Call toll free
4.56/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Philips Lifeline was the first to provide a personal alert service in North America and has remained the leading medical alert service in the U.S. At the press of a button, we enable fast, dependable, around-the-clock access to a Trained Care Specialist based in North America, who can respond quickly and dispatch the help you need. Our AutoAlert fall detection technology, available with both our in-home and mobile systems, features smart sensors that can identify most falls and quickly notify a Trained Care Specialist – even if you are unable to press the help button. Since 1974, more than 7.5 million people have counted on Philips Lifeline medical alert systems – and more than 200,000 healthcare professionals have recommended them.

Philips Lifeline Video
Philips Lifeline Gallery (6)
iF Product Design Award for our HomeSafe Wireless and GoSafe products - 2014
 World’s Most Ethical Companies - Philips is included in the top 100 of the world’s most ethical companies for 2012, 2010, 2009
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Philips Lifeline Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

My daughter had experience with Philips Lifeline in a hospital where she had worked and she ended up choosing it for me. I've had it since 2014 and I've had nothing but perfect timing with them. I live alone and my alert device with my cellphone is my lifeline. I feel very secure. I wear it all the time, day and night. When it goes off accidentally, the reps are quick to answer and I can understand them. Everything is A-okay with them.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I was falling a lot so I needed a medical alert device. I’ve had Philips Lifeline for so long. If I accidentally hit it, they call me right off.

Hello Margaret,

We're sorry to hear that you were falling so frequently. Thank you though for choosing our service to help you when it happens. We're happy to be there for you, even if you hit it accidently! All the best Margaret, do take care!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Philips Lifeline is fine, but it is so short that it ruins my hairdo, when I've just had my hair done. It is so hard to get over my head. It's just ridiculous. I wish they could make it as the first one that I had where I could take the straps and push them to the side and put the front down into my bra. I also don't know why that grey thing is on there which makes it so heavy looking. That should be eliminated.

I was happy with what I had, but I had to stay very close around my house and I couldn't go out with it. There was no point because it only worked right around my area of my house and maybe in the front porch and out around the back a little bit, so I stayed with Philips Lifeline. I like the fact that when you take it off, when it's green, then it would be ready to go again, and that's very good. It's easy to get in and out of the receptacle, so what I'm doing is taking it off at night, and I have to charge it, so it's right by my bed. But in a way it would be good if I could just take it off of me when I take a shower and then put it right back on and leave it on. So, I don't know that I can have it right there about my bed, that's all right. But then if I get up during the night, I have to put it on again, if I go back into the kitchen, and frequently older people do. Other than these problems, I'm very pleased with it.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I'm left alone and I can't walk without a walker. Having Philips Lifeline, I feel safer. I wear it all the time and it doesn't bother me at all. They come right out when I have to get emergency assistance, and they're really nice.

Hello Ethel,

Thank you for your review and your kind words. We're glad to hear you feel safer with our service, something we strive to provide our subscribers every day. All the best Ethel, and take care!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I'm 92 and I’ve been in and out of the hospital for heart for surgery years ago. I love the medical alert device. The one I have got so old and I’ve been wanting to get a new one all the time. One of my daughters takes care of me and she lives in Gretna. Then finally, there was a lot racket up there on the machine, and I needed a new one. There were just too many bugs.

So, I got this new one from Philips Lifeline, and it’s so touchy. When I put on my stockings, I have things that I have to have against my chest and sometimes I forget, and I call them sometimes. But I am very happy to have the device and very happy for everything. Three years ago, I used to take it off when I took a shower. I thought I had to. And then my daughter, Suzie, she said, “Ma, you don’t have to take it off.” So, I was so thankful for that. And it never leaves my neck unless I go away.

Hello Marge,

Thank you for your review. It's true, our service is sensitive. That sensitivity ensures we get your signal when you push your button in a time of need. Also, our button is waterproof, so you don't have to take it off when you shower or bathe. We're glad to hear you wear the button all the time, which maximizes your protection. Thank you again for your review and being a Philips Life subscriber! All the best Marge!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Lifeline?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

My kids got Philips Lifeline for me and I've had it for over a year and a half now. I wear it around my neck every day. I’ve accidentally hit it a couple of times and the Philips team has given me the call on the machine. They have been responsive and fast.

Hi Nancy!

Thank you for your review, and thank you for wearing the button everyday! Wearing it everyday will insure you're always covered, if you should ever need it! All the best Nancy and be well!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

I’m a satisfied customer. They certainly respond very quickly if there’s any reason for them to, and that's what I need. My problem is arthritis and I've had hip replacements, and I really need my knees replaced, which I refused to do. And that’s really limiting me. I live alone and I don’t like having anyone around. My family are gone but I have a nephew and he did have concern. I don’t leave my apartment and I have no contact with anybody. I got a medical alert to have that security to know that somebody would know if I’ve fallen. I really just need someone to literally lift me by my elbows on to my feet. And once that’s done, they could leave. So, having that access makes me and my family, what's left of it, feel a little more secure knowing that living alone, that this happens, and that somebody is out there to respond to it.

I wear the medical alert around my neck and the only time I take it off is when I go to bed, but I have it nearby, ‘cause I don’t like to wear it all the time. I have used it and they responded immediately. I’ve given them a phone number of the doorman, their phone number, to send someone up just to tell them that I need someone to help me to get up, without an effect. It was a one-minute deal. They just lift me and put me upright, and then I was all right. I sat on a chair. The device is so delicate. I have touched it in some way and they were asking do I need help and I said no.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

A friend of mine had Philips Lifeline so I got it. And the lady I ordered it from gave me information. I’ve been reasonably satisfied with the device because I’m going to have to wear one. But I don’t like the thing around my neck all the time. It’s on the wrong side of my neck or it’s behind my ear or it’s some place. I don’t mind it at daytime, but I hate it at night. I’d like to have something on my wrist at night.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Everything’s all right so far with my Philips Lifeline. I have not used it and I’m so glad. It did go off a couple of times since I’ve had it but it was false alarm. I never could figure out how or what caused it to do that. Nonetheless, their reps got back to me almost instantly. They respond really, really fast. I used to get a brochure through the mail once in a while from Lifeline but I have not received anything since I moved from Fayette, Alabama to Springville. I don’t know if they still do that or not. I like getting and reading those little information bulletin.

Philips Lifeline response

Lucille, thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts, we are glad that you are satisfied with your Philips Lifeline Service, and have not needed to use it either. Please never hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 1-800-635-6156 for any questions that you have. Please be well, safe, and take care!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

As we get older, we fall and I didn’t want to lie here for many hours without any help. So, I got a Philips Lifeline as recommended to me by my son, and I've had it for seven years now. So far, they've been very good. They answer within one or two minutes. I would recommend Philips Lifeline to a friend.

Philips Lifeline Company Information