2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

Nevada

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.90/5

NV Energy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NV Energy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about NV Energy?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I had a Ecosmart thermostat installed in my Life Partner home and moved her into my home until she received proper health care before the Pandemic. This NV Energy powershift thermostat is garbage. Don't arrange for placement in your home. In winter it goes up in temperature automatically to roasting you until you turn it back down over and over again - repeatedly wasting energy and gas. In summer the air conditioning temperature goes up automatically turns on or furnace exhaust is engage and again roast you until you repeatedly turn the thermostat down several degrees below the purposely false reading on the thermostat. No way to turn the thermostat off or put it in vacation mode from remote access. I requested that the Ecosmart Thermostat be removed in April, July and October it was finally scheduled for November because of the pandemic.

Removal by thermostat by NV Energy Contractor revealed that the downstairs air conditioning fan was not working and the upstairs heating control panel was fired. I submitted a claim to the NV Energy Powershift Division which turned me over to NV Energy Claims Department which turned me over to Ecobee Thermostat Department which could not find an account because of computer problems. What a waste of time and resources. NV Energy is the worst energy company to try to deal with hopefully they read some of the negative comments in consumer affairs and take action to improve their business practices and relationships with the public.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I repeatedly tried to pay my NV Energy bill and was denied. Payment is Form said, “Timed out” and didn’t accept my payment. I tried this repeatedly for months. I knew I wasn’t using too much time because I have the 1 click “autocomplete” which remembers my info. THE TRICK IS YOU MUST ALLOW COOKIES TO USE NV ENERGY PAYMENTS. You can block cookies immediately after the payment.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I dislike immensely this electric company. I wish there was another power company here in the state of Nevada to do business with, then dealing with this thievery. I voted twice to break this monopoly- during our last two recent election seasons. So we the people can have options to other power sources/companies to do business with. So I log into my account to stop my service. I paid a 350.00 deposit- which that deposit is another story in dealing with this company. I could go off concerning that topic, but by then I’ve written a novel. Of course I knew they had to subtract my remaining balance, plus the amount from the new month, which left me the remaining balance of: $152.45.

I called this morning to make sure they have the correct mailing address to send the remaining credit to, which NV Energy sends you a check. As soon as I give the rep my necessary information and the nature of my phone call she tells me my credit of $152.45 was applied to a derogatory bill from 15 years ago. 15 YEARS AGO!!! I was an 18 year old young woman then. I knew nothing of this bill. I’ve been in business with Nv Energy since 2014-2015 off/on and now I’m being told about a bill from 15 years ago. WOW!!!! To which she informs me- their rep-by law they couldn’t deny me service but to which I replied they’ve failed to mention this bill from 15 years ago when I would speak and deal with these reps over the years.

I’m just in a state of shock this company would go to that level to take someone’s money, which is earned by hard work and take it and apply it to a bill I had no way of knowing about until now. Sorry ma’am you ain’t gonna get your credit. At this moment I am still waiting for an email of this old bill. It’s been 40 minutes when I gave this woman my email address and I still haven’t received this bill she and her supervisor had to pull out of archive while I waited on the line. I want this bill so that I may dispute this. Now I’m under the impression this rep did not send me the email regarding this 15 year old bill. SMH. I am very upset. I don’t ever want my money to go into this company. But what are my options. What other options do residents of NEVADA have??? It’s a shameful act what this company and their policies follow.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Since 1986 our Church was designated as medium business. When I noticed in Oct 2019 that we had repeatedly been over charged. They asked for a month to refund us the overages. Now they say we may owe them.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I bought my house and call Nevada power. Like everyone else my 3 bills came 300 but online made a offer to pay a equal payments for 159 a months and every 6 months they will do a evaluation and if I used more power it was going to be high but if I used less it was going to lower it. I was at my house for 1 year. After 1 year I sold my house and I call to cancel and then 2 weeks later I got a bill more than 1,000 ( I will post the bill 2). I was shock. I call customer service. First of all the guy was rude telling me that's why I owe for the months I didn't paid because it was equal plan but in the statement always show how much I really used and the equal plan.

I explain them that's why I call customer service and ask them if I was going to paid the difference in the future and they said no. And I request to talk to a manager and it was the same thing explaining you have to paid that because on the bill it show and I told them you should tell customer. Eventually you have to paid all that money that you "supposedly saving" because if I knew I had to paid it I think I will like to paid every month then paid full balance.

Manager told me, "You sign online. You had to read all the details," and I told him I did sign but I call customer service to ask because I thought it was too beautiful to be true. And customer service confirm with me that every 6 months it was going to evaluate and I don't have to paid the difference. I imagine if I continue with this equal paid for 10 years imagine how much I will owe. Don't get the plan. Just paid your bill monthly or get solar panels.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I'm on a FlexPay (prepaid) account and I've been trying to add money to it for over an hour! I keep resetting my password/username etc. You would think such a (stock) company would have a better payment system. Seems I'm not alone which makes it seem like an internal issue being controlled (considering your 24/HR. Helpline is BOGUS AS WELL!) Better not be a ploy to get in the red then try to make a come back with charging everybody late fees! Just saying.. Something is not right!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

This website sucks. Unable to make payment from my cell phone or desktop. This website needs a big improvement, i trIed several times but was impossible. Always customer services is full or waiting time it's horrible.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Get a WiFi thermostat from anywhere except NV Energy. This thermostat is garbage. In winter it goes up in temperature automatically to roasting you until you turn it back down over and over again - repeatedly wasting energy and gas. In summer the air conditioning temperature goes up automatically to join "Community Events" and again roast you until you repeatedly turn the thermostat down several degrees below the purposely false reading on the thermostat.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I signed up for: Take charge of your finances with Equal Pay. "With this payment option, we'll take the cost of your average power usage from the last 12 months and divide it into equal monthly payments. Or, with Equal Pay - Summer Saver we can make those summer bills more affordable while keeping your payments through the rest of the year more manageable" and they change it. How fair is this. So they change without a warning and makes my budget all messed up. Not to mention the power outages at least once a week. We seem to lose our power, out for hours so that my home gets hot.

Faulty equipment and when the power is finally restored after 5 or more hours at the hottest time of the day, what happens my AC has to work to get my home back to 79 degrees and my AC unit is only 5 yrs old and very well maintained. They should be required to give a credit for the inconvenience as well as the strain it puts on the AC unit. Then on top of it all they say they are requiring a deposit. Can't afford but paying doesn't matter. They add on charges that make a sane person crazy. How is this right? How can they be allowed to treat hard working people that make too much money to get help but not enough to live? Makes me want to just give up on life!!

Original review: May 5, 2019

My gramma missed a payment last year when she was in the hospital, got it sorted out fast. But since then we've been getting shutoff notices. In March 16th of this year, we got a notice and she called, paid through NV Energy's bank [Wells Fargo or Western Union?] and then she talked to someone who said the payment went through [which I confirmed as well through the website as a balance due of $0.00 was shown and the bill confirms that as well]... And that no more notices would be sent.

On the 25th, early in the morning when we were asleep, the power was shut off. My gramma is on oxygen, they know this, she keeps telling them she's scared of the power getting shut off every time she calls because of a notice. She filled out a green something but now they're wanting her to do it again? I swear to God they must get them and throw them away or something. We don't know how long she was without oxygen but we had a guest in the house who woke up and found the power off, told us, we got my gramma on mobile oxygen.

She called and was told she owed money again. So she paid the bill a second time. Then, on April 3rd, she paid one last time, except she didn't approve the payment, we have no clue where that last one came from. My gramma has fallen far more than usual since the power went out on the 25th, likely a result of her being scared to fall asleep because the criminals at NV Energy have proven they don't care about anything. I'll explain what I mean through the telling of the events.

No only has my gramma's health declined, my PC and PS4, which were working beyond perfectly before the power was shut off, are failing. I'm in constant pain. Horrible pain that I can't describe except to say I have IIH. If you know what it is, and know, either because you have it, or because you've heard how bad it is, then you know. If not... It's brain swelling, my head, my back, everything hurts. The only time I can take my mind off the pain is when I'm playing video games or sleeping, of course I can't do much of games but... Once they're both dead, so am I. They are my lifelines. I also have Autism and PTSD. I'm not on disability yet, I don't have a phone. I have no way to fix NV Energy's mistake myself, all I can do is hope they do the right thing. Or that's all I could do.

I emailed them, got in touch with Kristen **, Sr. Claims Investigator, and she did an investigation, said there is no evidence showing they are at fault. Problem is, we have evidence showing otherwise. So I asked her to send me the evidence she has showing they aren't at fault. That was a week ago. We'll never hear from them because the only way they have anything other than what we have, is if they create fake evidence, which should be really easy to prove is fake, especially since I have automated emails sent by NV Energy each time my gramma paid. Can't fake that. I've sent the proof out to a number of people just in case [yeah a bit paranoid sorry] they send someone to forcefully take and get rid of the evidence. It's out there and it always will be, quietly for now unless anything happens to us.

Anyways... As I said, I'm disabled. Not only that, I need to stay close to home to watch after my gramma, she tends to wander when people aren't around. I'm on... WAS on until we got a letter yesterday SNAP and Medicaid through DWSS. Yesterday I got a letter saying I'm no longer eligible because I'm not a resident of NV. I couldn't understand why they would say that. Then it hit me so hard. The only thing that makes sense. NV Energy. Doesn't that make sense?

I've lived here since February 2004. I think my flight into McCarren was Feb 21st, 2004. But the power company does something wrong, refuses to take responsibility, and now I'm not a resident of the state? What else makes sense? I honestly hate this city. It is the most corrupt, evil, heartless place I've ever lived. We need help. We need help and all that we get is crooks at every turn. Someone please help us?

NV Energy Company Information