4.1/5 (193 ratings)

About Lifeline

Lifeline, formerly known as Philips Lifeline, offers medical alert systems and monitoring services. Its equipment can use either a landline or cellular connection, depending on the model you choose. AutoAlert fall detection is also included with some models. However, there are upfront costs for activation and installation, even if you choose to install your system on your own.

Pros

• Waterproof buttons
  • Multiple location technologies
  • Fall detection may be included

Cons

• Upfront costs
  • Cancellation fees

Bottom Line

Lifeline helps people stay independent inside and outside their homes. There is no long-term commitment. However, there are one-time fees for activation and installation in addition to the monthly rate.

Lifeline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

The product order was entered July 5 2022 and has never been received to date as of August 15 2022. No communication has ever been received re status of the order ship date. It seems their customer service organization never follows up on shipping status and the company obviously does not have measurements advising management of their poor delivery performance. We are on the verge of cancelling the order since we are concerned that this lackadaisical management culture spills over into their response network.

Lifeline response

Robert, I'm sorry to hear that you have not received your equipment. I have reached out to the customer service team to have a supervisor call and speak with you regarding your order.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

Lifeline is a great thing to have. It's another safety thing when you're old. I've had one for years and I just pay my bill and I have no problems. One time, I was in the hospital and a friend found out that there had been a message that I guess I had to have a new set of batteries or be recharged and Lifeline sent another one. The device makes me more comfortable and secure.

Lifeline response

Janet, Thank you for providing your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear you are happy with our service. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I ordered a Lifeline package on 5/23/2022 for my elderly mother; it is August and I have still not received! Customer service can see the order but can't tell me why it hasn't been shipped. They don't seem to have a record of my previous inquiries. I requested a supervisor follow up but no one called.

Lifeline response

Elizabeth, I am sorry for the delay you have experienced in getting your mother equipment. I have sent your escalation to a supervisor. Someone should be in touch with you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Seems like a good idea at first and worked well at first. A few months in and system failed. Said they would send her a replacement on 5/3. It is now 8/3 and they said they are working on it. My mom has fallen twice. They said they have warehouse issues. They are unreliable at best.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I wear it all the time. It’s comfortable.

Lifeline response

Marjorie, Thank you for providing your valuable feedback. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

The device seems to be running and working okay. My husband tested it when we first got it, and the response was almost right away. It was within two minutes.

Lifeline response

Stacie, Thank you for providing your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear you and your husband are happy with our service. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

The device works pretty well. It has a little too frequent of a call that says, "You have to reset." But it happens once a month and every few weeks. You have to push the button so that they can reset it. When Claire says that she needs the reps to talk louder, they do. So that's as good as it's gonna get.

Lifeline response

Hello, Thank you for your feedback, I will have someone on our customer service team to reach out and possibly get the button volume turned up a bit and to see if they can troubleshoot her unit so she won't have the frequent button resets.

Original review: July 31, 2022

Lifeline is a good thing. I've had no problems with it and I just do my routine check. I have not had an emergency but my uncle and aunt did, and that’s what convinced me.

Lifeline response

Shirley, Thank you for providing your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear you are happy with our service. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 30, 2022

I wear the device all the time, except when I take a shower. I know I can take a shower with it on, but I don’t like for it to get wet. I'm well-satisfied with it and I feel that I'm safer wearing it. I’ve fallen one time since I’ve been wearing it and it was very shortly till a couple of men were here from Lifeline. They got word somehow after I had fallen that I needed help. But I was already up off the ground. I was next to a fig tree and it was very small, and I scooted over to it and got up.

Lifeline response

Fern, Thank you for providing your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear you are happy with our service. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 29, 2022

At 6:30 in the morning on Saturday, I rolled over in bed and set off the alarm. The alarm came on and said that someone would be with me shortly. No one came to answer so I called Lifeline. They repeated when their hours are and they said their hours on Saturday are from 10:00 to 5:00. I called after 10:00 and I still didn't get to talk to anyone. They just kept repeating these hours. Also, about every hour, I would get the ring there saying that, “We got your alarm and someone will be with you shortly.” But no one was there. This went till about 2:00 in the afternoon and that was when it stopped. I reset it and I said thank you.

I’ve had Lifeline for many years and didn't have any problems. But for some reason, their system must have gone down. So, they must have been working on fixing this problem. But no one called and told me what the problem was. The woman called later in the afternoon and asked me to do the same thing I had done before to reset it. But it was operational then. So, there was not a service there in quite a while and soon, there was a whole service. If somebody would have been in bad shape, they would have been in trouble.

Lifeline response

Raymond, Thank you for reaching out and telling us about your experience. I will have someone from customer service reach out and have them retest your button to make sure everything is working properly.

Original review: July 28, 2022

My daughter got me a Philips Lifeline. The device is fine. I used it once. I had a fall and I couldn't get up. I rang the button and the emergency men came. But the person that answered the call was not efficient and was not fast enough. In fact, it almost put me on hold. I also don’t like that I can’t use it outside the home.

Lifeline response

Mary, I am sorry that this was your experienced when you pressed your button. I am escalating your situation and I will have a supervisor from the customer service department reach out to you regarding this incident.

Original review: July 17, 2022

In the beginning, I had a necklace and I found it very uncomfortable. So, I went to the wristband. I still find it a little awkward but it's been working okay. I've had a couple false calls with the Lifeline device where I accidentally hit the button. A couple years ago, I was getting ready to leave town and I must have hit it when I was putting something into the trunk of my car. So, I did not respond to the message. And since they couldn't get a message from me, they called a family member who called me asking if I was okay, which I was. There was another time I accidentally hit the button but I was near the receiver so I could answer the message.

Lifeline response

Amy, Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 13, 2022

The device is not pleasant to wear, but I know I need it. I wear it around my neck and I can't adjust the little beads very well. But when I accidentally set it off, their team reached out and I thanked them for it.

Original review: July 9, 2022

I’m gonna be 100 years old next month and I’ve had Lifeline for about five years to please my children. I’ve hated every minute of it because I don't like having to wear it. But I wear it just in case I have a problem. The device is not heavy. It’s just having something around my neck that I don't necessarily want. If I'm going to wear it, I need to wear it all the time and I do. I have a friend or at least someone who helps me who helps an older man, and she laughs because he takes it off every time he goes and gets in the tub in the shower. And it's been my understanding that that's the place where most people have accident. It seems foolish to take it off at that time.

Sometimes, I have taken the device off and soaked it and cleaned it good. But I feel like every time I shower, it gets washed. Sometimes, it flops around at night. My concern is that I’m gonna accidentally punch it and cause a problem, but I never have. So, it’s very safe as far as that’s concerned. You’d want to use it in order to have it contact. Even though I don’t like the idea of having to wear something and I find it irritating, Lifeline is a very good product.

Lifeline response

Mildred, First off, Happy Birthday and thank you for providing your feedback. I also would like you to know that we do have other options besides the button around your neck. If you would like to discuss alternatives besides the necklace please reach out to our customer service dept. The phone number is 1-800-635-6156, they would be happy to assist you in going over alternatives for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 8, 2022

The device works fine. When I need help, the ambulance service comes pretty quickly.

Lifeline response

Jeanette, Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are happy to hear you received the help you needed. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 7, 2022

The reps are excellent. I called to check in and they're good. The device doesn't bother me at all. I feel safer with it on.

Lifeline response

Viola, Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 6, 2022

When I used the device, it went fine. I haven’t had any problems with it.

Original review: July 5, 2022

One time, my cat stepped on the button, and a couple of times, it goes off by accident. The Lifeline team was pretty quick to respond. I feel pretty good about my safety but I'm not sure about the range of the device. If I'm out somewhere, I don't know what happens. Also, I could use a new cord around the neck for the device as the cord is getting awfully dirty. The string around the neck is stretched out and it's kind of a little too long. It hangs way down, almost my belly button. So, I really need a shorter cord around the neck ‘cause it’d be more comfortable.

Lifeline response

Linda, Thank you for the valuable feedback that you have provided. We are sorry that you are not satisfied with the neck cord for your device. Please reach out to us at 1-800-368-2925 and we will be happy to to get you a new neck cord sent to you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 4, 2022

I used Lifeline a couple of times and they sent help. It was perfect. One time, I hit the button by accident. When they called me and I tried to talk to them and tell them it was an accident, they couldn't hear me. Then everybody rolled up in the yard and I had to send them away because I wasn’t hurt. But they sent me the whole set over again because mine was faulty and it wasn't transmitting my message to the call center. The customer service reps were awesome, polite, kind and understanding.

Lifeline response

Jane, Thank you for this valuable feedback and happy to hear our service has worked well for you. I am happy to hear our customer service representative were able to resolve your issues quickly with getting you a new button. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 3, 2022

I had a stroke recently and I used to go for a walk and I wanted to have something if things go wrong. The Lifeline device is helpful. I may not have it every second on, but it was a good safety device. Wearing it gives me the sense of well-being. It's very sensitive for falls. If you're just picking it up and you drop it ever so little, it will register a fall and call the emergency thing. In other years, I've had it for quite a while and I have gone in by ambulance a couple of times. The response time was excellent. They were very fast.

Lifeline response

Robert, Thank you for your review and we are happy to hear that you feel safer with our service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 2, 2022

I've had Lifeline for years. It is necessary. If I fall, there's somebody that can call my brother. I fell many times. But this one time, I was in the bathroom and I was far enough away from the sink or far enough away from anything I could grab onto, so I let myself go and I fell. I could tell something wasn't okay because one foot was straight and the other foot was turned to the right. I broke my tibia bone in my ankle. The room is upstairs so I tried to walk on it and I decided I shouldn't be walking on it. So, I slid to the stairs. Then, I sat down and used my good leg and slid down the stairs and had to hold on one of the railings. When I got partway down the stairs, I touched the Lifeline. Thank God I had it on.

A voice come on and they asked what I needed and I said that I needed an ambulance. The rep asked what it was for and I said that I broke my leg. I was asked who I would like notified and I said my brother. They dispatched an ambulance and the ambulance came. One thing my family likes with Lifeline is when you pay more, the alarm will go off without your touching. We pay $46 and if you pay less than that, you have to touch the button yourself.

Lifeline response

Mary,Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are glad to know that our service worked well for you. Should you need anything else please let us know. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 25, 2022

I effectively began using my Lifeline two weeks ago. I had a stroke on March 1st and I liked the idea of having the device work in my apartment only. The last time I had one, I had the GPS and that worked all over the place. That was great except that it was hypersensitive. It went off when I was both here and away and every time we do something like hit a bump while I was driving. This one I have now doesn't. The overall quality is fine. Double check before getting the GPS version.

Lifeline response

Doris, Thank you so much for providing such valuable feedback and your kind review. We are glad to hear you are happy with our service. Please know we are always here when you need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 19, 2022

I am an 81 year old senior living in a 1 bedroom (800sq.feet) apt. I am thrilled to wear my necklace and know I have immediate help. I have some dizziness/balance issues as well. What I really like about this program is that should I fall, trip, or not be if I trip or fall in my bedroom or bathroom I am able to move, I can push my alert button and call out to them and they can hear me and talk with me to assess my situation. If I am in need of immediate help to get off the floor, etc..Lifeline calls our front desk and several staff quickly run to my apt. to help me and for us to determine if I needed an Ambulance to take me to the hospital. I do take a monthly check up by pressing my button and test its response. I also leave my volume on loud at all times. My insurance pays for all expenses for this top of the line emergency alert buttons. Also the people who respond have all of my information, and have been well trained for this service.

Lifeline response

Janet, We are very happy to hear that you feel safer with our service and glad that we can be there should you need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I'm happy with the device. But I'd rather have it on my neck than on my wrist. I leaned on something one day and the device was hanging around my neck and it took off. I had the police department here. So it works.

Lifeline response

John, Thank you for providing the valuable feedback. If you are interested in switching your button style, I would suggest reaching out to our customer service department at 1-800-635-6156. Please know we are here when you need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 15, 2022

The only problem we had was when we were setting it up, my son-in-law and her. We followed all the directions in the booklet, but it wouldn't work. So, she called again. And this gal said she would give her five steps to try that weren't in the book. She lives 30 miles from me. So, when she came up on a Saturday, they hooked it up. They did what those five steps were that she had told her, and it worked there. So, she said, “I think you need to update your booklet,” that you send with the Lifeline. The device is around my neck. I take it off at night and lay it on the table beside my bed, because I turn from one side to the other several times during the night and I don't wanna set it off. But I haven't had to use it.

Lifeline response

Carole, We appreciate you providing this valuable feedback and glad the customer service representative was able to assist in getting you set up with your new equipment. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I feel protected by having Lifeline. If something happens to me, someone will call me.

Lifeline response

Marye, This is very nice review and we are happy that we can be there for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I've pushed the button a few times and their response is really very good. But the device is only good in the house. So as long as we're in the house, it's okay. But if we're outside or in the yard, it would not be.

Lifeline response

Mrs. M, We appreciate you providing your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear you are happy with our service. For the usage of it outside the home please see the attached links for help understanding your area of range for your unit and button to communicate. For any further questions please reach out to our customer service department at 1-800-635-6156 Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 12, 2022

With my father having Lifeline, it's reassuring that if something does happen, he has means of getting immediate attention. So it's very helpful. My mother is wearing one too now. It's a good product. But my mother doesn't like to wear the device at night, especially when she goes to bed. She says it rubs and bothers her neck and irritates her skin. Other than that, they press the button in time where the machine can hear them and we know help is coming. So it's very reassuring.

Lifeline response

Joseph, We appreciate you providing your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear you are happy with our service. If your mother is having issues with wearing the equipment around her a neck, we do have the option of wearing this around her wrist. If this is something she may be interested in please reach out to our customer service department at 1-800-635-6156. Please know we are always here for you when you need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 11, 2022

Lifeline has been wonderful. My husband doesn't have it hanging on his walker at all times nor does he wear it around his neck a lot. But when he goes to bed, sits on the couch, or stands up, he makes sure it's within reach. When my husband accidentally dropped the device and it went off, customer service was very good. I apologized and they said, “No, no. We'd rather know it's working than not.” So far, the device is working out very well. I feel comfortable leaving my husband now. Before, I didn't want to go three hours away from home. But I’ve been able to go back to work for a couple of days. We’re very satisfied with Lifeline. I'm very comfortable with everything.

Lifeline response

Mrs. M, We appreciate you providing your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear you are happy with our service. Please know we are always here for your husband whenever he needs us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: June 10, 2022

The Lifeline team has been good. I have the device that goes around the neck. But I’d like to have the one with a bracelet.

Lifeline response

Betty, Thank you for your review. If you would like to switch over to our bracelet option please reach out to our customer service department at 1-800-635-6156. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Lifeline Company Information

Media

VIDEOS & IMAGES
AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009