Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.35/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

formerly Guardian Interlock Service

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

71 ALCOLOCK Canada Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 22, 2019

I blew into this device everyday for a week plus 2 others blew as well and the reading kept coming back "ready for test". Now Alcolock wants me to pay for a new install. I am reading nothing but negatives about Alcolock!!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This company and system that was supposedly created to help us are completely false. I have had the worse experience with this company. I DO NOT RECOMMEND the ALCOLOCK system until it has a better system. Therefore I need your help and support from all of you! Please email me as we have a case open at the moment with them and the back on track team. The staff treats you like ** from day one. You have questions they have no answers! You speak French!!! Good luck. There's no operators! They'll put on hold for 1 1/2. Don't call at 4:40. They again put you on hold till office closes at 5:00!

You can call 3 times for your monthly fees and amount changes every time! I hadn't use my car for the summer, therefore, was told my license was suspended and had to pay 600$ to get the device back to date and license reactivated. That was False. They continued taking my monthly payments without advising me that my license hadn't been activated. I HAD ENOUGH WITH THEM AND PEOPLE GETTING RIPPED OFF.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

In all seriousness, I have been in the automotive repair industry for almost 4 decades and I have never seen such low standards with zero input from any person that might offer common sense. First off they make equipment that can tell the difference between alcohol and food, but it was not used here. I am not able to eat any food within 3 hours of driving or I register a failure, I have not had a drink in almost a year now, but that has not stopped the failures or the constant stranding at the side of the road for failing a rolling test.

Next is the poor installation that was done. I am unable to turn back the ignition key to use the radio, so no my drive-in movies and the unplugged my transmission cooling fan. Also no provisions were made for anyone capable of working on their own vehicle. So far I have had early recalls for reflashing my radio, as it has not been right since the installation, another recall for replacement of the radio after flashing did not correct the problem. I had an emergency recall for eating a pepperoni stick.

Another recall for programming my engine computer, something I do every spring and fall, and my latest recall for my transmission failing. I have called to talk to someone about my situation and was left on hold for a half hour before getting somebody's voicemail, they never returned my call. Since then I have left a few messages for a supervisor or someone in management that is more than a seat cover and can actually make a decision. The extra scam fees (early recalls) must be their bread and butter since nobody ever wants to correct what is clearly wrong. Waiting for a class action to start, if I had the money I would start it myself. Until then I am stuck with the legal rape the government allows them to do to my bank account.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I had nothing but issues with this device since the first day! I was lied to about the first month and installation being free. No body shops in Iowa are trained and wires were not reconnected properly when it was installed. The device drained my battery on a 2016 Honda Accord every time it was used. Also, the humming and blowing on the device is too sensitive and doesn’t work well. Don’t waste your time or money with this company!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Attention anyone needing an Alcolock installation in Southern Ontario. See Chadd at Speedy Glass in St. Catharines. He is patient, thorough and fast. Did not make me feel like a criminal. And yes, he does push-button ignitions. Call **. That is his direct line- leave a message and he will get right back to you. It's worth the drive to St. Catharines. Thanks Chadd for a great experience- well, as great as it could be.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ALCOLOCK Canada?

Original review: June 11, 2018

If you are thinking about getting this device put into your car don't. Had nothing but problems since the first minute. I tried to use this thing and continuously abort you the first month it was in my car. I'm lucky if I got 2 hours drive time. They say you got 15 minutes. I timed it. It's 10. Then they give you 300 seconds to blowing this thing. You blow into it. It abort you every single time. Sat on the side of the road numerous times the first month trying to get my car started. The second month went to get it recalibrated. Of course it worked every time the guy had it hooked up to his recalibration machine. Went to leave the parking lot. Got 10 minutes down the road it aborted me again. Sat on the side of the road after 10 or 15 minutes of lockout time.

After a divorce you you're locked out for 5 minutes. I was able to get the car started so I made it home. Went back in the next day start the car. Now the car says Service - 1 what it says Service - 5. It permanently locks you out so I was permanently locked out for the whole month. Had to have the car towed to the shop. He recalibrated again for the new handset. On this time I made it 10 minutes down the road. Started to blow on it. Aborted me back to service - 1.

So now I'm really pissed off and stressed out. Took the car back to the shop yesterday. Breaking laws speeding driving like a reckless maniac to get this car to the shop and fear that it's not going to start back up. My own dumb fault. I didn't read the reviews. I should have read the reviews. There's so many bad reviews on this company. Also it's free installation to get it put into your car. Don't think it's free to take it out because it's not. I'm having this thing removed whatever the cost. May be the only thing this company knows how to do is take your money and rip you off. Please take my advice. Stay real far away from this company.

Original review: May 1, 2018

So as we all who review this know we got caught under the influence which sucks but it is what it is. Now I was to get an ignition lock on my car, so I ended up calling Alcolock, I was to get Intoxolock not an Alcolock and they still put an Alcolock in my car. They said it was the same thing so I paid for installation and paid for the device... Now to remove the wrong device I had to email my PO, get that approved, pay both companies and get both to have the same day installation on my vehicle. ALCOLOCK knew they were on the wrong based on my paperwork that was on my court documents. Now I have spent so much money is not even funny. Calling them is a joke. I can wait to the BBB to investigate especially since the location I went to 8308 Long Point Rd, Houston, TX 77055 had the display and had drunk people blow on it for fun when I was there for 3 hours.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I wish there was a way of rating minus 20. I have to say with all the negative on this site that the Better Business Bureau has not started an investigation into the handling of customers' complaints. My son has had this machine in his car since January 2017 and I have to call them on numerous occasions because I have deal with something on his behalf or they hang up on him. They are rude, disrespectful, negligent in their duties. We found out that when Speedy Glass installed the machine they tapped into the main wiring system (we had a mechanic check it out) in the car. The heat doesn’t work, his signals won’t work most of the time, it stalls out all the time. He can be driving and all of a sudden it stops. He can stop at a convenience store 20 minutes from home and try and start it and it can take up to 10-20 tries or it locks him out and then try and get Alcolock to unlock that will be $56.00 please.

My fear is one day his kids are going to be with him when this happens and become stranded on some side road (we are in the country not the city so we don’t have access to public transport). Like they say there is nothing like the scorn of a woman or a grandparent with a grandchild. It should cost according to the lady I spoke to at Alcolock $128.00 plus tax per month and to date because I insisted on knowing how much has been spent. It has cost over $2500.00. They won’t give an explanation as to why it keeps locking out but we know it was installed incorrectly.

The guy who installed this was fired and from the words spoken by the owner he didn’t know what he was doing. Guess what? Nobody takes ownership. I have on the phone with everyone involved with Back on Trac. My advice to all is contact your member of parliament because this is their baby and demand changes to the process. Don’t get me wrong. I am against drinking and driving but I also don’t like people being abused by any system. That is not fair.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I had a flat tire on the weekend, was able to pump it up to get it to a repair shop that was actually open on a Sunday. The fellows at the shop could not help me as they needed to put the car on a hoist and needed to get my remote thing on service mode, there is no one at ALCOLOCK that can do this on a weekend, taxi home and back Monday. I called ALCOLOCK to ask why there is no one able to help on the weekend. Only minimal things can be done and apparently needing service on your car isn't anything they are concerned about. The fellow was quite rude and couldn't have cared less, l wasn't abusive or anything but he hung up on me as soon as he felt he was done. So now the fellows at the service shop have to waste (their time) sitting on hold with ALCOLOCK waiting their turn as longer than normal call volume to speak with tech support.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I have had the interlock on my truck for 8 months. I attempt (or attempted) to have it serviced every two months. However, I am bringing it in for service at least monthly now because it keeps getting recalls for false positives. I have been stranded on the side I-40 for nearly 4 hours, I have been stranded at my children's bus stop and had to call in to work that I was not coming, and most recently stuck at Food Lion for nearly 3 hours in 20 degree weather and can not start my truck. After 8 months I have noticed that it is ALWAYS on the first re-test. It always works for the first test to start the engine, then on the first re-test it may fail... If it does not, then all other test will be good.

The time I was stuck on the side of I-40, I had a state trooper pull up behind me, and I asked for a breath test and some sort of documentation to note that I have NOTHING in my system. He obliged me, I blew, it was 0.0, and he wrote a note for me on the back of one of his cards. The company states that anything can set it off. I have since removed hand sanitizer from my truck. I have stopped wearing beard oil. I have even given up Chapstick. But it seems that it is picking up something.

I have received a letter from the NC DMV that I am in violation and I need to send in my license or either request a hearing. So not only am I paying for each of the recalls, time out of my day to have them "serviced", I am now going to have to go to a hearing about this faulty piece of equipment. I see that someone mentioned CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT on the other reviews. I am 100 percent on board with that. I am researching lawyers NOW and will be looking to move on this ASAP. If I have no traction on a lawsuit then I want to look into how and why governments are allowing this piece of equipment to be used as a means of alcohol measurements and the basis of people's actions when it is truly so faulty. I have seen it firsthand along with a NC State Trooper. I failed three test, the Trooper administered his breath test (came up 0.0), and then I failed two more tests. IT IS FAULTY.

ALCOLOCK Canada (formerly Guardian Interlock Service) Company Information