Florida

3.2/5 (73 ratings)

About Duke Energy of Florida

Duke Energy of Florida Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Duke Energy of Florida?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Duke Energy of Florida?

Original review: April 20, 2022

The people are not trained. They always give you the wrong info. Very sad we have to deal with them, people are knocking mine door claiming they work with Duke Energy, I try to get license plates but they always waking, file a complaint, but nobody stops all the scammers.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I set up a service, never received the paper bill. Was set up on their new pilot online communication program which failed as I never received a bill. I only received some marketing communication. They never sent me a bill and I closed the account as it was a rental unit and the tenant took the account over. Next thing I know there is a creditor and my information was posted as a negative on my credit. Duke never did anything to correct this. I spoke to several people and they say they will get back and escalate it and they never do. I just spoke with someone named Ashley and she was so rude and put me on hold on purpose just to annoy me.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I had service transferred to me in November. On both the December and January bills they "estimated" the reading to have not changed at all. As a result there is no charge for actual electric usage. Because of this, they are charging me for a $30 minimum use charge. I would not have to pay that charge if they accurately reviewed my meter and put the actual usage in. At some point they will actually read the meter and charge me for all of the electrical usage I have used, but in the meantime they will be collecting these fees which is actually just stealing money from me.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

After months of advising customers they will be installing a new computer program (last year) and now there is more outrages with the new program! Today 01/23/2022 another emergency repair with no notice! This is one of many problems Duke Energy just keeps putting big bandages on. Here is another problem ,our line feeds thru a area where racoons or animals able to reach lines and chew thru causing line to shut down time after time! Would it be better to trim back brush?

Duke Energy Fl does not offer good energy saving programs on Manufactured Homes, it is like they are red lining against these homes so the pay someone's paycheck! These problems they are having is in every state they are operating in Ohio,Indiana, West Va, NC, SC. Etc. We are paying for a bad investment they made buying a damaged Nuclear Power plant which had a damaged reactor crack! We are paying monthly for this bad deal each and every month! When is someone going to put the brakes on and force them to clean up there act. Even the investors would agree what what is being said!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Duke Energy mistakenly reported my account to collections. My credit has been ruined for 6 years and the collection company that has the file won’t even do written correspondence. They are unprofessional, can’t make outgoing calls, and make false promises they refuse to put in writing. Duke Energy has done nothing to remedy the situation. I have disputed through the credit bureaus and Duke continues to say the debt is valid. I am out of recourses and this giant company refuses to even let me speak to a manager.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Power outage after lightning around 6:30 pm, on their app they reported services will be back 10 pm. It is 12:17 am and no services established yet. I doubt they can provide proper services on a worse event.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Don't waste your money in Duke's home wiring repair essential. They do not respond to a claim for the service for which I pay for, called many times and they have told me that some electric company was going to call me but never happened.

Original review: July 30, 2021

My mother and Stepfather were both in the ICU in 2 different hospitals with Covid. My daughter also got the Covid while visiting them and ended up having to quarantine alone at their house. I asked my daughter to try to find all their utility bills so I could pay them. She screenshot shot me the Duke Energy bill on the night of the 20th. The bill said it was due on the 20th.. $258.00. I was going to call them the next morning to call Duke and let them know what was going on and I was going to pay it. My daughter called me panicked first thing in the morning to tell me they shut off the electric. They didn’t even wait a day! I called them to let them know what was going on and they didn’t care. I had to pay the bill immediately if I wanted the electric back on. It’s Florida and 100 degrees.

My daughter was sick with Covid.. Of course I paid it and had it turned on. They said they were going to charge a $40 reconnect fee on the next bill. As if that wasn’t bad enough, my stepfather died and the day after, they sent a bill saying that on top of the next month bill, and $40 connection fee, they were going to charge a $350 deposit fee because of the late bill.. My parents never paid late, the bill was always paid on time and now my poor mother will have to pay a $700 electric bill next month, on top of her sick and her husband dead. It’s a total monopoly because there aren’t any other choices for energy around here. They are good Christian people, who are going through so much and Duke doesn’t care. I had to post this, so at least others could be aware.

Original review: July 24, 2021

I’ve had service with Duke for years and never a fan but this takes the cake. They are trying to charge me another deposit while my account currently holds a deposit. Not legal! Then I had identity stolen and have fraud alert on my credit. They are asking me to REMOVE my ONLY safeguard to my credit and lasts 7 yrs plus. You gotta be kidding me! Every small issue or any issue Duke plods along not caring if I have power and I’m 100% disabled war veteran. Makes me ill.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I called support yesterday and left a message for them to call me back. It has been 24 hours and no call. I have also sent two emails to their support and no response. I wonder when I'll hear from their claim support?

Duke Energy of Florida Company Information