Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.78/5

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

AAMCO Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAMCO?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAMCO?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Hi this is Matt. I recently brought my van in to have a transmission change done and paid the cost of the repair only to find out the transmission I brought in was garbage. Then saved up some money to pay for a rebuild and you guys helped me out tremendously. You guys are amazing. Thank you very very much for all your help and understanding and I was dealing with Chris. He is very polite and informative. He let me know what was wrong before work was done to seek my approval. Amazing.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I will definitely revisit this AAMCO shop because of the convenience of the location, professional and friendly staff, the quick services, great selection of products and services. Thanks so much Edwin!

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2020

Recently moved to Milford, CT and Encountered car problems and was trying to find good company to fix my car. Called local Aamco, Orange, Ct. From the first conversation with them was lengthy and detailed about the issues I was having with my car. I appreciate Service Adviser Daniel **, Technician Colin, for great job they performed on my car!

Original review: May 28, 2020

Concord NH.. Our AAMCO men were very good on working on my husband's van.. I spoke to Jeremy several times and he assured me all went well on the van.. They respect our military & offer a discount also. Thank you Aamco on Loudon Rd in Concord NH.

CJ
      Concord NH

5/27/20

Original review: April 16, 2021

This "business" is a fraud. Know this- any business that offers a 12 month warranty is selling crap. $3,000 for a transmission that went out in under 20,000 miles. And what did they offer me!? Another piece of crap transmission for another $3,000. Like I'm going to let the same place sucker me twice!? Go with a small independent shop. Don't trust these con artists.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Mine trans went out and got towed to AAMCO. They installed a rebuilt trans and my van wouldn’t pull off the rack, they put in another one and 18 days before the warranty was out the pump went out. Had to take it all the way back to the same shop that installer in instead of the shop in my home town but they installed a new one. I ask if the warranty was extended and was told no so I only had the remaining 9 days left. And about 7 month later today the transmission blew the pump again. Three bad transmissions, can’t afford another 3000 to give to them.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I brought my vehicle, a 2014 Nissan Murano, into the AAMCO location at 845 N Military Trail, West Palm Beach, FL on December 19, 2020. When dropping off the vehicle I told the manager on duty what problems I was experiencing. Car over revving, almost up to 5,000 RPMs, very low transmission fluid possibly due to a leak, and unable to accelerate. I was told that his personnel would be able to look at the vehicle on Monday and ascertain the problem/solution.

I was called on Monday or Tuesday and was informed that my car's transmission had failed and required a rebuild. Perhaps that determination was made based on the fact that Nissan acknowledged a nationwide problem with their CVT transmissions in 2016 and ultimately doubled the vehicle warranties to 10 yr/120,000 miles versus 5/60. I cannot verify the initial findings. I was not going to question the findings or the solution based on the transmission history I acquired from Nissan. I told them to please make the repairs in an expeditious manner, as I was renting a vehicle at a cost of almost $500/wk due to it being during the holiday season.

I was called in the first week of January 2021 and informed my vehicle was finally repaired and the total cost was $4,638.98. I had already been informed of the approximate cost prior to repairs. I picked up the vehicle on January 7, 2021. Fast forward to yesterday, February 2, 2021. On my way back from Miami my car started over revving and losing acceleration, the exact same symptoms which brought me to AAMCO in the first place. I called the shop and was told to bring in the vehicle in the morning (today).

Imagine my shock when I was told that the cause of the problem was a leak of transmission fluid from the transmission line going into the radiator, and now the radiator needs to be replaced due to the fact this line is part of the radiator and not the transmission, at an additional cost to me. I informed them that this was/is a pre-existing condition, and this was the reason my vehicle was brought to their repair shop in December in the first place. Same exact conditions and performance factors in December and yesterday. They have denied that this is any of their responsibility and it is completely up to me.

They had me sign a waiver that the radiator requires replacement and if the fitting (which they say they tightened/repaired) leaks again and damages the transmission, AAMCO WILL NOT cover the transmission under the original warranty agreement. Then today I go to leave my home and my car is dead. Come to find out that after they removed and replaced my car battery, they never tightened one bolt on the battery terminals, so they were making no connection to power the car. NEVER GO TO THIS ESTABLISHMENT, EVER!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I met Mr. ** at the beginning of the coronavirus- March 26th 2020. I paid him cash for a service repair a new gearbox for a 1994 Jeep Cherokee. I went there January 5th 2021 and he refused to give me the warranty without my receipt. He is a thief and a crook. Avoid his services at all costs. He took my cash and did not report the repair to his corporate office. There were no computer records of him ever working on my truck regardless of the photos I have of the transfer case he replaced and the new one he was putting in. I have time stamped photos of my truck in his establishment. He pocketed the cash and did not tell corporate he worked on my truck. That's why there is no computer receipt -AVOID HIM AT ALL COSTS -HE IS A CROOK AND A CHEAT.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Ron the Manager of AAMCO @Grand Ave/134th Dr & Bell Rd. seemed like an upfront guy at first, but once he had possession of my car then came the Demon. I took my car in to learn that an $800 dollar "Valve Body Job" would most likely solve my problem. After which it had sat at the shop for three weeks before they even started working on it. I had called them and went in several times to request an ETA to no avail. At one time he was boldened enough to tell me "What do you expect? The car is broken". On the third week I received a call from Ron that they will have my car ready before COB that day. Ron proceeded to tell me that he needed to find a receipt of an additional part that my car needed and that he would add that to the cost of my bill.

When I arrived to get my car out I viewed the bill (which was just a hair under a $1000 dollars). The additional part was listed on the bill. I then asked to see the receipt for that part in which he previously claimed he had to find before adding it to my bill. He then got belligerent with me. While he was briefly in the process of searching for the receipt that he ultimately couldn't come up with. He was then quite perturbed and decided that he would not take any of my credit cards and insisted that I pay cash. He then instructed his guys to impound my car in a brick wall storage yard that was just across to the front of his office. Nonetheless it took me several weeks before I could raise the cash to get my oiled stained dirt ridden car out. To my worst nightmare, after paying close to $1000 my car still has the same problem as before.

Warranty or not do I dare take my car back to them to honor that warranty to lose it for another month or possibly have another $1000 bill and risk not having the transmission repaired at all. This forced me to take my car to the dealer to have it properly repaired. The dealer informed me that the transmission was un-repairable and that it needed to have the transmission replaced, which cost me an additional $3000 to fix it correctly. What's so obvious is if you've ever been to this AAMCO shop it looks like a salvage yard with what appears to be abandoned dirt ridden cars strewn up and down the lot, to a point where it doesn't afford any parking space. You can verify that on Google Map. I guess I'm not the only one to have had my car impounded by Ron's mischievous acts of terror. WARNING TO THE WISE - Don't get caught in Ron's trap…Said the Spider to the Fly. I'll see you in COURT Ron!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

November 9th, 2020 Aamco analyzed my 09 Honda Pilot due to front end vibrations. The vibrations were felt during acceleration, mostly between the speeds of 40-55mph. After analyzing the transmission externally, Aamco said they needed to go inside the transmission to determine the issue. Labor would have to be charged for this. I gave them consent. The cost was approximately $130.

After analyzing the transmission internally Aamco said no transmission issues. They diagnosed the vehicle's transfer case as the part causing the vibrations. My initial decision was to pick up the vehicle to take elsewhere because they could not confirm being able to fix the current part and they wanted to charge $750 to open the transfer case for a diagnosis. A manager by the name of Luke called me saying instead of fixing he could just replace the part for $1500. Luke assured me that replacing the transfer case would fix the problem and that he was confident this was the problem. Because of my reluctance I later called back and asked Luke to complete the job for $1300 instead of $1500. Luke agreed. I also asked for a completion date. I was told by Mon or Tue at the latest (16th or 17th).

Mon, Nov 16th I called to find out if the job was complete. I was told they were waiting for the part. I expressed that it had been a week and I was expecting the vehicle back by Tue at the latest. We were paying for a rental but a family member was also scheduled for surgery on Wed. We needed the vehicle for transport. The man at the front desk shared his empathy. Aamco said they would do everything they could to have the vehicle back by Tue.

Tue, Nov 17th I called Aamco in the morning to confirm the vehicle would be finished. I was told they are doing all they can to have the vehicle ready that same day. At approx. 2pm I received a call from Aamco stating, "Mr. **, we were able to get it done in time for you." I was not impressed with that presentation considering I had been without my vehicle for over a week.

At approx. 4:30pm my wife and I arrived at Aamco to pick up the vehicle. They again confirmed the problem was resolved. They said they even test drove the vehicle to make sure. At approx. 4:45pm we left Aamco. My wife was driving the Pilot. At approx. 4:50pm My wife called me frustrated because the vibrations were still glaringly present. At approx. 4:55pm I called Aamco expressing my concern that the problem was not resolved. I was told to bring the vehicle back the next day or the day after so they could look at the vehicle again. I mentioned that we would need to work something out on financing since they are already expecting $1300 but did not fix the problem. I was told we would figure everything out.

Thursday, November 19th my wife and I dropped off the pilot at Aamco to be re-evaluated. Friday comes and goes. I hear nothing. Sat around 12 noon I called after not hearing from them. I was told they were still looking into it but it looks like the axle hang bearing was the problem. They needed more time to get the part and confirm. I asked why this wasn't identified before the transfer case. I was told it was complex because the two parts are so close together. Fast forward to today, 11/24. I call for an update after days of silence. I am told the cost will be $1100 to replace the part. I rejected and told them they are at fault for improperly diagnosing the issue.

I was then told by Alan that he had pictures of the first part that was replaced to prove it was broken. When I later asked for those pictures Alan retracted his statement saying he did not have pictures and he, “may or may not” have the part anymore. Alan said he would only show me pictures if I gave him the second job. Alan also told me it was my fault for not reading the invoice. This is faulty logic because the invoice was provided to me after the work was done. The agreement to do the work happened over the phone in which I was never presented with all the options. I was told one thing and something else happened.

I picked up my vehicle and expressed my frustration with the quality of workmanship and being misled. This place was dishonest. This entire process has been shady. One game after the next with no resolve. This Aamco location clearly cares nothing about the business customer relationship. No customer should be subject to this type of treatment.

AAMCO author review by Lauren Fix

Anthony A. Martino opened his first auto repair shop, focusing primarily on transmission repair, in 1957 and expanded the Anthony A. Martino Company (AAMCO) in the early 1960s. The franchise now has more than 650 locations in the United States and offers a wide variety automotive services.

• Franchise locations: AAMCO has independently owned and operated franchises, so exact services, prices and discounts vary by location. This fact also means that when customers visit their local AMMCO, they are supporting local business owners.

• iGAAUGE: The AMMCO app serves as a roadside companion. It can tell users how far they are from the nearest AMMCO location, help them remember to keep a regular preventative maintenance schedule, chat with a technician to troubleshoot automotive problems and more. The app can be downloaded on Apple and Android devices.

• Transmission services: AAMCO’s founder originally focused primarily on the new demand (in the 1950s) for servicing automatic transmissions. The company continues to provide a wide variety of transmission services, including the most comprehensive transmission services in the industry the Power Purge® and Power Purge® Plus Transmission Flush.

• Warranties: Warranties that come with products consumers purchase at one AAMCO or extended warranties purchased from one location will be honored at all franchise locations.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AAMCO Company Information