Virginia

3.0/5 (376 ratings)

About Dominion Resources

Dominion Resources Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dominion Resources?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dominion Resources?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

They ran the new gas line, then came to set the meter and said the couldn't because the line wasn't in right. I had to pay my heating company to fix it. They said they'd come right out to set the meter, then said they couldn't until the next week. The guy came yesterday to set the meter and left a tag saying he couldn't because no one was home. There were 4 people there and I have 4 dogs, he never knocked!!! I called today and "Sparkle" felt it was fine to yell at me telling me they always knock. I have a Ring... He did NOT. So I have to wait another week. This company is awful and there should be more options in our area than one, Dominion! Awful, horrible service. By the way, it took a year to get this far with them!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

On Friday, Aug. 26, 2022, somebody removed the electricity meter for our apartment and prepared to install a new one. This did not work, and whoever it was just walked away and left both the new meter and the old one without even reporting it. It is now Wed. Aug. 31 and power has not been restored. We have had to spend four nights in hotels and had to discard approximately $200 worth of food from our refrigerator and freezer.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

They Turned off my gas to my home with no warning, and then tell me I have to pay a reconnection fee. I'm completely disgusting with how I got treated with all this. I paid them 200 on the 3rd of Aug 2022, and then they shut it off with no warning on the 9th of Aug 2022, I call to figure it out. And they tell me to get it back on it's going to be 400+ dollars. So I go into smith's to pay 500 on my account on the 9th and call them back to get my gas turned back on. They tell me I can't get my gas back on until the 10th. I tell them I have 2 kids that need baths, and I need gas to cook them dinner. It's take all but 5 min to turn the gas back on. They tell me there is nothing they can do which is messed up cause they gave no warning whatsoever. If there was a different gas company I would leave them for sure. I absolutely hate how they handled the situation. They absolutely suck in my opinion.

Original review: July 18, 2022

Has anyone tried to open an account with them? It is IMPOSSIBLE. I tried and tried. Left my call-back number to no avail. So I held for 1 hour and finally got someone named Christie. She attempted to get through herself to the department she said I needed to reach and SHE couldn't get through either! But at least she tried. I asked her to take my number because if we got disconnected I couldn't waste another day trying. She eventually got me through to someone named Dasia. I gave Dasia our name and the street address with state and zip. Also the lot number. No new construction is given a 911 street number until AFTER the house is completed. Upon giving her that information, Dasia promptly hung up on me. A little too complicated for her abilities I suppose. But I am FURIOUS! So, I'm typing this review as I hold for another hour or two.

Does Dominion want ANY business or what?! Years ago when I worked for AT&T, all calls were monitored. If I had hung up on a customer I would have been promptly fired on the spot. But that was when customers counted. Sure miss those times. This company could care less about your account or you. Yet, you are prevented from joining any other electric company. Can't get service from then. Can't go anywhere else. So, WHEN did monopolies become legal? And how do we change that?

Original review: June 10, 2022

The representative I talked to was extremely rude and did not talk as if she wanted to actually provide me when any help with the service. I got no actual helpful information for the service. Instead all I received was an attitude.

Original review: May 23, 2022

They fools are trying to charge me for someone else's electric after I moved in October 2021. WHAT? It's almost June. Now they are trying to collect. I am Westcoast until I die. Eastcoast is full of scammer companies. Why do people even live in Virginia? On the Westcoast electric companies can't charge you after you move. This garbage company will never stop charging you after you move. They probably charging the other people that live there as well. Just live somewhere else.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

My electric company is fantastic. If your power is out they come right away. They call and keep you informed how long it will be before things are up and running. They appreciate your input and let you leave a message or have a person to talk to. They do preventative maintenance by trimming trees to keep them from falling on lines. Highly recommend Dominion Power.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Their cost is always high no matter what time of year or season we are in. Every time I pay my bill it never seems to go down, it increases every month. Tried to get help but no one never responds to my phone calls.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Too expensive, horrible service. They need to work on their customer service and service itself. I am very disappointed with this company. As soon as I find another company I will happily cancel my service with Dominion Energy.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Guess Dominion wants to take a cue from Texas and figure out how to get the most from customers. The new meters are CRAP! And how can us customers even TRUST Dominion? Since the new meter was put on my home, WHILE I WAS NOT THERE, somehow my kWh usage is almost double my past historical usage!! I have 3 months of bills in dispute. I want a 3rd PARTY to test these meters. Why would I trust Dominion to test their own meter and say it's faulty?? That's like you buying gas and trusting the company is giving you a gallon because that's what the pump says. GUESS WHAT, 3rd parties test those pumps for us consumers to assure we are getting the gallon we are paying for. We need an advocacy group to do the same for these new meters. I'm not alone, my neighbors are having VERY SCARY SIMILAR EXPERIENCES!!!

Dominion Resources Company Information