Find the Best Assisted Living in Madison, WI
Top 9 Madison Assisted Living Facilities
A Place for Mom
|Read 6 Reviews|
Assisted living referral service. Paid for by participating communities and free to use. Provides a local advisor, tour scheduling and move-in support. Caregiving and independent living assistance.
|All Saints Neighborhood||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted and independent living and memory care services. No entry fee. Provides private, studio-style apartments and 24-hour care staff. Daily laundry and housekeeping. Life enrichment programs for residents.
|Attic Angel Community||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living with various care levels. Features include daily activities and events, dining services, housekeeping, fitness center, transportation services and art studio. One-bedroom apartments with and without balcony.
|BrightStar Senior Living of Madison||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care in Madison. In-unit amenities include flat-screen TVs, 11-foot ceilings and private bathrooms. Provides life enrichment and socialization activities.
|Brook Gardens Place||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living in a smaller setting. Develops individual care plans and has a full-time registered nurse available 24 hours per day. Arranges social events and activities. Studio and one-bedroom apartments.
|Coventry Village||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, independent living and memory care in Madison. Multiple floor plans for residences. Amenities include restaurant-style dining, movie theater, barbershop and secure outdoor areas.
|Noel Manor||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted and independent living, closer care and respite care. Apartments include full kitchen and private bathroom. Provides up to 28 hours per week of personal and nursing care. Weekly housekeeping and laundry service.
|Oakwood Village||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living at two locations. 24-hour staff availability. Individualized care plans include basic health monitoring and emergency response. Provides life enrichment programming. Three meals per day, plus snacks.
|Our House Senior Living Cambridge||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living in Cambridge. Provides residents with daily living activity assistance, recreational and social activities, three healthy meals daily, housekeeping and linen service.
Choosing assisted living in Madison
About 11% of Madison’s population is 65 or older, according to census data. There are hundreds of assisted living facilities in the Madison area, each of which is regulated by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
When choosing an assisted living facility in Madison, you should think about a number of factors:
- The levels and types of care
- The number of staff members and the ratio of staff members to residents
- Resident living areas
Tour as many assisted living facilities in Madison as possible to help you choose the right one for yourself or a loved one. You can also read online reviews and ask people you trust for recommendations.
Benefits of assisted living in Madison
A few benefits to consider about assisted living in Madison are:
- There are several different types of assisted living facilities in Madison. Two main types are Community-Based Residential Facilities (CBRF) and Residential Care Apartment Complexes (RCAC). There are also Adult Family Homes (AFH). Each differs in the number of residents and the level of care provided. All must meet standards set by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services Division of Quality Assurance.
- Assisted living facilities in Wisconsin all offer five basic services: personal care services (help with bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, mobility and toileting), health monitoring, medication assistance, referral and information services and leisure time services.
- Assisted living facilities in Wisconsin serve a variety of types of people. These include older adults, older adults with dementia, people who have physical disabilities, people with a controlled mental or emotional disorder and people with traumatic brain injuries.
- You have multiple ways to pay for assisted living in Madison, including using personal resources (savings, pension, long-term care insurance, veterans benefits, Supplemental Security Income), state and federal funding, and local aid.
How much does assisted living cost in Madison?
In Madison, assisted living costs cost from $3,900 to $9,750 per month. The monthly price of assisted living depends mainly on the community, the type of living arrangement (private vs. shared, the floor plan) and the level of care you or a loved one needs.
Assisted living communities with a greater number of amenities, higher staffing numbers or urban locations have higher costs than other facilities. Choosing a private apartment with a larger floor plan or a more intense care plan also adds to cost.
Residents of assisted living facilities in Madison use private funds, long-term care insurance, veterans benefits and other sources of funding, such as reverse mortgages, to pay for assisted living. Medicare doesn’t pay for assisted living. Certain Medicaid programs in Wisconsin may cover assisted living for beneficiaries; contact the Wisconsin Department of Health Services for further guidance.
Madison assisted living FAQ
- What does assisted living help with in Madison?
- Assisted living facilities in Madison provide assistance with daily living activities, such as grooming, bathing, getting dressed, using the bathroom, eating and moving around. They also monitor your or a loved one’s health, provide medication assistance and arrange leisure time services.
- Are assisted living facilities regulated in Wisconsin?
- Yes, assisted living facilities in Wisconsin are regulated by the Department of Health Services.
- What is the average stay in assisted living in Madison?
- The average stay in assisted living in Madison is between two and three years.
- What organizations support and protect older adults in Madison?
- Many organizations support older Wisconsin residents, including:
- ADRC of Dane County supports older adults by providing information, assistance and education on community services and long-term care options at no charge.
- AgeBetter is an organization with initiatives including affordable housing for older adults, training and education for caregivers and a community-based garden program for older adults.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Madison assisted living community information
At Coventry Village, amenities include casual and bistro dining options, a movie theater, a chapel, a garden and secure outdoor areas. Multiple floor plans are available. Set up a tour right on the Five Star Senior Living website. Five Star Senior Living has another location in Madison and one in Verona.
- Located in: Madison
- Address: 7707 N. Brookline Drive, Madison, WI 53719
- Phone: (608) 820-8207
- Website: fivestarseniorliving.com
Noel Manor is a pet-friendly community that offers independent living, assisted living, closer care and respite care. The community offers apartments with full kitchens and private bathrooms, three restaurant-style meals per day, weekly housekeeping and laundry service and 24-hour staff.
- Located in: Verona
- Address: 471 Prairie Way Blvd., Verona, WI 53593
- Phone: (608) 620-6010
- Website: noelmanorliving.com
Oakwood Village offers a full continuum of care at two campuses in Madison. Its residents live in one-bedroom apartments and have access to services and amenities including an individualized care plan, 24-hour staff availability, medication management, daily housekeeping, life enrichment programming, three daily meals and snacks. Contact Oakwood Village to schedule a tour.
- Located in: Madison
- Address: 5565 Tancho Drive, Madison, WI 53718
- Phone: (608) 230-4000
- Website: oakwoodvillage.net
Brook Gardens Place is a small Enlivant community that develops individual care plans for each resident and has a full-time registered nurse available 24 hours a day. Studio and one-bedroom apartments are available. Amenities include a social and recreational program, an activity room, a hair salon, weekly housekeeping service and scheduled transportation. Fill out a form on the website for pricing and further information.
- Located in: Lake Mills
- Address: 300 Oneil St., Lake Mills, WI 53551
- Phone: (920) 253-2181
- Website: enlivant.com
BrightStar Senior Living of Madison offers assisted living and memory care. The community has 16 assisted living suites and offers personal care assistance, medication administration, life enrichment and socialization activities, housekeeping and chef-prepared meals. Schedule a visit by filling out a form online. BrightStar Senior Living also has a location in Waunakee.
- Located in: Madison
- Address: 6550 Schroeder Road, Madison, WI 53711
- Phone: (608) 620-7900
- Website: brightstarseniorliving.com/madison
Attic Angel Community includes Attic Angel Place, where assisted living residents live in one-bedroom apartments and there is one caregiver for every 10 residents. Services include medication management, bathing assistance, laundry and three meals per day. There is a full schedule of daily activities. Request a tour by filling out a form online.
- Located in: Middleton
- Address: 8301 Old Sauk Road, Middleton, WI 53562
- Phone: (608) 662-8842
- Website: atticangel.org
All Saints Neighborhood offers assisted living, independent living and memory care in Madison. Residents live in private studio apartments. Care staff is available 24 hours per day. All Saints Neighborhood has a wellness center, a courtyard, gardens, various dining venues and a chapel. Life Enrichment programs promote socialization, exercise, entertainment and education.
- Located in: Madison
- Address: 511 Commerce Drive, Madison, WI 53719
- Phone: (608) 827-2772
- Website: allsaintsneighborhood.org
Our House Senior Living Cambridge offers assisted living, memory care, senior apartments, short-term care and hospice. Benefits include personalized care, three nutritious meals per day, recreational and social activities, linen and housekeeping service and coordination with outside health care providers. Our House Senior Living has other communities in Janesville, Lodi, Portage and other Wisconsin locations.
- Located in: Cambridge
- Address: 201 W. Madison St., Cambridge, WI 53523
- Phone: (608) 423-9961
- Website: ourhousesl.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.