Call toll free
4.63/5
Based on 1,218 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline is the leading medical alert service in the U.S.. The Philips Lifeline medical alert service gives you fast, easy access to a trained response associate to request the help you want - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology automatically calls for help if a fall is detected – even if you are unable to push the help button. Over 7 million Americans have counted on Philips Lifeline to feel safe at home or on the go.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3372 Philips Lifeline Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I've been short of breath ever since I took a pill in 2002 and it tore my lungs up. My daughter suggested to get a Philips. She researched them and she thought Philips was the best one for me. She ordered it and I wear it around my neck 24 hours a day. It's handy if I fall and I could get help right away. The only problem I have with it is that it would go off by itself. It has went off by itself twice. The other morning at 4 o’clock, it went off and they thought I had fallen, but I hadn’t. I talked to the operator then, and she kept asking if I fell and I said no and that I was in bed asleep. But overall, I'm satisfied with it.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review to us about your Philips Lifeline experience Bonnie. We are glad that you wear your button all the time, and are satisfied with your service. Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions or concerns you ever have. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

The Philips Lifeline team do a reset every month. They are also very helpful. If I have questions, I call. I looked into getting a medical alert device as my mother-in-law can't hear. Also, she was having trouble falling. Since I liked what Philips Lifeline had to offer, I went with them. It works the way it is supposed to work. It has gone off a couple times and the police would be here right away. I’ve already recommended Philips to other people.

Philips Lifeline response

Carol, Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience for your Mother In Law. We are so glad that you are happy with our service. Thank you so much for your recommendations, we appreciate that. Our best to you and your family, please be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

When we looked around and found out about Philips Lifeline, it seemed like the best way to go. With the fall detection, they pick up on it when I'm halfway to the floor. I’ve had it for four years and I haven’t had to push the button because of that feature. It just goes on and detects a fall. At that point, I'm usually just waiting for somebody to come and I don't pay much attention to anything else. I'm also not too far from the police station down here, so they get here really quick.

I wear the device around my neck, but I rather have them on my wrist. Generally, it’s a little bit of a hassle sometimes, especially when in the shower or when shaving. I also have to take it off while I’m asleep in bed. It had gone off a couple of time when I was in bed and I just moved around. I've got aches and back pains over my whole body so I'm moving around quite a bit at night. Other than that, it makes me feel secure and I try to keep it on all the time.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review to us in regard of your Philips Lifeline experience Allan. We are glad that you feel secure having your button, and the service has helped you multiple times. Please be well, and take care!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

My family got me the Philips LifeLine after I had several accidents falling. I’ve used it a couple times and their team responded and were very polite. Though last time, what happened was weird. I got a phone call from my daughter and my daughter-in-law saying that they had been called by LifeLine. It said that they should come over here because I had an emergency. I had no idea what that was about because I didn’t have any emergency. And I couldn't imagine that I accidentally pushed the button on this thing because I wear it around my wrist and it is recessed in there. Also, I don’t like that procedure. If they are gonna call my daughter before they call for help for me, I would think that was backwards.

Other than that, I've been satisfied with the service. They sent me one for around my neck. Something changed and they were replacing the one around my wrist. This was because if I had an emergency and could not press the help button, nothing would happen. Still, I told them I really don’t like to wear that. They said they were gonna send me another bracelet, so it would work.

Philips Lifeline response

Jeanne, Thank you for taking the time to provide this review to us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with your service. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions about your service. Please be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I’ve had the Lifeline for quite some time and I've been very happy with it. Right now I’m a shut-in as I’m confined to my bed. We're starting therapy so I’m wearing it today. A couple of times I’ve fallen, but thank God the Lifeline team has been there for me. I need them and I have used them on occasion. The response time was unbelievable and they waited on the phone with me until the paramedics got here. The reps have been very cooperative, kind and considerate. I'm 100% satisfied and I have recommended it highly to everybody.

Philips Lifeline response

Bonnie, Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience. We are so glad that you wear your button, pressed it when you needed help, and are happy with your service. Thank you for your kind words, and for your recommendations. Please be well, safe, and take care!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I got a medical alert device from Philips because I lived alone and I was getting old. It went off by accident a few times and it took a long time for somebody to get to the phone after I pushed the button. The first time, it took a while for them to come and then it was, "Your medical thing isn't processing." The last time was by accident too, and it took them a long time as well. I hate to think I was waiting for an ambulance all that time, but, it was very comforting knowing that I had it in case I needed it. I did not like to be without it. However, I gave it up because I moved. I'm in a facility where I don't need it.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience Emma. We appreciate that you used the service, we are sorry for any frustration that you had, and we hope that you continue to be well in your new home. Please take care!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I have a breathing problem especially at night, so I use my Philips LifeLine. I put it on at night and I wear it during the day. Having it has made me very confident. When I tested the device, the response time and the reps I dealt with were very good. I'm very happy with it.

Philips Lifeline response

Lillian,Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience. We are glad to know that you feel more confident and are happy with the service. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My mother was alone and she was falling. My niece is a nurse and she decided to use Philips for my mother. Having it has been very helpful. Anytime my mother hits it, they always call. She wears the device 24/7 and she feels good about it. Whether they can reach her or not, they call my number and they always make sure the ambulance is on the way if she needs one.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

After researching, we opted to go with Lifeline's Go Safe 2 for our mom. I called to order and Michael quoted me a price of $44.95 per month (like it says on the website). I specifically asked him if there were any other fees or taxes added on. (I asked him this question because I had read online that Lifeline tacks on extra fees.) He told me "No. It is $44.95 a month." Based on his word, I went ahead and placed the order. Well, my mom gets her first bill and there is an additional $6.27 added onto her bill!!

I called Lifeline's customer service and talked to 4 different people, including a "supervisor" on the phone. I repeated that the charged amount of $51.22 is not what is on their website, and not what Michael told me when I originally ordered the device/service. He kept telling me that there are add-on fees: an invoice/check processing fee and a rental/service tax. This contradicts our verbal agreement over the phone and their website where they specifically state there are no extra fees/taxes.

Hello Cath,

Thank you for your comment. I will escalate your concerns to our customer service team, and have someone reach out to you as soon as possible.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I’m older, I live alone and I am less able to do some things. And since having Philips Lifeline, I know there’s something there if I’m here by myself. I wear my Lifeline around my neck and everything has been fine. Their team follows up nicely and everything went the way it was supposed to.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I was alone in my home and my children wanted me to have the protection of a medical alert device and to know that I could get help. My daughter researched the Philips Lifeline and this was the one that was best for me. The reason why I got Philips was because it's waterproof. I wear it all the time, even in the shower because it’s waterproof. However, even if it's adjustable I can never get it to the right length because it interrupts with any necklace or anything I have on. I can never get it short enough. I've had to use my Philips Lifeline a couple of times when I fell. Philips contacted me to see if I was alright or I had fallen and if I needed help. I had very good interactions with the reps. They asked me questions and I answered. I told them I had fallen and I needed help so they called for help and the firemen came.

One time, I got a call and this rep kept telling me there was something wrong with my Philips Lifeline and that I had called them about it. I said no, and that he just called me. We had quite a back and forth and finally, I had to tell him I had something else to do and hung up. I think it was somebody in training. Maybe he had to go through some things that he was supposed to practice, but he was trying to practice on me and I didn’t have the trouble he thought I had. I hoped he would get more training. Still, I’ve recommended Philips Lifeline and told other people to get the device. With the Philips Lifeline device I feel more independent and safer and I know I can get help when I need it.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience Audrey. We are glad to hear that you wear your button all the time, and that you more independent and safer using the service. We are sorry for the frustration you had with one of our representatives, we will look into this so it does not happen to you again.Please be well, and take care!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

My wife has a lot of medical problems. She's got a heart problem, a kidney problem, rheumatism and she's blind. There was this time when she was sleeping in the spare room bed, fell out and whacked her head on the bureau and had a big gash on her head. We were the only two in the house and I had just come back from shopping when that happened. So, I got a Philips Lifeline medical alert pendant for her which was more convenient for me to make sure that she had something in case I wasn't here.

Having the medical alert device with her gives me the peace of mind, knowing that she could punch it whenever she gets into a problem as long as she was conscious. When I leave, she usually puts the device on her neck and when I'm in the house, most of the time, she has it available close to her on a table. In addition, my wife calls every month and their people reply. Every time we have a conversation with them, they've been very polite and very helpful. We've never had an issue as far as the device not being functional and everything seems to be going well.

Philips Lifeline response

Hello John, thank you so much for your review. We're glad that Philips Lifeline has given you the peace of mind you need in caring for your spouse. All the best to you and your family John, take care.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I had what I call a three-day siesta on my kitchen floor, so my family insisted that I get a Philips Lifeline device. I've used it and the team's response was very quick. But before the battery unit went out, the device seemed a little too sensitive. Even if I got myself up, I wasn't expecting the Lifeline to automatically trigger if I fell or stumbled, so it would go off. When the battery went out, Philips sent a new battery but I really don't have anyone to replace it for me. Still, I continue to wear the device around my neck knowing that if I need it, I can push the button.

Philips needs to come up with a system for someone like myself who's alone and without anyone available to change the battery for me. When I had my three days on the floor, my body evidently was on top of my dominant hand, and that destroyed the nourishment that goes to the muscles in my fingers and my hands. So, my dominant hand is no longer very useful to me making it totally impossible to change out the battery.

Philips Lifeline response

Lois, we are so sorry for what you went through before having your Philips Lifeline service. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience. We forwarded your concerns about programming the new button to our Customer Service Department and someone will follow up with you. Please do not hesitate to call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 if you would rather. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I live alone although I live close to my family. They're going out a lot for work, so I thought it would be a bit safer for me to get a Philips Lifeline. I feel safer now that I've got it. I have used my button lately for several times and the Philips team has responded right away. I wear the device around my neck and sometimes it feels uncomfortable but it doesn't really bother me. I'm satisfied with my Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience Betty. We are glad to hear that you wear you button, and feel safer having the service. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I make sure that I have my Philips Lifeline device every day. I used it when I fell a lot of times. I like using it and I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I'm elderly and I live alone. Once, I fell and I thought I ought to have a Philips Lifeline medical alert. I've tested the device and the response was almost immediate. I've been satisfied and I'd recommend Philips Lifeline.

Philips Lifeline response

Hello Margaret, Thank you for your review! We're glad you were able to get the help you needed! Also, thank you for seeing the Philips Lifeline service as one you'd recommend, and for being a valued subscriber. All the best Margaret, take care!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I wear my Lifeline device around my neck and it feels fine. One time, I fell and the Lifeline team responded to my call within minutes. Then they alerted my closest neighbors. I’m satisfied and I’m happy with what I’ve got.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I’m really satisfied with Philips Lifeline. I was really sick and was in the hospital for a while and then, I went to a nursing home and stayed until I was able to go home. And when I got home, I had a medical alert device because a nurse put it in. A man told me that I had a Lifeline and so, I’ve had it ever since. I wear my device around my neck and it’s okay. I’m glad I got it. There was another time that I got sick in the night and I called on the Lifeline and an ambulance came out. They responded fast. The guy who came wanted to know if I could get to the door and I told him I couldn't. I was right by the window where my bed was and he asked if I could raise the window. I told him I could. It was really easy to raise and he also told me to undo the screen. I had undone the screen and he came in through the window. He went in and opened the door. He had a nurse with him and she came in, too, and they carried me to the ER. They were really nice people.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this review to us about your Philips Lifeline experience Texie. We are glad to hear that you wear your button all the time, you have used it when you needed help, and that you are glad that you go the service.Please be well, and take care!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I live by myself, I’m 80 and I have health problems, so my son wanted me to have a medical alert device. The Philips Lifeline reps have been very courteous, polite and concerned. When I’m home, I try to keep the device on but sometimes I take it off because it’s very sensitive. I can't bend too low or it goes off or when I put it on and I’m sleeping, it goes off. However, I'm not overly concerned about anything as I know I’ll get a quick response. If if goes off they respond right away and ask me if I'm okay. I just tell them I'm okay. I've already recommended Philips Lifeline to some people. It's something that would be good to have if they live by themselves and have health problems.

Philips Lifeline response

Willie,Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience. We appreciate you letting us know that you have recommended us, and that it is a good service to have when living alone. Please take care!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

My Philips device doesn’t work in the garden or when I’m shopping. I would have liked to use it elsewhere. There are others that work anywhere. Nevertheless, the device is very comfortable and I wear it all the time. Although it only works at home it works very well.

Philips Lifeline response

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience Rose. We are glad to hear that you wear your button, and find it comfortable. Please do not hesitate to call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions about the other products that we have. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I’m a fall risk and I've had my medical alert device from Philips Lifeline for three years. I used the device when I had an emergency and their response time was quick. Also, the team at Philips was friendly and courteous. The only thing is I don’t like the idea that it’s gotta be on the landline phone because when the electricity goes off, it doesn’t work. Still, Philips is worth having.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I'm 91 years old and my daughter-in-law got me a Philips Lifeline medical alert device. I wear it around my neck but I don't know how to clean the string. My neck and shoulders are really bad and I put cream on them, and so the string has been getting really dirty. Other than that, I've already used the device several times. The first time was a couple of years ago. I was outside working in the garden when I fell. I scrambled all over and I couldn't get up. Nobody else was around then. I pushed the button and an ambulance came in 10 minutes. I've also fallen several times in the house and they came right away once I passed out. It's been wonderful. I'm a lot more careful now than I used to be. Also, whenever the Philips Lifeline's team call me to see if I was all right, they have been very helpful and nice.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I've had Philips for six years now and it's been wonderful. I have the medicine machine and the button, and I've been very satisfied. I hear other people that have other ones that are always complaining, but I have no complaints. I'd tell them how great Philips is and how much more efficient mine is compared to some of them. I feel very assured of everything.

Philips Lifeline response

Rosemary, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience. We are so happy that you chose to use us, have been with us for so long, and are satisfied. Please take care!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

If I fall in the house and nobody was here, it’s better that I didn’t have to worry about it, so I got the Philips Lifeline device. I got the necklace and the one in the house and I have used it a few times and it has been good. The Philips Lifeline reps respond very quickly. One day, I had it on by mistake and they arrived at my house quickly. I was so embarrassed because the fire trucks came over to my house.

Philips Lifeline response

Elizabeth, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience. We are sorry that you were embarrassed from the accidental call, our only concern on any call is that you are alright. We are glad that you have the service so you feel less worried. Please be well, and take care!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I've had my Philips Lifeline for about five years now, never had to use it but I’ve hit it several times accidentally. And they always respond real quickly. I keep it close to me most times and have introduced it to other people too. I tell them that I've had the service for years and that they need it too since they live by their selves. Also, I've tried to get my insurance to pay for it because I don’t make that much. My doctor even wrote the insurance people a letter and sent in a prescription for it, that the Philips Lifeline would be helpful for me, but my insurance refused to pay for it. But if I had a phone, I didn’t need one.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I was having problems with my balance and my daughter took care of getting the Philips Lifeline for me. I wear it around my neck and they call if they know that I’m having a problem like if I have fallen. I wish that it would work outside though.

Philips Lifeline response

Hello Evie, thank you for your review. Did you know we have a mobile button that works outside, and even away from your home? If you and your daughter would like more information about the Gosafe Mobile Button, please give our team a call at 800-635-6156. All the best Evie, and take care.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I can't live without my Philips Lifeline. I live by myself and I have it for when I fall, and when I do, I'm usually able to push the button and it doesn't take long for the Lifeline team to respond. I tried using the bracelet but it was always going off, so I chose to wear it around my neck. It's comfortable and it doesn't go off so much.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My daughter got me Philips Lifeline and I wear it all the time. Now, I feel safer when I’m alone. Some time ago, I fell on the porch as I was getting the mail in but then the mailman came by and lifted me while I was trying to talk to them. So I came in and told them I was fine. The customer service was great. The only thing I worry about is they call my kids and my kids never answer their phones. I asked them to send a text instead but they said that they can’t do that. I often wonder how it would work if I fell down and knocked out a little bit or if I had a stroke, then I wouldn’t be able to press the button. Still, I’m 97 and I gotta have one, which is the thing to do. So while I haven’t had much experience with it, it seems fine to me. I’m also pleased with it.

Philips Lifeline response

Marjorie, thank you for taking the time to provide a review to us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience. We are glad to hear that you wear your button, and that you feel safer having the service. Please never hesitate to call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions you have. Please be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

When my husband died, I realized that I’m alone and I don't have anyone who would check in on me regularly, and I could fall in the middle of the night and lie there for days before anybody finds me. I have been using Philips Lifeline for a few years and since signing up for their service, I feel more secure. It’s a good thing for most older people if they live alone. I wear the alarm around my neck and the string around it is visible in my V-necks which bothers me. But I don't want the watch because I could fall and be lying on it and not be able to reach it.

I’ve had some false alarms the few times that I do gardening as I move up and down a lot. They sent me a new device and it seems to be very sensitive that sometimes when taking my top off when dressing, it swings the alarm around and it goes off. Whenever that happens, their team responds quickly and I always find them very helpful. I'm glad it’s a call center in the U.S. as it’s a big marketing point for them. I’m not talking to somebody from another country who may or may not understand me.

Philips Lifeline response

We are so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband Barbara. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us in regard to your Philips Lifeline experience. We are glad to hear that you wear your button, and that you feel more secure living alone. Please be well and take care!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I had a bad fall after I had the open heart surgery so I got a Philips Lifeline. Their reps answered all my questions and they were very nice. Also, there's no problem wearing the device. I don't even know I have it on me.

Philips Lifeline Company Information