Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Acura

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

299 Acura Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 3, 2019

Just leased a 2019 Acura MDX Sport hybrid Technology. I am in love with it. The Active Damper suspension works amazing. Had a 2018 RDX Advance and the ride was not smooth at all. This MDX Hybrid just rides wonderful. I am getting 26MPG regularly, and I am not a light footed driver. While the infotainment is outdated - it sounds like it works better than the new system in the RDX. There needs to be LESS road noise Acura, and the interior dash and other surfaces need to be more luxurious, but overall this SUV is GREAT.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My Acura is a 2012. It started as a lease but I liked it so much I kept it. I have 87000 miles on it and have never needed breaks. There is no rust on the car anywhere. I bought the insurance in case anything went wrong... It appears I wasted my money.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Before I purchased my Acura, I had a VW Passat and although the VW ran good, the upkeep was ridiculous. I had to get breaks and it cost me 1200! The final straw was that the rear privacy screen was broke and would not retract. I hardly ever use it so I was mind blown as to how it would break on its own, even more mind blown when VW said that they couldn’t fix it, only replace for $600. After that, I traded that VW in and purchased my 2008 Acura TL. I have made that car for 11 Years and have never had any major issue, just the normal wear and tear stuff but as far as reliability, they can’t be beat!

I was rear-ended a couple years back and ran into the car in front so I had both rear and front damage. Insurance totaled the car cause it cost more to fix than what it was worth. They paid me $8000 for it and I kid you not, it still runs. I got a new hood and had someone paint and it STILL runs without any issues, even after being totaled and now having over 150,000 miles! Since then, I have purchased at 2017 ACURA MDX and it’s awesome. Fully loaded with all the amenities for thousands less than what you’d get from BMW or Mercedes. You just can’t go wrong with Acura or Honda!

Original review: June 9, 2019

I purchased a 2008 Acura TL new. The car was well maintained and garage stored. Within several years the perforated leather seats began to split. I had to have them replaced. The car was in great condition otherwise so I spent the money to replace them. A couple years later I noticed a crack on the right side of the dash. The crack grew and has expanded to multiple cracks. I have never experienced this with a car and would certainly not expect it from a brand known for quality and luxury yet when I did an internet search I discovered that it is a common problem with the Acura. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 7, 2019

In November 2018, we purchased a used certified 2018 Acura MDX Advanced (w/ 6K miles). This beautiful MDX was equipped with every bell and whistle imaginable. From November 2018 to May 2019, this vehicle performed perfectly. This is until last week when I took it in for required maintenance, a recall fix and a software update. Now, every time I stop at a traffic light or stop sign, the idle engine stop/start feature kicks in and it's ANNOYING as hell. At a stop, you feel the engine idle down and then when I press the accelerator the engine does a "hard" restart. I thought something serious was wrong with the car. This is NOT a subtle stop and restart, it's very pronounced and noticeable. I immediately complained to the dealership service manager. They said it was performing as expected.

Furthermore, they instructed me to push the activation button to turn feature on and off each time I drive it. I never had to do this before last week. In fact, I told him that when I test drove this MDX, I would have been hesitant to purchase as this feels like an irregularity with the car. I asked them to reverse the software update and they would not. IMO, if this had been occurring in the 7 months prior, then it was discreet and barely noticeable; not now!! I am just sick about this. Warning to others... Google this issue because there are many complaints about it. How can this be economical saving me gas money... Always restarting the vehicle? I am going to wear out the electronic starter. I am so angry.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Original review: April 18, 2019

I own a 2006 Honda Pilot and 2009 Honda Accord with over 260,000 miles and no major issues. I decided to upgrade to an Acura considered their luxury brand and I am living to regret it. I have owned a 2012 Acura TSX for 4 years - kept up with routine maintenance and lucky me I have had issue after issue costing me thousands. I have had to replace the CV joints, converter, power steering control module and the transmission. Overall costs to date - $9500 and not done yet. My Honda's are still working and my Acura TSX - is constantly breaking down. Such a nightmare. Will never purchase another Acura. Buyer beware!!

Original review: April 15, 2019

All the cars and SUV's are coming out with standard features you would expect in a luxury car. Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, all come with all the latest protection lane control, Cruise adjust, heated steering wheel and seats, and these are for their models across the board. You would expect Acura being a luxury brand would have all these things standard in all their models. The Acura should have all the top end. Hondas have that are standard but no everything is an upgrade, Acura is becoming a dinosaur. They should be bringing out an advanced electric with everything standard at a reasonable price to capture the market. Probably my last Acura.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I will keep this short. We have owned 6 different Hondas and Acuras and this will be our last! We bought this 2019 RDX in October 2018 and the brakes have been squeaking loud since day 2. We have taken it into two different Acura service centers to get it fixed three different times since Dec 2018 and we hear the same thing every time “it is a known issue that Acura engineering is working.” How long does it take to fix this without a recall? Where is the buyback for this annoying and unsafe condition? nowhere to be found.

A call to Acura customer service gets you the same place. After waiting two weeks for my case manager to really look into the issue, I was told to take the car back to the same service center so someone can look at it? I thought it was a known issue? I thought it was with Acura engineering? Oh wait, it is. The service center will change out the brakes and rotors but that does not fix the issue just wastes time and effort. Until Acura figures out how to treat customers right and work real issues with criticality, do them a favor and treat them like the brand they are...buy a Kia. At least it will be cheaper and still squeak.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I have a 2018 Acura RDX and it's gas range display sucks. On an instance, I start from my office and it shows, I have gas range of 100 miles and after driving for less than 2 miles it shows gas left for 70 miles left. How come in driving for 2 miles I consumed gas worth of 30 miles? After driving on highway for few miles it moves up to 80 miles. How come after driving extra 5 miles I added more gas in my car? I understand it varies based on driving but how would I actually know how much gas I have in my car. It is extremely confusing and I think erroneous. Not sure how such system is considered as a better user experience by the Acura engineers. I think Acura should do a recall and fix this system for all Acura RDX owners.

Original review: March 28, 2019

The headlights on my Acura are already cracking in less than 4 years. What a joke. I’ve been a long time Acura customer but this will be my last one. Save your dollars and go elsewhere as this company does not have your best interest in mind.

Acura Company Information