Find the Best Assisted Living in Chicago, IL
Top 8 Chicago Assisted Living Facilities
A Place for Mom
|Read 9 Reviews|
Assisted living referral service. Paid for by participating communities and free to use. Provides a local advisor, tour scheduling and move-in support. Helps find caregiving and assisted living options.
|Bethany Retirement Community||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care. Provides assistance with bathing and dressing along with medication management. Allows residents to choose between a private studio or one-bedroom apartments.
|Cantata Adult Life Services||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, independent living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services at its Brookfield facility. Provides 24-hour staffing, medication management and off-site excursions.
|Eden Supportive Living||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living at its facilities near Wrigley Field and in South Shore. Provides housekeeping, laundry service, 24-hour staffing, recreational activities, medication management and daily meals.
|Elevate Saint Andrew||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, independent living, memory care, rehabilitation service and short-term care at its facility in Niles. Provides meals, assistance with daily living activities and on-site activities.
|Grand Regency of South Shore||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living at its South Shore facility. Provides daily meals, housekeeping and trash removal for all residents. Has common areas, media rooms, recreational events and an outdoor patio on the property.
|Jackson Park Supportive Living||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living in South Shore. Includes a kitchenette, a spacious bathroom and an emergency alert system in every apartment. Provides assistance with daily living activities.
|The Montclare Supportive Living||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living at its facility in Chicago. Allows residents to choose between studio apartments and one-bedroom apartments. Provides laundry, housekeeping and medication management services.
Drawbacks and benefits of assisted living in Chicago
When choosing to move yourself or your loved one into an assisted living facility, it’s good to think about some of the benefits and drawbacks of assisted living in Chicago:
- The Illinois Department of Public Health regulates assisted living facilities in Chicago to protect residents from scams and unsafe practices.
- Chicago’s transportation system, the Chicago Transit Authority, has an 11-line commuter rail system, a bus and a paratransit system. The CTA also allows older adults to ride for free, making it easier for older adults to commute to and from their assisted living centers.
- Chicago has quality medical facilities to provide routine treatment and emergency aid. Some of these include Mount Sinai Hospital and Mercy Hospital and Medical Center.
- Income from Social Security, personal savings or retirement pensions is not taxed in Illinois. This leaves most older adults with more money to spend on assisted living.
- Chicago has a higher crime rate than the national average. To safeguard against this, most assisted living facilities offer 24-hour monitoring and other forms of security for protection.
- Known for its cold, windy winters, Chicago’s weather isn’t everyone’s favorite. When choosing an assisted living facility in the city, ask what measures are in place to keep facilities warm and keep walking paths clear of ice and snow.
How much does assisted living cost in Chicago?
On average, assisted living costs between $4,000 and $5,000 per month in Chicago. This fee varies depending on the care, location and amenities of the facility you choose.
For example, older adults who need constant supervision might have to pay on the higher end, while those requiring minimal assistance pay less. Likewise, a facility with more on-site amenities, like medical alert systems in residents’ quarters, is usually more expensive than one without extra features.
Check with your chosen facility before enrolling to see if it offers any discounts or promotional deals.
Chicago assisted living FAQ
- Are a nursing home and an assisted living facility the same thing in Illinois?
- No, nursing home care is more medical in nature, while assisted living focuses on overall care for those who need minor support. In a nursing home, medication management and hospice care are prioritized. In assisted living facilities, residents are encouraged to pursue their interests through social activities and community engagement, with help available for specific tasks.
- Who can live in an assisted living facility in Chicago?
- Anyone over the age of 65 can usually live in an assisted living facility in Chicago, but there are no government restrictions on the topic. Regardless, it is always a good idea to check with facility administrators if you have any hesitation before enrolling.
- Does Medicare pay for assisted living in Chicago?
- No, Medicare does not pay for assisted living in Illinois.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Chicago assisted living company information
Jackson Park Supportive Living offers assisted living in Chicago's South Shore area. It also provides outpatient rehabilitation, dental treatments, hospice services and mental health care. Its rooms are disability-friendly, and each comes with a spacious bathroom and an emergency alert system. Jackson Park Supportive Living also has lounges, colorful patios and an on-site shopping center.
- Located in: Chicago
- Address: 1448 E. 75th St., Chicago, IL 60619
- Phone: (773) 667-6500
- Website: jacksonparkslf.com
Grand Regency of South Shore offers assistance with all daily living activities, including bathing, dressing, transferring, toileting, urinary incontinence and eating. It has certified nurses on staff for 24-hour care, but it also has office hours from a wide range of medical specialists, including an optometrist, a dentist, a primary physician and a psychologist. The facility provides outpatient rehabilitation and hospice care, too.
- Located in: Chicago
- Address: 7419 S. Exchange Ave., Chicago, IL 60649
- Phone: (773) 721-6600
- Website: grandregencysouthshore.com/assisted-living
Eden Supportive Living provides assistance with daily living activities, including help with bathing, dressing, grooming, ambulation and toileting. The facility also considers residents’ dietary restrictions and provides low-sodium and low-sugar meals. It has a wide range of social activities, including educational programs and off-site trips. The staff handles medication management along with episodic and intermittent counseling for health promotion or disease prevention. Eden Supportive Living has two facilities in Chicago and two more throughout Illinois.
- Located in: Chicago and North Aurora
- Address: 940 W. Gordon Terrace, Chicago, IL 60613
- Phone: (773) 472-1020
- Website: edenslf.com
Bethany Retirement Community offers assisted living and continuing care to older adults. It has numerous on-site amenities, like a coffee shop, a patio, a beauty shop, musical instruments for leisure and a well-furnished library with internet access. Bethany Retirement Community also provides an emergency calling system in every apartment for maximum security.
- Located in: Chicago
- Address: 4950 N. Ashland Ave., Chicago, IL 60640
- Phone: (773) 989-1501
- Website: bethanyretirement.org
Cantata Adult Life Services offers skilled nursing and rehab services, along with independent and assisted living. The team regularly takes residents on trips to the theater, baseball games, museum trips and dinners. Book a tour through Cantata Adult Life Services’ website.
- Located in: Brookfield
- Address: 8700 W. 31st St., Brookfield, IL 60513
- Phone: (708) 485-1155
- Website: cantata.org
Elevate Saint Andrew offers memory care, incontinence care, mobility assistance, and independent and assisted living. Its staff helps older adults with bathing, dressing, grooming and getting to meals and activities. Elevate Saint Andrews has nursing staff on call 24/7, and it offers at-home health visits, medication administration and wellness programs.
- Located in: Niles
- Address: 7000 N. Newark Ave., Niles, IL 60714
- Phone: (847) 647-8332
- Website: elevatesa.org
The Montclare Supportive Living provides assisted living services, specializing in working with older adults that have lower incomes. It provides each resident with a private apartment featuring a kitchenette, a spacious bathroom and an emergency alert system. The facility handles housekeeping, laundry and medication management, too. The Montclare Supportive Living residents can choose between studio and one-bedroom apartments.
- Located in: Chicago
- Address: 4339 W. 18th Place, Chicago, IL 60623
- Phone: (773) 277-0288
- Website: gardant.com/montclaresupportiveliving
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.