Find the Best Assisted Living in Aurora, CO
Top 6 Aurora Assisted Living Facilities
A Place for Mom
|Read 6 Reviews|
Assisted living referral service. Paid for by participating communities and free to use. Provides a local advisor, tour scheduling and move-in support. Caregiving and independent living assistance.
|Cherry Creek Retirement Village||Read Author Review|
Offers independent living and assisted living at its facility in Aurora. Provides 24-hour staffing, housekeeping, laundry service, local transportation, a calendar of events and on-site dining service.
|Christian Assisted Living Homes of Colorado||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living at its small facility in Aurora. Allows residents to choose between private and semiprivate rooms in the ranch-style home. Provides housekeeping, laundry and medication management.
|MorningStar at Jordan||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing in Centennial. Provides on-site dining, on-site activities, excursions and community-led courses and clubs. Includes certain therapies for residents.
|Peakview Assisted Living||Read Author Review|
Offers pet-friendly assisted living and memory care at its facility in Centennial. Provides laundry, housekeeping, transportation and maintenance service, as well as a schedule of excursions and on-site activities.
|The Inn at Greenwood Village||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and short-term respite stays at its facility in Greenwood Village. Provides on-site activities such as fitness classes and community events. Includes housekeeping and laundry service for all residents.
What to know about assisted living in Aurora
Older adults and their families have many factors to consider when choosing an assisted living facility in Aurora. Like all assisted living facilities in Colorado, Aurora facilities are regulated and licensed by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
In addition to licensing, consider these factors when deciding whether assisted living in Aurora is right for you or your loved one:
- Aurora weather: Aurora experiences all four seasons, with highs in the 80s in July and lows in the 20s in December and January. Snow lovers love Aurora, which gets an average of 50 to 60 inches of snow each winter.
- Public transit in Aurora: The Regional Transportation District (RTD) provides public transportation by bus and light rail throughout the Denver area, including Aurora. While all RTD vehicles are accessible, there is an additional service, Access-a-Ride, for people with disabilities who cannot use the fixed-route services independently. Riders over age 65 qualify for a reduced fare on regular bus and train service. RTD also operates SeniorRide, a reserved bus service, for groups of 10 or more older adults.
- Colorado taxes: Colorado is relatively tax-friendly for people over age 65. Retirement income from Social Security, public and private pensions and withdrawals from retirement accounts are partially taxed. People over age 65 are allowed to deduct the lesser of $24,000 or the taxable pension or annuity income included in their federal taxable income from their taxable state income.
- Aurora hospitals: There are many reputable health care providers in Aurora, including UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital and The Medical Center of Aurora.
How much does assisted living cost in Aurora?
The cost of assisted living in Aurora ranges from about $2,970 to $4,700 per month, with an average cost of about $4,020 per month. This cost includes housing, meals and personal care. It may also include additional amenities and events.
Many factors influence the assisted living cost, including the types of services and amenities provided. In general, facilities that offer extra amenities or a higher level of care cost more. Sharing a room, if available, can reduce the price.
If cost is a concern, talk to each facility about it. Many facilities have a financial counselor to help you figure out how to manage the price of assisted living. Some facilities offer discounts, while others can point you to financial assistance programs.
Aurora assisted living FAQ
- What are the qualifications for assisted living in Aurora?
- Older adults who need assistance with daily living activities, such as bathing, dressing or doing laundry, or medication management may qualify for assisted living in Aurora. Adults requiring 24-hour nursing care may be better cared for in a nursing home.
- Are assisted living facilities licensed in Colorado?
- Assisted living facilities in Colorado are licensed by the Department of Public Health and Environment.
- Is there financial assistance for assisted living in Colorado?
- Some adults with low income may receive financial assistance for assisted living in Colorado. Those who qualify for Health First Colorado, the state’s Medicaid plan, may qualify for a waiver that covers some of the cost of assisted living.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Aurora assisted living company information
Cherry Creek Retirement Village offers independent living and assisted living. Assisted living includes around-the-clock staffing and security, housekeeping, laundry, social events, restaurant-style meals and transportation. Amenities include a general store, a library, a wellness center, a book club and massage therapy. The parent company, Century Park Associates, has another location in Aurora called Garden Plaza of Aurora.
- Located in: Aurora
- Address: 14555 E. Hampden Ave., Aurora, CO 80014
- Phone: (303) 693-0200
- Website: centurypa.com/senior-living/cherry-creek-retirement
Christian Assisted Living Homes of Colorado is a small facility that can accommodate up to eight adults. It is a ranch-style home with private and semiprivate rooms located in a residential neighborhood. It offers assisted living services. It provides home-cooked meals, housekeeping, laundry, medication management and incontinence care. Call Christian Assisted Living Homes of Colorado to schedule a tour of the facility.
- Located in: Aurora
- Address: 22247 E. Hinsdale Ave., Aurora, CO 80016
- Phone: (720) 477-0472
- Website: christianassistedlivinghomesofcolorado.com
Peakview Assisted Living & Memory Care offers assisted living and memory care services. It provides meals, housekeeping, laundry, transportation and landscaping. Amenities include excursions and classes. Its facilities are pet-friendly. Visit the company’s website to see promotions and fill out a form to schedule a tour. Spectrum Retirement Communities, the parent company, also has assisted living communities in Denver and Parker.
- Located in: Centennial
- Address: 6021 S. Liverpool St., Centennial, CO 80016
- Phone: (720) 699-1845
- Website: spectrumretirement.com
MorningStar at Jordan offers assisted living and memory care. It provides meals, incontinence care, skilled nursing and physical, occupational and speech therapies. Meals are prepared from locally sourced ingredients when possible. Amenities include excursions, gardening, resident-led activities and clubs. This facility’s parent company, MorningStar Senior Living, also offers assisted living communities in Arvada, Littleton, Lone Tree, Parker and Wheat Ridge.
- Located in: Centennial
- Address: 14301 E. Arapahoe Road, Centennial, CO 80112
- Phone: (720) 728-1464
- Website: morningstarseniorliving.com
The Inn at Greenwood Village, an MBK Senior Living community, offers assisted living and short-term respite stays. It provides meals, housekeeping, laundry, transportation, individual emergency alert and response systems and 24-hour staffing. Amenities include community spaces, activities, fitness classes, an on-site barbershop and a salon. This facility is pet-friendly. Visit The Inn at Greenwood Village by calling or emailing to schedule a tour.
- Located in: Greenwood Village
- Address: 5565 S. Yosemite St., Greenwood Village, CO 80111
- Phone: (720) 773-6413
- Website: mbkseniorliving.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.