4.0/5 (597 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

AAMCO Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAMCO?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAMCO?

Original review: July 12, 2022

Three trips to a nasty, filthy store, rude, greasy, nasty employees, that used junk parts two times on my truck, and told me they did. Left my truck unassembled with parts laying in the seats and floorboards. Broke down three times, two tows, and all you get from these disgusting people are lies and excuses. I wouldn't take a broken down Walmart shopping cart to these disgusting, rude people.

Original review: July 8, 2022

I took my car to AAMCO because it was not shifting into overdrive. I was told my transmission was going out and it would be about $3500-4k to replace. Because my car is older I decided it was not worth getting it fixed so I opted to just get a new used car. The dealership I traded my car to did a diagnostic of it told me that in fact the issue was not my transmission, it was the knock sensors which would have been about a $ 300.00 fix. Do not trust this company. They also took advantage of my mom years ago. I should have stuck with my instinct and taken it elsewhere.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2022

DO NOT take your car to the AAMCO on State Street in Boise. Scott, the owner, and his son are very sloppy, rude, unprofessional people. I took my car to the State Street AAMCO twice over the past 3000 miles, and BOTH times the service was awful. Both times they neglected to call me to let me know the car was done, which resulted in me needing to leave it overnight, which as an inconvenience. Both times they messed up the jobs. The first job was for a 90k mile checkup, and they neglected to even check the transmission fluid, which they found low the second time I brought my car in. No leak, just neglect on their part.

The second time I brought my car in was to get a new power steering pump. THE POWER STEERING PUMP FAILED 5 DAYS AFTER THEY INSTALLED IT. I nearly got into an accident but was able to drop my car back off at their shop for them to fix it as it was under warranty. After I dropped the car off, Scott GOT AN ATTITUDE with me on the phone when I called in to figure out when I could pick my car up. He neglected to tell me he may need it over the weekend, and talked down to me as if I was a child. DO NOT TAKE YOUR AUTOMOBILE FOR ANY SERVICE WHATSOEVER AT THE AAMCO ON STATE STREET.

Original review: June 1, 2022

My Car was towed to AAMCO for engine failure and the Manager Tyrell in the manchester location and his team was nothing but helpful throughout the whole process even gave me some vital information on my vehicle so that the Hyundai pays for it and not me. I love the fact that they didn't take advantage of me being a female who knows nothing about cars like most places would have done but worked with me every step of the way.... Thanks, AAMCO. YOU GUYS ROCK!

Original review: May 30, 2022

This company claimed they ordered and rebuilt my transmission and that never happened. They just put a spray painted part in my car and lied. I tried to get the to repair it after discovering what they did and they stated that since my car was looked at by the dealer that discovered it was not my engine. It was my transmission. Aamco stated I was out of warranty because someone else looked at my car and refused to repair my car after receiving over 4000. We also discovered that they never gave me a rebuilt transmission with new parts.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Hi AAMCO customers service here at 6726 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19135 is unsatisfactory. First Receptionist is unprofessional. She liar. They tell you anything to get you off the phone and dismisses you when you call in for update and treat you like you criminal. I left my car there for three weeks and at first parts didn’t come in I was told it be done by Thursday today so I call Wednesday to confirm. The receptionist confirmed with me so I come in to today to pick my car up and now I’m been told they still waiting for a part and they try to blame on me. They was wait saying they was waiting for me to give them the go head but why would they confirm on Wednesday if they didn’t have go head. Then they said it come in today the car be done by 5pm. This place is very unprofessional and disrespectful. I would never come back here again.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Do Not take your car here - incomplete work which lead to unsafe driving. Complete denial of the unsafe incomplete work done. If you want to spend more than you should and have a lot of time go here. Otherwise do yourself a favor and DON'T. Repeat do NOT take your car here.

Original review: March 7, 2022

I really wish that I had done this sooner. What is making me do this now is the commercials on TV now raving about how great Aamco is. I purchased a truck for my son in Loveland, Colorado in 1986 for him to drive after he received his drivers' license. It had a 5 speed manual transmission. Sometime later, the transmission starting to slip pretty badly. I took the truck to the Fort Collins, Colorado AAMCO for repair. They rebuilt it. Soon after, the transmission would slip from 5th to 4th gear on its own. I called and the manager said that it was normal and that it would take some time for it to break in. My son then moved to Oklahoma. Soon after he called to say that only 4th gear and reverse worked. He took it to a shop and was told that someone had put 90 weight oil in it. Guess who did that. If you would like to talk to me about this experience you can contact me at **. It has bothered me for for over 30 years. So much for AAMCO.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

I went to AAMCO to have my truck looked at on 07-18-2021. I dropped my truck off after I was told that they would diagnose the problem. I got a call on 07/30 2021 a week later and they said it would be fixed but the inspection that was supposed to be free ended up costing me 358.00 dollars which I was never told, so I ended up letting them fix the truck and it cost me 1022.00 dollars.

After fixing the cut off valves and stopping circulation of fuel going to the back tank of my truck I drove for one day and noticed that it wasn’t running good so I took it back to aamco. Left it there and they ran a pressure check and told me the fuel pressure was good. Come to find out I had to park the truck on AUGUST 3 2021 and because of the work they did to my truck was in even worse shape than it was when I took it there to be fixed. The only problem with the truck is a common problem with that year and when I brought it to them it was running fine and I just wanted them to fix the problem with the fuel running out of the rear tanks cap randomly.

I waited about a month or two and finally decided to take it to Tire kingdom around 10-9-2-21 around the beginning of October because I didn’t trust AAMCO after the first and second time. Tire Kingdom diagnosed the problem. Replaced the front fuel pump and the truck was running perfect. I drove the truck for a week and that Sunday I noticed fuel leaking out of the back fuel tank cap again. It looked like the same problem AAMCO said they fixed had started up again. So I took it back on Nov 2 2021 to AAMCO to see what happened to the work they did and had a 1 year warranty.

In the process of talking to the guy at the counter the mechanic that worked on my truck kept making smart remarks at me which is what I considered disrespectful and unprofessional. I let it go for the time being left my truck there to be looked at. I was told Nov 6 2021 that without looking at the truck the mechanic was saying that when tire kingdom replaced the front fuel pump that they ripped out the work AAMCO did and I felt he said that because of the shoddy work he did in the first place trying to put the blame on someone else. So I went to tire kingdom and talked to them about what they were being accused of and felt that after talking to them being that when I first got the truck 2 years I put a new fuel pump in it myself and had no problems.

So I go back to AAMCO after they assumed that tire kingdom removed their work so the mechanic says. When I get there I go to look at the problem and notice that the mechanic is saying that the shut off valve is in one of the lines going to the fuel pump. So I try to tell the mechanic. I find it hard to believe that the valves are in one of the 3 lines going to the fuel pump and I’m willing to show him proof. He told me he was a mechanic and to shut up. After looking at the work that was done by tire kingdom and noticed that he didn’t pull the lines apart to even see if the lines were damaged.

After paying 1022.00 to get my truck fixed, I wanted to know why I was still having the same problems after the valves and new lines were installed by aamco. In the process of having this discussion with the mechanic the situation started to get heated and we started having words back and forth and he told me to get the ** out of his shop. I was very frustrated because I trusted aamco with fixing my truck and it was still not fixed. Now I’m stuck with a lost of 1022.00 dollars which is not easy to come by in this time of covid and my truck still isn’t fixed sitting in the driveway waiting for work under warranty to be fixed. You would think that customer service is important but apparently to them that isn’t never going to happen.

Note if you want your car fixed right and not be ripped off and if you GET ripped off don’t call corporate in Pennsylvania P.A. They will find any excuse to get out of addressing the truth to protect themselves from taking the blame for mechanics not qualified to fix your car or horrible customer service which is displayed at the AAMCO in Orange park FL technician ** and the service supervisor **. The address is 356 Blanding Boulevard.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I am a very Satisfied Customer of AAMCO Fuquay Varina. My transmission in My 2010 Chevrolet Silverado had failed on Me. I called and Spoke with Conrad as He was very helpful and eager to help Me get this replaced with a reasonable price and timely manner as Conrad contacted Me to give an update each step of the way. The Guys are Amazing. I would Recommend them to anyone needing automobile repairs. Thanks to the AAMCO Team in Fuquay Varina. You Guys Rock.

AAMCO author review by Lauren Fix

Anthony A. Martino opened his first auto repair shop, focusing primarily on transmission repair, in 1957 and expanded the Anthony A. Martino Company (AAMCO) in the early 1960s. The franchise now has more than 650 locations in the United States and offers a wide variety automotive services.

• Franchise locations: AAMCO has independently owned and operated franchises, so exact services, prices and discounts vary by location. This fact also means that when customers visit their local AMMCO, they are supporting local business owners.

• iGAAUGE: The AMMCO app serves as a roadside companion. It can tell users how far they are from the nearest AMMCO location, help them remember to keep a regular preventative maintenance schedule, chat with a technician to troubleshoot automotive problems and more. The app can be downloaded on Apple and Android devices.

• Transmission services: AAMCO’s founder originally focused primarily on the new demand (in the 1950s) for servicing automatic transmissions. The company continues to provide a wide variety of transmission services, including the most comprehensive transmission services in the industry the Power Purge® and Power Purge® Plus Transmission Flush.

• Warranties: Warranties that come with products consumers purchase at one AAMCO or extended warranties purchased from one location will be honored at all franchise locations.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AAMCO Company Information