2. Auto Transporters

Glenview, IL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.25/5

Quick and easy

Get matched with an Auto Transport partner

Stateway Auto Transport is fully insured, licensed and bonded to make sure your car arrives safe and sound at its destination. They provide a vehicle tracking service so you can’t know where your car is at all times. They've designed three service plans to meet your specific needs.

Give them a call today and don't forget to visit them online to see their many discounts!

Quick and easy

Get matched with an Auto Transport partner

Stateway Auto Transport Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stateway Auto Transport?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stateway Auto Transport?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

I did my research in advance knowing that choosing the right company to transport my X3 BMW was more about trust than just good customer service! Stateway was timely with follow up, clear with directions/rules and ultimately did a great job transporting my car from Colorado to Connecticut. There were no hidden fees , communication was clear through the whole process and I experienced NO issues. Would use them again and in fact driver even arrived earlier despite a blizzard/ice storm in the area of delivery. Incredible! Thank you Stateway!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I chose this business to ship my car from NY to TX. I called Thursday 11/10 to several auto shippers, as my relocation date was Tuesday 11/15 and had limited time to have my car picked up. After having shopped around, the sole reason why I chose Stateway was because I was told my car would be picked up Saturday, 11/12 and that their standard delivery time was 3-4 days. This would nearly eliminate any need to have to have a rental car beyond 24-48 hours (rates in Austin during this week was $51/day inc. taxes and fees). I was told my deposit would be charged upon contact from my driver; no one ever called, and Stateway's customer service department is closed on the weekends, as I found out from no one answering or returning my calls. They missed my Saturday pickup date, and by Monday, still no call for pickup of my vehicle.

After calling in 2 or 3 times, I got a hold of my sales rep who then told me that their truck broke down on Saturday, which is why no one picked up my car - but no call??? Being that my flight left on Tuesday, I was now STUCK with this auto shipper, as I only had 24 more hours left to hand over these keys to anyone. It took them a few hours to get another truck - I was assured, again, that shipping takes 3-4 days. I was now anticipating arrival by Friday at the latest. Here we are, Monday, and still no car, no call. Today I have called my sales rep and left 2 VM's with the customer service manager who has yet to return my call. The arrival of my vehicle is now at least 5 days later than promised and counting, which has cost me an additional $250 just in rental car fees.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. They will tell you everything you want to hear in order to get your business (2 day pickup, 4 day ship) and then pull a bait and switch and tell you all the fine print after no one bothers to show up or call. I never would have gone with Stateway if I knew their motto was overpromise, underdeliver, and you're the one left to foot the bill. Daniel, the sales rep, has tried to help and is just doing his job, but no one involved in this operation knows how to follow through.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

It took nearly a month to transport my Honda from CT to OR. I spoke with Dan and Paul alternately during the experience. First, my car was dispatched within a week to Falcon Auto Movers. Six times they notified my friend in CT that they were picking up the car, and six times they didn't show up. When I called Stateway to complain, I spoke to Paul, who stated that Stateway would not be using Falcon, and assured me it would be dispatched quickly. Three days later, my car was dispatched to Falcon - again. The driver picked up the car and 10 days later, when I had not heard anything, I tried to get in touch with the driver.

He set up a meeting time and place and did not show up. The next day was the same story. I left work early both days and cancelled an appointment one day to meet the driver. At this point, I had no idea where the car was. I also could no longer reach the driver. Finally, someone from Falcon told me that the driver claimed the car had been delivered. After a couple of days, I lost touch with him, too. After reaching out to Paul and Dan at Stateway (again) and threatening to call the police, I finally got my car. My main complaint is with Falcon, but Stateway uses them, so beware!!!

Also, it would have been very helpful if the guys from Stateway had checked in at some point after they got their payment. It took almost a month to get my car, and the many, many calls I had to make was time-consuming, not to mention the stress of having no idea of the location of my car. I highly recommend going with a company that will allow you to track the delivery of your vehicle and deliver the first time they make a promise. Otherwise, it could drag on and on and create a lot of stress for you, the customer.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I liked the customer service people who provided the quote. A guy named Kevin at the Stateway Auto home office was responsive and was the only reason I did this. The driver was very nice. Everything went smoothly and worked well. Better than I expected.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

I was moving from Arizona to Illinois and I didn’t want to drive so I shipped my car and I flew. The first transport company we chose must’ve been a ma and pa operation and never came saying that her mother was sick so she couldn’t. Somebody gave me Stateway's name and told me to call there. Everything went smoothly and perfectly. Stateway was the greatest. I spoke to the customer service and they were exact. The day the car arrived, they were really great. I live in a condo so there was no place for them to park but they were very accommodating.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

Our son had an injury and we were bringing him back to Iowa. We brought his car back from California as well. I was sold to Stateway's cost and the friendliness of the person I spoke to. Their quote was a tad lower than the others. We didn't know when our date would be so I kept their rep on the hook and he kept us on the list. He continually called and asked if we had a date and if we're still okay with the move, which I appreciated. It was very nice. He wanted us to know that he was still there for us. A friend was at the pick-up for us. That went smoothly. Then the driver dropped it off when he said he'd drop it off. The shipping went as smooth as it could be. I would recommend Stateway to everyone.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

A car was being gifted from family members to us so we had to get it to where we live now and used Stateway Auto Transport. The quote they gave was okay and I definitely had to negotiate it myself. There was an email that said they would match any offer and then when I called in, they weren't willing to match the lowest offer I got. But they came close to it when I held my ground and then it was shipped very soon with that quote. They definitely hedged about what I would ship and tried to charge me about $400 more than what they ended up making. They also got several things wrong when they entered my information and I had to call back twice to get them fixed. But it happened and the car got here safely so we're happy about that. The shipping and the driver seemed good as well. I definitely had to put a foot down.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I purchased a car that needs repair so it wasn't drivable and then I needed to transfer it from Iowa to Dallas. I shopped for transport and found out that most are brokers so I booked with Stateway. I had a good experience.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

I had bought a car at the Leake Auction in Tulsa and I shipped it back to my home in Chicago. I found Stateway off a search on the internet and called them in from there. Their quote was a good and fair price and they stayed with it. The actual carrier wanted $100 or so but they made it right. The rep stayed in contact with them and did a good job. The service was good. I've got another car I'm having rebuilt, so I'll use Stateway again to ship it back.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

We were sending a car up to my daughter in college and Stateway Auto Transport said that they would match my lowest quote, that they were a carrier not a broker, and had online tracking of the vehicle. They came back with a decent quote and although they couldn't meet the lowest quote that I had received, it was a fair quote so we went with them. However, I only had interaction with their rep until the car was picked up. They didn't get involved any more at that point but the rep answered my questions very quickly.

Overall, Stateway was good. They were very prompt up until the point that the car was picked up. The only thing that I didn't like was when they told me they were a carrier and had their own trucks which obviously wasn't the case because a completely different shipper picked up the car. They also told me that I could track the vehicle online as it went across the country which was not the case as well. I never even had a chance to talk to somebody nor chat with them to find out. They said that some trucks were not equipped with the vehicle tracking and that I would have to call back via the carrier directly.

Stateway Auto Transport Company Information