2. Medical Alert Systems
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.65/5

Philips Lifeline was the first to provide a personal alert service in North America and has remained the leading medical alert service in the U.S. At the press of a button, we enable fast, dependable, around-the-clock access to a Trained Care Specialist based in North America, who can respond quickly and dispatch the help you need. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology, available with both our in-home and mobile systems, features smart sensors that can identify most falls and quickly notify a Trained Care Specialist – even if you are unable to press the help button. Since 1974, more than 7.5 million people have counted on Philips Lifeline medical alert systems – and more than 200,000 healthcare professionals have recommended them.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
View More View More
Philips Lifeline Call Now Toll Free (800) 594-0862 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

Philips Lifeline Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: June 22, 2020

The Philips Lifeline works okay. I had a heart valve replacement 13 years ago. My daughter got it through our service coordinator. I had an emergency and I pulled the cord in our room and I pushed the button and the people from Philips Lifeline asked if I needed help. I told them that I thought I got an ambulance coming and asked them to verify it. Then a few seconds later, he called back and let me know he was on his way. It did not take very long for them to respond. Then recently, I had to have the service coordinator come out. I’ve got a new thing around my neck. I just put it around my collar on my shirt and drop it in my shirt.

Hello James,

Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experiences! All the best, and take care.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Previously, I had an alert device that was like a GPS. When I go somewhere, it can track me. Humana Insurance then purchased a Philips Lifeline for me and I switched to them. I liked the GPS part of my old device better than my new Philips. The Philips device does great until I go outside. Sometimes, I have hit it against something but then I couldn't connect with the machine. Still, there are some things about the Philips device that are better. I live really close to a fire station and the EMTs they send come over very quickly.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Philips Lifeline's reps have been very nice and very prompt. I've used the device a lot of times and their response has been very fast and excellent. I also feel very safe since having it.

Hello Linda,

Thank you for your review. We're happy to provide the peace of mind and help that you need, when you need it. All the best, and take care.

Original review: June 21, 2020

I have Multiple Sclerosis and my legs started getting weak. And I'm a big guy, I'm six and a half foot tall, under 300 pounds. And when I fall, it's gotten to where I have to have a lift assist. I also have what they call a generalized seizure disorder. I have grand mal seizures if I don't take my medication. I can tell when I'm starting to have a seizure, so I can push the button and get some help. I haven't had to for that yet, but it's just nice to be able to not have to worry about it. Every time I pushed the button, they've been friendly and they've been very helpful. The device hangs there like a piece of jewelry so I don't worry about showing it.

It has taken a load off my mind for the fact that one person cannot lift me and most of the people that live in my apartment building are not strong enough to lift me. I'm in a power chair. But sometimes, transferring, I have lost my balance and ended up on the ground. And it's been very easy to just push the button and ask for them to call my local department to get a lift assist. I get someone usually in 15 minutes, the normal response time.

Hello Brian,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with our service. We're honored to give you the kind of confidence and peace of mind you need to not worry about some of the issues you face daily. All the best Brian. Take care.

Original review: June 21, 2020

My son purchased a Philips Lifeline for me since I've been falling. He wanted me to have it and so far, I've used it when I fell. Their response was very quick and the whole process was very efficient. I also find the device to be very comfortable to wear and I'm satisfied with it.

Hello Doris,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with our team. All the best to you and your son. Take care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: June 20, 2020

My daughter bought the Philips Lifeline for me and it's good for her. She's a long ways away and she wanted me to have it. I haven't had to use it, thank God, but so far, I haven't had any problem with it. I feel a lot better about bringing it when I'm in the shower and I'm very satisfied with my experience with it. My interaction with Philips Lifeline's reps has been excellent, too.

Hello Orie,

Thank you so much for your review. If there's anything you'd like to see done better, please don't hesitate, and give our team a call at 800-635-6156. All he best, and take care.

Original review: June 20, 2020

My mom is 89 and it's hard for her to walk. She's at risk of falling. My sister connected her with Philips Lifeline and so far, their device has been working fine. It's very sensitive. When she was with my other sister, the device went off constantly when my mom is in the shower. Philips's team responds very quickly. We are secure that she is in good hands.

Original review: June 20, 2020

I work, and Eleanor was home alone by herself. We've had the Philips Lifeline device for so long, six years maybe. They've been very kind.

Hello Marlice,

Than you for sharing your experiences. We're always happy to provide the peace of mind you and Eleanor need to live independently. Thank you again, and take care.

Original review: June 19, 2020

It's a very safe feeling to have Philips Lifeline. I've had it for a long time. I got it for help in case there was an emergency. Since I've been having it, I don't worry anymore as far as if I needed to get to the hospital. I feel much safer and it's good. I'm very satisfied with it. My nephew lives with me. He's a grown man. When he's here, I don't wear it. But when he's out, then I put it on. Whenever I'm gonna be alone in the house, I always put it on.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I recently turned back my first button and got another one because it went off when I was in the shower. When I got to the door, the police and the EMS and a huge fire truck were right at my front door. It's kind of a pain on the neighbors. But it's nice to know that it works. The only thing I do not like about it is that in TV, it will show somebody falling and they’ll say, “I'm falling and I can't get up,” and they'll say, “Well, help is on the way. Where are you?” But that’s not the case with this one. I can't talk back to this thing. My station is in the kitchen and if I'm here back in my bedroom and it goes off and I've got to run in here to do any talking. Otherwise, they're gonna send people. That happened to me once before and people came. Also, occasionally, it goes off. I'm glad know that it works and it's fine. But I don't know why this button that would go off if I fall costs $15 a month more.

Philips Lifeline response

Margaret, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience. We are glad you have used your button when you needed help. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service department at 1-800-635-6156 for questions about the services you have. Please be well, safe and take care.

Philips Lifeline Company Information