2. Elder Care

Find Stair Lifts partners near you

About Acorn Stairlifts

Find Stair Lifts partners near you

Acorn Stairlifts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acorn Stairlifts?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Acorn Stairlifts?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

A few words of advice. Go with absolutely any other company than Acorn. They have commissioned sales and service, they have products that are only tied to them so other companies cannot repair or get parts. They gauge you on the price and service warranty, they take up to 2 weeks to come out and to top it off they will harass you with calls until you break and give in. I ended up buying then after many problems turned around and had it uninstalled and replaced by Wheelchair Works which has been great and ended up cheaper.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I am trying to relocate an Acorn stairlift for my handicapped mother whose husband just passed away. The Acorn reps are completely inept, would not extend any assistance and left it to my elderly mother to move and take apart herself. The company is eager to take your money for the install, but could care less about their customers. I highly recommend Williams Stair Lifts in Fanwood NJ. They are excellent and treat their customers with respect. The managers at Acorn are the most insensitive group of people and need a course in what customer service actually means.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

Stairlift works great. When I prepaid for the maintenance, then tried to set up a time, phone number didn't work. I had to call the corporation. They set a date for me. I waited today, four months past my year of installation and they didn't show up. I called and was told the date had been moved but no one called and told me of the move. I'm really frustrated as you get courted to install the lift. You get courted to purchase maintenance, then that's where the service drops the ball. They have you prepay... then you seem to be forgotten to actually do the service.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

My father purchased 2 Acorn stairlifts 6-7 years ago for my mother. The one going upstairs is curved and it has broken about 4 times a year. The salesperson pressured my parents into buying these lifts. She told them they were local. The closest technician lives 100 miles away. We have had technicians come from 200 miles away, that is not local. Often it takes 3 days to get someone to fix it. My mother is 91 and has to crawl up and down the stairs. The annual service contract is over $800 per year. It does not cover batteries which are expensive. If you do not have a contract it costs $250 for them to show up! If your stairlift breaks on a weekend or holiday do not plan on it getting fixed for a long time. DO NOT BUY AN ACORN STAIRLIFT. We are currently looking into replacing the stairlifts.

Original review: June 23, 2020

They were hot to get the 12000 to put in the stairlift and they are not so much at coming out for the yearly service. Have been about 2 months trying to get them to come out and the chair starts beeping all on its own but yet they want me to give them about 800 for a year warranty like that is going to happen.

Original review: June 20, 2020

We’ve owned this stairlift for about 3 yrs and have had several service calls. It just stops working. When we call it is several days before someone comes out and it’s $250 a pop just for the service call plus any parts. They act like they don’t care how much the elderly person relies on the chair. My mother lives with us and depends on this chair for daily use. She cannot get up or down without it. She cannot get to the kitchen and unless we stay in her room with her until the repair person comes she spends several days alone because she cannot come up. I would never recommend an Acorn stairlift and am stuck with one that doesn’t work half the time. I may have to put my mother in a home because of this.

Original review: May 27, 2020

My 77 yr old mother was in need of a major back surgery and was looking to have a lift installed for after the surgery. We called and set up an appt for a bid. The technician that came out was very nice and professional. He seemed to be able to answer all our questions and mom had 2 ladies in other condo building over, as they were also interested in lifts for their buildings. Feeling satisfied mom.

Gave technician $1000 down. We were told they usually can install within 3 days so just call when she was close to coming home from Surgery. I called the number he gave for installation 2 weeks ahead just in case! Good thing bc they weren’t able to install until the day before mom was coming home. I schedule a vacation day from work and I’m told they will arrive between 8-11 but will call when on way. At 11:20 when no one has arrived I call to find out that installation was canceled!!!?? Canceled??? Who canceled this? Oh THEY CANCELED IT bc they found out they needed additional approval from the county!!!! No phone call to me about this!

Mom has now been home 11 days with no way out of condo. Today I was told it could be another 14 days and that it is not Acorn's fault and I need to be patient!! When I asked about a discount for my vacation day lost and the time lost and inconvenience the sales manager informed me it wasn’t Acorn's fault!? Really??? We canceled our $11k order and have requested deposit back!! The other 2 ladies will also not be using this company!! They are out 3 stairlifts and have a “who cares, sorry about your luck” attitude! Definitely do not recommend.

Original review: May 16, 2020

Just had an Acorn stairlift installed on my curved staircase. Ray ** was the technician who installed everything. Ray was very hardworking and professional young man explained everything. I would recommend acorn stairlift to anyone who is in need of assistance getting up and down the stairs.

Resolution response: May 24, 2020

Josh of Acorn contacted me to discuss the issues I stated in my initial review. Josh is a great listener and wants his customers to be happy so he offered to have a repair tech fix the bumpy ride that occured when the chair rides over the rail joint. He sent Dwyane ** to fix the rail. Dwyane arrived and was skeptical at first, then he rode the chair and said the rail needed to be fixed. I was impressed with Dwayne's mechanical skills and his tenacity to correct the issues. He worked very hard and spent a lot of time securing the rail. I wish the previous tech taken the time to ensure the rail was installed properly. However, I am a happy camper with Acorn.

I am grateful Josh and Dwayne listened and resolved my issues. If I could, I would remove my original post but I could not find how to do that, so the next best option is to write a followup review. Acorn took the action necessary to stand behind their product and make me with my chairlift. I would recommend Acorn for anyone that is contemplating purchasing a stair lift. It is a high quality lift and should remain trouble free for many years. Bill B

Original review: May 8, 2020

Purchased Jan 2020. As the chair passes over the split rail it is making more noise and getting more bumpy. 1st call CSR said he couldn't hear the noise so there was nothing he could do. The next call the CSR said that was normal if it was installed over carpeting. I called to ask about how to remove the chair so the new furniture movers would not damage the chair. Acorn requires a technician and would not tell me how to do it. The second call the CSR said they were prevented from telling because the Food & Drug Administration would fine them but they could send a tech. When I purchased it the salesman said the chair had a lifetime warranty as long as I had the annual service. The extended warranty department called and said that was not true and I should spend $500 each year to warranty the unit. This is a very dishonest company. I regret buying from them. I think they are predators of the elderly and physically impaired.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I have been nothing but harassed about the warranty and purchasing a new year to year warranty. Rep, William ** ASA Aftercare Dept. Specialist, calls and harasses me consistently about my parent's stairlift and has even used scare tactics saying that my father needs this chair and that I have to pay their extra fees if anything happens. This is even though if you need anything in or out of warranty you have to pay for a tech to come out no matter what!! This is a year to year SCAM to prey on the elderly and Acorn and this rep should be ashamed of themselves!!!

Acorn Stairlifts Company Information