2. Medical Alert Systems
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.63/5

Philips Lifeline was the first to provide a personal alert service in North America and has remained the leading medical alert service in the U.S. At the press of a button, we enable fast, dependable, around-the-clock access to a Trained Care Specialist based in North America, who can respond quickly and dispatch the help you need. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology, available with both our in-home and mobile systems, features smart sensors that can identify most falls and quickly notify a Trained Care Specialist – even if you are unable to press the help button. Since 1974, more than 7.5 million people have counted on Philips Lifeline medical alert systems – and more than 200,000 healthcare professionals have recommended them.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
Philips Lifeline Learn More

Philips Lifeline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: July 29, 2020

Philips Lifeline is pretty good. I haven’t fallen in a while. But when I used it because I fell and was alone, they were really fast.

Hello Eloise,

Thank you so much for your positive review! All the best.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Shirley has had the device from Philips Lifeline for over two years and her device has fall detection, which is important because she has some dementia starting. A new pendant came in the mail two weeks ago and the adjustability on the pendant is good. I’m only here two days a week and we’ve set it off. We have tested it accidentally and we tested it when it came.

Hello Kim,

Thank you for your review. We're honored to be your partner in your care of Shirley. We take that responsibility very seriously. All the best to you and Shirley.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I wanted to be sure that I have help when I need it and decided to buy a Philips Lifeline. Everything has been going okay. When I fell on the back porch, they came out within a reasonable time. I thought it was hours, but it was minutes.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Philips Lifeline has a wonderful service. At 5 o'clock this morning, I had gone to the bathroom and was getting back in bed, and I automatically touched it without even realizing I touched it. They came right through and I apologized for touching it. The rep said it was okay, she was just happy that I didn’t need help. I also used it four years ago when I broke my shoulder. They were here before any of my neighbors made it. I love the service. I just like it to work outside the building because mine just works in my building.

Hello Grace,

Thank you so much for your review and sharing your satisfaction with our service. Did you know, we do offer a mobile option that can be used outside your building, as well as when you're out and about? If you'd like more information about options that are available to you, please call 800-635-6156.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Philips Lifeline is a form of security living alone. The one negative about it is the communication in the speaker away from the necklace. So if you're off in the other room and an accident happens, they’re speaking through that and they can't hear you and you really can't hear them. I accidentally used it when I got out of the shower and I hanged it on the end of the towel rack and I was drying my hair. The device got knocked off and I didn’t know it. Then I heard somebody talking. I started looking around and it was them in the other room asking if I was alright.

Hello Donna,

Thank you so much for your review. in the even that we can't communicate with our subscribers, and it's detected a fall, we will send 911 local to your area. Did you know, you can add that you want relative(s) sent in that situation instead? If you'd like more information, please call 800-635-6156. All the best Donna.

Original review: July 26, 2020

I live alone and the kids thought it was a good idea if I had something like Philips Lifeline if I fell. My daughter signed me up for Philips Lifeline. She's also the one who pays for it. I've had Philips Lifeline for two years and I've not had any complaints. My legs are bad and I have a hard time getting up. When I tripped in the garage a good year ago, I called them and they sent a fireman here and the man helped me get up, but I didn't have any medical problems. I just got up and thanked him for doing that.

Not too long ago, I was in the shower and I had the hot water that felt really good on my back so I was letting the water run on me. I turned the little thing that hung on my neck over upside down and all of a sudden, it alerted them to come and get me. They buzzed me but I didn't hear them because I had the shower going. So next thing I knew, there was a fireman in my bathroom door to check up on me because I didn't answer the alert tone. The fireman made sure I was okay and that was the end of it. They also buzzed me a couple of times because I might've dropped it or I pressed up against it. So they do check on you when you do have that buzzer go.

Hello Margaret,

Thank you so much for your review and your experiences with our service. We're always happy to hear how we were able to help our subscribers in their time of need. All the best to you and your family Margaret, please take care!

Original review: July 25, 2020

I am living alone and having some unexplained symptoms that weren't clear whether they were cardiac or neurologic. I've been independent but I've been less worried since having Philips Lifeline. However, I charge it and it looks charged when it's on the charger, but as soon as I take it off the charger, it gives me the color that indicates it’s not charged. Their reps were calling me and saying, “Your device isn’t working,” and I was trying to explain why it wasn't working. My experience with their customer service was good.

Hello Barbara,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with our service. We've located your account, and our team will reach out to you to discuss the issues you're having with your button. We'll speak to you soon, and all the best!

Original review: July 25, 2020

I had fallen and was in rehab, and my doctor gave my children a brochure for Philips Lifeline. It makes me feel better knowing that where I live alone, if something should happen, I will have somebody calling to check on me. The service I have doesn't go beyond a certain area around my house here. When I come home from being out and I put it back on, sometimes it just triggers off and I get the call, which is good because that way I know it is working. I also get a fairly prompt response. However, I don't like to have the payment taken out of my checking account on a monthly basis. I insist on paying myself and I disagree with the fact that because of that, I have to pay an extra $3 a month. But that's my choice.

Original review: July 24, 2020

When I fell, I pushed the button but they didn't call me and ask if I needed help. I thought that if I fell, they would wanna know if they should call my daughter. I didn't hurt myself but I couldn't get up. After a while, they asked me if I was hurt or I needed attention. Then they called my daughter to pick me up. But other than that, I'm satisfied. I leave it on all the time. It's comfortable.

Hello Bernadine,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're glad to hear we were able to send your daughter to help. If their was a delay in the response, please don't hesitate to give our team a call at 800-635-6156 to review your file. All the best Bernadine.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I'm 93 years old and I walk with a walker. I wear my Philips Lifeline around my neck and I know if something happens, I can push that and someone will come.

Hello Patricia,

Thank you so much for your review!

Philips Lifeline Company Information