Duke Energy of the Carolinas

• 6%
  • 6%
  • 84%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Duke Energy of the Carolinas?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Duke Energy of the Carolinas?
    Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 7, 2024

I’ve had power on my house for 3 years now. Keep in mind I was never on the account. It was in my husband’s name. My power has never been cut off. I am now divorcing my husband and they are saying I have to pay a $6000 power bill before I can get power back to my house. They will not answer any questions to how it got to this point and never cut off because I am not on the account. I have requested to make payments and that was denied. The customer service representative was in no way trying to help me to get this resolved. I have no way to pay that while paying all the bills in the house and an attorney at the same time. I can only hope that one day these people are put in the same situation with no one to work with them to resolve the issue!!

Reviewed June 20, 2024

Duke Energy debited a payment from my checking account for a property I don’t own and have never owned. They found the mistake and mailed a refund check to the property I don’t own. Now they are telling me that they can’t send the check to my address and for me to contact my attorney. What a complete bunch of idiots.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 7, 2024

Started service but online calendar only let me start it the next Monday, 5 days away. Old service from previous owner lapsed. I called to get service started that day. They said it would take 2 to 4 hours. I called again 4 hours later and they said they would see if they could have someone come out. 2 hours later I called again and the guy told me it was still slated for the next Monday. So the two previous ladies lied. I assume to get me off the line. I have $300 in groceries going bad and no where to put them. If they couldn't come out, it had better be because they are overloaded with work. I might just start my own electric company to give them some competition and remind them where their money comes from.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed March 28, 2024

On March 4, 2023, I was approached by Duke Energy PGD ENGINEER (Senior Engineer), Mike ** and another individual named Mike, who assured me that they wouldn't damage my field while doing work nearby. Despite my warnings about the unsuitable terrain and previous incidents of machinery getting stuck, they assured me they wouldn't proceed if there was a risk. However, on March 11, 2023, I arrived at my field (RJ HINSON SPORTS) in Haines City, Florida, to find my gate cut and my field destroyed by Duke Energy. They blatantly lied to my face and disregarded their promise. This act of negligence not only disrupted my business but also endangered my guests, including my young son. The damage caused by Duke Energy's actions forced me to close my business and relocate, resulting in significant financial losses and emotional stress.

Despite promises of assistance from Duke Energy representatives like Mike**, they have failed to take responsibility or offer any compensation for the damages. I have reached out to Duke Energy supervisors via email to understand why this happened and seek resolution, but have received no satisfactory response. Additionally, I have photographic and video evidence of the damage caused by Duke Energy's negligence. It's appalling that a company of Duke Energy's stature would stoop so low as to destroy a small business and then refuse to acknowledge their wrongdoing. Their lack of remorse and accountability is a clear indication of their disregard for small businesses and the communities they claim to support. I urge anyone considering doing business with Duke Energy to think twice and reconsider. They have shown themselves to be untrustworthy and willing to destroy livelihoods without consequences.

Reviewed March 12, 2024

I'm a new tenant at the place that is a rental property. A old tenant owes them. They are refusing me power because of it. Or they want me to pay off the old bill she owes. I think the old tenant abandoned her responsibility. But instead of opening a application in my name they have asked for the lease I've sent that they say altered. It's the only lease. I had landlord or the property manager to write a hand written note and sent them that they now want proof of ownership And the old tenant's eviction notice. Sent that also. It's not exactly from the landlord property manager but it is the exact public records I sent them. I don't think it's right. Plus not only that it's public record, it's kinda what they asked for as far as the eviction. There was no eviction. The old tenant left and abandoned everything. And that is not my fault. And I am having a hard time understanding.

Customer Service

Reviewed March 4, 2024

Submitted Fri, Jan 5, Work Order: **. It's been two months. No street light repairs have been completed. Very suboptimal response and resolution time. Didn't except such a poor service from Duke Energy.

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2024

Duke Energy is ridiculous. I honestly believe they cheat people out of money. I wasn't home for 3 weeks. Cut electricity off and they said my electric bill was still 300. I think they just base it off past amounts. They have gotten rich off screwing people. And don't feel ashamed at all I'm sure.

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2024

I spoke to a Lester first about my bill going from $60-80 to $150 when I stay in a one bedroom apartment. No kids. Only me and I travel for work so I’m barely home and he treated me so poorly. Kept reading a chart going over my usage and I kept explaining that usage is wrong because I’m never here for my bill to keep getting higher, I asked to speak to senior support. I have the next level of supporting. Amy get on the line and she treated me very poorly worse than the other representative, she talked to me like a robot and wouldn't empathize, I let her know to please be human for once and she said, "Your bill is your bill. We looked at the meter. Your usage is your usage," and there’s nothing they can do for me. I just have to pay the bill guys. My bill is $150 for someone who is never home and I don’t keep anything on. I can’t wait to have another electricity company but right now Duke Energy is what I have to use while I’m here in North Carolina.

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2024

I got set up with service 1 1/2 years ago. Set it on auto pay and paperless billing. No word from them until last Wed. Now they want $2,772.53 or they will shut off my power. Any other company would have let you know within days of your first bill that something was wrong. Not Duke. The best they are willing to do is if I give them $891.93 right now and they will put me on a plan where I will be paying $439 plus current bill over the next 5 months. Who has basically $900.00 lying around in this economy? They aren't even willing to give me till payday.

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

I moved to the Rocky Mount area in 2020 and dealing with Duke Energy has been a pain, frequent outages every other month at least even on clear days. If it were possible to leave less than one star I would.

Duke Energy of the Carolinas Company Information