Georgia Power

Research top Utility Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Record a review about your experience with Georgia Power:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Reviews & Complaints

I had a horrible time trumping to fix my problem. I got attitude from customer service and not a bit of help from anyone. I would not want to call back even to complain because it was terribly rude and slow service. The bills were wrong for two months. We logged it ourselves as has been my husband's concern when our first bill was incredibly high. He counted it himself and came up nearly $40 difference. It sounds like maybe it would have been a good deal, without the stealing money, but you're getting what you pay for. You pay cheap, you get cheap. Expect what you're paying for. Probably the only good thing I will say is that it was always on through storms when even the neighbors were down. Maybe that is where the extra money was going.

I have seen them work round the clock to restore power when we have had an outage as we did several years ago with an ice storm. Also when we lose power due to electrical storm. As far as I can tell the bill is always accurate. Of course I would like for it to be lower. I do know they offer a service where you can pay roughly the same every month so you don't have the really high bills in Summer or Winter. I assume the value is as good as any other power company. If there ever is a problem they are quick to fix it. They keep me warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I feel that this is something I rely on them to do. I also feel that I can rely on them to make things right when things go wrong.

The customer service aspects of the company are very involved in meeting all the criteria of excellence, family orientated and over the top. Never had a problem with getting my bill and having to have something corrected afterwards. The bill was always accurate and stated everything correctly. The value of the product meets the standards of being borderline overrated. The other aspects bring the value higher for me. If they brought the cost down the value of membership would be higher. Very reliable service. Never let down during problematic experiences as a paying customer. Service always follows through one hundred percent.

I've always been very satisfied with the customer service at Georgia Power. They are very friendly and always helped me with any issues I had. I've never had problems with my Georgia Power bills. They have always been accurate and the price is very reasonable. I highly recommend them. The value of service and expertise at Georgia Power is topnotch. Any issues or problems I may have encountered were handled promptly and there was also no charge. Anytime we may have encountered an outage, Georgia Power was extremely reliable in the fact that the outages were quickly and expertly resolved.

Pretty helpful whenever I had an issue. Didn't have to wait too long on hold to speak to a representative. I don't know if I would recommend them to others though, as I thought the prices were a little high. The bill accuracy was pretty good. I would recommend this to others, as I never experienced any issues with my bill during the time that I used them. This is the reason why I did away with them. I liked the customer service and the company as a whole, but I thought that their prices were too high compared to others. I thought the reliability was very good, and I was pretty happy. I really didn't have any issues with it to be honest. If the price was better, I probably would have stayed with them longer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Georgia Power?

Knowledgeable about my service but sometimes cannot understand a non-typical issue such as credit from a prior error that has not posted. The bill is very straightforward and easy to read. And the bill also provides relevant information about typical usage. Plenty of information about payment methods. Service is reliable under most conditions. It would make sense that in extreme weather conditions there might be a disruption in service but it typically is only for a short while.

They was very nice to me - never had a problem. Every time I call they did what they said they will do. They let me slide sometimes on my bill from month to month. My bill was never wrong. If I pay too much they let me know and add it on my other bill. They are really trustworthy. I just like this company - nothing bad to say about them. It's worth every dime. They tell how to save on bill - never had a problem. Wish I can tell everyone about them nothing bad to say about their value. They are very reliable. Please use them. They can be trusted better than most if not all. Just keep them in mind if you want good care.

Always friendly and willing to please customer. Rarely any need for escalation. Great demeanor from every representative on every phone call. Bills are almost always accurate and any problems are addressed and resolved quickly. I don't have any real complaints with monthly billing. The rates are good and they are fairly competitive with the rates of other companies. Energy rates have been skyrocketing but their rates have held steady. Their services are completely reliable and their customer support is reliable and wonderful. Outages are extremely rare and fixed very very quickly.

The customer service of this company was very knowledgeable in their field and it appeared that the employees were eager to help and do their jobs. The accuracy of the bill was always near perfect and was never any cause for concern or had any issues to be disputed. The accuracy of their calculations were always spot on or off by minor numbers. The value of the service done by this company is very meaningful and were always done with efficiency and with 100% accuracy and with the consumers in mind. The power provided by this company seldom had outages occur and was always a reliable source of power and energy for home appliances and the neighborhood.