2.47/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 10, 2018

255 Acura Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 10, 2018

I have bought an Acura ILX July last year and in January the transmission broke! February they had to replace the battery twice, in March they had to replace the starter... and today the car would not start. I have been trying to talk to Acura saying that the car is beyond repair and that I don't need a buyback, only give me car that is not a "lemon"... the case manager keep saying that he is trying something but cannot guarantee anything!!! So I would not recommend anyone to buy an Acura, specially ILX.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I got RDX 2018 model. I mainly tells what this lacks compare to other non-suv models. I expected decent options when I say word Acura or luxurious model. Rear passenger leg room is so small, my old Toyota Camry got much larger leg space. Acura provided two 12 v chargers. Guess what, they are cigarette lighting chargers. If any passenger want to charge their phone, they need to buy compatible charger. What a life! No power windows for passengers. No telescopic steering wheel, means no adjustments. Now, good things about this one, smooth transmission ride, power steering control, vehicle stability, and its sleek look and design suggestion, compare option from similar vehicle class and buy!

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2018

My exterior door panels have warped 3 separate times and now the 4th time. Acura (2015 Acura RDX) has a defective material and now fails to stand behind their product. This has also happened to my 2016 Honda Accord. I know numerous people that own the same products and they too have warped panels. Acura will not stand behind their product. I am so finished with this company. I own 3 Acura’s and a Honda! I’m finished with them.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Vehicle Mileage: 17997. Description: I recently purchased (5/24/2017) a 2016 Acura ILX. I'm very disappointed to say the least. This car is expensive and Doesn't even offer a satellite radio. Also when driving I can't access my phonebook to make calls. I have to pick up my phone to call a number. I can only use voice call to call 15 stored speed dial numbers instead of being able to say call "whomever". What's the purpose of hands free when this car doesn't offer that. Also the name doesn't appear when a call comes through. Even though the contacts are downloaded into the system. I had all of these options in my Elantra before trading it in on what I thought would be better for me. A mistake I made because clearly more money doesn't mean better. Could this please be fixed??

I'm so upset about my purchase and wish I could trade a brand new ILX back in for an Elantra that offers better quality. The phone system needs to be fixed in the ILX. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone. Thank you for your time. I've actually reached out to the CEO and he forwarded me to a representative whom was NO HELP. I actually asked them if they could upgrade this data system in the car or buy back their overly priced basic car... I'm still stuck with this Car for 3 years.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Dealership totaled my car while in for repair and tried to hide it, they tried to "pay me off" not to leave reviews. 9/5/17 I received a call from the service department saying my car was involved in an incident at the shop that they had found that morning. I was told that they were unsure the extent of the damage at that time. I sent my mom down to get important papers out of my glove box as I was unable to get there. When she arrived, she found someone still working on the car and she opened the glove box to it full of water rushing out like a fish tank being dumped over. The next day I went down to the dealership to see my car myself and speak to management. We met with George who promised to bend over backwards to help me.

I was continually pushed aside and treated like I was a nuisance. Once their insurance finally claimed it a total loss (over a week later) I then was left to do all the work, I had to fight for 104 days to get my car paid off. This was daily calls and emails and hundreds of hours of work. When it came time to get me into a new vehicle I was shuttled back and forth between salesmen (who were all friendly but couldn't help) and the 2012 that was comparable to my MDX was sold before I could get there to see it the next morning.

I was hopeful they'd cut me a great deal on a replacement vehicle for all I'd been through but alas all I got was a lousy $1000 off the price (something anyone could haggle down) and still paid over blue book, and 15% off floor mats and I had to pay for moldings to be put on to cover all the scratches on the passenger side. To get the $1000 off I had to fight for $250 of it and was told by Gene **, "Fine if it's a fight over $250 I'll do it just to get you done and out of here." He was incredibly rude to me and honestly I shouldn't have proceeded with the purchase of the new car especially since the only viable option was a 2015 MDX that now costs me an extra $150 per month and I had to start payments all over again.

Once my car was paid I reached out to the dealership to try to work out some compensation for my time and losses like new tags, paying double insurance while I fought to get my car paid off, and interest accrued during that time. I sent a certified letter to George, and Gene called me in return, I asked to hear from George who refused to contact me and I never heard from again. I then put a complaint in with the BBB because I was receiving no response. George blank told the BBB they bent over backwards to help me and there was nothing more they could do.

I then contacted Acura corporate directly (who were wonderful by the way) and they couldn't believe how I had been treated and they tried to help me. They arranged a call with the dealership which was between me, Acura and Gene. Gene again was not very friendly in his tone and took no responsibility for what had happened. His apology is, "We are sorry this happened, and that WE'VE had to deal with this." He finally offered me some compensation for my loses. $1000 with the stipulation that I leave no negative reviews and do not discuss the dealership negatively. And 3 years free oil changes (no way would I bring my car back to them).

I refused his offer because I believe people need to know that while I was fighting the insurance I found out from their own tech and from their incident report I had to collect, MY CAR WAS ACTUALLY TOTALED 4 DAYS PRIOR TO THEM CONTACTING ME AND THEY TRIED TO HIDE IT!! I've collected thorough documentation on all the events that occurred, and it is now my mission to warn people about this dealership's poor business practices. There are good people that work there that if they could have would have helped me more; these people are Bob **, Chris ** and Matt in sales.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I leased a 2016 Acura TLX V6 AWD approximately two years ago, I finally traded it in recently: I attempted to address several issues that were not rectified to my satisfaction: 1. Transmission shifting issues, abrupt shifts and downshifts as if you are being rear ended. Dealer supposedly updated software, issue remained unresolved. 2. iPhone Bluetooth issues with new iPhone. Contacts do not populate, had issue for four months and was never resolved, they blamed Apple for the issues. 3. Brake rotors warped after close to a year and leads that 13k miles, they blamed my driving, had to pay to get them resurfaced. 4. Brake calipers rusted, cosmetically unappealing, I was told it does not affect performance even though they look horrible through the big alloy wheels.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I purchased Acura Care for my Acura MDX. The engine failed and it took 76 days to replace. Acura Care attempted to put a 60,000 mile engine back in my vehicle but I prevented it. They finally had the Walser Acura dealership install factory parts, but they delayed the process for two months. I am extremely dissatisfied with the level of customer service, care, and professionalism offered throughout this experience. IF I would have signed a "forever discharge" release, they would have made my car payment while it was in the shop. Since I would not sign, they withdrew their "goodwill gesture". Acura, American Honda, Acura Care and the Walser Acura dealership left me very disappointed that a luxury automobile company would treat their customer in such a manner. If I could rate them lower than 1 star I would. I would not recommend purchasing Acura Care for your next purchase if you choose to take your chances with an Acura.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I was considering leasing another MDX at the end of this lease as my car (2016 Acura MDX) has two months to go however have reconsidered as too many problems. 50% of the time my phone won't connect yet it has no problem with that in other cars that we have rented on trips over the last 3 years. The memory steering wheel and seat which can be set to the driver works again sometimes but most the time have to manual set them each time I get into the car. These two problems over the almost 3 years I've had the car have not been solved by the dealership and are quite annoying in a car costing $60,000. Recently the cruise control has gone out and the lane keeping has gone out also... Seems a bit over the top considering the car only 20,000 miles on it. It's a shame as like the way the car drives but when this lease is up in two months I will not be getting another Acura MDX.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Acura RL has great reliability and is beautifully done inside and out. Keeps its resale value, can be suited for female or male drivers and very low maintenance.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

My wife and I purchased a pre-owned 2017 Acura MDX from a local Honda dealership which was acquired from a Colorado Acura dealership via a regional car auction. The vehicle had only 650 original miles on the odometer and was spotless as well as mechanically in excellent condition. The car now has 3500 miles and the entire family is very impressed with the quality and comfort. Very pleased!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

My experience have left me feeling angry as a consumer. On many sides I have experienced disappointment. I did a trade in 10/12/17. Completed paperwork twice. Finance company originally Wells Fargo, never have I been late with my car note. As of today's date 12/26/17 I don't have resolve with the pay off, nor payment book. I was told that Acura finance company would contact me but to no avail. Early pm today I spoke to manager who said will call back after he get paperwork in his hands. It's 10:11pm. Still waiting. I've tried to be patient. Tomorrow I will have to spend the day talking back and forth with Wells Fargo. PLEASE ADVISE.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I have had three Acura vehicles. The first two vehicles were of good quality, but the third is terrible. From the beginning I've had problem. I've only had it two year, but there are numerous small issues like a bluetooth system that does not work properly, a sound system that is intermittently tinny, windshield wipers that do not function on auto, and other similar small things. I have also had to have the car in for a major repair to the engine because a valve got stuck open. It shifts gears with a significant clunk frequently.

And the parking sensors in the front have now been replaced twice because they start beeping at empty space. I have had the vehicle at the dealership multiple times, but because the issues are intermittent, they cannot find them and therefore cannot repair them. I have now talked to customer relations at corporate Acura multiple times, only to be told that because the dealership can't find the problems, corporate won't do anything. So now I'm stuck with a vehicle that doesn't perform correctly, they Acura can't fix and won't take back.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Very displeased for how Acura does not stand by their product and does not value a repeating customer. I have purchased 4 Acuras in the last 10 years and am sad to say I will not purchase another. In 2010 I bought a 2009 Acura TL and here recently in the past year I have had issues with the rubber seals around all the windows, windshield and around all moldings on the outside of the car. I have explained to the dealership and a customer care manager at Acura Care services what my issues are and that my car is garage kept away from all natural elements. The window moldings have completely melted away leaving an inch gap between the door frame and window on all doors which allows water to fall freely within the door. Also cold/hot air flows into the car due to this so having the air turned on high in either condition is a must.

When Acura Care was contacted and a case was opened I was advised due to the car's age they will not help at all. I asked if the pictures that were taken at the dealership were looked at. They replied that no pictures were seen or sent by dealership but the decision has been made. They will not be able to do anything for me. I again said that it isn't like I have been tampering with the seals or weather stripping but it is literally melting away to the touch and flying off the car as I am driving, again no concern was shown by the Acura Care Case Manager.

Again I have purchased 4 Acura cars but WILL NOT BE DOING SO AGAIN EVER. VERY DISSATISFIED AND SAD TO KNOW THAT ACURA DOES NOT STAND BY THEIR PRODUCT! I have a 98 Ford F-150 that stays in the TEXAS heat 365 days of the year and have never experienced this or anything near this on it. Yes it is a 09 but just barely has over 100k miles on it and is garage kept. Product is faulty and ACURA knows that is why they don't stand by their product or value true customers.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Experienced total steering failure. Extremely dangerous, apparently a more wide scale problem and they don’t seem to care people could die. Upwards of $3500 to get it fixed! This is on a 4 year old upscale vehicle (Acura TL). This dealer (Hertrich Acura) especially does not care after purchasing 6 cars among me and family. Car was impeccably maintained but if you don’t service the vehicle at their overpriced garage you can forget it. It does have a 109k miles on it but that’s a break in period for other upscale brands! Stay away!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

To the person who got locked out of her Acura with a child in the car: I just did a Honda review and I totally forgot about this issue. I have been locked out of my various Hondas more times than I can recall. First time: I warmed up my car on a -7 day, left it unlocked. Came back 10 minutes later and it was locked. Over the years this has happened so many times, that if I leave my car running (mailbox, warming up/or getting AC to cool car down) I leave the window cracked so I can reach in.

My wife and I are so paranoid that on our newer non Honda's we still do it. I warned her when we first got married and she found out the hard way. Rain, snow, whatever, if I get out and the car is running (no keys), the window is cracked so I can reach in. I would never just leave my keys in the car like we did growing up in the 70's.

With my first Honda (89 Si) I would take my dogs when house hunting (I was single) and leave the AC on and bring my extra set of keys. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR RUNNING (like warming it up away from your spare set) AND NO WAY TO REACH IN. Honda/Acura never fixed this, as I've owned 6 Hondas and they all had the 'self lock problem'. My wife will roll her eyes when I remind her about this.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Upon purchasing my 2015 Acura TLX, I was not told that Acura and Apple iPhones do not play nice with each other. At the time I had an iPhone 5S and now have an iPhone 8 and neither work with my car's hands-free dialing. I have carefully entered contact names and voice tags into my speed dial list but when I speak the name John **, up comes a list of names starting with Mary **. Acura offers no fix. Quite the deal from a so-called luxury care.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

My 2010 MDX 3.7L Engine has been consuming 1 quarts of oil for every 800 miles driven. At 125,000 miles the number 2 cylinder is reading 58 PSI's. The other cylinders are reading 205 with a pressure gauge. The engine is now ruined and I have to replace the engine at 125,000 miles. Honda is aware of the problem and has done nothing. Never a Honda/Acura product again.

Original review: June 18, 2017

Our 2007 MDX was taken in for A/C evaluation. The A/C was repaired but then we were given a list of other items that needed attention: Drive Belt (glazing and cracking), Engine Coolant Dirty, Power Steering Leaking and required new pump, right front stabilizer Links needed replacing. Plus all fluids low and dirty including the transmission and brake fluid. After picking up the vehicle with just A/C service, I immediately drove it over to a reputable repair service that is AAA approved. The only item that would need to be replaced within the next 10K miles or so was the right front stabilizer Links. The mechanic showed us the power steering = no leak, the fluids = clean and full, and the drive belt was perfect. How do dealers get away with this?

Original review: June 14, 2017

Bought a 2017 RDX Advance only to find out that 1/2 the features will not work without purchasing Acura link. Has been almost a week trying to set it up because they put in a wrong email address. It still doesn't work! I have found them to be unhelpful, and incompetent! Hands down my worst car buying experience! Like the RDX. Hate the "customer care".

Original review: May 2, 2017

You would think an auto maker, who endangered the well being of my 2 year old daughter, would be quick to correct the problem of a defect on one of their cars. I took my daughter to the park on a hot day. When we were about to leave, I unlocked all the car doors as usual by placing my hand through the door handle. I opened the back door, placed the bag with my keys on the floor, buckled my daughter in her car seat, closed the door, and went to open the driver's door. All the doors were mysteriously locked. All the doors were unlocked, how could they just lock themselves? Also, with the 2013 Acura RDX, you cannot lock the door with the key fob in the car. I of course began to panic and a maintenance man broke the small window on the side so I could get my daughter out.

Upset, I drove to Center Acura even though it was late in the day. They told me it was too late to check my car, but could look at it next Saturday. I asked how this could have happened and nobody knew. It was almost like nobody believed me. This is a pretty serious defect and I at least thought they could help me out with the cost of the window. Nope, I received a quote for $708 ($228 for the window and $480 for the labor). I then called later to ask if they charge to diagnose the problem. It was $160 just to look at it. Called the Corporation and they basically said it was up to the dealer. I cannot worry about the safety of my children so I am looking elsewhere for a car. BTW, that same window will be fixed for $270.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I have a 2016 RDX. Great car. Drives well. Nice features. But really awful tech that reminds me almost every day that Acura has not been able to fix the multiple IT problems in over a year. Bluetooth will not connect correctly. Car will attempt to make calls (to my phone) intermittently. Goes to "mute" when all screens and audio become non-functional... Overall, I would choose a different brand as IT is so integral to the function of a car now, and Acura has completely failed in my case.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Acura offers quite a very big variety of cars and is my trusted brand so I would highly recommend them when you're looking for a car/truck. I would go to them day/day for cars/trucks. My car is quite the piece from them and they're amazing. They're also very trustworthy. They have their own style and it is beautiful just the way the cars/trucks are.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Acura has various models such as Acura Integra, Acura TDX, and Acura MDX. The Acura TDX is a midsize sedan with midsize tinted windows, the Acura TDX is comparable to an crossover SUV and Acura Integra is ranked as top 37 best cars for teenagers and youth. My car has a nice bumper and strong tires. Upgrade are available, like better tires or a generally better version of the cars. It can be re-painted to another colour and the gas tank can be replaced. It can occupy as large as a family of five to a single individual. It is very spacious and airy. Has good air conditioners. Seat belts are provided for all also at the back. It is affordable and distinct.

Original review: April 5, 2017

Acura almost put the highest quality in their vehicles. They have models such as Acura MDX, RDX, and many more. The appearance is very stylish and the features are great. They come with the latest technology and everything to make your drive comfortable and safe. The upgrades are always top notch and I never have to worry about the quality. The personalization options are the best I have seen. I love being able to customize it the way I want. The passenger capacity is definitely the best. Always enough room for my passengers to have a comfortable ride. I don't have to worry about leg room. I'm very satisfied with the look, performance, price, safety and much more.

Original review: April 4, 2017

Acura is a really nice car, has good quality and it drives great. It also looks great on the outside and inside. It has one of a kind color, has great features and no other cars have classy looking. You can choose from up to date technology and it has great choices for your lifestyle. In addition, it has plenty of room for passengers. I have SUV so I can fit my whole family. There's a lot of room when I go to the grocery shop or store. Overall, it's a great car inside and out. I love this car and I would buy it again. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an awesome car.

Original review: April 3, 2017

When I met my husband, he was driving an Acura TL. We used that car for a long time. It was gorgeous outside. The inside was spacious and comfortable and fit two children's car seats comfortably. We decided we wanted more room in the trunk area because we have to take a lot of kid gear and suitcases when we travel.

We got the Acura MDX. I drive it. It's an SUV, but it's boxy squared off looking. It's more rounded and soft looking like a car. I have mine in a burgundy red. Inside is like a camel tan color leather seats. It has very tinted windows. The built in navigation is really nice. The navigation screen and radio screen is huge and very easy to operate. I like that I can control the radio with the buttons on the steering wheel. There is a third row that folds down. I keep it permanently folded down because we only have two kids. It is easy to fit in two car seats in the second row and would be easy to fit three. On the rare occasion that we do have the third row up it has sat three full sized adults in the third row comfortably. There is also a ton of room in the trunk. When I had to have my car serviced last month we got a loaner car. They gave us the Acura RDX. It's nice, but not quite as nice as the MDX and feels really cramped in comparison inside.

Original review: April 1, 2017

Acura offers affordable luxury models in sedans and crossovers. The TL, the RDX are some of the more popular models they offer. I bought the TSX, which isn't as popular but handles well, came with the standard Acura warranty, spacious interior, and climate control seating. The appearance is sporty. Something that would turn heads on a crowded street. The exterior is smoke grey with a black leather interior. Very impressive. The features are top notch, blue tooth link to cell phone, climate control seating, back up camera, etc. My car seats up to 5 adults comfortably. Some of the other models, in particular the RDX and some Sport Utility models can seat up to 8 adults comfortably.

Original review: March 31, 2017

The car is the best that I have driven. It rides smooth... it's good on gas... and I have not had any problems with the car since I got it. I can fit everyone I need in the car comfortably.. everyone has legroom. I love that I don't have to hear anyone complain about being too close to the other. When you see the car you know it's an Acura. It's unlike any other car I have ever seen or ever driven. I would recommend it to everyone.

Original review: March 30, 2017

Acura has several different models that they offer and they last a long time if taken care of correctly. The colors they offer are great. They have many great features that other models and brands do not offer. All of their makes have more than enough room no matter how tall or big you are. You can have passengers in you car and they would be comfortable with room.

Original review: March 29, 2017

There are different models which suits the need of different people. Inexpensive maintenance cost and nice luxurious interior without the cost of an arm and leg. The Acura has a sleek design and available in many colors. There are many available features with a modern design and technology advanced. Also, there's an easy one push start up to warm up car in advance. Basic feature work fine although there are optimal advance upgraded features. Also, they have cheaper upgrades compared to other brands and the ability to customized based on one's needs. There is enough space for what I need. But would like more leg space without buying a bigger car. Passenger seating is close if sitting in center tier. Overall, worth the cost.

Acura Company Information