Get Pricing

2. Medical Alert Systems

4.6/5 (255 ratings)
Get Pricing

About Lifeline

Lifeline, formerly known as Philips Lifeline, offers medical alert systems and monitoring services. Its equipment can use either a landline or cellular connection, depending on the model you choose. AutoAlert fall detection is also included with some models. However, there are upfront costs for activation and installation, even if you choose to install your system on your own.

Pros

• Waterproof buttons
    • Multiple location technologies
    • Fall detection may be included

Cons

• Upfront costs
    • Cancellation fees

Bottom Line

Lifeline helps people stay independent inside and outside their homes. There is no long-term commitment. However, there are one-time fees for activation and installation in addition to the monthly rate.

Lifeline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I feel good because I have Philips Lifeline. I pushed the button one time and their response time was good.

Lifeline response

Carmen, Thank you for providing your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear you are happy with everything. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

My Philips Lifeline works fine. I have had where I've accidentally hit my panic button when I was carrying something and almost dropped it, not any kind of emergency thing, but where it set it off as one. They’d responded even when it wasn't an emergency. I haven't had any difficulties with my Philips Lifeline. We had to do some reset at one time when my son was here, but it had all been resolved. I'd highly recommend them.

Lifeline response

Carol, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. Thank you for recommending our service. We understand that the button can be pressed in error and it's ok. I'm glad to hear our response team is responding appropriately and glad you are ok. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Our experience with Philips Lifeline has been great. My mother goes nowhere without it. She has set it off a few times and they have immediately called her back. It just makes you feel safe. They were pleasant too when they called.

Lifeline response

Tonya, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are glad to know that you and your mother feel safe with our service. Please know we are always here for you both when you need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I'm happy with my Philips Lifeline. A couple of times I messed up when I bumped into something and hit it and they called me right away. I told them that I'm fine, that I just happened to hit it. One time, my daughter called the emergency and the ambulance got here. They had a hard time getting me out of the house. But other than that, it was all right. I'm very satisfied.

Lifeline response

Joan, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us and happy with our service. We understand that the button can be pressed in error and it's ok. I'm glad to hear our response team is responding appropriately and glad you are ok. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

They have a good product and they were fine anytime I've had to call. I had to get a new button a couple of years ago and they helped me install it.

Lifeline response

Barbara, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we are happy to hear you are satisfied with our service. Please know we will always be here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

The device works out fine. My kids let me live alone because I have it. Also, I appreciate it because the other device was costing me $70 a month. I found out I could get Philips Lifeline through my insurance, so I'm very happy. When I cut my leg and it was bleeding real bad, I had to call the EMS. The people at Philips were very kind and efficient.

Lifeline response

Rosemary, Thank you for your review and providing this valuable feedback. We are happy to hear we were there for you when you needed us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

They are friendly and helpful.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Philips Lifeline combined the devices for me and my wife to one instead of two. But every time you hit the button, when they come on, it's just for me. They just ask me if I'm all right and don’t even mention her. But they're the ones that did it with two buttons but one machine. Also, none of my buttons are working again and I can't test my equipment unless I hit the button on top. If I push the panic button on top, they're gonna answer. If I'm in another room or something, that doesn't do me any good. Other than that, Philips is the best. I've had them for over a year now and I've had no problems with it.

Lifeline response

Stephen, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that your buttons are not working. I'm going to send an e-mail to the supervisor of the department that troubleshoots the equipment to ensure that a representative calls you back to correct this. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Philips Lifeline is nice to have. I’ve had it quite a while now. Their team is okay. Everything’s been just really nice as far as I'm concerned.

Lifeline response

Berma, We are glad to hear that you feel secure with our service. We are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I use my medical alert device every day because I do walk with a cane and my kids are afraid I'll fall and I can't get up. When my caregiver's here, sometimes I just take it off and lay it aside. But I wouldn't go without it. I feel very secure with it. If an old person is living alone, they need something like Philips Lifeline.

Lifeline response

Shirley, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very happy to hear that you feel secure and happy with our service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Lifeline Company Information

Media

VIDEOS & IMAGES
    AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
    iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
     World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009