Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

Acura

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

291 Acura Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

My Acura is a 2012. It started as a lease but I liked it so much I kept it. I have 87000 miles on it and have never needed breaks. There is no rust on the car anywhere. I bought the insurance in case anything went wrong... It appears I wasted my money.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Before I purchased my Acura, I had a VW Passat and although the VW ran good, the upkeep was ridiculous. I had to get breaks and it cost me 1200! The final straw was that the rear privacy screen was broke and would not retract. I hardly ever use it so I was mind blown as to how it would break on its own, even more mind blown when VW said that they couldn’t fix it, only replace for $600. After that, I traded that VW in and purchased my 2008 Acura TL. I have made that car for 11 Years and have never had any major issue, just the normal wear and tear stuff but as far as reliability, they can’t be beat!

I was rear-ended a couple years back and ran into the car in front so I had both rear and front damage. Insurance totaled the car cause it cost more to fix than what it was worth. They paid me $8000 for it and I kid you not, it still runs. I got a new hood and had someone paint and it STILL runs without any issues, even after being totaled and now having over 150,000 miles! Since then, I have purchased at 2017 ACURA MDX and it’s awesome. Fully loaded with all the amenities for thousands less than what you’d get from BMW or Mercedes. You just can’t go wrong with Acura or Honda!

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I purchased a 2019 Acura RDX. EPA standards, it should receive 22 city/27 highway. I have curtailed my driving to TRY and get anything higher than 22 and am not able to achieve it. My commute is 30% city and 70% free traveling highway, so I should easily be able to consistently achieve 22. Currently, sitting at 20. I have read a ton of reviews and anyone that pays attention is complaining about the same misrepresentation of the MPG. Also, the Android Auto was a part of my sales pitch in November 2018. It's mid-January 2019 and it's still not released.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Would not recommend Acura/Honda to anyone! They are the worst. I purchased a 2018 Acura MDX in Aug 2018 from Paragon Acura and I have been having problems with the vehicle since September 2018. First the car would not move when I put it into reverse or drive. When I finally got it to move it started making a grinding noise. I took it to Island Acura and they said my transmission is overfilled with transmission oil. They drain it to the right level. When leaving I heard a winding noise coming at low speed and decelerations. Took it back to the Island Acura and they said it's coming from the transmission and front diff. They refused to work on the MDX bc I did not buy the car from them and said I have to take it back to where I bought it from.

I took it back to Paragon Acura and they kept my MDX for over 3 weeks and did not resolve the issue instead they caused more of an issue. They return my MDX with damages. When I reach out to Paragon about the situation they said they will contact me back within 15 mins and they never did. I had to reach out to them the next day. I contact Acura cooperate and them seem to not care at all. My car only has 2200 miles and it dont seem to be a problem with them. Still have transmission problems. My quarter panel, rear bumper, front bumper, driver door, and inside the front door jam have to be painted. Plus my car is filthy with some interior damages. I also received a parking tickets while my MDX was in for service at Paragon Acura. This is the worst car company I have ever dealt with. DONT EVER GET A HONDA/ACURA PRODUCT! NOR DEAL WITH PARAGON ACURA!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

BUYER BEWARE! I bought the 2019 RDX about 5 months ago and just brought it back to the dealer for the 3rd time for the same electrical problem. Apparently I found out today that Acura was well aware of the situation however, let the dealers sell the cars with this defect. The dealer and Acura, who dealing with is a nightmare (Acura) stated a patch to the software had to be created to stop the problem. So why would they sell a car that they knew had a defect? So have a "case" open with Acura. I don't even want the IT anymore and will be bringing this to the attention of the WFSB - Channel 3 Eyewitness News so that we can make this misrepresentation known to the public (in Connecticut) anyways.

There were 7 other RDXs in the lot waiting to get repaired - I don't know if it is for the same reason but what does that tell you when you see 7 2019 cars needing to be repaired. Don't say you have not been warned. This is totally unacceptable and the customer service is horrible from Acura. My case manager does not return calls and when I spoke with a so called supervisor at Acura she states, "Well you need to deal with your case manager, I don't do that." So what exactly does a supervisor do? This is a nightmare!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Looking for others that own an Acura with similar issues. The paint on both the front and rear bumper of my 2017 Acura RDX ripples. Sub-standard plastic in the bumpers or new water base paints cannot stand up to the sun?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I leased a new 2018 Acura ILX, with 20 miles on the car. Drove home, and fitting and finish is below average at best. No spare tires, very cheap. After 2 weeks. the fuel gauge is still at full level, added a tank full of gas, well, it still shows full :-), contacted Acura client service, they suggest to tow the car to dealer for repair, called dealer, told to local Honda dealer for help? Don't lease Acura ILX like me, because I have to drive around to dealer, waste all the miles and plus the time to get a new car fixed. The car is louder, rough at low speed and they want 30000 dollars for it. Is this what Acura has become?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Called Acura when I got flat tire this morning. It is now 3 hours later they just arrived. There was no spare in car. No Acura emergency service like other brands such as Mercedes and Lexus. Very little help for person who does not know how to handle the problem. We own three Acuras. Never again will I buy one. With Mercedes or Lexus you call and they come get you and car. They repair. None of this arguing for a tow truck. No need for a million explanations. They just lost my family’s business. What a shame.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

The driver side fog light unit fell off. I have been taking care of the car very well and there isn't anything remote in my driving that would have caused it. Multiple pictures were provided to Acura for verification. Acura does not own that the unit failed due to manufacturer fault. Shame on you Acura.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I have 2013 Acura MDX. It was good and smooth when the mileage was about 40000-50000 but after the mileage went higher the transmission got problem, it will shake every time I tried to be from 45-50 mile per hour.

Acura Company Information