Find the Best Assisted Living in Raleigh, NC
Top 8 Raleigh Assisted Living Facilities
|Bright Horizon Senior Care||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living for six residents at a time. Allows residents to choose between private and semiprivate rooms. Provides a 24-hour staff, daily meals and exercise classes.
|Cadence Garner||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care at its facility in Garner. Provides on-site dining service, a calendar of events, a 24-hour staff, regular wellness checks, housekeeping and linen service.
|Falls River Village||Read Author Review|
Offers pet-friendly assisted living, independent living, memory care, skilled nursing and respite care services at its facility in Raleigh. Provides three daily meals, a 24-hour staff and personalized care plans.
|HeartFields at Cary||Read Author Review|
Offers pet-friendly assisted living, memory care and respite care at its facility in Cary. Includes a barbershop, a beauty salon and an activity center on the property. Provides a veterans discount.
|Magnolia Glen||Read Author Review|
Offers independent living and assisted living at its facility in Raleigh. Allows residents to choose between studio and one-bedroom apartments. Provides weekly housekeeping and daily dining service.
|Spring Arbor of Apex||Read Author Review|
Offers pet-friendly assisted living at its facility in Apex. Provides daily meals, medication management, wellness and fitness programs, on-site therapies and personal emergency response systems.
|The Reserve at Mills Farm||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care, respite care and independent living at its facility in Apex. Allows residents to choose between one- and two-bedroom apartments. Includes a fitness center and a dining room on-site.
|Waltonwood Cary Parkway||Read Author Review|
Offers pet-friendly assisted living, independent living and memory care at its facility in Cary. Provides housekeeping, medication management and daily meals. Allows residents to choose between one- and two-bedroom units.
Drawbacks and benefits of assisted living in Raleigh
Like any lifestyle decision, there are benefits and drawbacks to assisted living in Raleigh:
- The North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation licenses and oversees the operations of Raleigh assisted living communities to ensure they provide safe care.
- Raleigh summers are hot and muggy, while the winters are cold and wet.
- The grocery index in Raleigh is 70.87 out of a potential 100, according to Numbeo at the time of publishing.
- Raleigh’s crime index is 14, meaning it is safer than 14% of other cities. In comparison to other big cities, this crime index is fairly good. Nonetheless, ask about security measures when visiting each assisted living facility you’re considering.
- There are several nationally-recognized hospitals and health care systems in the Raleigh area, including Duke Raleigh Hospital and UNC Health.
- North Carolina exempts Social Security income from state taxes. However, other forms of retirement income are taxed at a flat 5.499% at the time of publishing.
- Raleigh offers four types of public transportation. One major perk is that adults who are 65 or older can ride for free with a GoRaleigh ID.
How much does assisted living cost in Raleigh?
On average, the cost of assisted living in Raleigh ranges from $2,800 to $5,800 per month. This price includes room, board and basic medical care. Most facilities also offer on-site activities and access to the property’s amenities at no extra cost.
However, there are several factors and fees that can affect your monthly cost. For example, someone who needs a higher level of care may pay more for assisted living care. Additionally, some facilities require an upfront buy-in fee. The good news is that, if an assisted living facility requires a buy-in, its monthly living fee may be lower.
Some assisted living communities offer discounts for veterans, and some offer multiple payment structures to help meet different needs.
Raleigh assisted living FAQ
- How do you pay for assisted living care in North Carolina?
- Most people pay for assisted living expenses out of pocket from savings accounts or retirement income. However, North Carolina’s Medicaid system may cover some of the costs of assisted living or long-term care. Contact a Medicaid representative for more information.
- Are assisted living facilities regulated in North Carolina?
- Yes, assisted living facilities in North Carolina are regulated by the state Division of Health Service Regulation.
- What services do assisted living facilities provide in Raleigh?
- Assisted living is ideal for older adults who want to maintain some independence but need help with daily living tasks. This can include help with dressing, meals, medication and grooming. Some assisted living communities also provide higher levels of care, like incontinence management, bathing, escorts while walking and managing toileting.
- What organizations support and protect older adults in Raleigh?
- Here are a few such organizations:
- North Carolina Senior Living Association is an assisted living association that has a membership of licensed adult and family care homes.
- Five Points Center for Active Adults provides classes and events, including pickleball, chair yoga, line dancing and computer classes.
- Meals on Wheels of Wake County serves lunch daily to homebound older adults and people with disabilities in the Raleigh area.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Raleigh assisted living company information
Magnolia Glen offers independent living and assisted living. Its assisted living amenities include studio and one-bedroom apartment-style floor plans, three dining options per day, and weekly housekeeping. Assisted living services include wellness checks, 24-hour caregiver services, 24-hour security, and on-site physical, occupational and speech therapies. Magnolia Glen’s parent company, Kisco Senior Living, operates three assisted living facilities in Raleigh, one in Cary and more in select states.
- Located in: Raleigh
- Address: 5301 Creedmoor Road, Raleigh, NC 27612
- Phone: (919) 373-2895
- Website: kiscoseniorliving.com
Falls River Village provides independent living, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and short-term care services. Assisted living amenities include a 24-hour clinical staff, a pet-friendly environment, social calendars, happy hours, movie nights, three meals per day and technology for virtual socializing. Some of its assisted living services include providing personalized care plans, personal hygiene services and daily health checks. Falls River Village’s parent company, Senior Lifestyle, operates nine locations in North Carolina, including locations in Durham, Fuquay-Varina and Knightdale.
- Located in: Raleigh
- Address: 1110 Falls River Ave., Raleigh, NC 27614
- Phone: (919) 844-9747
- Website: seniorlifestyle.com
Bright Horizon Senior Care offers assisted living to only six residents at a time, which means it is able to provide a 1-to-3 staff-to-resident ratio. Amenities include five units (one semiprivate unit and four private units), furnished and unfurnished options, a 24-hour staff, and full climate control. Assisted living services include providing three meals per day with the ability to accommodate special dietary needs, on-site medical visits, exercise classes and a nurse who is on call 24 hours per day. Bright Horizon Senior Care has three locations in Raleigh.
- Located in: Raleigh
- Address: 1405 Falls Church Road, Raleigh, NC 27609
- Phone: (919) 852-3918
- Website: brighthorizoncare.com
Cadence Garner provides assisted living and memory care. Some of its assisted living amenities include restaurant-style dining, a full social calendar, a 24/7 staff, an emergency call system and all utilities, except phone and cable TV. Services include providing a personalized care plan, medication management, weekly housekeeping and linen service, and wellness checks. Cadence Living, this facility’s parent company, operates six other facilities in North Carolina, including communities in Raleigh and Wake Forest.
- Located in: Garner
- Address: 200 Minglewood Drive, Garner, NC 27529
- Phone: (919) 773-1550
- Website: cadencenorthcarolina.com
The Reserve at Mills Farm offers assisted living, memory care, respite care and independent living. Assisted living amenities include concierge-style support, a family-like community, a 24-hour fitness center, a 24/7 staff, restaurant-style dining, and studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom floor plans. Services include providing a personalized care plan and varying levels of daily task assistance. The Reserve at Mills Farm’s parent company, Navion Senior Solutions, also has a facility in Durham and other locations throughout North Carolina and select states.
- Located in: Apex
- Address: 1000 Mills Chase Loop, Apex, NC 27523
- Phone: (919) 809-5310
- Website: reserve-millsfarm.com
HeartFields at Cary is an assisted living, memory care and short-term stay community. Some of its assisted living amenities include an activity center, a barbershop and salon, on-site security, and studio, loft and two-bedroom apartment floor plans. Assisted living services include in-house doctor visits, physical therapy and accommodations for special diets. The community is pet-friendly and offers a veterans discount. Five Star Senior Living, HeartFields at Cary’s parent company, operates assisted living facilities in select states nationwide.
- Located in: Cary
- Address: 1050 Crescent Green Drive, Cary, NC 27518
- Phone: (984) 464-6184
- Website: fivestarseniorliving.com
Spring Arbor of Apex provides a variety of assisted living care levels based on personal needs. Amenities include a wellness-based model, full-sized bathrooms, an emergency response system, climate-controlled living spaces and a pet-friendly environment. Assisted living services include promoting an active lifestyle, providing three meals per day, on-site therapy, medication management, a fitness program and care coordination. Spring Arbor Senior Living, this facility’s parent company, also operates communities in Cary and Raleigh along with others throughout North Carolina, Virginia and Maryland.
- Located in: Apex
- Address: 901 Spring Arbor Court, Apex, NC 27502
- Phone: (919) 303-9990
- Website: springarborliving.com
Waltonwood Cary Parkway provides independent living, assisted living and memory care. Its amenities include two assisted living floor plans (including one- and two-bedroom options), three chef-prepared meals per day, daily housekeeping, an emergency call system, a therapy pool and a pet-friendly environment. Daily services include medication management, providing a personalized care plan, and assessments and care from a licensed nurse. The facility’s parent company, Waltonwood Senior Living, operates another facility in Raleigh along with others throughout North Carolina, Virginia and Michigan.
- Located in: Cary
- Address: 750 SE Cary Parkway, Cary, NC 27511
- Phone: (919) 651-3962
- Website: waltonwood.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.