4.5/5 (317 ratings)

About Lifeline

Lifeline, formerly known as Philips Lifeline, offers medical alert systems and monitoring services. Its equipment can use either a landline or cellular connection, depending on the model you choose. AutoAlert fall detection is also included with some models. However, there are upfront costs for activation and installation, even if you choose to install your system on your own.

Pros

• Waterproof buttons
  • Multiple location technologies
  • Fall detection may be included

Cons

• Upfront costs
  • Cancellation fees

Bottom Line

Lifeline helps people stay independent inside and outside their homes. There is no long-term commitment. However, there are one-time fees for activation and installation in addition to the monthly rate.

Lifeline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I’ll give them a zero rating. That’s how bad they are getting their product and they don’t tell me at first there’s a hole because are such a high demand for this necklace the Philips lifeline necklace. If you have a emergency to push the button I would highly recommend someone else. It’s been seven weeks and I am not got mine. They just told me yesterday oh I should have it another 10 business day. I should’ve told me this at the beginning and no one did. It’s pathetic. The company is pathetic.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I have had Lifeline for over 8 years and haven't had any issues. But I turned 65 in May 2021 and was notified in October that my Lifeline service would end in January 2022. I am not sure why this is happening, but it is.

Lifeline response

Linda, Thank you for being part of our family for over 8 years. We would suggest to reach out to your insurance company in regards to what your covered benefit includes, it's possible that something is changing and the reason they were notifying you. We will have a representative reach out to you to discuss this further to try and help you. If there is a change in your benefit we would work with you to see if we could find another discount program you may be eligible for.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I've had it Lifeline for a lot of years. I wear it around my neck and at night, I pin the string to my pajama top to keep it from going from side to side. In the daytime, I don't pin it to my clothes, but I keep the Lifeline underneath the top that I'm wearing. Then it doesn't bounce around so much. If you lean over anything, it hangs down as long as it is and the string does get so that it loses where you push it. It's longer than where you have set it as it gets older. You have to push it back once in a while. When I've needed it, I have pushed it. Lifeline has called in to see if I needed help and I've been able to tell them that I was fine. I appreciate them checking in because it could very easily be that I was down, couldn't say anything and get up. Lifeline has been wonderful and I'm very satisfied with it. I've told anybody who's asked me about it to get Philips Lifeline.

Lifeline response

Lenora, We appreciate you sharing your valuable feedback and happy to hear about your positive experience with us. We appreciate you recommending our service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

We've had Philips Lifeline for years for my mother-in-law. We were updating trying to get an online account to work. It had never been set up. They kept wanting to send a code to sign up to her home phone, which wouldn't work. But, we got it straightened out. The device is helpful and reassuring that she's got it when we're not at home. She has used it in the past when she was living on her own. An ambulance came and helped her. Their team has been fine and everything's been good. We appreciate it.

Lifeline response

Mary, Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback. We are glad to hear that you were able to get the online account set up. We are happy to hear your mother-in-law received the help she needed. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

We both have Lifeline and I feel safer when Joe has it on. It doesn't go a long way though.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Sally, the person who wears the device, is comfortable and she doesn't even notice it. She fell down once and nobody was around to help her get up. She used it and the paramedics came here and picked her up. Since Sally got the device, we're a lot more comfortable and relaxed when we're not here.

Lifeline response

Joel, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to hear that we were able to assist Sally when she needed us. Please know we are always here for Sally when she needs us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

My roommate set up the device and she had a lot of problems, but it worked out. When the device went off when nothing was wrong, I just got in the room and told them it was a false alarm. I'm losing my service and I'm not happy with the situation, but it's not Philips Lifeline's problem. My insurance company, Humana, decided to cut the service short. It was very good while it lasted and I would recommend Lifeline.

Lifeline response

Janell, Thank you for providing this valuable feedback. Since your insurance company is doing this we are able to offer you a discount on our service should you decide to keep it. We would suggest to reach out to your insurance company and ask if they may have any additional options for you. You can also reach out to our Sales department at 1-800-543-3546 and they can discuss with you all of our available options. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Philips is right there if I have a problem. If anyone is interested, I tell them about Philips.

Lifeline response

Regina, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us and for recommending our service. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I like Lifeline very much. I feel so comfortable without having to worry if I fall. I wish the price was a little lower a month but otherwise, I'm happy with it. One time, I fell in the snow and I couldn't get up. The guy came on and wanted to know if I was okay. If I needed help, I would have had them get help for me. They're really fast to get a hold of me to get help.

Lifeline response

Vivian, Thank you for your review and sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you feel safe and are comfortable with our service. Please know that we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Sometimes, when I accidentally beep my beeper, and it's an accident, the reps are like, "This is a job. I have to do it as fast as possible." Instead of being caring and accepting my apology, they're not very human and they're not very caring. But then sometimes they are. When I fell, they got the ambulance here in 15 minutes. I was very appreciative of that. Lifeline makes me feel very secure because I know I won't be alone. Once, I fell, I did not have my beeper on me, and it was really scary. I had to call a friend and she helped me.

Lifeline response

Nell, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We completely understand that the button can be pressed by accident. We are sorry and would like to apologize to you for the way you were treated. This is unacceptable and not the customer service that we strive for. We want you to be 100% satisfied with our service. We are happy to hear we could provide you the help you needed when you needed us. If you have any questions about your account or need our customer service team they can be reached at 1-800-635-6156. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I'm prone to falling and I've had to use Lifeline a few times. They get somebody out to get me up. If I wasn't hurt, they would just call my son.

Lifeline response

Claudia, Thank you for providing your feedback to us. We are happy that we can be there for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I called Philips Lifeline a month ago to let them know that this is the original one and it's getting old and should be updated. They said they were gonna do that. I was gonna get another one, but I haven't heard from them. I've had the device for 30 years now. I have it hanging around my neck, and I go about my business. I don't think of it at all, and it's there when I need it. If I change it though, I would prefer something on my arm so that it's not in my food. When I sit down to eat or I'm cooking, this is definitely in my way. Other than that, it's a wonderful thing because of the fact that the people that represent it are here instantly. I have very faithful people that come and I have them pick me up, because I can't get up. Last week, I slid off the walker and once I'm on the floor, I'm on it until somebody helps me get up. They were there, we laughed and talked, then they left.

Lifeline response

Elaina, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to hear that we could be there for you when you need us. I will have a representative reach out to you to discuss replacement of your Lifeline equipment at no cost to you. Please know we are always here when you need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I've had very good service and I appreciate having the Lifeline. I have it on all the time and I've gotten used to it. When I take a shower, then that's the only time I take it off. I keep the device on when I go to bed so that if I fell or something happened to me, I have that security of at least letting somebody know. I can get help if I need it.

Lifeline response

Ellen, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to hear that our service brings you security. We are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I've used Lifeline a couple of times and the last time was in May of this year. I was having issues with lightheadedness and dizziness and I had a bad one very early in the morning and pushed the button. The reps responded quite quickly. I have the device anytime I’m in the house and the only time I don’t have it on is if I’m in the shower. It’s supposed to be waterproof but I've never tried it.

The only thing that concerned me about it is I live in a split-level house and the box that comes with it is not on the same level where I usually am. For instance, I called from my bed, which was on a different level. I have a phone next to my bed but I had to pick up the phone to talk to someone. I pushed the button but I couldn't hear what the response was. When I call in once a month to check myself in, I'm standing in the same room where the box is. But up in my bedroom, I could not hear what the person in the box was saying. It might be because my hearing isn't the greatest. But when I originally got it, the woman who came to set it up for me had gone outside my house and had said that if I were out in the yard working and I got hurt, I should be able to call it in from there. But I've never tested that here.

Lifeline response

Dolores, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. I would like to reassure you that your button is waterproof and you can wear it in the shower. If you reach out to our customer service department at 1-800-635-6156 they can discuss your account with you and address all of your questions and concerns. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

My medical alert device is on every day and I don't think about it. I even wear it in the shower. It's always with me and I feel very comfortable knowing I have it. When I had an emergency, they responded quickly. They had to call my son and he was here immediately.

Lifeline response

Erma, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to hear that we were there when you needed us. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Philips Lifeline is good and I would recommend it. It's a great thing, as long as my mom was mostly homebound because it's not going to register if she went to, say, Target or Kroger. However, my mom's Lifeline has been offline for a while and the reset button just blinks all the time. My mom is very seldom by herself right now, but prior to leading up to this, the device brought us great comfort. Several times I got calls from the company that said it wasn't registering. I was able to come over and see what the problem was. My sister called and we were supposed to receive a new monitor, but we haven't yet.

Lifeline response

Ramelle, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. I show that replacement equipment was shipped and delivered. If you are able to reach out to our customer service team at 1-800-635-6156 they are happy to help you get the equipment set up. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I like Lifeline. Once, I had to contact them and they had to call my husband.

Lifeline response

Lois, We appreciate your kind review and for sharing your feedback. We are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I've used my medical alert device three times. I fell and it went off automatically then, which I was proud of. Philips Lifeline was able to get me help quickly too. The string around my neck could be a little longer though. Sometimes that string pinches me around the back. Other than that, I won't go around without my medical alert device. I'm very dependent on it now because it worked for me a couple of times. Also, I thought it was about time for it to be recharged again. I thought, "Well, it's gonna go off during the night," but it didn't.

Lifeline response

Vera, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are happy to hear we could be there when you need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Having the medical alert device is always helpful and it's very good for seniors. However, I'm on Social Security so I can't afford it and my insurance company is taking it away from us at the end of the year. I'm 94 and healthy, but I never know when I going to trip or fall. I haven't had much experience with the device, but it gives me peace of mind that there's someone there to help me.

Lifeline response

Billy, Thank you for providing your valuable feedback. We would suggest to reach out to your insurance company and ask if they may have any additional options for you because of this. You can also reach out to our Sales department at 1-800-543-3546 and they can discuss with you all of our available options. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

The reps are wonderful and they answer right away. The only thing is the device only works in my apartment. I also had the necklace at one time, and I don't want it. I slept with it and all these firemen came, but I didn't need them. The other thing is, as I lean forward, the thing goes forward. If I lean over the sink, it's hanging in the sink. It doesn't remain stable against my chest.

Lifeline response

Retta, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. If you are able to please call our customer service department at 1-800-635-6156 so that we can explain how to adjust the neck cord with you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

The device is easy to wear and it's nice to know that if I fall and can't get up, I can push the button on my wrist and get help.

Lifeline response

Philip, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Margie, my mother-in-law, has more confidence in herself since having the device from Lifeline. She knows that she has to wear it at all times and have it beside her bed. When she goes outside, she knows she can't go very far because the device will sit there and not work. So, she knows her limits and it keeps her where she should be to where we can keep an eye on her. I love the device and I would recommend it 100% because it's the best of the likes that we've seen and works with mom well.

Lifeline response

Darla, Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are happy to know your mother-in-law has more confidence since having our service. Please know we are always here for her. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

My experience with Lifeline is wonderful and I recommend it to anybody. I have a terrible problem with my balance and I have bad knees. If I fall on the floor, I can't get up and that has happened to me four times in the last three months. I have no problem with the service I get from them. They have the numbers of both my daughters to call. One lives next door and the other one lives a half-mile down the same road, and we're in the country. One daughter works at Lowe's and so she works all hours. Some days, she goes in at 6:30 and the next day, she goes in at 11:00 and works till 10:00. So, I never know what her hours are going to be up until when she tells me what days she can be off the next week because she never gets Saturday and Sunday. My other daughter works for the Feds and the courts. So, she's home in the evening and on the weekends but sometimes, it doesn't always work out that way.

Lifeline response

Evelyn, We are happy to hear about your positive experience with us. I also would like to thank you very much for recommending our service. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I chose Lifeline because I called several places and I got the best response from them, as far as just talking to them. Whoever I talked to on the phone sounded the best of anyone I talked to. When I was ready to sign up, they just seem to do the best job of putting themselves across. There was one of them, very high-rated ones that I see in the magazine, but they were pushy. They called and I told them I already had somebody. They wanted to know who I chose. And when I told them Philips Lifeline, they just hung up.

Everything mostly has gone all right. Whenever I've needed something, I got it right away. But I had a very bad experience. I was sitting on the edge of my bed. The person told me it was 9:17 in the morning. All of a sudden, my phone rang. Philips Lifeline said their regular things, “This is Philips Lifeline. Is this Sarah?” Or do I need help. I said I was fine. And they said all right, and they would reset it. After that, I was in my bathroom and I could see my responder right across the room, because I have it where I can see it, and it’s blinking. I had no idea why. It never made any noise, nothing happened. I talked to three people the other day. I wanted to know why the first call I got came on my telephone and not my responder. None of them could satisfy me. I was discouraged and unhappy.

I waited another day or two to see who I wanted to try to talk to. All three people I talked to had an accent, that when I’m 89 years old, it’s not easy to understand. Nothing against them. That's how they talk. But when you're 89 years old, you have a hard time understanding some of these accents. The first one I got, I wasn't happy so I just dialed back again. I got somebody else. And she, at least, turned me over to another person, who turned me over to a third person. He said, “Can I put you on a long hold?” Then he came back and said, “Well, they couldn't call you on the unit because your line was busy.”

My line couldn't have been busy if they called me on it. It's confusing and I'm unhappy about it. I asked my daughter what she thought I shold do because there are plenty of them out there looking for business. This was a big problem. If they called my telephone that morning and my phone wasn't with me, if I didn't have a phone right next to me, it could have kept ringing and ringing. And I'm wondering what they could have done if I couldn't answer the phone. If I was out here in a place where my phone was not available to me at that moment, and I couldn't answer my regular phone, they would send all kinds of equipment here because I wasn't answering the phone. But I'm not supposed to have to answer the phone. It was supposed to come on my responder that I can hear in my house.

I was actually talking to someone on the phone, and Lifeline cut in to tell me that I might have pressed my button by mistake. Although I was sitting at the table, I very well could have hit the table with it or whatever it was on something. And they said to hang up. How they figured that one out was good. But I still don’t know how they can solve it, whether they called my house phone instead of the transponder would happen again. I don't want all kinds of stuff in front of my house when I'm fine.

Lifeline response

Sarah, Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and providing this valuable feedback. We are sorry for the frustration you have dealt with regarding your equipment. We have provided all of this information to our Customer Service Department and a representative will reach out to you to discuss your account. We will be happy to swap out any equipment necessary to be sure you are 100% satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

If you're by yourself, you should have one. Before I got mine, I fell twice outside at different times. And one time, I was out there two and a half hours, and the other time an hour and a half until somebody came home and missed me. So if I would have had the alarm, I could have had them call a neighbor. Lifeline makes me feel safer because I'm by myself quite a bit, so I can just push the button. And we've done it by mistake a few times and they answer very fast. I could use a clean cord. I know it can get wet, but I'm wondering if I'm supposed to just stick it in water to wash it. I will now just try and keep the button out of the water.

Lifeline response

Joan, Thank you for your review and providing this valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear that you fell, but glad to know you feel safer with our service. We have requested a replacement button to be shipped out to you. Please call us back at 1-800-635-6156 so that we can help you activate the button with you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

My device is a necklace and I wear it through my jersey all the time. When I take it off my jersey, sometimes the things clip on the floor. So Lifeline calls me, wanting to know if I'm okay. It’s a little bit annoying. But they're okay.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

In just a few minutes, Lifeline's reps would answer and I haven't had any problems whatsoever with the device. I would like to have the wristband but I have the pendant. So, I'd just keep that. I am satisfied with it.

Lifeline response

Frances, Thank you for your kind review and happy to hear that our service works well for you. We appreciate this valuable feedback. The features in the button you wear are only available for around your neck. If you would like to speak to our customer service team at 1-800-635-6156 they can explain the difference and take appropriate action. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I fell the other day and my Lifeline came on automatically. They wanted to know if I was okay and if I wanted an ambulance. They were really nice. They also called my cousins and told them. Other than that, the device gets a little tight around my neck at times because I wear it out so much, day and night, until the mark gets a little bit heavy around my neck. But it's okay. I don't like it being lighter.

Lifeline response

Audrey, Thank you for your kind review and for sharing your experience with us, this is great feedback. We are very happy to know this is working out for you and you are happy with our service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I've used Lifeline and got some help to get me off the ground. I live about 10 miles out and they came pretty quickly.

Lifeline response

Joanne, We appreciate you providing this feedback and happy to hear that you received the help you needed. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

If senior citizens don't have Lifeline, they ought to have their head examined. Because I depend on mine. I got it around my neck and I know if I'm in trouble, all I have to do is push the button. I also wear it to bed. The only thing I wish, money-wise, is for my device to be on all the time. Mine only works here and for so many feet out on the road, to get in the car, and then it's done. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with it.

Lifeline response

Nancy, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We do have a button available with the feature you are looking for. If you reach out to our customer service department at 1-800-635-6156 they can discuss your account with you and all available options. Please be well, safe and take care.

Lifeline Company Information

Media

VIDEOS & IMAGES
AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009