2. Homeowners

Jacksonville, FL

3.9/5 (184 ratings)

About JEA

JEA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JEA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about JEA?

Original review: July 31, 2017

We just bought a house, and we have leaving a about a month, and we haven't receive any bill yet, today I discover a running hose in the backyard. We called the Company but they don't care, according with them, it is impossible that a running hose can waste so much water enough for fill it up three pools. But apparently is possible for them that just two people can wasted all that amount of water. Anyway they just care about the money.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I have rented my home for 6 yr and in that time my water bill have rarely been over $18.00. Between June '16 and December '16, it hiked from $167.68 to $400.41. I had JEA come out and was told that there was no leak between the road and the house. In the meantime, they decided I needed to repay the deposit to the tune of $975.00. Then somehow my bill since Jan '17 has been back to normal. Is there anyone to complain to at JEA or do I have to suck it up because they can scam their customers with no recourse?

Original review: April 12, 2017

We had our lights cut off for a past due amount of 145 bucks when the payment wasn't due until the next day. When my wife went to complain they changed the due date to today to justify their actions. Last month they processed the same payment twice when we only authorized one payment. When I told them we were getting the solar panels they had nothing to say. I'm so glad we're homeowners so we have an alternative to this monopoly who just gets to bully people and do whatever they want.

Original review: April 10, 2017

I called JEA this morning. To let them know about the electrical problem. I was having at the resident I was staying at. I was not trying to get out of paying my bill. I just wanted JEA to know I had to move out to find me somewhere else to stay because of the electrical problem. JEA lady that bill is yours and needs to pay. A nasty lady with no heart. Learn to talk to people with respect.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I just received my most recent JEA bill and was speechless to see it was almost $900. After review I noticed a "residential deposit" for almost $500. I googled what this "deposit" is and apparently JEA feels they have the God given right to charge this ridiculous fee based on your credit score. I have had to request extensions every month for a good while now however I have ALWAYS paid by the extension deadline date. I am single mother of two and work a FULL TIME job. I am NOT a bum, unemployed or sit and wait for handouts.

I went on the JEA website and I guess this is a new rule they have. The website goes on to say that the deposit is placed in a separate account and will accrue interest (how nice of them) and when your credit rating is what THEY deem acceptable they have up to TWO YEARS to return the deposit to you! I have NEVER in my life heard of such a thing! I can see if a deposit was required up front, getting new service or if my credit was not good to begin with however this is not the case. I have had JEA for almost 7 years and this is the first time I have EVER seen or heard something like this. I am beyond infuriated and have demanded they call me TODAY, having either a manager or someone at their corporate office call me. Do they have a right to do this to a long time customer (almost 7 years)?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

So I am a JEA "My Way" customer, and have been for many years. Not to mention family friends with The Currys (Jax Mayor). My service has never been shut off due to keeping my balance up to date. Recently, we had been in Wolfson's with my 3 year old who had a 103.5 temp and the flu for 4 days. It's my own fault, power bill was last thing on my mind and the hospital drained my funds but my little girl comes first.

I come home, power shut off and I get paid again in less than 24 hours. I have the past due plus enough, based upon my usage, for another 48 hours of power with a total of $30.00. That leaves me just enough to cover my daughter's scripts. But that's not good enough for these crooks, with a wonderful and consistent payment history, they had to have their extra $25.00 regardless if it took her script money and had me cracking her piggy bank counting change, even after explaining and pleading to a rep and their supervisor.

As a supporter of them through the hurricane, I withdraw all endorsements of JEA. They have zero remorse for families, zero customer service and for a company that rides around with a slogan saying "building communities"... It should say robbing families. I come from a Duke/Progress energy state in NC. Even with politicians having their hands in that jar, they showed a little personal relationship with the customer. My experience was lacking the level of customer service I would receive from an ATM. These are the guys that need regulations... They are not hurting for money while we hurt for power or an extra day!!! It's not like we were pro-rated when they couldn't get their act together with Hurricane Matthew.

Government needs to step in and put them in line!! If they want to claim to be part of our community, then they need to start acting like it. Remember JEA... Sunlight is free, Wind is free, Flowing water is free... YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY WAY. AND FURTHERMORE we the customers make your paycheck... Keep you working and create your jobs!!! Be thankful and diligent!!!! And stop being useless, inconsiderate **... As it could be you on the other end of a phone in one hand, sick daughter in the other asking for help!!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I recently noticed an negative impact on my credit score from a property I moved out of 3 YEARS ago! The people that moved in just started paying the bill that showed up and moved out a few months ago. They said they let anyone pay your bill and they refused to remove the negative hit on my credit even though I paid someone's last bill in full. It should be a crime to accept payments from people with completely different names and at least should removed it off my credit when I paid another person's bill in full.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I recently moved into the house after purchase and I noticed that the first bill was EXTREMELY high... $459 to be exact. I called and the rep told me that the sprinkler system was running a lot... 45min 4 days a week. She then explained that sometimes when the power gets turned back onto the sprinklers it sets itself to the highest setting. Okay unbelievable but sure I will reset the settings. Set my sprinkler system to water 5 minutes three days a week. My bill... $400. They have NO explanation for it. WORST company ever. Petition for some competition.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

My power was shut off for nonpayment. I never received a reminder / cutoff notice. I called and paid the bill. I travel extensively and sometimes I use the reminder to REMIND me when the bill is due. After waiting awhile, I called JEA to find out when my power would be restored. I was told by the JEA rep that because of the recent hurricane, the reminder / cutoff notices went out late and that a lot of people had their power disconnected without notice. A cursory glance at my payment history would have shown that I am not a delinquent customer.

Furthermore, a phone call would have gotten them paid INSTANTLY. Instead, JEA elected to waste company time, resources, and manpower to make two trips to my house, not to mention the incredible inconvenience to me and my family. In today's world of automated systems and technological advances, think of all the time, manpower and resources that could be saved with a simple automated phone call to account holders on the day that their power is to be disconnected.

I am as dissatisfied as I can possibly be with JEA. If there was another choice, I wouldn't be a JEA customer. I guess that is exactly the reason that JEA can get away with treating customers like this. Combine this with way that power restoration was handled after the recent hurricane and it obvious that whoever is running the show at JEA needs to be fired, and a thorough policy review needs to take place. As customers, we shouldn't stand for it, even if they are a monopoly.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

Just recently moved into the Saint John's area and my bill for the last two months has been around 120.00 for the time. Suddenly my bill jumps 2,700% for my water and sewage but there is no leak... no break in my pipes or anything. They said that I used over a thousand gallons a day!! Completely rude and told me to PAY UP. I am off the charts on my water bill. No idea how what this company is doing. Definitely taking this up with the city. I am not the only one they are trying to do this to either. Will switch companies if I can.

JEA Company Information