2. Homeowners

Jacksonville, FL

3.9/5 (204 ratings)

About JEA

JEA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JEA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about JEA?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I would not refer anybody to JEA. They will charge you of deposits if your usage go up every month. JEA will put everyone in the poor house like Trump did. Trump don't care about us and neither do JEA. I bet the owner of JEA lights will never get shut off because they all are in on making us suffer. So no do not apply for JEA services at all. You will have to pay more than what you got in your pocket. I hate JEA.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Took 15 for one day of electricity when my bill averages 3-4 dollars a day. Told me the cold makes my heater run harder. In fact it would not run harder it would just take longer to heat it or else the machine would burn up. They acted as if I was trying to argue with them. They further told me that one the JEA my way (prepay setup) that sometimes you don't get charged what you use. Sometimes they overcharge you and in my case I got undercharged because the two different methods, monthly and prepay bill your bill separately then when it's time to pay they say that they don't correspond with each other and thats how you end up owing them or vice versa. Long story short they're thieves. Their system is corrupt and somebody needs make another source of power besides these crooks. Been a JEA customer more than 6 years and never once been cut off. I wouldn't recommend this place if I was paid for it.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

They are very rude and very condescending especially over the phone. On hold for a long time for every little thing and literally laugh in your face for simple questions, which is completely unnecessary. If I had any other choice for a power company in my area, I would switch immediately.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

It’s the most mismanaged organization to where I have no words for it. The biggest reason to not live in Jackson or for anyone to move here. My bill has been on auto debit for years without a missed payment and they cut off the water and air in Oct without any notification whatsoever. There should be some quality control on JEA. When I found out, I paid whatever they told me was the balance, hundreds of dollars of deposit for reinstating it and they turned it back on. They wouldn’t of course if the entire balance and fee were not paid and that is what they told me that it was paid except it’s JEA and they don’t know what they are doing.

This was on Nov 9th that I paid the balance and the extra charges. And it was turned on only for them to cut it off on Nov 19th, just ten days later for some amount $89 that they claim wasn’t paid on the 9th when it was all paid. This is how it keeps going with them. They should be sued for sure. Another interesting thing about them is that it’s been 8 years since I separated/divorced from my husband and the house has been under my name, and I’ve paid the bills. But any time I call them, they ask me for his social!!! Even after assuring me they’ve changed it on the account, they ask for it. Of course this is JEA.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Very bad customer service. I just asked to cancel my service and I said to the representative that, "Once you cancel the service can I be able to get a confirmation email from you" and he been rude and trying to teach me the English language. They should get proper training and not argue with the customers. Due to the customer, they get paid. I am not to be rude but his attitude is not good.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I live in an apartment complex by myself and I usually average $160-$180 a month for the majority of my time. However, in the last 3 months from July through September, my bills have been astronomical--averaging $400 a month! I looked at the utility tracker and it says that I used over 13,000 gallons of water per month... Are you ** me? I do not have a swimming pool in my 2 bedroom apartment. I also wasn't even home for half of August due to an illness in my family where I was out of town. I turned everything off. And the crazy thing is that August was the month that my bill was the highest, $487. GTFO. This is a load of **.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

They WILL double charge you on a payment and MAKE YOU pay a refund fee for their screw up! I had to call 3 times to get a competent person on the line and then they still told me there was nothing they could do. I wouldn't even move to JEA strictly because of their customer service!

Original review: April 14, 2018

While on a vacation out of country, received a email that my JEA account was past due. Have done business with JEA since 1988 and never even had to give a deposit. Always paid bills on time. I looked at my bill pay account and seen that the amount was paid probably 20 days before and figured something just didn't match up with their computers and didn't worry about it.

Boy was I wrong, after getting back home and calling JEA about another matter concerning backflow preventers, the clerk told me that I had an overdue bill. I told her that the bill was current and had my bank account to back it up. Got my bank on the phone and she was responsible. Told by the bank that the check had mailed out and credited March 8th which was way before the bill was due. She didn't say anything but refused to accept this and said she needed something in writing. By this time I had everything ever wanted to hear from JEA and told her that I am responsible to pay the bill, JEA is responsible to credit my account and can't be held responsible for that. She had previously told me that my account was out for disconnection.

Heard from them several days later that my money could have been credited to another account and thought that took care of everything. Five days later my electric was disconnected. Knew it wasn't going to be a short or good call. Called them and finally got to a supervisor who studied the account and straightened it out within an hour and turned the electric back on and apologized. So you would think that was the end of the story. Right? No, received from JEA Customer Experience Center a letter today that said they keep an internal credit rating system and mine instead of being 1000 was going to be 900 because of this incident. Look it's government and you can't dream up this stuff.

Original review: April 1, 2018

They charged me over $15 a day when weather outside cold, I turned off my a/c and come to my cousin stay for couple days, my charges no different. I took the pictures of the meter every day to see how many KWH had been used. Also wrote down all the day and time at meter, every time I add money to my account they charged me double. They told we dumb, I am got a lawyer all the evidence. Let see what they can do, I love to take them to court... JEA is a thief.

Original review: March 13, 2018

My experience with this energy, water company has been deplorable. I'm a current customer with no other options. This company levies a 500 deposit if payment is missed and fails to notify customers if services are interrupted. While on vacation, they discontinued services, didn't put any notice on door or send an email that services had been discontinued. Came home from a 2-week vacation to find all refrigerator and freezer contents spoiled and rotten. Horrible experience with this company, at least they could call or put notice on door when service discontinued. They suck! Will gladly transfer service to another company if option were available.

JEA Company Information