4.0/5 (201 ratings)

About Lifeline

Lifeline, formerly known as Philips Lifeline, offers medical alert systems and monitoring services. Its equipment can use either a landline or cellular connection, depending on the model you choose. AutoAlert fall detection is also included with some models. However, there are upfront costs for activation and installation, even if you choose to install your system on your own.

Pros

• Waterproof buttons
  • Multiple location technologies
  • Fall detection may be included

Cons

• Upfront costs
  • Cancellation fees

Bottom Line

Lifeline helps people stay independent inside and outside their homes. There is no long-term commitment. However, there are one-time fees for activation and installation in addition to the monthly rate.

Lifeline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?

Original review: April 9, 2022

I wanted the Philips Lifeline alert for protection in case I fall. I’ve had it for a few months and I feel a little more secure.

Lifeline response

Rosemary, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. Please know we are always here for you when, and if you need us. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I was out to eat lunch with the girls, and I had my Lifeline button in my purse, instead of on me. I must have pushed it accidentally and they called my kids. Everybody in the ambulance came out. I wasn’t home. They couldn’t find me. I was in a restaurant that had TVs going, and noise music too. So it could have rang and I didn’t hear it. I didn’t like that the ambulance came out, and I wasn’t home. I would rather not have it. I don't like the cord. It's ugly to wear and it gets dirty.

Lifeline response

Maelene, We apologize for your experience and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If we do not hear a response, we treat this signal as a help needed and follow appropriate protocol so that you know in the event of an emergency you would receive the help that was needed. At this time we only have this style available for the fall detection button. If you are able to you can clean the button and cord with a mild detergent or we are happy to replace the button for you free of charge. Please call us at 1-800-635-6156.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Lifeline does not require a history of my medicines, doctors and personal life. All that Phillips required were some phone numbers. And that's the way I wanted it to be. My bracelet has done what the contract said it would. I'm getting that much value from it. So, I am satisfied with the product. I test it every month to make sure that the connection is there and that somebody answers when I press this button on my wrist, and somebody always does. All I've ever done is test it so I don't have any information on what the emergency might be. But Lifeline will call my family members first before they call 911 and that pleases me. I don't want an ambulance pulling up in my driveway if my children did not order it.

Lifeline response

Ann, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are always here for you when, and if you need us. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: April 6, 2022

The only thing is I don't like wearing the necklace too much, but I know I have to so I do. It's not comfortable. But at least if I fall, I know I have help coming. Lifeline has been good for me.

Lifeline response

Sharon, We appreciate this valuable feedback. We do apologize that the neck cord is not comfortable however, this is the only option for the fall detection feature at this time. If you would like a standard button without this feature, please reach out to our customer service team at 1.800.635.6156. We are happy to hear you are satisfied with our service. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: March 30, 2022

Although we contacted customer service. Still have not received. Had a terrible time trying to get the gentleman to understand that the shipment was short. The 1st one we talked to was unable to even find the order.

Lifeline response

Judith, We are so sorry to hear about this negative experience about not receiving the necklace pendant. I see that you spoke to June on March 1 and I wanted to acknowledge your feedback from Consumer Affairs. I will work to get this equipment expedited out to you. Once I receive a tracking number I will provide this to you.

Original review: March 27, 2022
I placed an order for a Lifeline pendant on November 22nd, 2021. At that time, I received a call telling me it would take 8 weeks. 12 weeks later, I heard nothing from the company, nor had I received the Lifeline pendant. This is after calling customer service twice and being told they were backordered, or that somebody would get back to me. No one ever did. So the third time I called customer service, in March, I told them to cancel the order.
Lifeline response

Bernadine, We are sorry to hear about your negative experience and appreciate you providing this valuable feedback to us. We would like to apologize for the shipping delay you experienced. I know you had requested to have this order canceled and I sincerely apologize about this. We will be sure to follow up internally and coach our representatives appropriately.

Original review: March 27, 2022

Waited 3 months for bracelet monitor; package looked like it had been torn open and retaped; box empty except for instruction manual; customer service says another month at least, not at all happy with company.

Lifeline response

Nancy, We are so sorry to hear about this negative experience about not receiving the actual equipment. I see that you spoke to Alan on March 22 and I wanted to acknowledge your feedback from Consumer Affairs. I will work to get this equipment expedited out to you. Once I receive a tracking number I will provide this to you.

Original review: March 25, 2022

I haven't used my Lifeline. Just for emergency. But right now, it's fine. It is beautiful. I enjoy it.

Lifeline response

Mary, Thank you for your review and providing this valuable feedback. We are here for you if and when you need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: March 24, 2022

I tried testing the device out for this month and their customer service comes right back on. Everything is going alright, so far.

Lifeline response

Marie, Thank you for this valuable feedback. We are happy to hear that the response was quick. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: March 23, 2022

Ever since I’ve got my Lifeline, I’ve been happy. If ever I fall, I push the button. It’s around my neck all the time. It will work if I need it. It makes my family feel much more concerned about me, that I won’t fall. And if I do, I can get help. My family is happy that I have it.

Lifeline response

Camille, Thank you for your review and providing this valuable feedback. We are happy that you are happy with our service and we are always here should you need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I feel more safe with Lifeline. They called me once while I was in bed and I told them everything was okay. They have good customer service.

Lifeline response

David, Thank you for this valuable feedback and happy to hear our service has worked well for you.

Original review: March 21, 2022

Have not received product. It has been over a month since ordering. Cannot get more specific than that. I am not happy about the time it is taking to receive product. Thank you very much for wanting my opinion.

Lifeline response

Susan, We are sorry to hear about your negative experience and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We apologize for this shipping delay. We will work to get this expedited out to you and provide you a tracking number once I receive one.

Original review: March 21, 2022

With my first Philips, they walked me through the setup and it was simple. But with the second device, it has not been well explained. They told me that I had received a paper with instructions, but I did not. I tried to do what I had done with the first one but that did not work. The cord also on the device is uncomfortable. Comparing the two, by far, the first one was better.

Lifeline response

Anne, Thank you for the valuable feedback that you have provided. We are sorry that you are not satisfied with the neck cord for your device. Unfortunately for this equipment this is the only option available if you wear this around your neck. We do offer a leather pouch that can be worn on your waist however if you choose to wear it in the pouch we would need to disable the fall detection feature to minimize any accidental fall alerts. Please reach out to us at 1-800-368-2925 and we will be happy to make these arrangements for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: March 20, 2022

Ordered Lifeline, was told would get in 7 to 10 days. Waited couple weeks, called, was told glitch in mailing out. Wait 7 to 10 more days. Waited couple more weeks. Still nothing. But have received emails about 'my service' and how they're there for me.???

Lifeline response

Carol, We are sorry to hear about your negative experience and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We apologize for this shipping delay. We will work to get this expedited out to you and provide you a tracking number once I receive one.

Original review: March 20, 2022

My experience with Lifeline is beautiful. I'd recommend it.

Lifeline response

Marie, Thank you for providing this feedback and for the kind review. We are glad to hear you are happy with everything. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: March 19, 2022

They didn't ship my device for 3 months. Lied to my insurance company about it. The website has never worked. The pendant is ok, a little big tho. Who knows if there is anyone at the other end? If it were my money I'd sue them.

Lifeline response

Timothy, We are sorry to hear about your negative experience and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to speak to a supervisor to be sure all of your concerns are addressed I can have them reach out to you. I would like to reassure you that our response center is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year to respond to all calls and provide assistance when needed.

Original review: March 19, 2022

My wife's got the most advanced Lifeline system while my system was given to me about three years ago. My wife had a fairly good experience because every time she tested, it worked well. If there is an emergency, it will be very useful especially for my wife. She's got it on the neck and she just has to press the button and Lifeline gets some emergency assistance, which is an excellent service. They have a very good response system. But in my case, I got a device that only works inside the house.

Original review: March 18, 2022

When we received the packet, I could not set it up. We had someone come out and it was something that they needed to tweak in order for the line to be accessible. As soon as they did that, we've been fine. During the process of trying to get everything set up, whenever we would hit the response button just to be checking to make sure everything was okay, we always had the nicest response from the people that were receiving our notice of help. We feel protected with Lifeline. With just my husband and myself living at home, I feel that it would be a great help to me. If I needed to leave home for a few minutes and leave him here, then that would be one way that he could be able to get help right away.

Lifeline response

Carolyn, We are glad to hear that you are happy with our service. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We are here for both you and your husband. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I get quick response from Philips Lifeline whenever I think something has happened. The reps are always pleasant. Sometimes it feels a little bit inconvenient and I was thinking at one point that maybe we needed the wristband.

Original review: March 16, 2022

Philips is a good company. I like the fact that if my husband can't talk, I will get an alert. It prompts it, whether he pushes the button or not if he falls. That's very important to us. We wish it was less expensive monthly, but it's worth the price.

Original review: March 15, 2022

Our daughter tested the device for us, and it works. If a situation arises, it would be good to have it. It's a little overkill, but that's fine.

Original review: March 14, 2022

I'm not happy. To me, any Lifeline that is only good in my condo is worthless. I just am not up to it. I wear it all the time, because I thought, at first, that it was good all over. But then I realized that it wasn't. But I still wear it all the time. It's no good once it's out of my condo. Now, I'm gonna exchange it for one that is good all over.

Lifeline response

Elias, Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback. We are happy to let you know that we do have equipment available to you that can work in and outside of your home. I will have a representative call you to discuss the available options with pricing. Thank you again for providing this feedback.

Original review: March 13, 2022

I have heart problems, AFib. When I go into AFib, there are a lot of times where I either need help to sit down right away or if I fall down. I have the necklace. My son purchased it for me. He felt I really needed it. I would recommend it to a friend.

Lifeline response

Janet, Thank you for this valuable feedback and glad this provides you reassurance. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: March 12, 2022

So far, the Philips Lifeline is good. A couple of times, I set it off by mistake and they called me within a couple of minutes. I dropped it one time. The other time, I was leaning over and I hit it on the cabinet and it went off. Somebody got on the line and started asking if I fell and if I needed help. It's good to have, especially if you have any problems falling or being by yourself a lot, also if you can't get in touch with the family.

Lifeline response

Joyce, Thank you for providing this feedback and for the kind review. We are glad to hear you are happy with everything. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: March 11, 2022

The Philips Lifeline is fine. If I need it, I've got it here. My daughters got it for me.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Lifeline would be good insurance to have because I live alone. It's easy to wear. I don't even know it's there. I haven't needed it, but it's there if I need it.

Lifeline response

Rosemary, We appreciate you providing this feedback and happy to hear that you feel safe wearing it. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I placed a order for a medical alert device on 01/28/2022, on 03/02/2022 I called the company about not receiving the device yet. The service rep I spoke with verified that the device hadn't been shipped yet and couldn't tell me when to expect it. As of 03/08/2022, the device still has not arrived. Very poor practice for a business.

Lifeline response

Dave, We apologize for your negative experience and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately we have experienced a shipping delay for this product. I have already reached out to our warehouse to get this expedited. Your order will be shipped out today and once I receive a FedEx tracking number I will send you another update on private message.

Original review: March 8, 2022

I'm comfortable with my Lifeline.

Original review: March 8, 2022

She's fallen a few times. She wears the Lifeline. One time, it went off and her caretaker was with her. The thing came in and she said there was nothing wrong. She didn't know what might have set it off. But luckily, somebody was nearby enough to be in hearing range. Other than that one time, it's been fine. I was trying to change the direction about where the key would be and I thought that that was an administrative thing so I had to call Lifeline. But I couldn't find the booklet with their number on it.

While I was looking to see if it was on the machine, I accidentally pushed the button for help and they came on the line. I said, "I'm sorry. It's not an emergency." But they changed that information because it was relevant to what the emergency people needed to know. The people I've talked to have been really great. My frustration is, there's an order if the people call in. We also need to get more numbers than that. For instance, when I'm away for a bit. My sister-in-law says, “Remember to switch," so that the call goes to my sister first instead of me.

Lifeline response

Jackie, Thank you for your review and providing this valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear that there was a fall that occurred. We are happy to hear they received the help they needed. If you do need to update the responder order please call us at 1-800-635-6156 and let them know you need to update some information, and we will be happy to do so. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: March 7, 2022

I ordered it back in January 2022. Have called several times asking when it's going to arrive. Received the rudest customer service and now it's March 7th 2022 and I still haven't received the package. Bad.

Lifeline response

Franklin, We apologize for your negative experience and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately we have experienced a shipping delay for this product. I will send you a private message by e-mail and let you know what steps we would like to take.

Lifeline Company Information

Media

VIDEOS & IMAGES
AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009