Virginia

3.0/5 (379 ratings)

About Dominion Resources

Dominion Resources Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dominion Resources?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

They gave an appointment on Nov 28th Monday between 12-2 and promised to give the US a call 30 min and never received a call. When called them they said, they called. We gave 2 numbers to call them and we never received a call from them and rescheduled the appointment for next day between 12-4 and around 4 called and saying they running behind. They can anytime maybe after 5 or 6 or anytime and these guys are very rude and for rescheduling appointment, they put me on call for 2 hours. SUCH A WORST COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

My account was paid in full on 10/14/2022 in the amount of $1948.00 leaving a credit of $490.58 on my account. The deferred payment plan was completed and paid in full in excess of $145.09, please refer to page 3 in the October 19th statement for reference. You will see that the total Deferred payment plan balance was $986.99 and payments/adjustments of $1,132.08 were made leaving an over payment of $145.09. On that same bill on page one there was an installment 3 of 4 added for the amount of $172.75 that should have never been added because the DPP and the entire account balance was paid completing the plan. Upon speaking with Dominion, they refuse to correct this issue or even acknowledge it.

They also stated that once the initial down payment of $296 was made towards the $986.99 the remaining balance of $690.99 was rolled over each month until payment was made on the 14th of October. Therefore, one payment of $172.75 for the month of October needs to be returned to the account in the form of a credit while the DPP needs to be marked completed and no future payment in November for the amount of $172.74 as the account has already been paid in full.

After waiting on the phone for over an hour at 11:28am for answers on 10/25/22, I was told a supervisor was not available and they would be calling me back before business closed at 6pm. I got a call from Dan at 6:12pm after hours and when I attempted to call back, they were closed. On 10/27/22 I called back to customer support again and asked to be transferred to a supervisor and once connected they told me they would have to call me back at a later time after having the billing department investigate this. I was also told that on the 25th Dan deleted the payment plan causing the last payment for DPP to be due taking the full remaining credit of $127.75 and leaving a balance of $44.99 to be paid by November 8th when a bill was just generated on Oct 19th.

This payment was not supposed to be billed originally until November 16th when a new bill is generated. Dan did this without my permission and did not listen to the fact that there should have never been a payment 3 or 4 in the DPP since it was paid in full on 10/14/22. I have yet to get any answers to my questions and now instead of being owed one payment of 172.75 there is now a second payment of $172.74 that should have never been taken.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

They ran the new gas line, then came to set the meter and said the couldn't because the line wasn't in right. I had to pay my heating company to fix it. They said they'd come right out to set the meter, then said they couldn't until the next week. The guy came yesterday to set the meter and left a tag saying he couldn't because no one was home. There were 4 people there and I have 4 dogs, he never knocked!!! I called today and "Sparkle" felt it was fine to yell at me telling me they always knock. I have a Ring... He did NOT. So I have to wait another week. This company is awful and there should be more options in our area than one, Dominion! Awful, horrible service. By the way, it took a year to get this far with them!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

On Friday, Aug. 26, 2022, somebody removed the electricity meter for our apartment and prepared to install a new one. This did not work, and whoever it was just walked away and left both the new meter and the old one without even reporting it. It is now Wed. Aug. 31 and power has not been restored. We have had to spend four nights in hotels and had to discard approximately $200 worth of food from our refrigerator and freezer.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

They Turned off my gas to my home with no warning, and then tell me I have to pay a reconnection fee. I'm completely disgusting with how I got treated with all this. I paid them 200 on the 3rd of Aug 2022, and then they shut it off with no warning on the 9th of Aug 2022, I call to figure it out. And they tell me to get it back on it's going to be 400+ dollars. So I go into smith's to pay 500 on my account on the 9th and call them back to get my gas turned back on. They tell me I can't get my gas back on until the 10th. I tell them I have 2 kids that need baths, and I need gas to cook them dinner. It's take all but 5 min to turn the gas back on. They tell me there is nothing they can do which is messed up cause they gave no warning whatsoever. If there was a different gas company I would leave them for sure. I absolutely hate how they handled the situation. They absolutely suck in my opinion.

Original review: July 18, 2022

Has anyone tried to open an account with them? It is IMPOSSIBLE. I tried and tried. Left my call-back number to no avail. So I held for 1 hour and finally got someone named Christie. She attempted to get through herself to the department she said I needed to reach and SHE couldn't get through either! But at least she tried. I asked her to take my number because if we got disconnected I couldn't waste another day trying. She eventually got me through to someone named Dasia. I gave Dasia our name and the street address with state and zip. Also the lot number. No new construction is given a 911 street number until AFTER the house is completed. Upon giving her that information, Dasia promptly hung up on me. A little too complicated for her abilities I suppose. But I am FURIOUS! So, I'm typing this review as I hold for another hour or two.

Does Dominion want ANY business or what?! Years ago when I worked for AT&T, all calls were monitored. If I had hung up on a customer I would have been promptly fired on the spot. But that was when customers counted. Sure miss those times. This company could care less about your account or you. Yet, you are prevented from joining any other electric company. Can't get service from then. Can't go anywhere else. So, WHEN did monopolies become legal? And how do we change that?

Original review: June 10, 2022

The representative I talked to was extremely rude and did not talk as if she wanted to actually provide me when any help with the service. I got no actual helpful information for the service. Instead all I received was an attitude.

Original review: May 23, 2022

They fools are trying to charge me for someone else's electric after I moved in October 2021. WHAT? It's almost June. Now they are trying to collect. I am Westcoast until I die. Eastcoast is full of scammer companies. Why do people even live in Virginia? On the Westcoast electric companies can't charge you after you move. This garbage company will never stop charging you after you move. They probably charging the other people that live there as well. Just live somewhere else.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

My electric company is fantastic. If your power is out they come right away. They call and keep you informed how long it will be before things are up and running. They appreciate your input and let you leave a message or have a person to talk to. They do preventative maintenance by trimming trees to keep them from falling on lines. Highly recommend Dominion Power.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Their cost is always high no matter what time of year or season we are in. Every time I pay my bill it never seems to go down, it increases every month. Tried to get help but no one never responds to my phone calls.

Dominion Resources Company Information