2. Medical Alert Systems

4.6/5 (314 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About Lifeline

Lifeline, formerly known as Philips Lifeline, offers medical alert systems and monitoring services. Its equipment can use either a landline or cellular connection, depending on the model you choose. AutoAlert fall detection is also included with some models. However, there are upfront costs for activation and installation, even if you choose to install your system on your own.

Pros

• Waterproof buttons
    • Multiple location technologies
    • Fall detection may be included

Cons

• Upfront costs
    • Cancellation fees

Bottom Line

Lifeline helps people stay independent inside and outside their homes. There is no long-term commitment. However, there are one-time fees for activation and installation in addition to the monthly rate.

Lifeline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Our experience with Philips Lifeline has been great. My mother goes nowhere without it. She has set it off a few times and they have immediately called her back. It just makes you feel safe. They were pleasant too when they called.

Lifeline response

Tonya, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are glad to know that you and your mother feel safe with our service. Please know we are always here for you both when you need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I'm happy with my Philips Lifeline. A couple of times I messed up when I bumped into something and hit it and they called me right away. I told them that I'm fine, that I just happened to hit it. One time, my daughter called the emergency and the ambulance got here. They had a hard time getting me out of the house. But other than that, it was all right. I'm very satisfied.

Lifeline response

Joan, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us and happy with our service. We understand that the button can be pressed in error and it's ok. I'm glad to hear our response team is responding appropriately and glad you are ok. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

They have a good product and they were fine anytime I've had to call. I had to get a new button a couple of years ago and they helped me install it.

Lifeline response

Barbara, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we are happy to hear you are satisfied with our service. Please know we will always be here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

The device works out fine. My kids let me live alone because I have it. Also, I appreciate it because the other device was costing me $70 a month. I found out I could get Philips Lifeline through my insurance, so I'm very happy. When I cut my leg and it was bleeding real bad, I had to call the EMS. The people at Philips were very kind and efficient.

Lifeline response

Rosemary, Thank you for your review and providing this valuable feedback. We are happy to hear we were there for you when you needed us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

They are friendly and helpful.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Philips Lifeline combined the devices for me and my wife to one instead of two. But every time you hit the button, when they come on, it's just for me. They just ask me if I'm all right and don’t even mention her. But they're the ones that did it with two buttons but one machine. Also, none of my buttons are working again and I can't test my equipment unless I hit the button on top. If I push the panic button on top, they're gonna answer. If I'm in another room or something, that doesn't do me any good. Other than that, Philips is the best. I've had them for over a year now and I've had no problems with it.

Lifeline response

Stephen, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that your buttons are not working. I'm going to send an e-mail to the supervisor of the department that troubleshoots the equipment to ensure that a representative calls you back to correct this. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Philips Lifeline is nice to have. I’ve had it quite a while now. Their team is okay. Everything’s been just really nice as far as I'm concerned.

Lifeline response

Berma, We are glad to hear that you feel secure with our service. We are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I use my medical alert device every day because I do walk with a cane and my kids are afraid I'll fall and I can't get up. When my caregiver's here, sometimes I just take it off and lay it aside. But I wouldn't go without it. I feel very secure with it. If an old person is living alone, they need something like Philips Lifeline.

Lifeline response

Shirley, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very happy to hear that you feel secure and happy with our service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

It fits wonderful and it's a good gadget to have. I thank God for having Philips Lifeline.

Lifeline response

Dianne, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to hear that you are happy with our service and are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I fell twice and got no response. Both of them were nasty falls and nothing happened with my device. I was next door when I fell and I was told that was why I didn’t get a response. The other time that I fell, they said it was the way I fell. I didn’t find that satisfactory. Also, having to tuck the device around my neck is sort of inconvenient but I always wear it.

Lifeline response

Jane, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you fell and can understand your concern. We can discuss this with you if you are able to call us at 1-800-635-6156. We want to be sure that you are completely satisfied and happy to explain everything to you as well as answer any questions you may have. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

They're very good about answering the call. I have little grandkids and they love to play with my button. I say, “Don't touch it.” and they say, “Why?” But then when I'm not paying attention, they push it.

Lifeline response

Deborah, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are happy to hear about your positive experience with us. Please know we are always here for you when you need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I've fallen here in the house and Lifeline kicked on and it was fine. They got ahold of people. There were five people up here. By the time they got the ambulance, they already got here. My experience has been pretty good.

Lifeline response

Roberta, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with our service and were there for you when you needed us. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

My daughter got Philips Lifeline for my husband. I did use it for him several times and it worked very well. I just pushed it and Philips Lifeline answered right away. They called my daughter and son and the ambulance. When my husband passed away, I told my daughter, “What do I do with this now?” She said, “You put it around your neck and you wear it, and I'll change it over to your name.” I’m 87 years old so it's a good thing. I'm very comfortable wearing it and I never take it off. I don't even take it off in the shower. It's part of what I wear every day and night and it's been working fine. I haven't had to use it but I call in and make sure it's working every month. I feel very good about it because I do a lot of yard work and even though I'm away from the phone, I still feel that if I had an emergency and I fell, I could still get help. I'm very happy with the service.

Lifeline response

Willodene, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are sorry for your loss. Please know we are here for you when you need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I appreciate when Philips Lifeline calls and check. They don't have to. But they call me once a month and see if I'm all right. I'm very satisfied with it.

Lifeline response

Dorothy, Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our service. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

I don't like Philips Lifeline because it's only good for in your house. You can't take it with you. Also, I wouldn't recommend it because it doesn't work anywhere in the house.

Lifeline response

Almeda, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We do offer a GPS button that can be used outside of your home and will be happy to discuss this with you. If you are able to reach out to our customer service team at 1-800-635-6156 they will be able to discuss with you and also help you with your existing service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

The reps were very cordial. I've had a couple that I didn't quite understand, who don’t talk very good English. But I have fallen a couple of times and help came right away. My device is working all right.

Lifeline response

Edith, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that we were able to assist you when you needed us. Please know we are always here for you when you need us. Please be well, safe and take care

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I had become very handicapped, and I have a caregiver. But to have a button to go around my neck for wherever I go has proven to be very helpful. I've had Philips Lifeline for years, and never had any trouble with it at all. And then, we moved and got the other device put in. And by that time, there was GPS associated with it, which delighted me. And then, everything went crazy administratively because we get these phone calls from Philips Lifeline that became harassing. And they would call and tell us to unplug things. There was no way I could unplug it. I was totally handicapped at the time. My caregiver wasn't available every single second. And then, they would notify all of our contacts, and then they would come over. It would disrupt us for two days to get it straightened out. And then, everything would go on.

Everything was perfect until a couple of years ago when they changed the system and we started getting these annoying phone calls. For example, one night, the police came out here at 2 o'clock in the morning, shining red lights into the windows and everything. And we said, “Oh, it's our lifeline system again.” And then, they came back again, two hours later. They didn't know what to do. It has been a major harassment to our neighborhood. And it was always on a Saturday morning that they call and tell us, “We're receiving something that the thing isn't plugged in.” And it was plugged in. I'm secure if it works. But when I get these calls from them, telling me that it's not working, and it's working, something wrong, that doesn't make me very secure. But they've sent us a new unit now which we're going to try.

Lifeline response

Marilynn, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad that you enjoy or GPS enabled device. We are sorry that you received these phone calls asking you to unplug the equipment. We have a department that monitors the equipment for various maintenance signals and they should have handled that better, we apologize for this. If at any time you are unable or do not feel safe doing what is asked please let them know and you can call us back when it's convenient for you. If you have any questions about the equipment we can be reached at 1-800-635-6156 and will be happy to assist you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I feel very safe having Lifeline because I live alone. It's quite a thing to have. I’m satisfied.

Lifeline response

Patricia, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with our service. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

One time, the device quit working and it took a long time to get a new one. I was without a Lifeline for quite a while. We kept calling them and they said it would be here, it’ll be here but we waited way too long. But they sent it to me and I got it, so that’s fine.

Lifeline response

Beverly, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are sorry to hear the equipment was not working and about your delay in getting a replacement. We are glad you now have your button. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I was planting flowers, then I stood up and didn't have anything to hang on to so I fell and injured my knee. I used the device and before I even got back in the house, I saw an ambulance coming down the street and they stopped at my house.

Lifeline response

Jean, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are sorry to hear about your injury but happy to hear we could be there for you when you needed us. We are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I had emergency situation at my house and I had to get in contact with my kids. Instead of me having do that, I pushed the button and Philips got in contact with my kids. At the same time, they had an ambulance come to me. They were fast. Every time I needed to push the button or when I pushed the button to test it, they contacted me fast.

Lifeline response

Victoria, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear we could assist you when you needed us. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

The quality of the device was all right and I had it for about two years. But we got one of these Alexa devices and from anywhere I can dial 911. So I didn't need the Philips device anymore.

Lifeline response

Dennis, Thank you for your review and sharing your feedback with us. We are glad you were satisfied with our service when you needed us. We are happy to know that you have something that works well for you now. If we can assist you in the future please know that we are here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I did testing with customer service and they were real good about explaining everything. The quality seemed good. I was very satisfied. It was fine while I had it, but I needed something with more range than what it had so I changed. I needed something that if I fell, I could talk to them right there, wherever I was.

Lifeline response

Martha, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback with us. Please know that we are always here to help you when and if you ever need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 30, 2021

When one of the wheelchairs cut one of my veins, I pressed the little light on the device and the fire department came and took me to the hospital. It saved my life. I take it everywhere I go. Everything’s all right.

Lifeline response

George, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad that we were able to get you the help that was needed. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Having my Philips Lifeline is like hanging a fixture on the wall. It looks pretty for the first couple of days and then you don't even know it's there. I've used it once in the past five years that I've had it. I pushed the button when I had what I thought was a heart attack. Philips sent the paramedics and the fire department came. They took me to the hospital.

Lifeline response

Robert, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad that we were able to be there when you needed us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 21, 2021

The customer service team was very prompt and got here soon and I didn't have any problems. The very nice young men helped me get up and they took me to the hospital. Thank goodness, I haven't had to use the alert lately. Overall, Philips Lifeline was handy and came as soon as I pushed the button. I would recommend them.

Lifeline response

Florence , Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are happy to hear about your positive experience with us. We also would like to thank you very much for recommending our service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 20, 2021

I got this device and I loved it. If I even hit my device, they answer it. One time, I bumped it when I was in the shower and I didn't hear, they sent an alert out. The police came about to tear my door down. They have been wonderful and fantastic.

Lifeline response

Kathryn, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We understand that people sometimes press the button in error. I'm glad to hear they are responding appropriately and glad you are ok. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I feel more secure having my Philips Lifeline device. I’m bad about falling and every time this happened, they would call me back and ask me if I needed help.

Lifeline response

Joe, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to hear that you feel secure with our service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 18, 2021

They're always very pleasant. The device works. The only thing is that it's easily set off. I wear the necklace, and it gets set off a lot more than it needs to by accident. But I have called them a couple of times for emergencies. Mostly my family members come out and the ambulance has come out a couple of times too. Lifeline is quick to respond and their people are really good. But sometimes, it takes a while for the phone call to go through. This might be because of my area. If I would live more in the city instead of the country, it would go through faster. Also, the device always blinks like the signal is lost.

Lifeline response

Sabrina, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to hear you are happy with our service. Our equipment will flash for a few reasons: No dial tone/signal, phone line is in use or no power detected. If you ever have any questions about the equipment please call us at 800-852-5433 and we are always happy to assist. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Their reps were good when my device went off. It was a fine experience.

Lifeline response

Caroline, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to hear we could assist you when you needed us. We are always be here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Lifeline Company Information

Media

VIDEOS & IMAGES
    AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
    iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
     World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009