4.65/5
Based on 1,036 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline is the leading medical alert service in the U.S.. The Philips Lifeline medical alert service gives you fast, easy access to a trained response associate to request the help you want - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology automatically calls for help if a fall is detected – even if you are unable to push the help button. Over 7 million Americans have counted on Philips Lifeline to feel safe at home or on the go.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 18, 2018

2634 Philips Lifeline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I was in the hospital and they wouldn’t let me go home without a Lifeline. I'm 97 years old and I’ve had the Lifeline for five years. It goes off when it’s supposed to and I don’t even have to press the button. I live close to the emergency services and help arrives here right away when it goes off and they always take care of me. They're nice and when I need them, they’re there. I used the device three times. I fell recently and it came in good.

I'm paying $50 a month for it and I wear it around my neck. The cord gets dirty often around my neck though. It gets difficult to clean once in a while and I have gotten a couple new cords through the years. But I wear it all the time. I’ve thought about a watch but I rathered wearing it around my neck. I talked my daughter-in-law into getting a Lifeline in Florida and she’s happy with hers. My sister-in-law also lives there and she’s in her 90s and I finally talked to her into getting one too.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service Mildred. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Thank you for recommending us, please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I've had Philips Lifeline for several years now. Although my sister lives up the street from me, I live alone here. I have the necklace though, and I just wear the button. When I do the test to make sure that everything is working, their response time is about 30 or 45 seconds. They do a good job and they’re friendly on the phone. They also sent me a letter before saying that they had tried to get a hold of me because I hadn’t been calling in with the test.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I live all alone and with Philips Lifeline, I don't feel blind. I wear the device around my neck everyday and and so far, I'm happy as I can be with my experience. I have slipped and fallen several times before and I couldn't get up so I had to call them down here. I love their line. It's the best thing I ever had.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service Mary. We are so glad to hear how happy you are with your service. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I'm a great promoter of Philips Lifeline. Everybody who lives alone should use them. I have terrible arthritis and if I got down on the floor, either on purpose or accidentally, I couldn't get up. So I needed a medical alert device and I'm very glad that I have Philips Lifeline. I have them for years now and they've provided me with wonderful service. They also sent me a letter which stated that I have an extra piece which, if I fall, hit my head, and couldn't push my alarm button, they would come anyway. It came at a time that I had a friend who was found lying on the floor and people didn't know how she fell or how long she'd been lying there. So I told her she needed to get Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline response

Theresa, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the service and also told your friend about us. Take care!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I'm a retired nurse practitioner but when I was practicing, one of your agents came by the office and made a little pitch about Philips Lifeline. From that point on, I made a lot referrals and when the time came that we needed it, I signed my mom up. She's 97 years old, independent, and living alone. One time, she was also having low blood pressure episodes and falling. At that time, we also signed up for Lifeline’s medication dispensing machine and reminder. Wearing the device is just like wearing a piece of jewelry for her and having it made her feel better that she’s got a button to push if she needs help.

A few months ago up in Massachusetts, while she was staying with my sister, she tripped over her walker. But by the time she got downstairs, Lifeline already made the appropriate notifications. It turned out to be a non-emergency, but it's nice to know they were there. Their response time was so quick that my mom had to call and cancel. When my mom comes down here to Florida, we have to call and change the contact points and it’s always been super good interacting with them. It couldn’t possibly be any better. They’re knowledgeable and they walked me through the set-up process and the follow-up rechecks.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Mothers Philips Lifeline service David. We are so happy that the service has worked out well for your Mother and your family. Thank you so much for letting us know you referred us to so many others as well. Our best to you and your family, please take care!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I have no feeling in my feet or hands and I use a walker. Also, I'm alone a lot and so I'm very careful in everything that I do. I'm afraid of falling and not being able to get up too so I decided to look for a medical alert device and that it might be advantageous. My experience with Philips Lifeline has been very good. I feel more independent and has fewer worries. While I rarely test it, their response time is very quick. Sometimes, they even call me. Overall, I'm happy with their customer service and I would recommend them.

Philips Lifeline response

Loraine, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are glad to hear you are happy and that you would recommend us, we appreciate that. Please be well and take care!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I'm 87 years old and I've had falls and broken bones. But I don't have to worry because I always have somebody. When I call, Philips reps would call my neighbor and they'd come right over. It just takes them a minute to answer when I push the button and then it takes them a while before they put somebody else on. A couple times too nobody was home at my neighbor's. The reps are slow but they are friendly. It's just that with an emergency thing, you don't have to wait.

I had a fire in the oven and they didn't react soon enough. But it worked out okay. My neighbor saw the smoke and called 911. They got out here before the fire toasted anything. That was one-time I was very dissatisfied given the time involved. I hear Philips Lifeline advertised all the time where enough fellas with somebody else get a call and answer it immediately. It takes us a while to answer the call and about an hour before they get here. Also, I appreciate the necklace but the string just keeps my neck irritated all the time. A bracelet would be more effective. Philips is going to send me another button that would notify them when I fall and I won't have to ring the bell.

Philips Lifeline response

Rosie, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are sorry for any frustration you have had, we will pass this along to our Customer service department so someone can follow up with you. If you want immediate service please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you have about your products. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

My mom has Philips Lifeline for about eight years now and she recently upgraded it. We live at the back of the road a little away and at first, my mom was just here by herself so we got a medical alert device. If she falls, the device will detect the fall after 30 seconds, and if she hadn’t got up in 30 seconds, it’ll alert their team. She wears it on a chain around her neck and wears it at nighttime too. It works fine. It also relieves me because she got somebody that can get in touch with and then they can call me.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I was starting to live alone when I figured that getting a medical alert device would be the best thing to have and I got a Philips Lifeline. It’s always on me and I feel secure all the time.

Philips Lifeline response

Carmella,Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are so glad that you feel secure with your service, and you wear your button all the time. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I had two heart attacks and a stroke, and I’m 94 but I’m still going. I’ve had Philips ever since I was 78 years old and I wear the button around my neck and tuck it in my bra. It never comes off unless I shower and it doesn’t bother me at all. I'm getting along with it and I know it’s there so I can push it if I need help. Whenever I call the Philips team, they’re extremely nice and they’ll do something immediately. When I fell twice and the device didn’t go off, they sent me another one but it didn’t do anything. The other one would go off if I fell on the bed. When my machine went, the Philips team said that the new one will be shipped out to me within so many days and it did. Overall, I was able to use my button a couple of times in the past and I'm doing very well so I can't complain.

Philips Lifeline response

Marion, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I had a TIA a few years ago and when the visiting nurse came, she suggested Philips Lifeline so I followed through and got the device. I’ve had it a couple of years now and I’ve had very nice success with everything. I feel very relieved to have it. I wear it all the time and I’m happy with it.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service Joyce. We are so glad to hear that you wear the button all the time and are happy with your service. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I was basically bed and chair-bound and my husband was very hard of hearing. There were a lot of times that he couldn’t hear me if I called. I got the Philips Lifeline so that they would ring him and he would know to come help me. When I started being able to walk and get around, there were some falls and things from weakness. But he passed away in September so now, I live way out in the country and don’t have very many neighbors close. The Philips Lifeline has given me the confidence to know if I got in a bind, it would be a way to reach someone.

I was a little disappointed though when they offered the button that if you fell, after 30 seconds or whatever, if the device didn’t move, then they would go ahead and call someone, to find out that that didn’t actually work. I had been paying extra for the service and then I found out it didn’t work. Now, they’re working on it. They also offered one free month until they get the thing resolved.

Also, the new button that they sent is a little bigger and a little more cumbersome. It sticks out more under your clothes but it’s no big deal. Other thing I have noticed is they used to do pretty regular check calls where they would just activate the device and just say, “This is just checking to make sure the device is activated.” I’ve had it for many years, so that’s just something that I’ve noticed that they don’t do anymore. But I guess they figured I know what I’m doing.

Philips Lifeline response

Theresa, We are so sorry for the loss of your husband, and we thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Betty is 93 years old and she lived alone until June when I became her caregiver. She's had two runs with her Lifeline device and it has done well with getting medical help. We don’t guard her 24 hours but I live across the street and when I saw the squad here, it scared me to death. She had fallen backwards into her shower and she used the device to get help. The team asked her if she needed any help but she didn't respond because I guess the fall had knocked her breath out of her. They went ahead, got a squad out here and notified the families. The family members are close and met us here and let them in. Because in the last episode Betty had, they had to bust in the back door because she couldn't get to it.

Lifeline noticed that something wasn't working right and they sent her a new necklace. And then, it was the base that needed changing so they sent her a new base. It was here in no time. I've worked with a couple other clients that had Lifeline and I've had good experiences with it. I also got it for my mother-in-law when she had her stroke. I want her to upgrade to the one that works when she's out of the home but she said the one in the home is all she needs.

Philips Lifeline response

Augusta, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about Betty's Philips Lifeline service. We love hearing about our subscribers. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Philips Lifeline has been with me for about four years already. I wear it around my neck and it feels comfortable that I forget that it is there. I tested the device to see if it was working and I have had it in an emergency three times. I got help when I needed it and that was all that is important to me.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

My mother has the Philips Lifeline device and it's been five years. She's 95 years old and she lives by herself. I was satisfied with their service but not lately and I would not recommend it. We got a letter saying the apparatus that my mom had wouldn’t go off by itself if she fell. It would only go off if she pushed the button and they would be sending a new one but that they ran back order. I thought that was a little ridiculous. The new one didn't come so I finally called. It came but a month or two ago, she fell but the device around her neck didn't go off. I came over, I pushed the button and it worked. I then called in on it and they questioned me about how long she was down for. I get that if she was only down for a second and it’s not going to work. But my mom was down for a bit, trying to get up.

The woman said to me that it's very expensive to mail out a new one. She basically said, “I don’t want to say you’re not telling me the facts” but I felt like she was doubting what I was saying. She also told me that there was no way to test it because when I came over there, I dropped the thing to see if it would go off and it didn’t. There should be a way that we could test it. I wish they could improve things so that that I can know that it’s going to work. My mother has a new device which she got this week but I’m worried that it’s not going to work.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Mothers Philips Lifeline service Leslie. We are sorry for any frustration you and your mother have had, we will pass this along to our Customer service department so someone can follow up with you. If you want immediate service please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you have about your products. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I'm 92 and I live alone. My daughter’s only two doors away, but I fell one time several years ago and I’m glad I had a Philips Lifeline, and it has proven to be good for me. I have it around my neck and I feel good that I have it. They are very good and prompt.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about the Philips Lifeline service Esther. We are glad to hear that the service has been good for you. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I have been doing business with Lifeline and I’ve had them for years. I had one emergency and they responded appropriately when I called them. The police and the nurse came and it was resolved because the nurse fixed the problem. I think that the device this will work out to be better. My device has a black cord, but I’d rather have a lighter cord color because I wear a lot of jewelry. Other than that, I’m satisfied with Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about the Philips Lifeline service Gladys. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with the service. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I had Life Alert and I was having a lot of trouble with my phone system. The techs would come out and try to find out what the problem was and they had to keep kicking it up higher and higher to the phone company. I told somebody from the phone company that I have Life Alert pendant. He said, “That’s it. That’s your whole problem. It's not compatible with Comcast. The only one that is, is Philips Lifeline.” I immediately switched to Philips Lifeline and I have been very happy with them. The monthly fee was less than Life Alert and I have luckily never needed them. One time, I was out in the front yard, very glamorously picking up my dog poop and evidently, my pendant was swinging back and forth and it imitated a fall. They called over the box and I wasn’t in the house to hear it.

I ended up in the house a couple of minutes later and the next thing, there's a knock at my door and there are the police and the fire. I said, “Oh, I feel so terrible being called away. Somebody might have really needed you,” and they reassured me and said, “No, don’t feel bad and if you do feel bad, you can always nullify it by making us a plate of cookies.” I said, “Oh, I'd be happy to.” But it was very assuring to know.

They followed through and if I really had fallen, somebody would have been here. It's a very secure feeling to know that there's somebody on the other end on that pendant. I'm in Fircrest, it's a small little bedroom community off of Tacoma and there are a thousand or so homes in here. Our fire and police departments are just minutes away and they were here very quickly. The Lifeline team is always so pleasant, very compassionate and caring people. It's really nice when you do talk to them and I'm very happy with their company.

Not too long ago, because the battery died on mine, they sent me a new pendant and then they sent a follow-up letter saying that something had happened in the manufacturing and that it would not register a fall. I could still manually push the little button on the pendant and it would activate, but they were working as hard and as fast as they could to get some new pedants out to the people. They followed up and I had a pendant in a very short time. They're a very accountable and responsible company, which a lot of companies are not.

Philips Lifeline response

Patricia, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with the service, and appreciate this review. Please be well, safe, take care!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

My sister is 93 and she was worried about falling, so she got a medical alert device. She wears Philips all the time. She feels fine and she’s satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Philips Lifeline sent us another device to replace the one my patient had lost. Then, I got a notification from them that the automatic call when you fall down with it was not working. I've since found the one she lost, so now she's got three buttons, none of which works when you fall down with them. The Philips Lifeline team was always courteous and has been able to help me out. However, there’s no way to test the fall detection feature unless you fall with it. When you just drop it and then it doesn’t work, it says that it’s been dropped and that’s all it does. I wouldn’t want her to be without the device, which she wears 24/7, since she is a little unsteady on her feet.

Philips Lifeline response

Frank, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about the Philips Lifeline service for Mildred. We will pass this along to our Customer service department so someone can follow up with you. If you want immediate service please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Please be safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I live by myself and although I may be 88, I'm up and going and very active. I've had Philips Lifeline for a long time now and I feel very safe with it. I would recommend it.

Philips Lifeline response

Doris, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard of your Philips Lifeline service. We are glad that you feel safe and thank you for letting us know that you would recommend us. Please be safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I’m 85 years old. My husband had died and I live alone. I used to have relatives that lived in the vicinity but at this point, I have no one that lives in the town I’m in. If anything happened, I might not be able to get to my neighbors. I decided to get the Philips Lifeline device that I would just ring if something happened. I wear the help button around my neck and I tuck it inside my blouse or sweater. I’ve been very fortunate that I had to use it only a couple of times, and a person on it appeared. It is very comforting to know that somebody can hear you and that somebody’s there. I would recommend Philips Lifeline, and I have recommended it to some people that are living alone.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I want to live all I can and Philips Lifeline has been wonderful. I've had them for years and my emergency button has been good. Although I don't wear it, it's right here if I have to have it.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I have balance problems and I wouldn't be without my Philips Lifeline. When I fell and busted my hip, they answered immediately when I hit the button. It was as soon as I hit that floor. I am living out in the country, 15 miles from the nearest town and they had people out here immediately. Using it is about as simple as you can get. I wear it around my neck if I'm going to church or someplace with people. I will leave it off for the time when I'm going there but it's around my neck all the time. I also accidentally hit the button three times through all the years that I've had it. I said I'm sorry I did such and such, and their reps were as nice as could be.

Philips Lifeline response

Beverly, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I was concerned about my age but using the Philips Lifeline makes me more secure. It’s annoying at night, however, because it wraps around my neck. Also, it’s supposed to be good in case I fall, but they recalled it and I haven’t received my new one yet. But I wasn’t charged extra for the type that I have.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard of your Philips Lifeline service Fay. We are glad to hear having it makes you feel more secure. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Please be safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I've had nothing but good experiences with Philips Lifeline. They've been nice as they could be. I have lived alone for a long time and both my family and I thought that I needed a medical alert device. Philips Lifeline came, put the system, told me how to operate it and checked if it's working. They also always call whenever they were sending me something. Once, my battery got lost and they sent me another button.

Then I had a fall last September and the device detected it. Philips Lifeline responded right away. After that accident, they called and told me that they were sending me a new thing to wear on wear on my neck which I would now have to punch. My friends also have Philips Lifeline and have also liked it. I've had the unit for a long time now and I'm dependent on it. I have and would recommend them.

Philips Lifeline response

Anne, Thank you so much for providing this review to us. We are glad that you are happy with your Philips Lifeline service and we appreciate that you recommend us as well. Take care!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

My mother fell several years ago so we decided that it was the time that she needed a medical alert device. She has a Philips Lifeline and she said that it has been mostly good. However, I was disappointed as it took forever when they sent a letter saying that they sent her a replacement button but it didn’t have the fall detection capability on it. It was at least a month, if not longer than that before they finally got her the one that she had been paying for.

She wears the device around her neck. She and I felt reassured having it, as long as it’s working. I was on pins and needles when she was without the fall detection for so long, since knowing that if she fell and she couldn’t get to it or for whatever reason, then no one would ever know. Sometimes, the cord irritates her and so we have to put lotion. There was a section of it out and it’s where it joins together. It’s a little plastic piece and I wrapped that around with a Band-Aid to keep it from irritating her. However, that doesn’t work too well since it comes off within a day or so.

Philips Lifeline is the only company we’ve had and experienced with. There had been a time through the years when we’ve called them to do a test and it takes them a long time to answer. One time, we even got a recording. We’re under the impression that if she had a power outage, that I would be notified, that something would go off. We’ve had that happen a couple times and it has been a few months back when our power would be out and nobody knew it. She couldn’t get to her phone. The only way I knew about it was that my sister from Florida has been trying to get her and she couldn’t get her. I also tried to get to her but I couldn’t. And so, I came over here and she had made it back to the bed. I called Philips Lifeline and they told me that if the power is out, we don’t get notified, although the button still works. There was a time when the phone line was dead and the button didn’t work.

Philips Lifeline response

Robin, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Mothers Philips Lifeline service. We are sorry for any frustration you have had, we will pass this along to our Customer service department so someone can follow up with you. If you want immediate service please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you have about your products. Please take care!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

The Philips Lifeline is comfortable to wear around my neck. When I’m alone, I keep the device all day and night. However, it's started to irritate me at night because I'm being choked with the cord. Also, Philips informed me that the last pendant I got doesn’t show the fall. I ordered a new pendant to wear and it doesn’t do like the one before. They were supposed to send another one but I didn’t get it.

I have used the button and the team got here fast, and they always call back to check if I'm okay. They were also good when I spoke to them, and sometimes when I'm not able to really communicate with them, they call my daughter. They usually do that right away after I've called them. The device makes it good being here by myself. I always feel safer. I'm satisfied with everything and I've told my neighbor who had a stroke to get a Philips Lifeline. I told them how satisfied I am and they see how quick the emergency is here too.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard of your Philips Lifeline service Wilma. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Please be safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I got my Philips Lifeline medical alert device a long time ago. It's a safeguard. I wear it around my neck regularly and go do what I do. It's very light and isn't inconvenient. Their team has also been very prompt and they've always answered. I push the little button, it rings, I talk to them and they do whatever needs to be done. But right now, I need a new button since the button I had is worn out. They're also making a new one that will ring in more places. I've gotten two letters from them saying that they're trying to get the units manufactured, but they've not appeared yet.

Philips Lifeline response

Jean, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard of your Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your products. Please be safe and take care!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I'm 84 and I live alone. I have children here, but they're very busy. I wear the device around my neck and since having a Lifeline, I feel that I have some help on my fingers if I need it. Their team has been very nice. Sometimes it takes a little while for them to answer. I get, "You're connected. You'll be connected." And I'm standing there and thinking, "Am I gonna die before they answer?" I'm not happy about that. Otherwise, they're very nice and I feel more secure being alone.

Philips Lifeline response

Anita, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your Philips Lifeline service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have about your service. Please take care!

Philips Lifeline Company Information

www.lifeline.philips.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use