Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

formerly Guardian Interlock Service

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.34/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

ALCOLOCK Canada Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I would not and I mean DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT, it should not even be allowed to classify a product. You ask for my story well here it goes. My appointment supposed to take 3 hrs. It was seven. Why you ask? Well in parking lot great. Went down the street and shut truck off. Won't let me restart for almost half hour. Finally get truck going. The company had to change out hand held unit. Away we go then it shuts my truck off, call the company again. Finally gets my truck started. Ecu no communication, they have to change ecu, then finally after an hour or so we can leave. All good.

Made it halfway home and guess what? Wants a retest, I blew in it three times. The girlfriend even tried and next thing you would think it's a board game operation when if you touch the sides bells and whistles goes off, ensure you have a good stereo in vehicle and crank the tunes and drive on. That's what I did, next day going to go from Drayton to Ottawa for Xmas with my kids and grandkids 6hrs trying to start vehicle. Nope then I get locked out. I try calling the number to get a code and I have to wait until Monday morning, so I lose out on family weekend and does the company care?

No, the person that says there's a lawsuit against them please tell us how to contact you, I wouldn't even let my worst enemy out this product in a vehicle, someone else said it is a cash grab and they should be ashamed by telling you friendly service, great product. Only thing I agree with is sponsored by government cause they're all liars too. So in closing I pay for a product I might as well said no to back on track, cause I've had the unit three days now and I got to drive my truck to site for installation and home. What a joke. Friday the 13th is a nightmare, day.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I had my Alcolock system installed in January 2019 and I've had nothing but problems with it.... I quit drinking almost a year. It'll be a year on October31st 2019.... I even took an ASAP class fro 10 weeks on every Saturday and my last class I took my alcolock system failed me but finally I got my car started and was able to go to my class and I have to take a breathalyzer at my class and I blew all zeros.... This Alcolock system is terrible and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!!!! Now I have to extend the alcolock system on my car because of the failures and I don't even drink!!!!! Yes I know I messed up by drinking and driving but damn!!!! I think it's all about the money... I hate alcolock so don't use them... The alcolock system sucks!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

You can call 3 different times and get 3 different answers to the same questions. I don’t understand how they can run a business this way. It’s very clear they are only out to make money off of you charging $80 to the customer when their machine messes up. "Want to change the battery in your car? $80 dollars please...." "Wait what does that have to do with drinking and driving..." "Nothing I can do. $80 dollars please." I can’t wait for the class action lawsuit I’m in.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I blew into this device everyday for a week plus 2 others blew as well and the reading kept coming back "ready for test". Now Alcolock wants me to pay for a new install. I am reading nothing but negatives about Alcolock!!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This company and system that was supposedly created to help us are completely false. I have had the worse experience with this company. I DO NOT RECOMMEND the ALCOLOCK system until it has a better system. Therefore I need your help and support from all of you! Please email me as we have a case open at the moment with them and the back on track team. The staff treats you like ** from day one. You have questions they have no answers! You speak French!!! Good luck. There's no operators! They'll put on hold for 1 1/2. Don't call at 4:40. They again put you on hold till office closes at 5:00!

You can call 3 times for your monthly fees and amount changes every time! I hadn't use my car for the summer, therefore, was told my license was suspended and had to pay 600$ to get the device back to date and license reactivated. That was False. They continued taking my monthly payments without advising me that my license hadn't been activated. I HAD ENOUGH WITH THEM AND PEOPLE GETTING RIPPED OFF.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ALCOLOCK Canada?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

In all seriousness, I have been in the automotive repair industry for almost 4 decades and I have never seen such low standards with zero input from any person that might offer common sense. First off they make equipment that can tell the difference between alcohol and food, but it was not used here. I am not able to eat any food within 3 hours of driving or I register a failure, I have not had a drink in almost a year now, but that has not stopped the failures or the constant stranding at the side of the road for failing a rolling test.

Next is the poor installation that was done. I am unable to turn back the ignition key to use the radio, so no my drive-in movies and the unplugged my transmission cooling fan. Also no provisions were made for anyone capable of working on their own vehicle. So far I have had early recalls for reflashing my radio, as it has not been right since the installation, another recall for replacement of the radio after flashing did not correct the problem. I had an emergency recall for eating a pepperoni stick.

Another recall for programming my engine computer, something I do every spring and fall, and my latest recall for my transmission failing. I have called to talk to someone about my situation and was left on hold for a half hour before getting somebody's voicemail, they never returned my call. Since then I have left a few messages for a supervisor or someone in management that is more than a seat cover and can actually make a decision. The extra scam fees (early recalls) must be their bread and butter since nobody ever wants to correct what is clearly wrong. Waiting for a class action to start, if I had the money I would start it myself. Until then I am stuck with the legal rape the government allows them to do to my bank account.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I had nothing but issues with this device since the first day! I was lied to about the first month and installation being free. No body shops in Iowa are trained and wires were not reconnected properly when it was installed. The device drained my battery on a 2016 Honda Accord every time it was used. Also, the humming and blowing on the device is too sensitive and doesn’t work well. Don’t waste your time or money with this company!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Attention anyone needing an Alcolock installation in Southern Ontario. See Chadd at Speedy Glass in St. Catharines. He is patient, thorough and fast. Did not make me feel like a criminal. And yes, he does push-button ignitions. Call **. That is his direct line- leave a message and he will get right back to you. It's worth the drive to St. Catharines. Thanks Chadd for a great experience- well, as great as it could be.

Original review: June 11, 2018

If you are thinking about getting this device put into your car don't. Had nothing but problems since the first minute. I tried to use this thing and continuously abort you the first month it was in my car. I'm lucky if I got 2 hours drive time. They say you got 15 minutes. I timed it. It's 10. Then they give you 300 seconds to blowing this thing. You blow into it. It abort you every single time. Sat on the side of the road numerous times the first month trying to get my car started. The second month went to get it recalibrated. Of course it worked every time the guy had it hooked up to his recalibration machine. Went to leave the parking lot. Got 10 minutes down the road it aborted me again. Sat on the side of the road after 10 or 15 minutes of lockout time.

After a divorce you you're locked out for 5 minutes. I was able to get the car started so I made it home. Went back in the next day start the car. Now the car says Service - 1 what it says Service - 5. It permanently locks you out so I was permanently locked out for the whole month. Had to have the car towed to the shop. He recalibrated again for the new handset. On this time I made it 10 minutes down the road. Started to blow on it. Aborted me back to service - 1.

So now I'm really pissed off and stressed out. Took the car back to the shop yesterday. Breaking laws speeding driving like a reckless maniac to get this car to the shop and fear that it's not going to start back up. My own dumb fault. I didn't read the reviews. I should have read the reviews. There's so many bad reviews on this company. Also it's free installation to get it put into your car. Don't think it's free to take it out because it's not. I'm having this thing removed whatever the cost. May be the only thing this company knows how to do is take your money and rip you off. Please take my advice. Stay real far away from this company.

Original review: May 1, 2018

So as we all who review this know we got caught under the influence which sucks but it is what it is. Now I was to get an ignition lock on my car, so I ended up calling Alcolock, I was to get Intoxolock not an Alcolock and they still put an Alcolock in my car. They said it was the same thing so I paid for installation and paid for the device... Now to remove the wrong device I had to email my PO, get that approved, pay both companies and get both to have the same day installation on my vehicle. ALCOLOCK knew they were on the wrong based on my paperwork that was on my court documents. Now I have spent so much money is not even funny. Calling them is a joke. I can wait to the BBB to investigate especially since the location I went to 8308 Long Point Rd, Houston, TX 77055 had the display and had drunk people blow on it for fun when I was there for 3 hours.

Not sure about ALCOLOCK Canada?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Auto and Truck Accessories for you.

ALCOLOCK Canada (formerly Guardian Interlock Service) Company Information