4.65/5
Based on 1,039 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline is the leading medical alert service in the U.S.. The Philips Lifeline medical alert service gives you fast, easy access to a trained response associate to request the help you want - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology automatically calls for help if a fall is detected – even if you are unable to push the help button. Over 7 million Americans have counted on Philips Lifeline to feel safe at home or on the go.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 18, 2018

2637 Philips Lifeline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

My grandmother is legally blind and we feel safer knowing she has the Philips Lifeline just in case nobody is watching her right at the moment. There was a couple of times that she fell but didn't really hit the ground, and the Lifeline went off, which we were really thankful for. They checked on her, asked us how she was doing and if she was okay. I like that they asked to talk to her, but sometimes, they might not be able to if anything were to happen. They even sent the ambulance one time. The device goes around her neck and she doesn't realize she's got it on sometimes.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Grandmothers Philips Lifeline service Patricia. We are glad you are happy with the service. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I've fallen about three times so my daughters decided that I need a medical alert device. I can't walk and has to be in a motorized chair all the time because I have arthritis in my right knee. I also can't stand so I try my best not to get into situations where I’d fall. I have to remind myself especially when I’m by myself all day. But I wear my Philips Lifeline around my neck all the time and I feel fine and confident. My son lives in a place here, they call him and he just comes and gets me up. Knowing that I have it and if I fall, I know my son will be there. I would recommend them to anybody that needs it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Philips Lifeline helps me get around and if I'm sick, all I have to do is ring them up and they come out here. It's really good and you can't find anything better than that.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

My brother and I were concerned that our mother is getting up in age, and she's living alone and had fallen twice already. So we decided we would get her one of those medical alert devices just to help us feel a little bit better about the situation. So far, there were a couple of times she fell and Philips Lifeline called. We let them know that she did not fall and that she just dropped the fab on the floor.

But there was one time when I was out of the house, away from my cell phone, and she dropped her fab on the floor but didn't realize it. Since they couldn't get a hold of my mother for some reason, they called me but they couldn't get a hold of me as well since I didn't have my cell phone. So they called my friend, who in turn called me. When I got home, I found out that the fire department was there and they let themselves in the house. It was the only scary time.

Although everything's been routine, they sent out an email saying that some of the fabs are not working. That if you fall down, the only way you're going to get assistance is to push the button. They said they're going to send out replacements, but right now, the question remains: if you fall down and is unconscious, who is going to press the button?

Philips Lifeline response

Bill, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Mothers Philips Lifeline service. We are glad you feel less worried about being alone in your apartment. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you have. Please be well, safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

People should all have a medical alert device when they hit a certain age and they’re alone because it just makes them feel so much better. I’ve had a wonderful experience with Philips Lifeline. I’ve been with the company for about five years now. The button is very comfortable to use. I’ve only used it once and the response time was excellent.

Philips Lifeline response

Mabel, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are so glad you find the button comfortable, easy to use and are happy with the service. Please take care!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

My father is a 100 and a half years old and he can't hear very well. Being alone at his age was a concern. He needed to have a medical alert device so he got a Philips Lifeline. It was very nice because they could respond to a lot of things like if he needed something very quickly. He's fallen and they responded so, we appreciate that. We’ve been very pleased with Philips. Their reps were very kind, went through with everything with us and showed us how to use it. He wears the device at all times. However, when I visited him one time, I found out that he took it off for a shower, but he didn't realize and he forgot. I said, "Well, you know, it can get wet." The shower is one of the main places that people fall so, he needs that on all the time. He also takes it off and put it on the bed at night. Now, he leaves it on and he's very good about that.

He had a little spill in the yard about a year ago and he picked it up. He can't have anything that takes him away from this house because he has a pacemaker. I was told that they don't work beyond the boundaries of this house. He doesn't drive anymore, so he's not alone when he goes anywhere. I like that we're alerted immediately if he does fall. It only takes a second for the phone to ring and then they have to come on. When he first got it, he had the push button kind until about a couple of years ago. But they're giving us some credit because they inadvertently sent us the new device that was their old push button kind. They seemed good about giving us credit for the time we had to wait for the right kind.

Also, apart from falling, if he hears some noises or thinks somebody's trying to break in, he can push that button. He has pressed it a couple of times and they usually come to see how he's doing. In fact, he has fallen a couple of times and he said, "Oh, I'm okay." And then, they call me and my sister. So far, it has been a good experience. We have peace of mind knowing that if something happens, we're going to be able to know very quickly. You don't have to be a hundred years old to have the device. You could be a single person at any age and Philips Lifeline would be exactly helpful.

Philips Lifeline response

Roberta, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Fathers Philips Lifeline service. We are so glad to hear you are satisfied with the service, and you and your family have added peace of mind. Please be well, safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

My mother had Philips and we switched hers over to mine and now I have the same one. It's 30 years now that we've had Philips. My daughter speaks with their staff and she’s happy. My kids feel a lot better that if they have to be gone, I have this on and if I need help, I can get it. The security is a wonderful feeling. The device is part of my life and I always have it on but I don’t even know that I do. I wear it to bed too. They say that I don’t have to take it off for a shower but I do. I feel better if I do but I always have my phone right next to the shower. I told my friends that the device is a necessary thing. It comforts my children and takes a lot of worry off them. It’s selfish not wanting to wear one.

When I didn’t realize that my Philips Lifeline wasn’t working, they called all the people on my list since they were wondering why I wasn’t answering. We had to get a new box and that was the first time I ever had to get a new box and a new thing around my neck. I paid extra to get the one that if I fall, I don’t have to reach for it and they’ll all know that I fell. But they mixed up and I got the wrong one. They charged me wrong for the better one too but I'm getting that straightened out.

Philips Lifeline response

Patty, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service, and for being part of our Philips Lifeline family for so long. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

My daughter got the Philips Lifeline device for me and I’m glad that I learned about it. I had it in South Carolina where I'm from and I've had it for quite some time now. I have balance problems and I fall a lot, and knowing that I have the device has been very helpful to me. I can call them if I need to and when I fall, they automatically hear the sound. They then come and check on me. A lot of times it’s not extremely serious, but the button has been a big help and I feel very secure with it. I wear it around my neck and it’s comfortable. It’s just there and it doesn’t bother me at all. I don’t mind taking my shower with it on either. I feel very confident when I wear it and I feel secure at home. I fell last March and broke my ankle. I couldn’t make my children hear me yelling but Philips Lifeline called and they knew I had fallen. I can’t do without my button and I would tell my friends to go to Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service Anna. We are so glad you feel confident and secure with your service. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

My husband is an amputee and has multiple sclerosis and a vertigo balance problem. We got a Philips Lifeline for him and now I have a little more sense of security and it's easier for me to leave him knowing that he has it. And whenever I deal with the Philips Lifeline team, they are very kind and professional. Also, I like the fact that the device is a necklace because he may not be able to press a button if he was wearing a wrist type of device and had a stroke. We also have the fall feature on it and they're getting new monitors and buttons for that. We're hoping that we get the button that has the fall alert as soon as possible because he is a fall risk. All in all, we really like that Philips Lifeline is top notch when it comes to the quality of the service and the technology.

Philips Lifeline response

Mary Sue, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Husbands Philips Lifeline service. We are glad you feel more secure leaving him for a little while. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you have about your products. Please be well, safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I’m very pleased with Philips Lifeline. I live alone and with my age my kids were telling me that I needed it. They were worried about me that I am going to fall because I’m 92 years old now. I broke my neck recently in a car accident. My kids were very happy that I have something like Philip Lifeline to wear. If I do slip and fall, hopefully, if it doesn’t pick it up, I’ll be able to push the button. I’ve had this for quite some time. I know when the lady came down to originally install it 10 or 15 years ago, she was able to walk out way up the street and it was picking up here in the house so it is a good system.

I’m very comfortable knowing that I wear it every day. I didn’t realize I was supposed to wear it at night until I’ve read something recently so I’ve been wearing it at night also. I’ve always had it by the bed and when I get up to go to the bathroom, I put it on. The only thing is when I got this, I walked across the bedroom floor and this voice spoke to me and I didn’t know what it was. It scared me. I thought somebody was in my house with me but they don’t do that anymore. I wish that everybody could get something like Philip Lifeline. I have recommended it to friends. I don’t know if they’ve listened to me or not and not everybody has this but they should, especially old people like me. I don’t want to be without it.

Philips Lifeline response

Jean, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are happy that you are satisfied with your service, and wear your button, it is waterproof so you can wear it all the time. Please be well and take care!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

The Philips Lifeline button is on my property if I should fall or if I need help. When I check in with them once a month, I push the button and talk to somebody. I tell them I’m okay and just checking the button to make sure it’s okay. I have only used the button three times in the last six years and it was been going well. But now, they’re treating it differently and I have been a little annoyed with them for the last year. I have also recommended them in the past but right now, I would not.

I was told by somebody I talked to that if I leave the house, I’m supposed to take my button off. So even if I’m going to a doctor’s appointment for two hours, I should take it off and leave it by the machine. But I wear the button always so I’m not going to do that. Then, when I was out of town for a week, I wore my button but the machine was at home. They called and left me a message on my phone because I was not responding to my button and they wanted to know where I was. They are not my babysitter and it is almost like they are trying to tell me what I can do and what I can’t do. I called them about it and everybody I talked to gave me a different and conflicting answer. Somebody is getting things fouled up. I have been very unsatisfied and I’m about ready to switch to another company that doesn’t bug me if I leave the house. I’m not going to be house-bound.

Philips Lifeline response

Betty, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are sorry for any frustration you have had, we will pass this along to our Customer service department so someone can follow up with you. If you want immediate service please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you have about your products. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I have a hard time getting around. I have to use a walker and I’ve had a heart attack and so many surgeries. And so, getting Philips Lifeline was the best way for me to go. I make sure that my device is around my neck before I get up from out of bed in the morning. I wear it every day, and it’s part of my dress. I’ve had to use it several times. I have fallen several times, and I couldn’t get up. So, now they know me by name and they want to know if I have fallen. They take care of me, and I’ve had another company trying to get me to sign up with them, but I’m satisfied with Lifeline. I would tell friends that they couldn't go wrong by signing up for it.

Philips Lifeline response

Betty, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with your service, and we appreciate that you recommend us as well. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I'm 94 years old. I'm also alone in the house all day with a pit bull and if I fall, nobody's here to help me. So I’m glad I have Philips Lifeline because I have fallen so many times. When I hit the button, they picked up right away. Then I had to call the ambulance a couple of times to go to the hospital and they were on time. Sometimes, when I'm cleaning, I'd hit the cord and they'd pick up anyway. They're right on the money and I would 100% recommend them.

Philips Lifeline response

Matilda, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are here for you 24 hours a day 7 days a week, if you need help please always press your button. Please be well, safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I got Lifeline through the Red Cross when I was out there volunteering years ago. I'm now 92 years old and I live alone. I had a slight heart attack last year, a new heart valve, and aortic valve a year before that, so I'm a little unsteady on my feet lately. I heard about the new Philips Lifeline that if I fall and get knocked out then that thing's supposed to pick it up and let their team know. I have that now and it is a security. Though, I haven't had an opportunity, and hope I won't have to, to find out if it works.

I wear the device around my neck with the help button hanging around my belly button. I had a bracelet all the years before but they said this is where it's supposed to be, near my heart. My son was talking to them a couple of weeks ago and told them that I wanted a bracelet, but they said that it wasn't available yet and that they were going to have to work on it. It would also cost more, so I said no because I didn’t want any more cost. But besides that, I would recommend Philips Lifeline anytime.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service Shirley. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

My son purchased the Philips Lifeline, and if I didn't have this device, I'd be on the floor a lot of times. I wear the help button every day and I sleep with it too. I only talk to one of their reps when I'm trying to get off the floor and they respond quickly since they're just a couple of blocks from where I live.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service Myrtle. We are happy that you wear your button all the time. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

My mother has had Philips Lifeline for a long time. My brother set her up for it for our family's peace of mind. She feels more confident and independent since she has had the medical alert. We do a monthly test and their team is very nice and understanding. Within a minute, the reps answered after a couple of rings. My mother wears the device around her neck. It seems to be working and she’s happy, so we’re happy.

Philips Lifeline response

Steve, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Mothers Philips Lifeline service. We are so glad to hear that you are all happy with the service. Our best to you and your family, take care!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

The Philips Lifeline medical alert device always makes me feel safe. I’ve had it for several years and it’s something I’m supposed to have and I don’t pay attention to it. I don’t even notice I’ve got it on and that’s how it’s supposed to be. But so far, it’s always on hand when I call them. I’d recommend it.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline service Edna. We are so glad to hear that you wear the button all the time and find it comfortable. Take care!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I liked to have something that I can get help when I need it since I live alone and I'm not well. Philips Lifeline has helped me feel more confident and independent. I wear the button around my neck and it's comfortable. I always test it on the first day of the month. It takes them about three minutes to respond and I'm fine with it. Their reps were very nice. I had to go to emergency last year and I was able to use the button for it.

Philips Lifeline response

Vivian, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you may have. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

A relative needed a medical alert device since she's having a little trouble walking around and she's by herself at night. She wears Philips Lifeline around her neck even at night time. It would automatically alert if she was to fall or anything. It's a good thing since people can't be there for others all the time.

Philips Lifeline response

Ella, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about the Philips Lifeline service for your relative. We are glad the service is working out for her. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I’m going to be 97 years old and I live up here in Martinsburg but my only child lives down in Reston, which is an hour and 15 minutes away. I got a Philips Lifeline device for safety reasons in case I fall. I’ve had it for several years already and I call in around the 25th of every month to check if it’s doing all right. One time, I fell out of the carport and they just sent my neighbor next door. He came over and I was all right. But the second time, I leaned over to get something out of the refrigerator and couldn’t get up. I didn’t have the device around my neck so I had to crawl to the middle of the house to get a phone that was down low enough that I could call 911.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

My mom's unit battery isn't charging. We called the local Lifeline repair support Saturday mid afternoon was told by repair guy if the call center isn't getting notice from unit then battery fine. Well it's not the necklace is dead and won't charge. Local repair closed till Monday. What good is the unit if you can't get 24 hour repair if have issue so now my mom is alone could fall hit her head and die because she couldn't get to the main box to press the button. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Customer service FAIL.

Philips Lifeline response

Kim, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, we are sorry for your frustration. We will forward your information to our Customer Service department so someone can follow up with you. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service department at 1-800-635-6156 M-F 8am-8:30pm ET and Sat 10am-4pm ET. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I had to sell my house since I was falling, and I had been in the basement in three years, so it was time to get a medical alert device. I had different medications and it affected my equilibrium. I’m going to be 89 years old and I fell three times within a five-year period. The first time I fell, I already got the Philips Lifeline and I’ve used it a couple of times and have had good results with it.

I had a hip replaced. When I went to the doctor, he told me not to fall, but that happened when I came home. I used the Philips Lifeline at that time. They came, were very fast to respond and went down to the basement, got me my walker so I could get around again. They were very friendly and very helpful to me when they came and got me different stuff. I wear the device all the time, even when I take a shower. I hang it up and pin it on the shower curtain. The help button is comfortable. I feel more secure knowing that I got the Philips Lifeline device.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service Florence.We are glad that you feel secure with the service. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Philips Lifeline has been really good. I've had the device for quite a while and it has served me very well. I’ve had nine falls and when I fell the fourth time, my great-granddaughter Arianne decided that I needed it. I knew about the device because I'd seen advertisements, and I was going to take it myself but then my great-granddaughter came and said, “Grandma, I'm taking out Lifeline for you because I'm worried about you falling and not anybody being there.”

I had two bad falls last year where I used the button and ended up in emergency. My son was here and I thought my bathroom door was closed but it wasn’t, so when I leaned up against it to do something, I fell backwards. I fell flat on my back and hit my head on the floor. Then on the 25th of August, I was lying in bed and I forgot I was on there, so when the phone rang, I reached like how I would do when I'm sitting in my chair. I rolled off between the bed, the wall and a nightstand. I was trapped and in agony. Philips Lifeline’s response time was great. I couldn’t ask for anything better.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service Ruby. We are so sorry to hear you were falling so much, but we are glad that you pressed your button for help when you needed us. Please be well, safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

We heard Philips Lifeline is a good company and we got a device in case I fall. I keep it around my neck at all times and I feel safe. Everything is going fine and the reps talk to me well. I had very good service, and I like it.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

My mother is a hundred and three years old and she lives by herself so she needs a medical alert device. She also fell several times before she ever got one. She had the Philips Lifeline for four years now. So far, it fits fine and she felt a lot safer with it. She wears it around her neck and she keeps it in a pocket on her blouse, and she keeps it on at night as well. And even though she fell a few times while she had it, the buttons went off and the Philips team called to tell me that something has happened. I told them I would get to it since I'm about five minutes away from my mother's house. And then, they checked back to make sure everything was okay.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Mothers Philips Lifeline service Barbra. We are so glad that we can be there for you and your mom. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

We got the Philips Lifeline for my 95-year-old grandmother. She wears the device around her neck and it gives us some sense of security. When we call in, they're quick to respond and when the equipment goes bad, they're quick to send out another unit. She had an emergency some time ago where she interacted with the Philips Lifeline team. When that was happening, it seemed like it took a long time for someone to answer. I was worried about her but everything worked out well. Overall, we are satisfied with Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline response

Teresa, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Grandmothers Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you have. Our best to all of you, and take care!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

When I was losing my balance, I decided that we should have a medical alert device. Philips Lifeline is good. I know that I have it and it’s there. I wear it and always sleep with it every day. When I move and it hits the table or something while wearing it, their team calls me back. My friends see me hanging it so I tell them that it’s just to help me when I need any help.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I went to my local Philips Lifeline person a long time ago and asked them to give me the machine. It was supposed to beep automatically when I fall and I was satisfied with it, until Philips Lifeline told me that it wasn’t going to work. They knew about it which is a major problem on their hands because a lot of people have one, but it took them a long time to send the letter which said that they are working on it. Also, I have it around my neck 24/7 and it's a bad nuisance. On the other hand, I called them once and their team was very good and full in their responses. It's perfectly fine if it works and it's now a matter of when they're going to deliver.

Philips Lifeline response

Anne, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

My experience with Philips Lifeline has been good so far. Their team has been very pleasant. I wear the help button around my neck and I forget it's there. I broke my neck once and it did what it was supposed to do right away. However, it has gone off a couple of times when I haven't pushed it and the police even came. It also goes offline because it didn't go off and didn't do what it was supposed to when I was a few feet in front of my house, in my driveway. Philips Lifeline told us that they know what was happening and they're even discounting. People have talked to me about it because they were thinking of getting another one. I have to pay more to get one if I'm away from the house. Right now, we're still waiting for the right device and I'll like them when they give me it.

Philips Lifeline response

Dorothy, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We will pass this along to our Customer service department so someone can follow up with you. If you want immediate service please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Please be well and take care!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I got a medical alert system and it is nice to have that assurance. I got a medical problem with my lymph nodes and when I needed help once, Philips Lifeline came really handy. I pushed the button and I got someone. I told them that I needed someone to come and help me. I got two family members they can call so they did. My neighbor came over and helped me then another elderly who came to help me took me to the hospital and saved my life. It seemed, however, that Philips Lifeline was slow in answering -- it was not their very best. Still, I like it. Having it is a good idea for someone who is at home alone.

Philips Lifeline response

Floyd, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Please be well and take care!

Philips Lifeline Company Information

www.lifeline.philips.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use