1.34/5
  • 1 star
Based on 190 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 7, 2017

247 Petro Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I have been a budget customer on and off for years since you have to keep switching companies to get a good "new customer" price. My deliveries average $400 and I might need 4 of them. My ceiling price is $2.649 (which never goes down when the market price is less) I will probably use 500+ gallons, no more than 600 even if the next 4 months are below freezing. My budget price was $125 last year, $143 this year, which already has PETRO hundreds of dollars ahead.

In July my settlement bill said PLEASE PAY $699.59. I am already going to pay $143, I'm not paying nearly half my annual bill at once. At the end of November, my bill showed ACTUAL ACCOUNT BALANCE $0 December payment $143 PLEASE PAY $572. I emailed to have them change the Please pay to my budget payment which they did last year. I have been getting calls from them and they will not change my bill. NO MORE. I am paying off my next delivery in February and getting rid of them. JC Discount Fuel Oil has 100 gal at $2.329/gal for $238.72 today. Never again with PETRO.

Unfortunately they are buying up better companies. I called Romanelli Oil just to see what their price was because I have used them in the past. They wouldn't tell me because they are now owned by the same company as Petro. They have a monopoly growing. I don't know how many different companies you can call to check on pricing and not know they have the same parent company and will all give you a high price.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I have been a Petro customer for 2 years at my current address and 6 years at my old address. I utilized their one year cap rate as well as their service contract. They called me 2 weeks ago to let me know my cap agreement was ending and offered to renew it for me - I listened to the options presented and told them I would get back to them on what I decided. The best cap rate they offered was 2.64 a gallon for one year. My service agreement was good until April of 2018 so nothing to update there. Now 4 days after I said I would let them know they auto-filled me at the old rate of 3.05 a gallon. So I called their customer service and very rude lady told me I should have set up a new agreement then and I would not have been charged the higher rate.

So without them offering any resolution, I have terminated my arrangement with them and I am awaiting my final bill. I asked about the 6 months left on my service agreement and was rudely told "since you are not buying oil from us, we will not service your equipment." Now I understand how you get over 200 bad reviews. Wish I would have looked them up sooner. I also had them inspect my home and oil tank prior to closing and the technician said all was well. 8 months after the purchase during an inspection, a different tech said my oil tank was not safe and needed to be replaced and they would "red tag" it so no one could deliver oil. Now looking back I know this was another scam to make me buy an oil tank from them. I should have canceled then. Buyer Beware with this company!

Petro response

Hi David, We genuinely appreciate your continued business and sincerely hope to rebuild our rapport with you as Petro Home Services customer. Please feel free to reach out to us should you have any further questions or concerns at 1.800.645.4328. Best Regards, Petro Home Services

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

They had a promo to save 150 off your 1st fill up if you stay with them for a year. Sounded great at 1st. They came filled me up 112 gals. Week later I get call saying I need some valve to tell the driver how much oil I have in the tank which they quoted 250$ job. But somehow they filled it the 1st time without the valve. Now it's November still no oil and they refuse to fill me up. But the 1st time they knew there was no valve and had no problem filling my tank.

They said it's unsafe to fill without the valve so I flipped out and said "You put my whole family in danger that 1st time then why would you fill it the 1st time knowing it was unsafe? To get in contract?" I'm on empty with twins 1 year old. This is an older system that I plan on updating in the spring. Putting a valve just to tell how much oil I have is pointless to me if I can clearly see my ** is almost empty. All I asked was to deliver 100 gals of oil which they refused to deliver without spending 250 on the valve. Wish I could of gave them 0 stars.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Had their technician come on Friday, said he'd put in for a Monday delivery, since my tank is almost empty. They refuse to come out until late in the week, when my tank will be empty. This after being on hold and jerked around for half an hour. This is the same crap they gave me the first time I used them - REFUSE TO FILL THE TANK UNTIL IT'S EMPTY. Maybe they just want to charge me extra money for a new tank/furnace AFTER THEY DESTROY MY TANK AND FURNACE. Totally incompetent.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I recently noticed that Petro Home Services have been charging me 3.411 for a gallon even with a two year contract. I thought a contract is suppose to get me the flexible plan that gets my oil price at the lowest rate. Since they did not live up to their contracts obligations I cancelled. I was charged $799 for the cancellation. Every other companies charge no more than 2.60 to 2.81 per gallon. I was given this contract on the phone and never signed a contract. I will be using every available legal means to get my refund for overcharge and cancellation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petro?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I am moving and contacted them to cancel before my contract was set to renew. They make you jump through hoops and are trying to charge me a $399 fee to cancel contract. These people are ridiculous as I attempted to cancel before the supposed contract automatically renewed. I would never recommend this oil company to anyone!

Original review: June 21, 2017

I had an Petro representative come to the house to give me an estimate on plumbing work in early June. I agreed to it and set an appointment for 6/22/17. I received a phone call on the morning of 6/21/17 saying they can't do it. I asked why and Debbie/Crystal (called back twice) told me it was up to the discretion of the company. I asked again the second time same answer. I WAITED TWO WEEKS! For them to cancel to put in a shower body??? The worst customer service. Now I see why they have 240 complaint against them.

Original review: March 7, 2017

Petro has been calling me for 2 weeks to set up a delivery, when I do finally talk to a person because I am put on hold for so long I would hang up, I tell them I do not need a delivery at this time, that I can see that I have a little more than half a tank, and I go on to tell them that I was away half the winter and the house was turned down both in the oil burner temp so it burned at a lower temp and the thermostat in both zones was turned down. This info meant nothing to them, they went on to debate with me that my tank must be empty, then WARNED ME that I am refusing my automatic delivery and I will be charged $399 (for them) to cancel my so-called contract.

As for their automatic delivery I have always had to call them and say my tank is almost empty and it would take them 2 to 3 days to deliver. So this goes on back and forth. I agree to take delivery but they want to charge me full price, that's not any kind plus to having a contract, so I call them back in half an hour, and make a fuss on the price. They drop it from their ceiling $2.99 to 2.89. WOW! They broke the bank with me. Last word -- They SUCK.

Original review: March 5, 2017

When I called to inquire about the quote for the repair on the kitchen stove I was told that that diagnostic fee will be deducted from my final cost of the repair if I decide to do the repair. Well when service man was done with the work the final bill included cost of the repair and cost of diagnostic fee. I was on the phone with service manager who told me that it was "the representative fault and that she gave me the wrong information" about deducting the diagnostic fee. He promised to me to listen to the "recording" of my initial conversation with the rep person and get back to me within the week via email. I never received any email but I did receive the full bill. Called customer service again and they put me on hold for 10 min just to tell me I have to call back next week!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

Horrible experience. Bought my house several months ago, called Petro service because of broken hot water. I was told the technician will arrive between 6-9 pm, did not show up until midnight. Tech told me I need to change the water heater because it is too old. It cost me $3000 to replace it, they were very efficient, it only took them in less than 24 hrs. from on site evaluation until installation. Two days after I paid big money to replace the water heater, no heat in the house! Called Petro again, I was told the tech will be not be available in 3-4 hrs. The tech showed up in 3-4 hrs., saying because when their own tech set up the water heater, there were some air bubble went into the oil system, that was why the heating system did not work. He got it fixed. I was happy that the issue was resolved quickly and no cost.

The second day, the heat was out again! Not only heat, also no hot water! Called Petro again, I was told to wait for 3-4 hrs. until tech is available, very frustrated. The tech showed up at 8pm within the time frame after I kept calling them. He told me the valve of the oil tank was down, I need to pay $240 to replace it, and he suggested I need to replace the oil tank. I paid $240 to replace the valve according to his opinion. You know what, the very second day in the morning, the heat was out again!

I have to call Petro again at 8am. The customer service told me that the technician started to work at 10 am, I will be the first on the list. Hey, where is the 24/7 emergency service Petro promised? It is 24/7 answering service, not real repair service! How ridiculous it is! I called Petro again at 10am, since I am not in the house, I need to have someone come to my house to wait for Petro tech. Instead of I would be the first one on the list as promised, I was told no tech will be available to come to my house until afar 12:30pm. My anger is indescribable! I will definitely switch company after the issue is resolved. Be very careful of Petro.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

In March of 2015 Petro replaced a water heating coil in my boiler. The plumbing technician completely change the outlay of the pipes. The next day the pipes starting banging when the hot water was used. I called Petro's customer care and they sent out a technician. The technician stated something was wrong and the plumbing department would have to come back out to fix the issue. The plumber stated there was air in the lines and it needed to be bleed which he did. I questioned why the plumbing was changed and he stated that was normal.

The next day the pipes starting banging again so I called customer service back again and another technician came out. The new technician stated something was done wrong and a plumber would have to come out. Another plumber came out and added an expansion tank. Shortly after the banging started again. I called customer service yet again and another technician came out and stated the plumbing department had to come out. The same plumber came out again and again changed the piping layout even shorter.

The next day the banging came back again. We called the plumbing department but they will no longer return our calls. I then escalated through customer service to Spencer ** who scheduled another plumber to come out. Two weeks later on the scheduled day Jose from plumbing called and cancelled the appointment. Jose has given nothing but incorrect information and refuses to return our phone calls. My house did not have any plumbing problems until Petro touched my boiler.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

I'm an OIF/OEF veteran, who was extremely happy with moving into the first home I purchased with my son. I received information for home heating oil and the cost of gallons, etc. from a gentleman named Ben **. He told me I would be receiving a service agreement and to pay it. Once payment is received then they will be able to initiate services. I received no such service agreement. I made no payments to them and all of a sudden I received an unauthorized oil delivery for 186.5 gals and a bill following!

I called and informed them of the delivery which was never authorized and I demanded they take back the oil. After long conversations with approximately 5-6 customer service reps, it seemed as if they wanted to argue with me on something I did not want nor was service due to me. I asked to speak with a supervisor and I was refused all 5 times, from two different office locations. One in Connecticut and the other near me, Woodbury, NY. Needless to say, I am hoping someone can assist me with getting this resolved. I would like for them to take back the oil that was not due to be delivered to me nor was it needed, since my 500 gal tank had 300 gallons of oil already in it. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I presently manage my Uncle's finances since he is an 87 year old Korean War veteran still living in his own home. I entered into a ceiling price contract in 2014/2015 as oil prices were very high. I had to provide a Power of Attorney to do this. It was a one year contract. Petro called my Uncle and he renewed the contract for 2 more years with a ceiling price of $3.699 per gallon. I was told the oil price would track with the market price, but this never happened. I complained that I should have been the one to renew the contract, but that didn't matter to Petro.

I complained when I was paying over $3.00 per gallon when the market price was less than $2.00 per gallon, but that didn't matter to Petro. I told them that my Uncle could not afford these extremely high prices, but that didn't matter to Petro. I asked to be released from the contract, that was OK with Petro if I would pay $800 in the 1st year or $400 in the 2nd year. I've called and begged for help from Petro, but nothing seems to matter to them.

Just received a bill for $563 and that was with the tank at about half full. I have talked with numerous representatives, some extremely nice and some not so much, but they all must use the same Petro manual and have no power to make any changes. My Uncle is a very kind and honest man and will pay his debt to Petro until this contract expires. I expected much more from this large company. My recommendation is to do your research. I've easily paid several hundred dollars more by getting a ceiling price contract vs getting cash price deliveries. There is no service provided which warrants what they charge for oil. Please beware.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

Like so many companies that become large, they become greedy when they think they have no competition. After being a customer for 8 years, I discovered they have been charging $2.59 per gal (I had a cap rate and they are charging me the highest cap rate; a cap rate means I don't go higher but pay lower based on the market) when the going market rate is $1.95 (check out https://www.codfuel.com). Also they billed me for plumbing that I did not order (my tenant called them, which they are not an authorized person on my account). I plan on bringing my business to www.parksidefuel.com or www.swezeyfuel.com.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

Back then, Petro's service was great, the technicians were knowledgeable and service was prompt. I never compared prices before but since I retired I would pay more attention to my financial obligations. Pretty much, my complaint is their price being too high comparing to my neighbors'. Their customer's service is not the same anymore. When the price was at its peak they pump oil into my tank even it was recently filled. Many incidents reflect their poor business tactics and customer service. I am starting to shop around because they are not customer friendly anymore.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I used Petro Oil for house heating year ago. But they charge me triple price compare with the average market oil price at that time. So I sent them complains and paid the used oil with the market price. When I was away for trip, they hired lawyer, try to force me pay them the unreasonable price. When I back from trip, here is court judge letter -- tell me I lost the case because I fail to show up on the court date, which I never received the date notice at all. This is one of the worst experience in my life. If you do not go through any similar situation, please ---STAY AWAY FROM PETRO OIL!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

Do not deal with this company. Two week ago one of their oil delivery trucks hit my neighbors car while it was parked. There were two witnesses. Not only was no note left, after the matter was brought to the company's attention, they denied their truck hit the car and further denied their truck. We had the truck number, was even in the area! Unscrupulous business. You have been warned.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I hope people understand that Petro is a topnotch company. I don't understand all the negative comments. As for me, I have nothing but positive things to say. I called on a 90 degree day to explain our old central air conditioner was not sending in cold air. A technician came the very next day and proclaimed our old ac "done for." We decided we needed a new one for sure.

A salesman, Ken ** came the next day. He was very nice and did not pressure us to buy. That was a Thursday. A new replacement ac was installed in the following Tuesday. The installer fellows were very knowledgeable. One of the fellows was not satisfied with the strength of the air flow so he crawled under the mobilehome and made sure all the fittings were tight. When he left all was perfect. I am 80 years old and cool as a cucumber!!!

Original review: July 5, 2016

YOW! I received a 120 gallon delivery of fuel oil from Petro Home Services (heating oil) on July 3, 2016 to the tune of $3.049 a gallon! This is for fuel oil sold in the off-season month of July! My last delivery from Petro was in March, 2016, for 146.1 gallons at $2.24.9/gallon. While Petro had offered me a fixed price contract in December, 2015, I declined, albeit taking my chances, or as Petro called it "a risk". I willingly paid my bill in March for services (oil delivery) rendered. I was stunned when I received the bill for my July 3rd delivery at $3.049 gallon.

I phoned Petro and complained about what I perceived to be price gouging. I requested a price adjustment of $100. The phone attendant at the other end of the line said that she would adjust my bill for $50. I suggested we meet in the middle at $75. She exclaimed that this was not meeting (her) in the middle, which would, by her math, be $55.00. I told her that I would accept her offer of $50, and that I would be cancelling my automatic delivery with Petro. She then transferred me to "another department". The man at the other end said that he "deals all day with customer complaints", and that Petro charging $3.04/gallon was perfectly within Petro's rights, although an internet ** site quoted a 06/15/16 highest price of of $2.449 by Wesson Oil, a full service company.

The man who deals "with customer complaints all day" stated that since Petro is a large full-service company with much overhead, it had to charge $3.0449/gallon to be viable, and that since I indicated to the first phone contact that I intended to discontinue automatic delivery... I would NOT be receiving a $50 adjustment because that was for a "loyalty" discount! He then proceeded to ameliorate my ire by offering a pricing contract from July through July! Petro would not budge, and neither would I.

I have always paid my oil delivery bill electronically within one week of delivery, so I guess that should make me a "loyal" customer. Not any more! I will not recommend Petro Services for anything from this point on. I think that they excel at bait and switch sales tactics, and that they are masters at double-talk and obfuscation. As far as customer services go, they stink! I know that there are countless other reputable oil service companies out there that would love to have me as a customer... especially one who pays their bills in a timely way. My advice and warning is don't do business with Petro!

Original review: June 28, 2016

I've been with Petro for 3 years I think... The first 2 years pricing didn't seem too bad for a full-service company but this past year I was consistently 40 to 50 cents per gal above my co-workers that had similar plans with other companies. Most recently I was 75 higher than a friend who has a ceiling price like me. I called Petro and was told I paid more because they're a full-service company with more trucks and employees than smaller companies. Today I call Bottini oil - a very large company in my area and their cash price 50 cents less than my last delivery a week and a half ago with Petro. Called them again and they said the same thing - they were far superior to any other company in the industry and they command a higher price... Gouged! Shop around and don't be fooled, they don't offer anything you can't get from a number of delivery and service companies at a much better price. I know I will be going elsewhere... This should be illegal.

Original review: May 11, 2016

What a scam. I have a Petro tech come to my house because thermostat wasn't working properly. He came, fixed it. Simple problem. Then sold me on cleaning. Then sold me on safety switch. Then he said "everything is running great!! Have a nice day." Next thing I get a phone call at 7am the very next day in the morning asking if he can come over to check something. I didn't think of anything but my gut said "don't let him back in." So he comes over and he's down there forever. I said "I'm going to step out." My mom was home. He said "no worries. Unit runs great. Just want to show my manager something." Weird. I thought something not right. Then I receive a phone call from him. "Manager was here. You need a new unit."

I said "are you kidding me. You just did all this work. Said it was running perfect - twice." "Yea there's a bad part and we are shutting your heat down. You need new unit." I said "youre a thief trying to sell me a new unit - not hard to figure that out." Then he said "what you say. That's it. I'm shutting your heat down and leaving it apart." Can you imagine this. I call another manager. He couldn't believe it. Said he would call him. Lue was workers name. So the manager got back to me. Said "you need a part. Will come back in the morning with part. Thank you". Can you imagine this scammer. Who knows what he could have done in my house. Don't use Petro. Look at their reviews. Scary.

Resolution response: June 12, 2016

A manager called me and helped make arrangements to resolve the issue. The company assumed responsibility for the problem which has now been corrected.

Original review: May 8, 2016

I had a problem with the furnace. The tech replaced the control board which worked for few days only. (Note that the part cost $78 and I paid more than $500 for a 10 minute repair.) When they returned for warranty repairs not only they charged for time and material but they claimed that this time it was a faulty thermostat. They tried to sell a $19 thermostat for $175 plus labor. I declined and upon inspecting the control board it was a loose wire. In addition to that, during the initial repair they did not connect the A/C wires. (A/C was working properly prior to replacing the control board.) I asked that they remedied the situation but they said that would cost additional for diagnostic and parts.

Original review: March 23, 2016

Today March 23, 2016, I had a oil delivery and was charged my ceiling rate of $2.649. I called pricing and was told that the average price on Long Island is $2.43. Pricing informed me that "Petro is an above average price company" and to take that price since the price could be higher. Ceiling pricing through Petro eyes is contract price. Go elsewhere for oil needs.

Original review: March 22, 2016

Petro is the absolute worst oil company to do business with. The techs are top notch, however the management is awful. They quoted me a ridiculous ceiling price which DOES NOT GO DOWN with market conditions. They have such tremendous overhead, that they cannot offer you a competitive price on oil. They have a huge workforce & robust advertising campaign that force them to rip off their customers. I was getting oil deliveries in the high 2's close to $3 per gallon. Meanwhile my neighbors were laughing at me a as they were getting oil deliveries @ under $2 a gallon with service contracts. Do yourself a favor. Go with another oil company as Petro is out to rip off their customers.

Original review: March 7, 2016

Called Petro on Saturday informing them we were next to empty. They told me they would get someone out on the next possible delivery. It's now Monday, red line IS on empty, just called them and they said their next possible truck would be in my neighborhood on Tuesday. They stated that I have EMERGENCY COVERAGE so they will come out IF I run out of oil. Shouldn't the Emergency in the contract be to prevent me from running out? I will wait 4 days for an emergency call for oil. Inexcusable..

Original review: Feb. 22, 2016

Received another deliver of oil on 2/20/16. I was charged $2.69 per gallon, which coincidentally is my ceiling price. How can I be charged that much per gallon when other full service dealers are charging 1.79-1.98 per gallon to their customers? It is a ceiling price - not a going forward price. Petro stated that when prices go down, so would the price per gallon. They are taking advantage of the contract. They, however are in violation of their verbal contract. They are not lowering the price as prices decline. I renewed with Petro in September 2015 - prices are lower now!! Initially, Petro wanted to have my ceiling be 3.29 per gallon. I shopped around and Santoro oil quoted a ceiling of $2.69. I called to tell Petro I wasn't renewing and that I was going with Santoro. Petro was TOO quick to say they would match that ceiling price.

A friend called Petro today to inquire about pricing - I listened to the call - 1 year agreement would be a ceiling of $2.01, with a delivery price today of $1.78. A 2 year would be capped at $2.21, with a delivery today price of $1.83 per gallon. I have received 3 credits of $50 when I have called to complain. The most recent credit essentially makes my price per gallon (this delivery) equivalent to $2.40 per gallon - still higher than the average full service dealers (Santoro, Vaughn and Kent County Oil), just to name a few. The verbal agreement is one sided - I was told that Petro would report me cancelling and not paying the $399 early termination fee to the credit bureau. I will have my attorney listen to the verbal agreement recording. Petro is not adhering to their promise of charging me less as prices decline.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2016

In May 2015 I contacted Petro oil services in regards to what type of services they had to offer and oil prices they had. Somewhere along the lines I ended up getting suckered into being told that if I provide my social security number I'll be able to get the best prices available and see if I'm content with those prices before I sign a contract. I agreed to doing so I provided my social security to the sales office. They pulled up my information, saw how good my credit was and gave me some really great prices. In the meantime I told them this was specifically just to inquire about their services on what would be best for my new home. I explained that my husband would be the one to make the final determination on what oil company we ask for services from. I ended the conversation was simply stating that I will get back to them to let them know if we're going to proceed forward or not.

A few hours later I called the company back and told them we are going to hold off for now as my husband is not interested because we found a family friend that is willing to help us with our services. About a month and a half to two months later I received a service contract bill in the mail so I called the company and I explain to them I never had any services with Petro. I simply called to inquire but I never signed on for any services. They proceeded to explain that they understand and that they canceled it out of the system.

A month later I received a cancellation fee and then in November almost 6 months later they proceeded to deliver oil to my home address which was never asked for or even expected. I placed a phone call to Petro immediately after the oil delivery and to my surprise I received a phone call back from the salesman that I spoke to that day in May and he was very rude and scrambling to say that my phone call to them was a verbal authorization to sign on for services.

I have never heard of such a thing, I explained. He stated to me they would pull the recordings and I would be responsible for all the stuff that was billed to date. They have yet to pull any recordings of me ever authorizing anything for Petro oil services. I have reached out to them and told them to stop harassing me. I have showed proof that I never authorized anything. They have yet to come up with anything to show proof that I ordered services but yet they keep sending me a bill in the mail and threatening to send me to collections. This is the biggest scam I have ever had in my life.

Resolution response: Feb. 25, 2016

Tamar responded and we both came to a mutual agreement, the situation was resolved!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

Have a ceiling plan, delivery on 2/18/16, pricing $2.549/gal. With the price per barrel being $30.75 today even with refining that price should be under $2.00 per gallon! When I complained I was given a discount to $2.379/gal which still is high considering the price per barrel of oil!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2016

Only way to describe this company is 'THIEVES'. Not on N.J. recommended list of oil retailers, and although they will deny it vehemently they do have roughly 5 tiers of pricing for consumers. Once you have been with them a while, watch out, that is when the games begin, with their add-ons and what they try to force down your throat. A few examples: Tank insurance. Most homeowners' policies cover it. Budget Plan. A feel good exercise for them where they jack up your rates year to year and pay no attention to market pricing of oil or their competition. Question them and the answer you get is 'Our service is better'. On what day I ask? Tune-up. A vacuuming out of your oil burner and nothing more that most idiots can do themselves with a Shop-Vac. They claim to inspect everything. Wrong two emergency calls in cold snaps proved that of failed things by them being in and out of my home in under 25 minutes.

And don't dare fall on hard times or become unemployed if you are one of their customers. They harass you nearly constantly and threaten one thing or another. And if they tell you they are canceling your contract, demand it in writing. Charges will continue to be added on until their incompetent staff decides to send the letter out. They are the most horrid company in the state of N.J. behind Comcast. And don't expect a response from anything you post here. A manager I spoke to last year was not even aware of this site. They could care less what the consumer thinks. It is all about them, the almighty dollar, and how much they can charge for however long and get away with it. Thieves and nothing more. Deal with anyone else but these people, not worth it. If anyone ever institutes a class action suit against them, please count me in. Don't deserve to be in business and should come under close state and federal scrutiny.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2016

Been a customer 22 years, have a 24/7 service contract and automatic oil refills. PETRO has raised oil prices recently far in excess of what is reasonable market. Last Friday 02/05/2016, I had no heat, called them up. They showed up 3 hours late. The pressure relief valve needed to be changed. They charged me $241.00, the valve cost $20-25. They charged me $147.00 for the part and $94.00 for labor. Now why they charge $147 for a valve? It cost just $20-25. And what about the service contract they charged me $94.00 for labor? I am with the company for 22 years and have a contract with them. Been loyal to them all these years and they treat me like this. Called to complain, spoke to a supervisor (Ray). His explanation "Prices are what they are." There is no protection for the customer against this type of price gouging. Clearly PETRO should not be considered when deciding on oil providers. They are a ripoff.

Petro Company Information