicle should have to do.

I recently took my car into Acura for service and they ended up keeping the car for 2 days to try and troubleshoot the issues. This is what the Service Rep sent me: "Hey Tony, I got word back from my area rep that he has to cross reference the data with the field engineer to see if they feel like changing the infotainment system will address the concern or not. Some of the symptoms are "known issues" but have not had a fix developed yet, but we want to be sure we exhaust all options." After all that, they were unable to fix or replace anything. I was told that Acura is working on future software updates that they can push out to everyone, but for the time being, there is nothing that I can do. I feel like I bought a lemon that is probably dropping tremendously in value due to these ongoing issues. I would strongly avoid purchasing an Acura RDX and any other Acura with the same Infotainment platform. Acura RDX Owner Tony **

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

2016 Acura tlx transmission jerking. I got this car on May 2019. Certified 2016 Acura tlx. Since 2 trip to dealer. First they say they did a software update and still not good. Still jerk. Now second trip to dealer well got foreman from Acura on a test drive with me. He feel it and in one jerk after one stop sign it was violent so left it in the dealer. After a week they call me and say we went for a drive with case manager and computer plug and everything fine and not able to duplicate plus no code this transmission in. This cars are crap piece of **. Stay away from Acura up to this is resolve. Buy a Lexus.

Anyway now I send a email and tell them I will contact a lawyer because I only have this car for 4 months and this hesitation is awful. Acura relation call me saying the case manager is out of office and he will be calling in a day or so. This is a week later no call so lawyer up as soon I can set with my attorney then will see if is a problem with the transmission or not. I’m done. I will let my lawyer to deal with them. Car is not safe with jerking and hesitation no matter what the ** they say. Honda of America need to fix this problem. Big mistake buying this car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

J have owned this vehicle since 5k miles. The ‘feature’ called engine auto stop has never worked properly, leaving me stranded at intersections countless times. It also drains the battery which Acura refuses to replace annually as a safety assurance. Acura is so arrogant that they claim nothing is wrong with the system and refuses to provide a way to permanently shut it off resulting in a death trap. Would you drive a vehicle whose brakes work 95% of the time with no warning for failure? I think not. I was almost rear ended by a large truck because this piece of garbage feature once again failed. Acura has me take it to a dealer to be told for the second time there was no issue. Do not buy any Honda products with this feature. I believe that the people at Honda hate their customers and want them to die because of this one feature.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Do not think about getting this car. The new Acura redesign has a major problem with the infotainment system causing the Battery to die. There is no fix at this time. The dealer put his hands up and said "I wish I could help but we do not know what to do". Acura corporate admits to the problem, has no solution, won't take the car back and won't waive lease payments until the car is fixed. (Mercedes Benz did that for me.)

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I have a 2015 Acura MDX that I purchased brand new and it has been garage kept ever since. The paint on the roof started to peel and slough off right above the front windshield between the windshield and the sunroof. I contacted the dealership that I bought the car from, and I was informed that this was a factory defect on this model and make car that they were aware of and they had extended the paint warranty. They did tell me that they would repair the defective area and this would take about 7 to 10 day. I asked for a rental or a loaner car but they said that their policy regarding extended warranties did not cover loaners or rentals. Due to this policy, I knew I would have to fork out several hundred dollar to pay for a rental car. Ok, I agreed to bring my car in to have the defect repaired and pay for my own rental.

Three weeks later, when I went to drop my car off at Acura, I was informed by the service manager that there was a possibility that my windshield would break because it would have to be removed to properly fix the defective area. He did tell me that, if the windshield broke, it would be my responsibility and he recommended that in the event that this happened, I should file a claim with my insurance company. They did give me the option to have it painted without removing the windshield but that would void any further warranty on the paint job.

My windshield was in good condition when I brought my car in to be painted. It had two small stars on it that had been previously repaired. The windshield did break during the repair and I was then forced to make a claim with my insurance and paid the $1000 deductible. In the end, I have had to pay my insurance deductible and the cost of a rental car for a week due to a defective paint job by Acura. I am now hoping my insurance company does not penalize me with higher rates.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I purchased a 2008 Acura TL new. The car was well maintained and garage stored. Within several years the perforated leather seats began to split. I had to have them replaced. The car was in great condition otherwise so I spent the money to replace them. A couple years later I noticed a crack on the right side of the dash. The crack grew and has expanded to multiple cracks. I have never experienced this with a car and would certainly not expect it from a brand known for quality and luxury yet when I did an internet search I discovered that it is a common problem with the Acura. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 7, 2019

In November 2018, we purchased a used certified 2018 Acura MDX Advanced (w/ 6K miles). This beautiful MDX was equipped with every bell and whistle imaginable. From November 2018 to May 2019, this vehicle performed perfectly. This is until last week when I took it in for required maintenance, a recall fix and a software update. Now, every time I stop at a traffic light or stop sign, the idle engine stop/start feature kicks in and it's ANNOYING as hell. At a stop, you feel the engine idle down and then when I press the accelerator the engine does a "hard" restart. I thought something serious was wrong with the car. This is NOT a subtle stop and restart, it's very pronounced and noticeable. I immediately complained to the dealership service manager. They said it was performing as expected.

Furthermore, they instructed me to push the activation button to turn feature on and off each time I drive it. I never had to do this before last week. In fact, I told him that when I test drove this MDX, I would have been hesitant to purchase as this feels like an irregularity with the car. I asked them to reverse the software update and they would not. IMO, if this had been occurring in the 7 months prior, then it was discreet and barely noticeable; not now!! I am just sick about this. Warning to others... Google this issue because there are many complaints about it. How can this be economical saving me gas money... Always restarting the vehicle? I am going to wear out the electronic starter. I am so angry.

Acura Company Information