4.69/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline is the leading medical alert service in the U.S.. The Philips Lifeline medical alert service gives you fast, easy access to a trained response associate to request the help you want - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology automatically calls for help if a fall is detected – even if you are unable to push the help button. Over 7 million Americans have counted on Philips Lifeline to feel safe at home or on the go.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

2322 Philips Lifeline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I've had Philips Lifeline since 2015 after I broke my hips. My kids told me that I had to have it. I fix mine on my wrist and I'm not too fond of that since it's in the way and there have been a couple of times that it’s been dropped and activated. When the thing is pushed accidentally, they’re right there to find if I’m okay. Their customer service team were courteous. It's $26 a month but I’ve been wondering if there are some that are cheaper.

Philips Lifeline response

Anora, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us. We are glad that you wear your Philips Lifeline button. Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 if you have any questions or concerns. The hours of operation are M-F 8am-8:30pm ET and Sat 10am-4pm ET. Please take care.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Philips Lifeline makes me feel safer. They'd save my life and I've probably been dead without them. I was afraid I'd get sick and my daughter can't talk. I had a stroke and didn't realize that I had one, and my daughter's the one that knows to get the device and push it when I had the stroke.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us Mary. We are glad that you feel safer having your Philips Lifeline Service. Please be well and take care.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Philips Lifeline is fantastic. I fell and they were concerned about me because the rep called back to see if somebody got here to help me get up from the floor. That put an impression on us and I've had no problems every time they had to come out. I wear the help button around my neck and I feel better and more comfortable with it.

Philips Lifeline response

Sara, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide a review to us. We are glad to hear you feel better and more comfortable with your Philips Lifeline Service. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I live by myself, and I have a cane and a walker. I had a bad fall and then my niece got the Philips Lifeline for me. She helped me get it all straightened out. I’ve had it for about seven years and I've had good luck with that. I haven't fallen in a long time. I call in the first of every month to have it checked. They ask if I need help and I’d say it was just time to check it. And they’ve changed my Lifeline one-time. About a year ago, I called them about the thing that’s put around the neck. The thing kept beeping, and then the manual thing was not beeping, it kept flashing the red light. So they sent me a new one.

I feel a little more secure knowing I have it. They have the main thing here hooked up to my phone. And then, the thing I wear around my neck, it only goes in the house and around. If I fall or if I push it to check, their team comes on the line. And then if I've had fallen, they called and had the ambulance come here. And if they helped me up, it depends as whether how bad I fell, if I needed to go to the hospital, then they take me to the hospital. The Philips Lifeline works for me, so I hope that it works for other people. I’d recommend it.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking time to provide a review to us, Delores.We are happy to hear that you feel more secure having your Philips Lifeline Service. We are glad you have used your button when you needed help, and thank you for letting us know that you would recommend us.Take care!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I live alone and I’m in my 80s. My brother who passed away lived across the street at the time, but he would stand there and pace back and forth not knowing what to do in an emergency. I got some mailings from Philips Lifeline which I kept and I figured it was time for me to get one and I’m glad I did. I got it three weeks ago. When they set me up, it went smoothly. I got the stuff and read through it.

Back in 2012, when I was going inside the church, I fell. I was walking and I’ve done it every Sunday but on this particular Sunday, my foot stopped on the asphalt just before the sidewalk and it wasn’t even. So when I took the step and I wanted to bring my other leg with me, it wasn’t going anywhere because I hit the rise of the sidewalk and I fell and broke my hip, so now I use a walker. If I had my Philips Lifeline, I think it would have prevented it.

I haven’t used the device, but it’s there if I need it. But, I must've done something because right away, a lady answered and started talking to me. I told her it was just accidental and she thought I had an accident. She asked me where I fell but I told her I accidentally pressed the button. They are ever on their toes and I was amazed. I’m pleased with everything and although most of my friends have their family with them, if I know that they’re alone, they have to try it. It’s a precautionary measure but I hope I never need it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I fell once before and knowing that anything can happen anytime I can say Philips Lifeline is more of an assurance. At least I know I can always get to that button in case something happens to me. The only thing is when I'm home I'm okay but when I'm away I'm not protected. But since I bought it two years ago, things have been going smoothly. With the way the device is designed it also doesn't let you make that false move like pressing it against your body. The people there are also friendly and I really think that they're for me.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking time to provide a review to us Alferedo. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any product questions, the hours are Mon-Fri 8am-8:30pm ET and Sat 10am-4pm ET. Be well and take care!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I had a stroke and I had fallen several times. My husband's retired and he usually stays with me. But he also likes to get out sometimes and Philips Lifeline gave him the freedom to get out knowing that I was going to be cared for. I also feel more comfortable knowing that when I’m alone, I’ve got a back-up. My husband is first of the back-ups and my two girls are the second and the third. I thought they would never get called upon, but they had to call the paramedics. And so I learned that that worked too. Also, customer service had been more than adequate although I don’t carry on conversations very well since my strokes.

Philips Lifeline response

Barbara, Thank you so much for taking time to provide a review to us.We are glad to hear that you feel more comfortable being alone having your Philips Lifeline Service. Be well and take care!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

They insisted I get a Philips Lifeline after I fell several years ago. I was in the house by myself and I had to wait for my daughter to come home from work. I feel definitely more safe having Philips Lifeline. I wear it around my neck and when I'm in bed at night, I'm rolling around with it, but it's comfortable. I have called several times when certain things happened and they were very prompt. It was like calling 911. They asked me what the problem was, I told them, and they said they would get someone here right away which they did. I have no complaints about the service. They do a good job. I'm very satisfied with them and would recommend them to anyone else.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking time to provide a review to us Marion. We are glad to hear that you feel safer having your Philips Lifeline Service, are satisfied and find it comfortable. Thank you for also letting us that you would recommend us as well, we appreciate that, please take care!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I had a stroke over six years ago. I was home alone and decided to get a medical alert device. A friend recommended the Philips Lifeline. I like that I have it. I have it centrally-located so I can hear it. When I push the button, I can get service and they’re able to hear me. Their representatives have been good. I’d recommend it but it would be nice if it was cheaper. There’s an upgrade but it’s very expensive to make it usable with the cellphone. They offer a different button that I could try if I’m away from home and it would work.

Philips Lifeline response

Joseph, Thank you for taking time to provide a review to us. We are glad to hear that you use your Philips Lifeline Service when you need it and that you would recommend it as well. Please be well and safe!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I got new hearing aids and if I have them on, my phone conversations come over the Philips Lifeline system and I can be heard throughout the whole house. It happened again today and I didn’t have my hearing aids on. I hollered up to my son upstairs if he could hear me up there and he said, “Loud and clear.” I called Philips Lifeline two and a half weeks ago and complained about it. The rep fixed it within two minutes but now it’s starting up again. I used the Philips Lifeline one time when I had a heart attack and it worked great. I was very appreciative that night. The fellas in the ambulance came and got me out of here fast. I want my medical alert device fixed and stay fixed or I could get rid of it and just call 911 on my phone.

Philips Lifeline response

Alice, Thank you for taking time to provide a review to us. We are glad to hear that you used your Philips Lifeline Service when you needed it. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns. Please be well and safe!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The Philips Lifeline team called me a couple of times to check the device. Once, they woke me up out of a deep sleep. They’re checking to see if I’m still alive and kicking. I have the device that hangs around my neck and they replaced it once but this one is too long and I am not able to adjust and clean it. The cord is a stiff type of coating material. I’m satisfied but I wouldn’t recommend it. It's too expensive and now I’m told that Medicare pays for such a device.

Philips Lifeline response

Jeanette, Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us. We are glad you are satisfied with your Philips Lifeline Service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns, the hours are Mon-Fri 8am-8:30pm ET and Sat 10am-4pm ET. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I’ve had Philips Lifeline ever since I had a stroke. Having it gives me more confidence and makes me feel safer. I’ve tested the button and their reps responded almost immediately. I wear the device on my walker so that it’s within my reach at all times. I feel good having Philips Lifeline and I would recommend it to anybody.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking time to provide a review to us, Carolyn. We are glad to hear that you feel safer and more confident with your Philips Lifeline Service. Thank you for letting us know you would recommend it as well. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I'm 98 years old and I've had Philips Lifeline for years. I wear it around my leg and so far, it's been good. I haven't had any trouble with it.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Philips Lifeline is the first help button I’ve used. It’s easy to carry around and use. I would recommend it to my friends.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I wear my Philips Lifeline around my neck and it’s just something that’s there if I need it. I like it this way. We tested the button when we set it up and the reps were very courteous and very patient. I had to press my button numerous times and they would still nod.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

My mother has got Parkinson’s disease, a bad back, and dementia. She’s got very little bit of life into her anymore. Sometimes she wears Philips Lifeline around her hand and sometimes she doesn't because her mind doesn't have a lot of memory in it anymore. This past summer she needed the device to call a rescue squad because her blood pressure went really low. I worry about the elderly people all the time and I've also told my aunt who is about 83 years old that she ought to get one in case something happens to her because her son who lives with her passed away.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I needed some help around the house and got a Philips Lifeline. Sometimes, I get dizzy and that’s when I wear it around my neck and it’s very comfortable. At times, some of my grandkids accidentally set it off when they fooled with it and they came. Everything is fine. It’s a lifesaver and it’s very good to have.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I've had cancer for 12 years and it's affecting my right leg so I'm handicapped and I have a Philips Lifeline medical alert device. I can't move very well and I'm scared of falling. The children and I feel more secure since using Philips Lifeline. It serves its purpose and my daughter who lives behind me will be alerted if I fall. But it doesn't reach out far enough like when I go out to church or other places so I would like to have it upgraded.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for choosing our service, and we are glad to hear you feel more secure. Please feel free to call our Customer Service Team at 1-800-635-6156 if you're interested in learning about our other products.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

My mom lives with us and we felt better with her having the Philips Lifeline when we were not at home. She's 97 years old and there are times when she's here by herself. We've had it for a year and it's been good. She doesn't like wearing it, but when we're out she will put it on. I don't make her wear it when we're at home though. She's accidentally hit it twice and Philips Lifeline as called, so I have had to talk to them. They were good. Their response time was immediate. We bought two of them, one for my mom and one for my mother-in-law. My mother-in-law would not wear hers and sent it back. However, I would feel more comfortable if she wore it because she's 91 and lives by herself.

Philips Lifeline response

Linda, Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts in regards to the Philips Lifeline Service your family has! We are glad you feel better leaving your Mom since she has the service, and she will wear the button when she is home alone. We are sorry that your Mother in Law would not wear the button. Thank you again for taking the time to share with us. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I'm getting older and the boys thought I needed a medical alert. I've had Philips Lifeline for years and I wear a kind of necklace which doesn't bother me and I feel safe with. I wouldn't give it up for anything and it has worked real good every time I've needed it. I've used it several different times because I fell or I had a stroke. Then the reps I've talked to were real nice. I'm very satisfied with Philips Lifeline and I've recommended it to several of my friends.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline Service Mildred. We are glad to hear that having the service makes you feel safe, and you are satisfied. Please be well and safe!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I have multiple sclerosis so my parents got me a Philips Lifeline. There's a couple of times when I've accidentally thrown the device down and that was a false reading but somebody thought something had happened to me and there was an immediate response. It was a good experience.

Philips Lifeline response

Gina,Thank you for taking time to provide this review to us in regards of your Philips Lifeline Service, we really appreciate it. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I kept falling so I needed Philips Lifeline to get some help. I wear it on my neck all the time except when I put on my bra because it gets tangled up. I don’t have to charge it as they send batteries when they're running low. I’m legally blind so my daughter reactivates it for me. When I first got it, my cat got on my lap and somehow pushed the button. They told me to turn it backwards so my cat can't push the button. Since using Philips Lifeline, I feel a little more secure and I wouldn’t be here if it weren't for them. My brother found me unconscious one time not long ago and he pushed the button and got me help. They said that if he hadn’t gotten here when he did, I would have died. I had also passed out another time and when I woke up, I pushed the button. They called my name and I was able to talk with them. It didn't take long for the medics and the ambulance to come. They also called my daughter and she got them in here.

Philips Lifeline response

We are sorry to hear about these events, but really glad we could be there for you when you needed us. Please take care and stay well!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I do not want to fall that is why I got Philips Lifeline. I’m 86 years old and I’m fairly in pretty good condition other than having cancer, which is in remission. I'm alone all day, using a walker in the house - my daughter lives with me, but she works. I once had it around my neck for a while, but I decided to go with the wristband. The device is fine, but I need a strap on my wrist that stick together. Also, I would like for it to be a little cheaper.

Philips Lifeline response

Eleanor, Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline Service. Please do not ever hesitate to contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you may have. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I heard a lady say she heard someone break into her house and she set her medical alert device off and they ran away. I thought that was a good idea and I got the Philips Lifeline more for that than anything else but now that my balance is getting worse, it’s a comfort to know that if I land in the middle of the floor, I’m not going to die there. I’ve actually had this thing for close to 12 years now, pretty close after my husband died. I was always alone and the Philips Lifeline was a great comfort to me.

For the longest time, I wore it inside my bra with the button side facing my bra ‘cause that’s the flat side. But one of the ladies I talked to said that may not be such a good idea. She said it wouldn't be able to tell if I fell and even though I don't have that on this anyway, I stopped wearing it in my bra and let it hang. That’s also when I had started having false alarms.

When I was breaking up some boxes, the corner of the box set it off. I heard the boop, boop, boop and I realized what I was doing. Another time, I did something else that set it off. It beeped and beeped then it said that the first alert has been activated. Someone would come on, which I could hear through the whole house, and ask if I'm having a problem. I apologized because I felt terrible. It’s like pulling the false alarm at school but everything is very nice as long as you are right. I realized if you have it hanging around your neck, you should wear it with the back side out. I also have asthma and I usually puff on my nebulizer but then I wouldn't hear the television so I jack the television all the way up. But if I forget to turn it down, they wouldn't be able to hear me because of the television. When that happened, they kept right on talking. They did not forget me and got me help.

I never take the device off except when I get out of the tub and even then I put it on one of the knobs of the vanity and if I should fall, it’s right there. I wear it even when I take a shower but that thing would be dripping wet. I always squeeze it between my fingers and the towel to get the water out of it so that by the time I’m dressed, I can put it back on again. I broke the cord to it though and they replaced this one.

When you’re always alone and you don’t work anymore, you don’t have any kind of schedule that people can count on you for. So if they don’t see you, they don’t even realize it. I told my brother to get one of these. He’s got money and if I can afford it, he can afford it. Plus, they even got these now where you can you have it with you and you can travel all over the place.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking time to provide a review to us in regard to your Philips Lifeline Service,Etteliese. We are so sorry for the loss of your husband. Please never worry about sending a false alarm, we are just glad when you are ok, that is our only concern. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I had a stroke so I got a Philips Lifeline. I've pushed the button by accident and everything went fine with their team. I wear the device around my neck and it's easy to use and comfortable. It's been a great experience.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

When you're 94, you're not terrified. You're used to a lot of things. One night when I was showering and I wear the device in the shower, I have a wand that I take off and use to rinse myself and it fell off the seat and I reached down too fast to get it not realizing that it thought I fell and it started talking to me by my bedroom and I'm in the shower and I'm wet and I can't answer it.

So, they sent the fire department. And I have a lockbox on the front door that was given to me by the company and the man couldn’t get it open. And I'm in the bathroom, I'm way in the back of the house, he's in the front. He's trying to get in the door. I'm hard of hearing anyway and I don’t have my hearing aids on because I'm in the shower. And my neighbor saw him struggling. And luckily, I begged her to take a key just in case something happens to me. She came over with the key, they opened the door. The fireman said, “You pushed the button.” I said, "I didn’t. When I lean down to get the wand, it thought I fell." So, with a situation comedy, we could write it and sell it.

Thank God, he didn’t have to break down the door, but I did call the company and tell them that the lockbox wouldn’t open and they said they don’t stand in back to back which disappointed me. I had to call a locksmith and he had to take it off of there and I bought a new one that I paid for. If they give you a lockbox, they should stand in the back of it. It wouldn’t open. They would have had to break down my door which would have cost me over $200. Luckily, my neighbor came forth with the key.

Also I don’t have the kind of like the GPS that you can talk to unless you push the button or if I fall, but if I'm more than 800 feet from my house, it doesn’t pick up if I fall. I don’t go hiking alone or do things alone. I'm in the groups of other people. So, they would know if I fell. So, I don’t pay for the extra part of that because somebody will be there. Right now, I'm waiting for a new battery. I had to call because the red light is flashing on the speaking part in my bedroom and I wondered what's wrong. So, I called and they said that it's low battery on the thing I wear around my neck. And so, when it comes they have to tell me how to activate it. I'm so dumb on those things. I hope I can do it. Things happen in any circumstances. Philips Lifeline help you when you can't consciously push the button. That’s why I would highly recommend it.

Philips Lifeline response

Eleanor, Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline Service.Please do not ever hesitate to contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you may have. Take care!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I have a visual problem so I got a medical alert and my son suggested Philips Lifeline. It's been working okay and it's convenient but only good at the house. It won't work when I go out anywhere so that's one drawback. Also, it's too expensive and they gave me a set amount to pay every month. Still, I got them on the line when I tried to get it tested. It's nice to have Philips Lifeline available.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking time to provide a review to us in regard to your Philips Lifeline Service. Please do not ever hesitate to contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you may have. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I've had real good luck with Philips Lifeline. I am living alone and my two daughters live close by, but now, one is going to be living in Japan for a little while due to her husband’s employment. And then my other daughter has just left for Texas because she went with Toyota. But even before that, my daughters got me the Lifeline because I was living by myself. I, fortunately, have not had to use it, but I have a lady friend that has used it twice because she also lives alone. She said she got the best service. The ambulances were there Johnny on the spot. Prior to all that incident with my friend, my daughters felt that since I was getting up in two years, they did a research on it and decided that Philips Lifeline was one of the best.

I can wear my device into the showers and the bathtub, so it gives me a very big relief. I am thinking of getting it upgraded that I would be able to use it if I'm at a store or somewhere, but right at the moment, I'm very pleased with what I have. There was a couple of times while I was getting out of the shower, and it bumped against the shower door, and right away, there was someone on my callbox asking if I was okay. They were very helpful and courteous, and they wanted to make sure until I reaffirmed them that I was fine. Then they hung up. My daughters were also on the line asking if I was okay because they received a call from Philips.

I feel more secure with my Philips Lifeline. If I should accidentally fall or something, it's within the house and around my yard. I wear it 24/7. The only time I take it off is when I know it's going to be out of range. My daughters also feel secure that I have this if they're not around. I would refer Philips Lifeline and tell my friends about my experience. So far, it's been very good.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

My husband stayed with me, but if he goes out, and I'm here alone, I wouldn't have anybody. If I fell, I couldn’t get up. Also, I walk with a walker all the time. After he died, for a while I was all right. I was working, but then I had to quit because I was afraid to drive. I went to go to work one day and I ended up somewhere I didn’t know where the heck I was. I've had Philips Lifeline for years. My son got me this thing and I wear it around my neck all the time 'cause I'm going to be 98 in November. I wear it underneath my blouse because if I have to go answer the door, and I never know who it is, I wouldn't want them to know that I was here alone.

The Philips Lifeline team is wonderful, too. One day, I wanted to get up out of my chair and I fell. I hit my back on the edge of the couch, and I couldn’t get up. I pushed that button and those guys were here in no time. I was surprised. They got me up, took my blood pressure, and made sure I didn’t have anything broken. I'd recommend Philips Lifeline to anybody if I thought they needed it. The Lifeline is really a lifeline for me. I wouldn't be without it and I feel safe with it.

Philips Lifeline response

We are very sorry for the loss of your Husband. Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline Service Katherine. We are glad to hear that having the service safer. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I had had a few falls. The first time, people had to get somebody to come and knock the door down to get in because I couldn’t get up. The other time, I had given somebody a key. I decided that I needed something where I could call somebody who could get to me because I live alone. I wear the Philips Lifeline around my neck, which is comfortable, and when I do fall, I just press the button and someone gets right on. Not so long ago I fell outside. I didn’t know if the unit would work outside, but it did and help came. They’ve always come through for me so I've been very pleased with it.

Philips Lifeline Company Information