Call toll free
4.57/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline is the leading medical alert service in the U.S.. The Philips Lifeline medical alert service gives you fast, easy access to a trained response associate to request the help you want - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology automatically calls for help if a fall is detected – even if you are unable to push the help button. Over 7 million Americans have counted on Philips Lifeline to feel safe at home or on the go.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Philips Lifeline offers products, services and caregiver resources to help people stay independent inside and outside their homes. Systems are competitively priced, and many include extra benefits like innovative location sensors.

PROS

• Fast response times
  • No long-term contract
  • Easy installation
  • Multilingual operators

CONS

• Not UL certified
  • Activation fees

Top Philips Lifeline Reviews

06/14/2019

I live alone and my son thought that it would be a good idea for me to have the Philips Lifeline if I have an emergency. Wearing the device is very comfortable. I haven't had to use it, but it's wonderful that I have the device if I do need it...

06/05/2019

Philips Lifeline gives me peace and security to know that all I have to do is push this little button and I would have help... It just hangs around my neck and I just go about my daily routine… I would highly recommend them.

What is Philips Lifeline?

Philips Lifeline offers medical alert systems that can be used inside or away from home. Philips Lifeline medical alert devices are waterproof and come with 24/7 multilingual emergency response services — with optional features like GPS, fall detection and cellular monitoring. Philips Lifeline costs more than some competitors, but they also offer additional features like automatic system tests to ensure all devices are functioning.

Philips Lifeline HomeSafe medical alert devices

Whether you’re indoors or outside, Philips Lifeline can get help 24/7 through two-way communication. The stationary or mobile alert system will detect falls and answer any call for help with calm reassurance while dispatching medical help and notify caregivers. Philips Lifeline systems utilize technology such as A-GPS, WiFi, audio beacons and location breadcrumbs.

Philips Lifeline HomeSafe Standard
  • $29.95 per month
  • One-time $50 activation fee

The HomeSafe Standard is an at-home device that can be used with landline or mobile phone service. The Philips Lifeline wristband or wearable pendant connects to the stationary box and instantly lets an emergency operator know that you need help.

Philips Lifeline HomeSafe with AutoAlert
  • $44.95 per month
  • One-time $50 activation fee

The Philips Lifeline HomeSafe with AutoAlert system comes with all of the features and benefits of the Standard model but also includes AutoAlert, a sensitive and advanced fall detection technology.

Philips Lifeline GoSafe
  • $54.95 per month
  • One-time $149 device fee

Philips Lifeline GoSafe is a wearable medical alert device that’s ideal for active adults who are frequently away from home. It includes GPS technology to identify your location and AutoAlert, a fall detection technology that’s reliable and consistent.

Philips Lifeline GoSafe 2
  • $44.95 per month
  • One-time $199.95 device fee

Philips Lifeline GoSafe2 is a smaller, lighter and simpler mobile alert system that operates with advanced location technology, two-way voice communication when help is needed, and fall detection technology.

About Philips Lifeline monitoring center

Response centers are located throughout the U.S. and Canada. The company is staffed with 200 emergency operators who answer up to 18,000 calls per year. Operators are well-trained and receive hours of instruction and personal coaching. Responders are English and Spanish speaking, but can also access interpreters who speak 140 languages. Most response times are 12 seconds or less, and they're available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Backup systems are in place to help callers stay connected even during power outages, cellular disruptions and natural disasters.

Philips Lifeline caregiver tools

Philips Lifeline support is available to caregivers who want to know that the people they care about can always be reached during distress. Philips Lifeline offers caregivers several resources, like advice for introducing an emergency medical alert system into a loved one’s life. It also gives practical tips for caregivers like managing stress and self-care.

The benefits of Philips Lifeline online learning center are numerous and help you realize one of the most critical lessons — realizing you’re not alone in worrying about your loved one’s health. You’ll find access to helpful tools and information that can assist you with time and stress management and help you understand the technology available for medical alerts. You can discuss costs, monitoring and safety at home. You can also talk to people who may be able to advise you on the best products and services for your family’s unique situation.

Additional Philips Lifeline services

Philips Lifeline offers additional services that complement their in-home and on-the-go medical alert systems.

• Medication dispensing:  Philips LIfeline Medication Dispensing Service can help you manage complex or multiple medications. Flexible dispensing alerts remind you when it’s time to take a pill or recharge batteries. The cost is $59.95 per month.
  • Automatic weekly test: Included in your equipment order and service plan is automatic weekly testing. Philips Lifeline sends out weekly testing signals to monitor and ensure the system is functioning as it should. Philips Lifeline battery replacement service is available if needed.
  • Wireless cellular option: You don’t need a landline to access the emergency alert services provided. The wireless cellular option is through AT&T and provides reliable, fast connectivity.
  • Automatic fall detection: AutoAlert is the automatic fall detection created by Philips Lifeline. It will detect that you’ve fallen and need help, even if you cannot reach your help button. It can be added to several of the service plans for an additional fee.
  • Location technologies: The available location technologies go beyond basic GPS. The mobile products include six different location technologies, and the service is included in the standard price. Using advanced methods like WiFi, A-GPS, location breadcrumbs and an audio beacon, your call for help will immediately identify where you are.

3780 Philips Lifeline Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 17, 2019

I had a stroke and my daughters thought I needed a medical alert device. I have fallen that was why I got the Philips Lifeline device to start with. I wear the thing around my neck, but I really haven't needed it much. But I am sure that it would do what it is supposed to if I did. I really had to get used to it because if I wore it at night, I could just turn over and it would be triggered. I quit wearing it at night but I wear it when I am by myself. I wouldn't have any trouble recommending Philips Lifeline.

Hello Shirley,

We're so sorry to hear about the stroke you had. We hope everything is okay in that regard. We're glad that you and your family have chosen Philips Lifeline to help you in its aftermath. We're honored to give you and your family the peace of mind you require. All the best Shirley, and do take care.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I wear my medical alert device around my neck, and it gets hung on my shoulders. Every now and then, I need it. My interaction with the Lifeline team has been very good. I just received another button the other night in the mail.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline experience Wilma. We are glad to hear that you wear your button, and have used it when you needed it. Have you tried to adjust the cord so it does not get hung up on your shoulders? Please be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: April 16, 2019

I'm 93 and I'm mostly by myself. I also don't live near too many neighbors. Although I have people coming in and going all the time, I felt I should have a medical alert device. When I broke my hip, people would come in to give me therapy and they had a Philips Lifeline device which I could use for free while doing the therapy. After it was done I had to pay monthly. One time, when I accidentally pushed the button, I was able to answer and tell them I pushed it by mistake. But one time, I pushed it without knowing. I was in the shower and I didn't hear it. They came because I didn't answer. I used to have a button that you could talk into, but my current device doesn't have it. If I'm outside, I won't hear it. I would like to have another one with the speaker. But they said they had to recall it. Despite that, I would still recommend Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service Ruth. Thank you for letting us know that you would recommend us as well, we appreciate that. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department for questions about the services that we have. Please be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: April 15, 2019

My Philips device is comfortable. But sometimes you forget you have it on, and you press up against something, and then they call you. I was called this morning. And I was called the day before. I'm an elderly woman. I'm gonna be 100 shortly. So, I do move up against things sometimes that I shouldn't. Sometimes, I go off balance. And when I fell, Philips got me help. Having my device helps the whole family.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service Mary. We are happy that you wear your button, find it comfortable and forget you even have it on. We also want to wish you a very happy early birthday! Please be well, and take care!

Original review: April 14, 2019

I got the Philips Lifeline as a gift from my children. I've had it for three years and feel very comfortable knowing that I have it. I've triggered it accidentally a couple of times and I was really surprised by the response I got. I wear it as a necklace. I’ve gotten so used to it now that sometimes, I wear it under my clothes when I go out. I also wear it to bed. I also have a call button in the bathroom, by the shower, so I feel comfortable. If anything happened in the shower, I could use that button. Overall, I’m really impressed with Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline experience Mary. We are glad to hear that you wear your button all the time, and you feel more comfortable since having the service for 3 years. Our best to you and your family. Please be well, and take care!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: April 13, 2019

I’m 87 years old and I have a balance problem, so that prompted me to get a medical alert device. My son ordered a Philips Lifeline device and he’s the one that’s in charge of it and pays for it. The Philips Lifeline device is good. Since using it, I’ve been protected. Even if I don’t go any place very far, even in my home something can happen. When I used the device before, the response time of the Philips Lifeline team was quick and that was really good. They surely were courteous and friendly.

Philips Lifeline response

Mona, Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service. We are so glad that you feel protected having the service. We hope that you and your son have added peace of mind as well. Our best to both of you, please take care!

Original review: April 12, 2019

I’ve had my Philips Lifeline for a while now and since having it, I've become more aware of how I move around so that I don't set it off as it’s quite sensitive. I got it because of my age and since I'm alone, and when we tested it, the Philips team responded immediately. It was good.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service Marilyn. Thank you for testing your button, and saying hello. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: April 12, 2019

I wear the Philips device around my neck and I never take it off, though I wish I had a bracelet. When the device goes off, we get a response right away but we rarely need it so we don’t push it very often. We have two devices and in order to get the buttons to work in the house, we have to place them in the den. My sister lives in the basement while I live in a room far enough away from the den that we can't hear it when it goes off and it automatically triggers someone out. The device goes off easily and we end up getting the fire department call.

There have been a lot of false alarms and so we've had Philips call me first before they can get anybody. Although I don’t mind having someone out, it's disconcerting when a man shows up in the bedroom at 3:00 in the morning. My sister handles all this and she gave instructions on a different call pattern than calling the neighbors, and we have not had a call since then. There was one call but they didn’t get it correct so, we tried to get it done again. It has been difficult to get it straightened out.

Hello Sarah,

Thank you for your review. Did you know we have an option to extend the voice range in your home? If you'd like to discuss what some of your options are, in addition to whether or not a bracelet button would be right for you, please give our team a call, we'd be very happy to help. All the best Sarah, and do take care.

Original review: April 11, 2019

My 88-year old mom is fragile and a fall-risk. It’s great that she has Philips Lifeline. It’s gone off accidentally but she hasn’t had to use it formally. The response time was good and the interaction with their customer service was great. They have been awesome and very good. We had to switch out the button because of battery issue once and they were very responsive.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us about your Mothers Philips Lifeline Service Tim. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide this review to us. We are so glad that she is doing well and has not needed to use the button for help. Our best to both you and your Mother, please be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I’m like a bionic woman. I have a bad hip and a bad knee on my left side. I got a titanium hip and on my right knee. I also got four titanium bolts in my back and two shoulders full of titanium. I fall a lot and every once in a while, I trip and Philips Lifeline has been there for me. I have had emergencies in the past and Lifeline has been absolutely great. When I fell and hit my nose, I thought my nose was broken and my whole face was bruised. Lifeline went off right away and a girl came on. I told her that I fell and I am all bruised up but I was able to get on a chair and pitch myself and stood up. Then, she called the firemen because that was who I like to come out better.

Although I pay a lot for my Philips Lifeline, I would rather have it than go without it because I live by myself. I used to have another Philips Lifeline but I was told that the unit I have now can be used outside. They said that if I fall outside, they can find me and get an ambulance to me. That is the biggest thing since when I’m outside with a walker, the pavements and sidewalks are really rough. It’s a good thing I have this thing around my neck because if I fall in my walker, nobody’s gonna help me and I can call Lifeline and get somebody to help me.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for sharing your personal story with us, and your feedback about your Philips Lifeline Service Terrilyn. We are glad to hear that you wear your button, and you have used it when you needed it. Please be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I'm very satisfied with Philips Lifeline. I live by myself and I'm out of the country. So, it would be hard to get help. I decided to get a medical alert device and I liked Philips' price. The device is comfortable. I wear it on my neck and most of the time, you don't know it's there. I feel more safe because I can get help at a spur of the moment. I have used the device and the response was very good.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service Mildred. We are happy that you wear your button, feel safer having it, and you find it comfortable. We are also glad that you used it when you needed it. Please be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: April 9, 2019

I’ve had Philips Lifeline for a couple of years and I'm satisfied. I wear the button around my neck. They responded quickly when I had an emergency and there were no problems.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for providing a review to us about your Philips Lifeline Service Theresa. We are glad to hear that you wear your button, you used it when you needed it, and you are satisfied with your service. Please take care!

Original review: April 8, 2019

I’m 94 years old and I’ve lived in this old folks’ home for over 16 years. Philips Lifeline is my security blanket. I can’t even use the bathroom without having it on my neck. I have it on a string thing that’s around my neck and it hangs inside my bra. I don’t even know it’s there.

Philips Lifeline response

Jean, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service. We are so glad to hear that you wear your button and it makes you feel secure. Please be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: April 8, 2019

I decided to get Philips Lifeline due to my age and I’ve had it for a couple of years. It’s a little expensive. I have it around my neck and it has gone off a couple of times. I picked it up and said I didn’t need help. Their reps were easy to talk to.

Philips Lifeline response

Jeane, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service. We are glad that you wear your button, and have been doing well. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department for any questions or concerns you have. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: April 7, 2019

My children gave me a Philips Lifeline as a gift since I'm old and I live alone. They thought I needed something to get help if I need it immediately. When I got it, it made me aware that at this age and stage, it was good to have. However, sometimes it goes off even when I don't have it on. There are times when the police have come out to check on me. Three months ago, I was in the shower and I had no idea that my lifeline had gone off. I heard somebody banging on the door and I had to get out of the shower. The telephone was ringing as well so I answered and it was Philips Lifeline that was calling.

I realized that the county sheriff was on his way out. Philips called the police department and they had transferred the call to the sheriff's department because they didn't have anybody available at that moment. I got to the door in response to the banging and I got there when the sheriff was getting ready to let himself in. Still, Philips Lifeline was very quick to respond. If I don’t answer and tell them I’m okay, they get somebody out here and I live on the edge of town. It’s nice to know that I have that protection.

Philips Lifeline response

Sadie, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback with us about your Philips Lifeline experience. We are glad to hear that you feel your service is good to have. Our best to you and your family. Please take care!

Original review: April 6, 2019

I’ve had Philips Lifeline close to a year now and I have not had to use it in an emergency but I dropped it, and their staff called within a minute or so. They were very courteous and concerned. I always felt safe and they have my best interest at heart. I have a button for around the neck but I can’t wear things around my neck, so what I have is a little clip, and I wrap the cord around the clip and clip it to my blouse. I wear it that way and it’s very comfortable. Philips always works and the quality is excellent.

Philips Lifeline response

Joan, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service. We are so glad that you wear your button and you feel safe having the service. Please be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: April 5, 2019

My 82 year old mother was scheduled to be released from rehab after breaking her hip and femur. She has fallen before so having this fall alert device was critical. I was proactive in setting up the account and providing the credit card information. After 2 weeks, several phone calls and the sales reps fumbling to send out the device, I finally cancelled the order and went with another company. Service was so horrendous that I actually questioned if the business was legitimate. Meanwhile my mother is now home with NO medical alert until she receives the item in one week from the new company that I ordered from. I hope to God she does not fall again in the meantime. This company did not represent themselves with any level of competency or professionalism. Spare yourself and go somewhere else.

Philips Lifeline response

Collette, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are very sorry for the frustration that you went through trying to obtain the Philips Lifeline Service, that is not the Customer Experience that we strive for. We will be reaching out to you in a Private Message as well. We would like the opportunity to have one of our Customer Service Representatives follow up with you. Again thank you very much for your time and feedback.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I fell and my son and daughter-in-law said I had to have a medical alert device. They picked Philips for me and the necklace has the one button on it that I push. Wearing it doesn’t bother me one bit. I’d recommend it.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the tome to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline Service Thelma. We are glad to hear that you wear your button, and that it does not bother you to wear it. Thank you for sharing that you would recommend us, we really appreciate that. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: April 4, 2019

I got a medical alert device due to loss of balance and chose Philips Lifeline. I've fallen more than once and the ambulance came, and I was very pleased with it. It’s here and it works.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline experience Marlene. We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the service, wear your button and have used it when you needed it. Please be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: April 3, 2019

I’m in an apartment by myself at an independent living facility and got a medical alert device. A doctor here at Covenant Hospital recommended the Philips Lifeline and since I got it, I have been safe, especially at night. I needed it one time and I’ve also inadvertently pressed a button and their team responded. I just told them then that there was no emergency. Then a few weeks ago, my three-year-old great-grandson was here and we were going down for lunch. I took off my Lifeline because it doesn’t work outside of my apartment and I laid it on a tabletop. The three-year-old pushed the button and my manager said it was squawking right away. So I waited and a fellow came on and asked if I needed help. I told him I was fine and that a three-year-old just pressed the button. He said he would reset it and then I thanked him.

We went downstairs, had lunch and came back. Then there was a knock on the door and it was the paramedics. They said they couldn’t reach me. So, evidently, the guy did not reset it correctly. I had the paramedics here and I hope I don’t get a bill. The thing is, it had to be another hour from the time we went downstairs when they were here, so they were slow. Another thing, our phone service is out for seven days so our Lifeline would not work without it. Still, my experience with the service has been fine.

Philips Lifeline response

Barbara, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service. We are glad to hear that you feel safe having your button. We are also glad that you have been fine when the button has gone off, we never mind accidental calls. Please take care!

Original review: April 2, 2019

Philips Lifeline takes care of us. It's very comfortable to know that I have it in case I need it. I don’t even realize I have it on. I now live in an apartment with an elevator and I don’t worry about falling as much as I did when I just had stairs.

Philips Lifeline response

Karlys, Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service. We are glad to hear that you wear your button, and you feel more comfortable having your service. We are glad to hear you have an elevator in the place you live now, and are not as worried about falls. Please take care!

Original review: April 1, 2019

I had a few health problems, and I live alone. I got a Philips Lifeline device and it makes me feel a little safer. The string thing is kinda long. I’m not a big person. But I’m getting used to having to wear the device. I just got a new one a month ago, and they sent new little batteries in and a string, and I haven’t bothered trying to think about if I can shorten it. The thing has gone off a couple of times in the night, and I had probably rolled over or bumped it, but the Lifeline team responded. They asked if I was all right.

Earlier this morning, the thing went off. I was in bed, and I answered. They always ask, and immediately, I tell them I’m okay. And I asked what time it was, and the device is not in my room. It’s in the next room. And I couldn’t really make out what they said, but they didn’t repeat it again. I laid back and I went to sleep. And I saw a red flashing light up front. So, I looked out the bedroom window to see if it was my neighbor. It wasn’t. It was in front of my house. But I thought it was probably a neighbor on the other side, but I wasn’t gonna walk over there when I’m half asleep. I’d have to go another two minutes to see the other side of the house. And it turned out, it was the fire department in Stoughton. They got a call from the Lifeline, and they came to the house, and my neighbor saw it. And she knows where I have a key to the front door. Before I knew it, somebody came in the hall. At least I know it works.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for providing a review to us about your Philips Lifeline Service Mary. We are glad to hear that you feel a little safer having the service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about the service. Please be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: March 31, 2019

I kept falling down at home and I’m not able to get up by myself. My son and daughter made me get a Philips Lifeline and I have it for two years now. I’m glad I got it because I’ve used it a couple of times. I wear it constantly so, I’m never without it. When I used it, someone came on a phone line and I could hear him. I was asked what happened and I told him. Immediately, he called the Police and the Fire Station out here, and someone was here within five minutes. I would recommend Philips.

Hello Joanne,

Thank you so much for your review, and for being a valued customer. We're glad we're able to provide both you and your family the peace of mind you need. All the best Joanne, and take care.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I canceled my Philips life alert system for my husband on 1/18/19. It took over 2 weeks for them to send me a box so I could return their product. I have called numerous times because they are still billing me for service I no longer have. Everyone in their billing dept says they will take care of it, hasn't been done yet. Today is 3/30/19 and I got another bill on 3/29/19 for March-April service. Unless you want to pay for something you no longer have I would strongly recommend not using this company.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts with us about your Husband's Philips Lifeline Service Christine. We are sorry for the frustration trying to take care of this billing concern you have been dealing with. We have passed your information along to our Customer Service Department a representative research this issue, and will follow up with you. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: March 29, 2019

I have macular degeneration and due to that, I wanted to get a medical alert device. I wear the Philips Lifeline around my neck, and I feel all right and comfortable with it. I fell once and the button didn't let anyone know that I did, but I was okay. I'm happy with my experience with Philips. I would tell a friend about them.

Philips Lifeline response

Janet, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service. We are glad that you wear your button, and find it comfortable. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the service and appreciate that you would recommend us. If you have any questions about how your service works, please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department. Please take care!

Original review: March 28, 2019

I had the Philips medical alert device for quite a while. I was left by myself and my children decided to get me one. Wearing the device is alright. It doesn't bother me. So far, I have accidentally set it off and the team at Philips called and I told them what happened. Overall, I'm happy with my experience with Philips.

Philips Lifeline response

Mary, thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service. We are glad that you are happy with your service, and that you wear your button. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: March 27, 2019

I was away from home quite a bit with my daughter in Canada, and at that time, my husband's health wasn't good and we were nervous about leaving him alone. We decided to get him a medical alert device and he has had the Philips Lifeline for five years now. He has it around his neck. The customer service reps at Philips were wonderful and very helpful with everything. Every time we've contacted them, they've been great.

My husband is not well at all, so we've had to use the button quite a bit. The reps at Philips were very good, efficient and polite in handling that situation. Every time they call, my husband ends up going to the hospital. They always call me back to make sure that I'm okay and if there's anything else they can do to help me. Also, our daughters live out of town and they would always contact our daughters to tell them that there has been an emergency and that something has happened. The Philips service makes my life much easier. I can run to the grocery store knowing that my husband has the device and he can press the button if he needs help. I would recommend Philips Lifeline. They're a good company to work with.

Philips Lifeline response

Theresa, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us about the Philips Lifeline Service you have for your husband. We are so glad to hear that having the service makes life easier for you, and that Joseph uses his button when he needs it. Thank you so much for letting us know that you would recommend our service as well, we appreciate that. Thank you for also being part of Philips Lifeline for 5 years! Our best to both of you, please be well, and take care.

Original review: March 26, 2019

My daughters said that I couldn’t live alone anymore and they wanted me to have something that I could use so that wherever I went and if I fell, I would be all right. So, it was decided that I would get a medical alert device and the family chose Philips Lifeline. I've had the device for a long time now and even if you just go down on one knee and you don’t get right up, it’s after you. They call right away and if I can’t use it, I just tell them. Philips Lifeline is great and I like the device. Also, I haven't had anything since I started using it but I still wear it.

Philips Lifeline response

Adeline, thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service. We are glad that you like having the device, and that you wear your button. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: March 25, 2019

I live on my own and got a medical alert device from Philips. I've had the device for four years now and have never used it. I'm dissatisfied with it since I couldn’t ever get anything done to it. It blinks on all the time. My granddaughter contacted Philips' customer service about it but they haven't taken care of the problem.

Philips Lifeline response

Marjorie, thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service. We are sorry for the frustration you have been dealing with. We have passed your information along to our Customer Service Department and a representative will follow up with you. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: March 24, 2019

I enjoy the Philips Lifeline. I keep it with me all the time. I’m home alone a lot, so my daughter decided to let me have it. In case I need help, I could get it. The alert button is my help.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline Service Viola. We are happy to hear that you wear your button all the time, and are enjoying your service. Please take care!

Philips Lifeline FAQ

How does Philips Lifeline work?
All of the Philips Lifeline systems are compatible with either landline or cellular phone service. Installation instructions are provided, and toll-free customer support is available if you have trouble getting started. Once it’s working, you’ll be able to press your help button or rely on the fall detection technology to alert the emergency operators at the call center. Operators will keep you calm and talk you through the situation while they dispatch medical help and contact your trusted family members or caregivers
How does Philips Lifeline fall detection work?
If you fall at your home or while you’re out, you might not be able to reach or press your help button. With Philips Lifeline fall detection, you’ll still have access to emergency response. Fall detection is an addition available to many of the products and services available. The system differentiates between actual falls and false alarms using accelerometers, barometric sensors and innovative algorithms. The AutoAlert technology immediately connects to the response center, even if you’re unconscious or unable to ask for help. It’s one of the most reliable fall detection technologies with 95 percent accuracy.
Does Medicare cover Philips Lifeline?
No, Medicare does not cover Philips Lifeline medical alert systems.
What is Philips Lifeline’s average response time?
Philips Lifeline average response time is 12 seconds.
Do I have to sign a contract to get a Philips Lifeline medical alert system?
No, a contract is not necessary to receive products and services from Philips Lifeline.
What is Philips Lifeline’s return policy?
You can return your products within 30 days for a full refund provided they are in good condition. If you have activated your product or you don’t have the original packaging, there will be a $75 restocking fee.
What is Philips Lifeline’s cancellation policy?
If you want to cancel your order, contact Philips Lifeline customer service. There may be a $50 cancellation fee assessed.
Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Philips Lifeline monitoring service?
Yes, you must purchase an additional pendant or wristband for your spouse, but there is no additional monthly charge.
Where are Philips Lifeline monitoring centers located?
Philips Lifeline monitoring response centers are located throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Do Philips Lifeline emergency response services require a landline?
No. Philips Lifelines have cellular options that do not require a landline.
Does Philips Lifeline offer a warranty on medical alert devices?
Yes, a warranty for your Philips Lifeline medical device is guaranteed for one year from the date of installation.
Does Philips Lifeline offer a free trial period?
No, Philips Lifeline does not offer a free trial period.
Are Philips Lifeline medical alert systems waterproof?
Yes, you can keep the Philips Lifeline pendant on while you’re showering or bathing.
How much does Philips Lifeline cost?
Philips Lifeline prices start at $29.95 per month. Keep in mind, Philips Lifeline medical alert systems have a one-time activation fee or device charge, plus a monthly subscription fee.

Do we recommend Philips Lifeline?

Yes. Philips Lifeline medical alert products are designed to help active adults, as well as the people who love and care for them. Philips LIfeline medical alerts provide aging adults with the security of having an immediate and simple way to communicate if medical help or other assistance is needed. There’s also a network of support available to caregivers and family members.

Philips Lifeline Company Information