2. Medical Alert Systems

4.6/5 (314 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About Lifeline

Lifeline, formerly known as Philips Lifeline, offers medical alert systems and monitoring services. Its equipment can use either a landline or cellular connection, depending on the model you choose. AutoAlert fall detection is also included with some models. However, there are upfront costs for activation and installation, even if you choose to install your system on your own.

Pros

• Waterproof buttons
    • Multiple location technologies
    • Fall detection may be included

Cons

• Upfront costs
    • Cancellation fees

Bottom Line

Lifeline helps people stay independent inside and outside their homes. There is no long-term commitment. However, there are one-time fees for activation and installation in addition to the monthly rate.

Lifeline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?

Original review: July 15, 2021

In any emergency, I could push the button, and they'll be able to help me. I feel a little bit more safe. I'm not worried so much because I have the device there. The man who came in here and put the device on was really good. He was a gentleman. He was really nice. The only thing I do not like about the device is that I cannot use it to go outside. If I'd be in the store and something happened to me, I cannot use the button.

Lifeline response

Carmen, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to hear that our service makes you feel safer. We would suggest to reach out to your insurance to see if this is a button that would be covered by them. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 14, 2021

We've had Philips Lifeline for years, and it's kind of like a fixture, but it's not doing any good. We really need to get rid of it. It's more immobilized. I need an outside device with me when I take walks and stuff like that. What good would it do to wear it in the house because it has only one station and it's on a little table that is just sitting beside the plug. That wouldn't do me any good. What if I fell in the basement? It's useless. I just haven't had time to replace it. I have a telephone that I take with me all the time that I could use in an emergency.

Lifeline response

John, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to discuss all available options with you about your button. We suggest to perform a range test to see where the button would work in your home. We want to be sure you are 100% satisfied with our service. Please call us at 1-800-635-6156 and we are always happy to assist. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: July 13, 2021

It’s wonderful knowing that I have my Philips Lifeline device with me in case I fall or something. I could get help. I live by myself. My daughter doesn't live that far from me, but I could get in touch with somebody to help me first, and then call her. I've tested my device and the people from Philips Lifeline came on right away. They’re always really nice.

Lifeline response

Betty, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to hear you have had positive experiences when speaking to our representatives. We are always be here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I'm 88 and I've had Philips Lifeline for a long time. I live by myself and I wanted it for safety purposes. I walk with a cane or a walker and I have two replaced hips and a replaced shoulder and I'm scared I'll fall and be by myself and won't be able to get to a telephone. With my device, I feel like I'm by myself, but I have somebody here and all I got to do is push the button if I fall and somebody will come to me. I've talked to some of my friends and they've gone and got one because I say so. I had an excellent experience with the one that came and talked to me and showed me how to do. If I ever called and I got her voicemail, she always returned my calls to me. She has been very good to me.

Lifeline response

Norma, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are happy to hear about your positive experience with us and glad we were able to assist you when you needed us. We also would like to thank you for being a long time family member with us and we appreciate you recommending our service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 11, 2021

I try to remember to test my Philips device every month, but it comes out to be every second or third month by the time I remember or look at my note. But when I do check it, I write it down and I tell them that I’m just checking. My experiences with any of them had been excellent. They're always very polite and answer immediately.

I leave my device right in my bedroom next to my bed. I don't wear it. I bring it in the bathroom and put it where I can reach it if I have to. I don't walk around or carry it with me at all. I just use it at night. When I'm here, I have a neighbor downstairs who will come up and see what the matter is if she will hear me fall or something.

Lifeline response

Marie, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to hear you have had positive experiences when speaking to our representatives. We are always be here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 10, 2021

I feel more secure since using Philips Lifeline. Also, the agents have been great. If I move the wrong way and if it goes off, they always contact me to see if I'm okay. It's a good thing to have. My sister got it now 'cause I told her to ask her doctor about it.

Lifeline response

Mary, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are happy to hear about your positive experience with us and glad that it makes you feel safe. We also would like to thank you very much for recommending our service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 9, 2021

Sarah has the Lifeline on 24 hours a day. I asked if she's ever tested it and she said no. I mentioned it to her daughter and she said that they haven't done it for quite a while. Overall, having it is an excellent idea.

Lifeline response

Norma, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We do recommend testing the button so that the user of the equipment is comfortable with communicating with us. We appreciate your time, please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I have this bad habit of hitting the device and not knowing how I hit it. But the reps are right back at me when I accidentally hit it and they reset me. I would tell others to get it.

Lifeline response

Carolyn, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We understand that the button can be accidentally pressed in error which is alright. We are just glad you are ok. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: July 8, 2021

I've needed my Philips device for other things and it saved my life because I couldn't breathe. I'm diabetic, so I've gotten down to low as 19. My arms, hands and everything were not working right and if I didn't have my device, I probably wouldn't be here. So, I'm really glad I have it. I wouldn't be without it. As far as Philips' response, it's great. They come back right away when you push the button.

Lifeline response

Terri, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. This must have been a frightening experience and we are very happy to know we were there for you when you needed us. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: July 7, 2021

James fell while I was gone and the reps from Philips Lifeline called me when I was in the carwash. I told them that I would get there as soon as I could and for them to call the neighbor, and they did. So, I always feel like James is not gonna lay there unattended. Everybody's been very helpful. Sometimes, they wanna call 911 for me and I would tell them to give me a chance to try to get James up since he's not hurt but he's on the floor. Philips has always been willing to either stay on the line or let me call them back. James wears the button all the time except in the shower but that’s okay because I have to help him with that. So, I'm standing right there.

I liked Philips Lifeline the most when we still had a hard line for our phone. Unfortunately, that had to go away and they put in underground electricity. For some reason, that knocked out the phone company we have. So, we got a new Philips recently that is over the air instead of hardwired. But if the internet goes out, then Lifeline goes out. Also, James had a better range when we had the other one. He could walk to the mailbox and he would still have a good connection. Now, if he gets out of the garage, he doesn't have a good connection. So, I felt safer before. If he wanted to walk out and get mail while I was gone and fell down, it would be taken care of. I don't feel that way anymore.

Lifeline response

Sharlene, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are happy to know we provided James the help he needed. I do want to let you know the button is waterproof and can be worn in the shower. If you ever have any questions please call us at 1-800-635-6156 and we are always happy to assist. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I'm 86 and I have been falling down. I just pushed the Philips Lifeline button and people came. I got help in a couple of minutes. My medical alert device gives me security and I get help when I need it. So far, so good.

Lifeline response

Dominga, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry that you have been falling down. We are glad we could assist you when you needed us. We are always be here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I talked to a guy a month ago and he told me that the medical alert device that I’ve got is outdated. I may as well throw it away and I need a new one. I haven’t used it for maybe about a year. I tried to get in touch with Philips Lifeline quite a few times and I did. I haven't needed the device but it’s a good idea to have something like that when you get older. I may get another one when I quit running around. The reps seem professional and courteous, and I’ve always been satisfied with Philips.

Lifeline response

Robert, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. If you ever have any questions regarding your account or the equipment please reach out to our customer service department at 1-800-635-6156. We are always happy to answer any questions that you have. We want to be sure that you are 100% satisfied with our service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 6, 2021

My mother-in-law had a radio type Philips medical device before. Now, she has the device that's very small and wears it all the time. So it's not uncomfortable for her. Recently the little red flashing light next to the emergency button on the device on the counter has been flashing. So one time, Philips reset it from wherever they were when I called and then another time, they just said they would send us another one.

Lifeline response

Brian, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. If you ever have any questions about the equipment please call us at 1-800-635-6156 and we are always happy to assist. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: July 5, 2021

Philips Lifeline is a good machine. Alert team is fabulous. They’re right there.

Lifeline response

Louise, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to hear that you are happy with our service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 4, 2021

Philips Lifeline's customer service is pretty good, but they pronounce my name different once in a while. Other than that, I have no problems whatsoever.

Lifeline response

Gary, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your feedback with us. We apologize for the occasional mispronunciation but glad to hear you are happy with our service. We are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Having her Philips Lifeline device, my mother is a lot safer. She knows to push the button if she has a fall or if anything happens. She checks the device every month just to make sure it's working. My mother's fine with everything the way it is.

Lifeline response

Gloria, We are very happy to hear that your mother feels safer with our service. Please know we are always here for her. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I feel more secure now than I did before I got my Philips Lifeline device. It's a lifesaver to protect myself. The reps at Philips tell me to call every so often to check the device. They're always courteous and nice. When I call to check, sometimes it takes them a while before they answer the phone. But when they do, it's always nice. They’re good. I did use the device in an emergency but the help got here before the emergency people did.

Lifeline response

Phyllis, Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our service and glad we could be there when you needed us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I'm very satisfied with my Philips Lifeline. When I run it, they always are right there. The people were always polite. More than five years ago, my husband was having a heart attack and I pressed it. They came and they helped me out because I couldn't do anything for him. I use a wheelchair. That was closer to me than where the phone was too. So, that really helped me out a lot to save his life. They stayed on the line until somebody came too. Because they knew I was upset, they stayed with me the whole time.

I have told many people about the device. It's a great device. It's good for anybody to have, especially if they're alone. It's great because it even works outside. I take my dogs out and if I press it, it goes off and it works even if I'm outside. If you're alone and need help, you can always get it. You can press that button. If you just need for them to call someone so you can get help for whatever is wrong, they're right there for you.

Lifeline response

Dolores, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. This must have been a frightening experience and we are happy to know we provided your husband the help he needed. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: June 30, 2021

My Philips device seems to be working fine. Once in a while, somebody will call and want me to check it. They want me to push the button and see how long before they called to check on me. It usually takes them about 30 seconds. As far as the device, I don't know if anything can be improved about it unless it would be a farther distance. I got a chicken house that's 125 feet from the house. I have to go out there daily to feed and water my chickens. The machine won't work that far away from the house. Other than that, it fits wonderful. I wear it on my neck.

Lifeline response

Kenneth, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are happy to discuss with you other options that we have in regards to a different button. If you are able to reach out to our customer service team at 1-800-635-6156 they will be able to assist you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 29, 2021

We've been using Philips Lifeline for a long time and I'd recommend them. As far as customer service, you can’t beat it.

Lifeline response

Leonard, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are thankful you have been part of our family for a long time and glad you are happy with our customer service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Having my device makes me feel better knowing I can get help if needed. I don’t know it's there. I've also got along wonderfully with the agents. One time I tripped over a chair and fell out on a concrete porch. I cut my head and I was taking medicine and bleeding like the dickens. I went to my neighbors and they helped me. I punched my button and she called everybody.

Lifeline response

Ila, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are sorry to hear you fell but are happy to hear that we were able to provide you with the help that you needed, we are always here for you. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Philips Lifeline is good. We got it because of my mother's health.

Lifeline response

Justine, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we will always be here for your Mother. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 28, 2021

The representatives from Philips are very pleasant. I really don't like the necklace thing around my neck, but it's all right. It doesn't hurt. I wear it anyway. My son thinks it's very nice that I wear it. I had to use it one time. I couldn't reach my son. I wanted to get in touch with him, and that was the only way I could think of to do it. I mashed the thing in, and they came on and somebody in the company called him. I never needed my device very much, but it was very reassuring when I did have it.

Lifeline response

Jane, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad that we were able to be there when you needed us. We are happy to discuss with you other options that we have in regards to a different button. If you are able to reach out to our customer service team at 1-800-635-6156 they will be able to assist you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 27, 2021

I’ve been very happy with Philips Lifeline. I had one problem when I had to call and the service was great.

Original review: June 27, 2021

Both my husband and I got Philips Lifeline devices. I haven’t fallen in here recently, but over the years, I have fallen about three times because I have fractured both ankles, and so I try to keep my device kinda close in case that something goes wrong like that. My husband doesn't wear his necklace though. I told him to put it on but it's hard to get him to. But it's not heavy. It’s very light. At times, the device comes on and it says to put it at another place in the house. After so long a time, it’s the same thing. It says something about the power. It’s not enough power or something and I didn't know what to do because I've tried it all over the house like this. Other than that, I feel like it's a good help.

Lifeline response

Josephine, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. If you ever have any questions about the equipment please call us at 1-800-635-6156 and we are always happy to assist. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: June 26, 2021

The reps call once a month and check the medical alert device. All I have to do is push the button and then, the phone rings and the rep would say that it is to check my alarm system. I would go into my bedroom where the device is and push the button. The rep would say that everything is fine and it’s working normal. It's a fine machine. It's nice to know that it is working in case I ever do need it.

Lifeline response

Eugene, This is very nice to hear this type of review and we are happy that we can be there for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 26, 2021

My Philips Lifeline does provide another layer of security knowing that if something was to occur, I could just push a button. When I have accidentally pushed a button, someone was immediately there on the line, which is really good. When you’re home by yourself, you know that you can reach out to someone, and they can talk with you and get help to you right away. That's the main security that I love about the system. I did have one situation where I did not even touch the button, and I heard someone else's conversation. I don’t know how that happened, and that may be something that they could look into because that was someone else's private matter. I know I didn't hit my button.

I just keep my device near me. I don’t like things on my neck. I don’t even wear jewelry around my neck. So, I just have it with me while I’m at home. When I go to my bedroom, it’s the same where I have it right there near me. The only thing is if you lose power at your home, especially with storms, then that's not going to work. It will be affected if I was to lose power because that's plugged in. Thank God, I’m in an area where there’s not a lot of power shortages. If they can make a product that one can take outside of the home, I'll be glad to be in on the details of it. It would be wonders. What I have is an in-home model. Overall, Philips Lifeline is an awesome service for those of us that’s disabled, and even for the families taking care of someone that's disabled. It provides comfort and peace to the person that's needing it and to the family member that's taking care of the person that needs it. It’s working both ways.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I usually have the medical alert device with me by my bed as well as when I sit next to my chair. I test it every month to make sure it's working okay. You press a button and then, the red light comes on. It tells you that you are being recognized that you're on the line. Then, somebody gets on the line and wants to know if you're okay. And you say that this is just a test. They ask if everything’s okay and I say yes. Philips Lifeline is a good company.

Lifeline response

Julie, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with our service. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 25, 2021

My mother's Philips Lifeline does what it has to do. I make sure that she updates it monthly. She doesn't wear it every day. She does not like it on her wrist. She says it pinches. I also have the wrist one and the neck one. And I guess due to her age, she just doesn't wanna wear that. The agents from Philips Lifeline are absolutely wonderful. Mommy doesn't speak that much English, and they always send me somebody when she updates the device monthly. Somebody on the other line says, “Hi, Luisa. Do you need help?” in Spanish.

Lifeline response

Marla, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to hear that you and your mom are happy with our service. If you ever have any questions about the equipment or need to change anything please call us at 1-800-635-6156 and we are always happy to assist. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: June 24, 2021

The reps were polite, helpful and nice. I got the device from Philips Lifeline where I got a push button, little thing you hang around your neck, and a machine that sits on the counter. I haven’t had to use it but it’s great. When I tested it, I hit the button and told Philips that I hit it. They said there was no problem. I'm doing good with the device and hopefully, I'll be able to use it in the future. If not, at least I know it's there and that'll give me some kind of security.

Lifeline response

Teresa, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are glad to hear this brings you security and please know we are always here for you if you ever need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Lifeline Company Information

Media

VIDEOS & IMAGES
    AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
    iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
     World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009