Stateway Auto Transport

Glenview, IL

Stateway Auto Transport is fully insured, licensed and bonded to make sure your car arrives safe and sound at its destination. They provide a vehicle tracking service so you can’t know where your car is at all times. They've designed three service plans to meet your specific needs.

Give them a call today and don't forget to visit them online to see their many discounts!

Compare Auto Transporters

Research top Auto Transporters recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I just lost my wife and I've called three or four other people to ship her car. Under the circumstances I was in, the finances were not available to me but the gentleman I talked to from Stateway was wonderful. He understood and was very sympathetic. The quote they gave me was upfront then we made a deal, he abided by it and changed the numbers which others have done before. So it worked out really well. I was very pleased with his response, attitude and everything else.

I felt bad for one of the gentlemen or both of them who were living in the place called Dearborn in Michigan that's right by my suburb where they were taking the car. It was terrific and they were very attentive although both of them spoke real broken language which I'm accustomed to because my mom came from the old country. I met them out on the main highway down the street from me because they couldn't get that big hauler in where I was and they were pretty appreciative of that. I saw them, waved them down, then they pulled the car in. I didn't have a lot of money but I gave them both five bucks for going to McDonald's and they appreciated that too.

I also asked if I had to give them any money upfront but they wouldn't take cash. I had a hundred dollars in cash to give and there was a receipt. And they said, "No, sir. We'll take care of it when we get to your house." So they were very nice. I may have another car to send there that I'm trying to sell here in Fort Myers and if I'm not able to, I may send it through them.

I purchased a vehicle out of state and needed a transporter instead of driving it myself. I went to a website and it came back with different quotes and offers. Stateway Auto Transport seemed to have the best deal that was out there as far as the rates. I dealt with Dan, the manager there, and he was extremely helpful, especially when the first driver didn’t pick up at the time that they were supposed to. Dan made arrangements very quickly to have another driver there a day later and he kept pretty much the same delivery time that was originally promised. He really went out of his way to help me out.

I had a daughter who needed a car in Idaho. I found a very nice fair priced car in New York so it needed to be shipped. I did a lot of research on the internet and talked to the few people who have transported cars. My wife had worked for a company that has had some very exotic cars moved and I contacted the company that did provide that service. They were probably priced according to the vehicles that they were typically moving, like Rolls-Royces and 1932 Duesenbergs. They were a little too expensive for me.

In my internet research though, I found someone who said they have a contract where the customer contacts them and they find somebody who'll transport the vehicle. The customer pays them and they in turn pay the transport company when the car is delivered and inspected. They offered a very straightforward presentation of a simple concept. There was to be a signed contract and a clear understanding of the terms that we agreed upon, so I developed a level of confidence to try Stateway Auto Transport after the research that I did.

I talked to their representative on the phone and he said that he's going to send me an email of what we talked about along with the quote as well as the dates for pick up and delivery. He told me to email him back saying that I agree with that was put in writing. Afterwards, he will then look for a transporter and let me know once he finds one to schedule the appointment. Once we've agreed to approve the transporter, I'll pay Stateway and then we schedule when the car would be picked up. When the car gets delivered and inspected, that's when I pay the transporter. The whole process took three weeks to happen.

It was all done in a very clear, easy to understand manner. Obviously they had done this many times before. They did everything that they said they were gonna do. Moreover, they didn't treat me like the millionth customer but rather like someone who they wanted to make sure would come back and use their business again the second time if I ever needed it. The car was moved seven months ago so I'm a little bit surprised that people are still thinking about me and the service that they provided. Even so, I remember what happened as well as I do because it was a very good experience. Hence, I'd recommend Stateway. In fact, I have another child that lives out West that would like a car - I would only ever use Stateway again to transport the car I'd buy.

I've used Stateway three times and had a good experience with them. I had called other transport companies too, but since Stateway was responsive, I got them to move my vehicle. The quote I was given for my auto transport was good and their customer service reps were very responsive and stayed close with me. Stateway did a nice job from beginning to end, so I would use them again.

I did a search on transport company and saw that Stateway is located in Wheeling, Illinois which is very close to where I live. Knowing they were nearby gave me some comfort. It has been a great experience with them during the first time and the whole experience every year has been very good, easy and has worked out quite well without any problems. This would be the fourth year I've used Stateway. I spend the winters in Florida and I ship my car down there every year and I usually drive it home. In future years, I will probably ship my car both ways. The customer service representative was very knowledgeable. I had no difficulty going through the scheduling process. The people in Stateway have always been very courteous and extremely helpful. They had records of my previous shipment so they knew who I was. Their level of service was outstanding. I recommended them to a friend and I believe he used them as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stateway Auto Transport?

I bought a new car and it was a cross country so I needed to ship it and chose Stateway because of the reviews on the internet. The quote they gave was fair. Also, the customer service rep was knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and excellent. I had the same guy and he was definitely first class all the way through. It was a very good and exceptional service. He communicated very well so I knew where it was at and what was going on and I didn’t have to worry about the car. It's a great and worry-free experience.

I purchased my vehicle in Ohio and because of its distance to my house, I needed to ship it. I decided to go with Stateway over other transport companies because I like their people. They were confident they could get it. Also, they didn't just give me all the problems associated with it but they always had a solution for getting it to me. And they looked like they were well insured. Moreover, I had an easy time with their customer service rep. They were confident that they could do it. I wasn’t scared of them and they knew what they were talking about and scheduled it rapidly. It was fast and easy.

Overall, it was an excellent experience. The truck was in good shape, it came on time and the guy was courteous. They were brokering the job. Whatever they did, they did it right and the people were right. I was completely satisfied. The only thing that wasn’t perfect was it wasn’t free. They were professional and took care of me.

My boyfriend needed to move from Florida to New Mexico and he wasn’t able to drive his vehicle out, so we had it shipped. We hired Stateway because they had the best prices. The quote that they gave us was very reasonable and they were able to get back to us right away about arranging transport. There was a bit of miscommunication on when the vehicle was going to be picked up because it was picked up from a location where we did not live. So there's a little issue with getting that scheduled, but once that was taken care of there were no issues. They were very apologetic about the miscommunication. They were very friendly and provided good customer service.

I live in Missouri and the vehicle was located in Washington state. I liked what Stateway had to say, so I chose them to do the transport. They did everything that needed to be done without complaint. They were excellent. We live in a residential rural area and there are no street lights. The driver had a task on his hands getting the semi in here to unload it and he did a great job. He didn't complain. He just said, "Let's do it." My son and I helped him. We stopped traffic on the road so he could get his rig back into where it needed to be and everything went fine. I was pleased with their service and attitude.

I needed to ship my vehicle to my son in college in Colorado and I chose Stateway because they did a good job for me before. The quote given was perfect and the customer service representative was great. For what they did and how they picked up and delivered the vehicle and from an internet experience and all the way through handing the keys to the owner, it was outstanding. It was great from beginning to end. They did what they said they were gonna do.

Went on standby and after 2 weeks of communication I finally got someone on the phone to find out the agent was no longer with the company, and no one sought to ensure I was taken care of. The new agent wanted to raise the rate and still could not guarantee a pickup or delivery. Do not use this company.

I've used Stateway Trans 5 times now and have walked away a satisfied customer each time. Of course I've hit a few hick-ups here and there but never because Stateway Trans dropped the ball. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and responsive, always on stand by to help if needed. I've worked with several representatives over the years but Jessica has always been my favorite. She has a great sense of humor, always stays on top of my shipping dates and like clock work the moment my car is dispatched she calls within seconds of me receiving the shipping details to confirm the work.

I ship twice a year for work from Nashville to Toronto and then back. The amount of organization required for such a move is demanding because the car needs to be either picked up or delivered to the border at a time it's convenient for me to meet and pay the driver. I haven't had to wait or reschedule my pick ups or deliveries yet. Stateway Trans always has everything perfectly aligned to fit my extremely hectic schedule. I just received my car on Thursday and everything went just as planned again, so I wanted to say thank you to Jessica and the entire Stateway Auto Transportation. Thanks guys. I'll call you again in October to do this all over again!

FABULOUS SERVICE AND PRICE PROVIDED BY EMILY **! All I had to do was request a quote, provide pick up and delivery address and Emily took care of absolutely everything else. Although I am a newbie and have never shipped a car before, hearing the horror stories from friends made this whole process seem easy. Emily was professional and sweet and I couldn't have asked for a better first time experience.

My suburban broke down while on vacation and needed to be transported back to Colorado. From the time I called to schedule pick up to the time of delivery everything went smoothly. They were able to coordinate the storage and pickup with a Chevy dealership and the drop off with my mechanic so I had nothing to stress about.

I heard of Stateway from a friend. Got a great price and an early delivery. Car was picked up on Monday and delivered to LA on Thursday morning. Very pleased with the service and would definitely recommend to others.

I work for a relocation company and set up dozens of corporate moves a week. So when I needed to get a car shipped for my son's early graduation surprise, I had many choices... but Stateway has always been my go to company. Their prices are always in that healthy middle and even when a specific route ends up being a bit high, they always find some way to go around that and make it just right. It was nice to be the actual customer for once and a pleasure to work with the Stateway as always!

This was the first time shipping a car for me and I chose Stateway based on their reviews. Once they contacted me, they were very professional unlike many brokers I got to speak to. The driver was great, contacted me several times before arriving on pickup and drop off, even let me know when he was held up by traffic.

I've been shipping my cars with Dan ** for years and have never had a problem. Their prices are always compatible and service is fast, reliable and prompt.

I've shipped a car a dozen of times between Illinois and Florida and I have never had it delivered within 2 and a half days! Paul gave me a great price rate and went out of his way to accommodate my shipping window. The driver kept in touch with me the whole time and delivered the car in perfect condition. I'm extremely impressed with Stateway Auto and recommend them very highly.

Stateway handled my car shipment very well and professional, had the driver within a few hours and even got it moved in enclosed trailer for the same price. I was very pleased with Stateway and highly recommend using them.

Originally, I had booked an auto transport service with Stateway Auto Transport in the fall of 2015 to ship my car from Buffalo to Seattle. A couple of weeks later, I sent an email to them requesting to cancel the order as I had decided to go with another transport service. There was no answer. I then called them to cancel the service, and was told by the customer service agent over the phone that my order was cancelled. (However, there was no email confirmation that I cancelled, just verbal.)

A few weeks later, when my car was already in transport, coordinated by the other company, Stateway contacted me to try and tell me that the other transport service or the carrier had dropped my shipment due to lack of insurance, and that they are taking over. I then contacted my transport service (Ship A Car Direct, and btw, they are great), and was told that Stateway was trying to fool me, and the shipment was going as planned and was not dropped. The car arrived in Seattle (coordinated by Ship A Car Direct and VNS Auto Transport) safely. I paid the carrier directly.

Everything was fine, until a few weeks later, Stateway contacted me again, saying that I owe them the deposit and the shipping fee, for which they had already paid the carrier for. All lies. Stateway really tries to scam you or get money out of you, even if you haven't used their service. Be careful with them... Definitely do not recommend going with them, as they make communicating with them tough (hard to get someone on the phone or get detailed email replies), especially if it doesn't help them gain business.

Excellent service provided by Mike ** and the whole Stateway Auto team. From beginning to end, the price, communication, commitment and overall shipment was seamless. I will most definitely be using them again in the near future!

We hired Stateway on November 6 to move our vehicle from our home just outside of DC to Bend, Oregon. We were told it would be 1-7 days for the pick up. On day 7, Paul told me they had not exceeded the days since they counted business days, though that was never stated. Each time I spoke with Paul to discuss a pick-up date, he would follow up with an email saying our vehicle would be picked up in 2-4, 3-7, 1-5 or other arbitrary and meaningless number of days. On the November 19th he told me my town was not "driver-friendly" and that's why they were having trouble finding a carrier. My city is just off the I-95 corridor, which is the main north-south thoroughfare. I am just outside DC and not far from Baltimore, a major port city. He began his follow-up email by telling me not to be cynical.

We next spoke by phone. He asked how I was doing and when I said not so hot since my car was not on a truck halfway across the country, he said, "If that's the worst of your problems you're doing okay!" Mind you, I had just told him I'd need to move the pick-up spot 3 miles away because a family member had been hospitalized. We were getting nowhere regarding movement of the vehicle and when I asked to speak to a manager, he said he didn't have one. There was no one who could handle a customer service complaint.

He later called excitedly, saying he'd gotten a driver. It would cost me $300 more and he would only go to Portland, which is 3 hours from Bend. I declined. If he could only get to Portland for $300 more than that's what his quote should have reflected. We returned to the daily calls and emails and promises of tomorrow and tomorrow. Finally, we had a definite pick-up date of 11/27 and we had the driver's name and cell phone number. When I called the driver to confirm, he seemed surprised we had been told 11/27. He said it would be the 29th.

When the vehicle was finally loaded on the carrier, it was as if we'd been released from a strange imprisonment. Stateway knows how to string you along; you become desperate to move your vehicle and you think starting over with another company will mean an even longer wait. The driver delivered the car without a problem within the promised number of days. THE COMPANY IS SLIMY AND UNDERHANDED. STAY AWAY! Also note that the only positive reviews here have the same syntax - grammatical errors of the same sort and odd language so that they appear to me to be written by one person.

CUSTOMERS BEWARE... DO NOT HIRE Stateway Auto Transport and/or "Do It" Auto Transport to transport your vehicle! Stateway Auto Transport & "Do It" Auto Transport are the most UNPROFESSIONAL AND DISHONEST companies I've ever conducted business with. As a 10-year veteran in the United States Air Force, when I chose to conduct business with Stateway Auto Transport and "Do It" Auto Transport to transport my vehicle, it was by far my WORST business decision and an overall disaster. When I initiated the vehicle transportation request with Stateway Auto Transport (spoke with "Paul"), the first red flag was when I received the wrong confirmation email containing somebody else's name, confirmation number, vehicle information and transaction fees (prime example of no attention to detail).

Stateway Auto Transport is a broker company who sub-contracted my vehicle shipment to "Do It" Auto Transport which is why Stateway is mentioned in this review. Stateway Auto Transport needs to be held equally accountable for providing extremely poor customer service by sub-contracting vehicle transport requests to "Do It" Auto Transport.

During the transportation process, I encountered the following issues with "Do It" Auto Transport... My debit card was charged days BEFORE the car was delivered (The original email confirmation from Stateway stated the following "COD Amount: Must be paid to the carrier on DELIVERY in Certified Funds.") Delivery dates and times were CONSTANTLY CHANGED with the following excuses to the effect of "The driver is very tired," "My driver is stuck in traffic." (I was contacted by "Edgar" on 27 November stating my vehicle is "guaranteed" to be delivered on 28 November between 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, only to re-scheduled for 29 November "either by 12:00 am midnight or between 8:00 am - 11:00 am.") (Note: My vehicle wasn't delivered until 29 November around 2:30 pm! My original delivery date was 24 November.)

Vehicle was severely damaged upon delivery (front bumper was scratched badly due to lack of handling and care) AND had an extra 50 miles on it! My vehicle had 13,901 miles on it PRIOR to pick-up, and contained 13,951 miles upon delivery. (If a vehicle is being TRANSPORTED, why were there additional miles on it???)

Several unreturned phone calls ("Paul" [Stateway]) & "Edgar" ["Do It"]) were terrible with returning phone calls. Unanswered questions ("Do It" Auto Transport completely failed to provide pertinent information updates on the location of my vehicle and delivery date/time throughout the transportation process.) "Do It" Auto Transport failed to provide their customer (me) with a peace of mind and sense of security that my vehicle was safely being transported throughout the process.

Due to the suspicious lack of communication (vehicle location updates), I felt as if I was experiencing a robbery/heist and informed "Edgar" I would call the police and report my vehicle stolen! Overall, my decision to conduct business with Stateway Auto Transport and "Do It" Auto Transport for the first time resulted in a significant amount of additional stress in conjunction with my PCS move, no peace of mind, lost of appetite and sleep, headaches and a MAJOR INCONVENIENCE!

It's truly sad and unacceptable for a company to treat their customers like this, especially an ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY MEMBER! Regardless of whether a person is military or civilian, I strongly advise NOT TO HIRE Stateway Auto Transport and/or "Do It" Auto Transport to transport your vehicle. Safe yourself from the lost time, inconvenience and unnecessary stress... I'll NEVER choose Stateway and/or "Do It" Auto Transport to handle/transport my vehicle again.

My order number is **. The following is how I got "JACKED" around by Stateway Auto Transport. It all started 30 days before I was planning to go to FL. I know that you are about to do the same. PLEASE, BE WARNED. STATEWAY AUTO TRANSPORT WILL "JACK" YOU AROUND IN ALL WAYS. Customer Service Agent Bill tells me that my car will be picked up either Friday October 30, 2015, or Saturday October 31, 2015 or Sunday November 1, 2015. Stateway Auto Transport "jacked" me. No one shows up or calls ahead for pickup of vehicle.

I received an email from Karla, she works in the Dispatch Office. Stating that my car will be picked up on Monday November 9, 2015, with assigned company as Auto Express as carrier. With a 2-4 HOUR WINDOW, sweet I think. I contact a good friend and ask her if she would do me a favor, by waiting for the 2-4 hour window for the driver to call and schedule time on Monday November 9, 2015 to pick up my vehicle.

I received a text message from Naviy from Auto Express Carrier. The following is a direct quote from Naviy, "Hello, is Naviy from Auto Express Carrier, is the company supposed pick up the 1996 Buick Regal. My driver picks up your car tomorrow. The driver calls you 1 hour before pick up." I was a little blown away, and asked the name of the company, phone number, and person he spoke to. Naviy says company is "STATEWAY AUTO TRANSPORT". Here's Naviy's response "The company sent to me the order for pick up tomorrow morning (November 10, 2015). Stateway will "jack you" and "jack you" and forget about your deposit of $145, that is gone. SO, IN CLOSING STATEWAY AUTO TRANSPORT SUCKS!!!

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH STATEWAY AUTO FROM Wheeling, IL! I cannot believe they have 5 star rating with all the bad reviews and from my own experience with them! (Funny how I see a 5 star rating to ship a vehicle from San Francisco to California on here-SF is in California!). On 08-24-2015 we ordered with Stateway Auto a Transport of my Classic Vehicle for $1245.00 and delivery within 10 days. When the 10 days were up I started calling (actually before to get a date). This is when the excuses started flying. I was first told that a driver didn't want to pay a bridge toll. I am North of the Golden Gate Bridge. I told them that Northbound traffic was Free, only Southbound pays the toll. It's only $7 anyhow.

Then the next excuse was that the drivers do not want to drive over bridges. What? Semis drive over the Golden Gate Bridge every day. I also informed her that there are other ways to get here that are much more preferred by drivers than going through San Francisco (Hwy 80-actually saves time). She told me they had to go the most direct route, and won't drive over a bridge. She then told me that if I met the driver South of the bridge I could get my vehicle delivered sooner. I said there is no safe place to do that, and besides, I was quoted delivery to my residence/business. Next I was told that my vehicle could get picked up sooner if I would go with Open transport. I said no way. It's a Classic Vehicle and I was quoted for Enclosed. I was offered $100.00 off and I still refused.

Next we were being told the vehicle would be picked up on 09-08-2015. They charged my credit card on 09-05-2015 for $145.00 for the deposit without informing me. That was $100.00 less than they said it would be. A driver finally did show up on that date, but it was Open transport. When I spoke to Emily **, she said that they would also take off $100 more from what I was to pay the driver for a total of $200 off the original quoted price. I said no way, I wanted Enclosed and didn't care that they had $100,000.00 insurance. The savings they were offering would not even pay for the vehicle to be detailed and cleaned, let alone pay for any rock chips or other damage.

I asked when an Enclosed transport would show up, she did not know. I called elsewhere, and got my vehicle picked up in less than 24 hours. So, I called her back on 09-08-2015 (same day) and requested to cancel and a refund of my deposit. She didn't answer her phone, I had to leave a voicemail. As soon as I hung up the phone, I e-mailed her and stated the same thing and that I wanted a refund. They next day someone else called me back and was somewhat begging that I did not cancel and couldn't believe that someone else had already picked up the vehicle. I asked for a refund. She told me that it would take 1-2 weeks to show up in my bank.

It has now been nearly 4 weeks, and NO refund has showed up. On 10-03-2015 I sent another e-mail to Miss Emily, and told her that if I didn't hear from her by Monday (10-05-2015), that I would contact BBB and the Illinois Attorney General and be filing complaints. All I want is my money. No response from her. I even waited until today, 10-06-2015 and called them again and was sent to someone else's voicemail and I left a message stating that I wanted contact immediately from them and my money. No response, yet again. I am out my $145.00. I want my money! I have already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and also with the Illinois Attorney General. BUYER BEWARE.

26 days. 26 days is how long it took Stateway to move my vehicle from San Diego to Minneapolis. I chose Stateway because of their high ratings on various sites. I'm not sure if they write positive reviews themselves or pay people to write them, but my experience with them was so terrible that I cant imagine how they could have a rating higher than 1. IMPORTANT: As it turns out, the carriers get the last word on negative reviews on TransportReviews.com, so don't trust any carriers rating on their site. Google NY Times - Transport Reviews for an article that explains this further.

Quick points: After you book your pick up, don't ever expect them to return a call or an email. They've got your money, and now they don't care about you. They will book you at a low price, THEN ask for more money to get a drivers attention. After my vehicle sat idle for more than 12 days, they started repeatedly asked me for $100-200 more. Until your vehicle is actually picked up, they will lie however they can to prevent you from canceling, i.e. your vehicle is at the top of the list, a carrier is in the area, were just confirming insurance, sometimes the truckers have trouble going through the mountains, etc.

Now, my story: I live in Minneapolis and bought a vehicle in San Diego. Shortly after I bought it, I sold my only other car. Because Stateway told me that my vehicle would be picked up 1-4 days (not business days) after the ready date, I didn't panic. Little did I know that I would be in for a continuous web of lies and deceit that would ultimately result in my having to get rides and/or rent a vehicle until my vehicle finally arrived. Because I had sold my other car, I called on Ready Date+3 Days to check on the pickup status. It was then that I was told that whoever told me it would be picked up 1-4 days after the ready date was mistaken and that I should have been told it would be picked up 1-7 days after the ready date. Red Flag #1.

I was told not to worry because my vehicle was at the top of the list and that a carrier would pick it up soon. A carrier? When I booked, I was told that STATEWAY was the carrier. Nope, as it turns out, they are a broker just like all the other brokers. They told me that they do have some of their own trucks (which, for all I know, may be a lie), but that the majority of their business is done through brokering.

Every business day, I called for an update. Most days, I either spoke with a Susie or Bill. While very friendly on the phone, Susie has no idea what shes doing and will lie directly to you to put you at ease. She supposedly wrote many emails to dispatch, each email more useless than the last. Eventually, I asked to speak to a manager and was connected to a Rachel. On Ready Date + 9 Days, Rachel told me that it would be picked up in the next two days. I called the next day. No pickup that day. Rachel then assured me that it would be picked up the following day (Ready Date + 11 days). By the end of that business day, I had received no calls or emails, so I again called to check in. I called and asked for Rachel. Rachel? I don't think there's a Rachel who works here.

At that point, I was furious. I again asked to speak to a manager. After being put on hold for 15+ minutes, they hung up on me. I called right back and the call was disconnected while they tried to transfer me to a Tim. Called back again and asked for Tim. Hes not here, what message would you like me to email him? I told the rep that I wanted to talk directly to Tim and that I had NEVER received a call back or email the entire time that I had been working with them. Suddenly Tim was available.

Tim answered the phone and was very amicable, calm, and willing to help. He was the only positive part of my experience with Stateway. Unfortunately, it was far too little, far too late. Tim reassured me that they were doing everything they could do to get the vehicle picked up. He then asked if I would be willing to add another $100-200 to get a drivers attention. This was the 6th or 7th time one of them had asked me to pay more for my delivery. I told Tim that it was it ridiculous for them to ask me for more money, and that they should instead offer me a discount. After a brief hold, he said that they would take $100 off their $145 fee to add to the $800 the driver would get, in the hopes that it would get picked up sooner.

Fast forward through couple more days of inactivity: Again I called and spoke to Tim. Again, he asked me to pay more money, making the point that they need to at least make something. I explained that given my horrible experience thus far, no, they do not need to make any money on the deal. Sometimes in business you make 30% margin, sometimes you need to take a loss. This was one of those times. I asked him to speak with whomever he needed to make this happen. After a hold, he came back on the line and told me that they would use the rest of their deposit plus add $50 to get the vehicle picked up faster.

At long last, I received an email saying my vehicle had been dispatched and giving me a date for pickup. The email also said it would take 7 days to arrive, which was disappointing because since I had placed the order, I had always been told it would take 2-4 days from pickup. The pickup date (a Tuesday) came and went. After all this, they still couldn't pick it up when they promised. Fortunately, the pickup was only delayed one more day. Of course, another wrinkle: The driver who arrived to pick up the X3 didn't have a Bill of Lading, so the dealership couldn't release the vehicle to him. More phone calls and more time needed on my part to address the problem. Once the vehicle was picked up, I assumed everything was fine. I called a couple days later (Friday) to check the status/location of the vehicle. After having it in their possession for two full days, it had only traveled 120 miles (from San Diego to Los Angeles).

The day before the scheduled drop off date, I thought I should call the actual carrier and make sure that I only needed to give them $800 on delivery. Nope. They said $995. Okay, so I checked my bank account. As it turns out, Stateway hadn't yet charged me the $145 deposit. So that still leaves me $50 short (the same $50 that Stateway promised that they would provide to the carrier). After texting Tim, he explained that all of their deposits are $195. I wasn't sure if he didn't know that my deposit was $145 or if that was an outright lie, so I sent him a screen shot of my confirmation email that showed my deposit being $145. A short time later, he texted me back and said they'd send me a check for the $50.

Promised drop off date #1: After five calls to Stateway's contracted carrier (Interstate Roadrunner) I finally found out that the driver had run over his hours and that the vehicle wouldn't be delivered until the following day. They seemed very sheepish to tell me this, and like I said, it took five calls to get that information. Promised drop off date #2: When the vehicle finally arrived, the drop off went fine and there were no surprises. Finally, something in the awful experience actually went as it should have.

I sold my car during all of this, and the person who bought it had chosen to go through Stateway for shipping (He chose them on my recommendation before I had gone through this awful experience). After seeing what I was going through, he canceled with Stateway and went with another carrier. Ten hours AFTER my car was picked up by the other carrier, Stateway's contracted carrier called me to coordinate the pickup. Apparently, Stateway didn't listen to the buyers multiple voice mails or emails telling them he was cancelling. Their so-called Vehicle Tracking Service is nothing but an archaic, simple online chat system which wouldn't be so bad if it actually worked. I tried multiple times and no one ever responded.

TIP - If you DO make the mistake of booking with Stateway and you need to contact them, do not select the customer service option when you call. You will likely be automatically put on hold for 3-4 minutes then transferred to voicemail. I'd suggest selecting the I've already got a quote and would like to schedule pickup option. EVERY time I selected that option, someone answered immediately (of course). Main thing to take away from this review: If you are considering using Stateway, please reconsider. Save yourself countless phone calls, emails, and hours of wasted time. Run the other direction and never look back.

I was told that my car would be picked up in front of my home. Therefore, I arranged to have it picked up while I was on vacation, with my mother the key point of contact to deliver the car to the carrier. My mother is elderly and does not live in my state. She came in to watch my dog while I was on vacation. On the day of the pick-up, the driver told her that she'd have to drive the car to another state for pickup. My mother doesn't drive much, and certainly not much at all in my state. Her driving my vehicle to another state for pickup, which was not what I was told would happen, was completely out of the question for her. She had to contact a friend of mine to take my car to meet the driver. My friend had to take a half day off work to drive my car to the pickup location. Then the driver was over two hours late, and my friend had to take a cab back to her home.

I tried to contact Stateway several times with no response for clarification as to why this happened, and why such a blatant lie was told to me regarding the pickup location. Had I known I needed to drive the car to another state for pickup, I would have either gone with a different service, or would have handled the scheduling differently so that I would have been available to do this. Instead, two other people were inconvenienced by this lack of professionalism by the Stateway team.

I contracted to use Stateway on July 27, the vehicle was to be picked up in Muskegon, Mi. and taken to Tucson AZ. between August 10th and 14th. I was to provide pick up location when contacted. I was not contacted until I call just prior to me departing to Michigan. I was quoted a price and told they would work on assigning a driver. Once I got to Michigan, I called each day I was there and left repeated messages with customer service. When I finally contacted a rep I was told that the location was out of the way and could I get the car to Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo. A driver was still not assigned, and on Friday the 14th I call to cancel.

I was asked to give them until 5 p.m. At about 4:45 I received advising a driver was assigned and given his number to arrange pick up location. I call and was told he was only taking my car to Grand Rapids. I asked how am I to get the car to Arizona, he said I have to contract with someone else. So much for one driver assigned to transport the car. I call Stateway back and was told that I would be charged because a driver was assigned even though I cancelled the driver as Grand Rapids is not the destination contracted for.

I used Stateway Auto Transport to ship my car. The car was at destination before me and was waiting for me. It was handled properly and I didn't have nothing to complain about. ** kept his word and is great to work with. In this market where you got to be wary of unreliable shippers. Stateway Auto is totally trustworthy. Completely satisfied with the service provided by him.

Stateway Auto Transport Company Profile