2. Medical Alert Systems
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.59/5

Philips Lifeline was the first to provide a personal alert service in North America and has remained the leading medical alert service in the U.S. At the press of a button, we enable fast, dependable, around-the-clock access to a Trained Care Specialist based in North America, who can respond quickly and dispatch the help you need. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology, available with both our in-home and mobile systems, features smart sensors that can identify most falls and quickly notify a Trained Care Specialist – even if you are unable to press the help button. Since 1974, more than 7.5 million people have counted on Philips Lifeline medical alert systems – and more than 200,000 healthcare professionals have recommended them.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009

Philips Lifeline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

The Philips Lifeline device is a little awkward and heavy to be wearing around the neck all the time. It's too big and it's just sometimes uncomfortable. Other than that, the reps are fine when they check the system.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Having my Philips Lifeline makes me feel safe 'cause I live alone and I'm getting older. My device hangs on the lamp next to me where I sit all day. I don't go that far away from it. When I push the button to call and talk to somebody from Philips to check-in, the reps have always been very thoughtful.

Philips Lifeline response

Evelyn, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience. We are glad you feel safe having your service. Just so you know the button is made to be worn all the time for your safety. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

My kids thought I should have a medical alert device after my knee surgeries. I had a device through my hospital and then they went out and Philips took it over. The only idea was this is not local and I don't know if I feel comfortable with that. I was used to having local, like the hospital, which is nearby that would pick up when they tested it or something. But I'm sure it would be fine if I had to use it. I've had a couple of times when I hit it and was outside doing some gardening or something. They would call or the neighbors would come over and ask if I'm okay and I'd say that I'm fine.

Philips Lifeline response

Gloria, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions about your service, we want you to feel comfortable. Please be well, and take care.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Philips Lifeline is wonderful to have. It was suggested to me because I have bad hips and I've had fallen a couple of times. I had to use it one time a while ago. I was having chest pain. Philips Lifeline's response was good.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I like the button, but it's only good around the house. Other than that, I feel safer with Philips Lifeline. I appreciate that they call once a month, usually around the beginning of the month, to see that they can hear me and that the device is working properly.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience Vivian. We are glad you feel safer having your button. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions. Please take care.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Humana referred me to Philips Lifeline and so far, things have been going well with me and them. With the device, I feel more secure that if I fall when I'm by myself or when my husband is at work, I have it.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience Angela. We are glad you feel more secure with your service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

My kids wanted me to have the device. I’m 92 years old. I was well up in the 80’s when I got it. It is just for their peace of mind. They're the ones who got Philips Lifeline. My husband passed away five years ago. Before that, I didn't need it. There was somebody always around. I asked how come they got one that doesn't work when you go away, and they said, “Because you’re never without your cell phone, mom. You can dial 911 just as easily.” I said, “You’re right.” That was the end of that. That was my only question when they got one that was only good here. It didn’t work one time, and they had to send me another one, and I had to return the one I had. That was all. I wear it and that’s it.

I have no complaints except that one thing that was humorous was, one day Philips Lifeline called and my alert was ringing. I was sitting in the recliner watching television. I had four phone calls. And then, my son called because they called him. I said, “I haven't moved from sitting here in the recliner.” Two days later, I was trying to pick up something in the bathroom, and I stayed on the floor and couldn't get up. I thought I could. I finally got my son to come over here and get me up. I said, “It was two days or three days before that they had called. All these calls and I was just sitting in the recliner.” I was so close to the floor when I went down but it didn’t set the device off. That was funny. I decided I didn't want to have the Fire Department and everything here just because I can't get up. It's stupid. But I have had no complaints. I’ve had the device for years and years now.

Philips Lifeline response

Harriet, we are so sorry for the loss of your husband, and we thank you for taking the time to share this review with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience. We are glad you wear your button, and you and your family have the added peace of mind. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any concerns, or questions. Please take care.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

A woman who worked for me told me that the woman whom she used to work for used Philips Lifeline and was happy. However, I haven't been happy at all. I use mine all the time. A couple of weeks ago, I was lying on the floor and I used my device to call and I got a response. However, I still hate the device as it has been charging now for 36 hours and the button is still blinking. I've called Philips four or five times now and the reps have told me that they're gonna send me another one. Right now, I don't know if I want them to do that. I'm so aggravated and I'm ready to rip everything apart. I wouldn't recommend this.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience Pauline. We are very sorry for your frustration, and we will have someone reach out to you from our Customer Service department to further address your concerns. Please be well, and take care.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I have not had to use my Philips Lifeline but it would be fine if I have to. It helps them to know that I've got something I can get ahold of. I'm very satisfied with it.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience Opal. We are glad you are satisfied with your service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I feel secure with my Philips Lifeline which my insurance company told me to get. I have it in case I need it 'cause I spend a lot of time by myself. When I test the device, their team responds in a minute. I'm satisfied with that timeframe. I'm never far from my Philips.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience Linda. We are glad you feel more secure with your service.Please be well, safe, and take care.

Philips Lifeline Company Information