1.12/5

Need a utility company?

Nevada

Need a utility company?

69 NV Energy Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I signed up for: Take charge of your finances with Equal Pay. "With this payment option, we'll take the cost of your average power usage from the last 12 months and divide it into equal monthly payments. Or, with Equal Pay - Summer Saver we can make those summer bills more affordable while keeping your payments through the rest of the year more manageable" and they change it. How fair is this. So they change without a warning and makes my budget all messed up. Not to mention the power outages at least once a week. We seem to lose our power, out for hours so that my home gets hot.

Faulty equipment and when the power is finally restored after 5 or more hours at the hottest time of the day, what happens my AC has to work to get my home back to 79 degrees and my AC unit is only 5 yrs old and very well maintained. They should be required to give a credit for the inconvenience as well as the strain it puts on the AC unit. Then on top of it all they say they are requiring a deposit. Can't afford but paying doesn't matter. They add on charges that make a sane person crazy. How is this right? How can they be allowed to treat hard working people that make too much money to get help but not enough to live? Makes me want to just give up on life!!

Original review: May 5, 2019

My gramma missed a payment last year when she was in the hospital, got it sorted out fast. But since then we've been getting shutoff notices. In March 16th of this year, we got a notice and she called, paid through NV Energy's bank [Wells Fargo or Western Union?] and then she talked to someone who said the payment went through [which I confirmed as well through the website as a balance due of $0.00 was shown and the bill confirms that as well]... And that no more notices would be sent.

On the 25th, early in the morning when we were asleep, the power was shut off. My gramma is on oxygen, they know this, she keeps telling them she's scared of the power getting shut off every time she calls because of a notice. She filled out a green something but now they're wanting her to do it again? I swear to God they must get them and throw them away or something. We don't know how long she was without oxygen but we had a guest in the house who woke up and found the power off, told us, we got my gramma on mobile oxygen.

She called and was told she owed money again. So she paid the bill a second time. Then, on April 3rd, she paid one last time, except she didn't approve the payment, we have no clue where that last one came from. My gramma has fallen far more than usual since the power went out on the 25th, likely a result of her being scared to fall asleep because the criminals at NV Energy have proven they don't care about anything. I'll explain what I mean through the telling of the events.

No only has my gramma's health declined, my PC and PS4, which were working beyond perfectly before the power was shut off, are failing. I'm in constant pain. Horrible pain that I can't describe except to say I have IIH. If you know what it is, and know, either because you have it, or because you've heard how bad it is, then you know. If not... It's brain swelling, my head, my back, everything hurts. The only time I can take my mind off the pain is when I'm playing video games or sleeping, of course I can't do much of games but... Once they're both dead, so am I. They are my lifelines. I also have Autism and PTSD. I'm not on disability yet, I don't have a phone. I have no way to fix NV Energy's mistake myself, all I can do is hope they do the right thing. Or that's all I could do.

I emailed them, got in touch with Kristen **, Sr. Claims Investigator, and she did an investigation, said there is no evidence showing they are at fault. Problem is, we have evidence showing otherwise. So I asked her to send me the evidence she has showing they aren't at fault. That was a week ago. We'll never hear from them because the only way they have anything other than what we have, is if they create fake evidence, which should be really easy to prove is fake, especially since I have automated emails sent by NV Energy each time my gramma paid. Can't fake that. I've sent the proof out to a number of people just in case [yeah a bit paranoid sorry] they send someone to forcefully take and get rid of the evidence. It's out there and it always will be, quietly for now unless anything happens to us.

Anyways... As I said, I'm disabled. Not only that, I need to stay close to home to watch after my gramma, she tends to wander when people aren't around. I'm on... WAS on until we got a letter yesterday SNAP and Medicaid through DWSS. Yesterday I got a letter saying I'm no longer eligible because I'm not a resident of NV. I couldn't understand why they would say that. Then it hit me so hard. The only thing that makes sense. NV Energy. Doesn't that make sense?

I've lived here since February 2004. I think my flight into McCarren was Feb 21st, 2004. But the power company does something wrong, refuses to take responsibility, and now I'm not a resident of the state? What else makes sense? I honestly hate this city. It is the most corrupt, evil, heartless place I've ever lived. We need help. We need help and all that we get is crooks at every turn. Someone please help us?

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

DO NOT GET THE SMART THERMOSTAT (Powershift by NVEnergy)! HORRIBLE TECHNICIAN! On Friday, March 15, 2019 a technician came to install the Smart Thermostat. We live in a high rise and the technician knew NOTHING! When our Facilities Personnel came up to assist him, he went into the kitchen and did not pay attention to the process of installing the thermostat on a commercial unit.

The technician messed up the wiring and burnt it out. He never fixed it. Today, Monday, March 18, 2019, our facilities personnel is here repairing what that Nevada Energy Technician destroyed. If we could rate them a 'O', we would. We found out that other people in this high rise had issues with NV Energy Technicians when installing that Smart Thermostat! We did not have any heat/cooling for the entire weekend. The Technician was one or all of the 3 S's (Simple, Stupid or Slow). Don't waste your time. To avoid additional headaches and problems, keep the thermostat you have. NV Energy should hire skilled technicians that know what they are doing. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I got a slab leak which spiked my energy and water bill up high... BIG Huge difference in the Bill. Plumber came out, fixed the leak and told me to contact NV Energy and Water Co. Usually you can submit a invoice and they may lower the charges down to what your bill would normally be....it wasn't a definite but I would at least look into it. I called the claims dept. left a detailed voice message, no return call back... Called again the next week. Had to leave another detailed message and finally right after like an hour later I get a call from a representative there who was basically rude and condescending. If I worked for NV Energy then I wouldn't have made the call, then I would know that only problems that they cause could be covered, smart ass!!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I signed up for $50 a month automatic payments to be taken out on the 15th of each month. On March 8th I get an email that they took $273 from my bank account. Call customer service and they said that I signed up for automatic payments so I automatically authorize being charged my total amount due. How do they get away with this??? I never authorized that much money be taken out at once and on the 8th?!?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NV Energy?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Recently was suppose to move into a new apt. Found out it was infested and declined move in and also stopped utility service. Apparently their site glitched & nothing changed. I'm now being charged for a service I never even used. I called to get a refund and they said they needed a confirmation that it was canceled. I explained that they never emailed me one. Their response, "Sorry we can't help you". WTF!!! Never in my life have I dealt with such horrible customer service as I have in Vegas. What is wrong with people in this state. Over it!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

When outage was down today Saturday 8/04/2018 at 3:55 pm, called to NV Energy to report. Their response was that outage detected and power be back 6:45 pm. At 5:26 pm they alerted me through email, to say that power in my area was restored??? We are still without power. Checked neighbors to be same. Called NV Energy again, and was told that no one had reported outage in my area, and they will now send someone out. This time their estimate for return of power to be 8:00 pm. ??? Now 6:25 pm, and home still without power for over 2 hours. Outside temp now at 106. We are elderly seniors in a condo without power to operate AC or fan. Very frustrated at NV Energy lack of serious concern for consumers' health or comfort. A few outages in this area within the last 30 days. Can the city do something about this?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

NV Energy is on my speed dial as I have to call them constantly for power outages. Have lived in 8 states and never called a utility company until LV. Every year for 13 years I have had to contact them multiple times for power outages. Profits for years have gone to management and shareholders while inspection of cables has been ignored. Now I am looking at months of power outages while they fix what they have been ignoring. There is no excuse, only the explanation that NV Energy has no concerns for their customers. Their concerns are centered on profit. YES ON QUESTION #3 November 2018. If I could give negative points on their review, I certainly would.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I am disabled and divorced. They added my ex husband 2000 bill to my account. I can't afford to pay his bill. When I called they told Me that I was still married. I asked them what court did they verify this with and who did they speak to and she got loud and told Me to send over documents proving I'm not. I asked her for the person who put this the system and their manager and she hung up.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I have been on a monthly payment plan paying $250 regardless if it's winter or summer. I received my bill today of $381. Now mind you my AC unit has been turned off. No heat. No AC. No nothing for the past 6 months! No lie! Why is my bill this high? When I called NV Energy I was told that regardless of your payment plan they can increase that dollar amount every 6 months. Not how you do business. Money suckers! Could not tell me at all why my bill is this high. I requested a meter read a month ago and they have yet to still come to my home and I guess it's no longer just a meter read it's a "whole energy evaluation". Are you kidding me? I work during the day. Nobody is home!!! There's no reason why my bill should be this high. I was only given possibility as to why it could be high. What a joke.

NV Energy Company Information