Learn More Learn More
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.61/5
Learn More

Philips Lifeline was the first to provide a personal alert service in North America and has remained the leading medical alert service in the U.S. At the press of a button, we enable fast, dependable, around-the-clock access to a Trained Care Specialist based in North America, who can respond quickly and dispatch the help you need. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology, available with both our in-home and mobile systems, features smart sensors that can identify most falls and quickly notify a Trained Care Specialist – even if you are unable to press the help button. Since 1974, more than 7.5 million people have counted on Philips Lifeline medical alert systems – and more than 200,000 healthcare professionals have recommended them.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
View More View More

Philips Lifeline Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 29, 2020

I was told by the doctors that I needed a medical alert device. One time, I lost my Lifeline and then I called for another one. I needed to get a refund because I had to pay $50 extra in order to get the new one. They said if I found the old one, then I would get a refund and it took a while. Other than that, it's all good.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I’m 90 years old and I’m by myself all day. I wear my Philips Lifeline everyday. I got it around my neck. I feel safer. The first couple of years, I must have had 20 calls and they were right here. They were fast.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience Gloria. We are glad you wear your button, have used it when you needed it, and feel safer having the service all the time. Please be well, and take care.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I have vertigo and I've had Philips Lifeline for three years in case I needed it. My daughter wanted me to use it because I live by myself.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I lived by myself and I wanted to be able to call in an emergency. I got the Lifeline and used it when I had fallen. The last time I used it, the police came. They were pretty quick. I have since moved to a retirement center. I've had the Lifeline for years and it's easy to use. The only defect is that it doesn’t go any further than the inside of the home.

Philips Lifeline response

Gwen, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience. We are glad you wear your button. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service department for questions at 1-800-635-6156. Please take care.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I’ve used my medical alert device several times and they come quick. I’ve fallen about seven times and I’d get hurt every time I’d fall. I live by myself and they saved my life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: March 26, 2020

I don't use Philips Lifeline very often, but when I do, it’s excellent. When I tripped in the yard and I fell under the bushes, I couldn’t talk to anybody, but I was close enough to the machine so that I could push the button. The first thing they did was to call my neighbor next door and said to see how I was doing. He came over instantly, which was wonderful. As soon as he got me up, I went in the house and called. I was safe. That was the kind of service I got from them and I’m so happy. In the beginning, they used to say that I have to call in once a month. But after a few years, I stopped. There was no need to call in and tell them that my machine was good.

I like that Philips Lifeline comes from Boston because I love New England and that’s important to me. I got it in 2005 and I’ve been happy all these years. Moreover, I can’t believe that they have not raised the sum from $40.66 all these years. It’s fantastic because a lot of the elderly can’t afford an expensive one. For that price, the service they give is absolutely exceptional.­ I appreciate everything. I always tell all of my friends in New England, “Don’t go anywhere else. You pay in Boston, and Philips Lifeline comes from Massachusetts. Some of them call me and ask if I still like Philips Lifeline and I say, “Definitely." And they order.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for providing this review to us about your Philips Lifeline Experience Frieda. We are glad you wear your button, and used it when you needed it. We are glad that you are happy with your service. Thank you for recommending us as well. Please be safe, and take care.

Original review: March 26, 2020

I wear my device all the time and I have had some problems. It goes off a lot of times when I’m in bed, if I turn over. Sometimes, it gets stuck between my breasts and it goes off as well. I fell recently, and I can’t get up off the floor. I got ahold of my son and how I got to a phone, I will never know. I’m on **, and I bled. I had to replace three rooms of carpeting. They said there was nothing wrong with me. My medical alert device never went off and the company didn’t call my neighbor or my son. I asked if they reset my device and I couldn’t get any place with them. They left town, and I called down and told them good riddance. That's how dissatisfied I am.

I also fell six months ago, and my device kicked in then the ambulance was here five minutes. They put me back to bed. I didn’t have to go to the hospital but when I get down on the floor, I can’t get up. I’ve been having a lot of trouble with my balance. I had them again a month ago as well. My neighbor has a key and he unlocked the door. Otherwise, they have to look for it on my grill out there because I know they’ll break the door down and I don't want them to do that. They came right away. They reset my device too and I know because I asked them.

Philips Lifeline response

Marjorie, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience. We are glad you wear your button, and are sorry for your frustration. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service department for any questions or concerns at 1-800-635-6156. Please be well, and take care.

Original review: March 25, 2020

My next-door neighbor wears Philips Lifeline all the time. It’s great and she's very happy with it. She falls occasionally on the floor and then she can’t get up. With the device, she can call. In fact, her doctor told her to call if she’s in that situation and can’t get up. One time, the phone was off the hook and I had to reset the device. All in all, we're very satisfied.

Philips Lifeline response

Janice, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Neighbors Philips Lifeline Experience. We are glad to hear that she is happy, and you are all satisfied with the service. Our best to all of you, please be well, and take care.

Original review: March 24, 2020

My son got Philips Lifeline for me and had it put in. I live alone and I wear it when I go out to the post office or wherever I have to walk. Also, I have an upstairs bath and I always bring it up when I’m gonna take a bath. About six months ago, I was out in the yard picking up twigs, and I bumped it on the fence. It went off and when I got back in the house, they were on speaker phone wanting to know if I had fallen then I told them I just bumped it.

Original review: March 24, 2020

The only thing was that sometimes, I would go out to the doctor and the Lifeline would make a noise. And when they would look, the ambulance would be here looking for me. It happened twice and they gave me a new pin round my neck. Then, a couple of days ago, the reset one was making noise. I called and they checked it out. It's okay now.

Philips Lifeline Company Information