Virginia

4.0/5 (119 ratings)

About Dominion Resources

Dominion Resources Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dominion Resources?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dominion Resources?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

My electric company is fantastic. If your power is out they come right away. They call and keep you informed how long it will be before things are up and running. They appreciate your input and let you leave a message or have a person to talk to. They do preventative maintenance by trimming trees to keep them from falling on lines. Highly recommend Dominion Power.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Their cost is always high no matter what time of year or season we are in. Every time I pay my bill it never seems to go down, it increases every month. Tried to get help but no one never responds to my phone calls.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Too expensive, horrible service. They need to work on their customer service and service itself. I am very disappointed with this company. As soon as I find another company I will happily cancel my service with Dominion Energy.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Guess Dominion wants to take a cue from Texas and figure out how to get the most from customers. The new meters are CRAP! And how can us customers even TRUST Dominion? Since the new meter was put on my home, WHILE I WAS NOT THERE, somehow my kWh usage is almost double my past historical usage!! I have 3 months of bills in dispute. I want a 3rd PARTY to test these meters. Why would I trust Dominion to test their own meter and say it's faulty?? That's like you buying gas and trusting the company is giving you a gallon because that's what the pump says. GUESS WHAT, 3rd parties test those pumps for us consumers to assure we are getting the gallon we are paying for. We need an advocacy group to do the same for these new meters. I'm not alone, my neighbors are having VERY SCARY SIMILAR EXPERIENCES!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I scheduled a stop service because I was moving and there was little to no instruction for what to do. No email except to confirm. Customer service was inflexible. Blamed me. Apparently they require someone to show up at the physical location and I didn’t live there anymore. No one was in the house for 15 days and apparently THAT costs $198.... customer service called me out for not remember the brief moment during cancellation that I didn’t remember their momentary instruction.... this company is crap and they don’t care about their customers. Unwilling to help you with anything.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I paid for my services to be restored and sent proper paperwork needed to complete this transaction I have emailed and faxed my paperwork 4 times and I still don't have heat. It's been 7 days, I was told it takes 24 to 48 hours to process then make an appointment for someone to turn my gas on. Furthermore I was told there are no managers overseeing the payment center so there was none to talk to. I've been on the phone with Customer service for 4 days now without any positive results. My daughter and I are in the cold without hot water. I need help!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

We over paid our bill by hundreds of dollars. Your rep said $300 would be returned. We wait.... Then, we call to find out where our money is. The rep states the ACH was NSF. This is a lie. I have proof, both my gas bill and my bank statement say they still have my money. I fully believe someone at Dominion East Ohio Gas is stealing from people in the name of NSF checks. I have contacted East Ohio Gas Company Dominion and they are refusing to help.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Dominion Energy is the worst gas company you can work with. If there's any other option, I would immediately switch. They charge a fixed monthly fee no matter how much gas you use. When I moved to a new house, they started and stopped service on 1 day apart and sent me a bill for $30. When I called them to fix the billing issue, it was the single worst experience I've ever had on the phone with any company. I was transferred 5 separate times, at one point to the Gas Emergency hotline where the lady hung up on me. Then I had to call back and they have no record or any clue to all the other calls. It's unbelievable any company can be this bad. Their online portal is total garbage too. This is the worst company I've ever dealt with for anything.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I live in Mount Pleasant SC, My electric bill for august 2020 is 220.46. The most my bill has been was $180 tops during a month in the winter which is to be expected. I typically pay around $140 a month. I just think it's ridiculous how much the prices have jumped. I know they recently switch from SCE&G from my area but this is ridiculous especially in a time like this.

Original review: July 14, 2020

We have been customers of Rocky Mountain Power/Dominion Energy since 1998. In that entire time, I don't remember ever paying late until last month. I closed a bank account and forgot to cover the automatic payment of $25.78 for June. For that mistake, I got a letter saying I have to pay a late fee of $20 and send the missing funds and late fee by money order or cashier check in the next 10 days or risk having my service interrupted. Seriously? I no longer have good credit after paying on time for 22 years? If I had a choice of gas companies I would be going to another company today. Too bad I don't.

Dominion Resources Company Information