4.25/5

Ship Your Car

Glenview, IL

Stateway Auto Transport is fully insured, licensed and bonded to make sure your car arrives safe and sound at its destination. They provide a vehicle tracking service so you can’t know where your car is at all times. They've designed three service plans to meet your specific needs.

Give them a call today and don't forget to visit them online to see their many discounts!

Ship Your Car

Stateway Auto Transport Reviews

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

I did my research in advance knowing that choosing the right company to transport my X3 BMW was more about trust than just good customer service! Stateway was timely with follow up, clear with directions/rules and ultimately did a great job transporting my car from Colorado to Connecticut. There were no hidden fees , communication was clear through the whole process and I experienced NO issues. Would use them again and in fact driver even arrived earlier despite a blizzard/ice storm in the area of delivery. Incredible! Thank you Stateway!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I chose this business to ship my car from NY to TX. I called Thursday 11/10 to several auto shippers, as my relocation date was Tuesday 11/15 and had limited time to have my car picked up. After having shopped around, the sole reason why I chose Stateway was because I was told my car would be picked up Saturday, 11/12 and that their standard delivery time was 3-4 days. This would nearly eliminate any need to have to have a rental car beyond 24-48 hours (rates in Austin during this week was $51/day inc. taxes and fees). I was told my deposit would be charged upon contact from my driver; no one ever called, and Stateway's customer service department is closed on the weekends, as I found out from no one answering or returning my calls. They missed my Saturday pickup date, and by Monday, still no call for pickup of my vehicle.

After calling in 2 or 3 times, I got a hold of my sales rep who then told me that their truck broke down on Saturday, which is why no one picked up my car - but no call??? Being that my flight left on Tuesday, I was now STUCK with this auto shipper, as I only had 24 more hours left to hand over these keys to anyone. It took them a few hours to get another truck - I was assured, again, that shipping takes 3-4 days. I was now anticipating arrival by Friday at the latest. Here we are, Monday, and still no car, no call. Today I have called my sales rep and left 2 VM's with the customer service manager who has yet to return my call. The arrival of my vehicle is now at least 5 days later than promised and counting, which has cost me an additional $250 just in rental car fees.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. They will tell you everything you want to hear in order to get your business (2 day pickup, 4 day ship) and then pull a bait and switch and tell you all the fine print after no one bothers to show up or call. I never would have gone with Stateway if I knew their motto was overpromise, underdeliver, and you're the one left to foot the bill. Daniel, the sales rep, has tried to help and is just doing his job, but no one involved in this operation knows how to follow through.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

It took nearly a month to transport my Honda from CT to OR. I spoke with Dan and Paul alternately during the experience. First, my car was dispatched within a week to Falcon Auto Movers. Six times they notified my friend in CT that they were picking up the car, and six times they didn't show up. When I called Stateway to complain, I spoke to Paul, who stated that Stateway would not be using Falcon, and assured me it would be dispatched quickly. Three days later, my car was dispatched to Falcon - again. The driver picked up the car and 10 days later, when I had not heard anything, I tried to get in touch with the driver.

He set up a meeting time and place and did not show up. The next day was the same story. I left work early both days and cancelled an appointment one day to meet the driver. At this point, I had no idea where the car was. I also could no longer reach the driver. Finally, someone from Falcon told me that the driver claimed the car had been delivered. After a couple of days, I lost touch with him, too. After reaching out to Paul and Dan at Stateway (again) and threatening to call the police, I finally got my car. My main complaint is with Falcon, but Stateway uses them, so beware!!!

Also, it would have been very helpful if the guys from Stateway had checked in at some point after they got their payment. It took almost a month to get my car, and the many, many calls I had to make was time-consuming, not to mention the stress of having no idea of the location of my car. I highly recommend going with a company that will allow you to track the delivery of your vehicle and deliver the first time they make a promise. Otherwise, it could drag on and on and create a lot of stress for you, the customer.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I liked the customer service people who provided the quote. A guy named Kevin at the Stateway Auto home office was responsive and was the only reason I did this. The driver was very nice. Everything went smoothly and worked well. Better than I expected.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

Our son had an injury and we were bringing him back to Iowa. We brought his car back from California as well. I was sold to Stateway's cost and the friendliness of the person I spoke to. Their quote was a tad lower than the others. We didn't know when our date would be so I kept their rep on the hook and he kept us on the list. He continually called and asked if we had a date and if we're still okay with the move, which I appreciated. It was very nice. He wanted us to know that he was still there for us. A friend was at the pick-up for us. That went smoothly. Then the driver dropped it off when he said he'd drop it off. The shipping went as smooth as it could be. I would recommend Stateway to everyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stateway Auto Transport?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

I was moving from Arizona to Illinois and I didn’t want to drive so I shipped my car and I flew. The first transport company we chose must’ve been a ma and pa operation and never came saying that her mother was sick so she couldn’t. Somebody gave me Stateway's name and told me to call there. Everything went smoothly and perfectly. Stateway was the greatest. I spoke to the customer service and they were exact. The day the car arrived, they were really great. I live in a condo so there was no place for them to park but they were very accommodating.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

My daughter was heading to college and we needed to ship a car. I contacted four places and I spoke to a guy on the phone from Stateway Auto Transport. He was great, very informative, and was the only one who actually called and talked to me. The other ones sent me a quote quickly via email and no actual personal contact. Stateway's quote was by far the most reasonable and it was a match once I saw their reviews and the price were good.

The people from Stateway were like a mom-and-pop. They're great, took care of my daughter, and were very sweet to her because they didn't want her coming out at night. They said they only lived an hour away and that if worse comes to worst like she wasn't home because of classes, then they were gonna go back. The bottom line is they looked out for my daughter and that was their first concern. I was very, very comfortable and would definitely, highly recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

My sister moved to the state and got Stateway Auto Transport because they had a good price. However, there was not enough communication as far as me getting a definite date. The driver was great, though, and he delivered early. He jumped it both times when the car wouldn't start, when he picked it up and when he dropped it off. He had good customer service and was awesome.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

A car was being gifted from family members to us so we had to get it to where we live now and used Stateway Auto Transport. The quote they gave was okay and I definitely had to negotiate it myself. There was an email that said they would match any offer and then when I called in, they weren't willing to match the lowest offer I got. But they came close to it when I held my ground and then it was shipped very soon with that quote. They definitely hedged about what I would ship and tried to charge me about $400 more than what they ended up making. They also got several things wrong when they entered my information and I had to call back twice to get them fixed. But it happened and the car got here safely so we're happy about that. The shipping and the driver seemed good as well. I definitely had to put a foot down.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I purchased a car that needs repair so it wasn't drivable and then I needed to transfer it from Iowa to Dallas. I shopped for transport and found out that most are brokers so I booked with Stateway. I had a good experience.

Stateway Auto Transport Company Information