2. Medical Alert Systems

4.6/5 (313 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About Lifeline

Lifeline, formerly known as Philips Lifeline, offers medical alert systems and monitoring services. Its equipment can use either a landline or cellular connection, depending on the model you choose. AutoAlert fall detection is also included with some models. However, there are upfront costs for activation and installation, even if you choose to install your system on your own.

Pros

• Waterproof buttons
    • Multiple location technologies
    • Fall detection may be included

Cons

• Upfront costs
    • Cancellation fees

Bottom Line

Lifeline helps people stay independent inside and outside their homes. There is no long-term commitment. However, there are one-time fees for activation and installation in addition to the monthly rate.

Lifeline Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lifeline?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I've used my Lifeline several times. I had fallen down and couldn’t get up. I've had a lot of falls. My device is with me at all times. It’s comfortable. Recently, it has a yellow light on the inside of it that blinks a lot. I don't think the telephone is not hooking up like it should be. If I move in the bed, it’ll come on. Other than that, it answers when you push the button. I know that someone will come if I push the button.

Lifeline response

Marjorie, We appreciate your kind review and for sharing this valuable feedback. We are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

They call me when I bump. Every time they came, it was a false alarm. But they're very good. They're on the ball. I enjoy having the device. I feel that I'm being protected if I do fall. In case I would fall, I wouldn't have to run and open the door for anybody. They would be here Johnny-on-the-spot.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I love my Lifeline. I wear it all the time. I've had it for probably six years. I really didn't want to give in but I did keep falling. My kids said, “You will have that.” I call it my O.L.N., My Old Lady's Necklace. I'm more careful. I hate to call the fire department every time because I can't get up. They're very nice. They come. I push the button when I fall, and it sends a message right away, and I'm very pleased with it. I have told other people about it.

Lifeline response

Janice, Thank you for being part of our family for 6 years, and we appreciate this valuable feedback. We are happy to hear about your positive experience with us. I also would like to thank you very much for recommending our service. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I fell one morning, and I couldn't get up. I mashed the button, and they sent me some help. They were right here in the nick of time. So far, I’ve been pleased with them. My emergency button keeps me from wondering if I'm gonna fall again or if something's gonna happen to me, I know I got help. So, I am real pleased with mine now. I wear it 24 hours a day.

Lifeline response

Jeanette, Thank you for your review and sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with our service. Please know that we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Lifeline's customer service team is very good. My device goes off every once in a while. I tipped over in a chair once. It has gone off, but it wasn't really an emergency. The only thing is that it goes off sometimes when it really doesn't need to go off. If I get out of bed just right, sometimes, it’ll go off. Somebody always answers and I just tell them that everything is okay.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I feel a lot better with my Lifeline. I wear it at home day and night. I love my Lifeline. But I don’t wear it when I go anywhere because it’s not mobile. Not long ago, I fell down and couldn’t get up. My device went off and Lifeline got in touch with my daughter, and they came and got me up. It was fast. There was also an instance when I put the device in my pocketbook because I didn’t wanna wear it but it went off and I didn't know. So the ambulance came here. My daughter lives next door and she saw them. So she came over and talked to them. Overall, I'm very satisfied with my Lifeline.

Lifeline response

Geneva, We appreciate you providing this valuable feedback and glad we were there for you when you needed us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I wear my Lifeline around my neck. If you touch the button, the damn thing goes off. I bumped it about three times.

Lifeline response

Guy, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are happy to hear you were ok when they checked on you when you accidentally pressed your button. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I have my Lifeline device on all the time. I'm really comfortable with it.

Lifeline response

Helen, thank you for your kind review and happy to hear you feel comfortable. I’m glad to hear that you wear your button all the time. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I've been wearing my Lifeline for four years now and I'm very happy to have it. The device is around my neck and it stays there, day and night. I called twice so far and everything was okay. I used the device when I fell and broke my hip. There was also another time where I fell. I am also on blood thinners and I had a nosebleed that lasted for about eight hours. I have three of my kids living not too far away and they are on Lifeline's list, so they came over right away.

Lifeline response

Rosemary, Thank you for your review and providing this valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear that you fell but happy to know we could be there for you when you needed us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I live alone and my Lifeline is good. It’s not giving me any trouble.

Lifeline response

Betty, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback with us. Please know that we are always here to help you when and if you ever need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

My grandson didn't like the device I had so he bought a Lifeline for me. He liked this one and since he's smart at all this stuff, I went along with what he said. This was what he got his mother when she was living. He thought I needed it too. It's just the device is a lot heavier than the one I had before. It hangs down to almost my belly button so it’s inconvenient sometimes. It also slides all around and looks really tacky all the time. But I'm 93 years old so if it works at all, it does good.

I've had this device since 2016. If it's charged, I don't have to be taking the whole thing with me everywhere I go. That was why my grandson wanted this one. I had to pick up the little thing and carry it with me with the other one. The only time I really take this device off is when I charge it. It doesn't take about 30 minutes to get it charged. This morning, the device went off and it woke me up, so I gotta put it on charge. There was a time when I was at church on a Sunday night and we were singing. I wanted to look nice so I removed the device from my neck and laid it in my purse. The thing went off. I was just gonna cut it off but it didn’t cut off. Everybody thought it was funny and the preacher said, “At least you know it works.” Three weeks ago, Lifeline also called me when it went off that day. It’s really sensitive. Other than that, I would recommend Lifeline.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

My Lifeline is always around my neck and anywhere I go, it’s right there with me. I do not take a shower with it. I used to, but I just take it out. I also do not sleep in it. One time, I pressed it during the night when I turned over. But I'm really happy with what I have. The machine alerts me when I need a new battery, and they send me a new one through the mail. I have used Lifeline a few times. One time, I kind of fell in the yard, and I called. Then one time, I almost fell but I called them and told them someone was here. Overall, they’re right there if I need them. All I got to do is push the button.

Lifeline response

Rayceil, Thank you for your kind review and for sharing your experience with us, this is great feedback. We are very happy to know our service is working out for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I've enjoyed my Lifeline in the 15 years I've had it. It could be handy. My wife and I are getting older and we never know when we are going to need it. Two or three months ago, somebody called to check on it and verify things.

Lifeline response

Dale/Lynn, thank you for being part of our family for 15 years and for providing your valuable feedback. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

When we have a power outage, the Lifeline is out also. So that's a concern to me. And I've thought a bit about canceling it because of that. Because if I have a power outage, which we did here in Dallas for some time in February, it was totally useless. So Lifeline should have some kind of a backup battery system in case of an outage.

Lifeline response

Agnes, We appreciate you providing this feedback and understand your concern. Our equipment does have a backup battery up to 24 hours. You would want to check with your phone service provider to see how long their back up battery is capable of as well. If you have wireless equipment you can be reassured about the backup battery of up to 24 hours. If you have any further questions please reach out to our customer service department at 1-800-635-6156 and they will be happy to assist you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

2003 was when my mother was with me in a manufactured home by herself, and Lifeline did a good job. The three times over the three years that she needed to get the button, they were always right there. My mother always had instant results. They were only 10 minutes away, and twice it happened when I was away out of town. And it happened the afternoon that I got home and they had been right there for us. So I was pleased with the service that we got. After she passed away, I decided a few years later that I wanted to get it for myself.

Lifeline response

Janine, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are sorry to hear about your loss of your mother. We are happy to have provided the help for your mother and please know that we will always be there for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Lifeline is a little expensive compared to some other ones. But I like having it. I wear it every day when I’m in the house. However, it doesn’t do me any good when I go out. Also, Philips used to check the device. But they don't do that anymore. Last December, I used the Lifeline because I fell and I used it one other time.

The fire department came along with the ambulance. Christmas day, they took a while. But recently, they were quick.

Lifeline response

Betty, We do recommend that you test your equipment once per month at your convenience. If you are looking for a button that would also work outside please reach out to our customer service department at 1-800-635-6156 and they can discuss our available options with you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I am home all the time, but I didn't wear the Lifeline. I just have it hanging on the wall where I used to sit. If anything, just press the button. That's it. But I heard it's no longer free. I do not want to pay for it. It has been five years that I have it, but I didn't even use it. I receive just little money for the Social Security, so I try to cut a lot of things off. But it's better than having that break and it calls someone right away. I don't have to dial the phone and wait for them to answer, which is longer but that Lifeline helps if I have that.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

One time, I used Lifeline when I had to get the fire department out here. I also had a few times where I had an accident and hit it. I had to wait for them to come on and tell them that I was okay. But it's a good system and I would recommend it to anybody.

Lifeline response

Richard, We are happy to hear about your positive experience with us. I also would like to thank you very much for recommending our service. Please know we are always here for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I've been with the medical alert for at least 20 years. I used it once 15 years ago. I was very surprised when I called it that one time. I thought that Lifeline would send somebody directly from their office. Instead, they called my cousin whose name is on in case something happens. She came, not somebody from Philips. That's the only thing that is not right. Because I'm paying for somebody to come directly. I want somebody to come from Philips, God forbid, if I need them. Not to call my cousin. Other than that, everything is fine.

Lifeline response

Fay, thank you for being part of our family for 20 years and for providing your valuable feedback. I will have a representative reach out to you to discuss your concern with you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Lifeline seems reliable and responsive. I've had to use it a couple of times and it works. I fell and I had to call and someone answered quickly, and everything was taken care of.

Lifeline response

Bette, This is very nice to hear this type of review and we are happy that we can be there for you. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Ordered, got my order confirmation. Never got the product. I do get emails about how do I like the service. I give up. Completely unreliable if they can't even complete an order. Moving on to alternatives rather than trying get them to actually ship (and charge me) for a product.

Lifeline response

Hello Tracy, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. This is not the customer service that we strive for and would like to apologize you have not received your order yet and for the frustration you have dealt with. I understand that you are looking for alternatives but I would be happy to have a supervisor follow up with you to see if we can get this addressed for you. I have provided my direct e-mail in the private response section if you are able to send me a reply on how you would like to proceed, I can help facilitate this either way. If you are able to also reply in the private response in case for some reason your e-mail is blocked. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I ordered unit and was told it would be 6-8 weeks before I received it. Ordered it 6/4/21 and on 8/24/21 for the 2nd time I had to reach out to them and ask where is my unit??? It was backordered indefinitely and they did not reach out and let me know. Meanwhile I have an 84 year old father with dementia living alone since my mom passed on 5/28. On the 24th I ordered a different unit and was told it would ship the next day. It did not. On 8/31/21 my father fell in his bathroom and could not get up. I found him fairly quick because he wasn't answering my calls. I cancelled Lifeline immediately that day. Very poor customer service. On 9/3/21 I received a letter that detected on 8/28/21 they were not receiving a signal from our unit, was something wrong? Yes, we never received a unit!! Duh, get with it Lifeline!

Lifeline response

Hello Pam, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. This is not the customer service that we strive for and would like to apologize for the frustration you dealt with. I understand that you have already canceled service, but if you would like I can have a supervisor follow up with you to be sure all of your concerns were addressed. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I keep pressing this button when I'm not even aware of it. Philips Lifeline contacts me, and we get it all straightened out. At least, it's working.

Lifeline response

Geraldine, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We understand that people sometimes press the button in error and it's ok. I'm glad to hear our response team is responding appropriately and glad you are ok. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I wear a device around my neck and then I have another one that's hooked up to the phone. I can press the device on my neck and Lifeline will call to ask if everything is okay and I'll tell them what's going on so they'll send someone right away or call the ambulance. It's a good thing, so I keep one on my neck. I like it. If you have serious issues with your health, Lifeline is the thing to get because someone will help you with that within a matter of minutes.

Lifeline response

Frances, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad to hear that we were there for you when you needed us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

I fell about two months ago and broke my hip. I had to holler for my daughter, and she had to push the button for an ambulance. She said it took less than five minutes after she told Lifeline she needed an ambulance that they were here and then they took me to the hospital.

Lifeline response

Jennifer, Thank you for your review and providing this valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear that you fell but happy to know we could be there for you when you needed us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

The Philips Lifeline device is great. At the least little thing, these things are so sensitive. They’ll contact you to see if you need some help. I like it a lot. I fell a few times and they contacted me. They were really quick. But then other times, I just didn’t like it. They didn't call too fast. You'd be waiting. But it's still pretty good either way. I would recommend all older and elderly or handicapped people to have one.

Lifeline response

Laverne, Thank you for providing your valuable feedback. If you would like to discuss any of these concerns with us please call our customer service department at 1-800-635-6156 and will be happy to speak to you. Our goal is to answer all calls as fast as possible. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I feel good because I have Philips Lifeline. I pushed the button one time and their response time was good.

Lifeline response

Carmen, Thank you for providing your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear you are happy with everything. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

The service is fine and I'm satisfied with it. I didn't think I really needed it but I do think I need it because I do fall. I do stumble at times and I'm off balance a lot. It's good that you can talk to people on it and that you can call somebody and get somebody right away.

Lifeline response

Dorothy, We appreciate you taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and we are glad you are satisfied with our service. Please know we are always here for you when you need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

My Philips Lifeline works fine. I have had where I've accidentally hit my panic button when I was carrying something and almost dropped it, not any kind of emergency thing, but where it set it off as one. They’d responded even when it wasn't an emergency. I haven't had any difficulties with my Philips Lifeline. We had to do some reset at one time when my son was here, but it had all been resolved. I'd highly recommend them.

Lifeline response

Carol, We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback with us. Thank you for recommending our service. We understand that the button can be pressed in error and it's ok. I'm glad to hear our response team is responding appropriately and glad you are ok. Please be well, safe and take care.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Our experience with Philips Lifeline has been great. My mother goes nowhere without it. She has set it off a few times and they have immediately called her back. It just makes you feel safe. They were pleasant too when they called.

Lifeline response

Tonya, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are glad to know that you and your mother feel safe with our service. Please know we are always here for you both when you need us. Please be well, safe, and take care.

Lifeline Company Information

Media

VIDEOS & IMAGES
    AWARDS & CREDENTIALS
    iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
     World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009