3.8/5 (160 ratings)

About Georgia Power

Georgia Power Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Georgia Power?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Georgia Power?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Maryland has excellent customer service, she was nice, speak clearly, understanding, answer all my questions and made me feel comfortable. Georgia Power is great electric company I ever had! I give them 10 ⭐️!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Georgia Power is the best. I bought a house back in 1994 and cannot believe how reasonable their rates are. They also send monthly mailings you just don't throw out. They contain local news and more important they always have such great ways to come up with rebates. The best is like to turn in your old refrigerator - get $35 and they take the old one away.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Georgia Power is a reliable and trusted power company. They are community oriented budget. Their website is chock full of helpful information on products you can purchase for your home to help you save money on your monthly power bill and finally you can download their app in the Apple app or Google app store which updates you on power outages in your area

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

GA Power has given us very satisfactory service for 57 years. Within minutes of power going off, we will get a notice of where power is off and what they are doing to take care of issue. Then another text to let us know it should be back on and a number to call if it isn't. Our monthly bill is divided for the year based on previous use. If we use less and our yearly bill is less, then our next year's monthly bills adjusted accordingly. Great service.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I called GP with a very complicated matter regarding service. And let me tell you, all the representative I've spoken to has done everything to help me. However, the last person I spoke to her name is Kay ** had been nothing but an angel. After hanging up with her, I cried because of the situation I was in. I'm forever greatly to this lady. Georgia Power you have a great employee.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Georgia Power is the biggest rip-off. You charge me for a nuclear power plant that you're building or have built. I don't own it, I'm not making a profit off of it I shouldn't have to pay for it!! I live in an 800 square foot house, with no heat in the kitchen or bathroom. Yet every year you jack up my bill and pretend I'm using more electricity. I pay the same amount for my bill that people in a 1500-2000 square foot house. My bill this month was $217. I can't even afford a stove because I'm paying Georgia Power so much money. I pay well over $1200 a year for power. I've been in my house for 8 years! I don't have a washer/dryer/ stove. I don't heat the kitchen or bathroom.

They are building solar plants all over the state of Georgia and producing cheaper power but charging us the same amount of money and pocketing the difference. You know how I know??? Because I drive all over the state and see their solar yards!!! I see their name on the signs. 8 years of ripping me off. $217 dollars out of my 900 a month disability check. That's 24% of my income going to electricity. You know how much my rent is? Only 350! If I ask for a payment plan then you want to charge me an additional deposit. If I don't have the amount of the bill then what makes you think I have an additional 100-150 for a deposit.

I stopped asking for payment plans years ago. When I get the money they will get the money. I'd rather pay a 10 dollar late fee than a 150 deposit. I have to cook with a rice cooker and a microwave. Now I can't even heat my home I have to sit here cold under a blanket because they charged me $217 this month. Then when I tried to dispute the meter reading they threaten to charge me for the man coming out to check the meter. If I don't have the 217 what makes you think I've got the money for the man to come out to the house???

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

Someone hit the guide wires to the pole that services our property when we weren't home. GP came out to "fix" the problem. When I got home, pole was leaning, guide wires were not fixed properly and causing wires to touch our carport. Called GP back out to fix the problem. They said we need a new service pole beside our house. Funny how OUR pole was fine until their pole and guide wires were "fixed" by their own people! Also, the lineman had snarky remarks about where we live and came close to insulting me while I fight cancer!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I have never known a company to make it so hard for us to get power after family members passed. We have been out of power since December 16th. Now there is an outstanding bill we are responsible bc we couldn't get an account opened up in our name. We have sent documentation in. We also had our power box messed with while we were out of state but we have no proof because our power was cut off without us being notified by Georgia Power themselves, while we were out of state. We left to go get other documents needed to open our account. We had no problem trying to pay on the other account but we don't have that much money laying around.

This is an emergency situation and we have been without power long enough. We have small children and animals and this has cost us jobs and food and about to be our home if something isn't done. I lost my husband working with this company almost 12 years ago and I never would have expected this kind of treatment. We had been told constantly that they have payment programs and other programs to help, but yet we have hit a brick wall no matter what we do.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I have been paying electric bills for years and have never had the outrageously high bills I have with GA power. I have asked on numerous occasions for an auditor to come out and assess why my bills are so insanely high. I get told that "due to Covid they are unable to send someone out". That was last year's excuse, but they continue to use it and raise the rates and proceed to say "we checked and it's all ok". No it's not ok when my home is adjusted to GA Power recommended temps, one whole floor is turned off, I live alone and don't work from home and still my bills are going up. It's complete injustice and so infuriating. I raised another claim a week ago and am still waiting for a callback. If you have a choice, DO NOT choose GA Power.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

We have been in a subdivision for almost 3 years and every time any type of mildly harsh weather occurs we lose power for hours up to days. We are on the same grid as the active adult community across the street. Nothing is being done to correct this. Many of our neighbors call and complain every time, yet nothing changes and requests fall on deaf ears. It is beyond ridiculous how it keeps happening over and over again with no resolution for YEARS!!!! Fix the problem Georgia Power!!!! Your grace period to figure it out has expired!!!

Georgia Power Company Information