Call toll free
4.61/5
Based on 1,102 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline is the leading medical alert service in the U.S.. The Philips Lifeline medical alert service gives you fast, easy access to a trained response associate to request the help you want - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology automatically calls for help if a fall is detected – even if you are unable to push the help button. Over 7 million Americans have counted on Philips Lifeline to feel safe at home or on the go.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Many reviewers appreciate Philips Lifeline's fast response time. Several customers purchased Philips Lifeline after a healthcare provider recommended it. Reviewers report that broken devices are replaced quickly, and they were notified when help was on the way.

PROS

• Notifies your emergency contact
  • Quick replacement for equipment malfunctions
  • Fast emergency response time
  • Friendly customer service representatives
  • Wearer can hear emergency operator through device

CONS

• Lanyard length is long for some wearers
  • Device sensitivity may produce false alarms

3509 Philips Lifeline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I had a hip and knee replacement and needed a medical alert device in case I would fall. I got Philips Lifeline and it is really good. I like it and I feel safer with it. I accidentally touched the button one time, I was putting my dress on and they came. I'm satisfied with Philips Lifeline.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Philips Lifeline gives us a good sense of security because every fall is detected, and there’s been a few. Their reps are also excellent.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Philips Lifeline is one of the best things. Everybody who gets older should have one. If I travel, it’s always with me. It’s perfect for me and I’m very glad I have it.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I keep my Philips Lifeline around my neck. It has kind of a silk-ish cord that's very comfortable. It's soft and nice. Also, I am very careful so I don’t bump into anything and try to not jar the device. I've had it for a long time and I’m very well satisfied with it. I feel comfortable just knowing it’s there. It really gives me a good feeling.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service Rita. We are so happy that you find your button comfortable, wear it all the time, and are satisfied with your service. Please be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

My children gave me Philips Lifeline and with it, I feel safer. It's around my neck all the time, though sometimes it's uncomfortable. Their response one time was a 15-minute phone call and I was sleeping at the time, but they were very efficient. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I’m afraid of falling and I live alone. Since having my Philips Lifeline medical alert device, I've felt like there was somebody watching. But I had a new one ordered because the old one was not working and something happened to it all of a sudden. I got the new one set up and it’s fine. But the device is heavy for me and it could have been a lighter pendant. I wish I did not have to wear it around my neck and I don’t like it because it bothers me. Apart from that, I’m very satisfied with Philips Lifeline. At times, the alarm went off when I picked up something from the floor and the Philips team always called and provided very good customer service.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service Alma. We are glad that you feel more comfortable, and are satisfied having the service. Please never hesitate to reach out to Customer Service at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have. Please take care!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I live alone so, I got a Philips Lifeline for my peace of mind and that my daughter doesn't have to worry if anything happens while I'm at home. Because in 2017, I didn't have a Lifeline and I had not felt good one evening, I went out to pick up my mail, and my neighbor found me on my driveway. I had a stroke and then I was in a nursing home for quite a while. So, right away, when I came home, I got a device that detects falls. The fall sensor feature helped me in July, because on a Sunday morning while I was getting my breakfast ready, I fell and the monitor came on and called my name. I didn't hear it. But when I didn't answer, they called 911. So overall, I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I have been with Philips for four years and their reps have been very good. It's very important to me to have it that if I fall or need a medic, I wanna be able to press the button. Philips is a good company to go to if someone needs a medical alert device.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

My husband and I both have the Philips Lifeline medical alert device. We needed it since we were getting older and the family thought that we should have one. I wear my device around my neck and most of the time I don't even know that I have it on. The team at Philips has been so quick to respond. They've also been very knowledgeable and helpful. Since having the device, we've been feeling a little more secure. We have told our friends that they need to get one.

Philips Lifeline response

Wilma, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about the Philips Lifeline Service for you and your husband. We are so glad that you wear your button, and feel more secure having the service. Thank you for letting us know you would also recommend us. Please take care!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I live by myself so I got a medical alert device. Philips Lifeline has a direct line to the hospital that I go to and my experience with them has been good so far. I wear the device around my neck and I go everywhere with it. It's comfortable and I forget that I have it on. Since having it, I feel more secure. I've pushed my help button, both accidentally and when I had to use it, and the Philips Lifeline team answered right away.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Philips Lifeline's representatives have been good and their response time has been fine. When I fell and it didn’t go off, they sent me a new one. It is working better for me and they’ve also called me to see. Working with Philips has been so far, so good.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

My husband had a medical alert device. It worked and I promised him that when he passed, I would take it. I’m old and I’m living alone so I should honor that promise. I wear my Philips Lifeline all the time. It doesn’t bother me at all and I’m totally unaware of it. After six years, it’s so much a part of you and you don’t even think about it. The only time I take it off is if I’m going out of town for an extended visit, then I leave it by the backdoor so that I can put it back on as soon as I come in the house.

Once, in the middle of the night, I woke up and there were paramedics at the bottom of my bed. I don’t know how the button got pushed but I didn’t do it. In all these years of having it, nothing like that ever happened to me. It was a real shock waking up at 4:00 AM and seeing two guys all dressed in black at the foot of your bed. Although it wasn’t reassuring, that was good. That was the only time I ever had to have a response and I didn’t even ask for it.

I test the device often enough and the response time has been very good. The people at the other end of the line has been very courteous and helpful. I relax and enjoy having it. The only time I don’t like it is when I realize that it’s every month that money is coming out of my checkbook. Still, I have recommended Philips to people and I have no reason to complain at all. I showed them the device because they were completely unaware of what it looked like, and I told them how it works.

Philips Lifeline response

Leila, We are so sorry for the loss of your husband. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story with us about your Philips Lifeline Service. We are happy that you wear your button are comfortable with the service, and that you test as well. Thank you for recommending us, please be well and take care!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I live alone and my daughter thought I should have a medical alert device. I have Philips Lifeline and I have it around my neck on a chain and it doesn’t bother me at all. It fits under my shirt. I feel safer that I have it because should I fall, somebody would be right in the device to see if I needed help. I also haven't had any problems with it, so I feel confident that I won't. I'm very satisfied with my Philips Lifeline and I recommend it to others.

Hello Belva,

Thank you so much for your review. We're glad that the Philips Lifeline Personal Response Service gives you and your family the peace of mind you need as an independent senior. All the best Belva, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I have walking problems and I've had the Philips Lifeline device for almost 10 years. It was recommended by a friend. It’s a safety measure and I know that I can get help when I need it. I’ve tested it and for a while, they were calling two or three times a month, but I did not appreciate that. I don’t need to be called all the time. I’m doing good right now. I have the device on my neck and I wear it all the time, even at night time because I don’t know when I'm gonna need it. Sometimes the string pinches where it goes together, though.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about the Philips Lifeline Service Monica. We are so glad that you wear your button, and will press your button if you need help. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Customer service horrible. Waiting now for over 10 minutes after pushing help button and no response!!! Called customer service and no response after waiting for 30 minutes What kind of emergency alert system is that!! I want to cancel and can't even get anyone to answer the phone. No way to cancel on website???

Hello Lourdes,

Thank you for your review. We at Lifeline apologize for the extended hold times you've encountered. I've located your account, and I've escalated your concerns to our customer service team. They will review your account and reach out to you as soon as possible.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

My younger brother set the Philips Lifeline up when my mother fell. The device is comfortable and I got it so she can get it around her neck okay. I moved the communicator box from one room into the other room and I put a phone jack, so it's right in the center of the place. Sometimes, she accidentally buzzes it if she's leaning against the table or cutting vegetables, but Philips Lifeline is very good and very fast. No matter who I get, they're very nice and I've never had any problem with Philips.

Philips Lifeline response

John, Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us about your Mothers Philips Lifeline Service. We are happy that you and your family are comfortable with the service, and that she wears her button. Our best to you and your family, take care!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

My family decided that I should get a medical alert device and I got one from Philips Lifeline. It has made a whole lot of difference and my family feels confident because I have it. I'm connected with my house phone, and I can’t be too distanced from it. I could speak to it from wherever I am and get service.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

My kids all wanted me to get a Philips Lifeline, so I did. I wear it in my shirt pocket when I go outside and do stuff, and in the house, I have it hanging on a doorknob close by. I was out raking one day last year, and the ambulance and the fire department came. I hit the button by accident, but they were understanding.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I live alone, and I have COPD. Sometimes I can’t breathe well and in having the Philips Lifeline, I feel very secure. But I’m thinking about cancelling it. I’m on a fixed income and there are others out there that’s cheaper. It was very nice dealing with the Philips Lifeline team on the phone though. When I press the button, they would always ask if I am in trouble or if I have fallen under. I would tell them I need somebody to help me breathe and they get right with it. One morning, I woke up and couldn't breathe. I pressed the button and an ambulance, with a fire truck, came and they got me stabilized in the hospital.

Philips Lifeline response

Roy, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service. We are so glad that feel more secure having the service. Please never hesitate to reach out to Customer Service at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have. Please take care!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I've had my Philips Lifeline device for 10 years and my experience with it has been all right. I’m 94 and I have some problems with it. It goes off accidentally once in a while and I know the reason why, but it’s hard to prevent some of those accidental times it sets off. I found that I accidentally will set it off in bed. In the showers, I’d set it off while soaping up. So, I don’t wear it if I'm taking a shower or if I'm in bed. I'm supposed to be able to wear it but these accidental times it goes off, it’s a headache because I gotta run out and talk to them. I had two base units put in, one in my bedroom and another in my front room, so I can hear.

I wear two hearing aids, so it’s not easy to pick up the response from the box when I set my device off. So, I have a little problem with that, and I try to work around it. Other than that, I fell once. I used my device and I wound up in the hospital. The Philips Lifeline team has been nice and they respond to me well. Once in a while, we have a little difficulty. Sometimes, I’m sometimes a little impatient and because I’m not a good phone person, sometimes, talking to them is a little hard to do.

Everything with Philips Lifeline has been good. We’ve had a few occasions where we had to get new units and new buttons. I’ve had about four different, new buttons that they’d supplied for me on a few occasions where we thought they weren’t working right. They always replaced the button or helped me along that way. I would recommend anybody to get Lifeline. They’re well worth the money. I have two units, so I pay a little more. It was $38 for the first set-up, and when I got the second base unit, that was another $10.

Hello Gerald,

Thank you so much for your feedback and review. It's true that sometimes you can accidently activate our service. Just know we will always go above and beyond to communicate with to determine if help is needed, or if it was just an accident. Also, thank you so much for your willingness to recommend our service. We're glad to our service gives you the peace of mind you require. All the best Gerald, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I have Parkinson's and I decided to get a medical alert device. With Philips Lifeline, I found that their reps are very efficient and polite. They tell me when they get my call through. Also, they stay on the line while I wait for help. Having the help button has given me a little more confidence. My device has served me well.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Philips Lifeline's medical alert device is very good. It serves its purpose and I'm very satisfied with it. My walking is bad and I couldn’t hear too well. So, I put it on and I have to wear it all the time. With it, I feel like somebody’s here watching and helping me. If I fall, they are right there to call me about what happened. Also, I've tested the device and Philips Lifeline got back to me good.

Hello Anna,

Thank you for commenting on your service and the peace of mind it offers you. We're glad to have been there for you when you needed us. All the best Anna, and take care.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My daughter thought I should have a medical alert device as I'm old and I live alone. I got Philips Lifeline and I felt fine since. I wear it mostly at night and it gives me a feeling of security. I've used it for reasons that weren't emergencies and somebody came on the line right away. Everybody has always been very courteous and prompt and my experience with them has been fine.

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for your review. As an independent senior, we know that peace of mind in your own home is very important to you. We're glad that we're able to provide that for you. All the best Patricia, and do take care!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I fell and my family felt that I might not have any help available if I fall. I then got a medical alert device in case of an emergency. It's from Philips Lifeline and I wear it around my neck.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

My daughter is a pharmacist in a hospital. She said this Philips Lifeline was what was recommended by the hospitals. I live alone and I'm now 103 so she started it for me. I have everything at my convenience so I manage to take care of myself. I would tell others to use Philips Lifeline but this life alert seems to be more expensive than most of these other ones so one has to investigate others too.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

When I bought the house nine years ago, I brought my mother over to live with me. I was divorced so there was just the two of us but she passed away in two months after I moved in. I didn’t want to be alone. If I fall, I wouldn't have anybody to help me. So, I purchased a Philips Lifeline. I've had it for three years now. One time, I fell here in our TV room and the person came right on on the phone and asked me if I was all right. I said, “Just stay on the phone until I see if I can get up on the sofa.” I’m 74 so I had to try that. But I got up on the sofa fine, so that was all right. The rep was very nice.

I also had a fall in 2015 down the steps and my cellphone came out of my pocket, halfway down the steps. I was at the bottom of the steps and I didn’t have the thing around the neck. I was out cold for three hours and I couldn’t get help. I couldn’t move. I did so much damage to myself that I’m still having things happen to me from that fall because I broke my neck. I had 125 stitches in my head. I broke my back five times and I shattered my one wrist. It took two months to get well.

The only reason that I didn’t die on the spot was because I was supposed to go babysit my grandson and I never let my family down. So, my daughter-in-law came and looked in the front window here and she saw me on the floor with huge puddle of blood. She literally saved my life. She broke the screen door and she called everybody there was to call. I got married last October but I really haven’t used my Philips Lifeline even before then because I was going for a year with Lan. He was here 90% of the time when he wasn’t working. So I want to discontinue my Philips Lifeline and I'd have to return some things as soon as I find them.

Hello Charlu,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our product. I've reached out to our service to follow up with you about our service and your desire to cancel, and someone will follow up with you. Also, please feel free to contact our support team at 800-635-6156 with any additional concerns you might have. Thank you again Charlu, and all the best.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I’m over 80 and I thought I should have a medical alert. I wear my Philips Lifeline device all the time and I forget it’s there. It had gone off different times and their reps asked me if I had fallen. I said I didn't know why it went off and they said they would just reset it. They did very well. Also when I was having some trouble with the device working more than it should have when I roll over in bed, they just sent me a new one. They’ve been terrific about that.

The only thing is that I hope there is some way to do it a little further from the house because it doesn’t do much distance from my house. Like, if I'll go on a walk, I can’t use it. Another thing is that I live in two different areas and it will be wonderful if there's some way to be able to use only one. If I wanted to get one in Florida, where I go, I’d have to buy another whole unit. As it is, I have to transport it with me and that’s not an easy thing to do. Nevertheless, I’ve told several friends that I like it, and they bought it.

Hello Lois,

Thank you for your review. Did you know, we do offer a mobile solution that you simply wear, and can use it anywhere you go, with no equiment to connect in your home at all? If you'd like more information about our GoSafe 2 mobile device, and whether or not it's right for you, please give our agents a call at 800-635-6156, and one of our team members would be glad to discuss it in detail with you. Thank you again Lois, and all the best!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I live alone so I wanted to have a medical alert device. I looked around and I liked Philips Lifeline. I just wish they would get something that I would be able to take in the car with me, or take a long distance from the house, instead of just depending on staying in the house and reaching it to get in contact with them. Other than that, I’ve had them for many years now and everybody at Philips Lifeline was perfectly fine. They’ve taken care of different little things that have come up as far as a new battery. They were right there for me. The device makes me feel better that I have somebody to call.

Hello Rose,

Thank you for your review. Did you know, we do have a mobile solution, so that you are protected in your car and on trips away from home? If you'd like more information about our GoSafe devices, and whether or not they're right for you, please contact our skilled agents at 800-635-6156, and they'll be glad to discuss those services with you! All the best Rose, take care, and we hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

William has dementia and can easily slip, trip or fall before I came on as his caregiver. He and his wife uses Philips Lifeline. He wears his like a watch and the wife wears it as a necklace. The wife loves to be out amongst her plants. She is a walker who likes her freedom. She doesn't want caregivers to be always upon her. But when she comes outside by the pool, she would slip or fall so the device is good for her. And when they get a problem inside their elevator to go upstairs, the device comes in handy. Philips' staff has been great. There have been times during the overnight shift wherein they had to press the button because they had fallen, and Philips responded immediately which was quicker than trying to get to the telephone and dial 911. I’d get Philips Lifeline for all my clients.

Hello Nicole,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. As a caregiver, we know that any assistance you might get in that role is greatly appreciated. We're glad to be the service you depend on in the care of William and his wife. All the best Nicole, to you and your clients. Take care!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I live alone, and I felt I’d be safer having Philips Lifeline. I wear my device all the time. The little string that goes in the back of the neck irritates my neck in the back. But other than that, it’s fine. There was one time when I got up in a hurry, and I ran into the kitchen and I fell. The Lifeline went off and then all of a sudden, it came in and said, “Do you need help?” So, I said, “Yeah, I fell and I can’t get up, but just a minute,” and I tried to reach upon my countertop to pull myself up but I couldn’t. So then, they called my daughter and her husband, and my son too. My daughter and her husband came. Her husband went to get the chair, put it over by the sink, and then I reached up on the sink, and between the two, they lift me up into the chair. I was happy I had the Lifeline. I advise anybody that lives alone to have a Lifeline.

Hello Ethel,

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us. We're glad you were able to get the helped that you needed straigh away, and that our service is something you'd confidently recommend to your friends and family. Thank you again Ethel, and all the best.

Philips Lifeline Company Information