3.22/5
  • 1 star
Based on 99 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Acura

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 17, 2018

247 Acura Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

My wife and I purchased a pre-owned 2017 Acura MDX from a local Honda dealership which was acquired from a Colorado Acura dealership via a regional car auction. The vehicle had only 650 original miles on the odometer and was spotless as well as mechanically in excellent condition. The car now has 3500 miles and the entire family is very impressed with the quality and comfort. Very pleased!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Acura MDX 2016/7: Daughter bought new and with 30,000 miles has had a history of the gears slipping suddenly and the vehicle lurching as a result. It can bring sudden acceleration or loss of or slow power build. This transmission is building enough complaints to put Honda on notice of possibility of safety concerns. YouTube has a live report on the 16 losing power and having to exit highway by coasting to avoid collision. Car must then be shut off to change transmission mode. Safety and reliability at issue by the car owner.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

My experience have left me feeling angry as a consumer. On many sides I have experienced disappointment. I did a trade in 10/12/17. Completed paperwork twice. Finance company originally Wells Fargo, never have I been late with my car note. As of today's date 12/26/17 I don't have resolve with the pay off, nor payment book. I was told that Acura finance company would contact me but to no avail. Early pm today I spoke to manager who said will call back after he get paperwork in his hands. It's 10:11pm. Still waiting. I've tried to be patient. Tomorrow I will have to spend the day talking back and forth with Wells Fargo. PLEASE ADVISE.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I have had three Acura vehicles. The first two vehicles were of good quality, but the third is terrible. From the beginning I've had problem. I've only had it two year, but there are numerous small issues like a bluetooth system that does not work properly, a sound system that is intermittently tinny, windshield wipers that do not function on auto, and other similar small things. I have also had to have the car in for a major repair to the engine because a valve got stuck open. It shifts gears with a significant clunk frequently.

And the parking sensors in the front have now been replaced twice because they start beeping at empty space. I have had the vehicle at the dealership multiple times, but because the issues are intermittent, they cannot find them and therefore cannot repair them. I have now talked to customer relations at corporate Acura multiple times, only to be told that because the dealership can't find the problems, corporate won't do anything. So now I'm stuck with a vehicle that doesn't perform correctly, they Acura can't fix and won't take back.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Very displeased for how Acura does not stand by their product and does not value a repeating customer. I have purchased 4 Acuras in the last 10 years and am sad to say I will not purchase another. In 2010 I bought a 2009 Acura TL and here recently in the past year I have had issues with the rubber seals around all the windows, windshield and around all moldings on the outside of the car. I have explained to the dealership and a customer care manager at Acura Care services what my issues are and that my car is garage kept away from all natural elements. The window moldings have completely melted away leaving an inch gap between the door frame and window on all doors which allows water to fall freely within the door. Also cold/hot air flows into the car due to this so having the air turned on high in either condition is a must.

When Acura Care was contacted and a case was opened I was advised due to the car's age they will not help at all. I asked if the pictures that were taken at the dealership were looked at. They replied that no pictures were seen or sent by dealership but the decision has been made. They will not be able to do anything for me. I again said that it isn't like I have been tampering with the seals or weather stripping but it is literally melting away to the touch and flying off the car as I am driving, again no concern was shown by the Acura Care Case Manager.

Again I have purchased 4 Acura cars but WILL NOT BE DOING SO AGAIN EVER. VERY DISSATISFIED AND SAD TO KNOW THAT ACURA DOES NOT STAND BY THEIR PRODUCT! I have a 98 Ford F-150 that stays in the TEXAS heat 365 days of the year and have never experienced this or anything near this on it. Yes it is a 09 but just barely has over 100k miles on it and is garage kept. Product is faulty and ACURA knows that is why they don't stand by their product or value true customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Experienced total steering failure. Extremely dangerous, apparently a more wide scale problem and they don’t seem to care people could die. Upwards of $3500 to get it fixed! This is on a 4 year old upscale vehicle (Acura TL). This dealer (Hertrich Acura) especially does not care after purchasing 6 cars among me and family. Car was impeccably maintained but if you don’t service the vehicle at their overpriced garage you can forget it. It does have a 109k miles on it but that’s a break in period for other upscale brands! Stay away!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

To the person who got locked out of her Acura with a child in the car: I just did a Honda review and I totally forgot about this issue. I have been locked out of my various Hondas more times than I can recall. First time: I warmed up my car on a -7 day, left it unlocked. Came back 10 minutes later and it was locked. Over the years this has happened so many times, that if I leave my car running (mailbox, warming up/or getting AC to cool car down) I leave the window cracked so I can reach in.

My wife and I are so paranoid that on our newer non Honda's we still do it. I warned her when we first got married and she found out the hard way. Rain, snow, whatever, if I get out and the car is running (no keys), the window is cracked so I can reach in. I would never just leave my keys in the car like we did growing up in the 70's.

With my first Honda (89 Si) I would take my dogs when house hunting (I was single) and leave the AC on and bring my extra set of keys. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR RUNNING (like warming it up away from your spare set) AND NO WAY TO REACH IN. Honda/Acura never fixed this, as I've owned 6 Hondas and they all had the 'self lock problem'. My wife will roll her eyes when I remind her about this.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Upon purchasing my 2015 Acura TLX, I was not told that Acura and Apple iPhones do not play nice with each other. At the time I had an iPhone 5S and now have an iPhone 8 and neither work with my car's hands-free dialing. I have carefully entered contact names and voice tags into my speed dial list but when I speak the name John **, up comes a list of names starting with Mary **. Acura offers no fix. Quite the deal from a so-called luxury care.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

My 2010 MDX 3.7L Engine has been consuming 1 quarts of oil for every 800 miles driven. At 125,000 miles the number 2 cylinder is reading 58 PSI's. The other cylinders are reading 205 with a pressure gauge. The engine is now ruined and I have to replace the engine at 125,000 miles. Honda is aware of the problem and has done nothing. Never a Honda/Acura product again.

Original review: June 18, 2017

Our 2007 MDX was taken in for A/C evaluation. The A/C was repaired but then we were given a list of other items that needed attention: Drive Belt (glazing and cracking), Engine Coolant Dirty, Power Steering Leaking and required new pump, right front stabilizer Links needed replacing. Plus all fluids low and dirty including the transmission and brake fluid. After picking up the vehicle with just A/C service, I immediately drove it over to a reputable repair service that is AAA approved. The only item that would need to be replaced within the next 10K miles or so was the right front stabilizer Links. The mechanic showed us the power steering = no leak, the fluids = clean and full, and the drive belt was perfect. How do dealers get away with this?

Original review: June 14, 2017

Bought a 2017 RDX Advance only to find out that 1/2 the features will not work without purchasing Acura link. Has been almost a week trying to set it up because they put in a wrong email address. It still doesn't work! I have found them to be unhelpful, and incompetent! Hands down my worst car buying experience! Like the RDX. Hate the "customer care".

Original review: May 2, 2017

You would think an auto maker, who endangered the well being of my 2 year old daughter, would be quick to correct the problem of a defect on one of their cars. I took my daughter to the park on a hot day. When we were about to leave, I unlocked all the car doors as usual by placing my hand through the door handle. I opened the back door, placed the bag with my keys on the floor, buckled my daughter in her car seat, closed the door, and went to open the driver's door. All the doors were mysteriously locked. All the doors were unlocked, how could they just lock themselves? Also, with the 2013 Acura RDX, you cannot lock the door with the key fob in the car. I of course began to panic and a maintenance man broke the small window on the side so I could get my daughter out.

Upset, I drove to Center Acura even though it was late in the day. They told me it was too late to check my car, but could look at it next Saturday. I asked how this could have happened and nobody knew. It was almost like nobody believed me. This is a pretty serious defect and I at least thought they could help me out with the cost of the window. Nope, I received a quote for $708 ($228 for the window and $480 for the labor). I then called later to ask if they charge to diagnose the problem. It was $160 just to look at it. Called the Corporation and they basically said it was up to the dealer. I cannot worry about the safety of my children so I am looking elsewhere for a car. BTW, that same window will be fixed for $270.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I have a 2016 RDX. Great car. Drives well. Nice features. But really awful tech that reminds me almost every day that Acura has not been able to fix the multiple IT problems in over a year. Bluetooth will not connect correctly. Car will attempt to make calls (to my phone) intermittently. Goes to "mute" when all screens and audio become non-functional... Overall, I would choose a different brand as IT is so integral to the function of a car now, and Acura has completely failed in my case.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Acura offers quite a very big variety of cars and is my trusted brand so I would highly recommend them when you're looking for a car/truck. I would go to them day/day for cars/trucks. My car is quite the piece from them and they're amazing. They're also very trustworthy. They have their own style and it is beautiful just the way the cars/trucks are.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Acura has various models such as Acura Integra, Acura TDX, and Acura MDX. The Acura TDX is a midsize sedan with midsize tinted windows, the Acura TDX is comparable to an crossover SUV and Acura Integra is ranked as top 37 best cars for teenagers and youth. My car has a nice bumper and strong tires. Upgrade are available, like better tires or a generally better version of the cars. It can be re-painted to another colour and the gas tank can be replaced. It can occupy as large as a family of five to a single individual. It is very spacious and airy. Has good air conditioners. Seat belts are provided for all also at the back. It is affordable and distinct.

Original review: April 5, 2017

Acura almost put the highest quality in their vehicles. They have models such as Acura MDX, RDX, and many more. The appearance is very stylish and the features are great. They come with the latest technology and everything to make your drive comfortable and safe. The upgrades are always top notch and I never have to worry about the quality. The personalization options are the best I have seen. I love being able to customize it the way I want. The passenger capacity is definitely the best. Always enough room for my passengers to have a comfortable ride. I don't have to worry about leg room. I'm very satisfied with the look, performance, price, safety and much more.

Original review: April 4, 2017

Acura is a really nice car, has good quality and it drives great. It also looks great on the outside and inside. It has one of a kind color, has great features and no other cars have classy looking. You can choose from up to date technology and it has great choices for your lifestyle. In addition, it has plenty of room for passengers. I have SUV so I can fit my whole family. There's a lot of room when I go to the grocery shop or store. Overall, it's a great car inside and out. I love this car and I would buy it again. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an awesome car.

Original review: April 3, 2017

When I met my husband, he was driving an Acura TL. We used that car for a long time. It was gorgeous outside. The inside was spacious and comfortable and fit two children's car seats comfortably. We decided we wanted more room in the trunk area because we have to take a lot of kid gear and suitcases when we travel.

We got the Acura MDX. I drive it. It's an SUV, but it's boxy squared off looking. It's more rounded and soft looking like a car. I have mine in a burgundy red. Inside is like a camel tan color leather seats. It has very tinted windows. The built in navigation is really nice. The navigation screen and radio screen is huge and very easy to operate. I like that I can control the radio with the buttons on the steering wheel. There is a third row that folds down. I keep it permanently folded down because we only have two kids. It is easy to fit in two car seats in the second row and would be easy to fit three. On the rare occasion that we do have the third row up it has sat three full sized adults in the third row comfortably. There is also a ton of room in the trunk. When I had to have my car serviced last month we got a loaner car. They gave us the Acura RDX. It's nice, but not quite as nice as the MDX and feels really cramped in comparison inside.

Original review: April 1, 2017

Acura offers affordable luxury models in sedans and crossovers. The TL, the RDX are some of the more popular models they offer. I bought the TSX, which isn't as popular but handles well, came with the standard Acura warranty, spacious interior, and climate control seating. The appearance is sporty. Something that would turn heads on a crowded street. The exterior is smoke grey with a black leather interior. Very impressive. The features are top notch, blue tooth link to cell phone, climate control seating, back up camera, etc. My car seats up to 5 adults comfortably. Some of the other models, in particular the RDX and some Sport Utility models can seat up to 8 adults comfortably.

Original review: March 31, 2017

The car is the best that I have driven. It rides smooth... it's good on gas... and I have not had any problems with the car since I got it. I can fit everyone I need in the car comfortably.. everyone has legroom. I love that I don't have to hear anyone complain about being too close to the other. When you see the car you know it's an Acura. It's unlike any other car I have ever seen or ever driven. I would recommend it to everyone.

Original review: March 30, 2017

Acura has several different models that they offer and they last a long time if taken care of correctly. The colors they offer are great. They have many great features that other models and brands do not offer. All of their makes have more than enough room no matter how tall or big you are. You can have passengers in you car and they would be comfortable with room.

Original review: March 29, 2017

There are different models which suits the need of different people. Inexpensive maintenance cost and nice luxurious interior without the cost of an arm and leg. The Acura has a sleek design and available in many colors. There are many available features with a modern design and technology advanced. Also, there's an easy one push start up to warm up car in advance. Basic feature work fine although there are optimal advance upgraded features. Also, they have cheaper upgrades compared to other brands and the ability to customized based on one's needs. There is enough space for what I need. But would like more leg space without buying a bigger car. Passenger seating is close if sitting in center tier. Overall, worth the cost.

Original review: March 29, 2017

Acura has pretty attractive and sporty models that run pretty well and not too costly. They have sleek bodies and good performance. Overall I am happy with the look and appearance of the vehicle. Upgrades are standard like other brands. The car can be nice to drive with no upgrades but if fully stocked it is a sweet ride. It has a roomy interior and overall comfy compared to other cars and other car brands, not the largest space but definitely enough for a person. Have not had any bad experiences with them. Definitely may recommend for friends shopping for a car.

Original review: March 28, 2017

I purchase an Acura RDX 2017 in Dec. 2016. There is a whining sound when I drive around 60 km/hr. This is quite annoying especially since this the average speed when driving in residential areas. No one seems to know the cause of this sound. Has anyone else experienced this annoying sound. Acura will not give me a replacement vehicle and I only have 588 km on this car.

Original review: March 28, 2017

The Honda Acura had many models including SUVs or sedans. I have an SUV car and it is very convenient for the snow. It handles snowstorms pretty well and is able to get up the hills. The car looks luxurious and has an expensive feel to it. Definitely cheaper than the Lexus or BMW but has many similar car features. The additional higher end features are included in this car. It has many advanced features and upgrades including the sound system, sunroof, Bluetooth accessibility, roof rack, heated seats, GPS, parking cameras in the front and the back. This car seats 5 people including the driver which is perfect for a regular sized family. It is good for vacationing and there is a good amount of leg room when seated fully and no one is really cramped or smushed together.

Original review: March 28, 2017

Acura offers many different options and MDX is a good one. It's the only we looked at. I knew I wanted an SUV with all the bells and whistles. I think I got everything FBI was looking for in a new vehicle. It has a pretty sporty appearance too and the options are far better than the average vehicle. First time I've owned an Acura and so far it's been a good car. It is roomy and it has the 3rd row seating. I like it because I have to haul extra kids around or put them In the back so I don't have to hear them.

Original review: March 27, 2017

I loved the car and I was very happy with the interior. The stereo sounded great and the seats were comfortable. My two kids are comfortable enough in the backseat with all of their accessories. Three people could also sit back there. The trunk is roomy enough as well. However, anytime I go to buy a car from Acura the colors available are very limited. I'm not patient so I drive away with a bland color. Every time I tell myself going in that in nor selling for less than I want but I always do. My car also came with the basics, but I could have paid extra to get a remote starter and an alarm system.

Original review: March 27, 2017

For a first time buyer I find it reliable and luxurious compared to other I tested drive. At first I must admit I was a bit hesitant on purchases because, originally my first two choices were BMW or a Chrysler. I test drive them both, the BMW was M3. Was enjoyable but it was missing something and Chrysler I thought would eat up a lot more gas and less comfortable. So when my last option I was hesitant but when I tested it. I felt right there this was it the one I would buy.

Beautiful interior design but it could be a bit more glamorous. It's not as nice as a BMW but it's great for a first time buyer. Somewhat roomy depending on size and weight of individual. I do unfortunately have a friend is a bit heavyset who seats in the passenger seat to have more room but even pushing back seat is not enough, so it would be nice to have more legroom for heavyset people.

The stereo is wonderful and car floats as if I am flying. Very spacious whether going shopping or traveling out of town. It's very roomy for luggage or my purchases. I'm also have many envious friends who want my car because of the comfort it has compare to theirs. The air conditioner and heater are wonderful. Not to mention the stereo to plug in your phone or MP3 are topnotch compared to other models. But one of the best would be GPS which is one best feature in the car.

Original review: March 26, 2017

The price and the accessories inside the cars, including the interior design separates this brand from the others. The thing that made me choose this brand is the affordable prices of the personalized accessories in the car. I really liked how they gave me a wide variety of choices. I also like the exterior design. They come in many different colors and models like the NSX, MDX, RDX, and TLX models. I think the number of choices was desirable and I had a good experience choosing my car. Also, the number of seats is adequate, not too small and not too large. And there is also enough trunk space. I can fit most of the stuff I need to in there.

Original review: March 26, 2017

I love this car, new or used, they are great cars to own and enjoy. The Acura TSX Navi is a great family car. It has enough room for two car seats and another person in the back. It also has spacious legroom all around and expansive trunk space with enough room to haul two strollers and an army of baby items. Excellent gas mileage and beautiful colors make the Acura the perfect car for anyone. Heated seats and mirrors are fantastic in cold weather. The car was also upgraded to a moonroof. Sirius radio was also an added bonus along with navigation. From family models to sports models, Acura cars are fun to drive and luxurious enough to satisfy the pickiest person!

Acura Company Information

www.acura.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use