Call toll free
4.56/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline was the first to provide a personal alert service in North America and has remained the leading medical alert service in the U.S. At the press of a button, we enable fast, dependable, around-the-clock access to a Trained Care Specialist based in North America, who can respond quickly and dispatch the help you need. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology, available with both our in-home and mobile systems, features smart sensors that can identify most falls and quickly notify a Trained Care Specialist – even if you are unable to press the help button. Since 1974, more than 7.5 million people have counted on Philips Lifeline medical alert systems – and more than 200,000 healthcare professionals have recommended them.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Philips Lifeline Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

My sister-in-law spoke with Philips directly and it was fine. My father tested it one time inadvertently and the response time was good. My mother also has one, and we have had to use it for her and that it worked fine. They notified everybody and we were able to go help them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I’ve had it quite a while and it works fine. I wear it right around my neck all the time. One night, I fell and when I hit the floor, it went off and I heard it talking in the other room. I had it back here in the bedroom, so I just hollered, “I'm all right. I'm getting up.” But they were right here with me for a while, helped me up got me in the bed.

Philips Lifeline response

Emma, thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience. We are glad that you wear your button and have been our Subscriber for quite a while. Please continue to be well, and take care!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

Have had service three years for my parents and service is slipping badly. Activated a pendant for my 75 year old aunt. The rep must have been from an offshore phone center - Philippines maybe. I’m 53 and have worked in corporate America for 30 years, I understand the economics of outsourcing, I have worked with IT developers in India, but I could barely understand the rep they had on the other end - my 75 year old aunt had to rely on me to tell what was going on. It does no good to sell a service to seniors who may be hard of hearing and may not be accustomed to foreign accents, if the person using the device can’t understand the call center rep. Other knocks - it took around a minute for the call to connect once the pendant button was pushed. If someone passes out and can’t breathe, that extra minute could be very big deal.

It’s the day after Thanksgiving and I called customer service. Pressed #3 and the phone just rang and rang for 8 minutes. Hung up and pressed #2 and got to Sales. She told me customer service is closed for the holiday weekend. First of all how about a message alerting me to that fact to save me from listening to the phone ring for 8 minutes. But seriously? You have Sales open, but not customer service. I see where your priorities are.

Philips Lifeline response

Tom, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience. We are sorry for the frustration you and your Aunt have dealt with. We would like to have a Customer Service representative reach out and follow up with you. We will reach out privately to you for more information. Thank you again for your time. Our best to you and your family, please take care.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I had fallen in the garage after I had knee surgery and I cut my leg. I had to come into the house, up three steps and over to my phone which was across my kitchen, and I was bleeding pretty heavily because I'm on blood thinner. My granddaughter decided I needed Philips and she called and got it. I know that it works because there are times that I have fallen and it goes off. They'll say, “Somebody’ll be with your shortly.” But it takes a while when you're waiting for an answer. Also, if I would pass out, it wouldn’t go off since I’d have to push the button. It wouldn’t hurt to improve that.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your Philips Lifeline service Martha. We hope that you are doing better after that terrible fall you had. We are happy that your Granddaughter got this service for you. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 about the other services we have, and for any concerns. Please take care!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

The device hangs down on my chest and sometimes if I bend over, I set it off. I pushed it by mistake one time and somebody at the office called me and asked if I was having trouble, and I said, “No. I just accidentally hit the pendant.” They said, “We’ll reset it,” and they did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I'm very happy with Philips. I feel secure because I live by myself, and I figure I'm not by myself as long as I have it. If they can't help me right at the moment, they'd send me something in the mail. I got a new band thing around my neck and that seemed to be what the problem was, and everything has been fine sine we got that.

Philips Lifeline response

La Donna, thank you so much for providing this review to us about your Philips Lifeline Service. We are happy to hear that you feel secure having our service while living alone. We love hearing from our Subscribers, please take care!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Philips has nice service. My mother wears the device around her neck and when she presses the button, they answer it right away.

Philips Lifeline response

Kim, thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Mother's Philips Lifeline service. We are glad to hear that she wears her button. Our best to you and your family Please be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I feel fine when I wear my Philips Lifeline. There are no wires and the length of the cord is adjustable. However, I would like a new cord around my neck as the one I've been wearing for a couple of years looks discolored to me. Even so, the device gives me a feeling of security because I feel that there's somebody that'll help in an emergency. Their service is quick and they’ve always been there when I've called them.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience Rose. We are glad that you wear your button and feel secure having it. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any concerns you have. Please be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

It makes me feel more confident that mom has a Philips Lifeline. With it, there’s something when I don't have somebody to come and stay with her. Their team's response time is quick and they tell us exactly what we need to do.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Thus far, I've been doing very well with my Philips Lifeline. Their team has called me a couple of times thinking maybe I had fallen and I appreciated that. They have been on the ball.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience Dora. We are glad that you are doing well. Please continue to be well, and take care!

Philips Lifeline Company Information