Sunrise Senior Living

Compare Assisted Living

Research top Assisted Living recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

They offer the family the ability to create a schedule that the family can work with which is good if the family works. This allows us to work and have time too for others. The music that they play is great and having time to have art time is good too because it helps to reduce stress and allow the mind to be creative. The insurance gives us the ability to make sure all our needs are being taken care of so that life becomes less stressful which is always a good thing. The service is good and allows me time for others without having the feeling that something might happen which allows me to live a life that is peaceful.

My grandmother was 96 and not only did they not have any stimulating activities, none of the staff actually cared or took time to talk to her which really saddens me. I have to at least give them the credit of their features. They have good features. The only problem is that they are underused because some require help. While I didn't like this place at all for my grandmother I at least liked the fact it accepted her insurance. She was always frugal with money so that was good. The value of this place overall is crap. They could be doing a better job but they aren't. Unfortunately most assisted living or rest homes suck though.

There were plenty of options to choose from as far as the variety of residential options go, and they were helpful and informed so it was easy for us to make our decision. The extra features were a pleasant surprise. We were excited to see all of these available and easy to use. The features were comforting and exciting. The insurance offerings were top notch! Really, congrats! I've never had an easier time getting my insurance together. It was a really great experience; I was surprised at how smoothly things flowed. The whole experience was simply wonderful and worth more than I can put into words. I really wouldn't have chosen any other assisted living service.

They offer a family oriented surrounding for those who are in need of help. They are like family and friends. There for us always and day to day. They are always there for everyone and make sure they are there to make sure we are and always in safe surrounding to help us all feel safe at all times in their home. They are like family for those who need help. Always and always treats everyone with the most respect at all times. And they will always go the extra mile to help each person always.

It's sometimes hard to find the right thing for your loved ones because you don't want them to get treated bad or get trashed talked while they're spending half of their life on earth. They can skate, they can have lunch in the park, they have a bowling night and they can dance with each other. They can go to the movies and do much much more. It's a lot. It's probably about 2,00 for both of them because they are old just trying to have fun while they can with friends and family and do special things. At least 200,000 because of the way how they are. They want to do a lot so I had to pay that much out of my pockets but it'd not matter cause they always have fun.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunrise Senior Living?

There were lots of different people. It was very nice to be surrounded by all those people in a place so you don't feel alone like you're still walking around the streets downtown. Everything was proofed for people of older age. Everything was safe. Lots of handicap accessible ramps, etc. Lots of wheelchair lifters. A lot of intelligent nurses and cnas. They accepted a variety of insurance. It means a lot leaving home going to an unknown place but still feeling at home there - that feeling is priceless. Home is everything so it's great you can go there and get that feeling.

They took great care of me while I was recovering from surgery and put me through a get exercise and rehabilitation therapy. It was a friendly and homelike atmosphere. They put me into therapy and exercise program with my rehabilitation program while my stay there recovering from surgery. They take great care of their patients. My insurance paid for my stay there. And all my rehabilitation and therapy programs. I was very surprised what all was covered by my insurance. Their services provided there has improved my life greatly. I walk and stand better after all my exercising and therapy with my rehabilitation program.

The options were amazing. There were options for the people who were more independent and then there were rooms that were compatible for those who require more in depth care. I felt that they were prepared for any situation that would come up. They have different activity rooms. There are in suite kitchenettes as well as a cafeteria. There is such a wide variety of activities of all kind. The staff is there day and night which is great and very comforting. They have housekeeping services, laundry services, basically anything to keep the process easier.

They work with great many insurance options. They are straightforward about what insurances they cover and they have a lot of different options about different ways to pay. If you tell them your insurance and they do not cover it then they will offer to help you plan a way to be able to afford the care. They offer move in deals for $100 off move in. They are very affordable. They will work with any budget and try to make it fit for you and your family. You definitely feel like you are getting your money's worth and never feel like you are overpaying.

They have a variety of providers and services for the elderly. They were very professional and helpful. My grandparents need help in their home. They are home bound due to several illnesses. This service is very valuable and helpful for what they needed.

Sunrise Senior Living has allowed my grandmother to remain independent. It's safe. She very much values her independence and Sunrise Senior Living allows her to do just that. Sunrise Senior Living offers a lot of features that other nursing homes do not. They make sure to fit the needs of the person that they are caring for which is the best thing. At Sunrise Senior Living we have never had an issue with insurance. They have always worked with the insurance company to make sure that my grandmother maintains the best care possible. The value is great and the insurance company pays for everything. Even if the insurance company didn't pay the price of admission isn't bad at all compared to other nursing homes.

When they helped my grandmother, they offered her so much. She got to participate in so many activities as well of having her independence. Round the clock care, always there for any needs, or reasons. Various things for people to do and enjoy. My grandmother was always so happy. Accepted our insurances with ease. Even things we had trouble with, they took the time to try and make sure that they stayed in touch with the insurance company to get it approved. Always gave us the best rates and discounts that they could find :). We never had a moments trouble getting them to our financial needs. They were wonderful.

Nice, friendly individuals and they provide a great deal for the elderly and even the visitors and also for the ones volunteering to help, so it was overall a great place. Free food for the volunteered, and they treat you as their own, like a family. They help you find the place and they assist you in everything you do. Insurance offered at the place and they include a good place to stay, so no need to worry about any incidents occurring during your stay. Served you like a family member would. They do as you ask, and in fact they go beyond that. If you ask for something they might bring you something with it to make it better.

A variety of options as far as level of care needed. Daily care, overnight care, 24 hour rotations. Assist in personal and medical needs. Features and services vary to your personal needs, 24 hour rotations, daily care, help with personal needs, bathing, dressing, feeding. Variety of services including medical attention. Good customer service will explain insurance. Good value for the very reliable service, caring and reliable workers, the various options to choose from to meet individual needs. Value for the quality of care, medical, help needs.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Sunrise Senior Living operates in over 300 communities throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Residential options include independent living, assisted living, memory care, respite care and skilled nursing facilities. The company was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in McLean, Va.

• Dining: Sunrise Senior Living communities offer table service dining facilities with menus specifically designed to meet seniors’ nutritional needs. Residents in assisted living receive three meals a day and snacks throughout the day. Those in the independent living communities can choose how many meals they wish to have in the dining room, allowing them to adjust their program and cost to their needs and desires.
  • Pets: Independent living communities allow pets as long as residents can care for their own pets. The assisted living communities are home to community pets—dogs and cats with friendly temperaments adopted from local shelters. Assisted living residents can interact with these animals as much or as little as they wish.
  • Activities: Sunrise Senior Living offers activities to engage seniors mentally, physically and spiritually. They host lecture series and book clubs, fitness classes and nutrition education as well as religious services and yoga and meditation classes.
  • Affordability: Interested consumers can use Sunrise Senior Living’s online affordability calculator to compare their current cost of living to the rent and fees for living in one of the company’s communities. Visitors to the site can also read about amenities included in the rent and fees.
  • Hospice coordination: When necessary, professionals at Sunrise Senior Living can work with hospice providers to coordinate palliative care. They provide support for both residents and their loved ones.
  • Best for Sunrise Senior Living’s facilities serve retirees and seniors with any level of assistive need.

Compare Assisted Living