Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Acura

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

298 Acura Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Before I purchased my Acura, I had a VW Passat and although the VW ran good, the upkeep was ridiculous. I had to get breaks and it cost me 1200! The final straw was that the rear privacy screen was broke and would not retract. I hardly ever use it so I was mind blown as to how it would break on its own, even more mind blown when VW said that they couldn’t fix it, only replace for $600. After that, I traded that VW in and purchased my 2008 Acura TL. I have made that car for 11 Years and have never had any major issue, just the normal wear and tear stuff but as far as reliability, they can’t be beat!

I was rear-ended a couple years back and ran into the car in front so I had both rear and front damage. Insurance totaled the car cause it cost more to fix than what it was worth. They paid me $8000 for it and I kid you not, it still runs. I got a new hood and had someone paint and it STILL runs without any issues, even after being totaled and now having over 150,000 miles! Since then, I have purchased at 2017 ACURA MDX and it’s awesome. Fully loaded with all the amenities for thousands less than what you’d get from BMW or Mercedes. You just can’t go wrong with Acura or Honda!

Original review: June 28, 2018

Honda Acuras are designed like a luxury car but with a reasonable dollar sign. They ride smooth. The 2008 Acura is compact but sporty at the same time. It's fully loaded, remote start. The color is a deep dark green, with the softest caramel colored leather seats. I love the leather seats. It's a sleek little sedan that looks sporty. I like how when driving, it drives so smooth. It's comfortable for long road trips and has the best gas mileage. But I might change how the cup holders and console are situated. I dislike how the memory setting for the seats work. It memorizes by size not by number. So I program the seat for me and it always goes to my husband's setting first because he is the bigger setting. I am programmed under number one, and he is programmed to number two. I still have to go through his setting before go to mine.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2018

The Acura CL is the most reliable car I have ever owned. The only thing that goes wrong is the normal wearing of parts. It's a 1997 car and was totaled once, but I had it towed so a new transmission could be installed and it runs perfectly. For a 1997 vehicle it has automatic door locks so I can lock and unlock the doors from a distance. It also enables you to open your trunk as you approach the car, especially helpful when your arms are full of items. It has a sunroof which is always nice to have. The things that would improve the car are things available in today's cars, like a Bluetooth connection for your cell phone or a GPS that will give you directions. Heated seats would be nice and better speakers for the radio and CD player.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have had a great experience with my Acura. I got it for a good deal and it has been reliable for over 5 years. I did have to get a new transmission, but if you take care of this car, it will run forever. I love my car and am so thankful I had such a great first car experience. I also like the heated seats and wonderful heat and AC. The car accelerates quickly and well, too. The transmission problems are really the only problem I have really had with this vehicle. But the car is otherwise very reliable and safe to drive. I have never felt in danger or like I did not get my money's worth.

Original review: June 13, 2018

This car is overall the best car I have ever had. The mileage is great and the amount of gas is great also. I only would have to put in $20 a day for gas for anywhere I go as long as it was in my radius. It had built in wifi and the amount of gas is the best out of any of the cars I have looked at. It has a lot of room for many of my friends. The interior is nice too, although it should have came with tinted windows because it would look way better. Also, I do not like the price I pay every month for the payments of the car. It could be a little lower.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Original review: May 7, 2019

In November 2018, we purchased a used certified 2018 Acura MDX Advanced (w/ 6K miles). This beautiful MDX was equipped with every bell and whistle imaginable. From November 2018 to May 2019, this vehicle performed perfectly. This is until last week when I took it in for required maintenance, a recall fix and a software update. Now, every time I stop at a traffic light or stop sign, the idle engine stop/start feature kicks in and it's ANNOYING as hell. At a stop, you feel the engine idle down and then when I press the accelerator the engine does a "hard" restart. I thought something serious was wrong with the car. This is NOT a subtle stop and restart, it's very pronounced and noticeable. I immediately complained to the dealership service manager. They said it was performing as expected.

Furthermore, they instructed me to push the activation button to turn feature on and off each time I drive it. I never had to do this before last week. In fact, I told him that when I test drove this MDX, I would have been hesitant to purchase as this feels like an irregularity with the car. I asked them to reverse the software update and they would not. IMO, if this had been occurring in the 7 months prior, then it was discreet and barely noticeable; not now!! I am just sick about this. Warning to others... Google this issue because there are many complaints about it. How can this be economical saving me gas money... Always restarting the vehicle? I am going to wear out the electronic starter. I am so angry.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Just leased a 2019 Acura MDX Sport hybrid Technology. I am in love with it. The Active Damper suspension works amazing. Had a 2018 RDX Advance and the ride was not smooth at all. This MDX Hybrid just rides wonderful. I am getting 26MPG regularly, and I am not a light footed driver. While the infotainment is outdated - it sounds like it works better than the new system in the RDX. There needs to be LESS road noise Acura, and the interior dash and other surfaces need to be more luxurious, but overall this SUV is GREAT.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I own a 2006 Honda Pilot and 2009 Honda Accord with over 260,000 miles and no major issues. I decided to upgrade to an Acura considered their luxury brand and I am living to regret it. I have owned a 2012 Acura TSX for 4 years - kept up with routine maintenance and lucky me I have had issue after issue costing me thousands. I have had to replace the CV joints, converter, power steering control module and the transmission. Overall costs to date - $9500 and not done yet. My Honda's are still working and my Acura TSX - is constantly breaking down. Such a nightmare. Will never purchase another Acura. Buyer beware!!

Original review: April 15, 2019

All the cars and SUV's are coming out with standard features you would expect in a luxury car. Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, all come with all the latest protection lane control, Cruise adjust, heated steering wheel and seats, and these are for their models across the board. You would expect Acura being a luxury brand would have all these things standard in all their models. The Acura should have all the top end. Hondas have that are standard but no everything is an upgrade, Acura is becoming a dinosaur. They should be bringing out an advanced electric with everything standard at a reasonable price to capture the market. Probably my last Acura.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I will keep this short. We have owned 6 different Hondas and Acuras and this will be our last! We bought this 2019 RDX in October 2018 and the brakes have been squeaking loud since day 2. We have taken it into two different Acura service centers to get it fixed three different times since Dec 2018 and we hear the same thing every time “it is a known issue that Acura engineering is working.” How long does it take to fix this without a recall? Where is the buyback for this annoying and unsafe condition? nowhere to be found.

A call to Acura customer service gets you the same place. After waiting two weeks for my case manager to really look into the issue, I was told to take the car back to the same service center so someone can look at it? I thought it was a known issue? I thought it was with Acura engineering? Oh wait, it is. The service center will change out the brakes and rotors but that does not fix the issue just wastes time and effort. Until Acura figures out how to treat customers right and work real issues with criticality, do them a favor and treat them like the brand they are...buy a Kia. At least it will be cheaper and still squeak.

Acura Company Information