Xcel Energy

Stars Rating

• 3%
  • 96%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xcel Energy?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xcel Energy?
    Customer Service

Reviewed June 27, 2024

I had a downed power line in my yard. I reported it to Xcel, and the next day they repaired it. In the process, they also cut my internet and phone lines. They didn't tell me (the only reason I knew they'd done anything is that I happened to see their truck drive away) and they didn't call me. They left the cut lines draped across my yard. They didn't contact anyone else to come fix it. I had to wade through 7 levels of phone menus to finally speak to someone, only to have them tell me it's my problem to deal with.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 18, 2024

Xcel Energy is flipping joke about signing up to pay your bills. After over hour fiddling farting around I called them to pay my bill via checking account. They will add service fee to pay your bill. Screw that. They will via check late. Nor do they accept Medica bill pay option either. WHAT A WASTE OF MY TIME!!!!

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

I hate you Xcel Energy. 1000%. I don’t know who is in charge of your policy but they should be fired. I live in a great neighborhood and you keep cutting my power at will, even though I pay my bill. My house is 2 years old and I’ve lost appliances, tvs, etc because of your policy.

Reviewed April 26, 2024

Do not like this company, they leave gates open, doesn't notify or ask residents if it's okay to go into the back yard, so you can't put up your dogs first. They leave gates to other parts of the back yard open.

Reviewed April 25, 2024

Horrible company. Xcel was charging me for the wrong meter for 10 months. Since I wasn't aware my electricity bill was so high for 10 months I now owe them $1,000... Tell me how this is my fault. I shouldn't be paying for their mistake!

Monica

Contact me I am filing a lawsuit. They did this exact thing to me and I can’t imagine how many other people.

Customer Service

Reviewed April 3, 2024

Don't waste your time! This company is a JOKE, they are STEALING from people and lie about their billing! I HATE them! If I had another option in our town I would choose it! HORRIBLE customer service, they have to request a call from a supervisor and they mess with your plan that you pay over your 12-month period and can't explain why. They have stolen from us for 4 years and if we ever get the chance to leave them we will be gone. Complaints have gone placed with BBB and attorney general. I will continue to give nothing but poor reviews for this company as they do NOTHING to work with the customer and steal from people! The city of Hamburg MN needs to get rid of them!! Absolutely TERRIBLE!! GET OUT OF MINNESOTA!

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed Feb. 25, 2024

After installing a new smart meter at our townhome, the breaker for our garage kept kicking off and after I called and complained, they sent out a guy who after a few minutes, left a note on our door saying it wasn't their fault. Just like it wasn't their fault for creating a fire that burned over a 100 homes (Marshall Fire).

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2024

I tried to get to the bottom of what seems to be excessive price gouging. Simple questions were skirted. Troubleshooting logic ignored or otherwise stonewalled. Every inquiry made into high level market or broad consumer comparisons was met with a canned response fictitiously rooted in very specific and wholly unrelated or irrelevant ‘individual consumer protection’ legalese. Criminals, the whole lot of them!

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2023

To whom it may concern,

I had a house fire in October of 2023. In the fire, I lost one of my cats. The gas, power and water were obviously shut off. The fire remediation company had, on many occasions, requested that the power and gas were switched on again. Xcel was unable to accommodate a time and date when these services could be turned on again. I had, many times, tried to speak to someone by telephone, but I was passed from one person to the next, with none of those people being able to give me a definite answer as to why the service hadn't been restored. Abbotts had also reached many times with no result.

As the homeowner, I was no longer able to live in the house, so I was relying on the remediation company to be around when this service was required. There were multiple days when Xcel arrived but there was nobody home, despite us trying to arrange specific times for this. Xcel had both the number of the contact person from Abbotts and mine. Not once did anyone reach out to us to arrange a time.

I had another cat that was living in the house at the time. She was traumatized and hiding in the basement. I was at the house multiple times a week to ensure she had food and water. For the past 3 weeks, food has not disappeared and I now assume that she is dead as a result of the cold temperatures in the house during some of the coldest days of the year. In my mind, this could have been avoided with some simple accommodation and assistance from Xcel.

I would now demand that Xcel accommodates us with a specific time and date when someone can be at the house. I would request that you reach out to us with a realistic timeline so that we can get this resolved. I am really sad and disappointed that all of this happened but I would hope that Xcel can help us resolve this horrible situation.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2023

You are no longer allowed to call. You are no longer allowed to visit their office. The design of the website is confusing. If you read my first 3 sentences, you see that Xcel Energy business model is to make higher profit by eliminating items that are necessary to run a professional business. They have reduced their number of employees. This trend is hurting the economy by putting too many Americans out of work. If we don't work, how will we pay xcel energy. I recommend a prominent national consumer advocate named Robert Reich. He says what I said above.

Xcel Energy Company Information