4.69/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline is the leading medical alert service in the U.S.. The Philips Lifeline medical alert service gives you fast, easy access to a trained response associate to request the help you want - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology automatically calls for help if a fall is detected – even if you are unable to push the help button. Over 7 million Americans have counted on Philips Lifeline to feel safe at home or on the go.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

2322 Philips Lifeline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I was falling quite a bit, and my daughter and son thought that I better get a Philips Lifeline because I am a widow and I'm home by myself. I was getting sick too, and I would pass out, so they felt that it would be our best bet so they got it for me. It's good around my house, but if I have to go up to the store or something, it doesn’t go that far, which is fine because I still have the 911. I've had a great experience with the Lifeline team. If I happened to touch the piece that is hooked up and it comes on, they respond and they try to get a hold of me. Also, when it comes with my bill, they usually tell my daughter right away if I had made a mistake or if I paid too much.

My health button fits my life fine. But I get tired of the thing hanging around my neck. Right now, in my opinion, I don’t need it because I feel fine now. But I like the equipment. And I would tell my friends to go ahead and get Philips Lifeline if their doctors ordered them to do it. It's not going to hurt, and it's going to help them more than killing them.

Philips Lifeline response

Quincy,Thank you for taking time to provide a review to us in regards to your Philips Lifeline Service. We are glad that you are happy with the service, and we appreciate that you would recommend us as well. Take care and be well!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

My Philips Lifeline button is working fine. It’s easy to wear and carry around. It was horrible when I fell down coming out of a shower and I didn’t know how I crawled to open the side door, all full of blood, not a broken neck but it was almost broken, and I was intensive care for two weeks. But, Philips Lifeline responded right away. They were able to help and I’m very proud of it.

Philips Lifeline response

Modesta, Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide a review to us. We are glad to hear you are proud of your Philips Lifeline Service, and you wear the button all the time. We are sorry for what you went through with that fall you had, we are glad you are better. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

My daughter set up the Philips Lifeline for me as I'm not in too good of health. I have less worry. If something happens, I know I can call on them and that gives me a feeling of security. I called once and they came right away. They called my daughter at the same time, so they both came. I was in the shower and passed out. But fortunately, I had enough sense and time to turn off the shower and get out of the shower. And that's all I remember. The button is comfortable to wear but I wish I had a different strap on it. It's kind of bending awkward and I wish I had something more attractive to wear for the straps.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you Jean, for taking time out of your day to provide a review to us. We are glad to hear you feel secure having the Philips Lifeline Service, and you find the button comfortable to wear. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

My mom has been using Philips Lifeline for about five years now and it’s been working wonderfully. I live with her, but at the time that we considered getting her a medical alert service, I was working and gone. When my mom remembers to call in, their team was fine. I would recommend Philips Lifeline. They should keep doing what they’re doing.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to share your Moms story with us Barbara! Thank you for also letting us know that you would recommend the Philips Lifeline Service, we really appreciate that. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I'm 91 and I live by myself. I still do everything but I can't walk without assistance from either walker or cane or I have a hub around outside. My daughters thought that having a Philips Lifeline was the best thing to do. My experience with Philips is great. I accidentally set it off yesterday. I went to move the monitor and it went off and they were right there with me right then. It's really a good thing to have. However, it's a little higher than some of the life alerts. But if you read the fine print on the others they said they may detect a fall. But with Philips, when you hit the floor they're there for you. I'm very satisfied and I'd recommend Philips Lifeline to anybody.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I like Philips Lifeline and I feel good and safe with it. I'm 93 years old and I live by myself and my kids got it for me. One time, I dropped it accidentally while washing dishes and it came on. It worked so that made me happy, and the person on the line was perfect. I would recommend Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! We are happy to hear you would recommend our service, and we appreciate you!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I have positional vertigo and I have fallen a couple of times. I’m here alone and my Philips Lifeline medical alert device makes me feel better and I worry less, knowing that I have some people that I could call and who could help me if I needed them. I wear the alert device with the help button around my neck, but the string shows and the device seems a little heavy at times, so I have to take it off quite often.

A few years back, I called Philips Lifeline and the reps seemed to know what they were doing. They kept asking me what my address was and what happened, and it took about 5 minutes for someone to come and help me. But at another time, we had a hurricane here and the device wasn't working then, so I felt deserted, but the device is back up and running now.

There were times, though, when some of the people there had to be better trained. For instance, there was the time when it took them 45 minutes to understand that I needed help and where I was. They kept saying that they didn’t have any record of me, which was ridiculous, and I wondered what was going on. Nevertheless, my experience with Philips Lifeline has been generally good and I would recommend them, other than talking to them during a hurricane. That was a time when I might have needed some help but it was unavailable.

Philips Lifeline response

Fran, Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline Service. We are glad to hear that having the service makes you feel better and that you worry less. Please do not ever hesitate to contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you may have. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I live alone, I'm 91 years old, and getting older and more tired, so I want to have help. I still can take care of myself, but I'm happy that I have my Philips Lifeline device. It's security for me. I'm comfortable with it and I would recommend it to friends.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I feel more secure having Philips Lifeline. I wear it as a necklace and it's comfortable. Also, their reps are great. I’m satisfied.

Philips Lifeline response

Anna, Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us. We are glad you feel secure having your Philips Lifeline Service, that you wear your button, and you find it comfortable. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

My Philips Lifeline device has been working fine. The only problem I have with it is it’s a little awkward. I cannot stand up straight like most people do so I have to bend over consequently. I’m wearing a necklace style of it and it hits the bathroom counter and so forth. So, I’ve learned to tuck that in when I go to lean over the sink. I don’t need it, but it’s a security feeling that I have it. I recommend it.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide a review to us, Virginia. We are glad to hear you feel secure having your Philips Lifeline Service, and that you wear your button. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I had a hip replacement and we totally thought that I should have a medical alert device. I have Philips Lifeline and my children don't worry about me as much because they know I have it on all the time. It's like wearing a necklace. When I go away, I don't take it because I don't need it. I just came back from Boston. I was there for two weeks and I put it on the same way I do every day. Their reps used to test the equipment and call once or twice a month, then all of a sudden, they stopped. But when I needed them, I pressed the button and it didn't take long for them to respond. They connected me to the hospital and they came. I'm very pleased with their service. They're wonderful to work with and I wouldn't change at all. I will also recommend them to a friend.

Philips Lifeline response

Molly, Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline Service. We are glad that you wear your button, and used it when you needed help. We appreciate that you would recommend us as well. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have heart problems and I just used my Philips Lifeline today. I sent a doctor, something had been going on and I thought there was something wrong with my heart. I contacted the doctor's office as he said a report and I got it and everything's turned out all right. This is the second medical device that I've had from Philips. The first one wore out.

Having the help button is like wearing your watch. You'll get used to it. You put your watch on and forget it till you need to know the time and this device I got around my neck, I drew it when I think I need it and I punch it. And It's good to have something. When you get where you think something is wrong and get some for it, that lessens the load off my mind. And I've had this for quite some time. And it's always done what it's supposed to do that when I first got it, it was going off every once in a while like I was having a lot of trouble. And make them kick a door open if you are not careful. But that was telling it was doing its job. I'm satisfied with what it's doing right now.

Philips Lifeline response

Terrell, Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline Service. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the service. Please continue to be well and take care!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I'm having trouble with my Philips Lifeline device. It doesn't stay on. It doesn’t hold a charge and I have to charge it every day. I reached out to them over the phone but nothing was done about it. They said try charging it for a whole day, which I did. Then it didn’t do anything. This device is useless.

Philips Lifeline response

Joan, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with us about your Philips Lifeline Experience. We have forwarded this concern to our Customer Service Department to have someone reach back out to you. If you prefer, you can call the Customer Service team directly at 1-800-635-6156 and they will address your concerns.Thank you

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I have problems with my knee and hip so I use a walker in the house and I'm very careful of what I do. I also work out in the yard a lot so my family insisted I get a button to wear in case I fall out in the yard. I got Philips Lifeline and wear it as another necklace. It makes me feel better that I have my button I can press especially if I'm out in the yard working. I only wear it in the house because I can't wear it when I go to church or grocery shopping. Also, they check on me to see if I need anything. They call and I tell them that I don’t need anyone and they hang up. I'm satisfied with them.

Philips Lifeline response

We are happy to hear you are satisfied, and glad we can help you feel more secure. Thank you for giving us a review!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I have a stiff leg and I can’t get up because the knee was taken out of my left leg, and a rod was put in my left leg. Therefore, I cannot crawl on one of my knees. Getting around is difficult, and it is an ongoing problem, so I decided to get a medical device. I’ve had Philips Lifeline for a year and a half now, and I wear it on my neck 24/7, except when I take a shower. I’ve only fallen once during this time, and Lifeline was just perfect. I was getting dressed early in the morning when I hooked my toe and toppled over the floor. I called Lifeline, and the fire department came and rested me back up on my feet. I’m hooked up to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Ypsilanti, and I have a sit down and pushed the Lifeline button to test. They answer almost immediately, and they’ve responded very well.

Philips Lifeline response

Bernard, Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline Service. We are glad you wear your button, and want you to be aware the button is waterproof so you can wear it in the shower as well. They are made to be worn 24 hours a day 7 days a week! Be well and take care!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I have fallen and broke my hip. I didn’t take a chance on something happening again and may not have any way of getting in touch with anybody. The Philips Lifeline device makes me feel better knowing that I have something to take care of me. I also have the security of having it there if I need it. I was fixing to answer the telephone and I accidentally bumped the device, and I got a response immediately.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

When I talk to the reps at Philips Lifeline, they’re really courteous on the phone. However, there was a problem with the device a while back because it went off and I was in the shower and didn’t even had it on. I had the ambulance and everybody coming up here. Also, I go out of town to my daughters and I'm curious if my machine here at the house will not pick up with me if I’m 5-6 hours away from it. I felt really bad because it had it done twice. I had to go to Kansas City which is six hours from where I live. But, they called my son and asked him because I said I was supposed to report in every other Monday.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you Dorothy, for taking time out of your day to provide a review to us. Please never hesitate to call our Philips Lifeline Customer Service separtment at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have. Please take care!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I had a stroke so I am a person who is subject to fall. Philips Lifeline is my first medical alert and I feel a little bit more confident because I know that somebody will be here to help me if I need it and I’m home alone. I have punched the alert by mistake when I picked up my clothes basket to fold my clothes and the device fitted right there on it. The people have always been so sweet and nice and so far, I have not had a fall.

Philips Lifeline response

Eva, Thank you for taking time to provide a review to us. We are glad to hear that you feel more confident with your Philips Lifeline Service. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My wife had Philips Lifeline before I did. She passed away and I took it over. I wear it on my wrist. I’m 89 years old so I thought it was a good thing to keep. Plus, the people at Philips have been very good.

Philips Lifeline response

John, We are so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us. We are glad that you kept the Philips Lifeline Service for yourself. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I'm elderly, I fell a few times and I have a heart condition. So my daughter bought the Philips Lifeline for me. Now I worry less and feel much more safe. I know if something happens that I can get help and if I can't get up, I can just push the button. Hopefully somebody will come and help me. The device has gone off a few times because I was careless and their reps were very prompt in responding. The first time, they showed up at my door within 10 minutes, and the manager of my apartment and my daughter were notified. I was in the shower and I didn't know it went off. But we cleared it up that it was not an emergency. I used to take it off at night because I was afraid that I was going to have it go off. Then, I just forgot about it and now I don't even know I have it on. It's just there. I'm satisfied with my experience and I'm glad that I have it.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline Service Virginia. We are glad to hear that you wear your button all the time, worry less and feel safer with the service as well. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I had a stroke and I've been paying for my Philips Lifeline since 2012. I'm 86 while my husband's 80 and he's gone a lot now to do errands or buy groceries. When he goes out, I'm left by myself and it's nice to have the Lifeline. I have the necklace and I pay $30.95 a month for their service. We have the device in the house because I don't go out very often to the doctors and it has been very good. It's all set up with the telephone company. At first we didn't have a house phone because we only had two cellphones. I gave up my cellphone since we had to have a phone put in to the house to hook it up. Last week, my husband called them because something happened on the Lifeline phone. Their guy Ronnie came over that morning and fixed it. They said they don't like to have people go without it so we've been very lucky.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I live alone and I wanted someone to check on me to know if I’m okay or not. I got Philips Lifeline and so far, my experience with them has been satisfactory.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Most of the time she's in a wheelchair and uses the walker every now and then. She's glad to have the Philips Lifeline device. She has people here to get her up and then take her to the bathroom, but she still keeps the Lifeline on. Sometimes she might leave the table with the wheelchair and go and try to stand up. She's glad to have that just in case she makes a mistake and she may fall. We've used it several times. She fell outside, then we had to use it to call for help and somebody was here in just a few minutes. It's just very handy for her. She needs it, and she's doing real good with it.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to share Lula's story with us. We are glad the Philips Lifeline service is handy for her and working out well. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

So far, I feel good about the service that I have received from Philips Lifeline. I’ve fallen at a time or two and they answered me. I wear it all the time and I feel safe having it. It’s no fun to wear it, but I have to to protect myself. The only problem I have with it is it costs an awful lot. But as what they say, you get what you pay for.

Philips Lifeline response

Lavena,Thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us. We are glad to hear that you feel safe having the Philips Lifeline Service. Please never hesitate to call our Customer Service department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about billing. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I'm 88, and I got a congestive heart failure and COPD. My Lifeline device around the neck is all right, but I got a call over a month ago that said my battery is low and they sent me another one and my console has been blinking ever since. I got something in front of it, so I don’t see it when I’m sleeping, but it’s been blinking for about a month now. I don’t know what the deal was when they called and sent me the battery with all the instructions. They even called my neighbor at the same time, the one that’s on my list that can be called. Nevertheless, I'd recommend it. I’ve had two or three new devices since I’ve had it, so I’ve had it for seven or eight years already.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking time to provide a review to us in regard to your Philips Lifeline Service, Marvinn. Please do not ever hesitate to contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you may have. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

When I got my Philips Lifeline device, it was serviced through a hospital in Topeka which is about 50 miles from here and that was as close as I could get. I felt good having it within that distance. They came out whenever I needed something done, sometimes when I didn’t even know that things were needed. I have great service from them. I use the neck pendant and it doesn’t bother me. The only problem I have with it is sometimes it accidentally gets pushed when it isn’t needed. But I’ve been really happy with it, and happier when they were in Topeka.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I live alone, and my family was mostly the reason I got a medical alert device. But the Philips Lifeline has been a waste of time and money, and I'm thinking about getting another one. It's only good around the house, and I feel it would be more valuable if it was one that was with me wherever I was. It doesn't fit in my everyday lifestyle. It hangs on the head of my bed, and that's it. I leave it there. A Lifeline just around my house is silly.

Philips Lifeline response

Norma, Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline Service. Please do not ever hesitate to contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you may have. Please be well and safe!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I had a kidney transplant nine years ago and then I had a heart double bypass about three years ago so I needed a medical alert device. I’ve had Philips for a while now and I really enjoy it. They’re very accurate and very responsive. It gives me security that if I need something I got a button right there since it’s gonna help. The button also fits into my everyday lifestyle very well. It doesn't bother me at all. I'm very satisfied with Philips Lifeline.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My brother got a Philips Lifeline for me because I keep falling down. I like it, it comes handy and I'm now used to it. I use it to call my sister because I lose track on the number every time when I try to dial. The lifeline team gets in touch with my sister right away and it helps a lot, like if I have a doctor's appointment and I get in touch with her right away and she says, "I'll be there." And now, I'm in a facility. It's a nice place so the only reason I use it is to call my brother who lives far away and I have to get in touch with him sometimes. I don’t use it for anything else and for emergency.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking time to provide a review to us, Leticia. We are glad to hear that your Philips Lifeline Service comes in handy for you. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I'm 93 years old, I live alone, I have shorter breaths and I don’t get around like I used to, but I'm getting along fine with Philips Lifeline. Every once in a while, I'll bump it and they're right there. And when I call in, they are quick to respond and are very friendly. I couldn’t be alone if I didn’t have my Philips Lifeline, and I'm thankful I'm as well as I am.

Philips Lifeline Company Information