Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Auto Transporters

Glenview, IL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.25/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Stateway Auto Transport is fully insured, licensed and bonded to make sure your car arrives safe and sound at its destination. They provide a vehicle tracking service so you can’t know where your car is at all times. They've designed three service plans to meet your specific needs.

Give them a call today and don't forget to visit them online to see their many discounts!

View More View More

Stateway Auto Transport Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2019

Stateway's sales person was very pleasant and sold the company well. He told me they should have a driver lined up in a few days. I followed up after 5 days and he told me they were just waiting on a signature from the driver. I called the next day and was told there was no driver assigned and it could be another week or so. I gave them another day and then tried to contact them to cancel. No email response and no response to voicemails for 3 days. I finally back-doored to their dispatch center and had them cancel. I wasted 10 days trying to work with Stateway. I contacted Montway Auto Transport who had my car on a truck 3 days later. RUN, don't walk, away from Stateway as fast as you can.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I thought Stateway was a better transport company than the others - more reliable, customer facing, caring - but I was wrong. Stateway's contractor for my transport ended up damaging my car, and Stateway did not take responsibility, or help (we are 3+ months in and the status is still "in progress," still with a broken car). I might as well have done the contracting myself. Stateway was reasonably priced, and if they had the appropriate contractor, it might have worked out. My initial customer service representative was good and responsive. When I had problems, I felt like I was just getting handed off to other people, with no results. If my car had not been damaged, or if they took responsibility, this review would probably be different. However, when a problem developed they didn't take responsibility or help resolve any of the situations which developed, and I would definitely not use them again.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I SPOKE TO DAVID FRIDAY 9, 2018 AND WE AGREED THAT HE WILL PICK UP MY CAR EITHER MONDAY OR TUESDAY. TODAY IS FRIDAY 11/16/2018 and my car is still parked by the auction which I am paying fees for it every day that passes by. This company promises what cannot get done. Then I try contact David, he stopped answering my phone calls. I called the driver and he doesn't answer either. I had to call the company and have them cancel everything so I could find someone else to pick it up for me, they tell me I have to pay cancellation fees. Like what on earth? Why would I cancel if you guys were to pick my car up like you promised. Very bad service.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Car was not picked up or delivered on time. Had to keep calling driver for updates. Finally was delivered at 2 am... yes 2 am and damage to roof of car which we did not see till following day because it was dark. 8 weeks later still not resolved and trucking company harassing me to settle outside of insurance. Has been a nightmare. And furthermore stayed at could care less once they get their deposit.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Outstanding service. I will use them again when I need to ship cars in the next few months. Original item was shipped from Rochester NY to Tacoma WA. So about as far as you can go. They answered all my questions during the trip and showed up on schedule. I would highly recommend you to do business with them as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stateway Auto Transport?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

This company made what could be a scary experience into something wonderful. I shipped my Mercedes S550 to my Dad in Asheville, North Carolina and it couldn't have been more flawless. The price was great and my car arrived on time and in perfect condition. The communication all through the process underscored what a professional organization this is. I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Active duty Marine received orders to the East Coast. On July 25, 2017 at 9:32 AM I provided Stateway Auto Sport my Discover Credit Card information because I intended to use their service and my card on order ** was successfully charged for the amount of $100.00. On the same day at 9:51 AM nineteen minutes later I spoke to Stateway Auto Transport representative informing her to please cancel this charge and service because I no longer needed their service.

On the same day at 10:14 AM I received an email stating "your order ** with Stateway Auto Transport has been cancelled." The charge for $100.00 still posted on my credit card. To this date I have not receive a refund. If you have a vehicle to be transported stay away from Stateway and don't believe their good reviews that are on the ConsumerAffairs site! They lie and when I made a complaint to the Better Business Bureau (Complaint ID: **) they continued to lie!

Original review: April 23, 2017

I called in to ask questions and was instructed that a pickup was put on hold as a courtesy yet I would need to call back and confirm. I did not offer my credit card, payment terms, or any action. I spoke to the sales rep the next day and said, "I do not need your service (auto transport)." My car was picked up without my consent. I have no idea where or what condition my car is in??? Need I say more.

Resolution response: Nov. 13, 2017

Stateway Auto Transport contacted me to issue giftcards to compensate my loss due to the incorrect handling of my order. I accept their apology and I hope the same thing never happen again.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I received a quote of $220 more compare to other carrier and I wanted to choose carrier. However the sales representative insisted that the Stateway does price match and adjusted the order confirmation with the matched price. Now at the time of dispatch, stateway said there is no way to keep the promised price, instead the original $220 more price came back. Now I complained about the price hike and they gave $100 discount however it is still $120 more compare to other quote. I feel this way of business is totally unreliable. If the price match is not possible, the matched price never should be provided. I feel so bad about this experience and I'll never come back and ask this company. Don't trust their price match, it is just a lie.

Resolution response: Jan. 9, 2017

I was contacted by a Stateway supervisor and he was able to resolve my complaint and they refunded a portion of the cost to transport as I had requested before I posted this review. The supervisor assured me that he addressed the employees involved and that they were disciplined concerning how my transport was handled.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

I hired Stateway last month to transport a very expensive car because they said they had their own trucks and could do an enclosed transport from Chicago to Las Vegas. This was only partially true as CFR picked it up with an open transport, dropped it off to be shipped on a train to Los Angeles and then it was transported to my house in an open transport. I am thankful that the car was delivered in good condition but it wasn't done by Stateway but CFR. If I didn't care how it was delivered I could have just called CFR and not used Stateway which brokered the transport.

During this process, Stateway lied to me promising me one thing, doing another and charged me more than other bids that I had gotten. I agreed to their price because I thought I was receiving a transported by a company owned enclosed truck from start to finish. If you have a vehicle to be transported stay away from Stateway and don't believe their good reviews that are on the ConsumerAffairs site! They lie and when I made a complaint to the Better Business Bureau they continued to lie!

Stateway Auto Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

This auto transport company claims to provide shipping times that are half the industry standard. Stateway Auto Transport works with individual consumers, car dealerships, auto auctions and moving companies.

• Cost: We estimate the cost of shipping a four-door sedan from Los Angeles to Phoenix to be $375. The company doesn’t require upfront deposits; payment is only necessary upon delivery.

• Types of vehicles shipped: In addition to regular cars, Stateway Auto Transport customers also ship classic and exotic vehicles. Many also opt for enclosed transport to keep their vehicles safe.

• Shipping options: This car shipper does door-to-door delivery with standard, premium and express service available. It uses both enclosed and open transporters.

• Additional services: Stateway Auto Transport maintains a $1 million carrier policy. Customers can track their vehicles in real time, as well.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Stateway Auto Transport Company Information