4.1/5 (265 ratings)

About Lifeline

Lifeline, formerly known as Philips Lifeline, offers medical alert systems and monitoring services. Its equipment can use either a landline or cellular connection, depending on the model you choose. AutoAlert fall detection is also included with some models. However, there are upfront costs for activation and installation, even if you choose to install your system on your own.

Pros

• Waterproof buttons
  • Multiple location technologies
  • Fall detection may be included

Cons

• Upfront costs
  • Cancellation fees

Bottom Line

Lifeline helps people stay independent inside and outside their homes. There is no long-term commitment. However, there are one-time fees for activation and installation in addition to the monthly rate.

Lifeline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

It was ordered on January 12 2022. Has never shown up. We get all these emails from Philips Lifeline wanting to hear from us about how we like their product...so where is it? How about a response? We've spent hours on the phone and it's still a no-show!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

No customer service and company concern that item is being paid for but they have never called or acknowledged their responsibility. How quick will they be to help in needed. Scammers or just do not care.

Lifeline response

Carol Ann, We apologize for your negative experience and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately we have experienced a shipping delay for this product and we will work on getting this shipped out to you as a rush. I will provide you a tracking number once I receive one from the warehouse today or tomorrow.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

With the device, there's a security that if I fall, I can have help. The safeness of having the service stands out. I'm satisfied with Philips.

Lifeline response

Marlyn, Thank you for providing this feedback and for the kind review. We are glad to hear you are happy with everything. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I have my Lifeline on all the time, except when I go to bed. However, I wish it didn't cost so much.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

My experience has been good. I like the security of having the medical alert device here.

Lifeline response

Mildred, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are happy to know our service brings you security. Please know that we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I wear my Lifeline device around my neck. It is a nice thing to have especially if you're by yourself and don't have people around.

Lifeline response

Joseph, This is very nice to hear this type of review and we are happy that we can be there for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I was a Lifeline customer. Used the wristband not the button around the neck. Periodically the velcro on the band wears off and needs a new wristband to replace it. I would call and they send me a new one. Last time I called a rude customer service agent refused to send one. Finally said ok but it turned out that she didn't. I called again and they apologized and said they would send it. Never got it. Called again. Weeks went by. Couldn't use the service. Asked for a supervisor. None called me back. Cancelled the service and went to ADT. Happy with them. After I cancelled they sent a new wristband. I sent everything back and continue with ADT, which was $20 per month cheaper for the same service.

Lifeline response

Laura, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Lifeline Experience. This is not the customer service that we strive for. We are very sorry for the frustration you went through while trying to order this replacement item. We will be sure that the appropriate representatives are coached appropriately so that this does not happen again.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I've bumped my device a time or two and the reps are really nice when I do that. They call and they want to know if I need help. The device gives me the confidence to walk around. I know somebody's looking out for me.

Lifeline response

Clemmie, Thank you for your kind review and for sharing your experience with us, this is great feedback. We are very happy to know this is working out for you and you are happy with our service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

I tested the button a little while back and it was okay. I'm happy that I have it. I'm very satisfied at this point.

Lifeline response

Catherine, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with your service. Please know that we are always here to help you when and if you ever need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

I've used the device when I fell and couldn't get up. Somebody came on the line and said they would be right with us. It was a few seconds before a person came on and then they asked what the problem was, and if I needed an ambulance. I told them, "No," and that I wanted my children called. In the summertime, I like to be outdoors and I wish the device was available when I'm out and away.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I love the device and I'm pleased with it so far. My children are not in town and they can be called quickly. Also, there are five people in our neighborhood that they know to call if they can’t get to me. The only thing is I wear it all the time except in the shower and the Velcro is spent real quick. But they do what they're supposed to do. There was a false alarm one time when I was in the shower and the police came. Security-wise, it’s great if they check like that because it could be that I had gotten hurt.

Lifeline response

Barbara, Thank you for your valuable feedback. If you would like to discuss any of these concerns please call our customer service department at 1-800-635-6156 we are happy to speak to you. Our goal is to answer all calls as fast as possible. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I have used Lifeline a couple of times when I fell and they called 911 to come and help me. But the button itself is too sensitive and when I have to press it, I have to do it very hard. Sometimes, I take it off and put it down a little hard on the bureau and before I know it, they're calling me and asking if anything was wrong. A couple of times, it happened when I was in the shower and 911 arrived. Other than that, it's a very good service overall. I just have to be very careful with the button.

Lifeline response

Marie, Thank you for your valuable feedback. If you would like to discuss your concern please call our customer service department at 1-800-635-6156 we are happy to speak to you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

The customer support calls me every now and then and says, "You haven't checked in for a while. You need to check in." The only bad thing is that the lanyards in the new ones are very unsatisfactory. It comes apart too easily. I've talked to them about it. They were attentive to my comment and said that I could use my own lanyard, and so that's what I'm doing right now. Nonetheless, I'm satisfied with my Lifeline.

Lifeline response

Lynn, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We DO NOT suggest to use any other lanyard other than the breakaway cord supplied with the button that you wear. This is for your safety that it will break away. I will have a representative reach out to you to discuss this and we are happy to have a replacement sent to you to see if it’s any better. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

Everything is fine with my Philips Lifeline. Except for they have had to call me a couple of times, that one time it was stuck underneath my boob. But it's been fine.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Philips Lifeline works properly. I just got sent a new one. The rep connected it and it’s working perfectly fine. It’s really good to have because it really helps. They call sometimes if it accidentally goes off and asks, “Do you need help?” So that's the perfect thing.

Lifeline response

Joan, thank you for your kind review and happy to hear that everything is working out.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

I'm very happy to have Lifeline. I fall down a lot and I have Parkinson's. I fell last night, then I fell again this morning, and I used them as I couldn't get up myself. They're much better than the one I had before.

Lifeline response

Bonita, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you have fallen. Please know we are here for you when you need us. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I wear my Philips Lifeline all the time wherever I go. Yesterday I bumped into it and they said, “Valerie, are you okay?” I said, “No, I hit it accidentally.” But I know it works.

Lifeline response

Valerie, thank you for your kind review and happy to hear that everything worked out okay. We are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

The only time I use my device is when I have to report in on a date, such as my birthday, to see that the system is running properly. They come right away.

Lifeline response

Joan, thank you for your kind review and happy to hear that your service works well for you. We appreciate this valuable feedback. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I'm glad I got the Philips Lifeline because I fell last June and broke my nose an fractured my neck. I was bleeding and I lost a couple of pints. But I was able to grab the device and they were pretty quick. My daughter was here in 15 minutes.

Lifeline response

Joan, We are sorry that you fell last June and hope that everything is okay. We appreciate you providing your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear you are happy with our service. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I wear my Philips around the neck. Working with their team has been really good.

Lifeline response

Nora, This is very nice to hear this type of review and we are happy that we can be there for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

I wish to register a complaint about the Lifeline benefit provided as a part of my Medicare Advantage program. I signed up for the benefit in January 2021 and used the device provided until December 20, 2021 when I cancelled the service. They mailed me a box in which to return the device, along with a sheet of instructions for doing so. On January 9, 2022 I boxed up the device according to their instructions, put it in my car to take to FedEx the next day, and went for a walk. When I returned about 30 minutes later I found that our local police/EMT’s had broken out two of the doors to my house. The device had gone off, and when Lifeline was unable to contact me they contacted our local police and EMT’s. Lifeline is responsible for the damage done to my house and should pay for the cost of repairs.

Three facts are relevant: (1) On January 9 I was not even a Lifeline customer. I had cancelled the service the previous month, and they shouldn’t have been monitoring the device. (2) Instructions for returning the device were provided, and nowhere in those instructions is anything about turning the device off. I don’t even know how to turn it off. (3) Lifeline failed to notify the emergency responders of the location of a hidden key to my house that would have been easily available to them. That location was a part of my Care Plan that they earlier confirmed with me.

I have called Lifeline at 855-596-7612 every day since January 10. On Monday I was told the Claims Department would call me back within 24 hours. On Tuesday I was told there was no Claims Department, but a supervisor would call me back within 24 hours. On Wednesday I was told that my case had been elevated to management, and they would call me back in 24 to 48 hours. On Thursday I was told that a supervisor was unable (unwilling) to talk to me but the agent would request that I get a call-back within 48 hours. Now, a full week after my original request, nobody has called me back. Lifeline’s customer service is deplorable.

Lifeline response

Roger, Thank you for providing your feedback along with your account information. We are sorry to hear about your experience and I will send you a private message with an additional update.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I was ordering this service for my Father. I received an email from AARP about a deal we could get as AARP members on Lifeline services. I called and explained what was going on with my Dad. I was told I could order the pendant with "fall detection" for slightly more than the normal rate. I ordered the service. I was informed that we would have the device within 4 days. I ordered on December 1. I called again on the 9th when we still hadn't received anything. I was then informed that they didn't know when I would receive my order as all their devices are "refurbished" and they couldn't get the necessary parts.

I asked when the issue started and I was told a few days ago. So I then asked if it was going on since the beginning of the month. I was told since the beginning of that week. I then asked why my order didn't ship when I ordered it. It was then she said yes issue since the beginning of the month. I have since cancelled my order since they have no clue when I would actually get the equipment and they don't tell you up front they are refurbished.

Lifeline response

Jennie, We are sorry to hear about your negative experience and appreciate you providing this valuable feedback to us. We are able to verify this account with the information provided from your review. We have already taken the necessary steps to get this equipment shipped out as a priority. Once we get the tracking number this will be shipped via FedEx and I will send you a private message with the tracking information. I also want to reassure you that the necessary steps will be taken with the representatives that you spoke to and ensure they are coached appropriately. I will keep you updated as soon as I can get the tracking number.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

Without a doubt the worst experience in my life dealing with a company. 45 plus minutes hold time every time I called. Took them 5 weeks to get the product to the gravely ill friend I bought it for. Told me flat out lies about the order status. Got a different story from each rep I called. I called them 5 or 6 times over a 5 week period. Each time I was assured my order was being given "preferred status". I was promised call backs I never received. Horrible company!

Lifeline response

Mr. James, We are sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate you providing this valuable feedback to us. We will be sure to coach the representative accordingly that processed the order. We have experienced some shipping delays unfortunately as well. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. If you need anything further or still need to speak to a supervisor for any reason please reply back and we can have the appropriate supervisor call you to discuss this.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2021

Where is my equipment??!! I have been waiting almost two months and Every time I call I am told that there are Shipping delays. Someone on the phone should have more specific information than the same old response.

Lifeline response

We are able to verify your account and will work on getting this equipment expedited out to you. Once we get the tracking number I will send you a private message with it that will be shipped via FedEx. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Been on order over 2 months. I have called 3xs. It's sitting somewhere with no tracking code. I don't like being without one. I hate I am not kept up to date. Afraid to step out or take shower. I have fallen once.

Lifeline response

Stephanie, We are sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate you providing this valuable feedback to us. I will send you a private message with what are going to do to get this resolved for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I am paying this invoice under protest. It’s bad enough losing my husband but to be harassed by you is over the top. I think you prey on people at their lowest moment hoping they will just pay to make it go away. First, I call and tell you Joel passed away in June 2021 and to cancel the service- THEN you still take the payment out of his account. THEN I call and you send me back the payment. THEN you send me another notice that payment is due. I call again and I’m told disregard the notice. Which I did. THEN you send me another bill. I call again and was told if there’s a problem, someone would call me. Which no one did. THEN I get a final notice bill. I’m going to pay it because I’m tired of dealing with it which I’m sure was your strategy all along.

Lifeline response

Linda, We are sorry for your loss of your husband. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we can get this addressed and corrected right away for you. This was not our intent at all and should not have happened in the first place. I will be sure to work with our billing department to find out what happened. Anything that was paid for after the termination will be reimbursed to you and you will not be responsible for. We appreciate you providing your e-mail. I will e-mail you with additional steps we will take.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I’ll give them a zero rating. That’s how bad they are getting their product and they don’t tell me at first there’s a hole because are such a high demand for this necklace the Philips lifeline necklace. If you have a emergency to push the button I would highly recommend someone else. It’s been seven weeks and I am not got mine. They just told me yesterday oh I should have it another 10 business day. I should’ve told me this at the beginning and no one did. It’s pathetic. The company is pathetic.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I have had Lifeline for over 8 years and haven't had any issues. But I turned 65 in May 2021 and was notified in October that my Lifeline service would end in January 2022. I am not sure why this is happening, but it is.

Lifeline response

Linda, Thank you for being part of our family for over 8 years. We would suggest to reach out to your insurance company in regards to what your covered benefit includes, it's possible that something is changing and the reason they were notifying you. We will have a representative reach out to you to discuss this further to try and help you. If there is a change in your benefit we would work with you to see if we could find another discount program you may be eligible for.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I've had it Lifeline for a lot of years. I wear it around my neck and at night, I pin the string to my pajama top to keep it from going from side to side. In the daytime, I don't pin it to my clothes, but I keep the Lifeline underneath the top that I'm wearing. Then it doesn't bounce around so much. If you lean over anything, it hangs down as long as it is and the string does get so that it loses where you push it. It's longer than where you have set it as it gets older. You have to push it back once in a while. When I've needed it, I have pushed it. Lifeline has called in to see if I needed help and I've been able to tell them that I was fine. I appreciate them checking in because it could very easily be that I was down, couldn't say anything and get up. Lifeline has been wonderful and I'm very satisfied with it. I've told anybody who's asked me about it to get Philips Lifeline.

Lifeline response

Lenora, We appreciate you sharing your valuable feedback and happy to hear about your positive experience with us. We appreciate you recommending our service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

We've had Philips Lifeline for years for my mother-in-law. We were updating trying to get an online account to work. It had never been set up. They kept wanting to send a code to sign up to her home phone, which wouldn't work. But, we got it straightened out. The device is helpful and reassuring that she's got it when we're not at home. She has used it in the past when she was living on her own. An ambulance came and helped her. Their team has been fine and everything's been good. We appreciate it.

Lifeline response

Mary, Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback. We are glad to hear that you were able to get the online account set up. We are happy to hear your mother-in-law received the help she needed. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Lifeline Company Information

Media

VIDEOS & IMAGES
AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009