Call toll free
4.61/5
Based on 1,214 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline is the leading medical alert service in the U.S.. The Philips Lifeline medical alert service gives you fast, easy access to a trained response associate to request the help you want - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology automatically calls for help if a fall is detected – even if you are unable to push the help button. Over 7 million Americans have counted on Philips Lifeline to feel safe at home or on the go.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3386 Philips Lifeline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

My son wanted me to have Philips Lifeline 'cause I live alone most of the time. I like it and I have more confidence when I get out alone. If I go out in the field or out in the woods, I put it around my neck and keep it on most of the time now. The device is really good and I've been getting along pretty well. I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I can't walk very well and I'm using a cane now. I also fell a couple of times. I got a medical alert device from Philips Lifeline and my interactions with their team have been good. They call me every so often and check out the device. I wear it all the time, but it has to be around my home for it to work and it wouldn't work whenever I leave the premises or if I'm 30 miles away from home. Nevertheless, I will tell people to get Philips Lifeline's alert device.

Philips Lifeline response

Mary, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline experience. We are glad that you wear your button all the time. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions about other products that we have. Thank you for recommending us as well, please take care!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I needed a medical alert device and I decided to get one from Philips Lifeline. I feel very comfortable with it and I like it very much. I wear it around my neck and at night, I put it beside the nightstand, up by my bed, in case of an emergency. I would definitely recommend Philips to my friends. I wish everybody at my age would carry one because it’s very important, especially if they live alone.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

My husband went into the nursing home and I knew I would be alone here. Plus I’m 85 years old. My sister had Philips and it worked very well for her, and since I got one as well, I have greater peace of mind. Their team is very nice and they respond immediately. I wear the button around my neck and it's easy to use. I’ve told several people about how good it is.

Hello Ann,

Thank you for recommending the Philips Lifeline service to your friends and/or family. We strive everyday to give you the peace of mind you require. All the best Ann, and be well.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

My son suggested that I have a medical alert device, then he got one for me from Philips Lifeline and he paid for it. Philips Lifeline has been a good service to me. I feel more safe with the alert device because I live alone and I don’t think I could go without it. I've twice accidentally hit the help button, though, when I was asleep. I heard somebody talking and it was someone from the Philips Lifeline team who called and woke me up. The reps were very nice when they called and I told them I was sorry that I might have rolled over the device. I wear it on a necklace and I can hardly even tell that it’s here, except for the times when it gets through my clothes and I can see it, but I don’t have any problems with it at all. I’m very pleased with my Philips Lifeline alert device and I would recommend it to anybody.

Philips Lifeline response

Vera, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline experience. We are glad that you wear your button, and that you feel more secure having your service. Thank you for letting us know you would recommend us. Please take care!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I had fallen several times and I was dizzy a lot. At the time, I was using a Philips Lifeline. I had good interactions with their reps. I'm supposed to check my box and push a button there to make sure the device is working. When I did that, their reps came on. However, I went for therapy, rehab, and I'm just a lot better now. So, I need to pack up the device and send it back. Still, Philips' team was very helpful. They gave good service and their device works.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for choosing Philips Lifeline Martha, we are glad that you enjoyed having the service and are so happy to hear that you are doing better! Please continue to be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I take medicine everyday and my children think I should have a medical alert device. I wear my Philips Lifeline device all the time and once in a while, I forget I have it and I lie down. Then it would go off. The team's response time has been okay. It suits for me and I’m satisfied with Philips Lifeline.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

The Philips Lifeline has helped in my peace of mind. It's my mother's first medical device and though she doesn’t understand it too much, she has used it a few times and the response has been excellent. I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

We needed a medical alert device because of age and when we test our help button from Philips Lifeline I have no problem with it at all. If we hit it by mistake I just tell them that we’re fine. My children are happy about it because they know that we’re set. I’ve talked to other elderly people about it. I told them that’s what they should have.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I have fallen a couple times, and the Philips Lifeline security system came on and they wanted to know if we were all right or if we needed help. The response time is good. A couple times, I fell outside and my wife was in the house, and she came out running for me because the Lifeline said I fell. It’s good and I feel secure with it. It feels good that when you fall down, somebody will come out looking for you right away. I have no problem wearing the device on but my wife complains about it every now and then. The thing goes down between her bosom, and then it annoys one side or the other. I asked her to shorten the strap and it was a big help. She hasn't complained about it much lately. I'm satisfied with the device and the response we got from Philips. But it would be nice if it was a little cheaper.

Philips Lifeline response

Michael, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline experience. We are glad that you and your wife wear your buttons all the time, feel more secure, and are satisfied with your service. We are happy that since your wife shortened her cord she is more comfortable. Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have. Our best to you both, please be well, and take care!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I fell a couple of times so I got Philips Lifeline and now that I have it, I'm more confident. When I pressed the button, the team responded quickly.

Hello Dinah,

We're sorry to hear that you'd fallen a couple times, but also glad to hear that Philips Lifeline has restored your confidence. All the best Dinah.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Before I got out of the nursing home, I had to have a Philips Lifeline. I wear it around my neck and if I need it, all I have to do is punch. I used it when I fell and they were talking to me before I even hit the floor. Then they got the ambulance here right off the bat. But if I would fall outside, they wouldn’t be able to talk to me. Other than that, it's working just fine and anyone looking into Philips Lifeline should try it.

Philips Lifeline response

Delores, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline experience. We are so glad that you wear your button, and used it when you needed help. We hope you are doing well, please take care!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Ana has had her Philips medical alert device for a year and it didn’t work most of the time when she first moved here. Also, she feels it costs too much.

Hello Billie,

Thank you for your review. We've escalated your concerns to our service team and will Reach out to Anna to discuss them further. If you have any questions, please call 800-635-6156. Thank you again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

There were two times that I had calls from Philips but I didn't fall. I took it off to take a shower and put it back on, and then they called me asking if I fell. But other than that, I’m glad I have it and I feel secure with it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

We’re old people and our son wanted us to get Philips Lifeline device. It makes us feel safer and we’re glad we have it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I had a bad automobile accident a year ago and I needed an alert device so I got a Philips Lifeline. Since then, my daughters worry less. Philips Lifeline gives me a little peace of mind knowing I got a backup if I need it and they have been there when I needed them. In fact, I've fallen a number of times and they got a hold of my family. So far, my experience with Philips Lifeline has been very good.

Hello John,

Thank you for your review. We're glad Philips Lifeline has given you and your family the peace of mind you needed after your unfortunate accident. We're glad we've been able to get you the help you've needed, when you've needed it. All the best to you and your family John, and take care.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I’m legally blind and my girls got me the Philips Lifeline that I could ring anytime I needed help. I've used it a few time when I've fallen down and the response time was very good. They got in touch with my kids right away. I pushed the button and I waited for them to answer and then they asked me what was the problem and I told them. They’ve only had to call the police once because they couldn’t reach anybody. I wear the device around my neck at all times and I'm contented with what I've got here.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

One of my daughters got in touch with Philips because what I had wasn't gonna carry anybody anymore. I live alone in the farm and my family feels better that I have it. I wear the device around my neck and if I need it, I hope I will be able to push the button. I haven’t needed it but I called Philips Lifeline to make sure that it was working. I don’t do it often enough. One time, it went off when I was taking a shower and the ambulance was there. It was a surprise but it was a good thing that they came. I heard somebody calling my name and I got out of the bedroom where I was dressing up. They were as surprised as I was but they said that they like to go on calls where nobody has fallen. I’m satisfied as far as the experience I’ve had so far.

Philips Lifeline response

Leona, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline experience. We are glad that you wear your button, and are satisfied with your service. Please feel free to test your button at least once a month. Take care!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

My husband passed away and I was living alone. I decided to get a medical alert device. I’ve had Philips Lifeline for about five years now and they call me about once a month for testing. I wear the button around my neck and it is super-sensitive. When I lean against something, it could go off. I would recommend and have recommended Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline response

Barbara, we are so sorry for the loss of your husband. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline experience. We are glad that you wear your button, and appreciate that you have been with us for so long. Thank you for recommending us as well, please take care!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I had fallen and I was in the hospital. My son decided to get Philips Lifeline so it has been here ever since. Sometimes, if I’m getting out of the tub or drying myself, or the slightest thing, it goes off. It’s a nuisance sometimes but I realized that should anything happen, I really need it. Their response time has been better. The one I had before this wouldn't go off if I fall on the floor so there was no protection at all.

I wear the Philips device around my neck and it doesn’t bother me. I wanted it on the wrist, and then the kids didn’t approve. My sister had one and when she fell, her arm was under her and she couldn’t set it off so that was a good example for me. The only thing is that I break out with bruises with the little knobs that are on the cord. The necklace has a heart on it and my husband gave that to me before he died so I never take it off. And so, I might lay on that and that bruises my arms. But I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I used to get calls that say I should get a medical alert device. I thought to myself that I wasn't that old and I didn’t need anything like that. But then one time, I was letting my dog out of the crate in the bedroom and I tripped down the rug and lost my balance and went down. I laid there for four hours. The doors' all locked, dinner in the oven and green beans on the stove for the dog. I kept yelling and yelling and yelling and the dog barked, trying to help me. Finally, my neighbor came home from work and called me on the phone. I didn’t answer. This neighbor went to the door and still, I didn't answer. The neighbors then called the police who eventually broke in. They then called the fire department and they took me to the hospital. After that, I got an alert system ‘cause you’ll never know when it’s gonna happen again.

Two years later, I was all ready for bed and I was in the living room, and I had a play mouse for my cat. I bent over to get it and tripped on the rug and I went down but since I had that alert system, I punched that. Immediately, the Philips Lifeline team came but they couldn’t get in. So they had to break through a window ‘cause I had locked everything up. They took me to the hospital ‘cause I had a fracture on the same leg.

Since the first time I got the Philips Lifeline, their team has responded right away. I dropped it on the floor one time and I heard somebody say my name and asked who's in the house. Normally, I wear the device all the time. Also, it’s good for the outside because it covers two football fields. Overall, I love Philips and they’re very good. If you wanna talk to them, just punch one of those buttons and somebody will get on the line, talk to you, and explain things. It's well recommended.

Philips Lifeline response

Mary Joan, Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline experience. We are glad that you pressed your button when you needed help . If you ever want to add a hidden key, or a lock box combination to your account, so help can get in without forced entry, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I had a stroke in 2014 so I need the protection of being able to get a hold of somebody. I'm having difficulties with my phone, with all the advertisement that I have to go through before I can use it, so the life alert device is the most reliable way to get a hold of someone. I got a Philips Lifeline and dealing with their team has always been very good. They're very respectful whenever I accidentally press the button. Sometimes it's a nuisance though because I have a left-sided weakness and if I’m doing something on my right-hand side, my left hand tries to do something. A lot of times it will end up pushing the button accidentally. Like when I put on my shoes, while I'm using my right hand do it, my left hand is working. That's just normal because of left-side weakness. So, my hand is moving nearly constantly when I'm awake.

A couple of times when I've had difficulty, I’ve had to have them reach my wife on the phone so that she knows. Maybe she's at the other end of the house and she can help me in the bathroom. Also, customer service has always been very good. I had trouble one time due to an equipment problem where they could not understand me as well as I needed. So they called my phone, but my phone was on my bed and I was away from my bed and I couldn't reach them in time. Nevertheless, I have recommended it to my grandmother-in-law. I said that she get the kind that has the fall protection instead of the one that we have to push, because she falls easily and she suffers from Dementia and doesn’t always think about what she's doing.

Philips Lifeline response

Kerry, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline experience. We are glad that you wear your button, and are sorry for any frustration you have had with accidental calls. Thank you for your recommendation as well, please be well and take care!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Since I have COPD and I’m 91 and 1/2 years old, my children got me a Philips LifeLine and I now have more confidence. It’s a little annoying hanging around my neck but I would recommend it.

Philips Lifeline response

Jeannette, Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline experience. We are glad that you feel more confident having the service. Thank you for telling us you would recommend Philips Lifeline. Please take care!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

When I was released from the hospital here in Boaz, Alabama, the people there said I would get a Philips Lifeline within four days. Nobody told me anything about it and it just was sent to my door. I haven’t had to use the device since I got it but I’ve had to use it because of my husband. He passed out and I couldn’t reach the phone. He was sitting in a chair at the bar and we were fixing to have our meal. I couldn’t turn him loose without him falling from the chair so I used the Lifeline and it was a very short time until I had help out here. The people at Philips were on it immediately. They knew exactly where to tell their people to come and to tell them what my address was.

However, I don’t think I need the Philips Lifeline anymore. I was telling my husband the other day that I was going to send it back. I’m not unhappy with the device, but I just can’t keep paying to have it. I figured up the other day that it was about $500 a month, and I haven’t used it since the thing happened with my husband. Nevertheless, I would recommend Philips Lifeline to anybody that needs one and wants to have one around.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

My son bought me a Philips Lifeline medical alert device and I'm very satisfied with it.

Philips Lifeline response

Frances, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard of your Philips Lifeline experience. We are so glad that you are satisfied with your service. Please take care!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

My daughter got a Philips Lifeline for me. It's the first medical alert device I've had. I wear around the neck and it's all right. Their people tested it for me and I haven’t pushed that button that I know about. It seems to be working okay.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I had a small fall and I decided to get a Philips Lifeline. I just put the device on and that’s it. When I called Philips Lifeline last time, their reps answered. So, it worked okay. Their reps treated me fine. Philips Lifeline is good.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline experience Thelma. We are glad that you seem satisfied with your service. Please take care!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

The Philips Lifeline device is great. It's not out of reach. When I accidentally sat on it one time, the team responded in a very decent amount of time. I’ve also had to call them when it went off and they’ve been very good.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I’ve had Philips LifeLine for 10 years now. The first time I accidentally used it, I really didn’t understand what was going on. I kept hearing somebody talking in the background and I didn’t understand what they were saying. My hearing isn’t the best in the world, so when I heard somebody talking, I just thought it was the neighbors outside and went back to sleep. Nobody explained what I was gonna hear when I pushed the button. Philips Lifeline then called my son. He had gotten up and came to check on me. A few weeks ago as I rolled out of bed in the morning, I accidentally tripped it and a lady said, “Your help call is in progress. Please wait. Your help call was in progress. You’ve been connected. Someone will be right with you.” So, it takes usually about 30 seconds for somebody to answer once it gets a connection.

Sometimes I get disgusted with the device around my neck. The cord gets twisted at the little connectors on and it gets mixed up with the shirt collar. Sometimes, it’s a little aggravating to just find a comfortable position for the cords to be. Other than that, it's nice to know I’ve got something and somebody is there in case I really need it.

Philips Lifeline response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard of your 10 year Philips Lifeline experience John, thank you so much! We are glad that you wear your button,even though it is sometimes uncomfortable for you. Please continue to be well, and take care!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I had a stroke and I was in the hospital. It seemed like a good idea to get something when I got out of the hospital and Philips LifeLine had good recommendations on it. I have people that are on the call list. If something happens and they’re available, somebody could be there before the ambulance. Also, if I fall over, nobody saw me and I couldn’t get up, I could at least tell them where I was.

This is my second device and I was quite pleased with it the one before this. This one has been very nice, but the length of it around my neck is irritating. It gets caught in my trousers and my belt when I’m getting dressed. I’ve had it set off three times and a couple of was when I bumped it when I was I was trying to button my pants. The device made a really loud noise, which blew my ear. It really scared the hell out of me. They called right in and I told the rep that I wasn’t hurt at all. I just bumped it. That was really good because it was like having a test and they do test it.

Philips has done a check or two just on their own and that was good. They need to do that. I can understand why and I appreciate it. When I fell out in the yard, I punched the button and the people came. The fellow that is the number one on the list had come back, had turned around and came back. He saw me and we canceled the call because he already had the ambulance here. I’m perfectly happy with Philips. I’m glad to have it and I feel better with it on.

Philips Lifeline Company Information