Call toll free
4.64/5
Based on 1,227 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline is the leading medical alert service in the U.S.. The Philips Lifeline medical alert service gives you fast, easy access to a trained response associate to request the help you want - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology automatically calls for help if a fall is detected – even if you are unable to push the help button. Over 7 million Americans have counted on Philips Lifeline to feel safe at home or on the go.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3101 Philips Lifeline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 31, 2018

I fell a couple of times and at that time, my son and daughter work out of town so they got me a Philips Lifeline. Since then, I feel more secure. Their reps were excellent and their response time when I push the button was very good. I wear the device on my neck and so far, it’s all right. After you get used to it, you don’t pay much attention to it. I never take it off. I even shower with in on. So far, my experience with them has been excellent. However, I need some way to lock my house and the medics can still get in. My granddaughter has married a Fire Chief and she was gonna see if she could hide a key out some place and tell them about it. Other than that, I’d recommend it to anybody who has a possibility of falling.

Hello Albert,

Thank you so much for your comments on the Lifeline Service. We're glad to provide you the peace of mind you and your family need as an active, independent senior. I'd also encourage you to contact our service team for information on other services we provide, particularly ways to hide a key for Emergency Services access! We can be reached at 800-635-6156.

Thank you again Albert, and all the best!

Original review: May 31, 2018

My son picked out Philips when I decided to get a medical alert device as I have fallen. Philips Lifeline made me feel safer to a certain extent but I’m very cautious. I have used the alert once and the team responded within four minutes. They were very good.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I went to Florida to visit my sister and I broke my elbow and my shoulder and had to have those replaced. And then I was chasing my daughter’s cat to give her medicine, and I tripped, fell and cracked the other arm. Having Philips Lifeline makes me feel a lot safer and I like it very much. I get up in the morning when there’s nobody here and put it on. Anytime I have to call them, they’re very pleasant people. One time, I pushed the button accidentally and they were right there. I’ve already told eight of my friends about it and they got them too.

Hello Rose,

We're sorry to hear about the unfortunate accidents you've suffered, but glad to hear that our service has given you the confidence you need as an independent senior! And thank you so much for recommending our service to your friends! Take care Rose, and be well.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I'm getting up in age and sometimes I'm alone and wanted to have a little extra security. With Philips Lifeline, I can get some attention if I needed it. The device is okay and if someone asks me about it, I would tell them that I had no problem with it.

Original review: May 30, 2018

My patient has Parkinson's and up until about a year ago, she only had help one day a week. The Philips Lifeline device certainly has helped her. In the past, it was a concern for her accidentally pressing the button and somebody being called in the middle of the night. But, that hasn't been an issue. I would definitely recommend Philips Lifeline.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: May 30, 2018

My mother is at home alone a lot during the day and Philips Lifeline is her protection. The device has been wonderful, and their team has been excellent. She hardly ever notices it and we definitely feel safer with her having it.

Hello Steven,

Thank you for taking the time out to comment on the peace of mind our service has provided you and your family. Our team strives to provide that comfort everyday. All the best to you and your mother. Please take care!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I’m by myself and I feel more secure now that I have Philips Lifeline. Their team responded quickly and I’m solved with my experience with them.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I was falling down and I couldn't help myself up. So, I decided to get a medical alert device. Now that I have a Philips Lifeline, I feel more secure. I've had to press the button about four or five times and their team came right away.

Hello Sylvia,

Thank you for taking the time share your experiences with us since adopting the Lifeline service. We're glad you've been the given the peace of mind you need as an independent senior. All the best Sylvia!!

Original review: May 29, 2018

One of my kids got a Philips Lifeline for me and I wear it around my neck. Their customer service is really nice. They call me once in a while to check and see how I’m doing. Overall, I’m satisfied with it.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I live alone and feel safer by having the Philips Lifeline. I wear it all the time around my neck and it's fairly comfortable. However, I take it off when I leave the house. They're always very nice if I have to talk to them, but last night they called me at 1:30 in the morning and woke me up. They said that they had gotten a signal. I told them I was in bed out cold. They’ve done that before at that time which was very annoying. But they were apologetic about it. I would recommend Philips Lifeline and tell others they're very good and watchful.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I have heard stories about people who fell and were helped by the Philips Lifeline team right away, and my daughter was strongly for it so I went for it. I've had the Philips Lifeline now for about eight years and having it is reassuring. I wear the button around my neck, even at night. When I fell once, their team knew about it. I can’t remember pushing the button so there must have been some message that was sent to them and they sent help. So I would recommend it to my friends and tell them that it is silly not to have one.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I broke my back several years ago and I needed something that I could use to get help if I fall. I have Philips around my neck all the time and it has helped me. It's under my clothes and it hasn't bothered me.

Hello Betty,

Thank you for commenting on the Lifeline Service. We're sorry to hear about the injury you suffered some years ago, but glad you've chosen Lifeline to be your partner in getting you help, should you need it in the future. All the best Betty, and do take care.

Original review: May 28, 2018

The one time when I needed my Philips Lifeline medical alert device, it wasn't working, but that was my fault because I didn't charge it. But since then, everything has been okay. I charge the device once a week and I often make sure that it has been recharged. The team at Philips Lifeline have been fine. At this time, I forget that I've put the device on. But for what I get, the service is highly overcharged. It's costing me $44.95 a month and I haven’t made one call at all in the time that I’ve had it. I’m a senior citizen and that seems like a lot of money, so I’m considering letting it go.

Hello Sheila,

Thank you for commenting. Please call our service team at 800-635-6156 to discuss what other options might be available to you. Please take care Sheila, and all the best.

Original review: May 28, 2018

My children decided I should have a medical alert device because I've had headaches for quite a while even before I had it. I feel safer with my Philips Lifeline quite a bit in case I fall I'm very satisfied with it. It's wonderful. It sure does its job. I'm really happy that I have it and I would tell others to get it.

Original review: May 27, 2018

My son thought I should have a medical alert device. I have Philips and I wear the device around my neck like most of the people do. I used the device once or twice, and the Lifeline team responded soon enough. I'm satisfied so far with Philips Lifeline. It works.

Hello Ray,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. All the best, and be well!

Original review: May 27, 2018

My kids thought that a medical alert device would be wonderful for me to have since I’m by myself. Also, because of my age, I decided to have one. I used the Philips Lifeline accidentally once or twice and I know that when I touch it off, the ambulance would come. Everyday, I take care of the house, cut the lawn, and go back to the farms and look around and I have no problem wearing the button. I got a new button last month and I sent the old one back. It's wonderful to have a Philips Lifeline if you fall. Otherwise, I'd be lying down in a house all day without somebody checking up on me.

Original review: May 27, 2018

My age made me feel like I needed Philips Lifeline. Their reps are very friendly and very polite. I've tested the button from time to time and their response has been really good every time. It’s all been good.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I got something in the mail from Philips and I looked at it. And one time, I had fallen and I turned the mail over to my son-in-law and daughter and they turned it in for me and sent me the bill. I felt pretty secure before, but not long after I had Philips Lifeline, I fell and it worked perfectly. I don’t get around very good, and I had hardly hit the floor until someone asked if I had fallen. I said yes and they said, “We’ll get you help.” And they asked if I could get up and I couldn’t. The device is around my neck, but the buttons irritate my skin and I don’t know whether it’s plastic or nylon.

Original review: May 26, 2018

The one thing that the hospital and the nurses were very concerned about was me falling. When I came out of the hospital, the care unit that I had offered a medical alert device for three months. When I got Philips Lifeline, we tested it and the response was very quick. Although my husband is with me and I've never had to use it since, it's a reassurance that I've got it in the house. However, I felt like I was misled on the rate. I was told it would be $25 a month which was exactly why I kept it because $25 didn't seem so bad. But by the time you put in all the extra little things, it was about $38. When I got my bill, it was that rate which was a far cry from 25.

Hello Arlene,

Thank you for commenting. I've forwarded your concerns to the Philips Lifeline service team, and will have someone reach out to you as soon as possible to address your concerns. Please don't hesitate to call 800-635-6156. Thank you, and take care!

Original review: May 26, 2018

I needed a medical alert device. I got Philips Lifeline and everything had been all right since I started using it.

Philips Lifeline response

Eleanor, Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience. We are glad that you have been alright since having the service. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: May 26, 2018

I’ve been handicapped for a number of years and my health deteriorated. Also, I live alone so I thought it would be best if I have a medical alert device. Now, I have Philips Lifeline and it makes me feel more comfortable in case I wasn’t in proximity to a phone to make an emergency call myself. I have the ability to get help without trying to struggle to get to a phone. I test the button about once every six weeks just to make sure it’s still working. And there had been two occasions where I called for help. Lifeline’s team always responded very much within what would be expected.

I've always had a very good interaction with their reps. I could hear the concern in their voice and I have had a couple of incidences where in the process of dressing, I managed to set off the button inadvertently. They sounded relieved that I was fine and not at all put out because I hit the button when I shouldn’t have. I’ve been very satisfied with my experience with Philips Lifeline. It’s well worth it and I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: May 25, 2018

When we first took out the Philips Lifeline, it was more for my husband who recently passed away. We got it for the both of us but he had Alzheimer’s disease and I thought it’d be a good idea if he had one. And then after he was placed in a facility, I kept it for myself. He set it off several times by mistake in the middle of the night and the response time was very good. One time, I set mine off and I didn’t realize that it was set off. I went to my car and when I got back, the fire department was just leaving my house and they had responded to it. I feel a little more confident with it, especially at night. However, at one point I was doing a little shopping around and I could have gotten another unit that's a bit cheaper. Philips Lifeline said they would meet those prices, and as far as I know, they never did.

Philips Lifeline response

We are so sorry for the loss of your Husband, Diane.Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience. We are so glad that you like having the service and wear you button. Please reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions, we are happy to help. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: May 25, 2018

My caregiver ordered me to have a medical alert device because I live by myself and I have had one for about five years. I wear my Philips Lifeline around my neck and I have no problems with it. I fell once or twice and they called in to my son in California and let him know I had fallen because he called me.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I’ve been very satisfied with Philips Lifeline. I have never had to use it since I’ve had it but it makes me feel safer.

Original review: May 25, 2018

My daughter ordered a Philips Lifeline for me, being 98 years old who lives alone in my own apartment. I have it on when I take the shower, but then I have to take it off and hang it to let it dry and then I put it back on. But I have it on most of the time and I feel safe with it. However, when I go outdoors or if I go shopping, I don’t have it on because it won't do me any good. Nonetheless, it's very comfortable that I don’t even know I have it on sometimes. I would recommend Philips Lifeline.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I'm not young anymore. If I fall and am by myself, I should have a device around my neck that I could push and somebody would come. I wanted to get a device from the hospital but they didn't have any left anymore so I got a Philips lifeline. I'm all by myself so having the device makes me a little bit more independent. But I'm not confident how it would really work if I would have to use it. They call friends first and they call you too. I question if they would really hear me from the speaker if I'm in another room. The thing is if I'm not in the room that has the speaker in it then it's a long roundabout fair to get to having anybody here respond to it. I would have had a much better feeling if I could have had something like a cellphone where I could talk to somebody right away.

I wear my Philips right around my neck all the time. But I don't find that it's helpful. I fell twice and it didn't show that I fell. I was able to get up but I thought that I was paying for something that if I fell, it was going to show. And I had gotten one of the ones that you can speak through. But it was so heavy around my neck and it was so uncomfortable so I sent it back. I'm now back on the regular one again. I'm satisfied but I'm not happy. I would wanna look into other things. Overall, people should look into all devices and see which one seems to be the best.

Philips Lifeline response

Marie, Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience. We want to let you know you can test your button anytime, so you can be comfortable with how the service works. Please reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions, we are happy to help. Please take care!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I ordered a Philips Lifeline and they told me it was on back order. They said that the one they had wasn’t any good and they had to redo them, and I went without it for over month. But I feel great with it on and I never take it off. I push it only when they tell me to push it and they respond right away. It even covered me when I fell in the ditch in front of my house. It automatically went off and my son was here so we cancelled it. It works fine and I have no complaints about it, except for trying to get the buttons replaced.

Philips Lifeline response

Dora, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience. We are sorry for the frustration you had when the button was on backorder. Please reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions, we are happy to help. Please take care!

Original review: May 24, 2018

My sister and I have been taking turns staying with my mom because she’s got a little bit more issues going on. After my sister and I discussed about getting a medical alert device and tried unsuccessfully a year or two before we got the Philips Lifeline, my sister ultimately got it but it was based on our small committee deciding that we needed to move in that direction.

My mom thought she doesn't need the device, so we convinced her to wear it. The times that we have tested it and have accidentally tested it, we’ve been incredibly impressed with how quick the response has been and how helpful and genuinely interested and good listeners the people who answered have been. Every so often, I’d move the unit on the small desk in the kitchen where it is and I’d bump it accidentally, and then we would wind up talking to somebody. We would also try to have my mom press the button and then explain to her what’s going on and why it’s important that she wears it. We're very grateful for the Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline response

Bill, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard to your Mothers Philips Lifeline experience. We are so glad that you like having the service and please feel free to test anytime so your Mother can become more comfortable with how the service works. Our best to you and your family, please be well, and take care!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I've got Parkinson's disease and I live by myself. But with my Philips device, I feel like I have somebody watching over me. I have it around my neck and keep it on all the time. I can move around and I know that if I fall, somebody will pick me up. Everything has been good with their guys too. They know what they're doing and I've had no problem with the people that get back to me. When I accidentally turned it on, they were right there. It's just that with the way that my house is built, it's hard to call back the operator-in-charge. I have the receiver area in a den and the bedrooms are all the way at the end of the house. Otherwise, my Philips is working good for me.

Philips Lifeline response

Casper, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience. We are so glad that you like having the service and wear you button. Please reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions, we are happy to help. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have had a very good experience using the Philips Lifeline. I had a stroke and with the device, at least I feel I could walk without the concern of falling. If I fall, either I press the button or the Philips Lifeline would recognize the fall and I'd have someone who's gonna come. I wear the device on my neck and I'm very happy with it.

Philips Lifeline Company Information