2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Acura

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Acura Reviews

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Luxury, comfort, power, economy and best dealerships! It's fun to drive and handles well, also looks classy and stylish. The main thing it's made by HONDA, that says volumes. My wife and I took a long car trip and she said this is the first time on a car trip her back didn't get sore. Total Reliability, also MADE IN AMERICA.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

In two years we have never had an issue with the Acura. Other than a little road noise it has been very dependable with more than adequate power and performance. This is a 2017 model AWD with the 6 cyl engine.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

My car is a 2016. I bought it used. It was in excellent condition. The acceleration is lacking somewhat. It has a hesitation problem. But it's a nice looking SUV. It's smaller than the car I sold when I bought this. That was a Hyundai Santa Fe. The Acura has some convenient things. It has a moon roof. It doesn't use a key to start the car. It's a push button. Mine has fully adjustable front heated seats. They are leather. I'd like to have cooled seat because I live in southern Arizona. Overall it's a good car that's a little hard on gas, however.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I own a 2013 Acura RDX AWD tech everything about is perfect. Great power, great gas mileage, comfort and reliability. All the technology it has is endless. Anybody I’ve talked to who owns this car loves it. I look forward to getting in every time. The leather and fit and finish is as good as it gets.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The 2019 Acura ILX runs great, gets good mileage, powerful enough 4 cyl engine. Only drawbacks are particular to me as the CD player does NOT display the song titles or times. Weird. The windshield gets a little fogged up at night in damp weather and will not clear unless the defog blower runs on it for over 5 minutes. Strange clouds of fog seem to be inside the glass as I cannot wipe from inside or outside the windshield. This is my 7th Acura and the first with this issue. But seats are very comfortable. Headroom a bit tight for me at 6"3". Trunk is a bit small.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Original review: May 21, 2020

Almost all sensors started to give trouble and the car froze on highway. Had to get it towed to Acura Service. Apparently, it was due to a bad Alternator that stopped charging the battery and that in turn froze all electrical systems like ABS, AWD, Power Steering etc. Alternator location is poorly designed - I was told an oil leak on the Alternator was the issue. It costed me $3000. After getting it fixed, I had the sensor trouble within 3 months again! Will never buy or recommend Acura to anyone again.

Original review: May 18, 2020

I have owed 8 Hondas/Acuras in the last 30 years. This time my 2011 MDX is burning oil so I called Acura. They said I was under the mileage needed to have to rings and engine rebuilt but my time had expired so TOO BAD. I asked how they contacted me about this problem as they knew about the other 7 cars I owned. They said, "Oh we contacted you." I asked how since they had my email, phone number and home address. They could not verify they sent anything. They could not even tell me how they contacted me. So I'm going to put on a sandwich board above my car saying "I got screwed by Honda/Acura. Ask me how". If this is customer service I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Acura RDX 2019. I bought my RDX in Aug 2019. The brakes immediately were squeaking. I thought because they were new it had to be broken into. At 4000 miles I couldn't take it anymore bought to acura and they replaced the pads and rotors. A month into it here I am again. Now they claim it's a known issue and it cannot be fixed. How can a 40000 + car not be fixed. They expect me to drive this car with these embarrassing brakes making noises. Shame on acura. They are a disgrace. I have always had a Lexus should of never switched. Worst mistake in my life. Acura cannot shine their shoes.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

The car vibrates at any speed. I have had it to the dealer three times due to the vibrations. All engine mounts were replaced as apparently the vibrations from the VCM (Variable Cylinder Management) are so excessive that hydraulic/electronic motor mounts had to be installed to mitigate the vibrations when the engine goes from 6 cylinders to 3. Even when the mounts were replaced there remains a distinct vibration in the steering wheel. Prior to the replacement passengers felt the vibration in their seat. Now it's an annoying vibration in the steering wheel. One more time back to a dealer and if the ride doesn't improve, my only recourse seems to be the lemon law. If you're looking for a smooth driving sedan, stay far away from this thing.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

The brakes in my brand new RDX have been squeaking since about a month into owning the car. It started happening when the weather got cold. The dealer replaced the rotors and brake pads but the noise is still there. Now I'm told by the dealer and Acura Corporate that there's nothing they can do. What? How can that be? This is a $50,000 car and it sounds like a NYC Bus or an old beat up car. It's embarrassing. Apparently this has been an issue for a couple of years and had I known it I would NEVER have bought this car. How do you tell people who spend so much money that you cant fix squeaky brakes! Shame on Acura.

Acura Company Information