Find an Auto and Truck Accessories partner

formerly Guardian Interlock Service

1.3/5 (79 ratings)
Find an Auto and Truck Accessories partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About ALCOLOCK Canada

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

ALCOLOCK Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ALCOLOCK Canada?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ALCOLOCK Canada?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

This is a poor example of technology. I was in a snowstorm on my way to work and the Alcolock device was going off. I pulled over on the shoulder and had to turn the car off, got locked out for 5 minutes then it worked fine. It happened again 10 minutes later, I pulled over, shut off the car, got locked out for another 5 minutes. The next time it went off, I kept driving all the way to work with the alarm going off. There were 2 cops in front of me at a stop sign, they didn't bother me at all. I pulled into my workplace shut it off, signed in and got back in to park it. It also gave me a service lockout, so I had to wait until they opened, lost 2 hours of work because of it. Please let me know how to get involved in the class action lawsuit. Don't bother calling the number for service unless it's business hours. **

Original review: March 18, 2020

HORRIFIC service, to say the least. Didn't even make it as far as actually getting to the installation appointment, as they rescheduled on me twice. The first time was for a double booking, pushing my appointment back by over a week, which is unacceptable. Then I tried to call and cancel my appointment and be refunded to go with the competitor (who, incidentally, charges $150 LESS in up-front costs), was told I cannot get a confirmation email that this was done. So now I'm hoping and praying my $250 that they took and processed WEEKS in advance of the appointment wasn't for nothing.

Lastly, just dealt with a legitimately psychotic "customer service" representative who MUST BE FIRED. After I told them (verbatim) that they need to "get it together on their end" after a call just now (24 hours after I confirmed that I cancelled my appointment and was told I would be refunded) stating that my appointment for today had been cancelled and I could reschedule anytime, the service rep started screaming at ME! I hadn't raised my voice once and I said, "how dare you speak to me this way, you're in customer service and you're calling ME with the wrong info" to which she responded, "HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME THAT WAY." I hung up. I've worked in customer service for over 8 years, and if I EVER had the nerve to talk to a customer that way, I would have lost my job yesterday. So this is the experience you'll receive if you choose Alcolock Canada. DO NOT CHOOSE THEM. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Get buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2020

If I can rate this place a negative number, it will be -100, They prey on you to pay them fees and they give you a device that has a slow software so they can blame you as consumer and pay their fees..BEWARE THEY'RE A SCAM FOR YOUR MONEY. They take no responsibility on their device giving false codes and I called and try to explain that my device is having issues.

ON one and several occasion I spoke with CYNTHIA and a few of the girls that work there ABOUT MY device not working properly, ok NP I go get another one and again the same problem occurs. A fee of $85 for a code that pops up, another example, my truck being in for service with the mechanic having proof receipt, this lady CYNTHIA and Senida charge me a fee for a code $85, oil change for my truck, a fee for a code $85, change my breaks, a fee for the code $85. When I tried to jumpstart my truck my device automatically gave me a code that avoids me from turning my truck on and GUESS WHAT A FEE FOR?.. I ask CYNTHIA that I need to recalibrate my device the following day. On my due date WHICH HAPPENS TO BE A DAY EARLY 3/12/20, She Told me that I have 2 options, one option is to get my truck towed to the shop for recalibration or Pay $85 dollars for the fee of a new Code to start my truck.

"I said NO because the device is the issue and I've done nothing wrong to pay a fee of $85." I'm always on time paying 2 months in advance, so I don't waste time driving there once a month for calibrating the device. CYNTHIA Repeated herself like some Parrot saying the exact same words, and refuses to help and understand my situation, She was so rude and childish as a manager she claims to be. I Paid $166.15 for the fee and to remove this device from my Truck.

Unbelievable how they scammed me multiple fees and then I finally caught on to them!! I will report them with Better Business Bureau for capitalism on a system that people trust and believe that it's for our on good and ordered by the court. This female Cynthia had the audacity to threat me with reporting me the DMV for noncompliance and the courts will be aware too. My plan is not use this weak business and use a different one that is more legit. So people be aware. Dont trust this horrible so called company!!! This is from the Santa Monica location.

Original review: March 5, 2020

05 means failure to blow. That could be various lists of ridiculous request on the same blow test. Simple, blow harder, hum louder, switch out mouthpiece etc. Does not matter there’s a glitch in the system because these are refurbished machines. No worries you will have five working days to reschedule your Alcolock violation re-testing. Absolutely you will be paying extra for this service nothing but a con!! Hilarious you can drive down the street horn blowing, lights flashing, alarm blaring. Police won’t pull you over. They could care less. Buyer beware. Do your homework. Do not go with Alcolock. They are not conveniently located. There’s not one in my county and I have to go all the time to have this darn breathalyzer reset because of the violation has nothing to do with alcohol! A scam. Remember refurbished garbage!

Original review: March 2, 2020

WARNING: Do not go with this company at all cost. My friends I have read all the reviews before going with them and thought Naah this will not happen to me. Went to install it and 2 days later I canceled my lease with them and had them take it off. Lost almost 700$ in this entire ordeal once I realized it's a trap for the long haul.

Long story short, got machine installed, paid 125$ and everything was fine, few hours later I get Abort message showing after every retest, got stranded like 10 times in two days, then finaly I get no ecu connection message and can't try at all, took cab home, car parked in random place in freezing cold, all this while Alcolock don't even pick up the phone once, now Monday called the shop. He said machine is no good, I have to replace it for you, call alcolock and come back, called alcolock for appointment. They want more money!! For what, for bad device they supplied in first place!! I said take the damn thing off my car and am not giving into your entrapment to extort me out of my $, they wanted another 291 to cancel my lease and remove it.

I paid the money and finally removed it, I lost money on cabs, towing, installation, and uninstalling of this garbage device. It's expensive lesson but it could of costed more if I continued with them. My friends, those devices are not meant to keep people safe, it's a device to bring more misery to your situation and bleed your pockets dry. Technicians are not honest and they will give you bad device just so they have you go back for service and collect more and more money from you, this company is robbing people and the gov is well aware of it. What a shame!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I would not and I mean DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT, it should not even be allowed to classify a product. You ask for my story well here it goes. My appointment supposed to take 3 hrs. It was seven. Why you ask? Well in parking lot great. Went down the street and shut truck off. Won't let me restart for almost half hour. Finally get truck going. The company had to change out hand held unit. Away we go then it shuts my truck off, call the company again. Finally gets my truck started. Ecu no communication, they have to change ecu, then finally after an hour or so we can leave. All good.

Made it halfway home and guess what? Wants a retest, I blew in it three times. The girlfriend even tried and next thing you would think it's a board game operation when if you touch the sides bells and whistles goes off, ensure you have a good stereo in vehicle and crank the tunes and drive on. That's what I did, next day going to go from Drayton to Ottawa for Xmas with my kids and grandkids 6hrs trying to start vehicle. Nope then I get locked out. I try calling the number to get a code and I have to wait until Monday morning, so I lose out on family weekend and does the company care?

No, the person that says there's a lawsuit against them please tell us how to contact you, I wouldn't even let my worst enemy out this product in a vehicle, someone else said it is a cash grab and they should be ashamed by telling you friendly service, great product. Only thing I agree with is sponsored by government cause they're all liars too. So in closing I pay for a product I might as well said no to back on track, cause I've had the unit three days now and I got to drive my truck to site for installation and home. What a joke. Friday the 13th is a nightmare, day.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I had my Alcolock system installed in January 2019 and I've had nothing but problems with it.... I quit drinking almost a year. It'll be a year on October31st 2019.... I even took an ASAP class fro 10 weeks on every Saturday and my last class I took my alcolock system failed me but finally I got my car started and was able to go to my class and I have to take a breathalyzer at my class and I blew all zeros.... This Alcolock system is terrible and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!!!! Now I have to extend the alcolock system on my car because of the failures and I don't even drink!!!!! Yes I know I messed up by drinking and driving but damn!!!! I think it's all about the money... I hate alcolock so don't use them... The alcolock system sucks!!!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

You can call 3 different times and get 3 different answers to the same questions. I don’t understand how they can run a business this way. It’s very clear they are only out to make money off of you charging $80 to the customer when their machine messes up. "Want to change the battery in your car? $80 dollars please...." "Wait what does that have to do with drinking and driving..." "Nothing I can do. $80 dollars please." I can’t wait for the class action lawsuit I’m in.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I blew into this device everyday for a week plus 2 others blew as well and the reading kept coming back "ready for test". Now Alcolock wants me to pay for a new install. I am reading nothing but negatives about Alcolock!!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This company and system that was supposedly created to help us are completely false. I have had the worse experience with this company. I DO NOT RECOMMEND the ALCOLOCK system until it has a better system. Therefore I need your help and support from all of you! Please email me as we have a case open at the moment with them and the back on track team. The staff treats you like ** from day one. You have questions they have no answers! You speak French!!! Good luck. There's no operators! They'll put on hold for 1 1/2. Don't call at 4:40. They again put you on hold till office closes at 5:00!

You can call 3 times for your monthly fees and amount changes every time! I hadn't use my car for the summer, therefore, was told my license was suspended and had to pay 600$ to get the device back to date and license reactivated. That was False. They continued taking my monthly payments without advising me that my license hadn't been activated. I HAD ENOUGH WITH THEM AND PEOPLE GETTING RIPPED OFF.

ALCOLOCK Canada (formerly Guardian Interlock Service) Company Information