2. Medical Alert Systems
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.61/5

Philips Lifeline was the first to provide a personal alert service in North America and has remained the leading medical alert service in the U.S. At the press of a button, we enable fast, dependable, around-the-clock access to a Trained Care Specialist based in North America, who can respond quickly and dispatch the help you need. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology, available with both our in-home and mobile systems, features smart sensors that can identify most falls and quickly notify a Trained Care Specialist – even if you are unable to press the help button. Since 1974, more than 7.5 million people have counted on Philips Lifeline medical alert systems – and more than 200,000 healthcare professionals have recommended them.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Philips Lifeline Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

Josephine's family got Philips Lifeline for her because she’s alone in the house. She has fallen in a couple of occasions when she was alone and her Philips Lifeline worked well. The communication with the Philips team has been very good. There have been a couple of times where I’ve been here where Josephine has accidentally pressed the button, and it comes up right away. And then I just tell them, “She accidentally pressed it.” They've been very good and supportive.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I was in rehab for a broken hip and I needed a medical alert device. I got a Philips Lifeline and at this point, the only thing they can improve is the bill I get from them.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I have muscular dystrophy and I'm confined to a wheelchair. I'm often alone at home so I got a Philips Lifeline. One problem I had though was when my wife was out of town, my button was pressed unwarrantedly and the kid who was looking after me answered the phone. When she did, Philips' reps asked her who she was. Overall, my device works fine.

Philips Lifeline response

Griffin, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us about your Philips Lifeline Experience. Your safety is our #1 priority that is why we need to be sure you are alright when we do not speak directly to you. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

For a couple of years now, I've had a Philips Lifeline and it works. In case I have an accident in the house, the device would go off and somebody would come. When you’re 92, you’re gonna do something wrong. When I fell in the house and I couldn’t get up, that alarm went off. Three men came out and helped pick me up and get me straightened up. I feel good now because they came right away and I didn’t expect it.

Philips Lifeline response

Anthony, thank you for taking the time to provide this review to us about your Philips Lifeline Experience. We are so glad you wear your button and got help when you fell. We are glad you feel good having the service. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I fell a few times and I got a medical alert device so that if I fell and couldn’t be to the phone, I could call someone. My Philips Lifeline is okay but the cord slips a little bit. I've pulled it back, though and straightened it up. Other than that, they’ve been all so good at Philips. If I fell, they’d say, “Someone is on the way.” And I have to tell them, “No, I’m okay. I haven’t fell.” But that day I fell at the stove, I didn’t push the button and they kept hollering if I needed help. I couldn’t get back up and I was so weak. I finally crawled to where I could talk to them and they said someone would be here. And they were here fast in about five minutes. I had to go to the hospital and I spent the night that night.

I also had one guy that had been here twice. One time, I fell and hit my head against the kitchen door. I passed out and my head felt really funny. I was trying to get to dining room chair to sit down, but I didn’t make it that far. He had to pick me and they had the ambulance here. All in all, I don’t wanna be here without my Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience Virginia. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any concerns you have. We hope you are feeling good, please take care!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

With my Philips Lifeline, I feel safer because if I fall, I can press the button. My button went off once when I bumped into a wall and fell on my butt. I'm glad I have it.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Philips Lifeline is lovely, but I don’t think it goes any further than my back door. Some say that you can take them in your car and could get emergency help that way. Nonetheless, it’s doing very well. They call immediately and asks if everything is all right, and the emergency help is very quick. So far, I’ve used them about six or seven times and I’m very pleased with them.

Philips Lifeline response

Frances, thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback to us about your Philips Lifeline Experience. We are happy to hear you are pleased with your service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have. Please continue to be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I had an alert device up in Washington when I was there and I feel that it’s important to keep using it for emergencies. I’ve always had Philips for my device. It’s working out very well and I appreciate it. Customer service lets me know when there’s a problem. I have had outages here which is what worries me because the device is attached to my telephone. But Philips is always very prompt when anything happens. I wear the device around my neck all the time regardless of where I go. If I have an accident, they are right on the line with me so I don’t have anything to worry about. I recommend it for everyone.

Philips Lifeline response

Dianne, thank you for taking the time to provide this review to us about your Philips Lifeline Experience. We are so glad to hear that you wear your button all the time. Thank you so much for recommending us, we appreciate that. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I've had Philips Lifeline for a long time and everything has been fine.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for the kind words Eileen. All the best.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Interacting with Philips Lifeline's team was a very good experience. I had a stroke and was able to push the button to get help.

Philips Lifeline response

Norma, thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are glad you were wearing your button and pressed it for help. We hope that you are doing alright now. Please be well, and take care!

Philips Lifeline Company Information