1.23/5

Need a utility company?

Virginia

Need a utility company?

Dominion Resources Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Their customer service is the worst I've encountered. When trying to get a service back in my name, after a tenant moved out, it too 2 hours. The representative couldn't find the address (I've had service there for the better part of 12 years). Fast forward, I never received a statement and it took 2 more agents and a supervisor to even get my account information. I shouldn't have to beg to pay a bill. Come to find out they didn't have my information correct, yet there was a balance due immediately. I was more than ready to pay the balance, but they couldn't take a payment by phone. It had to be paid through the website. What has the world become when a human can't assist and I am forced to use their website?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Just tried to cancel service on a home we sold and were told they can't even Start the process until 3 business days out (their policy), which when I asked about if I'm the one being charged for a home I no longer own they said yes. Then they proceeded to tell me that they also have an Additional 4-Day Window in which if they receive service calls, they will attend those first and cancel WHEN THEY CAN. Excuse me, what!!?? So they get UP TO A WEEK to continue charging me for something I no longer own - and I'm sure they're going to charge the new owners too for those same days.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I called in to cancel service I had set up in advance to a home that I was purchasing, but never moved into as the seller backed out last minute. Dominion Energy's automated phone system sent me in circles, asked me for account info, and from there sent me back to the beginning of the process. I finally reached a person, who informed me they needed to transfer me. They sent me back to the beginning of the automated system. The next person I finally reached had the attitude that they were doing me a favor by answering the phone, and this was before I had said anything. They eventually reluctantly cancelled the service I never used. Good riddance.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

A 1 star is too generous. Dominion Power now named Dominion Energy is so shady and crooked they have been overcharging people and it was on the news recently. Dominion cant explain the reason my bill has increased 1000 percent. I told rep my kilowatt hours last year were less than this year so bill should decrease not increase. Rep had no answer. My bill increase one month 110 dollars overnight. Congress needs to investigate Dominion. They are stealing which is against the law.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Essentially they have you leave a deposit and swindle you out of your money. They make up some ** about how you haven’t paid, and even when you show your debit receipts they don't care. Would not recommend, they do not care whatsoever. Worst service in the history of bad service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dominion Resources?

Original review: July 18, 2019

Do not get sucked in to purchase the replacement or repair programs that Dominion offers. I have the Premium Water Heater Repair or Replacement Program. They cannot find a contractor that will work with them to come to my home. I contacted the plumbers in my area and they refuse to do anything for Home Serve USA.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I'm surprised how this company going down, I mean look at everyone's complaint and their experience. I've had been in their shoes and know how they feel. I felt upset, well even I'm angry because I know I did paid my bill last time but maybe because of my laptop was frozen for little while, like loading and then after back to normal, which is went through complete which I expecting to, but turn out my bill was past due and I received their mail and say it was declined due my bank but my bank said it wasn't declined, and went through perfectly fine.

Obviously my credit card works fine and now you are expecting me to pay more even though charge me and give us cold water? I have three children, they're 4 & under. I gave them bath and realize there's no warm water at all, for them and I'm upset because it says it was decline, gave me charge the bill and I know I paid the last time. This company need to fix it before otherwise the business is going down and closed case! Also need to be strong business. What a terrible business is that.. I personally think they need to do email or call you to check on you before charger you, like they are just jump on you and charge you. Seriously.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Got a shutoff notice then called customer service to arrange a payment then to be told I would not have hot water on same day. My husband paid the same day gas was shut off then was told he could not set up an appointment for someone to turn back gas service on because service was in my name only and that I would have to call them back myself. So no hot water to take shower or cook and I had told them I have a one year old child but customer service lady just replied, "Oh I'm so sorry." For being five days late to pay my gas bill, this is the worst gas utility service I have ever dealt with no compassion whatsoever.

Original review: May 26, 2019

These utility companies recently merged and they're both terrible. I had a payment arrangement for my utility bill but left work late and they closed. They turned off my lights on a Friday of a four day weekend, in 100 degree weather! Waiting three days wouldn't have bankrupted them! Heartless!

Original review: May 9, 2019

One star is overrated. My Dominion bill is due on the fifth of the month. My bills go out from the bookkeeper on the first. If there is a weekend between the bills being sent and my bill do it well past the fifth of the month. Dominion jumps immediately on it to charge me a penalty. Even though the damn bill has been on its way on the first of the month for 25 years. This is the worst damn company to deal with. A real rock-bottom trash gas company

Dominion Resources Company Information