3.14/5
Based on 43 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

281 Acura Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I bought a 2005 AcuraTL and paid cash for my dream car. Within 3 years the dash in my luxury Acura started cracking and finally just plain falling apart. I was heartbroken. I was around 55 years old and bought the car with money my Father left me. I chose the AcuraTL caustic. Was positive it would last until I passed. Well irony took over and I sold the 2005TL because of the dash. My Mom loved my car so she bought a 2006TL but with wood trim instead of my carbon fiber and she had tan interior, I had black.

My Mom passed also and I got her 2006TL. I was sure the dash thing would not happen again. It not only has happened but worse. It only have 54,000 miles on my Mom's 2006TL and my and my Mothers dream car is falling apart. I called Acura and they told me it would cost me 1600.00$. I'm still in shock. I'm gonna be 61 in a couple days and I don't have money for a dash that never should have fallen apart. I believed in Honda (Acura)... I spent a lot. They should replace my dash for free. The car is perfectly maintained and is so pretty except the dash. COME ON ACURA... STEP UP... PLEASE.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I have been giving business to Acura since 2010 and I bought one TL, leased TL/RLX. You could say that I was a loyal Acura customer. Least as I had expected, Acura stole my money and screws me up. When I was leasing the 2014 RXL I signed out auto-payment via my checking account; for fear of continuing charges from my checking account. I asked my bank (Citibank) to stop the auto payment in November, 2015 and I had been sending checks every month since until I traded the 2014 RXL to 2016 RLX in May, 2016 in Acura of Westchester and as usual, the dealer pays off the remain value and I signed a new lease with Westchester Acura. So I thought, and you will think as well, that the 2014 RLX car is left behind me. Lo and behold, in July 2018, I received a letter both from Acura Financial services and collection agency charging me $1651.98.

When I first called Acura Financial service, a man with British accent told me that I did not pay the last month payment (which is strange, even it were true that I did not pay the last payment, it would only be $825.99, not $1651.98). When I called them back again from my vocation on 07/31/18, Acura financial told me a totally different story -- Because Acura overcharged me 3 months (twice of $825.99), I called my bank and the bank reversed the overcharge. Now Acura wants me to pay extra money, when in fact that the dealer had already bought off the older car and I am under new lease over 2 years! Acura had overcharged me more than 3 months and only month even charged me 3 TIMES! That is stealing because by contract, I only authorized Acura to charge me once a month!

Not only that Acura lying to me by saying that they had been trying to contact me during the past 2 years, which is the biggest lie in the world -- because I have never received any mail/call regarding the 2014 RLX until July, 2018 and I have been paying the monthly payment of the 2016 RLX every month. I called Westchester Acura and spoke with the General Manager who was angry as well and states that he will contact Acura Financial Services in the morning.

Regardless what outcome it will be, I have lost trust and confidence towards Acura and would like to share this experience with you guys, especially the potential buyers -- stay away from Acura unless you want to be screwed up and potentially have your credit scores affected negatively and being bullied and discriminated like this! I plan to go to court if this matter is not resolved. Watch out giving business to Acura! Watch your wallet because Acura may steal from you like what they did to me!

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 23, 2018

DO NOT BUY AN ACURA. I have a 5-year-old Acura with 55,000 - Garage kept. All of the so called leather is coming off the doors and has torn on the side of the drivers seat. I called Acura/Honda "goodwill" department and received a callback today saying it would cost $3600.00 but they will give me a discount and I can pay only $750.00. I have had Lexus, BMW, and a Nissan which were much older and never had a problem with the leather.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Honda Acuras are designed like a luxury car but with a reasonable dollar sign. They ride smooth. The 2008 Acura is compact but sporty at the same time. It's fully loaded, remote start. The color is a deep dark green, with the softest caramel colored leather seats. I love the leather seats. It's a sleek little sedan that looks sporty. I like how when driving, it drives so smooth. It's comfortable for long road trips and has the best gas mileage. But I might change how the cup holders and console are situated. I dislike how the memory setting for the seats work. It memorizes by size not by number. So I program the seat for me and it always goes to my husband's setting first because he is the bigger setting. I am programmed under number one, and he is programmed to number two. I still have to go through his setting before go to mine.

Original review: June 27, 2018

My Acura MDX is a really great car. It was used to us, but was a great buy and is still to this day running smooth. We take it to the dealership for maintenance. But I'd change the exterior color because there are a lot of the same models that are the same color out there on the road and in parking lots. But for a 2004 car, it's awesome. Even in the snow and ice! We always knew we wanted this model, we just had to wait for the right one to come along. They just hold up when taken care of. The interior craftsmanship has held up. Very safe.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Original review: June 23, 2018

This is my first time owning an Acura. My experience with it is a positive one. I love the all the features of the Acura, I enjoy driving my newly purchased vehicle. This vehicle is a luxury suv. It has navigation, XM radio activation, a sunroof, an awesome back up camera, and other amazing features that cater to the drivers need. But I would love for my suv to have a hatch that is motion sensored on the bottom of the car though, so that I can open to back hands free.

Original review: June 22, 2018

The Acura CL is the most reliable car I have ever owned. The only thing that goes wrong is the normal wearing of parts. It's a 1997 car and was totaled once, but I had it towed so a new transmission could be installed and it runs perfectly. For a 1997 vehicle it has automatic door locks so I can lock and unlock the doors from a distance. It also enables you to open your trunk as you approach the car, especially helpful when your arms are full of items. It has a sunroof which is always nice to have. The things that would improve the car are things available in today's cars, like a Bluetooth connection for your cell phone or a GPS that will give you directions. Heated seats would be nice and better speakers for the radio and CD player.

Original review: June 17, 2018

My Acura MDX drives very smooth and has excellent gas mileage. It has wonderful features which assists in driving. The seats are super comfortable and have warmers or coolers in them. It has a great entertainment package which is great for my backseat passengers. It has great sound and I was worried I would have to replace the factory speakers, but it works and sounds great. But I wish there were more functions on the steering wheel to control everything, including volume, bluetooth functions, etc. The power windows could be a little faster when going down or up too.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Acura RDX has been a very dependable vehicle until recently. We started having a water leak come from behind the windshield. It took a week for the Acura dealer to figure out where the leak was coming from. Also, when I drive over any bumps, it has always made a rattling noise and it's annoying! I wish that I purchased a Toyota RAV4 instead. Even so, I like the way the vehicle handles on the road and the comfort of the seats. It also has plenty of storage. I felt this vehicle was a good value as well.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Love my Acura RDX. Acura has great customer service and I have not had any issues with it since I bought it. It's reliable and stylish with features I love. I will definitely be buying another Acura when I decide to buy another vehicle. I love the backup camera. The technology package is amazing. I like having a built in gps. I like the driver one and driver two settings so the car is always set for my favorites when it recognizes my key. The gas mileage could be a little better though.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have had a great experience with my Acura. I got it for a good deal and it has been reliable for over 5 years. I did have to get a new transmission, but if you take care of this car, it will run forever. I love my car and am so thankful I had such a great first car experience. I also like the heated seats and wonderful heat and AC. The car accelerates quickly and well, too. The transmission problems are really the only problem I have really had with this vehicle. But the car is otherwise very reliable and safe to drive. I have never felt in danger or like I did not get my money's worth.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have had a number of expensive nuisance issues with my MDX that I paid handsomely for. From day 1 it has had a slow leak in the tire that they say there is nothing wrong with. The driver's side window whistles and they say it is not 'a known problem' and nothing they can do about; and now most recently I was pulled over by the police for a tail light that was not working. I replaced the bulb myself, no avail. Acura says $500 for a new tail light assembly. What does it say about the quality of construction when an enclosed tail light assembly needs to be replaced??? I bought Acura looking for Honda/Acura quality. Very, very disappointed. I will be a returning customer. PS, additionally the Acura navigation system is the worst. Too hard to use; just use your phone.

Original review: June 13, 2018

This car is overall the best car I have ever had. The mileage is great and the amount of gas is great also. I only would have to put in $20 a day for gas for anywhere I go as long as it was in my radius. It had built in wifi and the amount of gas is the best out of any of the cars I have looked at. It has a lot of room for many of my friends. The interior is nice too, although it should have came with tinted windows because it would look way better. Also, I do not like the price I pay every month for the payments of the car. It could be a little lower.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I leased with Acura for two consecutive 3 year term and I initially thought it was a great vehicle (MDX) and great service until I decided to try another car company. I received an invoice for almost $3000 for "excessive wear and tear." The report indicated that I had a poor repair and my car was NEVER in need of repair in the three years I had it! I was charged for two tires when only one didn't meet the spec requirements. You're fine as long as you keep your money with Acura... They don't bill you unless you decide to leave. Fusion Auto Finance asked me to take the vehicle for inspection on Long Island and I live on Staten Island: it was a major inconvenience to me. The communication from Fusion Auto Finance initially billed me over $1600 because there was an error stating that my lease was overdue when it wasn't! The miscommunication to rectify that error was insane.

Then, in dealing with Ms. Doreen ** and her supervisor Marissa **, the miscommunication continued in trying to "ground" my vehicle from another dealership. Overall, it was a nightmare that I never want to go through again. The corporate office ("Drake" ext. ** at Fusion Auto Finance) was rude and did not want to do anything else but collect my money. It's ABUSIVE and they (Drake of Fusion Auto Finance) made accusations of damages to the car and then accused me of lying when I said the vehicle was never in need of repair!! I will NEVER give my business to Acura again. They totally rip you off. There are so many other dealerships that offer better.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I’ve purchased a used 2005 Acura TL with 69K miles on it. At 96K miles the transmission blew out, it was a $4000 bill to rebuild the transmission. My AC compressor had to be changed. The tension pulley had to be changed. The battery dies if the car is not turned on daily or in cold winter months (I live in Houston, we don’t have severe weather). It has a new battery and the alternator is just fine, we never could establish what the battery issues were.

The car will lock you out since it automatically locks, the mirrors shift while driving. The dashboard has cracks. I happily sold the car to a junkyard for $500, I just couldn’t wait to get rid of it. I maintain my cars regularly and only put less than 20 miles a day on it. I didn’t expect all these issues with less than 100k miles on it. Never getting an Acura again.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I love the size of my Acura ILX. It has the feel of a much larger car and drives and rides great. It has plenty of power which many small cars lack. I’ve had no problems with my car during the 3 years I’ve owned it.

Original review: May 1, 2018

My Acura TL 2014 model was purchased new and I never had a black vehicle but always seen black cars and they looked great. The vehicle has a V6 engine and plenty of power and the style is sleek, aerodynamic curves and it a great vehicle. The only issue I have are the tire sensors fail consistently and these are a nuisance as I have my own pressure gauge to measure the tire pressure. The vehicle rides so smoothly on various roads while steering is very comfortable and ease to control the vehicle. Overall I recommend this vehicle but my taste has changed in terms of car type. I would like to pursue a mid sized SUV in the future.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Acura RDX - comfortable cushy drive; somewhat slow acceleration; blindspot on passenger side more noticeable than previous owned vehicle. Window design needs to be improved. Averages 21-22 mpg city driving, 26-27 mpg highway.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Bought the Acura RL used with @30K miles. Had some factory warranty remaining plus I bought an extended warranty from Acura dealer and had car serviced regularly at that dealership. At @50K miles, the car developed a malodorous odor of burning oil, especially strong when parked in enclosed garage after having been driven. I suspected an oil leak dripping onto hot exhaust component and complained to dealership on each of three or four service visits while warranty was in effect.

Dealership claimed they could not smell the odor or find any leak. On the next service visit AFTER the warranty expired, I complained again and dealership said the engine's rear main oil seal was dripping onto exhaust causing odor and wanted @$1000 to fix it. Appealed all the way to Honda headquarters but was not able to get Honda to fix the problem which had been present and had been reported during warranty period. Leak has now reached the point to where it puddles on garage floor. In addition, on the same visit, dealership said front shocks were bad. Additionally, had five repeat problems with SRS system, and the fuel pump relay failed and stranded me at the grocery store with a car load of groceries. The car looks good and drives good, but it is unreliable, prone to breakdown and definitely not worth its cost.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Acura RL is a reliable car, fully equipped, great horsepower, all the bells and whistles, low maintenance costs, luxuriously on the inside and beautiful on the outside.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I've had the Acura RL for a while. It is the first car in many years that I still love to drive. The design is awesome, the performance is awesome, and it has been very low maintenance, even though I'm almost up to 200,000 miles!!

Original review: April 24, 2018

Bought the Acura TL as a CPO. Good value. No real issues except for a couple of minor computer parts that needed to be replaced. Now have 127k miles on it and have owned it for 9 years. 2005 model year. Best body style... Do not like the newer ones, style wise.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I have had Acuras since 1987. Most reliable car ever had. And, when there was a problem, both dealer and Acura resolved issue to my complete satisfaction without any hesitation or reservation.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Overall love the Acura TSX. V6 is great. Mechanically any issues have been minor, mostly electrical. But the finish isn't holding up as well as I would hope or expect from Acura. Had peeling paint issues with a prior Honda product as well (Accord).

Original review: April 18, 2018

Acura MDX, 2014 - Nice appearance. Very nice ride, good Continental tires. Comfortable driver and passenger seats. Both are adjustable. Telescoping steering wheel. Excellent gas mileage, 32 mpg hwy. Good forward and rear visibility. Easy driving controls on steering wheel. Good rear view camera. Good road map and GPS navigation. Adequate mobile communication system. However, complicated destination setup and manual organization.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Acura RL is very reliable and comfortable. Great performance and great car for a long trip. Have 155k miles on it with no serious problems. The SH-AWD with torque vectoring make it ultra stable on snowy roads.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I have bought an Acura ILX July last year and in January the transmission broke! February they had to replace the battery twice, in March they had to replace the starter... and today the car would not start. I have been trying to talk to Acura saying that the car is beyond repair and that I don't need a buyback, only give me car that is not a "lemon"... the case manager keep saying that he is trying something but cannot guarantee anything!!! So I would not recommend anyone to buy an Acura, specially ILX.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I got RDX 2018 model. I mainly tells what this lacks compare to other non-suv models. I expected decent options when I say word Acura or luxurious model. Rear passenger leg room is so small, my old Toyota Camry got much larger leg space. Acura provided two 12 v chargers. Guess what, they are cigarette lighting chargers. If any passenger want to charge their phone, they need to buy compatible charger. What a life! No power windows for passengers. No telescopic steering wheel, means no adjustments. Now, good things about this one, smooth transmission ride, power steering control, vehicle stability, and its sleek look and design suggestion, compare option from similar vehicle class and buy!

Original review: March 27, 2018

My exterior door panels have warped 3 separate times and now the 4th time. Acura (2015 Acura RDX) has a defective material and now fails to stand behind their product. This has also happened to my 2016 Honda Accord. I know numerous people that own the same products and they too have warped panels. Acura will not stand behind their product. I am so finished with this company. I own 3 Acura’s and a Honda! I’m finished with them.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Vehicle Mileage: 17997. Description: I recently purchased (5/24/2017) a 2016 Acura ILX. I'm very disappointed to say the least. This car is expensive and Doesn't even offer a satellite radio. Also when driving I can't access my phonebook to make calls. I have to pick up my phone to call a number. I can only use voice call to call 15 stored speed dial numbers instead of being able to say call "whomever". What's the purpose of hands free when this car doesn't offer that. Also the name doesn't appear when a call comes through. Even though the contacts are downloaded into the system. I had all of these options in my Elantra before trading it in on what I thought would be better for me. A mistake I made because clearly more money doesn't mean better. Could this please be fixed??

I'm so upset about my purchase and wish I could trade a brand new ILX back in for an Elantra that offers better quality. The phone system needs to be fixed in the ILX. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone. Thank you for your time. I've actually reached out to the CEO and he forwarded me to a representative whom was NO HELP. I actually asked them if they could upgrade this data system in the car or buy back their overly priced basic car... I'm still stuck with this Car for 3 years.

Not sure about Acura?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Car Dealers for you.

Acura Company Information

www.acura.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business