3.9/5 (304 ratings)

Find Stair Lifts partners near you

About Acorn Stairlifts

Find Stair Lifts partners near you

Acorn Stairlifts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acorn Stairlifts?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acorn Stairlifts?

Original review: July 11, 2022

When I call for service they tell you they are having heavy volume of calls and put you on hold. After maybe 10 or 15 minutes they tell you to leave a phone # and they will get back to you asap. My complaint is that I should have been given that option from hello. Why did I have to wait 15 minutes to get that option.

Original review: July 4, 2022

The bottom rail of the stairlift covers a heater vent. I contacted the company and the only options were for me to pay them to fix their mistake. Now that heater does not work because it overheats. I'm contacting our state offices that approved this installation.

Get buying tips about Stair Lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2022

Purchased straight chairlift in Dec 2020. Purchased annual maintenance contract (ASA1* Straight-ASA1SST) for $250 in Dec 2021. Attempted to schedule appointment in Feb 2022 which was cancelled, rescheduled in April 2022 which was cancelled and rescheduled in June 2022 and rescheduled on Aug 22, 2022. In meantime chairlift has begun to make squeaking and grinding noise during operation. Customer Service has been difficult to get on phone and once informed of problem has been very unhelpful. Not exactly the service we were promised.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I've had the stairlift lift since 2012. I've not had many problems. However, when I have had issues, the techs have resolved them. My problem is not with the lift itself but with customer service. Although I have an annual contract, it is so difficult to set up a service appt unless the annual contract is about to expire. The agent I spoke to today was rude and condescending. I asked to speak with someone else, and got a tongue lashing from the agent before he transferred me. He clearly did not want to send someone out to help with the problem I was having. This happened to be the exact same problem I had with the stairlift 8 months ago when it was serviced. They made it seem the problem was not really a problem.

The best they could do for me was to send a tech out to do an annual inspection (which according the contract) I'm entitled to. And I was told if the problem gets worse to call back. The soonest they could get me an inspection was one whole month from now. I will NOT be renewing my contract with them when it expires in August 2022. I would rather spend more money and buy a brand new one (definitely not the Acorn brand) than to give this company one more dime of my money.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

Short and sweet, when I objected to one of their managers, Erick who works at the customer service dept. due his poor and disrespectful behavior, I said I’ll report you guys to Consumer Affairs, his response: “I’ve heard this thousands of times!" That is how many dissatisfied customers they have. I am throwing this piece of trash which I paid close to 4k out and buy a new one from another company, There are much better companies, don’t waste your money on these people

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

We purchased and had the stairlift installed last February 2021. My husband has heart disease and Parkinsons. It was difficult for him to navigate the stairs because of the heart disease, however, the Parkinsons made the stairs impossible. The salesman came to the house; we discussed the chair and its benefits, and based on his presentation we purchased the chair. Two days later a technician came and installed the chairlift. We were very happy with both of these gentlemen and we were very happy with the chair. Our experience with the chairlift, the initial the salesperson and the installer was great! Based on our experience with both gentlemen we would recommend the chair; The chair works perfectly.

My husband uses the chair 2 times a day. He comes down dressed in the morning and goes up to bed at night. We were happy and recommended the Acorn stairlift to everyone. However, all of that changed when our initial service agreement expired at the end of the year. We have had no issues with the chair. It works perfectly. In one year my husband has used the chair approximately 700+ times. I don't use the chair, and we don't use the chair as a delivery system for stuff going up or coming down the stairs. There are no small children in the house; our grandchildren are adults.

We were very happy with the chair and with Acorn until we received a phone call from the service agreement salesperson. We decided based on our experience with the chair, we were not interested in paying $500+ for the extensive service plan. We would however, pay the $250 to have the equipment checked out. The first time the sales agreement salesperson called my husband hung up on him because he was belligerent. My husband told him we were not interested in the expensive extended service plan. Weeks later the gentleman called again; the conversation continued as before and this time the salesperson hung up on my husband.

Thursday, we received another call and this time it was my turn. The salesperson was belligerent with me. I told him I had no problem paying $250 and having the tech come out and look over the equipment but I thought the other plan was excessive and not needed. I told him if we only use the chair maybe 800 times a year, the chair, and its batteries should last longer than one year. He countered with "people getting their robe caught and coins dropping in the track". Yes, all this could happen but not every year. I told him I would pay $250 but not the $500+. He continued to argue with me, because for him, the expensive service plan was the goal. Finally, he could tell by my tone of voice that I was done and I no longer was going to be polite. He decided that I was not changing my mind he said he would close the account.

For us the initial experience was great. The chair is great! The warranty salesperson was belligerent and rude! The chair fulfilled our needs and based on that I would recommend the chair. But be aware the high pressure is coming at the end of the year! My husband and I have been in customer service and financial services for more than 50 years - we know how to make a person "feel warm and fuzzy" toward our product or service - the high pressure salesperson for the warranty is not the way to do it.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I paid my renewal on 9/27/21 and asked to schedule a service. They informed me there is no one in Hawaii to do service repairs and as soon as they get one they will schedule it. Sent them 3 emails and left 2 messages since then and they do not acknowledge anything. As of today 11/22/21 - NOTHING! Worst service ever!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I didn't have a great experience with this company. Sales personnel are all about making money, not customer support. My father had an initial stairlift installed that was inoperable. No troubleshooting was offered, only an opportunity for the sales representative to make a dollar, Acorn's bottom line. By the Grace of God, my family was able to research and find replacement batteries for the stairlift and it works great. The lesson in all this for my family is be your own best advocate. Do your homework and research before purchasing from this company.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I have service contract. I have been calling for over a month about moving lift to new house. Initially I called 3 times, talked with person, left 3 voicemail. No response. On 11/1/21 9:19 cut off after hold 10 min. At 10:50 for 10 min with music then got recording to leave a message which I did. Then joined Acorn club because site stated better way to communicate so I did to hopefully get a response. 11/4/21 still no response so did another message through club. Have never been contacted. Wonder if BBB or attorney general of state might help lots of calls to purchase service contract. Which I did but no response when I need service. Feel like all resource directed toward sales. No focus on service. I feel like I’ve been robbed.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Buyers beware. The sale team and installation was good. However you can't sell on the product. My family purchased two lifts from Acorn. The second to replace the first one. It was a straight one replaced by a curved one. We spend over £7000. Sadly after 12 months we found ourselves have to sell the house and stairlift. The second one cost £4350. They refused to allow us to sell it back. They do not seek parts to other firms. So other firms will not take the old one. Managed to sell it for £300. Loosing £4000. Buyer beware. I felt scammed.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Stair Lift partner.

Acorn Stairlifts author review by Danni White

Acorn Stairlifts has been providing quality products since 1992. The company is based in Orlando, Florida, but has distribution centers around the world.

• They offer a large variety of stairlifts: Users can purchase a stairlift meant for indoor or outdoor use and the company can work with both curved and straight stairways.

• They offer perched seats: Users who have trouble bending their knees may benefit from the use of a perched seat to transport them from floor to floor.

• Outdoor stairlifts are also available: Users can purchase and have stairlifts installed outdoors so that they can enjoy their deck, patio or yard or get out of the house more easily.

• They offer rapid installation: Stairlifts can be installed within 24 hours of purchase.

• They provide a 12-month guarantee: All products are covered for the first 12 months of use, so if they fail to work or don't meet users' needs, they can be returned. The registration card needs to be returned within the first 30 days in order to qualify.

by Danni White ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Danni White is committed to providing valuable resources designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions. Danni specializes in content strategy and development, with over a decade of professional writing and research experience.

Acorn Stairlifts Company Information