Nevada

4.0/5 (134 ratings)

About NV Energy

NV Energy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NV Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NV Energy?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

There is nothing smart about it. There is only one temp in place, and it will just drive to that temp and can not be manually override, if you don't own the account. Basically you need to preplan all the temp, and better be good with it, otherwise you need to go to the app and change real time, and make same temp all across the time line, otherwise, it jump to next target temp.

Original review: July 4, 2021

Bill total was fine as I have been monitoring my usage for a while now. When I got my last bill it was high and when I saw "deposit" for $100+ I panicked. I had already paid my deposit when I moved in. So I called and got a representative. They said I had been late more than three times in the year (when my records state otherwise). I asked for a printout of all my bills where I was late so I could see the inconsistencies myself (have yet to get them), and asked the representative to point them out on my manuscripts/account since I was speaking with him and was viewing my bill statements and payments online.

Representative got snarky with me when I tried to stand up for myself, and told me that I HAVE to sign up for Autopay otherwise I have to pay the deposit. I told him I can't afford to pay the deposit (since every check is different amounts and I'm not going to agree to pay until I know what I got), and am not going to sign up for Autopay. This company has become a joke, but then again a lot companies usually do. Until I see the inconsistencies I'm not paying the second deposit.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2021

To Whom It May Concern,

First, I must say that I'm confused by the summary rating for NV Energy on the Consumer Affairs website. Apparently, they received 4/5 stars on the last 92 reviews. However, as I looked through the reviews, all but one review had given them 1/5 stars. Curious if Consumer Affairs can explain how they came to that calculation. Or did NVE bribe someone at Consumer Affairs as well?

On a separate note, Customers should be aware that NV Energy's commitment to Solar is an out-and-out lie. I am in the process of converting my home to 100% Solar and it's painfully obvious that NV Energy would prefer to delay this process as long as possible. For months, my panels have been installed and we are simply waiting for NVE to "sign-off" on the project before we turn it on.

Twice, NVE came to my house for an initial inspection claiming they couldn't complete it because the panel on the outside of my house was "too hard to open". Recognizing NVE was simply using this as a lame excuse to delay, I was actually home for the second time this happened and kindly opened the panel for the NVE technician (which simply required pulling slightly harder on the door to open it up). Since then, I had my handyman fix whatever potential issue there was.

For the final inspection, NVE showed up unannounced, knocked on the door (while I was on the phone), scared my children, and then left because they couldn't get access to something inside my garage. For reasons that are very unclear to me, NVE does NOT provide homeowners with any date or advance notice of when they are coming. Curious because as soon as they left, claiming they couldn't do their job because of lack of access, I received an email almost immediately. So let me see if I get this straight, NVE has the capability to email me about their visits, but only after they've occurred and not in advance of the visit? Madness.

All of this could be chalked up to simple inept bureaucracy of a monopolistic entity that has no incentive to better serve its customers. However, I am becoming increasingly convinced that NVE uses a process which DELIBERATELY tries to make the process difficult and extend it as long as possible. But even that I can tolerate. Everyone wants to make a buck. What I found so distasteful and nauseating such that I took time to write this review, is the out-and-out lies NVE tells its customers and stakeholders about its commitment to renewable energy. If you want to scam me, please don't ask me to smile while you do it.

My hope is that someone from either Consumer Affairs or NVE will actually read this review and be aware that we Consumers aren't idiots. We know darn well when there is a scam going on. For any Class Action Lawyers that might be reading this, please feel free to contact me as I'm almost sure NVE is violating several laws in its behavior and earning money which should be returned to Consumers.

Sincerely,

David **

Original review: April 16, 2021

I have lived in Las Vegas NV going on 20 years.. And when Covid hit in 2020 I lost 26% of my business and come Feb of 2021 I ended up in the hospital with a major GI surgery that set me back many months not to mention I came down with the flu on top of that in the end of March and me being an independent contractor I had to apply for a PPP loan just to stay afloat.. I called NV Energy and let them know I could not come up with the pay until I go back to work or my PPP loan come through and was behind 3 going on 4 months..

NV Energy never said a word to me and they paid my power bill or forgave me of my bill for 4-5 months worth and when I saw that I cried. How great they were to help out in my time of need! I called and thanked them with gladdened tears! They really do care about their customers and they waited 1 month more before starting my bills up again! Which gave me time to get healed and back to work and my PPP loan to come in!

I can't thank them enough! if you just keep in contact with them and give them updates on how you are doing they do help out! They gave me help in my real time of need and never asked for anything in return! NO companies do that! But they did! They do care and they even helped more people like me keep their lights on than you will ever imagine! Their customer service reps are so caring and kind and I can't thank all of them enough! Thank You NV Energy for your kind and caring help in all of our time of need esp when covid hit! I will forever be so grateful for the help you gave me and many of us hurt by covid! NV Energy gets 10,000 Stars for being one of the most caring companies out there!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I had a Ecosmart thermostat installed in my Life Partner home and moved her into my home until she received proper health care before the Pandemic. This NV Energy powershift thermostat is garbage. Don't arrange for placement in your home. In winter it goes up in temperature automatically to roasting you until you turn it back down over and over again - repeatedly wasting energy and gas. In summer the air conditioning temperature goes up automatically turns on or furnace exhaust is engage and again roast you until you repeatedly turn the thermostat down several degrees below the purposely false reading on the thermostat. No way to turn the thermostat off or put it in vacation mode from remote access. I requested that the Ecosmart Thermostat be removed in April, July and October it was finally scheduled for November because of the pandemic.

Removal by thermostat by NV Energy Contractor revealed that the downstairs air conditioning fan was not working and the upstairs heating control panel was fired. I submitted a claim to the NV Energy Powershift Division which turned me over to NV Energy Claims Department which turned me over to Ecobee Thermostat Department which could not find an account because of computer problems. What a waste of time and resources. NV Energy is the worst energy company to try to deal with hopefully they read some of the negative comments in consumer affairs and take action to improve their business practices and relationships with the public.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I repeatedly tried to pay my NV Energy bill and was denied. Payment is Form said, “Timed out” and didn’t accept my payment. I tried this repeatedly for months. I knew I wasn’t using too much time because I have the 1 click “autocomplete” which remembers my info. THE TRICK IS YOU MUST ALLOW COOKIES TO USE NV ENERGY PAYMENTS. You can block cookies immediately after the payment.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I dislike immensely this electric company. I wish there was another power company here in the state of Nevada to do business with, then dealing with this thievery. I voted twice to break this monopoly- during our last two recent election seasons. So we the people can have options to other power sources/companies to do business with. So I log into my account to stop my service. I paid a 350.00 deposit- which that deposit is another story in dealing with this company. I could go off concerning that topic, but by then I’ve written a novel. Of course I knew they had to subtract my remaining balance, plus the amount from the new month, which left me the remaining balance of: $152.45.

I called this morning to make sure they have the correct mailing address to send the remaining credit to, which NV Energy sends you a check. As soon as I give the rep my necessary information and the nature of my phone call she tells me my credit of $152.45 was applied to a derogatory bill from 15 years ago. 15 YEARS AGO!!! I was an 18 year old young woman then. I knew nothing of this bill. I’ve been in business with Nv Energy since 2014-2015 off/on and now I’m being told about a bill from 15 years ago. WOW!!!! To which she informs me- their rep-by law they couldn’t deny me service but to which I replied they’ve failed to mention this bill from 15 years ago when I would speak and deal with these reps over the years.

I’m just in a state of shock this company would go to that level to take someone’s money, which is earned by hard work and take it and apply it to a bill I had no way of knowing about until now. Sorry ma’am you ain’t gonna get your credit. At this moment I am still waiting for an email of this old bill. It’s been 40 minutes when I gave this woman my email address and I still haven’t received this bill she and her supervisor had to pull out of archive while I waited on the line. I want this bill so that I may dispute this. Now I’m under the impression this rep did not send me the email regarding this 15 year old bill. SMH. I am very upset. I don’t ever want my money to go into this company. But what are my options. What other options do residents of NEVADA have??? It’s a shameful act what this company and their policies follow.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Since 1986 our Church was designated as medium business. When I noticed in Oct 2019 that we had repeatedly been over charged. They asked for a month to refund us the overages. Now they say we may owe them.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I bought my house and call Nevada power. Like everyone else my 3 bills came 300 but online made a offer to pay a equal payments for 159 a months and every 6 months they will do a evaluation and if I used more power it was going to be high but if I used less it was going to lower it. I was at my house for 1 year. After 1 year I sold my house and I call to cancel and then 2 weeks later I got a bill more than 1,000 ( I will post the bill 2). I was shock. I call customer service. First of all the guy was rude telling me that's why I owe for the months I didn't paid because it was equal plan but in the statement always show how much I really used and the equal plan.

I explain them that's why I call customer service and ask them if I was going to paid the difference in the future and they said no. And I request to talk to a manager and it was the same thing explaining you have to paid that because on the bill it show and I told them you should tell customer. Eventually you have to paid all that money that you "supposedly saving" because if I knew I had to paid it I think I will like to paid every month then paid full balance.

Manager told me, "You sign online. You had to read all the details," and I told him I did sign but I call customer service to ask because I thought it was too beautiful to be true. And customer service confirm with me that every 6 months it was going to evaluate and I don't have to paid the difference. I imagine if I continue with this equal paid for 10 years imagine how much I will owe. Don't get the plan. Just paid your bill monthly or get solar panels.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I'm on a FlexPay (prepaid) account and I've been trying to add money to it for over an hour! I keep resetting my password/username etc. You would think such a (stock) company would have a better payment system. Seems I'm not alone which makes it seem like an internal issue being controlled (considering your 24/HR. Helpline is BOGUS AS WELL!) Better not be a ploy to get in the red then try to make a come back with charging everybody late fees! Just saying.. Something is not right!

NV Energy Company Information