New England

2.4/5 (636 ratings)

About Petro

Petro Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petro?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petro?

Original review: April 4, 2022

I received a bill that was too high, I know that the oil is expensive, but raising the price of the oil from 4.30 to 6.79 is ridiculous. DON'T USE Petro. I will never call them ever again. This company want to charge for everything.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Just got oil delivery. Automatic delivery (which they seem to do as soon as there is a reason to run the price up, needed or not). $6.509 / gallon for #2 oil. That’s criminal, Putin or no Putin. Clear price gouging. I paid $4.89 / gallon, Petro pricing, last month, which is still insane. Stay away from Petro.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I ordered oil on January 25th 2022 100 gallons for $325. They took the money right out of my bank account and I never heard back on a delivery date, so I called 3 days later and the women on the phone conveniently says "Oh you’re scheduled for today," my delivery came and my tank was at 1/4. After I received my oil I checked my tank and I was only at a 1/2. That was not 100 gallons, I called PETRO OIL and the “MANAGER” tells me to shake my tank!! Never heard that before, we also never received a receipt, the “MANAGER” said he would email right over to me…. Well it’s now been 24 hours later and several phones later with no email with my receipt. PETRO OIL YOU ARE NON TRUSTWORTHY.. I should have known with all these 1 star reviews.. Next time I’ll do my homework as you should too and NOT TRUST PETRO OIL. PERIOD.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

Petro Home Services was supposed to come to my house to work on the heat and thermostat from 12 - 3 PM today. They called at 2:30, said they had one stop before me and would be here around 3:30. It is now 7:01 PM and I am still waiting for them to show up. I called the office (another terrible experience because the wait lines to talk to someone are so long, every I wind up being a callback) and they said the technicians were 3 towns away. They have not kept their word and they care nothing about the time they make you wait. Their services contracts have taken a quantum jump in expense, but their service is the worst it has ever been.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

This company tells you everything that makes one feel using this company will be the right choice. I had a few red flags but since I was locked in I became stuck with them. Although I signed with them in November I had my first delivery 1-11-22. I had my oil tank relocated and in order to get a delivery I had in no uncertain terms I had to use their technicians to approve the work. Using their technician came at a price and the 20gals that was put into the tank cost me 64.00. When I called to get the tech I was given a window of time not knowing someone already came before time and I sat in a cold house for over 5 hours now.

Today (1-17-22) I called to question why I bill is 790.59 when I was to I am on a “smart budget” and my payments will not be more than 340. Talking with the customer rep her best response was their oil is “SUPERIOR“ than most company. Hence the high price. I am an unhappy customer and I know I have choices and using this company is my worst choice. I ask to get out even before a delivery was made and they hold you at ransom for $400 in order to get out. Please potential customer of Petro do not use this company. Do all research and the reviews you are seeing is all real. I have to give a “star” and giving this company one is is way too much.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

My furnace (which Petro sold me and installed) began leaking and I asked them if they could send someone out to take a look at it perhaps fix it. They basically told me “get bent unless you sign a contract whoever you have been buying your oil from can come and fix your furnace.” I found this to be very rude and dismissive, they sold me the furnace and installed it, but did not want to be bothered assisting me unless I signed an exclusive contract to purchase all of my heating oil from Petro. Because of this profoundly negative experience, I doubt I will ever do business with them again provided it isn’t unavoidable.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I've given them too many chances. There is no way I will be signing up with this company again when my contract expires. Over a dollar more per gallon compared to others. Total ripoff company. Beware!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Not only could they not manage to call before their deliveries EVER the worst complaint comes from the move I just made while renting my old home. Both the office woman Kim and service manager Jim TOLD ME (phone/text/email) back in August that when I moved out, I needed to provide a meter reading for my refund of oil that was in the tank and the new tenants would be charged for the amount of oil in the tank once they opened the account. The service manager would bug the ** out of me and my tenants for them to sign up stating that my refund wouldn’t come until then so finally the tenants opened their account (even though they didn’t want to go with them but then I wouldn’t receive my refund through Petro and they'd have to pay separately).

Now ALL OF SUDDEN I don’t get refunded and they basically tell me to screw off the tenants need to pay me they can’t do it and they never stated they could. I have it clear as day in writing on emails and texts and now they still won’t refund me the $650 that now I’m out of. They clearly lied so they could get two new accounts, scam artists, unprofessional, and completely unjustified coercion

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

They charge way over the market. They made it impossible to get into a neighborhood contact and overcharged us because our old contract ended. Now they say we can't get out of delivery contract that we don't have. They are downright criminals.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Just received my first bill this year. Got charged $4.07 a gallon. A quick research shows that the average rate for most oil companies today is about $3.02 a gallon. I will be canceling my contract. What they are doing is criminal. My device: use other local suppliers.

Petro Company Information