NV Energy

Compare Utility Companies

Research top Utility Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

So, like everyone else I am hating my "Smart" thermostat. I have come to a point of common sense and realize that it is NV Energy that is pretty smart to sell us idiots this horrible device. Giving away our power to set a temperature that is comfortable and affordable was a terrible mistake. We were all promised a savings on our bill, but I do not know one person who has had a lower bill after have this device installed. Instead we all gave away our power to choose and NV Energy is laughing all the way to the bank! LETS ALL GET TOGETHER AN START A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT! NV Energy may be a super request power... But what's right is right and there is nothing right about this!

I am finally having my thermostat removed. Then I am going to get my usage records from NV Energy for the last 5 years. And if there is no discount as promised, I intend to request a refund, and start a class action lawsuit against them! Join me in the fight! It is time for us to stand together and hold them accountable rather than just complain about it and do nothing. NV ENERGY IS LAUGHING AT US FOOLS. LET'S MAKE THEM PAY!!! Contact me if interested in doing more than just leaving a review. We can win if we stand together!!! "All that is needed for evil to continue is for 1 good man to do nothing" ...GOD.

My electricity got shut off again. Three months in a row. We paid the past due but didn't get to make another payment in the timely fashion they wanted so again they turned it off. We don't own a house. We don't have anything worth anything. We are just hard working people who get behind on bills. We do not go to government asking for handouts. Every cent NV Energy receives from us is made by hard work sweat. These jerks have no compassion for the little guy. For us we have to choose electricity or car insurance. Electricity or rent. Electricity or food. It's apparent we chose something else before NV Energy or we wouldn't be in this mess. Yes they sent us a notice but again how do you choose? Especially when you have children. We are one of millions of people who face this problem every day here in Nevada. I bet Warren Buffett doesn't care two straws about ordinary people like me. Just trying to keep the lights on.

I purchased my home with the mpowered thermostat already installed. When I log in from the mobile site I am able to see my account information, but when I click the desktop link it says my login information is not correct. Then, when I try to access my thermostat through the internet, it also says my email and login information is incorrect. I am having to adjust my thermostat every hour because thermostat will just automatically adjust the temperature from 75 degrees - all the way up to 83 degrees. And my bill seems to have tripled.

I have an appointment to have the thermostat removed, but it is not for another week and it is getting to be an uncomfortable inconvenience having the mpowered thermostat connected to my home. So I called again and was told I could remove the thermostat myself and they will a box to mail it back in, which is what I am going to do.

My power has been disconnected for over a month now. It was originally disconnected due to late payments under my name. My bills were not correct. I had paid for 3 deposits in one year plus the associated reconnect fees. Their office failed to show me where the deposits were applied to my bills. I've been renting 2 rooms out to help pay bills and I made an agreement with my tenant to establish power under their name and to pay the monthly bill in exchange for rent. They didn't make any payments and disappeared a week before power was to be disconnected.

The power was terminated and I was told I had to meet with the investigations department to reestablish power. I was told by this department that I had to prove I had ownership of the house. I provided this evidence and was then told it will take $2100 to reconnect. There was my original $1100 and $1000 due from my tenants that disappeared. Their bill was $560 from my address and $440 from their prior address. I should not be liable for that.

I am currently unemployed. I worked for Motorola for 28 years until my industry faded out. I am 55 years old and am currently seeking disability due to health issues. Temperatures have been in excess of 110 to the point that I can't even think straight anymore. I have filed for energy assistance, I'm still waiting for a case worker. I have pleaded with NV Energy to no avail. I haven't figured how to come up with this money and can't fight anymore. Please, what can I do?

We received a bill for $638.00 transferred to our account and the burden of proof has been put on us to prove it is not our bill. This mistake is NEVADA POWER ERROR or a darn poor way of doing business. We have never received a bill for this amount. We do not know what it is for other than it is for service provided to a property other than ours. We do not know the time it was incurred or by who. We have never received a phone call nor an email inquiring. We were told we had to submit numerous documents, including utility bills. Nevada Power has our utility bill(s) since 1987. They want a police report. There is no police report as we were not able to reach the police department after calling more than 6 hours (311). We did file with the national agency that handles lost and stolen documents. We filed with each of the credit reporting agencies and had a freeze put on all our accounts.

We changed credit cards. My husband obtained a new license at the DMV, reporting his stolen. We knew it was stolen because the person involved called us at 1:00 a.m. and offered to give it back for $50 and if they could come to our house at that time. We tried to call the police rather than meet them ourselves. Nevada Power wants my husband to have a document notarized stating that he is not responsible. My husband is quite ill, is 87 years old and is on Home Health Care. Yet, Nevada Power demands he (leave the house) have a paper notarized? They want us to provide two additional utility bills? How did they get such power? Why has the burden of proof been placed on us when this is clearly Nevada Power's screw up. Surely if they had done a credit check they would have learned there is a credit freeze and any smart person would have looked into why.

We have two phones, both with answer machines, both working as we moved from one house to another. Our phone number had not changed. It was the same one we had since 2006. The email had been the same since 1987. We heard absolutely nothing from Nevada Power until the phone call stating our service was being turned off... in our home where the bill had been paid. I just do not understand how someone can "Transfer" a bill of this magnitude to our account without our approval or knowledge and then we are accountable even though we have no knowledge whatsoever about this bill. How can a "Public agency" commit these kinds of acts against their customers and it be allowed to happen?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NV Energy?

I bought a new home in October 2015 from Lennar homes which comes with a Solar Energy installed for $20k, which you have to pay for separately. NV Energy came and installed their Net Meter and SunStreet Solar came and activated it. I was there with the SunStreet guy when he turned on the breaker. My bills from NV Energy came to me very late in May and they were very high. So far from November to June the bill is over $850 and the AC was only turned on beginning of June and since it's been real cold and cool for the other months.

So today I called SunStreet and they told me to go outside and check, and there it was, NV Energy placed a tie on the breaker in the OFF position. When I called them, they denied doing so and stated that they do not come out to take readings but do it in-office. How? So who gets to benefit from this? NV Energy of course -so they can make more $$$ of us. I have seen ladies from NV Energy came and take readings. So I told him then I will put a gate out front since they do not come out to take readings...and the NVE supervisor says that I cannot do that because they have to come out there. I asked for what, since you take the readings in-house, the guy just stated that they need to. NV Energy is just a bunch of crooks that go out of their way to steal from their electric clients. Constantly check your bills and outside meters.

NV Energy installed new thermostats without my consent as the homeowner and without my knowledge. When I called about it, they said they only take a verbal authorization and if the tenant said they were the owners, that was good enough. Now the temperature is set to their settings and I can't change it. I was told since I don't have broadband in the house there is nothing that can be done since they agreed to a 3-year term. Now after 3 years, they disconnected it and sent me manual instructions to reset it. However, now it says service disabled. When I called in the very rude representative said, "You asked us to disconnect it so now it is your problem, there is nothing I can do." RIDICULOUS monopoly this company has!!!

Our meters are enclosed and cannot be read from the outside gate. However, the meter reader does not show up on the date, imprinted on the monthly statement, he makes up numbers. I have proof. I have contacted NV Energy and PUC and have not received any response. Both pay each other off, I believe. Shut down PUC. Again this month no reading of the meters. The meter reader did not show up on the day indicated on the statement.

I have invested a lot of money in the solar system and we signed up with the previous system that you bank your energy points during the winter and use them during the summer. Now they give you a credit on the invoice. However the dollar amount they owe you, NV Energy will not deposit back into your bank account. But they will deduct if you owe. So why we changed the point (bank) system to the dollar system? This is a rip off. Every time I call NV Energy you get the runaround with no answers, get disconnected, or put on hold. Last time I was on hold for 45 minutes and then disconnected. I believe NV Energy is the worst company, and even tops the DMV to work with.

I was one of the 17,000 solar purchasers that were deceived by NV Energy, I watch NV Energy website videos promoting the purchase of solar. They made solar look very appealing so I spent $25,000 on a solar system. Then 2 months after it was installed they changed their position saying people with solar don't pay enough to support the grid and are charged 3x's as much just to be on the grid. That would be like charging Prius owners 3x's as much for gas to support big oil cause they don't use enough gas, or like charging vegetarians a fee for no longer supporting the beef industry. I'm not even going to get into the net metering cause I'll be using all my energy during the and sell back as little as possible @ .20 cents on the dollar. But I will give them credit for buying our governor there getting 10's of 1,000's of dollars back on that investment!

I have been a steady customer for over 10 yrs. Have not seen a pink slip in 5 yrs. When I got behind before, as long as I paid within the month I was not penalized. I was 3-5 days late in the last year 3x (They say, I am only aware of 2). They charged me a $285 "deposit" in response. This was done in the 2 weeks before Christmas, and I was unable to afford this extraordinary charge at that time. Not a problem now, but I think I'll take my money and get some solar panels anyway.

This monopoly of the utilities has made companies like this feel they can do what they want, because just where are you going to get other service? I just wish once someone would do something, because I apparently cannot as a long term customer. And to boot, the 285 dollar amount was generated by all my neighbors' average bill and NOT MY OWN BILL. What the hell is that? If you're gonna charge me, base it on my bills, not my neighbors' who may or may not be efficient in their homes. This whole thing is so over the top I can't believe it's happened. ** the grid!

Over the past few months I have been waking up randomly to a cooler than programmed home. When I go to check the thermostat, I see that there is no power on the thermostat. Called NV Energy and they came out to check the thermostat. They told me that it wasn't the thermostat and my a/c unit needed service. I called an HVAC technician to come service my a/c unit and was told that there was nothing wrong with my a/c and that it was the thermostat, and that they've seen this before with the Mpowered thermostats. So after paying the HVAC for the service call, I now have to have NV Energy come back to figure out their stuff. I am going to ask them to credit my account the cost of the HVAC service call.

I can't afford electricity anymore. I think I should move to some third world country so I can be free and build solar or wind power without all resistance. Maybe I should live in a homeless shelter for the summer months? NV Energy is the greediest public company but then again it's owned by Warren Buffet so I guess that makes sense. I moved to Phoenix and back in 2013 and I'm in shock with the difference between old and smart meters. Which in Phoenix they all have smart meters but my bill never went over $250 even in the summer over 125 degrees out, ac blaring 24/7. Since moving back I've paid close to $6,000 in power bills. This year alone I'm already over two thousand.

August was a rough month even though I was only over a few more Kw than the previous month. The difference was about $100 bringing my bill to a little under $400. Seems they charge whatever they feel like. I didn't have $400 handy so I made the mistake of making a payment arrangement. That went to heck because I was one day late on my second payment so the following week I paid it off completely since I voided my arrangement from being late. So come mid September my balance is zero, power is on, all is good! Now Oct 8 rolls around and I get a new bill for 279.00. Great. Well I used A QUARTER of the power I did in Aug and get billed almost the same but you know NVE will always find a way to justify greed.

So fast forward to October 12th which was when that third payment of the arrangement was due but already paid off. Their system read it as a missed payment and now my power is cut off and I have to pay that 279 because they will not turn on power if you owe money no matter what. They completely closed out the account and had no intention of crediting my deposit. In fact they tried to charge it again. They acted confused when I said, "well if the account was closed then my deposit would credit so your billing still isn't correct." And I'm still getting charged a reconnect fee and tax fee etc even though my power was never supposed to be turned off. So I'm actually going to be charged $30 for paying early but they refuse to see it that way.

So thank you NV Energy for having to cancel my kids karate for the month to come up with your over charged 279 in 4 days of being billed!!! I haven't even gotten it in the mail yet. And don't worry because my oldest is going into engineering fully aware of how abusive the energy business is to their forcefully loyal customers and hopefully if we all raise our kids aware of how horrible greed is then we can stop this disgusting practice. We need a generation of financial and legal soldiers to stop the pillaging of our resources and restore our fought for freedoms. Legally you can not have children in a home without electricity (within city codes) so really it's pay the bill or lose your family. My hands are completely tied every time there's a billing error, mishap, or overcharge and it happens a lot. I just have to sit there and take it.

NV Energy is too harsh and unwilling to cooperate with their customers, we aren't criminals dodging restitution, we are hardworking middle class survivors that DESERVE leniency at times. Oh and when you google them, it says on their bio "NV Energy charges the highest rates of any mountain energy company". It is literally a fact that NV Energy charges too much!!! And I know this sounds like conspiracy theory babble but if you do the math, they are trying to get $3,000/year out of every home over 1,000sq to fund this solar project of theirs.

I haven't dug deep but it's just a little too coincidental that my friends/family (about 10 households in different areas, habits, and sizes) all average $2500 to $3000 a year since 2013 when this smart meter, solar plant idea when into effect. NV Energy can have all the secret meetings they want but numbers don't lie. Buffet should take some responsibility and realize in my house (and this younger generation) there is nothing but shame and greed associated with his name/brand. All the money in the world won't make us respect you.

On Oct the 9th I received a bill of 718.00 in addition to my monthly bill of 179.00. The NV Power stated to my wife and I when we asked why the bill was so high for one month that they had not been reading our meter for 4 months and that the bill was the accurate amount. We owed them for 4 summer months 718.00 dollars. I asked them why wasn't our meter read for 4 months and did they understand the meaning of estimate 5$ over 10. Even 50$ is an estimate. 179.50 was an outrageous era not something we should be held accountable for them not doing their job properly and reading the meter. Someone should be terminated for this mishap and we shouldn't be responsible for their lack of training. In addition to this how do we know that the current bill is accurate and not also a mistake since they don't seem to know what they're doing?

Whatever you do and no matter how much NV power try to talk you into a smart meter tell them NO. They installed one in our home our power bill went up 3 times what we were paying. I actually thought someone tapped into a outside plug. And it stayed that way for over two years. Don't do it, ever!!!

Thermostat control. My family and I have been for four days trying to get NV Energy to stop the thermostat control. We signed up for mPowered over six years ago. It was supposed to be maximum three hours up thermostat control and in the month of July, today is July 6, from 7 PM till 4 o'clock in the morning the temperature in my home is between 84 and 92. They are inhumane and do not care about the people that they service.

We live in a town home and power bill is $220 a month prorated at 1400 sq feet. My daughter lives next door in a bigger town home and pays $139. What gives?

I was paying a bill of 200.00 dollars a month on the average. Someone from Nevada came and told me that the meter I had it was bad, and switch me to the smart meter without even tell me the truth. My new bill came and it went from 200.00 dollars a month to 2,000 dollars. How is this possible with a 3 bedroom house with just 2 people living in the house. I install a variable speed pool pump to save energy. My wife and I work all day and we use gas on dryer and our stove is gas. We don't even use dishwasher. We call Nevada power and told us we use 1,000 dollars in energy a month.

I feel like I'm getting rape with Nevada and the saddest thing is that our politician don't do nothing to save us from this company. They are taking advantage because we need energy power to live in this desert. I have read all kind of post about smart meters, but they seen not to give a ** about us, excuse my language. But this so frustrating to pay almost 3,000 dollars for something I did not use. Sad world and welcome to Central America and Mexico lifestyle with our politician ;)

I'm going to try to make this as short as possible. A month after the Smart Meter was installed, I received my bill, It was triple and stayed that way for 18 months. I called electricians to come look, they said there was a short, but they couldn't find it. I had no choice but to go on the Equal Payment Plan, because my bill got up to $700.00 a month. Then the monthly amount kept increasing, when I was late 3 times "only by a couple days each time" they send me a bill for over $3000.00 and give me 30 days to pay or my power would be disconnected. Luckily I was able to get this one time payment through the energy assistance program.

The following month my house catches on fire, so I call NV Energy, they disconnect my power and wait 5 hrs. before they show up. When they finally arrive they immediately notice that the transformer which is located on my roof is burnt, old, and rusty so they replace it, and immediately go on the defensive and say "You must have installed it yourself, because we didn't." Come on really, the transformer has a huge cable going to the main pole. No one but the power co. could install it. The guy then continues with the meter should be going the same. The dial that was impossible to track prior because it was going so fast, was now barely moving. The guy made it a point to take the old transformer with him saying that he had to by law. Since the transformer has been replaced my power is a third of what it use to be, and it took a fire to find out what was drawing so much power.

Please if your home is an older home & your power has doubled look at the transformer on your roof if it is old and rusty, have NV Energy replace it. You could save thousands each year. I never received an apology from NV Energy for my home catching fire due to their old transformer, or for being without power, and they refuse to take any responsibility for the thousands of dollars that I over paid due to an old transformer that should've been checked on a yearly basis. It should be a law. They know that the transformers don't last forever, they need to be held accountable. What if we were asleep, I probably wouldn't be writing this now.

NV ENERGY has made a huge mistake. I helped my cousin out with his bill by making the payments at his address through my credit card. I move into my new home in March of 2013. My first bill was 40.00 and I paid my previous bill from 2009 before I could start service of 189.00. My second bill I received in May skyrockets to 860.00 which included my past due balance and my cousin's bill from his address. NV Energy is telling me that I have to pay a total of 1008.54 before I can start services at my new home. They are telling me that I am responsible for his bill because I was authorized on his account. I was never authorized on his account because if I was they would have gave him the balance of 189.00 that I owed from 2009. I never lived at this home.

I spoke to NV Energy about this and their fraud department and so did my cousin. My cousin told them that this is his problem not mine and to remove it from my bill. My cousin made payment arrangements that he didn't stick to. The final bill was supposed to be sent to my parents' home which is where his mail comes so they can forward it to him. Instead they moved the 654.09 bill to my mom's bill and she called them to have it removed. Once it was removed it was given back to me on my bill. I have been dealing with this matter since 2013 and it is still not resolved. I have moved to several places and the bill follows me to every location.

The funny thing is, I was never authorized on my cousin's account. NV Energy placed me on his account without my authorization and without my knowledge. I have called and spoke to Consumer Affairs for utilities and they verified with NV Energy that I was not even in the state when the he established his account. NV Energy was supposed to send me a fraud packet which they refused to send to me in 2013 and they are telling me according to what my mother told them this bill is not going to be removed.

My mother is 70 years old a senile and I was not on the phone with this information and my mother is stating that she told them that the bill didn't belong to her and it didn't belong to me. It belonged to her nephew and her address was only to be used for the final bill to be mailed to. When my cousin spoke to them he asked them to remove it off my bill and that I was not authorized on his account. In 2015, I get on the phone with ** in final bill department and she sent me the fraud packet.

Everything was sent to them -- my lease, my bill, my identification and inside the packet they wanted a police report. The police department would not give me a report because my cousin didn't commit a crime. He did not use my information. NV Energy used my information and placed me on his account. The police department stated since he didn't use my information to establish service there is not a crime to report. This form had to be notarized as well. Once this was completed I got another form from ** is final bills that stated my document was incomplete because there was no report but I did include the officers id and name on my statement of what he advised he would not give me a report because there was no crime committed.

To add insult to injury my cousin moved back to Las Vegas in 2013 and established his new account and his new residence with a zero balance. NV Energy is telling me that this is between me and my cousin who advised them I didn't live at the residence, nor was I responsible for his debt and to remove it to his account which they have yet to do.

I spoke to a supervisor on Tuesday last week who sent detailed notes about this matter to ** and her supervisor and the young lady who set up my account in the beginning who made the mistake and I was supposed to get a call back from someone in 48 hours last week by Thursday and I have not yet gotten a call from anyone. So I am going to take a police report out on NV Energy for misuse of my social security number and placing my information on someone else's account and trying to hold me responsible. I can't move into my home without power and I refuse to give this company 1008.09 for a bill that doesn't belong to me.

On Sept. 2014 I moved and asked ~by e-mail~ to transfer the credit from my old address to my new address. To date, March 25, 2015, NV Energy has not done so. They keep sending stupid me e-mails and I reply them. Under no circumstance pay your bills with automatic payment ~they will take your money~ and I told them this. I write them a check!!! A class action lawsuit is appropriate.

In August I began the process of putting a $20,000 solar panel system on my roof so that I could eliminate my power bill with NV Energy. The installation of the panels was completed and the application for Net Metering Installation filled out and sent back to NV Energy by October 1st. On October 17th, when I hadn't heard anything from NV Energy regarding the installation, I called them and was transferred to their "Net Metering Department". The person I spoke with said that the application had not yet been received and suggested that I try back in 7-10 business days.

On October 27th I called in again and was told that the application WAS received on October 13th (so apparently the person I spoke to on the 17th lied) but that an appointment had not yet been scheduled to have my net meter installed. She transferred me to someone else who could tell me what the status was. That someone else turned out to be the voice mail for a woman named Colleen and she has the most incompetent sounding voice mail message I have ever heard in my life. But, trying not to let it get to me after 3 minutes of listening to her heavy breathing during her recording, I finally left her a polite message including my phone number and name and service address and asked her to call me back.

It's now November 13th. She never called me back. So I called in and was told again that the application was received on October 13th (yes I already knew that, thank you) but an appointment STILL had not been scheduled for installation. WTF?! I was given a number to call to speak with someone who could tell me what the status is. I wasn't angry yet so I said thank you, hung up, and dialed the number. Guess who I got. Colleen's incompetent sounding, heavy breathing voice mail again. I left her another message, a less polite message.

I called back to NV Energy and explained that I needed someone else to talk to because Colleen wasn't winning my confidence vote by this point. I was given a number for someone named Derek who was my (and I quote) "last ditch effort" (she actually used those words!) because he was over the whole department. 'Well good', I think, 'I can finally get something accomplished', I think. Then I get his voicemail which is bad enough but even worse when the outgoing message informs me that his mailbox is full and I can't even leave him a message.

GAAAAAH! So I call NV Energy yet again and they give me a number for someone named Ben who is, apparently (according to him) just in charge of rebates and has absolutely nothing to do with net metering installation. But he tells me that I need to email the 'person who handles that' and starts giving me Colleen's email address. DOUBLE GAAAAAH!!! I explain to him that I left her two messages with no return calls and tried to call her superior to no avail, and he tells me (paraphrasing) 'Well this will be your best bet because their voice mails are almost always full and I don't even think they check them' ... How professional of them. Do you know what my boss would do if I just decided not to check my voice mail? HE'D FIRE ME! Why even have a voice mail? For that matter, why even have a phone? What kind of rinky-dink, half-cocked operation are these people running?!

So I emailed Colleen but my hopes are NOT high. Meanwhile I get a solicitation taped to my door by a young lady today. It's from NV Energy. WOW! They can afford to hire girls to go house to house taping stuff on people's doors but they somehow can't manage to send someone out here to install a meter? The solicitation is for new thermostats and in big bold letters it says 'WE'RE DOING INSTALLATIONS THIS MONTH'. TRIPLE GAAAAAH!!! How about you INSTALL MY FREAKIN' METER INSTEAD!

Now, pay attention because this is where it really gets good. I just paid my power bill for the month of October, yesterday... a bill that would have been MUCH smaller had they actually processed my application and installed my meter. Today I get an email from them informing me of what my month-to-date charges are - I SHOULDN'T EFFING HAVE MONTH-TO-DATE CHARGES because I have a TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLAR SOLAR SYSTEM ON MY ROOF THAT I CAN'T EFFING USE!

And then it hits me - Colleen may be incompetent (and I have no doubt that she really is) but NV Energy is most certainly not. It's no accident that their apparent incompetence is also padding their pockets with my money. Money I shouldn't owe them for power I shouldn't have needed from them. They're deliberately stalling. They deliberately don't check their messages - hell Colleen and Derek probably don't even exist! It's a bottomless pit. A scam. A shamble. An endless cycle of screw-me-over to prevent me from becoming energy independent. I wonder what our politicians that have spent so much time and effort pushing this clean energy plan would think if they found out that the local energy company is doing everything in its power to choke hold the process and keep people like myself dependent on overpriced electricity?

There is an ad in the Review Journal Newspaper on Oct. 20, 2014 advertising for people to sign up for MyAccount--a resource of NVEnergy.com to use "helpful online tools". The ad has 6 people pictured in it and they are all males--no women are pictured although 5 of the workers are men. Don't women work for NVEnergy or use their services? What an insult to women!

NV Energy complaint - I moved in this house 7 months ago. My power went from 42.00 a month to 300.00 a month. I haven't had a working AC all summer until 2 days ago I received an alert my power jumped 87.00 in 2 days for running my AC for 30 minutes - impossible when the week before my summary alert was 107.00 for 17 days. So explain that one then NV Energy tells me to look on computer to see where my usage is at - it just tells you how much you used not which power source where it’s being used at. Nobody can explain that. Then I get a bill shows old rate new rate so my old rate 48.00 and new rate 154.00. How’s that? There was no rate increase - it was denied. I'm on a fixed income and my installments would be 132.00 by weekly payments. I only make 400.00 a month. But you're right. They're ripping us customers off and they're rude and act like it’s coming out of their pockets. Please help.

Each day for several days about one hour 7 pm there is no power. I can understand the fault once in a while, but everyday-- my tv stopped working, who will pay for the repair??? It's through your negligence.

The month of june and july they told me if I bring in a blank check, I won't have to pay a deposit of 194.00. And my bill says current charges is 129.22 and balanced forward is 43.00. And my bill is 172.22. That doesn't make last bill. Said I had credit of 152.00 and my bill was 157.48 and they added 42.56 to the account and it added to 200.04. And I asked where the 42.56 is added for, and they took 43.00 out, and added it to this month's bill since. And looking on my bill I am still paying, and that I should only pay what is owed, not extra. So I would like to know what I can do about it legally because I've been waiting for a manager to call me back since last friday, and it's wednesday. So can someone help out what I can do.

Nevada Energy wants more money in to fill their fat pockets. They don't care about the people, all they care about is dollars.. WE ALL WILL GO ONE DAY AND ENTER THE GATES OF HEAVEN. BUT THESE FAT CATS, THE GATES OF HEAVEN WILL BE CLOSED.

NV Energy high summer rates make no sense. We have cut our power use since April and our bill still goes up. My wife and I are retired and live on a limited budget and the power bill goes up without reason and all we get are suggestion to cut electrical use that we already use.

NV energy climbed over my fence and change the meter when I was not at home. I am appalled that they allow someone to put the KKK symbol. Who is employed by NV Energy and put in a meter without Prior consent of the customer. Contact power company, I have no rights!!!

I am a senior lady (81yrs old) in good health especially mentally, on a budget of soc. sec. Customer service told me they could put me on a special monthly program of $43.39 starting in Aug 2013 until June 2014. She told me they will withdraw that amount each month. I noticed in Dec. they did not withdraw anything. I called twice and was told, "Don't worry about it". I asked if they would double up the withdrawal for Jan. She said, "No, not to worry, they will take out $43.30 in Jan. and $35.96 in Feb." This did not make sense to me but then who am I to question a mega company such as Nevada Energy, with a company full of expert Customer Service people with wonderful training to be able to work with the public?

Wrong, Wrong - they are put into a position where they have no right to be. It takes a special person to be able to sift for answers when they are asked by the consumer. My Feb bill came and it was for $79.35 double the usual amount. I called and called and nobody could give me any answers. A customer service guy called me and was rude, rude and so was I. It was Fri. afternoon and we know what happens on Fri. afternoons - nobody likes to work and its party time getting ready to start. He was getting angry and told me he is taking me off the program and the Feb bill of $79.35 will be taken out of my account on the 27th.

I told him if he did that the withdrawal will bounce because all my bills were paid and my budget allotted for the $35.96 - when a person is on soc. sec. and the check comes every 4 (sometimes 5) weeks every penny counts. Just enough left for food for 4 weeks. As far as I'm concerned most of them are incompetent. I'm a senior and far from incompetent. These Customer Service people are just out of McDonald's and given a label of Customer Service and it goes to their head - and we suffer for it.

My power bill was assessed over the past 12 months in order to get a budget cost for a pre-arranged 12 month payment plan. They came up with 120.00 dollar payment to compensate for high summer bill with low winter bills and saw that 120 dollars would work well into Oct. They said I went over my estimated amount and needed to charge me an additional 60 dollars and with a back payment of 880.80 dollars then told me if I was not happy with the budget plan which it was clear to me to be a rip off to come off of it. Well yes I would if they would reimburse me what I have overpaid. They have me paying double my winter amount plus they had me back pay what they said I have been over. How is that possible when they did the math? What happened to my 120.00 dollar average jumps to 179.00 dollars plus back pay 880.00 dollars? I need help to sue these **. I hope others who need help with similar matters get it. I would like to find group action legal or other. Thank you for reading... Also when paying a bill I asked to pay half of the 300 dollar bill and the rude agent tried to convince me that 200 dollars was half of 300 dollars. They are all blatant liars, rotten to the core. I damn them all.

NV Energy Company Profile