2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

Virginia

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.22/5

Dominion Resources Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dominion Resources?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dominion Resources?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I paid for my services to be restored and sent proper paperwork needed to complete this transaction I have emailed and faxed my paperwork 4 times and I still don't have heat. It's been 7 days, I was told it takes 24 to 48 hours to process then make an appointment for someone to turn my gas on. Furthermore I was told there are no managers overseeing the payment center so there was none to talk to. I've been on the phone with Customer service for 4 days now without any positive results. My daughter and I are in the cold without hot water. I need help!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

We over paid our bill by hundreds of dollars. Your rep said $300 would be returned. We wait.... Then, we call to find out where our money is. The rep states the ACH was NSF. This is a lie. I have proof, both my gas bill and my bank statement say they still have my money. I fully believe someone at Dominion East Ohio Gas is stealing from people in the name of NSF checks. I have contacted East Ohio Gas Company Dominion and they are refusing to help.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Dominion Energy is the worst gas company you can work with. If there's any other option, I would immediately switch. They charge a fixed monthly fee no matter how much gas you use. When I moved to a new house, they started and stopped service on 1 day apart and sent me a bill for $30. When I called them to fix the billing issue, it was the single worst experience I've ever had on the phone with any company. I was transferred 5 separate times, at one point to the Gas Emergency hotline where the lady hung up on me. Then I had to call back and they have no record or any clue to all the other calls. It's unbelievable any company can be this bad. Their online portal is total garbage too. This is the worst company I've ever dealt with for anything.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I live in Mount Pleasant SC, My electric bill for august 2020 is 220.46. The most my bill has been was $180 tops during a month in the winter which is to be expected. I typically pay around $140 a month. I just think it's ridiculous how much the prices have jumped. I know they recently switch from SCE&G from my area but this is ridiculous especially in a time like this.

Original review: July 14, 2020

We have been customers of Rocky Mountain Power/Dominion Energy since 1998. In that entire time, I don't remember ever paying late until last month. I closed a bank account and forgot to cover the automatic payment of $25.78 for June. For that mistake, I got a letter saying I have to pay a late fee of $20 and send the missing funds and late fee by money order or cashier check in the next 10 days or risk having my service interrupted. Seriously? I no longer have good credit after paying on time for 22 years? If I had a choice of gas companies I would be going to another company today. Too bad I don't.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I've called a few times recently to get the gas switched back into my name after renting our house for a time. Called again today with questions about my $366 bill. Every time I talk to someone in their customer service department they are put out. They act bothered with my questions. They're always ornery and cantankerous. They are the worst! If you work customer service for a business that doesn't have a monopoly on the market and treat your customers like they do, you lose customers or get fired.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Recently, I got married and called to change my name. With ZERO proof got that accomplished. Kind of thought with something this important changing that kind of info would some proof but fine. I then asked for the active statement that literally was out for 24 hours max to have the name fixed and to be emailed to me. That too hard for them to accomplish. In their words "You must wait for your next statement to issue." I am trying to get this to get a my driver's license updated with my correct name and do the Real ID without having to pay double. Apparently fixing the name on the bill is TOO Hard. My husband share bills and this is the only one in my name. I hope you are not trying to use them to assist for the REAL ID they will flat out tell you that you are screwed. It was easier to change and get my Social Security card changed and sent to me. And these are the great geniuses that are responsible for providing your home with electricity.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Recently, I engaged Dominion to come to my home to light the gas logs I purchased from the gas company several years ago. Previously, such a visit would include some basic maintenance--for example, light cleaning of the external components. The technician arrived as scheduled, lit the pilot within the first couple of minutes, told me that the light was burning yellow, which indicates that it should be cleaned. He then told me that Dominion no longer sells or services gas logs and that I would need to find someone who does. I was left with a pilot light burning, but I was worried that it was not safe. Within a couple of days, I shut it down. Oh! and paid the $100 service call bill. I understand that the technician was doing his job. However, Dominion has done a poor job of publicly communicating that customers should not call them to light gas logs and expect any other routine support of the logs. Disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Their customer service is the worst I've encountered. When trying to get a service back in my name, after a tenant moved out, it too 2 hours. The representative couldn't find the address (I've had service there for the better part of 12 years). Fast forward, I never received a statement and it took 2 more agents and a supervisor to even get my account information. I shouldn't have to beg to pay a bill. Come to find out they didn't have my information correct, yet there was a balance due immediately. I was more than ready to pay the balance, but they couldn't take a payment by phone. It had to be paid through the website. What has the world become when a human can't assist and I am forced to use their website?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Just tried to cancel service on a home we sold and were told they can't even Start the process until 3 business days out (their policy), which when I asked about if I'm the one being charged for a home I no longer own they said yes. Then they proceeded to tell me that they also have an Additional 4-Day Window in which if they receive service calls, they will attend those first and cancel WHEN THEY CAN. Excuse me, what!!?? So they get UP TO A WEEK to continue charging me for something I no longer own - and I'm sure they're going to charge the new owners too for those same days.

Dominion Resources Company Information