1.12/5
  • 1 star
Based on 81 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 15, 2017

101 Dominion Resources Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

This company is a perfect example of no customer support. I would be hard pressed to think of a company any worse! This is the problem when consumers don't have choices and are forced to choose only one provider, companies then take advantage of consumers. There was a technical outage in my building. The power went off in the morning on a weekend when we had a party scheduled all day. Called and spoke with a supervisor who told me power wouldn't be restored until 11pm. She then explained to me there is nothing they could do to compensate for ruining our event. Not $5 nothing... how poor! She then explained maybe they could do something after 6 days with no service and even then they can't guarantee anything... what a joke! This company is the worst I have ever seen! Virginia get a clue and get this monopolistic out... we need choices!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My daughter was rushed by ambulance a few weeks back and since then been at 3 different hospitals! She is being sent to see the Chief of Staff on ENT in Washington, D.C.this week! Once I was home longer than 5 min among a pile of mail I found a disconnect notice from Dominion VA power for over $1,000.00. I called them right away and all they could do was tell me to dial 211! The disconnect is less than 24 hours away! I am a single mom of 3 children and don't work due to my own medical issues! Dominion power has been paid by me a total of almost $2,000.00 since June 27, 2017. I can barely afford to keep food in the house! After calling 211 I set up an appointment with United Way and Salvation Army for assistance. I have to get someone to watch over my sick child while I meet with these agencies first thing in the morning!

They told me to call Dominion back and let them know so that way power won't be shut off for a couple hours on a sick child! I wasn't asking for a payment plan or an extension just a couple of hours and they said NO! The reason is their computer won't let them! Have we as humans gotten so lazy we can't pick up a phone and ask a technician to hold off for a couple of hours for a sick child so a bill can be taken care of? A computer doesn't recognize the human body but people do! Dominion VA Power has lost all humanity for human life as long as they collect their money! I am sure a few hours was not going to put them into national debt! Their lack of care and concern for a human is appalling and they disgust me as a company and as another US citizen! I hope that they are never in a situation where one of their own children is in a time of need and no one will listen! GOD HELP THEM!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Every customer service representative is very rude, disrespectful, doesn't show any hospitality towards anyone, they will not waive any fees. They will put you on hold and let you stay on hold for almost a half hour. They have Forever lost a loyal customer that pays in full on time every month!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Extremely rude, unethical, and literally robs you of everything you have. Dominion has damn near caused me to lose my home and be homeless due to a $600 bill with unexplained charges. That is the exact amount my rent is. I have called every day for the last month with no answers and saying they will "credit" my bill for the current month. All they did was credit my bill and then forward the amount they credited back onto my next bill. My heart is broken and I have been so stressed out that I just don't care. Thanks Dominion for taking my home from me in order to keep my lights on. How can these people live with themselves?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

So Technician Tyler from DOMINION energy shows up at my house and says, "I need cash from you right now or I'm turning off your gas." WTF!? Right! So we are just supposed to GIVE CASH TO SOMEONE WHO SHOWS UP AGGRESSIVE AT OUR HOUSE TO TERMINATE OUR SERVICE? I ask Questar gas in Springville if this is standard procedure, She tells me: "They are not supposed to make contact with you." Yet, Tyler did exactly that! I told him that I will call right now and pay! He tells me, "Unfortunately I cannot wait for that." This little turd can't wait 5 minutes while pay on the phone? What the hell is wrong with your people!???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dominion Resources?

Original review: July 10, 2017

Today I was shocked to find out that Dominion of Virginia has been taking my regular overpayments for years and directly moving them to a so-called ES INIT account WITHOUT my explicit consent (its CEO's bonus fund?). When I spoke to a supervisor, Ms. ** (Any coincidence here?), she didn't feel any shame of Dominion's business misconducts and claimed that it is stated on the monthly statement's fine prints. Basically, she claimed that it was my fault for not been realizing it even if Dominion has been stealing for years.

Right now, I'm still awaiting refunds for overpayments made this year. I have requested to receive statements for between 2012-2014 to understand how long Dominion has been sneaking behind my back. I am urging those Dominion customers: Please check your billings, statements, and transaction details to make sure you are not a another victim of Dominion's greedy and illegal conduct.

Also, to Dominion of Virginia CEO and the corporate governance body - Please stop this illegal conduct right away! You are not prohibited to steal or move your customer's monies out of their accounts UNLESS you have obtained their explicit consents and signatures prior to those illegal acts. Stealing in the name of Donations is illegal! To Other victims like me: If these illegal acts did not qualify as a Class Action, what Class Actions were created for?

Original review: July 5, 2017

Dominion and the GAZ company are worst than any third world country companies I have dealt with. Worst they actually strive on mediocrity. They charge you whatever amount they want and bully you in to believing it is your fault because you kept your thermostat too high or too low. They can do whatever they want because there is no competition. If I could rate them negative 5 star I would. They are the worst in US if not the world.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Dominion Virginia Power is unfortunately the only Power Company in Northern Virginia, they are also the worst Power Company. Their customer service is horrible, it takes you forever to get to a human being. You're usually sitting on hold for at least 15 minutes before you can talk to a person and then they keep putting you on hold while they try to look up your information. In my household I have a medical condition. They had my medical paper on file but each year they purged their system and they forgot to send me another one. My power was turned off. I paid to have it restored immediately but was still told that I would have to wait until hopefully no later than 8 to have it restored.

With my condition we have to be very careful of either extreme heat or extreme cold and on the day this happened it was 90 degrees and very humid outside and even then they told me that they could request someone come out sooner but they couldn't guarantee that they would be there before 8 p.m. The customer service rep I was speaking with even told me that they were told to tell Dominion Virginia Power clients that even if they're medical clients with medical forms on file they don't get special treatment. They don't get their power turned on any faster after it's been turned off. They just have to wait like everybody else. They're very quick to turn the power off but as soon as you pay they want to drag their feet to turn it back on. And when you have customers who have medical conditions it is inexcusable that you cannot have a technician come out to them immediately to restore their service.

They also keep inconsistent records and keep trying to put all of their customers on paperless billing. Repeatedly I have had issues with not receiving a bill and then being late paying because they have enrolled me in paperless billing. And every time I speak to them I have them unenroll me and they tell me that it's handled and taken care of but the next month it's right back to... you're registered for paperless billing. They're not out here for their clients. They are out here to gouge every cent that they can from the people that live in the communities served by their company.

Original review: May 23, 2017

My son has a medical necessity and they do not care. I paid my bill and they refuse to turn my service on until 8. I talked to the head of the company and she is a total reject. I spent 30 mins on hold trying to talk to the right person and here I am in the ER because my son need his nebulizer and couldn't use it home!

Original review: March 22, 2017

I enrolled my account in autopay. I also disabled "budget billing" because I'd rather just always pay the full amount due on the due date... automatically. "Automatic Payments. Pay 100% of balance due on the due date. Enrolled." Great! Lo and behold, after the draft goes through I notice that only the budget amount was taken out. "PAY 100% OF BALANCE DUE ON THE DUE DATE" seemed pretty clear, but it didn't happen, so I called to find out why.

"You disabled budget billing after the bill was generated." "OK? So?" "The non-budget billing amount will be actually be deducted during the next cycle." "OK, great, that works." "However, that will result in a late fee." "What?" "You can pay now to avoid the late fee." "OK, fine - Please take the full amount due out of my account." "If you do it over the phone, that will result in a service fee." "OK... Nevermind then - I'll just pay online." "You can't pay online because you are enrolled in autopay."

Original review: March 21, 2017

Power usage discrepancy - I moved out of my home on October 15, 2016 due to accepting another employment opportunity located in Fort Meade, Maryland. The house has been vacant since I moved out. I believe that my electricity usage is incorrect and that there is an issue with my meter. There is no way that the home could generate that much electricity without someone residing in it. I have also compared the current monthly bills to bills issued in 2015 (which is when I resided in the home with my son), and the cost is about the same, which is also impossible. I really need someone to look into this as soon as possible. I called customer service recently and was told that there was nothing that could be done. When I resided in the home the total power usage was 11,197, and since moving out of the home the total usage is 14,615. The current amount exceeds the amount of power that was used when I physically resided in the home.

Original review: March 20, 2017

My wife and I are in our late 50s and have NEVER experienced the trouble which Dominion Hope gives its customers! We own 4 houses in Parkersburg, WV and it is only brutal to deal with ONE utility company... Dominion Hope. I know that people have jobs to do, but to have such unsympathetic, rude, and crass customer service located 1,000 miles away in Waco, Texas is unbelievable. Since I was working, my wife had to be at the house to have gas turned on. It was the dead of winter and about 15 degrees outside. The best they could give for a time frame was 8AM-Noon. So since the house was cold and had no furnishings, she waited in the car for a technician to come by and read the meter and turn on one little valve. Okay, 4 hours right? NOPE.

Noon came and went. We called the customer service which is headquartered in Waco, TX and they told us that yes they missed the time slot but that it was not their problem, it was our problem and she would now have to wait from Noon until 4PM. At 5PM they STILL had not arrived and so, being off work I called them. They told me that it would be later and that it would be between 8PM and midnight. WHAAAAT?! I told them that it was unacceptable and that my wife had waited outside for 8 hours in 15-degree weather and their response was "Well that's the way it is!" I drove to the local Dominion Hope building in Parkersburg and although it had signs saying no admittance I went through the gate anyway and rang the front bell. What a difference in the politeness and helpful experience I had from the local people as opposed to the rudeness which I found in multiple Waco people!!!

They agreed that Waco's customer service and the way they handled new customers and service issues was rarely good and within 45 minutes had the gas turned on for us. Dominion Hope better check out where their system is falling: first in the extremely rude department in Waco; next, do they need more help to fulfill service calls? I am not sure but something needs addressed. Our experience with electric, water, trash, is fine. And our experience with the gas companies in homes which we own in Ohio is fine. It's JUST DOMINION HOPE. Any chance to avoid this company, do so if at all possible. Their Waco, Texas department is nothing but a bunch of unhelpful and lazy losers!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I called Dominion Power to do a simple transfer. The customer service rep was not friendly. It was downright brutal dealing with this company! It was an act of congress to have our service transferred. Dominion Power is the worst in customer service. I was transferred from one person to another. The government likes to destroy monopolies. They should start with all utility companies and make them earn their customers.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Dominion Power has charge me twice for the same bill that I have already paid last month and this month which is causing a back up. I have been paying my bill as normal until January bill came in and Dominion Power out of the blue cast my bill up to 270 after I had just paid my bill and the amount should have went down but instead it went up and I have not been home nor was I using my heat. I called and I was connected to 3 different managers and there was only one that gave her name and she as a manager could not tell me why my bill was going up when I am making my payments. I ask "Why are you not posting my payments?" And in response I got "Well I see you made your payment on this date so you owe now 217." And I ask can she send me that payment bill amount then she said "Oh but you still owe another amount."

And at that time I was really fed up because I knew that was not true. She then said let me connect you to the people that handles that, this man came on the phone and said "How may I help you?" I had to explain myself all over. He claim to also be a manager with no ID number. They was all saying the same thing so I ask for a corporate office number and he said "OK hold on. I will get you that number." Then a ** lady got on the phone. Said "There is no one else you can discuss your bill with and corporate will tell you the same thing that you owe an extra 100 dollars from your December bill." I said "No ma'am you are wrong because I have all of my receipts and I also have my December receipt as well." She never respond to that. She just said "Well you may have thought you paid it but you didn't." I told her that I refuse to pay a bill that I have already paid and that I will get a lawyer for legal advice.

Dominion power has been cheating a lot of people and something needs to be done right away. They know that people needs their lights in their homes and they use that against the people to get more money that is why I keeps all of my receipts. Also I am looking to move to a place with everything included. I refuse to deal with Dominion Power. I need them to stop trying to make me pay for electric that I am not using because sometimes I don't use my heat or stove and my bill is even higher and at this time I will only pay what I feel I feel owe.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

When my husband and I moved to a new residence, we were supposed have a transfer of service and stop service at our old home. We just found out that the power was never stopped at the previous residence and we have been paying the bill for two homes for several months. We only found out by accident that the new tenant had never turned power on in her name. Any attempts to resolve this issue have been met with a runaround. When I called to determine whose name the electric had been in for those months, I was told they had no record of my call to stop service to the old residence. I have never had to specify that I needed to stop service to one address when it is clearly a transfer, but yes I had specifically requested service be stopped at one residence and transferred to the new one.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

My girlfriend lives in Chesterfield, Va. She has a 3500 sq ft @ floor colonial house built in a nice neighborhood, 5 years ago built on a crawl. Her electric bill/ cooling bill averages 300-350 a month during average months and 500-700 a month during summer months. Yet I am in Central Virginia living in a modified rancher with 3200 sq ft built on a partial basement and my electric bill only 95-110.00 per month plus I pay 5.95 a mo for surge protection on my appliances!!! Have a surge suppressor on my meter base! Only thing I can think of is our rates must be cheaper than yours or your incomes are higher proportionately and Dom Res is making sure they rip you a new one... Think I'd be interested in a change if I were you to a area that is served by a coop electric firm... jmho.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I have lived in a dozen states now and Dominion Power has been by far the worst power company I have ever had. I've been forced to buy backup power supplies for all major electronics and my alarm clocks are now automatically resetting because of the number of power outages. It is absurd. Just last night there were 4 times when the power went out for absolutely no reason. In the 7 years I've lived here the power has gone out on average 2 times per month. It's frankly outrageous how often the power goes out and regulators do nothing to force them to actually provide decent service.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

I just found out that I am past due AGAIN with Dominion VA Power... This after making 2 payments to them totaling over $280 in the past 2 weeks. I contacted them over this and was informed that those payments caught me up on previous past due bills, but that I had been charged another bill for this month that was now 2 days overdue. This seems almost criminal to me, and I have to wonder how many poor families have ended up freezing to death to satisfy these SHARKS!! There HAS to be another option to keep the heat on in the winter because monopolies are supposed to be illegal in America. Unfortunately, like Cox Cable for internet service, Dominion is the ONLY choice, and if they are too expensive then hey, you can always JUST DIE!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I called to set up electricity for a new apartment and Dominion's customer service is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!! THE WORST!!! I wish there was another company I could go with to get electricity from. With electricity being a LIFE NECESSITY they have you jump through too many hoops to get services started because they're afraid of fraud. NEWS FLASH DOMINION! Criminals will circumvent your HOOPS so stop making it difficult for the honest customer try to get electricity in their home. After all the hoops they want a UNETHICAL DEPOSIT AMOUNT which they keep for 12 consecutive on time monthly payments. Heaven forbid you forget to pay on time 1 month and it resets their stupid count. Terrible customer service every phone call! Every time. I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE DOMINION POWER!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

Our business, a Garden Center in Fairfax, was without power when we opened this morning. We were told by the crew working outside our gate that power would be restored by 9:15 this morning. About an hour later the crew left, but we didn't have power. We began calling to find out why. A representative from Dominion called my husband back. He said that their records showed that the power had been restored. He suggested that we check our main breaker. We did, but it was not the breaker. At 10:45, my husband was able to reach the man from Dominion that he had spoken with. The man told my husband that there was a crew in the area and that they would return soon. As of 1 pm, no one has shown up. The rep from Dominion will not answer his phone, nor will he return our calls. I just called the automated number again. It now says that we have an outage that will be repaired between 1 pm and 6 pm.

So we have one of our busiest days of the fall without power, without phones, lights, or computers. Instead of focusing on our customers, we are having to deal with this disaster. There is no sense of urgency or obligation on Dominion's part. It's incredible that the crew that was here this morning reported the outage as repaired without actually checking to see if the business right where they were working really did have power -- a no-brainer in my book. So, Dominion, how are you going to make this up to us? Will we be paying for the electricity that we don't have? Will you compensate us for the lost sales for calls that weren't answered today? Your customer service is non-existent.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

Horrible billing & customer service. Bills are about the month before so it makes it confusing for the customer. I had to setup a payment arrangement however plans changed & I couldn't make the arrangement by 9.14.16 by 5pm. which I called prior to see if I could push back another day because I got paid on the 15th. The agent told me no.. but stated I could pay my past due balance on the 15th before the tech came out to disconnect service... I actually ran to the bank as soon as my deposit went through (1am on the 15th) just to make sure I paid the balance prior. Since they wouldn't/couldn't tell me when the tech was coming out.

I logged onto the acct online & there's an additional 242 charge (deposit + another bal that I still don't know what it's for to this day) that I had to pay in order for my service to stay on & my payment didn't even post yet (it says after 10p on the website if it's the same day). They use billmatrix which sucks (it'll say you'll get a confirmation email after posting the payment but I don't even get that sometimes) and they don't even accept American Express or else it will come back declined (even though there's money on the acct - another incident I had). But anyways called them they basically said I had no choice. Had to pay the deposit plus the other fee to keep my service on.

I was furious because my service was still on & that's not what I was told initially by the 1st rep or why should I have to pay a deposit as if I'm a new customer?? They told me the rep wouldn't of been able to see that far out to see whether an additional bal would be due at that time. How if you're looking at my acct/billing history?? I had literally tried to make sure I made the payment by running to the bank in the middle of the night. After several supervisor calls and escalated calls (I even asked for corporate's # and the rep told me no. Even asked for sup's boss and she transferred me to a dead line). I will be getting a refund but just the deposit credited back but my acct will go back to reflecting past due so why will they not just credit my full 242 AND refund me back??

Now I got to wait 5-10 days for it to be refunded? & the ticket for the refund has to be closed out? Probably because they have to wait for billmatrix to reverse it. You're told one thing but it's another. Some people say they will call you back but don't. If you call please write names and conversations down. Long hold times; they don't even come back on the line to check on the customer.

The customer service skills suck. They don't show willingness to help. No direct line for corporate not even an email. The website has a corporate contacts page but it's the customer service contact #s. & the billpay system sucks - make sure you write the confirmation # down and call once your payment posts. If there was another electric utility company out here I would have been switched. As a customer I don't feel valued; & my service has NEVER BEEN OFF. Now what's going to happen on that 10th business day - only time will tell.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

Dominion power sucks... I overlooked paying the electric bill and the tech came to cut me off this morning. I said "give me a sec and I can pay the bill right away," the tech said he is not allowed to do that so I went online and paid anyway before he even left the house at 11 this morning. I called and did the directions for reconnect and now almost 7 hours later I'm still waiting for power to be turned back on. They are quick to turn you off but don't want to turn service back on.

Original review: May 27, 2016

As a Dominion Customer I'm appalled by the lack of customer service from this company. It is almost impossible to communicate with a real human being at Dominion. Their website is set up with third party vendors so bill payment is online with Bill Matrix while Bank Draft comes from a separate vendor. Many of the email links on the Dominion website do not work. There is only one customer service telephone line and the system is entirely automated. There is no option to speak to a representative.

After numerous frustrations I figured out the only way to speak with a real person is to remain silent throughout the automated phone call and eventually you might get transferred to a representative. Sadly the representative could not help with any billing or account issues other than to direct me back to the website. All I wanted to do was check my balance and make a payment, but they were rude and unable to assist me. I had set up automated bank draft online, but their system failed to register it.

Finally I figured out I could speak with a real person at Bill Matrix, Dominion's payment vendor, by calling their direct line at 1-877-315-6090. Of course this number is not advertised or listed anywhere else. Bill Matrix could not tell me my account balance or the reason why the automatic bank draft was failing (since that is run by a separate Dominion vendor). But at the end of the day at least Bill Matrix could talk to me nicely and give me a receipt for payment. Neither of which were possible with Dominion. I've still not been able to receive any reason from Dominion why my previous payments were not accepted or acknowledged.

Original review: May 19, 2016

I moved to a new apartment and scheduled power to be turned on. To make a long story short, I called Dominion daily to understand why my power wasn't on. Each day was a different excuse; the tech tried to reach you, meter couldn't be found, or dangerous conditions. Sometimes the excuses were repeated, for 7 days. I informed representative I was never contacted. When I asked to be contacted, I was told techs do not call customers. The stories went on for 7 days. Then, out of the blue... 7pm on a Friday... power went on!! I ran to every window. No tech or truck. Anywhere! I was thankful. I made a claim for my loss. Almost 7 days later the claims rep said my power wasn't turned on because I couldn't be reached and reps couldn't get to meter. WHAT!!!??? I explained this to him AGAIN. Next email, did you bring the food from last residential area. WHAT? Yes, that has NOTHING to do with my power not being turned on!!!

Original review: April 18, 2016

They have the most rude customer service representatives I have ever encountered. They are also the only utility company I have worked with in VA that doesn't collect customer feedback surveys, which I find interesting. I am buying a new home and asked if they could provide an estimate monthly bill for the home based on historical use. I was able to obtain this information from Washington Gas and Virginia American Water easily. Not only was the representative rude and unhelpful, she claimed to be transferring me to the Account Management department, which left me on hold or 30+ minutes. Unfortunately, you don't have a choice in using Dom VA Power as your electric provider. They are terrible.

Original review: April 15, 2016

I fell on hard times at work and moved out of an apt on May 2013, the day before an eviction was to be executed. Just prior to moving I called DomVaPwr to have svc disconnected the day after I moved since we would need the electricity into the evening to see what we were doing. I didn't hear anything back from them and trusted (BIG mistake) that they had dc'd the svc. In Dec of 2015 ... yes, TWO AND A HALF YEARS LATER, I got a letter from them at my current address saying that $1972.30 was being added to my current bill to cover svc at that old address from May '13 to Dec '13. I called immediately, informed them that I had moved out in May '13, and had requested the svc to be turned off. I was told that there was no record of me calling. When I asked why I would move and not turn off the svc, the answer was a weak "I don't know."

Anyway, I was told to send some supporting documents to an address out of state. I did so, but 30 days later, this amount was still on my bill, so I called again. This time I was told that she wasn't sure why the other person had told me to do what she told me, the address wasn't correct, and that this was an identity fraud issue. I was told to get some form from the FTC, and email it to them along with a copy of my ID. So I searched high and low for this form, not even the FTC had any idea what form I was talking about, and in the meantime, I got a cut-off notice for the close to two thousand dollars in question. I called AGAIN, and spoke to yet someone else after the usual 30-45 minutes of being on hold.

Again, I explained the problem, and after being transferred and have to tell the story no less than three more times, I was told by a supervisor that there was a note on my account stating that DOM had attempted to dc svc in May, but the landlord had the patio locked and the meter was inaccessible. Somehow, this note was not visible to any of the people I spoke to in December. I was then transferred to credit management, where I had to tell the story AGAIN. They also said it was identity theft as the landlord had used power in my name without my consent. I asked why it took more than TWO years to be notified of this issue, and I was told that DOM had no way of contacting me... Never mind that by this time I'd started svc with DOM in my name TWICE, and neither time was this mentioned.

Anyway, this time I was told to get a police report stating that the landlord had "stolen" svc in my name, and to email it to an email address at DOM that she gave me. She also cancelled the cutoff notice, but two days later, I was disconnected, it was turned back on several hours later after I called. Over the next couple of weeks, I spoke with several police officers and a magistrate, and was informed that they could not in good faith give me a police report for something that happened two years ago and that I had no documentation to support. Yes, I had asked DOM several times in previous conversations to send me the billing statement for the amount, but I was always told that they could not because it was "so long ago."

While trying to figure out what to do since DOM obviously wasn't going to help me with it, I got yet another cutoff. I called again... and after 4-5 consecutive days of calling and being put on hold for longer than I could wait (I am at work during their business hours), I finally got through and spoke to yet another "supervisor". This time, I was told that this was not an identity theft or fraud issue. She didn't know why I was told that (which was the excuse for all the supervisors I spoke with concerning what I'd been previously told), and that I needed to get a copy of the eviction that proved when I moved out and fax it to her.

Even though it was already 4:30 pm by the time I got through and after being kept on hold for more than 30 minutes while my call was being "transferred", there was no way I could get the paperwork that day (the courts clerks office closes at 4), she would not even extend the cut-off for 24 hrs to give me time to get what she asked for. And my service was disconnected the next day. But I got the requested paperwork the following morning and faxed it to her at the number she gave me. I'm not sure why she bothered to tell me she would call when she received, because of course she didn't. I eventually walked out of my class and called, and got through after twenty minutes of hold. This was at 428 pm. I informed the person I spoke to that I needed to be transferred to a supervisor, and even gave her the name of the woman I had spoken to the day before and who had requested I fax my supporting documents.

Well, at 4:55 pm she came back to the phone and said that person had "gone for the day." She said she would note that I called and have this other woman call me in the morning. I told her I would be at work and might not be able to talk, and she said this other person would leave a message if necessary. Um, yeah. Each time I called, I asked why it took so long for DOM to alert me to the situation, most said they didn't know, but one said in a rude voice "we don't call customers, they call us." Wow. They still insist that there is no record of me calling to disconnect, yet every time I call, whomever I speak to "finds" something else in the notes for my account.

I was also told that when you call to start service, they don't know if you already have service somewhere else or an outstanding balance... I know this to be a lie because I have had the final balance of one account added to the new account, and they use SSN to look you up, which will show all DOM accounts. Their practices are crooked, customer svc lies to get you off the phone, or they just have no idea what they are talking about and tell you what they think will work. This has been a very negative experience, and if there was a choice in this area for electric service, I would switch to it. DOM is rude, lies, and has no regard for its customers because it is a monopoly for electric service here.

Original review: March 14, 2016

We just moved into a new trailer. Well they charged me the deposit installment of 86 and is only a one time deposit but it's on the 4th month and still have it plus we never home during the day. Everything stays off even the heat. The only thing at night we use is the tv and we don't cook. We go out but my bill is still 450. That's crazy! Dominion sucks and is overcharging customers.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2016

It started December 20, 2015. We moved into this house. The power was already turned on so we assumed the owner turned it on due to the cold weather. On Jan 28, 2016 the power guy came to our home and said that the power was unauthorized usage. So I called the landlord. She told me that she did not turn it on. So I called the power company to put the power in my name. They said I could not do that until I paid the 1260.64 for that bill.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2016

I was having financial problems. I received a disconnect notice. Dominion Power would not give me a 24 hour extension to where my power would be cut off. I live in VA. We have a lot of racial issues in our area. I am white and I truly feel because of this I have been discriminated against. The 3 - yes, three - supervisors I talked to were black. I could tell by their diction. I've been around these type of worthless individual since 1974. They would not even give me an additional 24 hours... Really?! Dominion Power is as I feel racist and non caring per the treatment I have received.

Everybody has hard times now and then. I don't understand why they have to behave and act like a entity from a third world country. I have for many years hated this word in my gut, but the conditioning and treatment I have received over the last forty years has easily enabled me to say... I HATE **! Civil court is definitely an option for me. If you check your bible verses... it states they are clearly the Beasts of The Field. I welcome and will deal with all replies...

Original review: Jan. 2, 2016

My ex boyfriend, the father of my children gave me his mobile home to ensure our children had a suitable place to live. I lived with him at one time. I moved from Ohio to WV so I needed to transfer my license to WV. This was in 2013. Well he left owing a gas bill which I thought no big deal. So I called dominion and gave them the required info, id, ss card and rental agreement because it's a rented lot. The gas company sent me my first bill for the initial hook up, he no longer resides here and my agreement was the utilities would go in my name.

Well they haven't turned on my gas because my id has this address from 2013 although I've not lived with him and can prove it, so I've called them daily to complain and they keep saying I have to pay the past bill in order to have heat hot water and be able to cook. And the other day dominion sent a bill that was my ex's so I opened it out of curiosity to see the amount. Lo and behold what I seen was insane. The gas company put my name on his acct. They basically forged my name to his acct. That's not right. I didn't sign anything so how could they possibly do that?

I have a son that's almost 3 and I'm having a lil girl in 3 weeks and I have no heat.. What can I do? I tried explaining to the gas company and they are using the fact my license say 2013 so they assume I lived here. Even if so, they can't forge his acct and make me responsible... What is wrong with people? I'm a single parent trying to do right by my children... So if I were to move I would still be in the same situation because they said the bill will follow me, but I can't afford to move. Not know how to go about moving a trailer.

Dominion Resources Company Information