1.26/5

Need a utility company?

New England

388 Petro Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 22, 2019

Prompt, friendly, fair. My wife has severe breathing problems and needs air conditioning. Ours quit working. I called for service and they schedule a technician the following morning. He was on time, diagnosed the problem and invoiced a very fair price. I would highly recommend their service.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I never really write reviews but I just felt like I had to mention a few things. My mom doesn't speak English AT ALL and Julie just happened to be the rep she spoke with. It was so great having a Mandarin speaker. Usually I have to do every little thing but my mom told me Julie answered all her questions which is a first as she is tough to deal with as is. Thank you Julie for a seamless transaction and being so patient with the elderly. 5 stars for Julie and Petro!

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I've been a commercial customer since 2010. As a PM, they have been incredibly responsive to my building issues. I've usually dealt with Lisa ** and she's been a great help with getting me answers on projects while meeting me with competitive pricing. I've been a customer and will continue to be a loyal customer because getting great service without getting gauged with paying a huge premium does not happen, especially in NYC!

Original review: May 17, 2019

It took them three technicians to get our annual tuneup right on our furnace. The second one came out and threatened us if we said anything bad about the first who was his friend. The same thing happened with the air conditioning tune-up. The second tech is coming up in two weeks as of this review. I don't know what is wrong but I have never experienced a company this incompetent in my life. There are plenty of good local companies that will service your heat/AC systems and be glad for your business. If you make no other decision this year, make the decision to stay away from Petro.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Oil prices are extremely high. Do your research before you sign with them. I am a new homeowner first time buying oil. I did not research. Signed up with them. Got my first delivery. Bill was left outside in the rain all day. Did not receive anymore bills from them. Tried calling. Got it paid then received a bill for a cancellation charge of $400 or was told I could save that by resigning up with a $500 fee. Terrible company. Go local. Will be treated better and save money. Prices were about 0.40 cents cheaper per gallon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petro?

Original review: April 29, 2019

Petro Home Services is a a TERRIBLE company. They called me in February and worked out with me that if I paid 36 bucks more a month then I wouldn’t have a balloon payment at the end. THEN they slipped in an extra delivery just to really screw me, and now the balloon payment is even HIGHER than it would have been. These ** oil companies are crooks! To make things worse, you try to talk to other oil companies before your contract is up and THEY’RE ALL OWNED BY THE SAME COMPANY AND WON'T EVEN TALK TO YOU!!!

Original review: April 26, 2019

First of all they have an "Early Termination Fee"... which is really an extortionist means of intimidation. They experience no losses, material or otherwise. This is a means by which they feel that they can keep the normally timid masses under their heel. They tout themselves as a "full service company". That they are. They service your wallet and not much else to the benefit of the customers... except charging them $0.40 more per gallon than any other of the local firms. They did "pack" my tank at the end of the heating season. Knowing that my money has been "tanked" by the driver that refuses to obey a sign not to fill more than 50 gallons. Serviced again.

They threaten to charge me their infamous "Early termination Fee". Whoopee. This "full service" company then informed me that they were going to cancel my furnace service contract, which was paid in full, and appointment made. I wonder if the word fraud or receiving moneys through deception rings a bell with them. They don't realize that all contracts are separate and several. So much for their unilateral cancellation attempts. So far, I have bills that are with and without the ETF. Retired with time and money.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Stay clear of this company! They use bait and switch tactics. And rip you off. They will tell you one thing yet do another. And then tell you to pay more money. They need to be investigated as I am not the only one with accusations like these.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I bought a house in Ct and had oil heat for the first time. I used Petro because they were the most recognizable name. I was under contract for the first season but did not renew. Since I had now been living in the area for over a year I decided to explore some of the local oil service providers. Well before the next winter Petro made a delivery to me (despite not renewing my contract) and charged a price that was just about double everyone else. When I called them they offered discounts based on renewing my contract and staying with them another year. If I did not renew the excessive rate they charged would not be negotiated. I signed with someone else for significantly less and personal courteous service. At a time when heating costs are a significant part of everyone's overall expenses and when every dollar counts, it is disappointing that a company would use such tactics to retain business and intimidate customers.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I have been a customer for a few years now. If you are looking for a Company with helpful nice technicians to meet your heating and cooling needs Petro has them. BUT! attached to them is the most incompetent, inadequate, subpar and the most archaic systems for billing and delivery around. You want all this baggage, so you must love frustration, then Petro is definitely for you! If I could I would give them zero stars. This company cares a lot about making money and not about their customers!

For two years in a row Petro decided to stop taking auto-deductions from my account due to a computer "glitch" and caused me to have a large outstanding balance at the end of their calendar year. Last year they reduced my auto deductions due to an "anomaly in their system" and even though I sent a strongly worded email never to do this again. Petro went back to the normal withdrawal but reverted to withdrawing less money once again. All these mistakes led to another outstanding balance.

This winter Petro decided not to give me my normal oil drop around mid February, and my tank went dry yesterday. My last drop was December 7th and I wasn't scheduled until April 23rd. So when I called to ask why they canceled my drop in February I was told the computer showed I still had 125 gallons left in my tank. My reply was "I don't have volumetric smart sensor on my tank. So why is this stated on your system?" I got silence on the phone. They could not drop off oil off yesterday because they were busy and the rep I talked to could care less about my plight. When the tech came he could only give me less than 10 gallons bc that was all he had in the truck, so I went out and bought 11 gallons more to last me through the this morning.

The other 2 major oil companies in my area are either the same or worse than Petro according to other friends and neighbors who use these companies. You will be dancing with the Devil if you sign with Petro, and you will eventually get burned. If you sign with Petro be prepared to write down names, times and reasons why you call their 800 number seeking help! All the best in search for a competent company. If you find one please let me know!

Original review: March 25, 2019

I would love to give zero stars but I have to give one it says. I am supposed to be locked in and a set rate per gallon but the last time Petro filled my tank they charged me almost $4 a gallon. I received a bill for $700 and the receipt also stated they had to make a double fill. I only have one tank and was not empty when they can because they came a couple of months prior. I have never paid that much for my tank to be filled and when I called to question it they said we cannot do anything about it. You owe the money and the double fill. They said they go off what the machine prints out for the receipt. I know I was scammed but they are refusing to look Into. I have been a customer for 7 years and all of a sudden I am having nothing but trouble with Petro and overcharging my acct.

Petro response

Colleen- We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We would love the opportunity to discuss this with you, please message us privately with a direct phone number where you can be reached and a manager will be in touch with you shortly. Regards Petro Home Services

Original review: March 24, 2019

Do yourself a favor. Don’t do automatic deliveries. They’ll charge you the top price of heating oil no matter what. It could be 1.59, and they’d charge you 3.69. Place is a rip off. After 3 deliveries, $2500 bill. $800 to not even fill my tank? **. Stay away. Stay faaarrrr away. I’m putting a lock on my tank to keep these criminals out of it. Petro Home Services is complete rip off. Your warning is here. I hate reviews but damn if they don’t rip people off.

Petro response

Zack- thank you for reaching out to us. We are very sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction. Petro prides itself on delivering the best customer service possible and our customers are always our #1 priority. We would love the opportunity to discuss this with you and prove to you that we would love to earn your business. Please reach out directly to our Customer Service Manager, Rich. Looking forward to speaking with you. Regards, Petro Home Services

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: March 21, 2019

Updated on 5/20/2019: Months have gone by, and I still receive weekly calls from Petro telling me about the balance on my account, even though I explain the situation to them each time. They've made no attempt to rectify the situation, however are still holding me accountable for the oil delivered when I had been out of the house for over 5 months. One week an employee even told me that if I submitted paperwork proving that I was no longer living in the house at the time of delivery that they would reallocate the charges as necessary. I've done this and Petro will not honor this.

Original Review: I was renting a place and tried to cancel automatic deliveries in May. They told me that I couldn't cancel, but only freeze the account. I moved out of the rental in September, and they delivered in January and charged the bill to my account, even though there were new tenants in the house. Now I'm stuck with a 600$ bill that no one else will take responsibility for.

Petro response

Daniel- thank you for reaching out to us. We are very sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction. Petro prides itself on delivering the best customer service possible and our customers are always our #1 priority. We would love the opportunity to discuss this with you and prove to you that we would love to earn your business. Please message us privately with a direct phone number where you can be reached and a manager will be in touch with you shortly. Regards Petro Home Services

Original review: March 20, 2019

Always trying to get money out of me. Everytime. This last instance is for my fireplace. Petro never delivered even though I had a contract with them. It took 2 weeks and my propane tank ran dry. When he did show he filled it and blew out my lines which with the amount of pressure he used blew out my pilot and my valve. He could not fix it so I had a company come in that could. The company suggested a new regulator was needed on the propane tank that BELONGS to Petro. I called and was told there would be no charge because it was THEIR regulator. 2 weeks later I get a bill for 119.49 for a diagnostic fee. These people are thieves.

Petro response

Jennifer- We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We would love the opportunity to discuss this with you, please message us privately with a direct phone number where you can be reached and a manager will be in touch with you shortly. Regards Petro Home Services

Original review: March 20, 2019

I had Lewis Energy who was taken over by the mob Petro. I was on automatic delivery and didn’t receive oil. It was a glitch in the system. Petro didn’t want to pay for drivers and overworked the ones that they had. When Petro took over a bunch of companies like Lewis, they doubled their service contracts. I was paying 175 for a service contract and when Petro took over they charged me another $188.00 because their service contract is almost 400 dollars. Petro took these customers on and slipped these charges in without most people knowing. Petro delivers their oil always at the ceiling price, if oil goes down they still rip you off by charging you the ceiling price which is higher than any other company out there. If you still have these thief’s in place call them after every delivery and tell them to charge you a lower price.

Also when you cancel the contract an oil truck filled to the top will race to your house so they can fill your tank. When your contract is up tell them not to deliver anymore oil, they will attempt to deliver oil the day before your contract expires. They place you on hold for hours on end and transfer you all over the place. I always ask for a supervisor and demand that they lower the price for passed deliveries. Get rid of them and run them out of business, they treat people like stupid sheep and take advantage of the middle class. Watch the late fees as well, they had numerous late fees on my account and they stated that their computer automatically bills you if you’re not paid up in full every month, they are the ones who advise you on what to pay monthly based on your usage. This makes absolutely zero sense.

If your usage is 300 a month that’s 3600 dollars a year so why would you be getting fees that you the customer have to monitor and then have them removed. I was also told that if my account went over budget by 500 dollars that they would automatically alert me, guess what they never did and I had a huge balance to pay. Get rid of them immediately and hire a small company who needs the business.

Petro response

Leyland- We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We would love the opportunity to discuss this with you, please message us privately with a direct phone number where you can be reached and a manager will be in touch with you shortly. Regards Petro Home Services

Original review: March 14, 2019

If there is no star I can give them and they ripped you. They promise something else and deliver some else. At the time of taking service they told us they will charge according to market price but they charge more than that. Market price is 2.69-2.99 and they charged me 4.049. Please do not buy heating oil from them. Introductory price is good after that they will ripped you. Please read all reviews most are the talking same about that, I am with them from 2 years they just charged me too much.

Petro response

Gulshan- We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We would love the opportunity to discuss this with you, please message us privately with a direct phone number where you can be reached and a manager will be in touch with you shortly. Regards Petro Home Services

Original review: March 14, 2019

I am on a 2 year contract. I chose the ceiling option where i locked in at 3.89 per gallon. The reason I did this was that if the market rate is lower than the 3.89 per gallon I should be paying that price. I've had 5 deliveries this winter and the lowest I paid was 3.88 per gallon. I checked the NYS average oil price which was 2.69 per gallon. I called the Hudson Valley office and was told that even though the market price is lower I have to pay for the service of locking in at 3.89 per gallon. If I wanted to terminate my contract they will charge me $700.00. I have never been treated so poorly and been lied to. I was sold on the ceiling price to take advantage of the benefit of the market price. The first year I was with them they honored that. Then I signed the two year agreement and they refuse to charge me the lower price. What an unethical way to run a company. I'm very disappointed.

Petro response

Timothy- We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We would love the opportunity to discuss this with you, please message us privately with a direct phone number where you can be reached and a manager will be in touch with you shortly. Regards Petro Home Services

Original review: March 13, 2019

I was a Petro customer for 15 years, mostly because my wife managed the utility bills and liked having auto-delivery and peace of mind of a service contract. We recently divorced and I did a review of our Petro account. I looked at gallons delivered, average price and compared against historical pricing data. In 2018 ALONE Petro was over $600 more than Cash on Delivery pricing and about $400 more than another local company my neighbor uses. At many times Petro is selling heating oil at MORE than what it would cost to buy automotive diesel, which is a cleaner higher grade fuel and has NJ and Fed taxes!

Their service contract is for $560 a year. For that you get 24/7 service, but the reality is, if you schedule your tune-up, they come out, change a filter and maybe a nozzle, brush the dust off the intake vent and check combustion. Important things for sure, but that is a couple of hundred dollar service call, not nearly $600. I canceled my service and had a credit with them for nearly $500 because I was expecting one more delivery of oil before I did my research. It's taken 3 phone calls and two weeks and they still can't tell me when they will issue a check. Yet their customer retention people have called me several times trying to get me back. I'm on track to save over $1000 in heating costs for 2019 by DITCHING Petro!

Petro response

Jake- We are very sorry to hear about your experience and that you have decided to part ways with Petro. Based on the conversation with our Customer Service Managers we are saddened to know we were unable to come to a solution mutually satisfying for both parties as it relates to your account. We do appreciate your loyalty and sincerely hope that we may continue to build our rapport with you as Petro remains committed to our customers. Best Regards, Petro Home Services

Original review: March 10, 2019

Failed to fill tank, furnace quit working - I’ve been with Petro oil for 20 years. Twice a year they call me to let me know they’re coming to fill my tank. They called to set an appointment Thursday morning for Friday. When I got home Thursday night I had no heat. Long story short the tank was empty and as a result my furnace failed. The technician was at my house at midnight and told me the circuit board was fried but It was just a coincidence that they happened at the same time (Common sense dictates there was a domino effect. When my furnace couldn’t get oil it overheated and fried the board Which in turn trip the circuit breaker OK. It is a possibility that the fail system which should’ve prevented this didn’t work. However If my tank was not allowed to run out this would not have been an issue).

I was told Thursday night and Friday morning that Petro would cover it because they made a mistake. 24 hours later my house is 55°. When the technician arrived Friday night I told him who I had spoken to and that they said to send the charge to that department. The technician said that person was not authorized to tell me that and unless I agreed to pay 500 dollars for A new circuit board he was leaving. He said I wasn’t being charged for a service call just for the cost of the board. (I’ve since looked the board of online. It’s $120 board from a local warehouse.) I was very upset and called Petro while the technician went outside. Petro couldn’t get a supervisor to talk to me. The technician came back in and I was still on the phone. I told him I was waiting to talk to a supervisor. He said if it didnt come directly from (name) he wasn’t doing the work. I felt I had no choice but to agree to it. The technician was here two hours.

He replaced the circuit board and tried to start the system back up but it repeatedly failed. In the process of working on my system he tripped my circuit breaker five times before he decided it was another issue with a safety switch that shuts power when you remove the panel to the blower section (I had checked that while on the phone with Petro Thursday evening and it was working). Regardless, he didn’t have the switch in his truck and he didn’t know when they could order it or when they would be back.

He also said because he was tripping my circuit breaker that he may have fried the second board. I asked him did I have to pay for another board and he said no just the first one. He wanted me to sign his service call and I said I would sign when they fixed my furnace. I called Petro 30 minutes after he left and spoke to a gentleman. He told me two things. One the technician had called in and had left a note that he was never to be sent to my house again and that a Petro supervisor would call me Saturday morning. It is now Sunday And I am still without heat. Petro has not called to speak with me or give me any time frame for the repair of my furnace.

Petro response

Liz- We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We would love the opportunity to discuss this with you, please message us privately with a direct phone number where you can be reached and a manager will be in touch with you shortly. Regards Petro Home Services

Original review: March 7, 2019

Horrible service! I was told that as part of the contract they will come and do cleaning and replace a filter for the furnace! The guy came in, turned my heater off and said I will not start it back up since it's old and not working properly. There was no issue with the furnace before. They refuse to start it back up and threatened me that they will stop oil deliveries if I or a contractor that is not employed by PETRO will start it up or inspect it or if needed fix it. It's 18 degrees outside and I have elderly parents living here.

I called them to inform them that their actions can cause my pipes to free up and can cause serious health issues. They said, "It's not a problem. We can come install a new system for 12,000 dollars.” To make matters worse I can't cancel and go with someone else since they charge crazy high fees for early termination. This could be classified as extortion. Weeks later I'm living with space heaters trying to not freeze or get sick. Today is 3/7/19 and it's 18 degrees outside.

Petro response

Boris- We are very sorry to hear about your experience and that you have decided to part ways with Petro. Based on the conversation with our Customer Service Managers we are saddened to know we were unable to come to a solution mutually satisfying for both parties as it relates to your account. We do appreciate your loyalty and sincerely hope that we may continue to build our rapport with you as Petro remains committed to our customers. Best regards, Petro Home Services

Original review: March 3, 2019

Before I sign the contract for the variable rate of the oil service for my rental property, I changed my mind because I may need to switch gas. The sales rep from Baltimore area told me no problem, I don't need to pay anything and I can cancel the service, since I DIDN'T EVEN SIGN THE CONTRACT OR USE THE SERVICE. After that, the nightmare happened, I keep getting the bill even plus late fee for the service I never used or signed for. It has been 2 months. Every time when I talked to the Petro service staff or the sales guy they all said they will take care of it. However, I am keeping getting the bill. It is ridiculous to me or apparently not legal to me to charge customer for the service I never used or no signed contract existed. Don't go with Petro service if you want to have peace of mind. I am hoping to get some help from here so I can stop the nightmare.

Petro response

Kang-Hsin, We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Please see our private message requesting a direct phone number where you can be reached so a manager can be in touch to address your concerns. Best Regards, Petro Home Services

Original review: March 2, 2019

I bought into the door to door salesman who left me the bill of goods on my door. Here's what happened after I signed up: Four days of scheduled deliveries came and went, to the point where I was going to run and and kept calling to plead with them that I was running out. I literally got down to the last ten gallons of that before they arrived. Their response each day? "You're scheduled for delivery today."

Received the bill, not in my name of course, only spelled out my name when signing up and the person on the other line read it back to me. All looked good but spelled completely wrong on the bill. Thought that was the reason I wasn't able to log in online, but no. Just reached out to see how to pay them, and the response? "Our website's been a mess for a while". A month later and still not fixed!! However they did say just call in and pay over the phone without a penalty. Ok called to make a payment. Get customer service who couldn't help, but assured me they would pass me along to billing and they would call me right back. A week later I just said screw it and threw the check in the mail.

Looked at my tank the two days ago and it is not even a fraction below a half a tank, in fact the line is touching. So I get a delivery the very next day saying they delivered 150 gallons... WHAT! It didn't even fill the tank and I only have a 230/240 gal tank. Called to figure out how this is possible. Again customer service who told me it was because it was cold outside... Yes that is correct, it was cold outside so magically my tank could take more oil than it holds apparently and not be full at the same time. So once again the person said that a manager would call to handle this. Yeah not holding my breath. They obviously didn't call back today and I won't hear from them. Buyer seriously beware. Document everything! Two months in and I'm already being put in a position to run this up the legal flagpole to see what can be done.

Petro response

Criag- We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Please see our private message requesting a direct phone number where you can be reached so a manager can be in touch to address your concerns. Best Regards, Petro Home Services

Original review: March 1, 2019

I have been a long time customer of Petro, and have renewed my service contract with them yearly. Even though the price keep increasing and increasing. For my protection I choose the Ceiling price option and locked my rate at $3.779. According to the agreement if the Market price is Low I will always be charge the Market price but if the market price is higher I won’t pay more than my Locked "ceiling price" which as per NYSERDA has been in the 3.20s per gallon range. But Petro have been charging me the ceiling price of 3.779 for every single delivery from November to February 19, 2018. For a 225 gallon tank, that is a huge price hike. Where is the justification for this?

I have called customer service and spend hours talking and explaining my problem and all they said, "It’s you agreed to that price, there is nothing we can do about it. Te price in the NYSERDA is just an average. You shouldn’t be looking at it." Is this a Joke? I have requested to talk to a Manager but a month ago when I called the first time they said that they will have a manager call me back. It’s been 2 months and still waiting for a call. I called again today and spend another 45 minutes with another customer service rep and got nowhere, no answers, no help. I explained to her that my neighbors got deliveries and a very low price per gallon than me and she said she assumes it’s a new customer who got a promotional rate. Are you serious. You offer promotional rates to NEW CUSTOMERS. What about the current 10+ years customers, it’s customers your #1 Priority???

So far I spend $3500 in heating oil and winter is not over yet. Over the years that I have been your customer I spend thousands of dollars in your company and only the “new customers” gets a good deal, no fair. I won’t be renewing my contract with your company, and will Never recommend your company to anyone or will inform that only the first year they will get a good deal. Basically that is what Petro does. Offers a great deal to gain new customers but don't care about their existing customers, which by away should be the other way around. You should take care of your existing customers first, and please train your customer service staff how to treat customers. I don't even want to go there.

Petro response

Melida- We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Please see our private message requesting a direct phone number where you can be reached so a manager can be in touch to address your concerns. Best Regards, Petro Home Services

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

First, their pricing models are deceptive and their reps clearly use scare tactics to try and get you into a more profitable plan. When we originally signed up over a year ago, oil prices were declining and were forecasted to remain low. However, their rep kept ensuring us "prices are going up, they're going to get worse, this plan is better." Right... When we didn't want an oil delivery for one month due to low use and that we were going to be away, they hit us with an early termination fee of $399. Their contracts auto renew, but unfortunately I'm not sure where it says that in there, since I was never provided with a copy of the contract and they don't have them available in the online portal. So the only way to stop oil delivery temporarily is to pay them? And the only way to cancel their contract is to pay them? Save yourself the time, money, and aggravation, switch to gas.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Was told when I signed my year contract and from what I gathered from Petro.com that The Petro ceiling plan would adjust if prices went lower. Petro did not and was about a $1 more than local competitors at the time of my delivery. I contacted them multiple times by email about this, due to my work schedule, and the fact that I have emailed them in the past and had good experience that way, but this time I keep getting "Someone in billing will get back to you". Highly disappointed with the way they handled this, coming from the previous owner of my house never had an issue with the time they used them.

Petro response

Joshua- We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We would love the opportunity to discuss this with you so we can address the issue and rectify the situation. Please provide a direct phone number where you can be reached and a manager will be in touch with you shortly. Regards, Petro Home Services

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

They keep putting oil every month or whenever they come around to take care of other people's business. In November they put 1900 worth oil. After two months had another delivery 1456 dollars. Today again 934$ supply. When I called today the lady told me to call back tomorrow and, speak with an account specialist. What is she doing there if she can't help? I think they are fraud, I am going to end my service on March 31. If I do IT before there is an early termination fee. Don't get in their trap. Search before you buy.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

If I can choose 0 stars, that would be my rating. Petro service is horrible. They don't know how to handle an emergency. I was without heat and hot water during the most coldest days in winter. We requested for 5-8pm window, instead the technician came to see us at 1pm and we were not able to come home to meet him. Let me tell you about the technician visits, we have requested for half an hour notice, so we can get back home, but if we run late, the technicians harass you that if you don't get there, they will leave. Since we are so frustrated or desperate for their service, we plead with them or rush to get home... Dire circumstance.

When we called back, we expected them to apologize for sending service at the wrong time and expect them to send the technician immediately as it is an emergency, but were told the technician was only able to come in the midnight. It was impossible for us to stay up so late, due to working/school days the following day.

When they offered us the usual wide window, 8 am to 12pm, we took it hoping they will send the technician to us first thing, since they will understand the emergency. The following day, I called the customer service at 8am, was told we were the first people the technician would visit, so we waited patiently in the cold. I didn't hear from anyone until 10am, so I kept calling them every few minutes from then on and every person that received the call, explain the situation that I am waiting since yday and have no heat or hot water the whole day, so I am hoping to see a technician immediately. I would be told we are the next people. And so the calls continued until 3pm (3 hours over the window). I was told there was another major emergency and technician should not be expected until 4pm.

That was the final straw, I was super upset!! What is the definition of an emergency?!! I was so upset on the phone that even customer service recommended I speak with the field supervisor. I am still waiting for that call. Guess they will call me a week after, so that I will be somewhat over this aggravation. I am definitely not continuing with Petro. We have been customers with Petro for 4/5 years. This isn't the first time that this has happened. Horrible service!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I called in January, 2019 for a service call. It was between I think 5 & 6 at night. I was told because of the very cold weather they could not send a serviceman till possibly the next day. I asked them why and response was, "We are busy because of the cold weather and all techs were out." I had no heat and asked why a customer for about 20 years they would not be able to accommodate. They called the service office and said they could come at 3am. I thought that was crazy. They called back and said the tech would be at my house at 12am, 12:30 the phone rang and said the tech had an emergency and would come at 8am. Was mine not an emergency? He came the next day and did what he had to do. I asked him what the wax crystal was coming out of the pipe. He did not know and said I would have to call a plumber. I have a service contract with everything! Why would I have to call a plumber?

He said he would write it down; however I never got a copy of what he did. I had previously called to ask when they were coming to service my unit and they said Possibly March! I told them they always called to schedule the appointment and she said, "Oh we don’t do that anymore, you have to call!" Really? They used to call in August to set up an appointment for September, Never had a problem. The service now is terrible, the people on the phone are rude and hopefully you have heat because they don’t come right away.

I also have the A/C contract. Let’s see what happens with that. This company is not the same as it used to be. A lot of techs retired or they made them retire and now pay them less money I’m sure! Before my contract is up I will be looking for a new company who is also a 24 hour service that really comes! Such a shame it’s gone so downhill because of new management! I read the good reviews and the bad reviews and I have my review and I would lean towards the bad reviews because this has happened more than once in the past few years! The only thing that made this company is the tech I had. He was a very nice person.

Petro response

Margaret- thank you for reaching out to us. We are very sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction. Petro prides itself on delivering the best customer service possible and our customers are always our #1 priority. We would love the opportunity to discuss this with you and prove to you that we would love to earn your business. Please provide a direct phone number where you can be reached and a manager will be in touch with you shortly. Regards, Petro Home Services

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I was a customer a with Petro for 3 years before I became aware of their unfair pricing practices. Don't let them fool you with their story of how they are a full service energy provider. Based on my research, they are selling oil at a rate that's about 50% higher than other full service providers who offer auto delivery in my area. Do your research, and then cancel your service with Petro.

Petro response

Chad- thank you for reaching out to us. We are very sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction. Petro prides itself on delivering the best customer service possible and our customers are always our #1 priority. We would love the opportunity to discuss this with you and prove to you that we would love to earn your business. Please message us privately with a direct phone number where you can be reached and a manager will be in touch with you shortly. Regards Petro Home Services

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

This company is a complete scam. I was referred to them by the previous home owner who used them and it has been nothing short of a disaster. I scheduled a delivery with the company and after receiving the delivery, noticed that their cost was much higher than any other local company was charging. After calling numerous times without resolve or answer, I received a call back stating that I signed a contract and that if I wanted to terminate the contract would be 399.00. I asked them where and when I signed this supposed contract, and they couldn't give me an answer either.

I further inquired into pricing and was told it's ceiling pricing and that there was a conflict in Afghanistan and that is why the price has increased. While I was looking at active cost of oil, which was $53.00 a barrel, the representative told me that it was currently 70 dollars. When I asked what exchange he said he got it on an email. The guy was a clueless as rest of workers here. Stay the hell away from these scamming company.

Petro response

Robert- We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We would like to speak with you directly so that we can address the issue and rectify the situation but are having some trouble locating your account based on the information provided. Please message us privately with a direct phone number where you can be reached and a manager will be in touch with you shortly. Regards Petro Home Services

Petro Company Information