Call toll free
4.56/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline was the first to provide a personal alert service in North America and has remained the leading medical alert service in the U.S. At the press of a button, we enable fast, dependable, around-the-clock access to a Trained Care Specialist based in North America, who can respond quickly and dispatch the help you need. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology, available with both our in-home and mobile systems, features smart sensors that can identify most falls and quickly notify a Trained Care Specialist – even if you are unable to press the help button. Since 1974, more than 7.5 million people have counted on Philips Lifeline medical alert systems – and more than 200,000 healthcare professionals have recommended them.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Philips Lifeline Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

The Lifeline is working fine. When there was a problem and the first aid people came, that was great. We got the medical alert device because we were concerned that my father might have a fall. He is using a walker, and so that has not happened, but it’s still something we’re concerned about. He wears that device while we’re out, although we try not to be out more than an hour or two. Sometimes he does seem to forget things in the short-term, so that’s been a concern of ours as well. Otherwise, when you consider the fact that he’s 98 years old, he’s doing very well. He dresses himself. He takes care of a lot of his basic needs.

My father wears his device around his neck. He accidentally bumped it and it went off and the team at Lifeline called. He doesn't hear very well, which is why I take care of his calls. He didn't even hear them when they were asking the questions, and so that’s why the police and the first aid had come. And I had only gone out for 20 minutes to pick up the dog at the groomers. So, when I came back and see them outside the house, I really got concerned. But they told me that the only thing was that dad didn't hear it and he was fine. There he was sitting in the chair and everything was fine. So, I spoke with them briefly, but they did seem to respond very well, so we were quite pleased with that.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

My father's 96 and has the Philips Lifeline device for quite a while now. We're perfectly satisfied with it. I have an EMT down the street so when the calls go down, he comes right over.

Hello Lori,

Thank you for your review. We're glad to be your partner in the care of your father, and with an EMT right down the street, ensuring he gets the help he needs as quickly as possible when his button is activated. All the best Lori, and take care.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I love the Philips Lifeline. Having it makes me feel good. I know if I have trouble, I can get it. I get up about 7:00 in the morning, and I wear it until about 8, 9 o’clock at night. I had trouble with my leg the other night and I called them, and it was just a very few minutes until they were here. They were very nice to me.

Hello Gladys,

Than you for your review and your kind words. Did you know, you can wear it to bed, and even in the shower and bath? In doing so, you ensure coverage 24 hours a day, seven days a week! We're so glad you were able to get the help you needed as quickly as you did. All the best Gladys, and do take care!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

My mother has Philips Lifeline and it's easy to use. She complains though that it feels like it’s choking her at night. So, we’ve been pinning it. I thought about getting the bracelet but she would always have to push, unlike what she has got, if she falls and can’t respond, it still goes off. A week ago, when the phone was off the hook, the big white thing blinked. My mom never paid any attention to that. She thought there was something wrong so she pushed the button. The Philips Lifeline team notified me right away at work and they said she wasn’t responding. So, I come flying in the house, and she was sitting at the kitchen table. She looked at me like, “What are you doing home?” And then I had to push the button on her. I reset it and told the team that she was okay. They’ve always called me when she has fallen or accidentally knocked it, and people had been here.

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for your review. Thank you for trusting Lfeline to be your partner in the care of your Mother, and giving you the peace of mind you both require. Also, did you know, if the base unit ever has blinking lights, you can press the reset button to find out why? It will announce the issue right over the built in speaker! Additionally, if you ever have any questions about our service or equipment functionality, please don't hesitate to call our team at 800-635-6156 and we'll be happy to answer your questions or concerns straight away. All the best Michelle, to you and your mom!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I'm very grateful and thankful that I have Philips Lifeline because I’ve had a couple of issues that I was glad for the help. On a very early Sunday morning about four to six weeks ago, while I was in the laundry room, I went headfirst down on the floor. My alert signaled that I had fallen. The rep who responded did everything she should have done. She wanted to know if she needed to call anyone but I didn't want her to call my son 'cause he's in Charlotte, an hour and a half away. I told her that I couldn't pull myself up by the washing machine. So, I scooched from the laundry room across my kitchen floor and I got on the carpet into the den. She stayed with me, encouraging me the entire time. When I got short of breath, she would tell me to sit and rest awhile. She was wonderful.

My alert device has also gone off a couple of times and I've had firemen inside my house when I'm in the shower. It has served me very well. While I don't enjoy paying for it every month, it gives me a lot of security and peace of mind so I'm very pleased. Now I had an episode this week where my peripheral vision goes all crazy. When I have these different episodes, I wear a pacemaker and I thank the Lord that He is here with me and I have this call button. I never get afraid. Also, I live alone and I have decided to get this device to give my children peace of mind.

Hello Alice,

We're always happy to hear about the positive experiences our subscribers have with our agents. Everyday, our skilled agents do what they can to ensure our subscribers get the help they need, even if it's staying online with them while they help themselves. All the best to you Alice, and take care!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

My mom wears her Philips device around her neck but she takes it off. She’s got dementia, and I have to go hunting around for the damn thing a lot. She inadvertently pressed it at least two times, and we got the call saying, “Everything all right? You pressed the button, blah blah blah.” It was at least two times for that and the service is supposed to be the way it is. It works. One time, the fire department came because my mom couldn't hear the girl talking to her. She pressed it in error, and that’s a bummer when you have the fire department show up in your house. But I have to have something to protect her when I have to leave the house. I can’t leave her alone for very long. I had to put locks on the front door so she couldn't open up the front door and go out. She has short-term memory. It’s the precursor to Alzheimer’s, and if that comes about, it’s gonna be really bad.

We haven't used the Philips Lifeline device in about two months. I had to go in for surgery and I had to get my mother into respite care temporarily. She had taken it with her to the respite place, and I had to retrieve it because I was getting letters from Philips saying it’s not connected. So, it’s back near the phone and it’s near the Philips box.

I've spoken with the Philips Lifeline team many times. Sometimes, the tech gets on the line quickly like within 30 seconds. Sometimes, it’s a little bit longer like over a minute. The techs are very professional as they should be, and they ask my mom, “Are you hurt, Helen? Do you need help? Blah blah blah.” It’s the way it should be.

Hello James,

Thank you for your review, and for choosing Lifeline to be a partner in the care of your mother. Did you know, Lifeline offers a unit that has a location feature, allowing the button to "sound off" when it's misplaced or lost. If you'd like more information about this feature, please don't hesitate to give our team a call at 800-635-6156. All the best to you and your Mom, Mr. Lamonica.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I've had my Philips Lifeline for years now and I used it today. I slipped when I was standing up in the new bathing facility that I had here, and I could not get up. Somebody was there with me and they couldn't lift me, so I had to get a fireman to come out. They were extremely quick to come out 'cause I'm just down the block from the fire hall. The firemen are wonderful here in Trenton.

Hello Helen,

We're so sorry to hear about your fall recently, but so grateful you were wearing the Lifeline button, and able to get the help you needed as quickly as you did. We hope you're doing well, and take care.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I've had Philips Lifeline for eight years. My husband and I both had it and then he died, and I've had it since and I swear by it. Almost all the time before, I'd get out of the bathtub drying myself and it would go off. So then they figured from the frequency that's going off that there was something wrong, and they sent me a whole new unit. It's been fine since they sent a new one. I'm comfortable with it, and I'm not without it unless somebody's around. It does a check at least once a month to see if it's still in operation, and that's important. I used it once and it saved my life. I was coming in from outside and fell on the front steps. I didn't think the device would even be activated. I didn't push the button, but the fall did it. And I heard my name as I was laying on the ground bleeding, and I didn't respond. I thought to myself, "Five minutes, I'm gonna have 911 here," and indeed I did.

Hello Marian,

Let me first say that Philips Lifeline is so sorry for your loss. I'm glad to hear that we were able to resolve your frequent signal issue, but also and more importantly, that you were able to get the help you needed as quickly as you did! Your button does have the fall detection feature, and that's what we received, and we were able to send you the help you needed straight away! Thank you so much for the trust you put in our service! All the best Marian.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I have Philips Lifeline's medical alert device for about six years now and so far, it’s great. I fell one time when I didn’t have it. I have a little wooden deck and I was out there one night. When I was gonna come in the house, I tripped, and hit my head on the wall. I busted my head open. I was a mess. And now, I even have memory loss from that, ‘cause I lost so much blood. I didn’t push the button but they must’ve gotten the signal so they sent an ambulance here right away.

It’s the best thing you can have. You buy it by the foot and mine goes six feet around the house. So if I fall out on the road now, they wouldn’t come and get me ‘cause I'm not covered. I only pay $45 a month which is not bad. Overall, I'm happy with Philips Lifeline and I'd give them an A. I won’t do without it and I think everybody should have one too.

Hello Genevieve,

Thank you for your review! We're so sorry to hear about your fall, but thankfully, your particular button has fall detection, so even in cases where you don't press the button after a fall, we're able to get a signal from your equipment! I'm glad to hear that we were able to get you the help you needed. All the best Genevieve, take care!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I looked at all the ratings and compared everything apples to apples. Philips Lifeline came out as a Golden Delicious while everybody was a crab apple. My mom is 82 and she is a fall-risk so I'm always concerned about that. It gives my mom peace of mind, but we have not had to use the device for anything serious. Sometimes when we do tests, there seems to be a longer delay than I would like, but I know that it has to connect a couple of different calls that go through there. They can't speed that up. So, if I had a concern, that would be it. If mom was laying on the floor hurting, and it says, "Your call is connecting, your call is connecting, your call is connecting." But it's the nature of the beast. I know how phone systems work.

Customer service has been spot-on. Recently, I had a rough experience. They sent me a recorded message that told me we haven't checked my mom's button in a while and they wanted to check it. We did, but it didn't work. It gave us the error code on the machine. I called Philips Lifeline and told them what was going on. They said they would send me a new button. That was the 31st of August, and I just received everything Saturday because they had ordered it, but it never got shipped from their shipping point or where they pick up from. I thought there was a delay because of Hurricane Dorian. We're down here in Florida and didn't know what was going on with it. But they made it right for me. September is on them. And instead of sending a new button, they sent a whole new unit.

Philips Lifeline response

Tommy, thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback to us, we really appreciate that. We are so glad that having the Philips Lifeline has provided more Peace of mind to your Mother and we hope to you as well. Our best to you and your Mother. Please be well, and take care!

Philips Lifeline Company Information