Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Acura

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Acura Reviews

Original review: April 15, 2019

All the cars and SUV's are coming out with standard features you would expect in a luxury car. Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, all come with all the latest protection lane control, Cruise adjust, heated steering wheel and seats, and these are for their models across the board. You would expect Acura being a luxury brand would have all these things standard in all their models. The Acura should have all the top end. Hondas have that are standard but no everything is an upgrade, Acura is becoming a dinosaur. They should be bringing out an advanced electric with everything standard at a reasonable price to capture the market. Probably my last Acura.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I will keep this short. We have owned 6 different Hondas and Acuras and this will be our last! We bought this 2019 RDX in October 2018 and the brakes have been squeaking loud since day 2. We have taken it into two different Acura service centers to get it fixed three different times since Dec 2018 and we hear the same thing every time “it is a known issue that Acura engineering is working.” How long does it take to fix this without a recall? Where is the buyback for this annoying and unsafe condition? nowhere to be found.

A call to Acura customer service gets you the same place. After waiting two weeks for my case manager to really look into the issue, I was told to take the car back to the same service center so someone can look at it? I thought it was a known issue? I thought it was with Acura engineering? Oh wait, it is. The service center will change out the brakes and rotors but that does not fix the issue just wastes time and effort. Until Acura figures out how to treat customers right and work real issues with criticality, do them a favor and treat them like the brand they are...buy a Kia. At least it will be cheaper and still squeak.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I have a 2018 Acura RDX and it's gas range display sucks. On an instance, I start from my office and it shows, I have gas range of 100 miles and after driving for less than 2 miles it shows gas left for 70 miles left. How come in driving for 2 miles I consumed gas worth of 30 miles? After driving on highway for few miles it moves up to 80 miles. How come after driving extra 5 miles I added more gas in my car? I understand it varies based on driving but how would I actually know how much gas I have in my car. It is extremely confusing and I think erroneous. Not sure how such system is considered as a better user experience by the Acura engineers. I think Acura should do a recall and fix this system for all Acura RDX owners.

Original review: March 28, 2019

The headlights on my Acura are already cracking in less than 4 years. What a joke. I’ve been a long time Acura customer but this will be my last one. Save your dollars and go elsewhere as this company does not have your best interest in mind.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I purchased a 2019 Acura RDX. EPA standards, it should receive 22 city/27 highway. I have curtailed my driving to TRY and get anything higher than 22 and am not able to achieve it. My commute is 30% city and 70% free traveling highway, so I should easily be able to consistently achieve 22. Currently, sitting at 20. I have read a ton of reviews and anyone that pays attention is complaining about the same misrepresentation of the MPG. Also, the Android Auto was a part of my sales pitch in November 2018. It's mid-January 2019 and it's still not released.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Would not recommend Acura/Honda to anyone! They are the worst. I purchased a 2018 Acura MDX in Aug 2018 from Paragon Acura and I have been having problems with the vehicle since September 2018. First the car would not move when I put it into reverse or drive. When I finally got it to move it started making a grinding noise. I took it to Island Acura and they said my transmission is overfilled with transmission oil. They drain it to the right level. When leaving I heard a winding noise coming at low speed and decelerations. Took it back to the Island Acura and they said it's coming from the transmission and front diff. They refused to work on the MDX bc I did not buy the car from them and said I have to take it back to where I bought it from.

I took it back to Paragon Acura and they kept my MDX for over 3 weeks and did not resolve the issue instead they caused more of an issue. They return my MDX with damages. When I reach out to Paragon about the situation they said they will contact me back within 15 mins and they never did. I had to reach out to them the next day. I contact Acura cooperate and them seem to not care at all. My car only has 2200 miles and it dont seem to be a problem with them. Still have transmission problems. My quarter panel, rear bumper, front bumper, driver door, and inside the front door jam have to be painted. Plus my car is filthy with some interior damages. I also received a parking tickets while my MDX was in for service at Paragon Acura. This is the worst car company I have ever dealt with. DONT EVER GET A HONDA/ACURA PRODUCT! NOR DEAL WITH PARAGON ACURA!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

BUYER BEWARE! I bought the 2019 RDX about 5 months ago and just brought it back to the dealer for the 3rd time for the same electrical problem. Apparently I found out today that Acura was well aware of the situation however, let the dealers sell the cars with this defect. The dealer and Acura, who dealing with is a nightmare (Acura) stated a patch to the software had to be created to stop the problem. So why would they sell a car that they knew had a defect? So have a "case" open with Acura. I don't even want the IT anymore and will be bringing this to the attention of the WFSB - Channel 3 Eyewitness News so that we can make this misrepresentation known to the public (in Connecticut) anyways.

There were 7 other RDXs in the lot waiting to get repaired - I don't know if it is for the same reason but what does that tell you when you see 7 2019 cars needing to be repaired. Don't say you have not been warned. This is totally unacceptable and the customer service is horrible from Acura. My case manager does not return calls and when I spoke with a so called supervisor at Acura she states, "Well you need to deal with your case manager, I don't do that." So what exactly does a supervisor do? This is a nightmare!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Looking for others that own an Acura with similar issues. The paint on both the front and rear bumper of my 2017 Acura RDX ripples. Sub-standard plastic in the bumpers or new water base paints cannot stand up to the sun?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I leased a new 2018 Acura ILX, with 20 miles on the car. Drove home, and fitting and finish is below average at best. No spare tires, very cheap. After 2 weeks. the fuel gauge is still at full level, added a tank full of gas, well, it still shows full :-), contacted Acura client service, they suggest to tow the car to dealer for repair, called dealer, told to local Honda dealer for help? Don't lease Acura ILX like me, because I have to drive around to dealer, waste all the miles and plus the time to get a new car fixed. The car is louder, rough at low speed and they want 30000 dollars for it. Is this what Acura has become?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Called Acura when I got flat tire this morning. It is now 3 hours later they just arrived. There was no spare in car. No Acura emergency service like other brands such as Mercedes and Lexus. Very little help for person who does not know how to handle the problem. We own three Acuras. Never again will I buy one. With Mercedes or Lexus you call and they come get you and car. They repair. None of this arguing for a tow truck. No need for a million explanations. They just lost my family’s business. What a shame.

Acura Company Information