4.56/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline is the leading medical alert service in the U.S.. The Philips Lifeline medical alert service gives you fast, easy access to a trained response associate to request the help you want - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology automatically calls for help if a fall is detected – even if you are unable to push the help button. Over 7 million Americans have counted on Philips Lifeline to feel safe at home or on the go.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3808 Philips Lifeline Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: July 20, 2019

I fell one time and I used my Philips Lifeline. They came right away and helped me up. They laid me down on my bed, and I was fine. I'd probably could've crawled in and pulled myself up on the bed. But I didn't have the energy.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I was diagnosed with a form of Parkinson’s and I tend to lose my balance. My family wanted me to wear a medical alert device so that in case I fall, I can call somebody. With my Philips, I worry less. It’s easy to use. But I don’t like it too much. You have to give up a little freedom to get the convenience of having a button. Other than that, it has been all right.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 17, 2019

This is a follow-up to the review I left about 10 days ago. There was no option in the review form to write a response, but I feel strongly enough about what happened to us following that review, that I am writing a new review. Following my previous review, Philips Lifeline called me to try to resolve the issues I had articulated. To summarize & keep this short, they simply wanted to placate my concerns (presumably to tick the box of "customer service") without taking responsibility for their multiple failures. A paltry offer to refund us for July's monitoring (I wrote my first review on July 5th mentioning that we would be cancelling) - we cancelled the service on about July 12th, doesn't cut it, given the almost $200 spent in set up fees and 2 months worth of monitoring. Sounds like lip service to me!

Given the multiple levels at which Lifeline failed to deliver the service promised (see my previous review for details), nothing short of either fixing their service, or offering a complete refund should be acceptable. Almost any other commercially available service (in any area that serves the public) that I have experienced, would do as much, particularly if the entire experience had been so beset with problems and miscommunication (actually false information) on their part. Specifically, none of the Lifeline promotional literature, mentions the 20% rate of false fall-detection alarms (that all occurred whilst my mother was fast asleep), - the customer service rep. acknowledged as much; that an ambulance will automatically be called, based on those alarms - false or otherwise (even if there are 3 contacts listed, to be called first, in the case of an emergency!).

Surely, once a company realizes that their product has completely failed, they will go out of their way to make things right? In our case, the on-going false alarms & ambulance being called, traumatized my mother, to the point that she eventually REFUSED to wear the device after the 3rd false alarm woke her in the middle of the night - leaving us as a family having to deal with an escalated problem! Surely a reputable company would own the fact that their product failure, if the problems could not be resolved, should not be worn by the customer? I am angry with Phillips' response. Their lack of understanding and compassion. Their lack of willingness to take responsibility for their failed product. The insistence that we pay for their failure. I don't just feel wronged, I feel cheated!!

We have fully cancelled with Phillips and have ordered a different product that is currently receiving rave reviews. This new personal medical alarm system cost us under $500 to own (the device) outright. It has all the features of Phillips LifeLine, without the monthly monitoring costs - it comes with fall detection; GPS location to a family contact's cell phone (allowing patient monitoring where ever they are, not just in-home monitoring); if the primary contacts can't be reached, an automatic 911 call is made; and many other very useful features - all while keeping the simplicity of the panic button format, similar to Philips Lifeline pendant or wristband. After our horrible experience that cost way too much (money; time; frustration; patient cooperation), I'd recommend skipping Phillips and finding a different medic alert system!! Save yourself the headaches and the cost!!

Philips Lifeline response

Good afternoon Clare, We are so sorry to hear that your original complaint was not addressed sufficiently with you. We are in contact with our partners in our office in Canada, we have sent this information ahead to ensure a representative will follow up with you. We also wanted to be sure that you have the Customer Service number for Philips Lifeline Canada, that number is 1-800-387-8120. Please be well. Thank you.

Original review: July 17, 2019

When the person in my care uses her Philips Lifeline, the reps have always been nice and helpful.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I live alone, and I feel all right since having my medical alert device from Philips Lifeline. I’m satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: July 16, 2019

I’m getting older and more stumbly, and the children and I thought a medical alert device would be a good idea. Philips Lifeline is the first one I’ve had and since having it, I’m moving a little slower and I fell a couple of times. Once, I fell pretty hard and nobody answered. One of the reps told me that if you get up fairly quickly, maybe it doesn't do anything. But I was a little disappointed. My children and I talked and they said everything seemed to be alright.

Another time a few years ago, I was cleaning up trash 100 feet from my house and I gathered some up in my arms. I must have held it close to my chest and the device went off. They notified my children and a couple of them came and wondered if I was okay. It just happened, so I was glad that it went off that time just because I knew it was working. There was also one time when I fell and slipped on the edge of the carpet and they responded. So, I was glad. In the summer, the device is kind of hot and sticks around my neck. I really don’t care for it but it’s better than falling and I’ve had a very good experience except for that one time.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service Dorothy. We are happy that you wear your button all the time even though you find it uncomfortable in the Summer. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department for any questions or concerns. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I can't walk very well and I'm 83. I'm alone a lot of times and having a medical alert device is helpful. I’ve had Philips Lifeline for a long while. But once in a while, somehow or the other, I set it off. And they reach out to me right away.

Original review: July 15, 2019

My Philips Lifeline is really good. I've had a lot of interactions with their team as . ifall a lot. I call them, they come and they help me up. They're located close to where I am and they get to me me pretty fast. They're wonderful.

Philips Lifeline response

Stella, thank you for taking the time to provide this review to us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are glad to hear that you are happy with your service. We hope that you are doing well. Please take care.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Due to my age, I got a medical alert device. However, the cord of my Philips Lifeline is too long. It hangs down too low as it is below my waist. Still, it's a good idea to have it as I live alone.

Philips Lifeline response

Jean, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department for any questions or concerns. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I've hand my Philips Lifeline for years and I feel very secure with it. I know that I have something around my neck, so I like it.

Philips Lifeline response

Annie, thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are happy to hear that that you like the service and feel very secure. We are also glad that you wear your button. Please take care.

Philips Lifeline Company Information