3.2/5 (70 ratings)

About Georgia Power

Georgia Power Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Georgia Power?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Georgia Power?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Maryland has excellent customer service, she was nice, speak clearly, understanding, answer all my questions and made me feel comfortable. Georgia Power is great electric company I ever had! I give them 10 ⭐️!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Georgia Power is the best. I bought a house back in 1994 and cannot believe how reasonable their rates are. They also send monthly mailings you just don't throw out. They contain local news and more important they always have such great ways to come up with rebates. The best is like to turn in your old refrigerator - get $35 and they take the old one away.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Georgia Power is a reliable and trusted power company. They are community oriented budget. Their website is chock full of helpful information on products you can purchase for your home to help you save money on your monthly power bill and finally you can download their app in the Apple app or Google app store which updates you on power outages in your area

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

GA Power has given us very satisfactory service for 57 years. Within minutes of power going off, we will get a notice of where power is off and what they are doing to take care of issue. Then another text to let us know it should be back on and a number to call if it isn't. Our monthly bill is divided for the year based on previous use. If we use less and our yearly bill is less, then our next year's monthly bills adjusted accordingly. Great service.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

This company should be ashamed of themselves. Their customer service employees could care less about helping you. I have been trying to get a Supervisor to call me for months. I will finally figure out a way to get to the CEO and will share my log of every encounter I have had that has gotten me nowhere. I also am in the process of communicating with the Atlanta local news Fox 5 to do a story on this hideous experience.

Original review: July 19, 2022

I have submitted 3 requests by email and called GA Power twice in order to get the surge protector installed for my home. When I call to ask why I am not getting a response I get told that there is nothing they can do about it and I get told that I must resubmit my request. This is very frustrating.

Original review: July 4, 2022

My debit card expired. Bank sent me a new card with a later expiration date. Same card number. Billmatrix will not allow me to add the new card or edit the original. I figured wth I'll delete the entire account and start over with the new card. Won't allow me to delete the account. Very difficult to get a human on the line for help, so the bill remains unpaid until I burn very expensive fuel to travel to a payment site. Shouldn't be this hard to pay a bill.

Original review: June 7, 2022

We have had Georgia power for over ten years. Never a late payment. Our bills have been getting higher and higher each month despite us not using more power. They charge ridiculous fees that we never agreed to pay. Today my bill came in and I have the following charges added onto my bill: Environmental Compliance Cost 51.24. Nuclear Construction Cost Recovery 10.55. Municipal Franchise Fee 5.00. I am being charged these fees monthly and there is nothing I can do if I want to have power. It should be criminal to steal all this money from people! I have two disabled children at home and can't afford this nonsense, but no one can live without power. If we had any other choice, I would leave Georgia power in a second.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Georgia Power is the biggest rip-off. You charge me for a nuclear power plant that you're building or have built. I don't own it, I'm not making a profit off of it I shouldn't have to pay for it!! I live in an 800 square foot house, with no heat in the kitchen or bathroom. Yet every year you jack up my bill and pretend I'm using more electricity. I pay the same amount for my bill that people in a 1500-2000 square foot house. My bill this month was $217. I can't even afford a stove because I'm paying Georgia Power so much money. I pay well over $1200 a year for power. I've been in my house for 8 years! I don't have a washer/dryer/ stove. I don't heat the kitchen or bathroom.

They are building solar plants all over the state of Georgia and producing cheaper power but charging us the same amount of money and pocketing the difference. You know how I know??? Because I drive all over the state and see their solar yards!!! I see their name on the signs. 8 years of ripping me off. $217 dollars out of my 900 a month disability check. That's 24% of my income going to electricity. You know how much my rent is? Only 350! If I ask for a payment plan then you want to charge me an additional deposit. If I don't have the amount of the bill then what makes you think I have an additional 100-150 for a deposit.

I stopped asking for payment plans years ago. When I get the money they will get the money. I'd rather pay a 10 dollar late fee than a 150 deposit. I have to cook with a rice cooker and a microwave. Now I can't even heat my home I have to sit here cold under a blanket because they charged me $217 this month. Then when I tried to dispute the meter reading they threaten to charge me for the man coming out to check the meter. If I don't have the 217 what makes you think I've got the money for the man to come out to the house???

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

Someone hit the guide wires to the pole that services our property when we weren't home. GP came out to "fix" the problem. When I got home, pole was leaning, guide wires were not fixed properly and causing wires to touch our carport. Called GP back out to fix the problem. They said we need a new service pole beside our house. Funny how OUR pole was fine until their pole and guide wires were "fixed" by their own people! Also, the lineman had snarky remarks about where we live and came close to insulting me while I fight cancer!

Georgia Power Company Information