Stateway Auto Transport

Glenview, IL

Stateway Auto Transport is fully insured, licensed and bonded to make sure your car arrives safe and sound at its destination. They provide a vehicle tracking service so you can’t know where your car is at all times. They've designed three service plans to meet your specific needs.

Give them a call today and don't forget to visit them online to see their many discounts!

Compare Auto Transporters

Research top Auto Transporters recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I just lost my wife and I've called three or four other people to ship her car. Under the circumstances I was in, the finances were not available to me but the gentleman I talked to from Stateway was wonderful. He understood and was very sympathetic. The quote they gave me was upfront then we made a deal, he abided by it and changed the numbers which others have done before. So it worked out really well. I was very pleased with his response, attitude and everything else.

I felt bad for one of the gentlemen or both of them who were living in the place called Dearborn in Michigan that's right by my suburb where they were taking the car. It was terrific and they were very attentive although both of them spoke real broken language which I'm accustomed to because my mom came from the old country. I met them out on the main highway down the street from me because they couldn't get that big hauler in where I was and they were pretty appreciative of that. I saw them, waved them down, then they pulled the car in. I didn't have a lot of money but I gave them both five bucks for going to McDonald's and they appreciated that too.

I also asked if I had to give them any money upfront but they wouldn't take cash. I had a hundred dollars in cash to give and there was a receipt. And they said, "No, sir. We'll take care of it when we get to your house." So they were very nice. I may have another car to send there that I'm trying to sell here in Fort Myers and if I'm not able to, I may send it through them.

I chose this business to ship my car from NY to TX. I called Thursday 11/10 to several auto shippers, as my relocation date was Tuesday 11/15 and had limited time to have my car picked up. After having shopped around, the sole reason why I chose Stateway was because I was told my car would be picked up Saturday, 11/12 and that their standard delivery time was 3-4 days. This would nearly eliminate any need to have to have a rental car beyond 24-48 hours (rates in Austin during this week was $51/day inc. taxes and fees). I was told my deposit would be charged upon contact from my driver; no one ever called, and Stateway's customer service department is closed on the weekends, as I found out from no one answering or returning my calls. They missed my Saturday pickup date, and by Monday, still no call for pickup of my vehicle.

After calling in 2 or 3 times, I got a hold of my sales rep who then told me that their truck broke down on Saturday, which is why no one picked up my car - but no call??? Being that my flight left on Tuesday, I was now STUCK with this auto shipper, as I only had 24 more hours left to hand over these keys to anyone. It took them a few hours to get another truck - I was assured, again, that shipping takes 3-4 days. I was now anticipating arrival by Friday at the latest. Here we are, Monday, and still no car, no call. Today I have called my sales rep and left 2 VM's with the customer service manager who has yet to return my call. The arrival of my vehicle is now at least 5 days later than promised and counting, which has cost me an additional $250 just in rental car fees.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. They will tell you everything you want to hear in order to get your business (2 day pickup, 4 day ship) and then pull a bait and switch and tell you all the fine print after no one bothers to show up or call. I never would have gone with Stateway if I knew their motto was overpromise, underdeliver, and you're the one left to foot the bill. Daniel, the sales rep, has tried to help and is just doing his job, but no one involved in this operation knows how to follow through.

It took nearly a month to transport my Honda from CT to OR. I spoke with Dan and Paul alternately during the experience. First, my car was dispatched within a week to Falcon Auto Movers. Six times they notified my friend in CT that they were picking up the car, and six times they didn't show up. When I called Stateway to complain, I spoke to Paul, who stated that Stateway would not be using Falcon, and assured me it would be dispatched quickly. Three days later, my car was dispatched to Falcon - again. The driver picked up the car and 10 days later, when I had not heard anything, I tried to get in touch with the driver.

He set up a meeting time and place and did not show up. The next day was the same story. I left work early both days and cancelled an appointment one day to meet the driver. At this point, I had no idea where the car was. I also could no longer reach the driver. Finally, someone from Falcon told me that the driver claimed the car had been delivered. After a couple of days, I lost touch with him, too. After reaching out to Paul and Dan at Stateway (again) and threatening to call the police, I finally got my car. My main complaint is with Falcon, but Stateway uses them, so beware!!!

Also, it would have been very helpful if the guys from Stateway had checked in at some point after they got their payment. It took almost a month to get my car, and the many, many calls I had to make was time-consuming, not to mention the stress of having no idea of the location of my car. I highly recommend going with a company that will allow you to track the delivery of your vehicle and deliver the first time they make a promise. Otherwise, it could drag on and on and create a lot of stress for you, the customer.

I liked the customer service people who provided the quote. A guy named Kevin at the Stateway Auto home office was responsive and was the only reason I did this. The driver was very nice. Everything went smoothly and worked well. Better than I expected.

I was moving from Arizona to Illinois and I didn’t want to drive so I shipped my car and I flew. The first transport company we chose must’ve been a ma and pa operation and never came saying that her mother was sick so she couldn’t. Somebody gave me Stateway's name and told me to call there. Everything went smoothly and perfectly. Stateway was the greatest. I spoke to the customer service and they were exact. The day the car arrived, they were really great. I live in a condo so there was no place for them to park but they were very accommodating.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stateway Auto Transport?

Our son had an injury and we were bringing him back to Iowa. We brought his car back from California as well. I was sold to Stateway's cost and the friendliness of the person I spoke to. Their quote was a tad lower than the others. We didn't know when our date would be so I kept their rep on the hook and he kept us on the list. He continually called and asked if we had a date and if we're still okay with the move, which I appreciated. It was very nice. He wanted us to know that he was still there for us. A friend was at the pick-up for us. That went smoothly. Then the driver dropped it off when he said he'd drop it off. The shipping went as smooth as it could be. I would recommend Stateway to everyone.

A car was being gifted from family members to us so we had to get it to where we live now and used Stateway Auto Transport. The quote they gave was okay and I definitely had to negotiate it myself. There was an email that said they would match any offer and then when I called in, they weren't willing to match the lowest offer I got. But they came close to it when I held my ground and then it was shipped very soon with that quote. They definitely hedged about what I would ship and tried to charge me about $400 more than what they ended up making. They also got several things wrong when they entered my information and I had to call back twice to get them fixed. But it happened and the car got here safely so we're happy about that. The shipping and the driver seemed good as well. I definitely had to put a foot down.

I purchased a car that needs repair so it wasn't drivable and then I needed to transfer it from Iowa to Dallas. I shopped for transport and found out that most are brokers so I booked with Stateway. I had a good experience.

I had bought a car at the Leake Auction in Tulsa and I shipped it back to my home in Chicago. I found Stateway off a search on the internet and called them in from there. Their quote was a good and fair price and they stayed with it. The actual carrier wanted $100 or so but they made it right. The rep stayed in contact with them and did a good job. The service was good. I've got another car I'm having rebuilt, so I'll use Stateway again to ship it back.

We were sending a car up to my daughter in college and Stateway Auto Transport said that they would match my lowest quote, that they were a carrier not a broker, and had online tracking of the vehicle. They came back with a decent quote and although they couldn't meet the lowest quote that I had received, it was a fair quote so we went with them. However, I only had interaction with their rep until the car was picked up. They didn't get involved any more at that point but the rep answered my questions very quickly.

Overall, Stateway was good. They were very prompt up until the point that the car was picked up. The only thing that I didn't like was when they told me they were a carrier and had their own trucks which obviously wasn't the case because a completely different shipper picked up the car. They also told me that I could track the vehicle online as it went across the country which was not the case as well. I never even had a chance to talk to somebody nor chat with them to find out. They said that some trucks were not equipped with the vehicle tracking and that I would have to call back via the carrier directly.

My sister moved to the state and got Stateway Auto Transport because they had a good price. However, there was not enough communication as far as me getting a definite date. The driver was great, though, and he delivered early. He jumped it both times when the car wouldn't start, when he picked it up and when he dropped it off. He had good customer service and was awesome.

My daughter was heading to college and we needed to ship a car. I contacted four places and I spoke to a guy on the phone from Stateway Auto Transport. He was great, very informative, and was the only one who actually called and talked to me. The other ones sent me a quote quickly via email and no actual personal contact. Stateway's quote was by far the most reasonable and it was a match once I saw their reviews and the price were good.

The people from Stateway were like a mom-and-pop. They're great, took care of my daughter, and were very sweet to her because they didn't want her coming out at night. They said they only lived an hour away and that if worse comes to worst like she wasn't home because of classes, then they were gonna go back. The bottom line is they looked out for my daughter and that was their first concern. I was very, very comfortable and would definitely, highly recommend them.

I bought a car out of state and had it shipped to my house. I went online to get an idea of what it was going to cost me to ship the car versus going and getting it myself and renting the equipment. Within 45 minutes, I had 30 phone calls, emails and text messages that I was totally overwhelmed with the whole thing. But the rep I talked to at Stateway Auto Transport was very nice, professional and had an honest tone to her voice. When I gave the initial dates, she said that there shouldn't be a problem. She came back a couple of minutes later and said that there might be a chance of getting it earlier if I wanted it earlier and it worked out great. A lot of the other companies who were contacting me were pushy but the rep from Stateway wasn't. I appreciated that because there's nothing I hate more than people bugging me every 20 minutes,

My father is not in good health and the car was in his garage. When the driver got there, the driver maneuvered the truck up into his driveway and hooked the car up right in his garage, pulled it out for him so he didn't have to mess around with anything. The driver went above and beyond what he was paid to do so and I was happy with that. I was concerned with my father trying to do too much and the driver handled everything. He was very cautious with the car because it is an antique Mercedes and it is in impeccable condition.

There was an issue the first time I tried to get the car picked up but that was due to the dealership and not so much with Stateway Auto Transport. Once the car was available, Stateway was quick about it. It was a generally great experience and I didn't have any issues with communication.

Hired Stateway Auto Transport to help my daughter relocate. Their quote was fairly accurate. Their reps were really good and for the most part they were very responsive, professional, courteous and they followed up. There was just a small misunderstanding regarding the window of time. We scheduled on a particular date based on the time I needed to get the vehicle there but what they didn't explain is that it will be the date it will be picked up. I would have scheduled it sooner to make sure that my vehicle got there when I needed it. It was important as my daughter had to go to work and she didn't have a vehicle because we misunderstood how they did that window of time. Nevertheless, my experience was excellent. Everybody that responded was really very courteous and prompt. It felt like they were really dedicated to following up.

I purchased a car from my husband's stepson who lived in Denver, and it needed a one-way transport from Denver to Seattle. I went online to research on auto transport companies and the reviews of Stateway were quite favorable. I called Stateway and they seemed very straightforward to work with, so I went with them. The quote that they give me for my auto transport was 100% accurate, from start to finish, and not a dollar more. The customer service reps were fantastic. The service provided was excellent, particularly by the carriers, a husband and wife team, who were terrific. They were the ones that really sealed the deal. They accommodated me. They picked up the order and communicated with me about when they were going to get to the destination, and got there a day ahead of the scheduled time. It was a very positive experience. I would highly recommend them.

We had a steel shipped from Missouri to Pittsburgh. I talked to a person from Stateway Auto Transport directly and he was knowledgeable. He knows what was going to get done with the job and was reasonable on the price. I was happy with the quote he gave and it was right on. Their CS reps were excellent. I was very, very satisfied with Stateway though I definitely didn't get offered rebates or discounts which would have been nice.

I had to get my daughter's car back to school from Naples to Phoenix, Arizona. I was not impressed with the two carriers I used before. I had a bad experience with them, but after talking to the guy at Stateway, I felt that they would do a good job. The level of service they provided was very good. They did what they said they were gonna do and they did a good job.

I first called Stateway on 9/9/16, placed my order and gave my credit card information. My first available pick up day was the following Monday 9/12/16, no one had shown up to pick up my vehicle by 9/16/16, 5 days after my order was placed. I was told that I would get a call back when I called 9/16. I called back 9/20 expecting a call back and received no return call on when a driver would be coming to pick up the truck for transport. I called again on 9/21 to see when a driver would be available, I was informed at that point, after calling twice the same morning, I was informed that they did not have my credit card information on file (I had given it to them on 9/9) and that the price was going to increase by $400.00 for them to even be able to pick up my truck. I canceled this order when I was informed that the price was increasing and was let know by the agent that my order was, and I quote: "A hot mess."

We had the customer placed on a very attractive price as we are both a carrier and a broker. Her route was going from WV to UT which is not a very popular route. She placed her order on 9/9 and never gave us her CC info so our dispatch team didn't even know if this was an actual order or just a customer shopping around until we had her dispatched. Her 1st available pick up date was 9/12 and per "Department of Transportation" we are given a 1-7 business day window to assign a customer a driver to pick up her vehicle. We called on 9/19 stating to her that this order isn't getting picked up and because it is an unpopular route we are in the mercy of the drivers. During this time 9/19 we found 1 driver who was willing to pick up the vehicle for not $400 over the price, but only $200. The customer didn't agree on the said price and decided to cancel the order. She never gave us her CC info and was never on file. We had a 1-7 business day window and on the 7th day we found a driver, but the customer did not agree to the new price so she canceled the order.

I used Stateway Auto Transport to ship a vehicle I bought at an auction. The customer service rep Kevin was nice, competent and got everything done. Everything was good. The quote I got from Stateway seemed to be fine and I haven't used anybody else since I've started with them.

We didn't wanna drive our vehicle to get it to another state. We had Stateway ship it because it was a local company but as I wanted the car picked up on a certain date, I felt pressured into the price. It was a bit too expensive. But the hauler I talked to responded to my calls right away. I was gonna pay more money because I wanted the car picked up within a couple of days and he found somebody right away who would be in my area to pick it up. I understood from him that my car would be delivered from Chicago to Scottsdale on a certain date but it was delivered two days after. However, everything was very good overall. The hauler who picked up the car was on time and did everything perfectly. I got my car back within four days.

I was asked a month later on how the service was like and I said I was very happy though maybe I didn't understand the procedure. If I want my car picked up right away, I can get somebody to do so. But then, it's up to them to determine when they're gonna be delivering it. I understand that as they have to make sure they have a load wherever they're going. I had a really great experience. And I got lucky with the hauler who owns the company and other trailers. He was very careful about everything. I even told the broker that the hauler was top-notch. I would recommend Stateway.

I was moving and I needed to ship my car so I contacted a few companies and Stateway gave me the most reasonable and affordable quote. They also had a very high rating online so I decided it was best to go with them. I ended up paying a little bit above the quote but it was okay because it was expected. I got a similar quote from another service but I ended up going with Stateway because the rep who assisted me was such a huge help. I had a lot of situational questions on my side and I was checking into all of my options so I needed him to work with me a little more than he would've worked with other customers. He called me back a few times to make sure that everything was settled and made sure that everything was great on my end, which was perfect. I really appreciated that. It was a hassle-free and easy transaction.

We were moving to Washington and I used Stateway in shipping my vehicle. The quote they gave me was very good and they called me ahead of time. I talked to the driver and he was nice. He got the vehicle to Washington the same time he said it would. All that worked out fine. It was very smooth and I appreciated it.

Stateway Auto's quote was competitive enough, and since they were local, I had them get my daughter's car down to school. The whole deal went down very quickly just as their customer service team specified it would.

We have never shipped a car before and contacted about 10 transport companies for quotes and went with Stateway due to positive reviews and good pricing. We shipped our car from San Diego to Tuscaloosa Alabama ($895) and gave a 5 day window for pickup. Customer service advised we wouldn't have a confirmed shipping date until the day before the car ships. Turned out to be true - we received an email and the driver called us the day before the car was picked up. Car was picked up day 3 (of the 5 day window) and was delivered to us in Alabama 5 days later. A smooth and positive experience.

The quote that Stateway gave me was good. Aside from the fact that the price would increase once they find a driver. The customer service rep basically informed me that the drivers run the industry, and there’s not much they could have done about it. So, it’s been a little rough.

I’ve shipped a lot of cars before and my experience with Stateway Auto Transport has been better than what I have expected. I have not been able to find a company that has reliably taken cars where I need them to be in a timely manner and at a good price but I had the best experience with Stateway Auto Transport. I needed to ship a car up from North Carolina to New York in a rapid manner because it needed to be at a car show. It had a very tight timeframe so I made it aware to Dan - the guy I was dealing with - and he was extremely helpful and understanding. He gave me his personal cellphone and told me that he will take it very seriously and was gonna get the job done. I appreciated that he worked with me very well and kept me in the loop. I have not had many other customer service experiences like that and I’m shipping the same car again with Stateway because of him.

I originally got a quote from them through the uShip website, but when I called them up they couldn’t match the quote they had given me through the website because they gave me the open transport rate on an enclosed truck. They gave the wrong quote. But when I called, they gave me a very competitive one. Also, there were some instances where I was trying to get to Dan through other people and they weren’t as helpful as Dan himself. I was frustrated at times, but once I got on the phone with the right person, it went very smooth from there.

I purchased a vehicle out of state and needed a transporter instead of driving it myself. I went to a website and it came back with different quotes and offers. Stateway Auto Transport seemed to have the best deal that was out there as far as the rates. I dealt with Dan, the manager there, and he was extremely helpful, especially when the first driver didn’t pick up at the time that they were supposed to. Dan made arrangements very quickly to have another driver there a day later and he kept pretty much the same delivery time that was originally promised. He really went out of his way to help me out.

I had a daughter who needed a car in Idaho. I found a very nice fair priced car in New York so it needed to be shipped. I did a lot of research on the internet and talked to the few people who have transported cars. My wife had worked for a company that has had some very exotic cars moved and I contacted the company that did provide that service. They were probably priced according to the vehicles that they were typically moving, like Rolls-Royces and 1932 Duesenbergs. They were a little too expensive for me.

In my internet research though, I found someone who said they have a contract where the customer contacts them and they find somebody who'll transport the vehicle. The customer pays them and they in turn pay the transport company when the car is delivered and inspected. They offered a very straightforward presentation of a simple concept. There was to be a signed contract and a clear understanding of the terms that we agreed upon, so I developed a level of confidence to try Stateway Auto Transport after the research that I did.

I talked to their representative on the phone and he said that he's going to send me an email of what we talked about along with the quote as well as the dates for pick up and delivery. He told me to email him back saying that I agree with that was put in writing. Afterwards, he will then look for a transporter and let me know once he finds one to schedule the appointment. Once we've agreed to approve the transporter, I'll pay Stateway and then we schedule when the car would be picked up. When the car gets delivered and inspected, that's when I pay the transporter. The whole process took three weeks to happen.

It was all done in a very clear, easy to understand manner. Obviously they had done this many times before. They did everything that they said they were gonna do. Moreover, they didn't treat me like the millionth customer but rather like someone who they wanted to make sure would come back and use their business again the second time if I ever needed it. The car was moved seven months ago so I'm a little bit surprised that people are still thinking about me and the service that they provided. Even so, I remember what happened as well as I do because it was a very good experience. Hence, I'd recommend Stateway. In fact, I have another child that lives out West that would like a car - I would only ever use Stateway again to transport the car I'd buy.

I've used Stateway three times and had a good experience with them. I had called other transport companies too, but since Stateway was responsive, I got them to move my vehicle. The quote I was given for my auto transport was good and their customer service reps were very responsive and stayed close with me. Stateway did a nice job from beginning to end, so I would use them again.

Stateway Auto Transport Company Profile