4.25/5

Ship Your Car

Glenview, IL

Stateway Auto Transport is fully insured, licensed and bonded to make sure your car arrives safe and sound at its destination. They provide a vehicle tracking service so you can’t know where your car is at all times. They've designed three service plans to meet your specific needs.

Give them a call today and don't forget to visit them online to see their many discounts!

Ship Your Car

596 Stateway Auto Transport Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

We didn't wanna drive our vehicle to get it to another state. We had Stateway ship it because it was a local company but as I wanted the car picked up on a certain date, I felt pressured into the price. It was a bit too expensive. But the hauler I talked to responded to my calls right away. I was gonna pay more money because I wanted the car picked up within a couple of days and he found somebody right away who would be in my area to pick it up. I understood from him that my car would be delivered from Chicago to Scottsdale on a certain date but it was delivered two days after. However, everything was very good overall. The hauler who picked up the car was on time and did everything perfectly. I got my car back within four days.

I was asked a month later on how the service was like and I said I was very happy though maybe I didn't understand the procedure. If I want my car picked up right away, I can get somebody to do so. But then, it's up to them to determine when they're gonna be delivering it. I understand that as they have to make sure they have a load wherever they're going. I had a really great experience. And I got lucky with the hauler who owns the company and other trailers. He was very careful about everything. I even told the broker that the hauler was top-notch. I would recommend Stateway.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I was moving and I needed to ship my car so I contacted a few companies and Stateway gave me the most reasonable and affordable quote. They also had a very high rating online so I decided it was best to go with them. I ended up paying a little bit above the quote but it was okay because it was expected. I got a similar quote from another service but I ended up going with Stateway because the rep who assisted me was such a huge help. I had a lot of situational questions on my side and I was checking into all of my options so I needed him to work with me a little more than he would've worked with other customers. He called me back a few times to make sure that everything was settled and made sure that everything was great on my end, which was perfect. I really appreciated that. It was a hassle-free and easy transaction.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

We were moving to Washington and I used Stateway in shipping my vehicle. The quote they gave me was very good and they called me ahead of time. I talked to the driver and he was nice. He got the vehicle to Washington the same time he said it would. All that worked out fine. It was very smooth and I appreciated it.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

Stateway Auto's quote was competitive enough, and since they were local, I had them get my daughter's car down to school. The whole deal went down very quickly just as their customer service team specified it would.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

We have never shipped a car before and contacted about 10 transport companies for quotes and went with Stateway due to positive reviews and good pricing. We shipped our car from San Diego to Tuscaloosa Alabama ($895) and gave a 5 day window for pickup. Customer service advised we wouldn't have a confirmed shipping date until the day before the car ships. Turned out to be true - we received an email and the driver called us the day before the car was picked up. Car was picked up day 3 (of the 5 day window) and was delivered to us in Alabama 5 days later. A smooth and positive experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stateway Auto Transport?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2016

The quote that Stateway gave me was good. Aside from the fact that the price would increase once they find a driver. The customer service rep basically informed me that the drivers run the industry, and there’s not much they could have done about it. So, it’s been a little rough.

Original review: July 29, 2016

I’ve shipped a lot of cars before and my experience with Stateway Auto Transport has been better than what I have expected. I have not been able to find a company that has reliably taken cars where I need them to be in a timely manner and at a good price but I had the best experience with Stateway Auto Transport. I needed to ship a car up from North Carolina to New York in a rapid manner because it needed to be at a car show. It had a very tight timeframe so I made it aware to Dan - the guy I was dealing with - and he was extremely helpful and understanding. He gave me his personal cellphone and told me that he will take it very seriously and was gonna get the job done. I appreciated that he worked with me very well and kept me in the loop. I have not had many other customer service experiences like that and I’m shipping the same car again with Stateway because of him.

I originally got a quote from them through the uShip website, but when I called them up they couldn’t match the quote they had given me through the website because they gave me the open transport rate on an enclosed truck. They gave the wrong quote. But when I called, they gave me a very competitive one. Also, there were some instances where I was trying to get to Dan through other people and they weren’t as helpful as Dan himself. I was frustrated at times, but once I got on the phone with the right person, it went very smooth from there.

Original review: July 24, 2016

I just lost my wife and I've called three or four other people to ship her car. Under the circumstances I was in, the finances were not available to me but the gentleman I talked to from Stateway was wonderful. He understood and was very sympathetic. The quote they gave me was upfront then we made a deal, he abided by it and changed the numbers which others have done before. So it worked out really well. I was very pleased with his response, attitude and everything else.

I felt bad for one of the gentlemen or both of them who were living in the place called Dearborn in Michigan that's right by my suburb where they were taking the car. It was terrific and they were very attentive although both of them spoke real broken language which I'm accustomed to because my mom came from the old country. I met them out on the main highway down the street from me because they couldn't get that big hauler in where I was and they were pretty appreciative of that. I saw them, waved them down, then they pulled the car in. I didn't have a lot of money but I gave them both five bucks for going to McDonald's and they appreciated that too.

I also asked if I had to give them any money upfront but they wouldn't take cash. I had a hundred dollars in cash to give and there was a receipt. And they said, "No, sir. We'll take care of it when we get to your house." So they were very nice. I may have another car to send there that I'm trying to sell here in Fort Myers and if I'm not able to, I may send it through them.

Original review: July 22, 2016

I purchased a vehicle out of state and needed a transporter instead of driving it myself. I went to a website and it came back with different quotes and offers. Stateway Auto Transport seemed to have the best deal that was out there as far as the rates. I dealt with Dan, the manager there, and he was extremely helpful, especially when the first driver didn’t pick up at the time that they were supposed to. Dan made arrangements very quickly to have another driver there a day later and he kept pretty much the same delivery time that was originally promised. He really went out of his way to help me out.

Original review: June 23, 2016

I had a daughter who needed a car in Idaho. I found a very nice fair priced car in New York so it needed to be shipped. I did a lot of research on the internet and talked to the few people who have transported cars. My wife had worked for a company that has had some very exotic cars moved and I contacted the company that did provide that service. They were probably priced according to the vehicles that they were typically moving, like Rolls-Royces and 1932 Duesenbergs. They were a little too expensive for me.

In my internet research though, I found someone who said they have a contract where the customer contacts them and they find somebody who'll transport the vehicle. The customer pays them and they in turn pay the transport company when the car is delivered and inspected. They offered a very straightforward presentation of a simple concept. There was to be a signed contract and a clear understanding of the terms that we agreed upon, so I developed a level of confidence to try Stateway Auto Transport after the research that I did.

I talked to their representative on the phone and he said that he's going to send me an email of what we talked about along with the quote as well as the dates for pick up and delivery. He told me to email him back saying that I agree with that was put in writing. Afterwards, he will then look for a transporter and let me know once he finds one to schedule the appointment. Once we've agreed to approve the transporter, I'll pay Stateway and then we schedule when the car would be picked up. When the car gets delivered and inspected, that's when I pay the transporter. The whole process took three weeks to happen.

It was all done in a very clear, easy to understand manner. Obviously they had done this many times before. They did everything that they said they were gonna do. Moreover, they didn't treat me like the millionth customer but rather like someone who they wanted to make sure would come back and use their business again the second time if I ever needed it. The car was moved seven months ago so I'm a little bit surprised that people are still thinking about me and the service that they provided. Even so, I remember what happened as well as I do because it was a very good experience. Hence, I'd recommend Stateway. In fact, I have another child that lives out West that would like a car - I would only ever use Stateway again to transport the car I'd buy.

Original review: June 3, 2016

I've used Stateway three times and had a good experience with them. I had called other transport companies too, but since Stateway was responsive, I got them to move my vehicle. The quote I was given for my auto transport was good and their customer service reps were very responsive and stayed close with me. Stateway did a nice job from beginning to end, so I would use them again.

Original review: June 1, 2016

I did a search on transport company and saw that Stateway is located in Wheeling, Illinois which is very close to where I live. Knowing they were nearby gave me some comfort. It has been a great experience with them during the first time and the whole experience every year has been very good, easy and has worked out quite well without any problems. This would be the fourth year I've used Stateway. I spend the winters in Florida and I ship my car down there every year and I usually drive it home. In future years, I will probably ship my car both ways. The customer service representative was very knowledgeable. I had no difficulty going through the scheduling process. The people in Stateway have always been very courteous and extremely helpful. They had records of my previous shipment so they knew who I was. Their level of service was outstanding. I recommended them to a friend and I believe he used them as well.

Original review: May 30, 2016

I bought a new car and it was a cross country so I needed to ship it and chose Stateway because of the reviews on the internet. The quote they gave was fair. Also, the customer service rep was knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and excellent. I had the same guy and he was definitely first class all the way through. It was a very good and exceptional service. He communicated very well so I knew where it was at and what was going on and I didn’t have to worry about the car. It's a great and worry-free experience.

Original review: May 28, 2016

I purchased my vehicle in Ohio and because of its distance to my house, I needed to ship it. I decided to go with Stateway over other transport companies because I like their people. They were confident they could get it. Also, they didn't just give me all the problems associated with it but they always had a solution for getting it to me. And they looked like they were well insured. Moreover, I had an easy time with their customer service rep. They were confident that they could do it. I wasn’t scared of them and they knew what they were talking about and scheduled it rapidly. It was fast and easy.

Overall, it was an excellent experience. The truck was in good shape, it came on time and the guy was courteous. They were brokering the job. Whatever they did, they did it right and the people were right. I was completely satisfied. The only thing that wasn’t perfect was it wasn’t free. They were professional and took care of me.

Original review: May 26, 2016

My boyfriend needed to move from Florida to New Mexico and he wasn’t able to drive his vehicle out, so we had it shipped. We hired Stateway because they had the best prices. The quote that they gave us was very reasonable and they were able to get back to us right away about arranging transport. There was a bit of miscommunication on when the vehicle was going to be picked up because it was picked up from a location where we did not live. So there's a little issue with getting that scheduled, but once that was taken care of there were no issues. They were very apologetic about the miscommunication. They were very friendly and provided good customer service.

Original review: May 24, 2016

I live in Missouri and the vehicle was located in Washington state. I liked what Stateway had to say, so I chose them to do the transport. They did everything that needed to be done without complaint. They were excellent. We live in a residential rural area and there are no street lights. The driver had a task on his hands getting the semi in here to unload it and he did a great job. He didn't complain. He just said, "Let's do it." My son and I helped him. We stopped traffic on the road so he could get his rig back into where it needed to be and everything went fine. I was pleased with their service and attitude.

Original review: May 22, 2016

I needed to ship my vehicle to my son in college in Colorado and I chose Stateway because they did a good job for me before. The quote given was perfect and the customer service representative was great. For what they did and how they picked up and delivered the vehicle and from an internet experience and all the way through handing the keys to the owner, it was outstanding. It was great from beginning to end. They did what they said they were gonna do.

Original review: May 13, 2016

Went on standby and after 2 weeks of communication I finally got someone on the phone to find out the agent was no longer with the company, and no one sought to ensure I was taken care of. The new agent wanted to raise the rate and still could not guarantee a pickup or delivery. Do not use this company.

Original review: April 9, 2016

I've used Stateway Trans 5 times now and have walked away a satisfied customer each time. Of course I've hit a few hick-ups here and there but never because Stateway Trans dropped the ball. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and responsive, always on stand by to help if needed. I've worked with several representatives over the years but Jessica has always been my favorite. She has a great sense of humor, always stays on top of my shipping dates and like clock work the moment my car is dispatched she calls within seconds of me receiving the shipping details to confirm the work.

I ship twice a year for work from Nashville to Toronto and then back. The amount of organization required for such a move is demanding because the car needs to be either picked up or delivered to the border at a time it's convenient for me to meet and pay the driver. I haven't had to wait or reschedule my pick ups or deliveries yet. Stateway Trans always has everything perfectly aligned to fit my extremely hectic schedule. I just received my car on Thursday and everything went just as planned again, so I wanted to say thank you to Jessica and the entire Stateway Auto Transportation. Thanks guys. I'll call you again in October to do this all over again!

Original review: April 5, 2016

FABULOUS SERVICE AND PRICE PROVIDED BY EMILY **! All I had to do was request a quote, provide pick up and delivery address and Emily took care of absolutely everything else. Although I am a newbie and have never shipped a car before, hearing the horror stories from friends made this whole process seem easy. Emily was professional and sweet and I couldn't have asked for a better first time experience.

Original review: April 1, 2016

My suburban broke down while on vacation and needed to be transported back to Colorado. From the time I called to schedule pick up to the time of delivery everything went smoothly. They were able to coordinate the storage and pickup with a Chevy dealership and the drop off with my mechanic so I had nothing to stress about.

Original review: April 1, 2016

I heard of Stateway from a friend. Got a great price and an early delivery. Car was picked up on Monday and delivered to LA on Thursday morning. Very pleased with the service and would definitely recommend to others.

Original review: April 1, 2016

I work for a relocation company and set up dozens of corporate moves a week. So when I needed to get a car shipped for my son's early graduation surprise, I had many choices... but Stateway has always been my go to company. Their prices are always in that healthy middle and even when a specific route ends up being a bit high, they always find some way to go around that and make it just right. It was nice to be the actual customer for once and a pleasure to work with the Stateway as always!

Original review: April 1, 2016

This was the first time shipping a car for me and I chose Stateway based on their reviews. Once they contacted me, they were very professional unlike many brokers I got to speak to. The driver was great, contacted me several times before arriving on pickup and drop off, even let me know when he was held up by traffic.

Original review: March 31, 2016

I've been shipping my cars with Dan ** for years and have never had a problem. Their prices are always compatible and service is fast, reliable and prompt.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2016

I've shipped a car a dozen of times between Illinois and Florida and I have never had it delivered within 2 and a half days! Paul gave me a great price rate and went out of his way to accommodate my shipping window. The driver kept in touch with me the whole time and delivered the car in perfect condition. I'm extremely impressed with Stateway Auto and recommend them very highly.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

Stateway handled my car shipment very well and professional, had the driver within a few hours and even got it moved in enclosed trailer for the same price. I was very pleased with Stateway and highly recommend using them.

Factual basis uncertain
      Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

Originally, I had booked an auto transport service with Stateway Auto Transport in the fall of 2015 to ship my car from Buffalo to Seattle. A couple of weeks later, I sent an email to them requesting to cancel the order as I had decided to go with another transport service. There was no answer. I then called them to cancel the service, and was told by the customer service agent over the phone that my order was cancelled. (However, there was no email confirmation that I cancelled, just verbal.)

A few weeks later, when my car was already in transport, coordinated by the other company, Stateway contacted me to try and tell me that the other transport service or the carrier had dropped my shipment due to lack of insurance, and that they are taking over. I then contacted my transport service (Ship A Car Direct, and btw, they are great), and was told that Stateway was trying to fool me, and the shipment was going as planned and was not dropped. The car arrived in Seattle (coordinated by Ship A Car Direct and VNS Auto Transport) safely. I paid the carrier directly.

Everything was fine, until a few weeks later, Stateway contacted me again, saying that I owe them the deposit and the shipping fee, for which they had already paid the carrier for. All lies. Stateway really tries to scam you or get money out of you, even if you haven't used their service. Be careful with them... Definitely do not recommend going with them, as they make communicating with them tough (hard to get someone on the phone or get detailed email replies), especially if it doesn't help them gain business.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

Excellent service provided by Mike ** and the whole Stateway Auto team. From beginning to end, the price, communication, commitment and overall shipment was seamless. I will most definitely be using them again in the near future!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

We hired Stateway on November 6 to move our vehicle from our home just outside of DC to Bend, Oregon. We were told it would be 1-7 days for the pick up. On day 7, Paul told me they had not exceeded the days since they counted business days, though that was never stated. Each time I spoke with Paul to discuss a pick-up date, he would follow up with an email saying our vehicle would be picked up in 2-4, 3-7, 1-5 or other arbitrary and meaningless number of days. On the November 19th he told me my town was not "driver-friendly" and that's why they were having trouble finding a carrier. My city is just off the I-95 corridor, which is the main north-south thoroughfare. I am just outside DC and not far from Baltimore, a major port city. He began his follow-up email by telling me not to be cynical.

We next spoke by phone. He asked how I was doing and when I said not so hot since my car was not on a truck halfway across the country, he said, "If that's the worst of your problems you're doing okay!" Mind you, I had just told him I'd need to move the pick-up spot 3 miles away because a family member had been hospitalized. We were getting nowhere regarding movement of the vehicle and when I asked to speak to a manager, he said he didn't have one. There was no one who could handle a customer service complaint.

He later called excitedly, saying he'd gotten a driver. It would cost me $300 more and he would only go to Portland, which is 3 hours from Bend. I declined. If he could only get to Portland for $300 more than that's what his quote should have reflected. We returned to the daily calls and emails and promises of tomorrow and tomorrow. Finally, we had a definite pick-up date of 11/27 and we had the driver's name and cell phone number. When I called the driver to confirm, he seemed surprised we had been told 11/27. He said it would be the 29th.

When the vehicle was finally loaded on the carrier, it was as if we'd been released from a strange imprisonment. Stateway knows how to string you along; you become desperate to move your vehicle and you think starting over with another company will mean an even longer wait. The driver delivered the car without a problem within the promised number of days. THE COMPANY IS SLIMY AND UNDERHANDED. STAY AWAY! Also note that the only positive reviews here have the same syntax - grammatical errors of the same sort and odd language so that they appear to me to be written by one person.

Stateway Auto Transport Company Information