2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Acura

Acura Reviews

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Luxury, comfort, power, economy and best dealerships! It's fun to drive and handles well, also looks classy and stylish. The main thing it's made by HONDA, that says volumes. My wife and I took a long car trip and she said this is the first time on a car trip her back didn't get sore. Total Reliability, also MADE IN AMERICA.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

My car is a 2016. I bought it used. It was in excellent condition. The acceleration is lacking somewhat. It has a hesitation problem. But it's a nice looking SUV. It's smaller than the car I sold when I bought this. That was a Hyundai Santa Fe. The Acura has some convenient things. It has a moon roof. It doesn't use a key to start the car. It's a push button. Mine has fully adjustable front heated seats. They are leather. I'd like to have cooled seat because I live in southern Arizona. Overall it's a good car that's a little hard on gas, however.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The 2019 Acura ILX runs great, gets good mileage, powerful enough 4 cyl engine. Only drawbacks are particular to me as the CD player does NOT display the song titles or times. Weird. The windshield gets a little fogged up at night in damp weather and will not clear unless the defog blower runs on it for over 5 minutes. Strange clouds of fog seem to be inside the glass as I cannot wipe from inside or outside the windshield. This is my 7th Acura and the first with this issue. But seats are very comfortable. Headroom a bit tight for me at 6"3". Trunk is a bit small.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Just leased a 2019 Acura MDX Sport hybrid Technology. I am in love with it. The Active Damper suspension works amazing. Had a 2018 RDX Advance and the ride was not smooth at all. This MDX Hybrid just rides wonderful. I am getting 26MPG regularly, and I am not a light footed driver. While the infotainment is outdated - it sounds like it works better than the new system in the RDX. There needs to be LESS road noise Acura, and the interior dash and other surfaces need to be more luxurious, but overall this SUV is GREAT.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Before I purchased my Acura, I had a VW Passat and although the VW ran good, the upkeep was ridiculous. I had to get breaks and it cost me 1200! The final straw was that the rear privacy screen was broke and would not retract. I hardly ever use it so I was mind blown as to how it would break on its own, even more mind blown when VW said that they couldn’t fix it, only replace for $600. After that, I traded that VW in and purchased my 2008 Acura TL. I have made that car for 11 Years and have never had any major issue, just the normal wear and tear stuff but as far as reliability, they can’t be beat!

I was rear-ended a couple years back and ran into the car in front so I had both rear and front damage. Insurance totaled the car cause it cost more to fix than what it was worth. They paid me $8000 for it and I kid you not, it still runs. I got a new hood and had someone paint and it STILL runs without any issues, even after being totaled and now having over 150,000 miles! Since then, I have purchased at 2017 ACURA MDX and it’s awesome. Fully loaded with all the amenities for thousands less than what you’d get from BMW or Mercedes. You just can’t go wrong with Acura or Honda!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Acura RDX 2019. I bought my RDX in Aug 2019. The brakes immediately were squeaking. I thought because they were new it had to be broken into. At 4000 miles I couldn't take it anymore bought to acura and they replaced the pads and rotors. A month into it here I am again. Now they claim it's a known issue and it cannot be fixed. How can a 40000 + car not be fixed. They expect me to drive this car with these embarrassing brakes making noises. Shame on acura. They are a disgrace. I have always had a Lexus should of never switched. Worst mistake in my life. Acura cannot shine their shoes.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

The car vibrates at any speed. I have had it to the dealer three times due to the vibrations. All engine mounts were replaced as apparently the vibrations from the VCM (Variable Cylinder Management) are so excessive that hydraulic/electronic motor mounts had to be installed to mitigate the vibrations when the engine goes from 6 cylinders to 3. Even when the mounts were replaced there remains a distinct vibration in the steering wheel. Prior to the replacement passengers felt the vibration in their seat. Now it's an annoying vibration in the steering wheel. One more time back to a dealer and if the ride doesn't improve, my only recourse seems to be the lemon law. If you're looking for a smooth driving sedan, stay far away from this thing.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

The brakes in my brand new RDX have been squeaking since about a month into owning the car. It started happening when the weather got cold. The dealer replaced the rotors and brake pads but the noise is still there. Now I'm told by the dealer and Acura Corporate that there's nothing they can do. What? How can that be? This is a $50,000 car and it sounds like a NYC Bus or an old beat up car. It's embarrassing. Apparently this has been an issue for a couple of years and had I known it I would NEVER have bought this car. How do you tell people who spend so much money that you cant fix squeaky brakes! Shame on Acura.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Best car for the value and cost. Maintenance free other than recommended maintenance. Would recommend for safety, value and driving experience. The workmanship put into this vehicle. I'll definitely purchase this make again.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

The car is beautiful and that is my biggest attraction to it. I have the one with everything on it so it's very comfortable. My only issues are 1.) It's a little bit rough to drive, you feel every little bump on the road. 2.) Acura doesn't do anything special for the owners, prior to this I had 2 Lexus' and when you go to the dealership to get your car serviced you are treated like VIP. You can wait for the car in a lounge where you can have in the morning free bagels, toast or danishes along with regular or specialty coffee, if it's lunch time free water, juice or soda. They have nice comfortable leather chairs, desktop computers, iPads and large screen TVs. In addition to this if it's going to be longer than a couple of hours they just give you a beautiful loaner. Anything you want so you can try out all their different models.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Acura Company Information