Jacksonville, FL

3.0/5 (64 ratings)

About JEA

JEA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JEA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about JEA?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

My meter was changed out July 28th. Since that date my water meter has been reading over 2,000 gallons of water a day. JEA will not reimburse me. I need help because I have paid $750 in 3 days. Please help me.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

My fuel charge is amt of electric. 901.70 that's freaking crazy. It's my whole damn pay check. Same kw as last yr but 300.00 more. Something has to help us. Why are the allowed to do this? What as consumers can we do?

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2022

Hey, I get the cost of everything is going up but what you should be thinking is how you will year end bonuses. So glib and business like. Every year, you post that and it's like putting salt in the wound.

Original review: July 7, 2022

My bill went from 100 to 150 a month to 255 a month in one year. This is getting out of hand. How can I afford this!! Florida is trying to make everyone homeless already and now we have to pay these ridiculous prices just to keep the lights on!!!

Original review: June 25, 2022

Jea is extremely expensive. My bill cost almost $100 more last year. I have watched it go up and up. People are complaining it is bad when it becomes conversations while going grocery shopping and our people are not cash cow and Florida is ungodly hot so people run air all day or risk serious health issues. Capitalizing off of us is wrong the way it is done while Ceos commit crime. Hiking our bills constantly. We need deregulation and competitive company access to free and discount solar panel in community to supplement cost for all. Jacksonville invest in good for people and not for these corporations. We can never recover from post pandemic with this American greed.

Original review: June 10, 2022

We are tired of having to pay fuel cost. We pay almost a 100 dollars a month in fuel cost on top of the light bill. This is really ridiculous. Jea needs to stop charging us fuel cost. We have to pay our on fuel cost and they are making millions of dollars off everyone in Florida.

Original review: April 13, 2022

JEA came out to my home & took my meter Saturday without telling me. Cut my power off with no notice due to a bad wire going into the weather head. They told me this verbally, not even on paper. I had to write it down with a pen so I knew what to tell the Electrician. Turns out this work is very expensive. Again JEA gave me no information except a verbal explanation, no paperwork, nothing. Just said to call an Electrician to fix. It's not their problem. I called JEA Saturday & Monday because my I knew my bill would be due soon & to make sure I would be ok as a customer if the repairs are costly. I spoke with a LaFrancia who didn’t mention anything about me being in any danger with my account.

Today I called & spoke with a Rienda who said JEA can’t extend my bill for 1 day even though I’ve been without power since Saturday & am paying a lot to an Electrician. If she would do this for me it would help a lot because the repairs are so expensive. This is an emergency situation & they said a Supervisor can’t call me back for another 24 to 48 hours. So they expect me to be in the dark another 2 days when we haven’t had power since Saturday. This company is a joke. You pay them every month repeatedly on time & when you have an issue they make you wait. Worst customer service ever. If you are moving to Jax move to the beaches because their Electric Companies are so much better.

Original review: March 6, 2022

The fact that this is our only poor overcharged ** option is absurd. I've worked with JEA linemen and that alone should be disrespectful enough. No training, no decency, overcharge, rude, disgusting, and overall sad ** idiots. Bills fluctuate for no reason, random charges. Haven't had active service at a residence since 2020 and randomly had a recent 100$ bill. Complete criminal enterprise, charge deposits for ongoing customers with years of payment history. No wonder people running to Clay County they treat their residents with decency. US veterans even get ** on by JEA, ** sad but funny because they will cry when we start dropping people in Jea uniforms.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I've questioned JEA about any senior discounts and discounts for veterans that they might have. They have none and their representatives were quite curt in their responses back as if I was asking the most inconvenient questions. I think they should at least allow a small discount for those of us over 65 or for those of us that served in the military.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I have been a JEA customer for almost 20 years, I recently switched to the solarsmart program because I was interested in getting solar panels, but due to the changes in the net-metering rates it didn't make financial sense. I read all the information on the JEA website about how the solarsmart program works, and it led me to believe that I would be paying a slightly higher energy cost per KWH but I wouldn't be paying any fuel cost. What really happened is that they charge me the regular energy cost per KWH of $.069 PLUS (in addition to) the slightly higher solarsmart rate of $.075 per KWH. They do credit the fuel charge, which is roughly $.039 per KWH, but that doesn't make any sense for customers to switch to this program if all they are going to do is charge you double the amount you are currently paying.

My bill went up $169 after I started using this program. So when I called the customer service they said that this program is meant to be an "investment" into JEA solar program.... REALLY? Nowhere on their website does it say that you are "investing" in JEA. I am disappointed that the JEA monopoly is bent on preventing customers from getting solar power in the Sun Shine State. I wish that we had other options for power. I would switch in a heartbeat.

JEA Company Information