1.43/5

Need a utility company?

New England

Need a utility company?

394 Petro Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 31, 2019

I moved into my home 4 months ago, my first house, I was told to go with Petro and I couldn't be more satisfied. My boiler stopped working and they sent out a service tech, the service tech took the time to explain how my boiler works and what went wrong. After replacing a electrical part my boiler fired right up. The serviceman waited to make sure it ran thru a cycle before completing the job. I have been very happy with this company. They are top notch. I trust them and wouldn't use anyone else for the peace of mind knowing that they will be there when I need them.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I purchased a new home in Connecticut last year and choose Petro to do my oil delivery and tune up for the furnace. They have always been very courteous and professional. My oil prices are very fair and the customer service is top notch. I have had two tune ups now and just recently had a small issue with my furnace and they came out right away and fixed it easily. All the service technicians I've had out to my house have been outstanding and very professional. I would recommend this company to anyone. I am more than pleased with Petro and the top notch service I have received.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Prompt, friendly, fair. My wife has severe breathing problems and needs air conditioning. Ours quit working. I called for service and they schedule a technician the following morning. He was on time, diagnosed the problem and invoiced a very fair price. I would highly recommend their service.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I never really write reviews but I just felt like I had to mention a few things. My mom doesn't speak English AT ALL and Julie just happened to be the rep she spoke with. It was so great having a Mandarin speaker. Usually I have to do every little thing but my mom told me Julie answered all her questions which is a first as she is tough to deal with as is. Thank you Julie for a seamless transaction and being so patient with the elderly. 5 stars for Julie and Petro!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I've been a commercial customer since 2010. As a PM, they have been incredibly responsive to my building issues. I've usually dealt with Lisa ** and she's been a great help with getting me answers on projects while meeting me with competitive pricing. I've been a customer and will continue to be a loyal customer because getting great service without getting gauged with paying a huge premium does not happen, especially in NYC!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petro?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Signed with Petro in December of last year, and their first delivery which was Jan 3rd was a nightmare. 3 days after they came to fill up our oil we had a oil spill at the time I was 2 months pregnant and the smell of oil made me very sick. Once notified they came here within 2 hours of the call and told us it was over filled and plugged up a broke hole in the valve. Everything was fine after that until the second problem we had. Second issue in April. We had no hot water due to a broken valve which was still has not been fixed. Third issue was we replaced a thermostat due to damage of the old one by a flood on the house Called Petro. They sent a technician and the guy was not helpful. He said they would send a specialist who never came. Luckily I have my brother a contractor who fixed it. Fourth issue which was recently, I was in the house and smelled something burning. Now 9 months pregnant. My husband said it outside and I said, "no something is wrong."

I went to take a shower and my husband ran up the stair and said, "hurry up the there is smoke under the boiler," and the smell of burning oil got stronger. A technician came about 3 hours later and said there was no oil in the tank and that is what caused this to happen. This is now August the technician then told us that they forgot to do a delivery. Forgot to do a delivery between April and August. Like seriously we have tenants with a child and myself expecting. This is not okay. The technician they made a call to have an oil delivery scheduled for the following morning, which never happened. No one ever came. The following day I had come home and was using the sink in the kitchen and again no hot water.

I myself called Petro and complained again and told her I was 9 months pregnant, we have a tenant with a 4 y.o child and that this was not okay. The lady on the phone then told me there was a scheduled delivery for the day prior in which no one showed up. The response time was about 3 hours after I made the call and the delivery ended up being 210 gallons of oil. Normally they deliver 130. My husband called Petro to speak to a supervisor and of course they never called back avoiding the issue. So now we have a $608 oil bill because they FORGOT to do a delivery. I am beside myself with this and I do not think we should be charged because they FORGOT and put me in a health hazard situation by breathing in fumes. If they think they can treat people like this then they shouldn't be in business. My baby is due any day and this happened a few days ago.

Original review: July 18, 2019

On 7/16/19 a.m. I agreed to a 1-year contract. Within a few hours, I sent an e-mail to Petro requesting the contract be rescinded. I followed up with a phone call a few hours later and spoke with a Petro representative repeating my request. I thought I had 24 hours to cancel a contract. The next day I received a call from Petro telling me laws changed and I had no right to cancel without being fined. I do not know if this is true but it certainly does make for good customer relations.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I had a burning smell coming from my oil burner. Petro came the same day to service the system. The technician took his time diagnosing the problem. It was reassuring knowing they are available 24/7 on the same day of the call.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Petro is currently charging 3.79 for a gallon of oil! Where on earth did they get this price from? How is it cheap? How am I protected? I have since found out that there are cheaper options from their competitors. Shame that although the service is great.. But I suppose that's what we pay for! Ms C **.

Original review: May 17, 2019

It took them three technicians to get our annual tuneup right on our furnace. The second one came out and threatened us if we said anything bad about the first who was his friend. The same thing happened with the air conditioning tune-up. The second tech is coming up in two weeks as of this review. I don't know what is wrong but I have never experienced a company this incompetent in my life. There are plenty of good local companies that will service your heat/AC systems and be glad for your business. If you make no other decision this year, make the decision to stay away from Petro.

Petro Company Information