Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Acura

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

299 Acura Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I purchased a 2019 Acura RDX. EPA standards, it should receive 22 city/27 highway. I have curtailed my driving to TRY and get anything higher than 22 and am not able to achieve it. My commute is 30% city and 70% free traveling highway, so I should easily be able to consistently achieve 22. Currently, sitting at 20. I have read a ton of reviews and anyone that pays attention is complaining about the same misrepresentation of the MPG. Also, the Android Auto was a part of my sales pitch in November 2018. It's mid-January 2019 and it's still not released.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Would not recommend Acura/Honda to anyone! They are the worst. I purchased a 2018 Acura MDX in Aug 2018 from Paragon Acura and I have been having problems with the vehicle since September 2018. First the car would not move when I put it into reverse or drive. When I finally got it to move it started making a grinding noise. I took it to Island Acura and they said my transmission is overfilled with transmission oil. They drain it to the right level. When leaving I heard a winding noise coming at low speed and decelerations. Took it back to the Island Acura and they said it's coming from the transmission and front diff. They refused to work on the MDX bc I did not buy the car from them and said I have to take it back to where I bought it from.

I took it back to Paragon Acura and they kept my MDX for over 3 weeks and did not resolve the issue instead they caused more of an issue. They return my MDX with damages. When I reach out to Paragon about the situation they said they will contact me back within 15 mins and they never did. I had to reach out to them the next day. I contact Acura cooperate and them seem to not care at all. My car only has 2200 miles and it dont seem to be a problem with them. Still have transmission problems. My quarter panel, rear bumper, front bumper, driver door, and inside the front door jam have to be painted. Plus my car is filthy with some interior damages. I also received a parking tickets while my MDX was in for service at Paragon Acura. This is the worst car company I have ever dealt with. DONT EVER GET A HONDA/ACURA PRODUCT! NOR DEAL WITH PARAGON ACURA!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

BUYER BEWARE! I bought the 2019 RDX about 5 months ago and just brought it back to the dealer for the 3rd time for the same electrical problem. Apparently I found out today that Acura was well aware of the situation however, let the dealers sell the cars with this defect. The dealer and Acura, who dealing with is a nightmare (Acura) stated a patch to the software had to be created to stop the problem. So why would they sell a car that they knew had a defect? So have a "case" open with Acura. I don't even want the IT anymore and will be bringing this to the attention of the WFSB - Channel 3 Eyewitness News so that we can make this misrepresentation known to the public (in Connecticut) anyways.

There were 7 other RDXs in the lot waiting to get repaired - I don't know if it is for the same reason but what does that tell you when you see 7 2019 cars needing to be repaired. Don't say you have not been warned. This is totally unacceptable and the customer service is horrible from Acura. My case manager does not return calls and when I spoke with a so called supervisor at Acura she states, "Well you need to deal with your case manager, I don't do that." So what exactly does a supervisor do? This is a nightmare!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Looking for others that own an Acura with similar issues. The paint on both the front and rear bumper of my 2017 Acura RDX ripples. Sub-standard plastic in the bumpers or new water base paints cannot stand up to the sun?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I leased a new 2018 Acura ILX, with 20 miles on the car. Drove home, and fitting and finish is below average at best. No spare tires, very cheap. After 2 weeks. the fuel gauge is still at full level, added a tank full of gas, well, it still shows full :-), contacted Acura client service, they suggest to tow the car to dealer for repair, called dealer, told to local Honda dealer for help? Don't lease Acura ILX like me, because I have to drive around to dealer, waste all the miles and plus the time to get a new car fixed. The car is louder, rough at low speed and they want 30000 dollars for it. Is this what Acura has become?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acura?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Called Acura when I got flat tire this morning. It is now 3 hours later they just arrived. There was no spare in car. No Acura emergency service like other brands such as Mercedes and Lexus. Very little help for person who does not know how to handle the problem. We own three Acuras. Never again will I buy one. With Mercedes or Lexus you call and they come get you and car. They repair. None of this arguing for a tow truck. No need for a million explanations. They just lost my family’s business. What a shame.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

The driver side fog light unit fell off. I have been taking care of the car very well and there isn't anything remote in my driving that would have caused it. Multiple pictures were provided to Acura for verification. Acura does not own that the unit failed due to manufacturer fault. Shame on you Acura.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I have 2013 Acura MDX. It was good and smooth when the mileage was about 40000-50000 but after the mileage went higher the transmission got problem, it will shake every time I tried to be from 45-50 mile per hour.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I bought a 2005 AcuraTL and paid cash for my dream car. Within 3 years the dash in my luxury Acura started cracking and finally just plain falling apart. I was heartbroken. I was around 55 years old and bought the car with money my Father left me. I chose the AcuraTL caustic. Was positive it would last until I passed. Well irony took over and I sold the 2005TL because of the dash. My Mom loved my car so she bought a 2006TL but with wood trim instead of my carbon fiber and she had tan interior, I had black.

My Mom passed also and I got her 2006TL. I was sure the dash thing would not happen again. It not only has happened but worse. It only have 54,000 miles on my Mom's 2006TL and my and my Mothers dream car is falling apart. I called Acura and they told me it would cost me 1600.00$. I'm still in shock. I'm gonna be 61 in a couple days and I don't have money for a dash that never should have fallen apart. I believed in Honda (Acura)... I spent a lot. They should replace my dash for free. The car is perfectly maintained and is so pretty except the dash. COME ON ACURA... STEP UP... PLEASE.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I have been giving business to Acura since 2010 and I bought one TL, leased TL/RLX. You could say that I was a loyal Acura customer. Least as I had expected, Acura stole my money and screws me up. When I was leasing the 2014 RXL I signed out auto-payment via my checking account; for fear of continuing charges from my checking account. I asked my bank (Citibank) to stop the auto payment in November, 2015 and I had been sending checks every month since until I traded the 2014 RXL to 2016 RLX in May, 2016 in Acura of Westchester and as usual, the dealer pays off the remain value and I signed a new lease with Westchester Acura. So I thought, and you will think as well, that the 2014 RLX car is left behind me. Lo and behold, in July 2018, I received a letter both from Acura Financial services and collection agency charging me $1651.98.

When I first called Acura Financial service, a man with British accent told me that I did not pay the last month payment (which is strange, even it were true that I did not pay the last payment, it would only be $825.99, not $1651.98). When I called them back again from my vocation on 07/31/18, Acura financial told me a totally different story -- Because Acura overcharged me 3 months (twice of $825.99), I called my bank and the bank reversed the overcharge. Now Acura wants me to pay extra money, when in fact that the dealer had already bought off the older car and I am under new lease over 2 years! Acura had overcharged me more than 3 months and only month even charged me 3 TIMES! That is stealing because by contract, I only authorized Acura to charge me once a month!

Not only that Acura lying to me by saying that they had been trying to contact me during the past 2 years, which is the biggest lie in the world -- because I have never received any mail/call regarding the 2014 RLX until July, 2018 and I have been paying the monthly payment of the 2016 RLX every month. I called Westchester Acura and spoke with the General Manager who was angry as well and states that he will contact Acura Financial Services in the morning.

Regardless what outcome it will be, I have lost trust and confidence towards Acura and would like to share this experience with you guys, especially the potential buyers -- stay away from Acura unless you want to be screwed up and potentially have your credit scores affected negatively and being bullied and discriminated like this! I plan to go to court if this matter is not resolved. Watch out giving business to Acura! Watch your wallet because Acura may steal from you like what they did to me!

Acura Company Information