2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

Nevada

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.91/5

NV Energy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NV Energy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about NV Energy?

Original review: April 16, 2021

I have lived in Las Vegas NV going on 20 years.. And when Covid hit in 2020 I lost 26% of my business and come Feb of 2021 I ended up in the hospital with a major GI surgery that set me back many months not to mention I came down with the flu on top of that in the end of March and me being an independent contractor I had to apply for a PPP loan just to stay afloat.. I called NV Energy and let them know I could not come up with the pay until I go back to work or my PPP loan come through and was behind 3 going on 4 months..

NV Energy never said a word to me and they paid my power bill or forgave me of my bill for 4-5 months worth and when I saw that I cried. How great they were to help out in my time of need! I called and thanked them with gladdened tears! They really do care about their customers and they waited 1 month more before starting my bills up again! Which gave me time to get healed and back to work and my PPP loan to come in!

I can't thank them enough! if you just keep in contact with them and give them updates on how you are doing they do help out! They gave me help in my real time of need and never asked for anything in return! NO companies do that! But they did! They do care and they even helped more people like me keep their lights on than you will ever imagine! Their customer service reps are so caring and kind and I can't thank all of them enough! Thank You NV Energy for your kind and caring help in all of our time of need esp when covid hit! I will forever be so grateful for the help you gave me and many of us hurt by covid! NV Energy gets 10,000 Stars for being one of the most caring companies out there!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I had a Ecosmart thermostat installed in my Life Partner home and moved her into my home until she received proper health care before the Pandemic. This NV Energy powershift thermostat is garbage. Don't arrange for placement in your home. In winter it goes up in temperature automatically to roasting you until you turn it back down over and over again - repeatedly wasting energy and gas. In summer the air conditioning temperature goes up automatically turns on or furnace exhaust is engage and again roast you until you repeatedly turn the thermostat down several degrees below the purposely false reading on the thermostat. No way to turn the thermostat off or put it in vacation mode from remote access. I requested that the Ecosmart Thermostat be removed in April, July and October it was finally scheduled for November because of the pandemic.

Removal by thermostat by NV Energy Contractor revealed that the downstairs air conditioning fan was not working and the upstairs heating control panel was fired. I submitted a claim to the NV Energy Powershift Division which turned me over to NV Energy Claims Department which turned me over to Ecobee Thermostat Department which could not find an account because of computer problems. What a waste of time and resources. NV Energy is the worst energy company to try to deal with hopefully they read some of the negative comments in consumer affairs and take action to improve their business practices and relationships with the public.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I repeatedly tried to pay my NV Energy bill and was denied. Payment is Form said, “Timed out” and didn’t accept my payment. I tried this repeatedly for months. I knew I wasn’t using too much time because I have the 1 click “autocomplete” which remembers my info. THE TRICK IS YOU MUST ALLOW COOKIES TO USE NV ENERGY PAYMENTS. You can block cookies immediately after the payment.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I dislike immensely this electric company. I wish there was another power company here in the state of Nevada to do business with, then dealing with this thievery. I voted twice to break this monopoly- during our last two recent election seasons. So we the people can have options to other power sources/companies to do business with. So I log into my account to stop my service. I paid a 350.00 deposit- which that deposit is another story in dealing with this company. I could go off concerning that topic, but by then I’ve written a novel. Of course I knew they had to subtract my remaining balance, plus the amount from the new month, which left me the remaining balance of: $152.45.

I called this morning to make sure they have the correct mailing address to send the remaining credit to, which NV Energy sends you a check. As soon as I give the rep my necessary information and the nature of my phone call she tells me my credit of $152.45 was applied to a derogatory bill from 15 years ago. 15 YEARS AGO!!! I was an 18 year old young woman then. I knew nothing of this bill. I’ve been in business with Nv Energy since 2014-2015 off/on and now I’m being told about a bill from 15 years ago. WOW!!!! To which she informs me- their rep-by law they couldn’t deny me service but to which I replied they’ve failed to mention this bill from 15 years ago when I would speak and deal with these reps over the years.

I’m just in a state of shock this company would go to that level to take someone’s money, which is earned by hard work and take it and apply it to a bill I had no way of knowing about until now. Sorry ma’am you ain’t gonna get your credit. At this moment I am still waiting for an email of this old bill. It’s been 40 minutes when I gave this woman my email address and I still haven’t received this bill she and her supervisor had to pull out of archive while I waited on the line. I want this bill so that I may dispute this. Now I’m under the impression this rep did not send me the email regarding this 15 year old bill. SMH. I am very upset. I don’t ever want my money to go into this company. But what are my options. What other options do residents of NEVADA have??? It’s a shameful act what this company and their policies follow.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Since 1986 our Church was designated as medium business. When I noticed in Oct 2019 that we had repeatedly been over charged. They asked for a month to refund us the overages. Now they say we may owe them.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I bought my house and call Nevada power. Like everyone else my 3 bills came 300 but online made a offer to pay a equal payments for 159 a months and every 6 months they will do a evaluation and if I used more power it was going to be high but if I used less it was going to lower it. I was at my house for 1 year. After 1 year I sold my house and I call to cancel and then 2 weeks later I got a bill more than 1,000 ( I will post the bill 2). I was shock. I call customer service. First of all the guy was rude telling me that's why I owe for the months I didn't paid because it was equal plan but in the statement always show how much I really used and the equal plan.

I explain them that's why I call customer service and ask them if I was going to paid the difference in the future and they said no. And I request to talk to a manager and it was the same thing explaining you have to paid that because on the bill it show and I told them you should tell customer. Eventually you have to paid all that money that you "supposedly saving" because if I knew I had to paid it I think I will like to paid every month then paid full balance.

Manager told me, "You sign online. You had to read all the details," and I told him I did sign but I call customer service to ask because I thought it was too beautiful to be true. And customer service confirm with me that every 6 months it was going to evaluate and I don't have to paid the difference. I imagine if I continue with this equal paid for 10 years imagine how much I will owe. Don't get the plan. Just paid your bill monthly or get solar panels.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I'm on a FlexPay (prepaid) account and I've been trying to add money to it for over an hour! I keep resetting my password/username etc. You would think such a (stock) company would have a better payment system. Seems I'm not alone which makes it seem like an internal issue being controlled (considering your 24/HR. Helpline is BOGUS AS WELL!) Better not be a ploy to get in the red then try to make a come back with charging everybody late fees! Just saying.. Something is not right!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

This website sucks. Unable to make payment from my cell phone or desktop. This website needs a big improvement, i trIed several times but was impossible. Always customer services is full or waiting time it's horrible.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Get a WiFi thermostat from anywhere except NV Energy. This thermostat is garbage. In winter it goes up in temperature automatically to roasting you until you turn it back down over and over again - repeatedly wasting energy and gas. In summer the air conditioning temperature goes up automatically to join "Community Events" and again roast you until you repeatedly turn the thermostat down several degrees below the purposely false reading on the thermostat.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I signed up for: Take charge of your finances with Equal Pay. "With this payment option, we'll take the cost of your average power usage from the last 12 months and divide it into equal monthly payments. Or, with Equal Pay - Summer Saver we can make those summer bills more affordable while keeping your payments through the rest of the year more manageable" and they change it. How fair is this. So they change without a warning and makes my budget all messed up. Not to mention the power outages at least once a week. We seem to lose our power, out for hours so that my home gets hot.

Faulty equipment and when the power is finally restored after 5 or more hours at the hottest time of the day, what happens my AC has to work to get my home back to 79 degrees and my AC unit is only 5 yrs old and very well maintained. They should be required to give a credit for the inconvenience as well as the strain it puts on the AC unit. Then on top of it all they say they are requiring a deposit. Can't afford but paying doesn't matter. They add on charges that make a sane person crazy. How is this right? How can they be allowed to treat hard working people that make too much money to get help but not enough to live? Makes me want to just give up on life!!

NV Energy Company Information